Errors-To: owner-tmbg-digest@tmbg.org Reply-To: tmbg-digest@tmbg.org Sender: owner-tmbg-digest@tmbg.org Precedence: bulk From: owner-tmbg-digest@tmbg.org To: tmbg-digest@tmbg.org Subject: tmbg-list Digest #3-419 tmbg-list Digest, Volume 3, Number 419 Wednesday, 25 February 1998 Today's Topics: Re: TMBG: ambassadors, : NOT VERY TMBG Semi-TMBG:Iowa Re: SemiTMBG: Maine TMBG: Non-TMBG, but LIST: usefulness TMBG: RE:semiTMBG...ny... Re: SemiTMBG: Maine Re: TMBG: ambassadors, : NOT VERY TMBG TMBG: o tannenbaum Re: SemiTMBG: Iowa Re: SemiTMBG: Iowa TMBG: They in Troy,NY Semi-TMBG: Ambassadors TMBG: CANNOT RETRIEVE TMBG: cannot retrieve/nefarious garbage... TMBG: Troy,NY Re: TMBG: cannot retrieve/nefarious garbage... Re: SemiTMBG: Iowa TMBG: King of Pacifica TMBG: New full songs up! NON-TMBG: Soul Coughing Re: NON-TMBG: Soul Coughing Re: TMBG: cannot retrieve/nefarious garbage... Re: TMBG: King of Pacifica Re: SemiTMBG: Iowa Re: NON-TMBG: Soul Coughing TMBG: college shows? Re: TMBG: cannot retrieve/nefarious garbage... Re: TMBG: cannot retrieve/nefarious garbage... TMBG: videos TMBG: Assassin for hire... Re: TMBG: videos RE: TMBG: videos TMBG: announcing STUMPBOX 3!!! TMBG:TMBG On Bar/None Sampler TMBG: suggestions Re: TMBG: college shows? Re: SemiTMBG: Maine/ list uselessness Re: NON-TMBG: Soul Coughing Re: TMBG: ambassadors, : NOT VERY TMBG TMBG: Re:Ambassador To Maine Re: SemiTMBG: Maine Re: TMBG: Re:Ambassador To Maine TMBG: stumpbox 3 update/disclaimer TMBG: Holy Cow! (not a Harry Caray tribute) Re: TMBG: Re:Ambassador To Maine Re: TMBG: Non-TMBG, but LIST: usefulness Re: TMBG:TMBG On Bar/None Sampler Re: non-TMBG: Ambassadorship Re: TMBG:TMBG On Bar/None Sampler Re: non-TMBG: Ambassadorship Re: TMBG: ambassadors, : NOT VERY TMBG TMBG: We've all got things in common... Re: SemiTMBG: Maine/ list uselessness Administrivia: If you wish to unsubscribe from this mailing send mail to tmbg-digest-request@tmbg.org for instructions on how to be automatically removed. --------------------------------------------------------------------- The views expressed herein are those of the individual authors. --------------------------------------------------------------------- tmbg-list is digested with Digest 3.3d (John Relph ). ---------------------------------------------------------------------- Date: Sun, 22 Feb 1998 23:40:43 -0800 Subject: Re: TMBG: ambassadors, : NOT VERY TMBG Message-ID: <19980222.234118.18518.0.jnielsen69@juno.com> From: jnielsen69@juno.com (Josh Nielsen) Can I be the Ambassador from Oregon? Josh Nielsen jnielsen69@juno.com http://www.angelfire.com/or/jnielsen/ http://www.geocities.com/SunsetStrip/Studio/4091 ICQ #1337243 _____________________________________________________________________ You don't need to buy Internet access to use free Internet e-mail. Get completely free e-mail from Juno at http://www.juno.com Or call Juno at (800) 654-JUNO [654-5866] ------------------------------ Message-ID: <34F13D3D.7438@polbox.com> Date: Mon, 23 Feb 1998 03:11:25 -0600 From: i close my door at night Organization: http://www.geocities.com/Wellesley/1790/ Subject: Semi-TMBG:Iowa Wow.....I never realized there were so many fans in Iowa....any Iowans out there who'd like to chat, email me privately (so as not to clog the list, further annoying Mitch...*grin*). beep beep. Becky -- (*)(*)(*)(*)(*)(*)(*)(*)(*)(*)(*)(*)(*)(*)(*)(*)(*)(*)(*)(*)(*)(*)(*)(*) becky@polbox.com rayr@kenyon.edu femme@chez.com http://www.geocities.com/Wellesley/1790 "I don't know how I bent what you said to what I believed you meant...I don't know anything at all." -"Labor of Love," Frente! (*)(*)(*)(*)(*)(*)(*)(*)(*)(*)(*)(*)(*)(*)(*)(*)(*)(*)(*)(*)(*)(*)(*)(*) ------------------------------ Date: Mon, 23 Feb 1998 04:39:03 -0500 (EST) From: Beth Connell Subject: Re: SemiTMBG: Maine Message-ID: Well, I hereby appoint myself the ambassador to Buffalo, cause..well. There's really nothing else to do in Buffalo, is there? OBTMBG (well, sorta, but it might be something to discuss): I wonder what, if any, say the Johns have in choosing places to perform at while on tour - there seem to be certain cities they play over and over, while I've seen lots of messages on the list for places They have never been. Obviously, large crowds and a good take would be an influenece for repeat performances, but do They ever say, "Hey, John? I feel liking visiting someplace new. Wanna get