Errors-To: owner-tmbg-digest@tmbg.org Reply-To: tmbg-digest@tmbg.org Sender: owner-tmbg-digest@tmbg.org Precedence: bulk From: owner-tmbg-digest@tmbg.org To: tmbg-digest@tmbg.org Subject: tmbg-list Digest #3-414 tmbg-list Digest, Volume 3, Number 414 Thursday, 19 February 1998 Today's Topics: TMBG: Merchandising, merchandising! Re: TMBG: Merchandising, merchandising! TMBG: record #s | misc. T Re: TMBG: Merchandising, merchandising! Re: TMBG: Merchandising, merchandising Re: TMBG: Merchandising, merchandising Re: TMBG: Merchandising, merchandising! TMBG: He's Baaaaaack! (so?) Re: TMBG: He's Baaaaaack! (so?) Re: TMBG: He's Baaaaaack! (so?) TMBG: Re: tmbg-severe tire damage Administrivia: If you wish to unsubscribe from this mailing send mail to tmbg-digest-request@tmbg.org for instructions on how to be automatically removed. --------------------------------------------------------------------- The views expressed herein are those of the individual authors. --------------------------------------------------------------------- tmbg-list is digested with Digest 3.3d (John Relph ). ---------------------------------------------------------------------- Date: Wed, 18 Feb 1998 02:01:03 -0600 (GMT-0600) From: Amy Greenlese Subject: TMBG: Merchandising, merchandising! Message-ID: Well, a mere 2 months after my TMBG holiday order was sent in, I received my stuff! And I even got 3 of the 4 things I ordered - the Misc. T style bumper sticker (I had one but the bumper that it was stuck on was torn off of the car) and the two Linnell CDs. I've heard State Songs before, but of course the CD quality can't be beat! And as for Hall of Mayors...I love everything about it. I really heard a lot of the younger days of TMBG in all of the songs. I especially like the 7th song, the third processional. The only thing I didn't get was the "Music self-played is happiness self-made" T-shirt, and I'm really disappointed that it was out of stock! What makes me wonder though is if they ever printed any of them....the first time I ever saw the shirt was in that last catalog, and a mere 3 months later they're already out? Did anyone get one? I think I'm going to use my credit to have them send me one when they print some more. Anyway, just thought I'd let you know that there is hope. Maybe John and John are helping everyone at TMBProductions package everything up and ship it out, who knows :) **************** Amy Greenlese :) Music Educator Extraordinare http://www2.onu.edu/~stu1336 How come when the cards are in your hand everyone else is playing chess? ------------------------------ From: ABJARI@aol.com Message-ID: <800f8c1c.34ea97be@aol.com> Date: Wed, 18 Feb 1998 03:11:39 EST Subject: Re: TMBG: Merchandising, merchandising! In a message dated 98-02-18 03:02:01 EST, amy@strangemud.org writes: << The only thing I didn't get was the "Music self-played is happiness self-made" T-shirt, and I'm really disappointed that it was out of stock! What makes me wonder though is if they ever printed any of them....the first time I ever saw the shirt was in that last catalog, and a mere 3 months later they're already out? Did anyone get one? >> yep. i saw many, many people wearing them at a concert in cincy in november. methinks they were selling them, there, though i'm not sure. sirjay ------------------------------ Date: Wed, 18 Feb 1998 06:14:11 -0700 Subject: TMBG: record #s | misc. T Message-ID: <19980218.061415.11190.0.TMBgirl@juno.com> From: tmbgirl@juno.com (Joda: Master of Yedi) >Flood went gold (more than 500,000 copies in the US). > Sales figures are generally not released to the public, >but the record industry does release figures on what >albums go gold, platinum (more than 1,000,000 copies) >and muilti-platinum (multiples of 1,000,000). at the beginning of the STD tour they claimed that flood had gone platinum... and Factory Showroom was the second best seller... >hm. is Their popularity waning at all? for one it seems >we're seeing quite a bit more flans than linnell, lately, >and not all having to do with They. i think that's just cuz flansburgh seems to always need something to do... if it's not TMBG, hello, or mono puff he's directing videos or showing up randomly at loser's lounges in NY... linnell on the other hand... take it easy, JOrdaN http://www2.netcom.com/~arnot/joda/bootlegs.html ***2/21 Sno-Core Tour | 2/22 MTX | 3/4 LIncoln!*** _____________________________________________________________________ You don't need to buy Internet access to use free Internet e-mail. Get completely free e-mail from Juno at http://www.juno.com Or call Juno at (800) 654-JUNO [654-5866] ------------------------------ From: Strawbos69@aol.com Message-ID: <423a3d6d.34eb2673@aol.com> Date: Wed, 18 Feb 1998 13:20:33 EST Subject: Re: TMBG: Merchandising, merchandising! In a message dated 98-02-18 03:02:01 EST, you write: << What makes me wonder though is if they ever printed any of them >> I had one, but they sent the wrong size, I returned it and haven't seen it since. That was 2 months ago! grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr.... ------------------------------ From: "Drunken Bird" Organization: Columbus State Univ., Columbus, Ga. Date: Wed, 18 Feb 1998 14:33:06 EST Subject: Re: TMBG: Merchandising, merchandising Message-ID: <1C582752337@colstate.edu> > Anyway, just thought I'd let you know that there is hope. Maybe John and > John are