Errors-To: owner-tmbg-digest@tmbg.org Reply-To: tmbg-digest@tmbg.org Sender: owner-tmbg-digest@tmbg.org Precedence: bulk From: owner-tmbg-digest@tmbg.org To: tmbg-digest@tmbg.org Subject: tmbg-list Digest #3-416 tmbg-list Digest, Volume 3, Number 416 Saturday, 21 February 1998 Today's Topics: TMBG: Re: TMBG-severe tire damage TMBG: Candy Butchers Tour Dates! TMBG: they might be giants TMBG: Concerts TMBG: TMBG Tour Dates! Re: TMBG: TMBG Tour Dates! Re: TMBG: TMBG Tour Dates! TMBG: tour dates Re: TMBG: tour dates Re: TMBG: tour dates Re: TMBG: tour dates TMBG: TMBTouring(Southeastern TMBGers Unite!) Re: TMBG: TMBTouring(Southeastern TMBGers Unite!) Administrivia: If you wish to unsubscribe from this mailing send mail to tmbg-digest-request@tmbg.org for instructions on how to be automatically removed. --------------------------------------------------------------------- The views expressed herein are those of the individual authors. --------------------------------------------------------------------- tmbg-list is digested with Digest 3.3d (John Relph ). ---------------------------------------------------------------------- Message-Id: <3.0.1.32.19980220081831.0069fd80@pop.ben2.ucla.edu> Date: Fri, 20 Feb 1998 08:18:31 -0800 From: J Chen Subject: TMBG: Re: TMBG-severe tire damage Mike Wood wrote: >Dave wrote: >> >>I was watching comedy Central a few days ago. It was a fake documentary of >>the making of a Bible-based movie. One of the guys on it was talking >>about music and mentioned "Severe Tire Damage." (As a band.) >>What's the story between this connection, and why did TMBG use this? > >Severe Tire Damage are a geek band from Palo Alto, CA. >They were the first band ever to broadcast live music online. >Their website is http://www.std.org > >I have no idea why TMBG appropriated the title. I hope they don't walk >straight into some sort of legal mess because of it. >Although I suppose it's still safer than naming the album "U2". I doubt any trouble would occur. The phrase "severe tire damage" is hardly unique, and anybody could of thought of using it as a name for something. (If anyone doesn't already know, "severe tire damage" is a warning posted at the exits of parking buildings, where a set of spikes can be safely driven over while exitting, but may cause damage while entering through the exit.) --LVJeff ==========================_______________________________________... . . . | from LVJeff | Kerim Bey: "But I am already in your debt." | friend to Lan's tigers | James Bond: "How can a friend be in debt?" | alecson@ucla.edu | ========================== - From Russia with Love ------------------------------ From: GaritRN@aol.com Message-ID: <1f1d3f5e.34edd6f2@aol.com> Date: Fri, 20 Feb 1998 14:18:08 EST Subject: TMBG: Candy Butchers Tour Dates! *****THE GRAVEL PIT****THE FIGGS****CANDY BUTCHERS**** *********VIVA '98 TOUR*********** FEBRUARY Thurs. 19 The Met Cafe Providence, RI 9:30pm 130 Union St. (401) 861-2142 all ages! Fri. 20 T.T. the Bear's Cambridge, MA 9:00pm 10 Brookline St. (617) 492-0082 18+ w/special guests The Sheila Divine Sat. 21 The Underground Hartford, CT 9:30pm 31 Webster St. (860)246-8001 all ages (located next to the Webster Theatre) Sun. 22 Bogie's Albany, NY 9:00pm 297 Ontario St. (518)482-4368 all ages more shows with all three bands next weekend...don't want to give toomuch info at once. ****************************************************************************** ** As always, you can order cds, t-shirts & vinyl via the website: www.qdivision.com If you would like a mail order catalog,featuring all of the stellar Q Division artists and their wares, send your snail mail address to: edv@qdivision.com, and we'll send you one. Also... If you would like to add someone or take yourself off this list...you could send that along too. ****************************************************************************** ** VIVA '98 love, tgp ------------------------------ From: "JEREMY L SKRENES" Date: Fri, 20 Feb 1998 15:11:37 CST Subject: TMBG: they might be giants Message-ID: <19D1918353F@athena.valpo.edu> what an obvious subject line. anyway, what i'm wondering is if anyone has chords to this song. there aren't any on olga or tmbg.org, and i don't want to take the hour or so i need to figure it out. thanks jeremu [] [] [] [] [] [] [] [] [] [] [] [] [] [] [] [] [] "Instead of creating new weapons of destruction, we ought to get some use out of the ones we already have." Deep Thoughts [] [] [] [] [] [] [] [] [] [] [] [] [] [] [] [] Experience the many media of Jeremy Skrenes! Email: jskrenes@athena.valpo.edu Snail: or p356jskrenes@exodus.valpo.edu 141 Wehrenberg Airwaves: Sunday nights, 12-2am 95.1, WVUR Valparaiso, IN 46383 ------------------------------ Date: Fri, 20 Feb 1998 19:11:56 -0500 (EST) From: Sean Stolon Subject: TMBG: Concerts Message-Id: Hey ther, Once again the John's are going to grace my crappy town with their presence: [INLINE] Mar 24, 1998 THEY MIGHT BE GIANTS HOUSE OF BLUES ORLANDO LAKE BUENA VISTA FL [INLINE] Mar 25, 1998 THEY MIGHT BE GIANTS JANNUS LANDING ST PETERSBURG FL .....So...I live in clearwater...so the show on the 25th is a definate...I might goto the one on the 24th as well..Depends on what's happening...So anybody that wants to go to either of these, or will be going to either...send me some mail (sstolon@intnet.net)...we'll put something together...Damn I used a lot o fperiods...ok..I'm gone.. ------------------------------ From: GaritRN@aol.com Message-ID: Date: Fri, 20 Feb 1998 21:01:29 EST Subject: TMBG: TMBG Tour Dates! Mar 24, 1998 THEY MIGHT BE GIANTS HOUSE OF BLUES ORLANDO LAKE BUENA VISTA FL Mar 25, 1998 THEY MIGHT BE GIANTS JANNUS LANDING ST PETERSBURG FL ------------------------------ From: PLurie1982@aol.com Message-ID: <4644cb9d.34ee3700@aol.com> Date: Fri, 20 Feb 1998 21:07:58 EST Subject: Re: TMBG: TMBG Tour Dates! Anybody know the next time they will be in The Connecticut Area? it would help me out alot ------------------------------ From: Spoonerism@aol.com Message-ID: Date: Fri, 20 Feb 1998 21:38:17 EST Subject: Re: TMBG: TMBG Tour Dates! Oh, I hope the come to CT soon, at an ALL AGES SHOW (Very Important). They were in Hartford a few months ago, but it was 21 and over only, which sucks for my 16 year old self. -Casey ------------------------------ Message-Id: <199802210300.WAA18075@uva.pcmail.virginia.edu> From: Greg Nicholson Date: Fri, 20 Feb 98 22:00:49 EST Subject: TMBG: tour dates Where are you guys getting these tour dates? I just checked www.tmbg.com and www.tmbg.org and couldn't find anything. Greg ------------------------------ From: BenMoobil@aol.com Message-ID: <96c656e4.34ee442d@aol.com> Date: Fri, 20 Feb 1998 22:04:11 EST Subject: Re: TMBG: tour dates In a message dated 2/20/98 9:02:53 PM Central Standard Time, gmn7y@uva.pcmail.virginia.edu writes: << tmbg-list@tmbg.org >> the tour dates are listed ar www.ticketmaster.com and only the 2 florida dates are listed The Ben ------------------------------ From: ABJARI@aol.com Message-ID: <4d5c5afa.34ee4515@aol.com> Date: Fri, 20 Feb 1998 22:08:03 EST Subject: Re: TMBG: tour dates In a message dated 98-02-20 22:06:43 EST, BenMoobil@aol.com writes: << the tour dates are listed ar www.ticketmaster.com and only the 2 florida dates are listed >> my grandparents live in st. pete. how unfortunate for me that i have no visit scheduled... ------------------------------ From: Strawbos69@aol.com Message-ID: <3b74454d.34ee68cd@aol.com> Date: Sat, 21 Feb 1998 00:40:26 EST Subject: Re: TMBG: tour dates I want to go to La Luna!!! oooo, what an excuse for a roadtrip!!!!!! Don't suppose that will happen right after FL though, *sigh* -Humid Air, not human hair "Ya know those Captain Morgan Spiced Rum ads...." ------------------------------ Date: Sat, 21 Feb 1998 00:49:43 -0500 Subject: TMBG: TMBTouring(Southeastern TMBGers Unite!) Message-ID: <19980221.004944.3406.0.jbparke@juno.com> From: jbparke@juno.com (Jeff Parker) I don't know if you guys missed this or if it was just added but, They are also playin at the House of Blues in Myrtle Beach, SC on March 21, 1998. Finally, a concert near ME!!!!!! I guess you can call 5 hours close, can't you? Anyway, WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!! That's it... ^v^ Jeffro v^v "Shit yeah it's cool" - Ben Folds Five _____________________________________________________________________ You don't need to buy Internet access to use free Internet e-mail. Get completely free e-mail from Juno at http://www.juno.com Or call Juno at (800) 654-JUNO [654-5866] ------------------------------ From: Shaft137@aol.com Message-ID: Date: Sat, 21 Feb 1998 01:13:40 EST Subject: Re: TMBG: TMBTouring(Southeastern TMBGers Unite!) hi. >They are also playin at the House of Blues in Myrtle Beach, SC on >March 21, 1998. Finally, a concert near ME!!!!!! I guess you can call >5 hours close, can't you? you know, i'd love to go, but the last time i was in south carolina, i got into a big wreck and crashed my bicycle. adam schaaf, sipping on a chilled cocktail and letting the money roll in. ------------------------------ End of tmbg-list Digest #3-416 ******************************