out the map so we can throw a dart and see what city it lands on?" Beth -<*>- http://www.cgicafe.com/~soulfire | "I want to raise my freak flag higher and higher..." -TMBG | "Rock Climbing, Joel. Rock Climbing." -Tom Servo, MST3K | "I love humans. Always seeing patterns in things that aren't there." -Dr. Who (8th Doctor) | Odangos, anyone? -<*>- ------------------------------ Date: Mon, 23 Feb 1998 04:12:17 -0700 (MST) From: J Kuemmerle Subject: TMBG: Non-TMBG, but LIST: usefulness Message-ID: On Sun, 22 Feb 1998, Mitchell Harding wrote: > I think we've surpassed our limit of 50 useless messages already, so let's > not dig ourselves any deeper, ok? just out of curiosity, how are you defining 'useless'? different definitions of usefulness lead to vastly different opinions on the useful/not useful ratio of this list. in the strictest sense i can come up with, NOTHING on this list is useful, in that it does nothing to provide me with food or shelter or sex or the like. in the loosest sense i can come up with, (and this is the one that i actually use,) EVERYTHING on this list is useful, in that it enriches the social aspect of the listie experience. in my own experience, the social interactions that have come from both on-list and off-list communication with other listies have been the most rewarding part of this whole thing. somewhere in between the two extremes falls the idea that only strictly TMBG-related posts are useful, but it isn't clear to me what criteria would make these posts more useful than the others. (it is, after all, just a band. a really really really good band, but a band nonetheless.) if nothing else, this most recent of digressions has served to give us something in the way of mental hooks with which to attach the names of various listies. i DON'T want to start another war about this. i would, however, like to engage in rational discussion of this topic with whoever wants to discuss it. preferably off-list, if for no other reason than the fact that as a group, we've dragged this through the mud far too many times recently without getting anywhere. but i think it's readily apparent from the above that i don't yet understand opposing viewpoints on this topic, and i really do want to. --jim kuemmerle, feeling like one of those guys on 'meet the press' or 'the mclaughlin group'... j.kuemmerle@m.cc.utah.edu http://www.geocities.com/soho/gallery/4668/ ------------------------------ Message-Id: <199802231404.GAA13258@f155.hotmail.com> From: "Kevin Shiner" Subject: TMBG: RE:semiTMBG...ny... Date: Mon, 23 Feb 1998 06:04:47 PST >Well, I hereby appoint myself the ambassador to Buffalo, cause..well. >There's really nothing else to do in Buffalo, is there? well, since somebody apparently has taken part of NY, i will be ambassador for the Culinary Institute of America, Hyde Park, NY... and i will also fight to make it known that we are a "REAL" college... shiner... ______________________________________________________ Get Your Private, Free Email at http://www.hotmail.com ------------------------------ From: ABJARI@aol.com Message-ID: <8789dd9a.34f189de@aol.com> Date: Mon, 23 Feb 1998 09:38:10 EST Subject: Re: SemiTMBG: Maine In a message dated 98-02-23 04:39:43 EST, ae371@FreeNet.Buffalo.EDU writes: << Obviously, large crowds and a good take would be an influenece for repeat performances, >> bogarts in cincinnati--must hold somewhere along the lines of a thousand people, and it was packed in november when They came. i hope that's enough for them to return--i've only seen 'em once in concert. sigh.. sirjay ------------------------------ From: "Drunken Bird" Organization: Columbus State Univ., Columbus, Ga. Date: Mon, 23 Feb 1998 10:04:13 EST Subject: Re: TMBG: ambassadors, : NOT VERY TMBG Message-ID: <23D0AE26EC@colstate.edu> TMBG demi-god of Georgia? Ah.. no need to vote.. I claimed it first:) - WrymEnigma (AKA DrunkenBird) > before you click on the 'send mail' button, think about what you're posting. ------------------------------ From: "Mr. Me" Date: Mon, 23 Feb 1998 13:33:41 CST Subject: TMBG: o tannenbaum Message-ID: <1E37911156A@athena.valpo.edu> just got my o tannenbaum 7" after two months of waiting. so tmb productions might actually be producing stuff. of course, i find out that it's got one of those big holes in it instead of the little peg hole. AND I LOST MY BIG HOLE THINGY AND I ONLY HAVE A LITTLE PEG. on my record