Errors-To: owner-tmbg-digest@tmbg.org Reply-To: tmbg-digest@tmbg.org Sender: owner-tmbg-digest@tmbg.org Precedence: bulk From: owner-tmbg-digest@tmbg.org To: tmbg-digest@tmbg.org Subject: tmbg-list Digest #3-418 tmbg-list Digest, Volume 3, Number 418 Monday, 23 February 1998 Today's Topics: TMBG: NM | tmbg.com | my encouters with JL's twin :) Re: TMBG: NM | tmbg.com | my encouters with JL's twin :) SemiTMBG: Maine TMBG: that muppets thing Re: TMBG: NM | tmbg.com | my encouters with JL's twin :) Re: NON TMBG: New Mexico, New Hamphire & Brazil... Re: SemiTMBG: Maine Re: SemiTMBG: Maine Re: SemiTMBG: Iowa Re: SemiTMBG: Maine Re: SemiTMBG: Iowa Re: TMBG: that muppets thing Re: SemiTMBG: Iowa Re: TMBG: that muppets thing Re: TMBG: that muppets thing Re: SemiTMBG: Iowa Re: TMBG: that muppets thing Re: SemiTMBG: Iowa Re: SemiTMBG: Iowa Semi-TMBG:Iowa semi-TMBG: Queens, NYC Re: TMBG: that muppets thing Re: TMBG: that muppets thing Re: SemiTMBG: Maine Re: SemiTMBG: Maine TMBG: President of the Union of TMBG fan NOMINATION Re: TMBG: President of the Union of TMBG fan NOMINATION Re: SemiTMBG: Maine Re: SemiTMBG: Maine SortaTMBG: Candy Butchers at TT's Re: TMBG: President of the Union of TMBG fan NOMINATION Re: SemiTMBG: Maine Re: SemiTMBG: Maine TMBG: ambassadors, : NOT VERY TMBG Re: TMBG: ambassadors, : NOT VERY TMBG Re: TMBG: ambassadors, : NOT VERY TMBG Non-TMBG: Damn everyone Re: TMBG: ambassadors, : NOT VERY TMBG TMBG: OREGON Re: SemiTMBG: South Carolina Administrivia: If you wish to unsubscribe from this mailing send mail to tmbg-digest-request@tmbg.org for instructions on how to be automatically removed. --------------------------------------------------------------------- The views expressed herein are those of the individual authors. --------------------------------------------------------------------- tmbg-list is digested with Digest 3.3d (John Relph ). ---------------------------------------------------------------------- Date: Sun, 22 Feb 1998 00:33:26 -0700 Subject: TMBG: NM | tmbg.com | my encouters with JL's twin :) Message-ID: <19980222.003340.14550.0.TMBgirl@juno.com> From: tmbgirl@juno.com (Joda: Master of Yedi) hEY HEY! >I'm just curious as to how many listies out there are in the God > Forsaken state of New Mexico. And, even worse, in Socorro i'm not in NM but i go to los alamos almost every summer... if TMBG goes there and nowhere else near me you'll see me at the show :) one of my buds is in sante fe right now... :) > so why are none of the dates listed on tmbg.com? >not that i expect anyone to know. there are detards running the site i just got back from the swatch sno-core tour and must say that it rocked... first things first: the aquabats are totally awesome live, if you ever have a chance to see 'em play live.. i'm already jealous. Long Beach Dub All Stars were pretty damn cool too... i immediately thought that once a bands lead singer dies the band dies too.... definately not true, sublime is still cool without bradley... even tho tonight was their last night on the tour if they come around... check 'em out :) Blink 182: what can i say another awesome ska band :) Primus blew the fatty but i wont go into that... now onto the TMBG related part... me and a couple of my friends were up front when i look to see who all is standing around me and i see this guy that looks exactly like john linnell... wow! (except for the fact that this guy is like 20 years younger than JL...) anyways, to make a reeally long story short i invited him to the MTX show tomorrow night (i spose it's now tonight but...) take it easy, JOrdaN http://www2.netcom.com/~arnot/joda/bootlegs.html ***the Mr T Experience : TONIGHT!*** ***march 4th : LINCOLN!!