Errors-To: owner-tmbg-digest@tmbg.org Reply-To: tmbg-digest@tmbg.org Sender: owner-tmbg-digest@tmbg.org Precedence: bulk From: owner-tmbg-digest@tmbg.org To: tmbg-digest@tmbg.org Subject: tmbg-list Digest #3-415 tmbg-list Digest, Volume 3, Number 415 Friday, 20 February 1998 Today's Topics: Re: TMBG: sales/etc Re: TMBG: Merchandising, merchandising! TMBG: I'm back (and someone please care) TMBG: Re: TMBG-severe tire damage Re: TMBG: I'm back (and someone please care) TMBG or NONTMBG: The Man who is bigger than the list... Non-TMBG: Attn. Fruvous Fans Administrivia: If you wish to unsubscribe from this mailing send mail to tmbg-digest-request@tmbg.org for instructions on how to be automatically removed. --------------------------------------------------------------------- The views expressed herein are those of the individual authors. --------------------------------------------------------------------- tmbg-list is digested with Digest 3.3d (John Relph ). ---------------------------------------------------------------------- Message-Id: <3.0.5.32.19980219004053.00845330@pop.teleport.com> Date: Thu, 19 Feb 1998 00:40:53 -0800 From: Kerry Biggs Subject: Re: TMBG: sales/etc >Subject: TMBG: record #s | misc. T >From: tmbgirl@juno.com (Joda: Master of Yedi) > >at the beginning of the STD tour they claimed that flood had gone >platinum... and Factory Showroom was the second best seller... Well, according to the RIAA web site which supposedly keeps track of things, Flood was still only gold as of about last November, but it could have since gone Platinum, I suppose. I think if I remember correctly it went Gold in '93, which I thought was kind of interesting. I'm not surprised about Factory Showroom- there were rumors it was already the second best selling album about last year at this time on the list. I doubt it's even close to Gold though, unfortunately. >>hm. is Their popularity waning at all? for one it seems >>we're seeing quite a bit more flans than linnell, lately, >>and not all having to do with They. > >i think that's just cuz flansburgh seems to always need something to >do... if it's not TMBG, hello, or mono puff he's directing videos or >showing up randomly at loser's lounges in NY... >linnell on the other hand... Well, Linnell has always been "known" as the introverted one. I suppose you could say the same about him, uh, not liking... TV show appearances, or something. Kerry http://www.teleport.com/~murmur/lrtmbg.htm ------------------------------ Message-ID: <34EC7E01.1162@qlink.queensu.ca> Date: Thu, 19 Feb 1998 10:46:25 -0800 From: Nathan Kozuskanich <4nk1@qlink.queensu.ca> Organization: Queen's University Subject: Re: TMBG: Merchandising, merchandising! Today is exactly two months since I sent in my order (intended to be a late, but not this late, present for my housemate and myself) and I am still empty handed. I bought a "music self played" shirt when I saw TMBG in November, and needless to say it is the envy of all. My housemate was extremely bitter that I did not purchase him one, but I figured that this was his punishment for being lame and not coming to the concert with me (who cares how much school work you have when TMBG comes to town?). Well, this old timer does seem to ramble on . . . . ------------------------------ Message-Id: <199802191607.IAA09282@geocities.com> From: "Joel Gedalius" Subject: TMBG: I'm back (and someone please care) Date: Thu, 19 Feb 1998 11:05:43 -0500 Like our friend Nathan, I just joined again last night (2/18). Last time I was herer was last June. I've missed a lot of stuff and a lot of people (email me if you remember me). Anyway some q's hopefully someone can answer for me: 1) What's up with Severe Tire Damage? When's it coming out? Is it official? What's on it? etc.. 2) Who is in the band now? It's been a while and I think I heard that Maby's gone??? Who's in and who's out? (not the closet) :) 3)Is this list moderated now(again) or what? 4) Anyother big TMBG gossip since June? 5) Why must I be sad? 6) What's this blue thing doing here? Joel "Is Mike "middle-name" Leffel Still Around?" Gedalius ^T^M^B^G^ http://jew.base.org/they/ http://jew.base.org/count.htm (I get paid for each visit here) Joel G (list memeber 10/96-6/97 & 2/98-?/??) ^T^M^B^G^ http://jew.base.org/they/ Joel G (list memeber 10/96-6/97 & 2/98-?/??) ------------------------------ Message-ID: <34EC85F7.77E9@sheridanc.on.ca> Date: Thu, 19 Feb 1998 11:20:23 -0800 From: Mike Wood Organization: Sheridan College Subject: TMBG: Re: TMBG-severe tire damage Dave wrote: > >I was watching comedy Central a few days ago. It was a fake documentary of >the making of a Bible-based movie. One of the guys on it was talking >about music and mentioned "Severe Tire Damage." (As a band.) >What's the story between this connection, and why did TMBG use this? Severe Tire Damage are a geek band from Palo Alto, CA. They were the first band ever to broadcast live music online. Their website is http://www.std.org I have no idea why TMBG appropriated the title. I hope they don't walk straight into some sort of legal mess because of it. Although I suppose it's still safer than naming the album "U2". Mike Wood ------------------------------ Message-Id: <3.0.3.32.19980219122207.0069fbe4@mail.clemson.edu> Date: Thu, 19 Feb 1998 12:22:07 -0500 From: Adam Tyner Subject: Re: TMBG: I'm back (and someone please care) At 11:05 AM 2/19/98 -0500, Joel Gedalius wrote: > >1) What's up with Severe Tire Damage? When's it coming out? Is it >official? What's on it? etc.. It's listed as "They Might Be Giants Live" at www.restless.com. No set release date yet, but it is coming out on Restless sometime in the future, apparently. >2) Who is in the band now? It's been a while and I think I heard that >Maby's gone??? Who's in and who's out? (not the closet) :) The Johns are in their usual roles, with Hal Cragin (of Mono Puff, among others) on bass & Dan Hickey on drums. >3)Is this list moderated now(again) or what? Unmoderated, although it goes back and forth. >Joel "Is Mike "middle-name" Leffel Still Around?" Gedalius Nope. :( TTYL, -Adam ------------------------------ Message-Id: <1.5.4.32.19980119222725.00684ac0@Cybnetonline.com> Date: Mon, 19 Jan 1998 16:27:25 -0600 From: "The Lil' Depressed Boy" Subject: TMBG or NONTMBG: The Man who is bigger than the list... >Joel "Is Mike "middle-name" Leffel Still Around?" Gedalius Because of complications in his hardrive The Leffelernator (Pertator) is no longer with us. The Lil' Depressed Boy -- (this site cuts the amount of URL's I put in my Sig) My Web Page Index: http://www.cybnetonline.com/users/njack/ TMBG | D.U.M.B. NEWS | Mr. Gone Font ------------------------------ Message-Id: <3.0.5.32.19980219214505.0085c390@pop.teleport.com> Date: Thu, 19 Feb 1998 21:45:05 -0800 From: Kerry Biggs Subject: Non-TMBG: Attn. Fruvous Fans I have a copy of the Moxy Fruvous self-titled indie cassette from 1992 that I really don't have any use for. I was wondering if anyone out there was interested in this, the actual cassette, not a copy, as I'm not really much of a Fruvous fan. Let me know in email (don't reply to the list) if you have something to offer. Thanks, Kerry ------------------------------ End of tmbg-list Digest #3-415 ******************************