player that is. ignore any sexual connotations you think it might have, i was talking about my record player. so hopefully it'll work or i can find my big hole thingy. adaptor. that's the word i was looking for. in regards to the list appropriateness, i still hold that lots of profanity is bad, and non tmbg posts aren't that great either. BUT remember your delete key before the topic gets dragged through the mud again. i haven't read a single message in three days. they've all been deleted because the thread doesn't really interest me. my $.02. jeremy [] [] [] [] [] [] [] [] [] [] [] [] [] [] [] [] [] "Instead of creating new weapons of destruction, we ought to get some use out of the ones we already have." Deep Thoughts [] [] [] [] [] [] [] [] [] [] [] [] [] [] [] [] Experience the many media of Jeremy Skrenes! Email: jskrenes@athena.valpo.edu Snail: or p356jskrenes@exodus.valpo.edu 141 Wehrenberg Airwaves: Sunday nights, 12-2am 95.1, WVUR Valparaiso, IN 46383 ------------------------------ Date: Mon, 23 Feb 1998 12:18:17 -0600 (CST) From: "Christopher M. Stangl" Subject: Re: SemiTMBG: Iowa Message-ID: On Sun, 22 Feb 1998 NitpickR@aol.com wrote: > Hello 41- > > Yeah well, I'd like to announce my running for TMBG ambassador to my room in > my dorm. As far as I know, I'm the biggest TMBG fan there, and there needs to > be more love there. Yeah, I could talk to the other TMBG fans, like my > pillow, computer, stereo and TV, but I *know* I'm a bigger fan than they are. > So everybody vote for me please. I want to be the ambassador to my room! > > Adam Yeah, well I'm gonna be TMBG Ambassador of my ASS. How do you like that? Anytime They Might Be Giants wants to visit my ass, I'll be there to greet them, and welcome them to their stay at my ass. Unless anyone else wants to be in the running, I'm going to assume that I've been officially elected. I'm gonna get a nice plaque for my desk, which reads "Official They Might Be Giants Ambassador Of My Ass". -Chris Stangl, Official TMBG Ambassador of My Ass. ------------------------------ From: ABJARI@aol.com Message-ID: Date: Tue, 24 Feb 1998 10:00:08 EST Subject: Re: SemiTMBG: Iowa In a message dated 98-02-24 09:50:22 EST, cstangl@blue.weeg.uiowa.edu writes: << Anytime They Might Be Giants wants to visit my ass, I'll be there to greet them, and welcome them to their stay at my ass. >> how're they gonna know the difference between your ass and your face? sirjay ------------------------------ Message-ID: <19980224150826.25169.qmail@hotmail.com> From: "Kevin Shiner" Subject: TMBG: They in Troy,NY Date: Tue, 24 Feb 1998 07:08:26 PST does anybody know where Troy, NY is???? They're playing at "Rensselaer Poly. Inst." on March 28 and i'm trying to figure out where this place is...well, if anyone has any info, it would be greatly appreciated! thanks! shiner... TMBG 3/21/98 Myrtle Beach, SC "house of blues" 3/23/98 Jacksonville, FL "Club Five" 3/24/98 Lake Beuna Vista, FL "House of Blues, Orlando" 3/25/98 St. Petersburg, FL "Jannus Landing" 3/28/98 Troy, NY "Rensselaer Poly. Inst." 4/17/98 Washington, DC "Catholic University" ______________________________________________________ Get Your Private, Free Email at http://www.hotmail.com ------------------------------ Date: Mon, 23 Feb 1998 12:21:23 -0800 (PST) From: winningh Subject: Semi-TMBG: Ambassadors Message-ID: Since my foolish roomate doesn't read her digest often enough I elect myself Grand-High TMBG Love Consulate of Southern California and the Pacific Domains Sarah "Hail to thee, President Leffel" Winningham ------------------------------ From: Strawbos69@aol.com Message-ID: <4ee784cb.34f1cae2@aol.com> Date: Mon, 23 Feb 1998 14:15:44 EST Subject: TMBG: CANNOT RETRIEVE *sigh* It's been a while since I've checked out www.tmbg.com And yah know, the one time I do the system won't connect. "CANNOT RETRIEVE..." So, I tried www.tmbg.org "CANNOT RETRIEVE...." :( Anyone else have this problem lately? Excuse me, I have to go eat some ice cream... -TMBG Ambassador to the state of Insanity ------------------------------ Message-ID: <19980224154354.11570.qmail@hotmail.com> From: "Kevin Shiner" Subject: TMBG: cannot retrieve/nefarious garbage... Date: Tue, 24 Feb 1998 07:43:54 PST >*sigh* It's been a while since I've checked out www.tmbg.com And yah know, >the one time I do the system won't connect. "CANNOT RETRIEVE..." So, I tried >www.tmbg.org "CANNOT