*** _____________________________________________________________________ You don't need to buy Internet access to use free Internet e-mail. Get completely free e-mail from Juno at http://www.juno.com Or call Juno at (800) 654-JUNO [654-5866] ------------------------------ From: ABJARI@aol.com Message-ID: Date: Sun, 22 Feb 1998 09:15:16 EST Subject: Re: TMBG: NM | tmbg.com | my encouters with JL's twin :) In a message dated 98-02-22 02:36:22 EST, tmbgirl@juno.com writes: << Blink 182: what can i say another awesome ska band :) >> eh? since when are blink 182 ska? :) i'd say they're closer to cutesy punk, but then again--i guess that's what ska is, nowadays. sirjay ------------------------------ Message-ID: <34F05334.A167B868@mix-net.net> Date: Sun, 22 Feb 1998 12:32:52 -0400 From: CCampbell Subject: SemiTMBG: Maine [Unknown MIME type or encoding (text/html), contents not processed] ------------------------------ Message-Id: <3.0.32.19980222101321.0070ec3c@mailbox.ucdavis.edu> Date: Sun, 22 Feb 1998 10:13:28 -0800 From: Nicole the Wonder Nerd Subject: TMBG: that muppets thing >i'd have to >run against you, having lived in roswell all of my non-collegiate life. Roswell? This explains a lot about you, Jim. :) Anyone catch that Sesame Street special on Friday? ("Elmopalooza"; had lots of pop bands singing Sesame Street songs) I thought it was cute, but, as usual when they have music-related things on TV, I didn't recognize any of the bands. Naturally I got to thinking... what if TMBG were on it? I have this wonderful mental image of Them doing "Rubber Duckie", with solo accordion backing (and a demented gleam in JL's eye), but that's just me. Anyone have any other thoughts? --nicole the wonder nerd announces her candidacy for TMBG Ambassador to Northern California, since she suspects she's the only listee here... *** "Do not kill yourself until you have tried integration by parts."--former calculus prof Visit Nicolopolis! http://wwwcsif.cs.ucdavis.edu/~carlsonn Public PGP key at http://wwwcsif.cs.ucdavis.edu/~carlsonn/key.html ncarlson@mail.arc.nasa.gov nmcarlson@ucdavis.edu ana.ng@tmbg.org ------------------------------ Message-Id: Date: Sun, 22 Feb 98 13:45 EST From: kbrodbec@remcen.ehhs.cmich.edu (Kirsten Brodbeck) Subject: Re: TMBG: NM | tmbg.com | my encouters with JL's twin :) >now onto the TMBG related part... me and a couple of my friends were up >front when i look to see who all is standing around me and i see this guy >that looks exactly like john linnell... wow! (except for the fact that >this guy is like 20 years younger than JL...) My friend Kristen claims that there's a guy in her sign language class who looks just like Linny, but refuses to introduce us. I think she's holding him in reserve in case she ever breaks up with her Finny. ;) Kirs -- ______________________________________________________________________________ "How can I believe in God when just last week I got my tongue caught in the roller of an electric typewriter?" - Woody Allen *kbrodbec@remcen.ehhs.cmich.edu*Kirsten Brodbeck*AKA Crow ------------------------------ From: Happyfroot@aol.com Message-ID: Date: Sun, 22 Feb 1998 13:45:06 EST Subject: Re: NON TMBG: New Mexico, New Hamphire & Brazil... << Nope...too late. I've already been voted into office. You can run against me next year though... >> Well, people could always find a way to impeach you. (Don't look at me for matters of impeachment, because I support the ambassador....I didn't vote for him, but someone did...) I suppose under this philosophy, I can declare myself TMBG ambassador to New Hampshire....out of all the people I do know in NH, I am the biggest TMBG fan & I don't think (I could be wrong) that there are any other New Hampshire people on this list....