Errors-To: owner-tmbg-digest@tmbg.org Reply-To: tmbg-digest@tmbg.org Sender: owner-tmbg-digest@tmbg.org Precedence: bulk From: owner-tmbg-digest@tmbg.org To: tmbg-digest@tmbg.org Subject: tmbg-list Digest #3-409 tmbg-list Digest, Volume 3, Number 409 Saturday, 14 February 1998 Today's Topics: Re: TMBG: stumpbox confirm... TMBG: Re: david byrne & dewan (everyone but tmbg) TMBG: feeny and radio stuff TMBG: now all we need are the lyrics... TMBG: College Dj's TMBG: Re: Non-tmbg: tryptophan and the other amino acids... TMBG: miscellaneous replies... *yawn* TMBG: Don't Let's Start and performances (Fwd) Re: TMBG: FAQ for the thinking impired (AKA, Internet FA TMBG: For us all Boston listeners TMBG: Re: Non-tmbg: tryptophan and the other amino acids... TMBG: performances Re: TMBG: For us all Boston listeners Re: TMBG: Don't Let's Start and performances Re: TMBG: Re: Non-tmbg: tryptophan and the other amino acids... TMBG: Misc TMBG Re: TMBG: now all we need are the lyrics... Re: TMBG: Don't Let's Start and performances NON-TMBG: evil science jokes NON-TMBG: the continuing saga of tryptophan(e)... Re: TMBG: Don't Let's Start and performances Administrivia: If you wish to unsubscribe from this mailing send mail to tmbg-digest-request@tmbg.org for instructions on how to be automatically removed. --------------------------------------------------------------------- The views expressed herein are those of the individual authors. --------------------------------------------------------------------- tmbg-list is digested with Digest 3.3d (John Relph ). ---------------------------------------------------------------------- Message-ID: <0osv83e00blK18m9o0@andrew.cmu.edu> Date: Thu, 12 Feb 1998 21:37:55 -0500 (EST) From: Lawrence P Solomon Subject: Re: TMBG: stumpbox confirm... Excerpts from internet.music.tmbg: 12-Feb-98 TMBG: stumpbox confirm... by JOda: Master of Yedi@jun > i was listening to stumpbox 2 and was wondering if anyone could tell me > what show they sang 'yellow submarine' at... kurt hoffman is playing so > i'm gonna guess some time around '94? as far as I know, all the Stump the Band performances were between May, 1992 (when they became a full band) and mid-1993, when they switched to spin-the-dial, because that was somewhat random, while audiences kept asking for Smells like Teen Spirit and YMCA. presumably, there's a whole bootleg with that on it, that has yet to surface... either that or it has surfaced, and I've just never seen it on anyone's list. Lawrence Solomon http://www.contrib.andrew.cmu.edu/~lps/ lps@andrew.cmu.edu "Everything sticks until it goes away, * This space inadvertently And the truth is we don't know anything." -TMBG * left blank. ------------------------------ From: GoodOmenz@aol.com Message-ID: <6283774a.34e40c37@aol.com> Date: Fri, 13 Feb 1998 04:02:45 EST Subject: TMBG: Re: david byrne & dewan (everyone but tmbg) In a message dated 2/13/98 2:05:28 AM, you wrote: >hey someone tell me if i've been hallucinating again... but did i hear >somewhere that brian dewan designed one of david byrne's cd covers? naturally i feel obliged to jump in here- check the liner notes on Uh-Oh! it is none other than the talented brian who painted it from a david byrne sketch. "DOG... GOD. oh!!! i get it now!" -me i also got a scanner- coming soon: tmbg photo archives from the vaults and oh, i forget when from but i think yellow submarine on stumpbox II is from a soundcheck. could be wrong there. dewan's version is better ~~liz ------------------------------ Date: Fri, 13 Feb 1998 06:51:16 -0700 Subject: TMBG: feeny and radio stuff Message-ID: <19980213.065120.3686.5.TMBgirl@juno.com> From: tmbgirl@juno.com (JOda: Master of Yedi) hEY HEy! >DON'T as in Don't Lets Start! Has anyone ever realized > this before, or am I just slow? yeah, and did anyone notice that there;s a secret song on FS?!?! ::::: as far as hearing TMBG on the radio... you guys just have to plan it. around christmas time i requested "Santa's Beard" and "careless santa" a grip o' times and pretty soon they were playing 'em without my help. call up your radio station on monday and claim that since it's presidents day (that is monday isn't it?) that they have to play James K POlk.... another good time i've found to request 'em, is on any type of "retro show" that plays the quality stuff from the 70s and 80s (not the crappy hits...). on KTCL in denver there's the "all request retro show" where the dj, alf, will play somehting by TMBG in every show... (now that i've had my cheap plug for ktcl...) take it easy, JOrdaN http://www2.netcom.com/~arnot/joda/bootlegs.html ***February 21st : Swatch SNo-Core Tour!