RETRIEVE...." :( Anyone else have this problem lately? it's cos you're an AOL user.... it's been almost a year since the last album release from They, and now monopuff is about to release a new one of their own, any word on an album in progress for they?? sure, a year isn't a whole lot a time, but, i'm an impatient one....and nobody else is posting anything, so i gotta fill the gaps... shiner... ______________________________________________________ Get Your Private, Free Email at http://www.hotmail.com ------------------------------ From: NitpickR@aol.com Message-ID: <7aadec75.34f2ee3c@aol.com> Date: Tue, 24 Feb 1998 10:58:50 EST Subject: TMBG: Troy,NY Hello 41- <> Well, Troy is right next to Albany in New York. It's at RPI, which is a good school. On a related note, if anybody is driving from NY, or places south, please drop me an email, and I'll happily split travel costs with ya. I just don't want to take my car, and my car told me that it really doesn't want to go. 8^) Adam Someone ask me how I played today. How'd you play? Don't ask. -Conversation between my grandpa and I. Adam Rubens~ NitpickR@aol.com * arubens@iris.nyit.edu Last show seen: Maggie Estep, Cottonmouth Texas, Mike Ladd@ Knitting Factory Next show to be seen: The Ventures @ Coney Island High Listening to: Man...Or Astroman? - 1000X Reading: Illinois Smith and the Mystery of Hitler's Brain ------------------------------ Message-Id: <3.0.3.32.19980224110457.006a2e64@mail.clemson.edu> Date: Tue, 24 Feb 1998 11:04:57 -0500 From: Adam Tyner Subject: Re: TMBG: cannot retrieve/nefarious garbage... At 07:43 AM 2/24/98 PST, Kevin Shiner wrote: > >it's cos you're an AOL user.... Hardly. tmbg.org,tmbg.com,and monopuff.org were all down yesterday, and no one, regardless of their ISP, could access them. ------------------------------ Date: Tue, 24 Feb 1998 10:05:34 -0600 (CST) From: Jason Loss Subject: Re: SemiTMBG: Iowa Message-ID: On Mon, 23 Feb 1998, Christopher M. Stangl wrote: > that? Anytime They Might Be Giants wants to visit my ass, I'll be there to > greet them, and welcome them to their stay at my ass. Unless anyone else > wants to be in the running, I'm going to assume that I've been officially > elected. I'm gonna get a nice plaque for my desk, which reads "Official > They Might Be Giants Ambassador Of My Ass". > -Chris Stangl, Official TMBG Ambassador of My Ass. > > No, I want to be the TMBG ambassador to Chris's ass! Jason, AKA Darkheart, supreme Idler on Efnet ------------------------------ Message-Id: Date: Mon, 23 Feb 1998 10:28:06 -1000 From: Marc Myer Subject: TMBG: King of Pacifica Yes I am. Hawaii anyway. Or czar of TMBeach. >Oh, I wouldn't say that. Half the campus here at Grinnell digs them. --Jamal, Co-Ambassador of Love for Iowa >Ah! Lots of us Iowans love TMBG! We're just rare, and therefore, more valuable. :) At least 40 people in my old HS loves them.. But here's the question. What's up with Iowa? Sounds like lots of humans in the High School/college sectors are TMBGers. Does this have anything to do with Iowa's repuatation as the best place for a degree in English and writing? Are them there Iowa-ers more literate than the rest of us, and therefore, more TMBG-prone? Or is this just a right-wing conspiracy to make us think we're dumb? I demand an investigation. Marco, King of Pacifica ------------------------------ Date: Tue, 24 Feb 1998 13:08:54 -0500 (EST) From: The Demonic Kangaroo Subject: TMBG: New full songs up! Message-ID: Howdy. New to my sound page are five songs from the 12/11/97 show at the Mercury Lounge in NYC. You can hear them in MP3, WAV or RealAudio formats. They are as follows: Turn Around - Featuring the Velcro Horns. Exquisite Dead Guy - Featuring the Velcro Horns. Meet James Ensor - The slow, slow version. Ana Ng - The 'aternative rock version'. A must-hear for all Linnell fans! Georgy Girl - Orginally recorded by the Seekers. -Mike http://www.cybercomm.net/~tdk/tmbg.html PS If you havent signed my guestbook, please do! ------------------------------ From: Happyfroot@aol.com Message-ID: <31725430.34f30f77@aol.com> Date: Tue, 24 Feb 1998 13:20:37 EST Subject: NON-TMBG: Soul Coughing I was just wondering what everyone thinks of Soul Coughing...I have heard two songs by them & like them both. I remember TMBG & Soul Coughing did some touring together & flans directed a video for them, so I figured there might be a few people on this