& that person from Brazil could be the TMBG ambassador for his /her whole country!!! Now there's a title to put on college applications! jason "capt. (soon to be ambassador) profanity" glastetter P.S. I think I shall always keep the title of capt, however, because capt. profanity sounds better than ambassador profanity.... Visit something online: http://www.poingly.com ------------------------------ From: Spoonerism@aol.com Message-ID: <58ecaac9.34f08339@aol.com> Date: Sun, 22 Feb 1998 14:57:43 EST Subject: Re: SemiTMBG: Maine Well, as long as we're considering nominations, then I'm announcing candidacy for TMBG Consul of Central Connecticut (Three C's just looks nicer). I have a running list of at least 20 converts, as well as the ability to play Them regularly in my place of working (where I made 2 converts yesterday. .. heheh) -Casey, Vote for me! ------------------------------ Message-ID: <34F079DF.750A3306@mix-net.net> Date: Sun, 22 Feb 1998 15:17:53 -0400 From: CCampbell Subject: Re: SemiTMBG: Maine I think that if a person would like to run for TMBG Ambassador for his/her state/country/province/other they sould just declare they are ambassador and anyone who wants to run for that state can just speak up and they can work it out between themselves instead of voting for lots 'o people if only 1 person is running! Sound good to me! So on that note, I am the TMBG Ambassador for Maine! and if anyone else wants to run for Maine, tell me or I will be ruler of all great things in the "Hell from above". Chris "Feeny" Campbell ------------------------------ Date: Sun, 22 Feb 1998 15:12:41 -0600 (CST) From: "Christopher M. Stangl" Subject: Re: SemiTMBG: Iowa Message-ID: Everyone in Iowa hates They Might Be Giants anyways. And They never come here (last time they did, Linnell was obviously sick, and having no fun, and the Flans had to tell a guy in the audience to "stop being a dick"). That said, I must be TMBG Ambassador of Love for the state. -Chris Stangl ------------------------------ From: ABJARI@aol.com Message-ID: <2325fde3.34f094b2@aol.com> Date: Sun, 22 Feb 1998 16:12:15 EST Subject: Re: SemiTMBG: Maine In a message dated 98-02-22 12:40:26 EST, ccampbell@mix-net.net writes: << TMBG is da best!!! VOTE FUR ME, AHHUCK!!! >> i think you need to lie down. :) sirjay ------------------------------ Date: Sun, 22 Feb 1998 15:21:26 -0600 (CST) From: rogers@AC.GRIN.EDU Subject: Re: SemiTMBG: Iowa Message-id: On Sun, 22 Feb 1998, Christopher M. Stangl wrote: > > > Everyone in Iowa hates They Might Be Giants anyways. Oh, I wouldn't say that. Half the campus here at Grinnell digs them. --Jamal, Co-Ambassador of Love for Iowa ------------------------------ From: Strawbos69@aol.com Message-ID: <365ea96f.34f0968f@aol.com> Date: Sun, 22 Feb 1998 16:20:13 EST Subject: Re: TMBG: that muppets thing In a message dated 98-02-22 13:18:27 EST, nmcarlson@ucdavis.edu writes: << what if TMBG were on it? I have this wonderful mental image of Them doing "Rubber Duckie", with solo accordion backing (and a demented gleam in JL's eye), but that's just me. Anyone have any other thoughts? >> I have this childhood memory of The Muppet Show and a skit on Istanbul (not Contsantinobul). A butch of Muppets appropriately dressed, dancing around singing this song. Is it just me, or did they do that. I mean, this was loooooooong before TMBG (1970's), but why do I remember this? Or, have I just gone completely insane, and don't realize it yet? *sigh* "Please explain the expression on your face" ------------------------------ From: ABJARI@aol.com Message-ID: <71608372.34f09752@aol.com> Date: Sun, 22 Feb 1998 16:23:28 EST Subject: Re: SemiTMBG: Iowa In a message dated 98-02-22 16:14:02 EST, cstangl@blue.weeg.uiowa.edu writes: << Everyone in Iowa hates They Might Be Giants anyways. And They never come here (last time they did, Linnell was obviously sick, and having no fun, and the Flans had to tell a guy in the audience to "stop being a dick"). That said, I must be TMBG Ambassador of Love for the state. -Chris Stangl >> ye got my vote. however--i would like to step up for my candidacy for President of this Union of They Might Be Giants fans. thank you all for your votes; i'll pet your dogs, kiss your babies, and buy you all the cocaine the country needs. sirjay ------------------------------ From: ABJARI@aol.com Message-ID: <324bd8e1.34f09798@aol.com> Date: Sun, 22 Feb 1998 16:24:38 EST Subject: Re: TMBG: that muppets thing In a message dated 98-02-22 16:22:40 EST, Strawbos69@aol.com writes: << A butch of Muppets appropriately dressed, dancing around singing this song. Is it just me, or did they do that. I mean, this was loooooooong before TMBG (1970's), but why do I remember this? Or, have I just gone completely insane, and don't realize it yet? >> if memory serves me, tmbg weren't the first to perform this song--though i don't remember who was. sirjay ------------------------------ From: Strawbos69@aol.com Message-ID: Date: Sun, 22 Feb 1998 16:30:45 EST Subject: Re: TMBG: that muppets thing In a message dated 98-02-22 16:26:19 EST, ABJARI@aol.com writes: << if memory serves me, tmbg weren't the first to perform this song--though i don't remember who was. >> Yes, I know who did the original song. But I want to know if anyone else remembers this song on The Muppet Show.... "No one knows these things but me and him" ------------------------------ From: NitpickR@aol.com Message-ID: <8d93982b.34f0a340@aol.com> Date: Sun, 22 Feb 1998 17:14:22 EST Subject: Re: SemiTMBG: Iowa Hello 41- Yeah well, I'd like to announce my running for TMBG ambassador to my room in my dorm. As far as I know, I'm the biggest TMBG fan there, and there needs to be more love there. Yeah, I could talk to the other TMBG fans, like my pillow, computer, stereo and TV, but I *know* I'm a bigger fan than they are. So everybody vote for me please. I want to be the ambassador to my room! Adam ------------------------------ From: ABJARI@aol.com Message-ID: Date: Sun, 22 Feb 1998 17:15:27 EST Subject: Re: TMBG: that muppets thing In a message dated 98-02-22 16:38:30 EST, Strawbos69@aol.com writes: << Yes, I know who did the original song. But I want to know if anyone else remembers this song on The Muppet Show.... >> oh, yes. i ..er .. misunderstood. that happens a lot. the self slandering sirjay ------------------------------ From: NitpickR@aol.com Message-ID: <3b7b48c7.34f0a3ba@aol.com> Date: Sun, 22 Feb 1998 17:16:24 EST Subject: Re: SemiTMBG: Iowa Hello 41- Yeah well, I'd like to announce my running for TMBG ambassador to my room in my dorm. As far as I know, I'm the biggest TMBG fan there, and there needs to be more love there. Yeah, I could talk to the other TMBG fans, like my pillow, computer, stereo and TV, but I *know* I'm a bigger fan than they are. So everybody vote for me please. I want to be the ambassador to my room! On a seperate note, I accidentally sent this to "tmbg-list@tmbg.com" I wonder what'll happen to me. Adam Rome is like Florida. -Rinaldi Adam Rubens~ NitpickR@aol.com * arubens@iris.nyit.edu Last show seen: Maggie Estep, Cottonmouth Texas, Mike Ladd@ Knitting Factory Next show to be seen: The Ventures @ Coney Island High Listening to: Television's Greatest Hits - Cable Ready Reading: Illinois Smith and the Mystery of Hitler's