*** ***February 22nd : the Mr T Experience!!!*** _____________________________________________________________________ You don't need to buy Internet access to use free Internet e-mail. Get completely free e-mail from Juno at http://www.juno.com Or call Juno at (800) 654-JUNO [654-5866] ------------------------------ Message-ID: Date: Fri, 13 Feb 1998 10:13:15 -0500 (EST) From: Lawrence P Solomon Subject: TMBG: now all we need are the lyrics... Rest Awhile chords (or the closest approximation I could get for them) I'm pretty sure these are all right. Some may be weird augmented/dimished things, but it didn't sound that way... each chord is held for a full measure. a dash means hold it another... Intro: D Eb D - D G Em F# I got rid of my jackets and coats, I threw out all my pants B E Em A I got so sick of my stinkin' clothes, I had to get rid of them G - A A7 I'm not yet considering replacing them, I've only got delusions, and |: D Eb :| Rest awhile Rest awhile verse two has that nifty bass part that I haven't transcribed yet... the rest of the song is identical to the first third, though. the instrumental bridge is just the chords to the refrain played like... 6 times or something. and I still can't get all the words to the third verse, although now that I know what some of them are, it's a lot easier to hear them. :) I'll be posting the chords to First Kiss and Finished with Lies pretty soon, too - but there are a few parts that have me stumped. Lawrence Solomon http://www.contrib.andrew.cmu.edu/~lps/ lps@andrew.cmu.edu "Everything sticks until it goes away, * This space inadvertently And the truth is we don't know anything." -TMBG * left blank. ------------------------------ Date: Fri, 13 Feb 1998 10:31:55 -0500 (EST) Message-Id: <199802131531.KAA01450@ussenterprise.ufp.org> From: The Denominator Subject: TMBG: College Dj's Hey all, Yes, I am a college DJ... aka The Bastard... TMBG gets played about every 5th song or so on my show... so they get about 10 minutes of airtime each time i do a show... which isnow only once a week since im taking 18 hours and the radio station is totally volunteer... i try to play more obscure stuff... and every week at 6p.m. i have my live giants track of the week... most have been from the Irving Plaza cd, but i put some of my bootlegs on minidisc as well... along with a few of the state songs, etc. perhaps the most time they get though is my intro- every show opens with Hey Mr DJ in its entirety, so just that probably give our station a pretty high TMBG content... Ill let you all know when we're back on the net with realaudio so you can share the wealth! Seeyaz, The Denominator ------------------------------ Message-Id: <3.0.1.32.19980213082538.006a292c@pop.ben2.ucla.edu> Date: Fri, 13 Feb 1998 08:25:38 -0800 From: J Chen Subject: TMBG: Re: Non-tmbg: tryptophan and the other amino acids... Hey, is it Jim? >tryptophan is one of the 20 amino acids used to make proteins: > >1) tryptophan (abbreviated Trp or W), which is indeed the active > ingredient in thanksgiving-induced sleepiness... also warm milk, if i > remember correctly... Well, Jim, since you are now the resident amino acid expert (in addition to Greek mythology and other titles you've won that I can't think of right now), can I ask you a question? (I probably should've asked this privately, but I thought perhaps everyone would like to know :-) ) Is it supposed to be pronounced trypto-PHAIN (long "a") or trypto-PHANN (short "a")? (And why the hell did they name that Decepticon dinosaur Trypticon?) --LVJeff ==========================_______________________________________... . . . | from LVJeff | Kerim Bey: "But I am already in your debt." | friend to Lan's tigers | James Bond: "How can a friend be in debt?" | alecson@ucla.edu | ========================== - From Russia with Love ------------------------------ From: KdsInThHal@aol.com Message-ID: <476385b2.34e47643@aol.com> Date: Fri, 13 Feb 1998 11:35:13 EST Subject: TMBG: miscellaneous replies... *yawn* In a message dated 2/13/98 2:05:28 AM, you wrote: >Well, I do and don't