helping everyone at TMBProductions package everything up and ship > it out, who knows :) > I got my "Music self-played, is Happiness self-made" shirt, although it was originally intended for a friend, I forgot to indicate what shirt size, so they sent me a Medium. By the time I got home from my vacation (after Christmas) it was too late for me to give them out anyhow. I just got caught up hanging out with a fellow TMBG obsessed person, who doesn't have net access nor got into bootlegs. Let's just say the stereo would never go off if it wasn't for his GF getting tired after a couple of days:) Anyhow (excuse the above ramble), I got my stuff real quick, 3 weeks. I used my Credit Card. I did get one major disappointment.. I didn't get my Christmas hats. Anybody else? - Drunken Bird (IRC: WrymEnigma) "Music self-played, is happiness self-made" They Might Be Giants ------------------------------ Message-Id: <3.0.1.32.19980218164608.0068fc54@pop.indy.net> Date: Wed, 18 Feb 1998 16:46:08 -0500 From: rachel Subject: Re: TMBG: Merchandising, merchandising >Anyhow (excuse the above ramble), I got my stuff real quick, 3 weeks. >I used my Credit Card. I did get one major disappointment.. I didn't >get my Christmas hats. > >Anybody else? > >- >Drunken Bird (IRC: WrymEnigma) >"Music self-played, is happiness self-made" They Might Be Giants > > argh! i didn't get my x-mas hat either. what urks me the most is that i sent in my order the day after i got the catalog (mid november sometime) so as to insure i would get one. at the moment i'm being stubborn with my $12 credit hoping they will produce more. i really wanted one because i beleive thats the first time they've ever had ski hats. "ho, ho, ho, sad X-mas." lovies, rachel ------------------------------ Message-Id: Date: Wed, 18 Feb 98 18:29 EST From: kbrodbec@remcen.ehhs.cmich.edu (Kirsten Brodbeck) Subject: Re: TMBG: Merchandising, merchandising! >The only thing I didn't get was the "Music self-played is happiness >self-made" T-shirt, and I'm really disappointed that it was out of stock! >What makes me wonder though is if they ever printed any of them....the >first time I ever saw the shirt was in that last catalog, and a mere 3 >months later they're already out? Did anyone get one? They had 'em at the Alma show - my friend Angie bought one, but I opted for the STD photo shirt. Kirs -- ______________________________________________________________________________ "How can I believe in God when just last week I got my tongue caught in the roller of an electric typewriter?" - Woody Allen *kbrodbec@remcen.ehhs.cmich.edu*Kirsten Brodbeck*AKA Crow ------------------------------ Message-ID: <19980219000000.23018.qmail@hotmail.com> From: "Philbert Parka" Subject: TMBG: He's Baaaaaack! (so?) Date: Wed, 18 Feb 1998 16:00:00 PST Hey all. I'm pretty sure nobody cares, or remembers, bu a while back (last summer) I was a participant (although not a very frequent one) of this here mailing list, and, after gaining some free time due to my recent unemployment (quit my job at the QFC...I'm a free man now!) I'm prepared to join the ranks of unemployed teenagers and contribute uselessly to the world (i.e., this list). Hello, I am Philbert Parka (not my real name, thank God), and I am a Tmbg-a-holic. I am 16, and currently unemployed. Thank you for your time. Would you like some ham? Philby "What's your order? I can supersize that. Please bring your car around."--(Who else would this quote be from?) ______________________________________________________ Get Your Private, Free Email at http://www.hotmail.com ------------------------------ Message-ID: <34EBCF7C.18D7@geocities.com> Date: Wed, 18 Feb 1998 22:21:48 -0800 From: Nathan Mulac DeHoff Organization: The Intergalactic Cult of VoVat Subject: Re: TMBG: He's Baaaaaack! (so?) >Hey all. I'm pretty sure nobody cares, or remembers, bu a while back >(last summer) I was a participant (although not a very frequent one) of >this here mailing list, and, after gaining some free time due to my >recent unemployment (quit my job at the QFC...I'm a free man now!) Did you have to write anyone a good-bye note, that said the check's in the mail, and I'll see you in church, and don't you ever change? -- Another pointless message from: Nathan Mulac DeHoff vovat@geocities.com http://www.geocities.com/Area51/Corridor/5447/ "All I know could be defaced by the facts in the life of Chess Piece Face." ------------------------------ From: ABJARI@aol.com Message-ID: Date: Wed, 18 Feb 1998 21:32:54 EST Subject: Re: TMBG: He's Baaaaaack! (so?) In a message dated 98-02-18 21:30:45 EST, vovat@geocities.com writes: << Did you have to write anyone a good-bye note, that said the check's in the mail, and I'll see you in church, and don't you ever change? >> nah. he was too busy taking a bath down that beaten path. sirjay ------------------------------ Message-Id: <3.0.3.32.19980218220022.00686658@pop.kent.edu> Date: Wed, 18 Feb 1998 22:00:22 -0500 From: Dave Subject: TMBG: Re: tmbg-severe tire damage I was watching comedy Central a few days ago. It was a fake documentary of the making of a Bible-based movie. One of the guys on it was talking about music and mentioned "Severe Tire Damage." (As a band.) What's the story between this connection, and why did TMBG use this? bIG GaY DAVE ------------------------------ End of tmbg-list Digest #3-414 ******************************