Brain ------------------------------ From: Strawbos69@aol.com Message-ID: <1b261706.34f0a4e1@aol.com> Date: Sun, 22 Feb 1998 17:21:17 EST Subject: Re: SemiTMBG: Iowa In a message dated 98-02-22 17:17:05 EST, NitpickR@aol.com writes: << I want to be the ambassador to my room! >> Well, o.k., you have my vote, but only if I'm aloud to announce that I'm running for the officer of Ambassador to TMBG for the state of insanity. I swear I CAN do this job, in fact, I do it every waking hour, 24 hours a day!!!!!! "My room is comfotablely small" ------------------------------ Date: Sun, 22 Feb 1998 16:30:03 -0600 (CST) From: **Tarnished Silence** Subject: Semi-TMBG:Iowa Message-Id: Ah! Lots of us Iowans love TMBG! We're just rare, and therefore, more valuable. :) At least 40 people in my old HS loves them...innoculate the world with the love of They! Tarnished Silence 210 /--------------------------------------\ | knowing the dark | | mind tramples the sun | | holding the power | | it comes without sound | | | | T A R N I S H E D S I L E N C E | | tsilence@usa.net | \--------------------------------------/ ------------------------------ From: HallOfEyes@aol.com Message-ID: Date: Sun, 22 Feb 1998 17:27:43 EST Subject: semi-TMBG: Queens, NYC Hi. I would like to declare myself the ambassador for Queens, NYC! I would say Queens and Brooklyn, but John and John are already the Brooklyn Ambassadors... Anyway, the only 2 TMBG fans Im aware of here are me, and my friend Daniel who is not on this list. I live in the 718 area code too! I have converted at least 4 or 5 people. Oh, and I would like to be the ambassador for the summer camp I went to, Usdan. Thats where I did all my converting, and its where I made my A Self Called Nowhere music video (currently on Video Bootleg 3! GET IT!!!) Jordan ------------------------------ Message-Id: <1.5.4.32.19980222224031.0069cf5c@Cybnetonline.com> Date: Sun, 22 Feb 1998 16:40:31 -0600 From: "The Lil' Depressed Boy" Subject: Re: TMBG: that muppets thing >I have this childhood memory of The Muppet Show and a skit on Istanbul (not >Contsantinobul). A butch of Muppets appropriately dressed, dancing around >singing this song. Is it just me, or did they do that. I mean, this was >loooooooong before TMBG (1970's), but why do I remember this? Or, have I just >gone completely insane, and don't realize it yet? Nope that was Muppets tonight, which was on last year or something. It was when Pierce Brosnon was the guest. A bunch of Lobsters or Crabs or something had taken over the show and whenever they said "Istanbul" a bunch of rats would jump up and start singing the song. And if some reason your right and I'm wrong, Istanbul is a song from the 30's or something, originally done by the four lads... LDB -- (this site cuts the amount of URL's I put in my Sig) My Web Page Index: http://www.cybnetonline.com/users/njack/ TMBG | D.U.M.B. NEWS | Mr. Gone Font ------------------------------ From: Strawbos69@aol.com Message-ID: <3b7b5b4c.34f0ab7c@aol.com> Date: Sun, 22 Feb 1998 17:49:29 EST Subject: Re: TMBG: that muppets thing In a message dated 98-02-22 17:43:52 EST, NJack@CYBNETONLINE.COM writes: << And if some reason your right and I'm wrong, Istanbul is a song from the 30's or something, originally done by the four lads... >> THIS is the version I'm thinking of...Not Muppets tonight, I do remember that though...