believe John F. (or the stupid person that is not him). I >want to believe him, but there is still a part of me that can't. So for all you >people who say I (feeny) believe him (John) are right and wrong at the same time >: -0. He/She/It has e-mailed me a number of times, Okay, but i don't buy it.. you're still referring to 'him' as 'John'. >I have heard John F. talking >before and he has used the same "slang". oh MY god.. Yeah, and so do a lot of people. Look, I could impersonate Flans right now if I wanted to, and you'd probably buy that too. You can't be this gullible in life. Jeez, how many scams have you fallen for.. I wonder.. >I was listing to Don' t LS and I realized something: >D, world destruction. Over and overture. N, do I need apostrophe'? T, need this >torture? > >DON'T as in Don't Lets Start! Has anyone ever realized this before, or am I >just slow? Oh my god, first it's "there's a secret track!" then it's "hey! they put out a cd every other year!" (which, btw, MOST BANDS DO) now it's "wow they're spelling 'don't'!" what's next... I can see it all now..: "HEY! I was just watching the Discovery Channel, and they had something about the Apollo missions! Wow could this be where TMBG got the name for Apollo 18 from?!" or.. "HEY! I was in english class and our teacher was reading a poem that had the same words as 'I Should Be Allowed to Think'! Is this a coincidence?!" I don't know why I even bother..oh yeah. this is why!: re: HoM. i love hall/house of mayors. 'specially the last song I think (the title track) re: the Guitar mix. I like - er - liked them (the tape I had it copied on got eaten in the car, grr).. What can I say, I love ravey tech stuff. In fact I have some playing right now.. sarah http://lava.home.ml.org ------------------------------ Message-ID: <34E49683.9B7C9FEC@geocities.com> Date: Fri, 13 Feb 1998 13:52:51 -0500 From: David Rueth Organization: Geocities (http://www.geocities.com) Subject: TMBG: Don't Let's Start and performances > I was listing to Don' t LS and I realized something: > D, world destruction. Over and overture. N, do I need apostrophe'? T, need this > torture? > > DON'T as in Don't Lets Start! Has anyone ever realized this before, or am I > just slow? Hey yeah! And did anyone notice that 'TMBG' from the subject headers happens to be the same 4 letters that start They Might Be Giants? I believe "slow" gets my vote. Since my last thread about first impressions seemed to get a decent response, I'll try another one: TMBG performances. Lots of people have talked about DJ's giving TMBG some airplay, but I was curious as to anyone actually performing their songs in some form. I know we have plenty of musicians/guitarists/accordian players on here. My own lame story: 3 friends of mine and I lip-synched TMBG for our after-prom (almost 5 LOOONG years ago) and won first prize (like $20 or so). We made a tape from parts of "Spider", "Don't Let's Start", "Ana Ng", "Rhythm Section Want Ad", "C'mon and Wreck My Car (Fingertips)", and "For Science". I still laugh about it to this day. DAVE -- Visit my feeble attempt at a home page! http://www.geocities.com/Colosseum/Stadium/4818/ ------------------------------ From: "Drunken Bird" Organization: Columbus State Univ., Columbus, Ga. Date: Fri, 13 Feb 1998 14:36:55 EST Subject: (Fwd) Re: TMBG: FAQ for the thinking impired (AKA, Internet FA Message-ID: <14D8E393FBC@colstate.edu> Forwarded message: From: Self To: KdsInThHal@aol.com Subject: Re: TMBG: FAQ for the thinking impired (AKA, Internet FAQ) Date: Fri, 13 Feb 1998 14:36:03 EST > "HEY! I was just watching the Discovery Channel, and they had something about > the Apollo missions! Wow could this be where TMBG got the name for Apollo 18 > from?!" REALLY!!?? Somebody should add that to the FAQ. That is so obscure that I don't think hardy anybody released it:-) I can see it now: .... ... Wait.. no I can't.. I have to learn how to use search engines and maybe some of that "web" stuff.. Na.. I know how to send email already, I think I'll just email a few hundred people until they tell me or until my System Administer complains about the number of people emailing me. Ha, he is just jealous that he don't get that many emails. - This tangent was brought to you from the mind of the Drunken Bird. - Drunken Bird (IRC: WrymEnigma) "Music self-played, is happiness self-made" They Might Be Giants ------------------------------ From: Happyfroot@aol.com Message-ID: <96aab227.34e4a20e@aol.com> Date: Fri, 13 Feb 1998 14:42:03 EST Subject: TMBG: For us all Boston listeners >>i'm sure most commercial stations don't go beyond istanbul and particle man... For all of us in Boston, we've got 101.7 WFNX! The Statue Got Me High, SEXXY, DLS, Ana Ng, & more....