list who have opinions on them. I shall soon be going on a CD-buying extravanganza, So, EMail me with your opinions! Thank you! Also, it seems I didn't get a new TMBG-list-digest today. It's probably just AOL being dumb...weird.... jason "capt. profanity" glastetter ------------------------------ Date: Tue, 24 Feb 1998 12:33:40 -0600 (CST) From: "Christopher M. Stangl" Subject: Re: NON-TMBG: Soul Coughing Message-ID: On Tue, 24 Feb 1998 Happyfroot@aol.com wrote: > I was just wondering what everyone thinks of Soul Coughing... Everyone thinks they are the greatest band this side of They Might Be Talking Heads. > I have heard two songs by them & like them both. Wait till you hear *all* songs by them. Don't be surprised when they are all good. > I remember TMBG & Soul Coughing did some touring together & flans > directed a video for them, so I figured there might be a few people on > this list who have opinions on them. I shall soon be going on a > CD-buying extravanganza, So, EMail me with your opinions! Thank you! My opinion is that you haven't lived your life to its fullest potential unless you own more than one copy of both "Ruby Vroom" and "Irresistible Bliss". For further reading, I'd investigate their singles, and loverly tunes on "Songs in the Key of X" and "Batman And Robin", and that "Gap Kids" commercial. -Chris Stangl, waiting patiently for August 25th, when Soul Coughing's "El Oso" is unleashed to maul all in its path. ------------------------------ Message-Id: <3.0.1.32.19980224134422.0069fc18@130.127.28.14> Date: Tue, 24 Feb 1998 13:44:22 -0500 From: Adam Tyner Subject: Re: TMBG: cannot retrieve/nefarious garbage... I'm not sure when the sites went back up, but they were -unquestionably- down for quite a while, yesterday. I ran several traceroutes to www.tmbg.org from a couple of different accounts, and all of them failed. Take a look at http://www.tmbg.org/wwwboard/ to see comments from other people who couldn't access the sites either. Titles of messages like "Was anyone else having trouble getting in here yesterday?" and "We All Were" seem to indicate that this wasn't an isolated incident. Honestly, I don't know why it's so hard for you to accept the fact that these servers were down. -Adam At 09:30 AM 2/24/98 PST, Kevin Shiner wrote: >that ain't true either.....i was playing giant trivia last night, and >check tmbg.com to see if they posted their new tour dates... >shiner /----=========================================================----\ http://www.awod.com/gallery/rwav/ctyner/ The home of He-Man, "Weird Al", Yoo-hoo, Killer Tomatoes, and more! Demented music list admin O- MiSTie #67,326 ------------------------------ Date: Tue, 24 Feb 1998 12:43:58 -0600 (CST) From: "Christopher M. Stangl" Subject: Re: TMBG: King of Pacifica Message-ID: On Mon, 23 Feb 1998, Marc Myer wrote: > >Ah! Lots of us Iowans love TMBG! We're just rare, and therefore, > more valuable. :) At least 40 people in my old HS loves them.. > > But here's the question. What's up with Iowa? The stench of the hoglots and steady diets of nothing but sweetcorn kind of does things to a person. > Sounds like lots of humans in the High School/college sectors are > TMBGers. Does this have anything to do with Iowa's repuatation as the > best place for a degree in English and writing? It does in Iowa City, and to an extent in Des Moines. But Whatcheer isn't exactly known as the literary capital of the Midwest. > Are them there Iowa-ers more literate than the rest of us, and > therefore, more TMBG-prone? We are more literate. And better dancers. And we can cook. We're good kissers also. And we can swim like otters. Don't even ask if we can climb the rope in gym class! 'Cause you know we can! > Or is this just a right-wing conspiracy to make us think we're dumb? Don't worry. Both wings are working very hard to make you think you're dumb. > I demand an investigation. > Marco, King of Pacifica I am currently undertaking an investigation under my refrigerator. So far we've turned up some large balls of lint, two of those little worms that curl up and get hard when they die, three cat's-eye marbles, seventy-one cents in change, and six of the plastic cherries from my old Hi-Ho Cherry-O! game, which I thought I'd lost. -Chris Stangl, TMBG Ambassador to My Ass ------------------------------ Date: Tue, 24 Feb 1998 12:57:23 -0600 (CST) From: "Christopher M. Stangl" Subject: Re: SemiTMBG: Iowa Message-ID: On Tue, 24 Feb 1998 ABJARI@aol.com wrote: > In a message dated 98-02-24 09:50:22 EST, cstangl@blue.weeg.uiowa.edu writes: > > << Anytime They Might Be Giants wants to visit my ass, I'll be there to > greet them, and welcome them to their stay at my ass. >> > > how're they gonna know the difference between your ass and your face? Easy. I don't have to shave my ass as often. -Chris Stangl ------------------------------ From: mr.train@juno.com Date: Wed, 25 Feb 1998 02:04:26 -0500 Subject: Re: NON-TMBG: Soul Coughing Message-ID: <19980225.020514.6310.0.Mr.Train@juno.com> On Tue, 24 Feb 1998 12:33:40 -0600 (CST) "Christopher M. Stangl" writes: >On Tue, 24 Feb 1998 Happyfroot@aol.com wrote: > >> I was just wondering what everyone thinks of Soul Coughing... > > Everyone thinks they are the greatest band this side of They >Might Be Talking Heads. > >> I have heard two songs by them & like them both. > > Wait till you hear *all* songs by them. Don't be surprised >when they are all good. <> I borrowed IB from a friend of mine... I listened to it, taped Super Bon Bon, and gave it back... they really didn't blow my skirt up... > My opinion is that you haven't lived your life to its fullest >potential unless you own more than one copy of both "Ruby Vroom" and >"Irresistible Bliss". For further reading, I'd investigate their >singles, and loverly tunes on "Songs in the Key of X" and "Batman And >Robin", and that "Gap Kids" commercial. I KNEW IT WAS THEM!!! I heard that Gap commercial and I wasn't sure... but thank god it has been confirmed... I've never heard RV... I did hear their songs on Spawn sndtrk and Batman and Robin... not bad stuff... I just don't dig it... > -Chris Stangl, waiting patiently for August 25th, when Soul >Coughing's "El Oso" is unleashed to maul all in its path. Tim, waiting patiently for March 5th, when Space releases Tin Planet Miscellaneous Tim AKA TMB(do)G AKA Tambo (IRC) AKA Mr.Train (OML) Favorite TMBG song update: They'll Need A Crane Last CD purchase: G. Love and Special Sauce - Yeah, It's That Easy (very cool!) _____________________________________________________________________ You don't need to buy Internet access to use free Internet e-mail. Get completely free e-mail from Juno at http://www.juno.com Or call Juno at (800) 654-JUNO [654-5866] ------------------------------ From: mjames@khserver.loyola.edu (Matthew James) Message-Id: <9802241902.AA18939@khserver.loyola.edu> Subject: TMBG: college shows? Date: Tue, 24 Feb 1998 14:02:19 -0500 (EST) I was curious whether anyone knew the ratio of general admission college shows to those that only allow students? Since TMBG are making a stop at CUA in DC instead of the 9:30 Club I'm a bit worried they may only allow students. At least I can get the metro as university shows don't generally go very late. Thanks for any info, Matt -- Matt James mjames@greed.loyola.edu Loyola College in Baltimore, MD Bruce Campbell Gazette: www.bcgazette.com ------------------------------ Date: Tue, 24 Feb 1998 11:19:17 -0800 (PST) Message-Id: From: Bob Gonsalves Subject: Re: TMBG: cannot retrieve/nefarious garbage... >I'm not sure when the sites went back up, but they were -unquestionably- >down for quite a while, yesterday. I ran several traceroutes to >www.tmbg.org from a couple of different accounts, and all of them failed. > >Take a look at http://www.tmbg.org/wwwboard/ to see comments from other >people who couldn't access the sites either. Titles of messages like "Was >anyone else having trouble getting in here yesterday?" and "We All Were" >seem to indicate that this wasn't an isolated incident. There was a fiber connection cut in California that probably affected routing in certain parts of the country. This has been happening a lot during the El Nino season. -Bob Gonsalves ------------------------------ Message-ID: <34F31042.ED2071CB@mix-net.net> Date: Tue, 24 Feb 1998 14:24:04 -0400 From: CCampbell Subject: Re: TMBG: cannot retrieve/nefarious garbage... Adam Tyner wrote: > At 07:43 AM 2/24/98 PST, Kevin Shiner wrote: > > > >it's cos you're an AOL user.... > > Hardly. tmbg.org,tmbg.com,and monopuff.org were all down yesterday, and no > one, regardless of their ISP, could access them. I was able to access monopuff.org, and tmbg.org yesterday??? Strange! -Chris "Feeny" Campbell ------------------------------ Date: Wed, 25 Feb 1998 16:11:03 -0500 