*sigh* But, quite possibly, I have gone insane... "That's nobody's business but the Turk's" ------------------------------ Date: Sun, 22 Feb 1998 17:21:19 -0500 Subject: Re: SemiTMBG: Maine Message-ID: <19980222.172124.6942.0.johnhenry5@juno.com> From: johnhenry5@juno.com (Andy Nich0ls) On Sun, 22 Feb 1998 12:32:52 -0400 CCampbell writes: ; Well since somone has been voted into office for >TMBG >Ambassador for N. Mexico, I am running for TMBG Ambassador for >Maine!!! >VOTE FOR ME!!!! VOTE FOR ME!!!! I won't let you down. > >< You don't have a chance. Everyone will vote Nich0ls for Maine and that's the bottom line. Andy Nich0ls (Remember, vote Nich0ls) _____________________________________________________________________ You don't need to buy Internet access to use free Internet e-mail. Get completely free e-mail from Juno at http://www.juno.com Or call Juno at (800) 654-JUNO [654-5866] ------------------------------ From: ABJARI@aol.com Message-ID: <89952fe3.34f0afe2@aol.com> Date: Sun, 22 Feb 1998 18:08:16 EST Subject: Re: SemiTMBG: Maine In a message dated 98-02-22 18:06:30 EST, johnhenry5@juno.com writes: << You don't have a chance. Everyone will vote Nich0ls for Maine and that's the bottom line. Andy Nich0ls (Remember, vote Nich0ls) >> i vote for you, andy! andy is a kick ass name! ------------------------------ Message-ID: <01BD3FAD.6094D2A0@s116b.rcn.nmt.edu> From: Refund Subject: TMBG: President of the Union of TMBG fan NOMINATION Date: Sun, 22 Feb 1998 16:17:28 -0700 I, being the first in the now long line of ambassadors for TMBG, do hereby nominate 'The Man' Mike Leffel for the office of President of the Union of TMBG fans. Sorry to anybody else who ran, but Leffel deserves the office... Thank you, Ambassador for TMBG to New Mexico, Refund. ------------------------------ From: ABJARI@aol.com Message-ID: <2b7bdcaf.34f0d391@aol.com> Date: Sun, 22 Feb 1998 20:40:31 EST Subject: Re: TMBG: President of the Union of TMBG fan NOMINATION In a message dated 98-02-22 18:24:15 EST, Refund@nmt.edu writes: << I, being the first in the now long line of ambassadors for TMBG, do hereby nominate 'The Man' Mike Leffel for the office of President of the Union of TMBG fans. Sorry to anybody else who ran, but Leffel deserves the office... Thank you, Ambassador for TMBG to New Mexico, Refund. >> yes, but i can get you DISEASES.... sirjay ------------------------------ Message-ID: <19980223015544.9558.rocketmail@send1c.yahoomail.com> Date: Sun, 22 Feb 1998 17:55:44 -0800 (PST) From: Amanda Nichols Subject: Re: SemiTMBG: Maine > > I think that if a person would like to run for TMBG Ambassador for his/her > state/country/province/other they sould just declare they are ambassador and > anyone who wants to run for that state can just speak up and they can work it out > between themselves instead of voting for lots 'o people if only 1 person is > running! Sound good to me! Well, in that case, I declare myself the Boston Ambassador of Love! Whoo hooo!! Why does this smack of Dilbert?!? Amanda, Ruler and high priestess of Boston (or not) _________________________________________________________ DO YOU YAHOO!? Get your free @yahoo.com address at http://mail.yahoo.com ------------------------------ From: ABJARI@aol.com Message-ID: <6f66f323.34f0d81d@aol.com> Date: Sun, 22 Feb 1998 20:59:55 EST Subject: Re: SemiTMBG: Maine In a message dated 98-02-22 20:56:05 EST, rbhgirl@yahoo.com writes: << Whoo hooo!! Why does this smack of Dilbert?!? Amanda, Ruler and high priestess of Boston (or not) >> somebody's gotta make a list of all this. if i'm voted president, i'll make sure all the ambassadors have a free and ready supply of harmonicas! sirjay ------------------------------ Message-ID: <19980223020504.2498.rocketmail@send1d.yahoomail.com> Date: Sun, 22 Feb 1998 18:05:04 -0800 (PST) From: Amanda Nichols Subject: SortaTMBG: Candy Butchers at TT's Hello to all TMBGers! 