& it's not a college station! : ) WOOHOO! Us people near Boston are lucky! jason "capt. profanity" glastetter ------------------------------ Date: Fri, 13 Feb 1998 13:16:13 -0700 (MST) From: J Kuemmerle Subject: TMBG: Re: Non-tmbg: tryptophan and the other amino acids... Message-ID: On Fri, 13 Feb 1998, J Chen wrote: > Well, Jim, since you are now the resident amino acid expert (in addition > to Greek mythology and other titles you've won that I can't think of > right now), :) i can't claim credit for that one -- i merely drew the connection from the greek mythology discussion to 'nightgown'. > can I ask you a question? (I probably should've asked this > privately, but I thought perhaps everyone would like to know :-) ) > > Is it supposed to be pronounced > trypto-PHAIN (long "a") > or > trypto-PHANN (short "a")? most of the time, i've heard it pronounced TRYP-tophain, with the long A and the accent on the first syllable. but occasionally, you'll hear the short A. i've never actually heard the song itself, so i'm not sure how flans pronounces it. > (And why the hell did they name that Decepticon dinosaur Trypticon?) that i don't know, but if you visit http://www.cyberspace.org/~suz/fanfic/tryptsn.txt you'll see that somebody else noticed the same connection... :) ... on the other hand, now that i think about it some more, i'm not as sure that good ol' Trp/W itself is the active ingredient. the song lyrics spell it with an extra E at the end, and chemical nomenclature is such that tryptophanE could be quite different from tryptophan_... --jim kuemmerle, who's going to look into this a bit further and will report back later. j.kuemmerle@m.cc.utah.edu http://www.geocities.com/soho/gallery/4668/ ------------------------------ From: nmoos1@rachel.chatham.edu Date: Fri, 13 Feb 1998 15:20:21 -0500 (EST) Subject: TMBG: performances Message-id: <01ITJ9PPZXFMD91S2Y@ritvax.isc.rit.edu> Not a year ago, before I left home for college, I played bass and sang in a ska/punk/reggae/surf band with a decidedly geeky tilt. The name of the band was "SPLUNGE" (anyone with a good background in Monty Python will pick up on the origin of that name), and we did really silly stuff during our shows. For instance, we used a sampler during some of our songs, particularly for surf and reggae, and we'd patch in clips of our greatest influences: Half Pint, KRS-1, Dee-lite, XTC, Thomas Dolby, the Sex Pistols, and TMBG (you knew it was in there somewhere, right?). We'd also have a Word of the Day that we wouldn't tell anyone about, and when one of us heard the word that we picked (it was usually something stupid but popular, like "Beanie Baby", "Puff Daddy", etc), our drummer would become narcoleptic. Anyway, one night we played our set, and we were about to take down our equipment, but then suddenly somebody said that the next band was going to be like 45 minutes late, so we could hang around on stage and do whatever we wanted. So, with an evil grin in our eyes, we announced to the crowd, "We're going to play a game called Stump the Band." [lots of confused cheering, somebody called out something like "none of you are named John" or something]. I said, "We're only going to accept requests for They Might Be Giants Songs." Well that sufficiently weirded people out, but we were playing at the sort of venue that attracts lots of persons of a strange and/or geeky persuasion, so we actually did pretty well with requests. Obviously, the first thing that got requested was "Birdhouse", which we refused to play until later. I think we did most of the singles, like Ana Ng, Snail Shell, etc, plus some of the weirder stuff like Exquisite Dead Guy... at one point, our lead guitarist (usually the instigator of exceedingly silly antics) demanded that we do Actual Size, and it was a complete disaster (it was funny though) because for one thing the drums in that song are all wacko and our drummer was getting pretty fed up by that time, and for another thing, I was the only person