Errors-To: owner-tmbg-digest@tmbg.org Reply-To: tmbg-digest@tmbg.org Sender: owner-tmbg-digest@tmbg.org Precedence: bulk From: owner-tmbg-digest@tmbg.org To: tmbg-digest@tmbg.org Subject: tmbg-list Digest #3-410 tmbg-list Digest, Volume 3, Number 410 Sunday, 15 February 1998 Today's Topics: Re: TMBG: Re: Non-tmbg: tryptophan and the other amino acids... TMBG: Free anagrams Very-TMBG:NEW CD! TMBG: STB | tryptophan | radio stuff Administrivia: If you wish to unsubscribe from this mailing send mail to tmbg-digest-request@tmbg.org for instructions on how to be automatically removed. --------------------------------------------------------------------- The views expressed herein are those of the individual authors. --------------------------------------------------------------------- tmbg-list is digested with Digest 3.3d (John Relph ). ---------------------------------------------------------------------- Message-Id: <1.5.4.32.19980214075337.006711f4@Cybnetonline.com> Date: Sat, 14 Feb 1998 01:53:37 -0600 From: "The Lil' Depressed Boy" Subject: Re: TMBG: Re: Non-tmbg: tryptophan and the other amino acids... >> Is it supposed to be pronounced >> trypto-PHAIN (long "a") >> or >> trypto-PHANN (short "a")? > >most of the time, i've heard it pronounced TRYP-tophain, with the long A >and the accent on the first syllable. but occasionally, you'll hear the >short A. i've never actually heard the song itself, so i'm not sure how >flans pronounces it. Check my page, it's on there! Flansie prononces it Phain style... LDB, all hopped up on Tryptophan.... -- (this site cuts the amount of URL's I put in my Sig) My Web Page Index: http://www.cybnetonline.com/users/njack/ TMBG | D.U.M.B. NEWS | Mr. Gone Font ------------------------------ Date: Sat, 14 Feb 1998 13:43:47 -0700 Subject: TMBG: Free anagrams Message-ID: <19980214.134351.3502.0.TMBgirl@juno.com> From: tmbgirl@juno.com (Joda: Master of Yedi) hEY HEy! there's a new contest over at tmbg.com for anagrams of things other than they might be giants... so, i found a few anagrams and sent them in only to be told that you can only send three in and thus, i would not be linked... so, my goal is to have all of you guys linked instead... so basically this is a free for all... pick your favorite three and send 'em to anagram@tmbg.com... get linked and feel cool... since i can't :( oh yeah, if there's three stars by it (***), i already gave that one to my friends and thus you prolly won't want to use them... if you're nice you may want to let the list know which three you picked so they don't pick the same three... and if you're really nice i don't mind getting 'thank you' e-mails :) (j/k!) being a digester... i'm apologizing now to everyone on the digest... i'm sure there will be some left tho by tomorrow morning... :) take it easy, JOrdaN http://www2.netcom.com/~arnot/joda/bootlegs.html ***2/21 Swatch Sno-Core Tour!*** ***2/22 the Mr. T Experience!*** ***3/4 Lincoln!!!*** --------- Begin forwarded message ---------- From: TMBgirl@juno.com To: anagram@tmbg.com Subject: wish you had this much free time? Date: Fri, 13 Feb 1998 19:02:04 -0700 Message-ID: <19980213.190208.20390.0.TMBgirl@juno.com> giants members past and present... JOHN FLANSBURGH : ***BRASH FLUNG JOHN ROLF CONANT : ***TORN FALCON -FRONTAL CON JOHN SIDNEY LINNELL : -JEDI INN NYLON SHELL ***JENNY HID LION SNELL HAL CRAGIN : -CARL, HANG I -CLANG HAIR -A RICH LANG DAN HICKEY : -CANDY HIKE -DAN, ICKY HE -AH ICKY END -AH ICKY DEN GRAHAM MABY : -ABRAHAM GYM -ARMY HAM BAG BRIAN DOHERTY : ***TRY BAD HEROIN -RHINO, TRY A BED -A BED HORN I TRY -OH TRY A INBRED -A THORNY BRIDE -A HYBRID TENOR -TERRY, BIND A HO -I BE A DRY NORTH -BE IT A DRY HORN -BITE A DRY HORN -DRY A THIN ROBE -HE TRY IRON BAD -BAN DIRTY HERO -RID HER BOTANY -HORNY BAR DIET TONY MAIMONE : ***I AM ON MY NOTE -NO, A TINY MEMO -YO MOM IN A NET -I'M NO NAME TOY -MY ONION MEAT -MATE MY ONION -IN MY MOON TEA -I AM NOT YO MEN -I AM NOT MONEY -INTO MA MONEY -ME INTO YO MAN -MANY EMOTION -MY NEON ATOM, I -I'M AN OMEN TOY -ME, I AM NO TONY RANDY ANDOS : -SONY RAN ADD -ADD YARN, SON -DANDY ARSON KURT HOFFMAN : -HOT FUNK FARM -FAT FORM HUNK -MATH FOR FUNK JIM O'CONNOR : -NO MICRO JON -CROON JIM ON DAN LEVINE : -LIVEN A DEN -EVEN I LAND not band members, but close enough... JAMIE KITMAN : -MAKE A TIN, JIM -JIM ATE A MINK -JIMMIE, A TANK -MAINE JAM KIT -MAKE JIM AN IT -MAN, I TAKE JIM ***MINI JAM TAKE BILL KRAUSS : -ASK SIR BULL -A BLISS LURK albums... LINCOLN : -ILL CONN APOLLO EIGHTEEN : -ILL HOG ON A TEPEE -HELLO