'Manda here, reporting on a band that makes her almost as happy as TMBG does: The Candy Butchers. :) For those of y'all (who wear fanny packs) who aren't familiar with them, theyre on the "Zero Effect" soundtrack as well as being the band behind the song "that Thing you do!" Anyway, they were playing in Canbridge at this place called TT the Bear's Place, along with what seemed to be every other Boston-based band in existance. Moms, small children and close friends were there, in a place that looks like a stand in for "Cheers." I didn't see Norm, sorry. So, I snagged a setlist, which reads as follows: (they didn't really follow it, oh well) WALK DIE RIDE COME WRONG ***DOGMATIC** (request) HEAD CUPID TULIPS BELLS SLEEP HAVE <-- did a drinking song instead The first band was Shelia's Delight (I think that's the name, anyway) and they were pretty good. They got the crowd going more than one would think of an opening band capable of, which is a good sign for them. Good, nerd-rocky stuff, too, so I was happy. The place filled up when Mike and Todd came on for their set. Sing-alongs and a surprising amount of CB fans were in attendance that night. Thought I'd share a small bit of concert-going fun with all the tmbg kids... My friend Opus and I spoke to Mike Viola after the show, and there's a good chance that they'll be making an appearance on my live music show in the near future... :) All this for seven bucks. Not bad, eh? Plus about 50 million other bands. Amanda == "Crap. I melted." -Abs, the Abdominal Snowman _________________________________________________________ DO YOU YAHOO!? Get your free @yahoo.com address at http://mail.yahoo.com ------------------------------ Date: Sun, 22 Feb 1998 19:30:27 -0700 (MST) From: J Kuemmerle Subject: Re: TMBG: President of the Union of TMBG fan NOMINATION Message-ID: On Sun, 22 Feb 1998, Refund wrote: > I, being the first in the now long line of ambassadors for TMBG, do > hereby nominate 'The Man' Mike Leffel for the office of President of the > Union of TMBG fans. Sorry to anybody else who ran, but Leffel deserves > the office... i second the nomination of mike "absent but fondly remembered" leffel for president of the union of tmbg fans. as soon as i can get in touch with him, i will let him know. --jim kuemmerle, who would seek the vice-presidency except for the concern that his citizenship on multiple planets would leave him ineligible... (those wacky roswellites!!) j.kuemmerle@m.cc.utah.edu http://www.geocities.com/soho/gallery/4668/ gee, this is almost as much fun as the "we're def" thing last fall... ------------------------------ Message-Id: <3.0.1.32.19980222214010.006a4538@130.127.28.14> Date: Sun, 22 Feb 1998 21:40:10 -0500 From: Adam Tyner Subject: Re: SemiTMBG: Maine At 08:59 PM 2/22/98 EST, ABJARI@aol.com wrote: > >somebody's gotta make a list of all this. if i'm voted president, i'll make >sure all the ambassadors have a free and ready supply of harmonicas! Wow! I guess that means I'm the ambassador of South Carolina. TTYL, -Adam /----=========================================================----\ http://www.awod.com/gallery/rwav/ctyner/ The home of He-Man, "Weird Al", Yoo-hoo, Killer Tomatoes, and more! Demented music list admin O- MiSTie #67,326 ------------------------------ From: Shaft137@aol.com Message-ID: Date: Sun, 22 Feb 1998 22:09:27 EST Subject: Re: SemiTMBG: Maine hi. i would like to nominate myself as a TMBG president, however, the communist state in which i live in prevents any such thing. i think it's time for an uprising amongst the villagers. adam schaaf, "yes, lisa, but in theory, communism works. in theory." ------------------------------ Date: Sun, 22 Feb 1998 21:19:40 -0600 (CST) From: Jason Loss Subject: TMBG: ambassadors, : NOT VERY TMBG Message-ID: Well, I'm the ambassador to Illinois then, noone else has taken it.. umm, go bulls or something Jason a.k.a. Darkheart, the supreme idler, on Efnet. ___________________________________________________________________________ "Chinese people were fighting in the park, we tried to help them fight, noone appreciated that." They Might Be Giants, Purple Toupee "1-2-3-4!!" Ramones, any song, choose your favorite. "YOU GO TO HELL, YOU GO TO HELL AND YOU DIE!!!" Mr. Hat - South Park ___________________________________________________________________________ ------------------------------ Message-Id: Date: Sun, 22 Feb 98 22:27 EST From: kbrodbec@remcen.ehhs.cmich.edu (Kirsten Brodbeck) Subject: Re: TMBG: ambassadors, : NOT VERY TMBG Aw, hell, I'll jump on the bandwagon - I'm the Michigan Ambassador; after all, I'm the nexus of TMBG fandom in my area. If Elitza ever rejoins the list, she can be the co-ambassador, or something like that. :) Kirs -- ______________________________________________________________________________ "How can I believe in God when just last week I got my tongue caught in the roller of an electric typewriter?" - Woody Allen *kbrodbec@remcen.ehhs.cmich.edu*Kirsten Brodbeck*AKA Crow ------------------------------ Message-Id: <1.5.4.32.19980223032942.0069d318@Cybnetonline.com> Date: Sun, 22 Feb 1998 21:29:42 -0600 From: "The Lil' Depressed Boy" Subject: Re: TMBG: ambassadors, : NOT VERY TMBG Well, dagnabbit, I'm the GOD of TMBG of Kansas.... LDB -- (this site cuts the amount of URL's I put in my Sig) My Web Page Index: http://www.cybnetonline.com/users/njack/ TMBG | D.U.M.B. NEWS | Mr. Gone Font ------------------------------ Message-Id: <199802230334.WAA29635@ussenterprise.ufp.org> Date: Sun, 22 Feb 1998 21:34:41 -0600 From: Mitchell Harding Subject: Non-TMBG: Damn everyone Ok look, I hereby appoint everyone the TMBG ambassador of their zip code. In the case of two ambassadors per zip code: tough, move to a less popular zip code. I think we've surpassed our limit of 50 useless messages already, so let's not dig ourselves any deeper, ok? The first 5 messages were amusing, but it has gone much too far. Lots of love, Mitch ------------------------------ From: BenMoobil@aol.com Message-ID: <8ed3d552.34f1124a@aol.com> Date: Mon, 23 Feb 1998 01:08:08 EST Subject: Re: TMBG: ambassadors, : NOT VERY TMBG well someone must be Alabamas so i guess it be me .SInce i might be the only fan here i just might have a good time (-: The Ben ------------------------------ Message-ID: <001d01bd4022$8cf6eb60$bc7f3ace@default> From: yoda@dnc.net (Brandon Rieke) Subject: TMBG: OREGON Date: Sun, 22 Feb 1998 22:16:13 -0800 DOES ANYBODY KNOW IF THEY ARE COMMING TO OREGON SOON THANKS [Attachment omitted, unknown MIME type or encoding (text/html)] ------------------------------ Date: Sun, 22 Feb 1998 23:53:56 -0500 Subject: Re: SemiTMBG: South Carolina Message-ID: <19980222.235357.7158.0.jbparke@juno.com> From: jbparke@juno.com (Jeff Parker) >Wow! I guess that means I'm the ambassador of South Carolina. > >TTYL, > >-Adam Not so fast... I live in SC too... You're not gonna win that easily! Jeffro for SC Ambassador to TMBG!!! If I'm elected i'll (fill this space with something that would make you vote for me)! How's that sound? That's it... v^v Jeffro v^v "She didn't have to change anything just the stencil on her window..." _____________________________________________________________________ You don't need to buy Internet access to use free Internet e-mail. Get completely free e-mail from Juno at http://www.juno.com Or call Juno at (800) 654-JUNO [654-5866] ------------------------------ End of tmbg-list Digest #3-418 ******************************