who could really sing, and I'm more of a second soprano, whereas John Flansburgh is more of a .... *not* second soprano. (imagine that.) Well I must say, a zany time was had by all. I need to start a new band here in Pittsburgh so I can do those sorts of funny things again. the memories. --pnaomi, who now returns you to your *regularly* scheduled abnormality. ------------------------------ Message-ID: <19980213203620.6320.rocketmail@send1c.yahoomail.com> Date: Fri, 13 Feb 1998 12:36:20 -0800 (PST) From: Amanda Nichols Subject: Re: TMBG: For us all Boston listeners > >>i'm sure most commercial stations don't go beyond istanbul and particle > man... > > For all of us in Boston, we've got 101.7 WFNX! The Statue Got Me High, SEXXY, > DLS, Ana Ng, & more....& it's not a college station! : ) WOOHOO! Us people > near Boston are lucky! Yeah, FNX is the closest thing to commerical college radio as it gets in Boston. They're also the ones who sponsor the Hatch Shell show every year--so it's not coincidental that TMBG plays that gig almost all of the time. Yet another reason why Boston Rocks. :) Amanda (Some would call her the blue haired girl) == "Crap. I melted." -Abs, the Abdominal Snowman _________________________________________________________ DO YOU YAHOO!? Get your free @yahoo.com address at http://mail.yahoo.com ------------------------------ From: WeirdGiant@aol.com Message-ID: <5b2fb24a.34e4aee0@aol.com> Date: Fri, 13 Feb 1998 15:36:46 EST Subject: Re: TMBG: Don't Let's Start and performances Hey, About performing some TMBG: some friends and I are going to play Istanbul as well as a combination of Particle Man and Turn Around at a talent show. Should be pretty sweet. ------------------------------ Message-ID: <34E20CA4.946CC7DF@mix-net.net> Date: Wed, 11 Feb 1998 16:40:07 -0400 From: CCampbell Subject: Re: TMBG: Re: Non-tmbg: tryptophan and the other amino acids... I'll answer your ?, > Is it supposed to be pronounced > trypto-PHAIN (long "a") > or > trypto-PHANN (short "a")? trypto-phain (long "a") I'm listing to my mono puff single right now, so glad to help. I think www.tmbg.com/sound/dial has the song in .wav format Is that the right address for the D-A-S songs? -Chris "Feeny" Campbell ------------------------------ Message-ID: <34E4B7A1.6CAE59A9@mix-net.net> Date: Wed, 11 Feb 1998 17:14:14 -0400 From: CCampbell Subject: TMBG: Misc TMBG I have a few thing to ask and tell you, I just updated my system clock (agian) so check your mail-box for new (not this one) messages from me that appear to be a few days old. Buy a Sony PMC-202 personal compnent system. It has the best sound I've ever heard from a small stereo (even though it has made me def! size can't fool you here, say what?. I can hear stuff in songs I never knew were there! ???Has anyone seen the Guitar singal? If u have E-mail me and I'll mail you the $$ to pick it up and mail it to me?, THANK YOU!!! ???I also want bootlegs, but I don't have much to trade, so if you want new tapes or $$ in trade, please copy some (bootlegs) for me. Do a good deed for a long time TMBG fan. Thank You Agian Russ Joshephson, the Video bootlegs are AWSOME!!!!! :-) I was on the list a few years ago, then we lost internet and just got it back, and someone suggested that when MTV or someone has a request thing-a-ma-bobber, we could all vote for a tmbg song! good idea!?!? Damn, I have lots more ?? to ask but I forgot, well thank you for taking the time to read this stuff -llebpmaC "yneeF" sirhC -Chris "Feeny" Campbell P.S. My TMBG page has moved to a smaller, faster, ad free server. I have improved upon it somewhat. Http://www.mix-net.net/~ccampbell I don't think I have all the graphics working yet, but check it out anyway! [Attachment omitted, unknown MIME type or encoding (text/html)] ------------------------------ Message-ID: Date: Fri, 13 Feb 1998 17:57:08 -0500 (EST) From: Lawrence P Solomon Subject: Re: TMBG: now all we need are the lyrics... Excerpts from internet.music.tmbg: 13-Feb-98 TMBG: now all we need are t.. by Lawrence P Solomon@andre > verse two has that nifty bass part that I haven't transcribed yet... the > rest of the song is identical to the first third, though. the > instrumental bridge is just the chords to the refrain played like... 6 > times or something. oops. no it's not. after two rounds of D and Eb, it shifts to G and Ab for the other