From: Arvin Ganesan Subject: TMBG: videos Message-id: <3.0.1.32.19980225161103.006a1acc@mailsrv-unix.oit.umass.edu> Does anyone know where I can download TMBG music videos? ------------------------------ From: echuss@notes.cc.bellcore.com Message-ID: <852565B5.00712812.00@notes950.cc.bellcore.com> Date: Tue, 24 Feb 1998 15:45:33 -0500 Subject: TMBG: Assassin for hire... I'm not interested in becoming an ambassador or anything but I will offer my services as TMBG's official assassin. If you are not declared/elected ambassador to your state/city/town/zip code/dorm room then let me know. For a nominal fee (like an original copy of the Dr. Spock's Back Up Band CD or the Demo Tape) I would be willing to "knock off" the person who has been declared/elected ambassador. I would probably use something heavy and pointed and strike them with it in the back of the neck, preferably in a graveyard. If you are interested please call toll-free 1-877-555-TMBG (serious inquiries only). :-) Erik ------------------------------ Date: Tue, 24 Feb 1998 14:22:43 -0700 (MST) From: J Kuemmerle Subject: Re: TMBG: videos Message-ID: On Wed, 25 Feb 1998, Arvin Ganesan wrote: > Does anyone know where I can download TMBG music videos? i know that you can find fragments of TMBG music videos in .mov format, (and, unfortunately, not the best quality) at tmbg.com... if i remember correctly, most of them are in the section represented by the tumbling LP. but don't forget the 'dr. worm' and 'i am not your broom' bits in the beef section, under 'giant cam'... (my personal favorites from the bunch!) i do not know off the top of my head of other sites. --jim kuemmerle, who is a snowman with protective rubber skin. j.kuemmerle@m.cc.utah.edu http://www.geocities.com/soho/gallery/4668/ ------------------------------ Message-Id: <199802242158.NAA20817@geocities.com> From: "Joel Gedalius" Subject: RE: TMBG: videos Date: Tue, 24 Feb 1998 16:58:34 -0500 Go to my website http://members.aol.com/YOEL97/they/ and click on the video link to go to my TMBG video page. If you have IE4.0 go anyway as my site is now chock full of IE4.0 content and I'm just excitied. Joel "I am a broom in bondage" Gedalius ^T^M^B^G^ http://jew.base.org/they/ Joel G (list memeber 10/96-6/97 & 2/98-?/??) > -----Original Message----- > From: owner-tmbg-list@ufp.org [mailto:owner-tmbg-list@ufp.org]On Behalf > Of J Kuemmerle > Sent: Tuesday, February 24, 1998 4:23 PM > To: The TMBG Mailing List > Subject: Re: TMBG: videos > > > On Wed, 25 Feb 1998, Arvin Ganesan wrote: > > > Does anyone know where I can download TMBG music videos? > > i know that you can find fragments of TMBG music videos in .mov format, > (and, unfortunately, not the best quality) at tmbg.com... if i remember > correctly, most of them are in the section represented by the tumbling LP. > but don't forget the 'dr. worm' and 'i am not your broom' bits in the beef > section, under 'giant cam'... (my personal favorites from the bunch!) > > i do not know off the top of my head of other sites. > > --jim kuemmerle, who is a snowman with protective rubber skin. > > j.kuemmerle@m.cc.utah.edu > http://www.geocities.com/soho/gallery/4668/ > ------------------------------ Date: Tue, 24 Feb 1998 15:12:21 -0700 Subject: TMBG: announcing STUMPBOX 3!!! Message-ID: <19980224.151225.16542.0.TMBgirl@juno.com> From: tmbgirl@juno.com (Joda: Master of Yedi) hEY HEy! i'm posting this to both tmbg mailing lists and the musings board... i know there's a newsgroup or something out there so if you could please pass the word along... since i have a grip o TMBG bootlegs i've taken it upon myself to create a new stumpbox... if you have any covers performed by TMBG or anything that would fit on this tape (that is not listed below and is not already on stumpbox one or two) pleasepleaseplease get in touch with me ASAP so we can get it on the tape! so far here's what's gonna be on it (not in any order at all!): -You are my sunshine : 4/24/92 -I've learned the value of human sacrifice : 4/29/97 -Rudolph the red nosed reindeer : 12/27/96 -For Your Love : 6/21/96 -Lullabies to Nightmares : 5/1/93 -School's out for the summer (alice cooper): 1/2/97 -stayin alvie: 9/19/96 -Auld Lang Syne : 12/31/89 -oddball : 9/19.96 -gas mask : 9/13/97 -o tannenbaum : 12/18/97 -Truman : 9/12/97 -William Henry Harrison : 9/5/97 -I've been to paradise : 11/2/97 -Kumbaya : 11/2/97 -row row row your