A POT GENIE -HELLO A TOP GENIE -GENIE, A HELP TOOL -TO A EGO HELP LINE FLOOD : -OLD OF JOHN HENRY : -HER JOHNNY FACTORY SHOWROOM : ***OH SO WRY A COMFORT -A CHOW FOR MY ROOST -OR A FROTHY MOSCOW -A COORS OF MY WORTH -A ROOF SHOT MY CROW -FOR A COSY, HOT WORM -SHORT MOO, FRY A COW other generally cool giants related stuff... DIAL-A-SONG: -DIAGONAL S -DO A SIGNAL -SOLD AGAIN -GO IN SALAD -SLAIN A DOG -A DOG SNAIL ***GOD IS ANAL -A IDOL SANG -LAID GAS ON THE STICK: -HICK TEST ***SKETCH IT -THICK SET -CHEST KIT --------- End forwarded message ---------- ::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::: NOW VISIT MY PAGE!!! http://www2.netcom.com/~arnot/joda/bootlegs.html :::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::: _____________________________________________________________________ You don't need to buy Internet access to use free Internet e-mail. Get completely free e-mail from Juno at http://www.juno.com Or call Juno at (800) 654-JUNO [654-5866] ------------------------------ From: DrWormX@aol.com Message-ID: <75487287.34e6406d@aol.com> Date: Sat, 14 Feb 1998 20:10:03 EST Subject: Very-TMBG:NEW CD! now that I have your attention, does anyone know where I can get some decent TMBG guitar tabs? By the way, I'm sorry if I got your hopes up, but there is a new live album coming out this summer, if that's any conselation. Matt Turn around, turn around, there's a human skull on the ground You're so 1990, and it's 1994 A bad-ass mother G.I.Joe, for your little mind to blow http://members.tripod.com/~drworm ------------------------------ Date: Sat, 14 Feb 1998 09:38:55 -0700 Subject: TMBG: STB | tryptophan | radio stuff Message-ID: <19980214.094145.9342.3.TMBgirl@juno.com> From: tmbgirl@juno.com (JOda: Master of Yedi) hEY HEy! >as far as I know, all the Stump the Band performances were > between May, 1992 (when they became a full band) and >mid-1993 they still play STB, just more randomly... they played stump the band at a show in denver... 1/2/97. it;s just not a part of every show like it used to be back then... they still tend to try it at most of their instore appearances too.... >presumably, there's a whole bootleg with that on it, that has yet to >surface... either that or it has surfaced, and I've just never seen it >on anyone's list. yeah, i heard that too... meanwhile, i'll just stick with good ol' stumpbox one and two... >trypto-phain (long "a") >I'm listing to my mono puff single right now, so glad to help. >I think www.tmbg.com/sound/dial has the song in .wav format >Is that the right address for the D-A-S songs? buddy... that's not what we're talking about... my bio prof. always pronounced tryptophan with a short a... flans' version is tryptophane... i'm not sure we're even talking about the same thing (tryptophan and tryptophane) but, tryptophane, does indeed, have a long a sound in the song :) i think it may be like the whole haemoglobin thing, where the british spell it differently.... oh yeah, one more thing about gettign TMBG songs air-time... make up stuff, dj's love to have an excuse to play stuff..... tell them that february is space-awareness month and that they should play destination moon, see the constellation, or something off of apollo 18... call them up and tell them your car broke down and that you reeeally want to hear thermostat, aka driver, dirt bike, or why must i be sad?... right before tim mcveigh got sentenced i requested 'dig my grave' (i dunno, that was a big deal here since the trial was in my lil home town of denver) pretty soon they were playing that song at least once every hour... tell them that you think someone's been stalking you and request spy, where your eyes don't go, or turn around... when a dj claimed her dog ran away i requested youth culture killed my dog... she thot it was funny and played it... if it's raining or snowing request when it rains it snows... if there's a full moon, request nightgown of the sullen moon. okay i'm gonna stop there.... take it easy, JOrdaN http://www2.netcom.com/~arnot/joda/bootlegs.html ***February 21st : Aquabats | Primus | Blink 182 | LB Dub All Stars!!*** ***February 22nd : the Mr. T Experience!!*** ***March 4th : LINCOLN!!!*** _____________________________________________________________________ You don't need to buy Internet access to use free Internet e-mail. Get completely free e-mail from Juno at http://www.juno.com Or call Juno at (800) 654-JUNO [654-5866] ------------------------------ End of tmbg-list Digest #3-410 ******************************