four of the instrumental, but that's the only part of the song where that happens. Lawrence Solomon http://www.contrib.andrew.cmu.edu/~lps/ lps@andrew.cmu.edu "Everything sticks until it goes away, * This space inadvertently And the truth is we don't know anything." -TMBG * left blank. ------------------------------ Message-ID: Date: Fri, 13 Feb 1998 18:00:49 -0500 (EST) From: Lawrence P Solomon Subject: Re: TMBG: Don't Let's Start and performances Excerpts from internet.music.tmbg: 13-Feb-98 TMBG: Don't Let's Start an.. by David Rueth@geocities.co > airplay, but I was curious as to anyone actually performing their songs in som > e form. I yup. I've done some simple stuff, and some more complicated stuff... all with accordion, but sometimes with tape/MIDI backup and sometimes not. I've done: Particle Man Particle Man at CD-skip speed (twice) Whistling in the Dark Birdhouse in Your Soul (twice) The Statue Got Me High The End of the Tour Rhythm Section Want Ad Letterbox Ana Ng New York City it's a lot of fun, especially when I play Particle Man in under 30 seconds. :) Lawrence Solomon http://www.contrib.andrew.cmu.edu/~lps/ lps@andrew.cmu.edu "Everything sticks until it goes away, * This space inadvertently And the truth is we don't know anything." -TMBG * left blank. ------------------------------ Message-Id: <3.0.32.19980213152433.00685d0c@mailbox.ucdavis.edu> Date: Fri, 13 Feb 1998 15:24:38 -0800 From: Nicole the Wonder Nerd Subject: NON-TMBG: evil science jokes >11) leucine (Leu, L) too bad it was glycine they found in space, because > if it was leucine, they could hypothesize that leucine fell to earth > as part of an meteorite of crystallized carbon and 'seeded' the > primordial soup -- the 'leucine in the sky with diamonds' > hypothesis... Aieee! Bio jokes! One more like that, pal, and I'm pulling out the vector calculus jokes! And then the CS jokes! And then the physics jokes! You will beg for mercy! So think twice before posting bio jokes to the list, eh? :) --nicole the wonder nerd *** "Once I was the King Of Spain, and now I work at the Pizza Pizza."--Moxy Fruvous Visit Nicolopolis! http://wwwcsif.cs.ucdavis.edu/~carlsonn Public PGP key at http://wwwcsif.cs.ucdavis.edu/~carlsonn/key.html ncarlson@mail.arc.nasa.gov nmcarlson@ucdavis.edu ana.ng@tmbg.org ------------------------------ Date: Fri, 13 Feb 1998 17:20:50 -0700 (MST) From: J Kuemmerle Subject: NON-TMBG: the continuing saga of tryptophan(e)... Message-ID: aha!! it would seem that they are, in fact, ONE and THE SAME... much like sulfur / sulphur, color / colour, etc., etc., it would seem that the americans (at least most of the time) spell it tryptophan, while the british (and those who speak british english) spell it tryptophane? my methods were as follows: i looked in the sigma and aldrich catalogs (U.S.-based) for 'tryptophane' or anything containing the letters 'tryptophane'. zilch. i tried a medline search (for those of you unfamiliar with it, medline is an extra-spiffy search engine for medical and basic science research) on 'tryptophane', and it pulled up 396 articles, published by groups in japan, sweden, israel, switzerland, and the like. i was about to try to make it an absolute statement, but then i encountered an article from a group in philadelphia. would anybody else on the list be able to confirm or contradict this hypothesis? --jim kuemmerle, who thought the phrase 'confirm or deny' sounded a bit too grand-jury-ish... j.kuemmerle@m.cc.utah.edu http://www.geocities.com/soho/gallery/4668/ ------------------------------ From: Shaft137@aol.com Message-ID: <84b26b15.34e4e48c@aol.com> Date: Fri, 13 Feb 1998 19:25:46 EST Subject: Re: TMBG: Don't Let's Start and performances hi. my wonderful group of noise-making misfits known as John Travolta's Midnight Blues often does TMBG covers. there's usually one per set that we'll play for a month or so, then we'll get tired of it and switch. right now, we're currently doing SenSurround. we've gone through WDTSS?, a swing Kiss Me, Son Of God, NyQuil Driver and Dig My Grave. If I ever get around actually to doing our website, I will post some of our covers for all to share. adam schaaf, who just wants to let you know we have demos for sale and is not at all ashamed of this self-promotion. ------------------------------ End of tmbg-list Digest #3-409 ******************************