boat : 11/2/97 -frere jacques : 11/2/97 -the sign (ace of base) : 11/6/97 -georgie girl (the seekers) : 12/4/97 [possibly 12/18 version] APES PENTAD: -escape from : 11/6/97 -return to : 11/20/97 -battle for : 12/4/97 -Conquest of : 12/4/97 -planet of the apes : 12/18/97 it may possibly include the following: -factory showroom song -particle man as performed by frank black -Birdhouse in your soul as performed by mike viola -NYC live, flans only -cd skipping version of shoehorn -cd skipping version of the statue got me high oh yeah... if you have a suggestion for the title let me know... so far people have suggested: 1. Stumpbox 3: blast your missive 2. Stumpbox 3: scream it out 3. Stumpbox 3: the ceaseless screaming take it easy, JOrdaN http://www2.netcom.com/~arnot/joda/bootlegs.html ***Now, with...: punctuation - (for easy); reading!*** _____________________________________________________________________ You don't need to buy Internet access to use free Internet e-mail. Get completely free e-mail from Juno at http://www.juno.com Or call Juno at (800) 654-JUNO [654-5866] ------------------------------ Message-ID: <34F33B55.6920A6BE@mix-net.net> Date: Tue, 24 Feb 1998 17:27:52 -0400 From: CCampbell Subject: TMBG:TMBG On Bar/None Sampler [Unknown MIME type or encoding (text/html), contents not processed] ------------------------------ Date: Tue, 24 Feb 1998 15:41:42 -0700 Subject: TMBG: suggestions Message-ID: <19980224.154403.16542.2.TMBgirl@juno.com> From: tmbgirl@juno.com (Joda: Master of Yedi) okie... i've already gotten suggestions for the following... 1. alterna-ng, the alternative version of ana-ng as performed on 12/11/97 at the mercury lounge (check out TDK's page... he just put it up there i think) 2. flansburgh singing Polk (hey it's a cover more or less!) 9/23/96 let me know of any others! :) take it easy, JOrdaN : the official ambassador of TMBG bootlegs :) http://www2.netcom.com/~arnot/joda/bootlegs.html _____________________________________________________________________ You don't need to buy Internet access to use free Internet e-mail. Get completely free e-mail from Juno at http://www.juno.com Or call Juno at (800) 654-JUNO [654-5866] ------------------------------ Date: Tue, 24 Feb 1998 17:57:18 -0500 (EST) From: Elizabeth Esswein Subject: Re: TMBG: college shows? Message-ID: On Tue, 24 Feb 1998, Matthew James wrote: > I was curious whether anyone knew the ratio of general admission college > shows to those that only allow students? Since TMBG are making a stop > at CUA in DC instead of the 9:30 Club I'm a bit worried they may only > allow students. At least I can get the metro as university shows don't > generally go very late. > Thanks for any info, > Matt I'm not sure if shows at Catholic are students only, but I think I've been over there before, so perhaps they aren't. I know this is the case here at Georgetown. Elizabeth "Sanity is really just a one-trick pony. All you get is rational thinking. But when you're crazy, the sky's the limit!" ------------------------------ Message-Id: <3.0.1.32.19980224182858.00695bc0@pop.indy.net> Date: Tue, 24 Feb 1998 18:28:58 -0500 From: rachel Subject: Re: SemiTMBG: Maine/ list uselessness At 10:09 PM 2/22/98 EST, you wrote: >hi. > >i would like to nominate myself as a TMBG president, however, the >communist state in which i live in prevents any such thing. > >i think it's time for an uprising amongst the villagers. > >adam schaaf, "yes, lisa, but in theory, communism works. in theory." > > of course communism works! >bogarts in cincinnati--must hold somewhere along the lines of a thousand >people, and it was packed in november when They came. i hope that's enough >for them to return--i've only seen 'em once in concert. > >sigh.. > >sirjay > i've seen 'em at bogarts twice and they are always good there. nothing, however, can beat the time i saw them at purdue. not only was it free but it was raining. flans kept threatening to stick his guitar out in the rain while it was plugged in. funny stuff. lovies, rachel ps: in reference to "list uselessness" i for one found the posts in question to be quite entertaining! and i would declare myself tmbg ambasador for indianna except i don't want anyone to know i live here. yuck! ------------------------------ Message-Id: <1.5.4.32.19980224234145.0067f65c@Cybnetonline.com> Date: Tue, 24 Feb 1998 17:41:45 -0600 From: "The Lil' Depressed Boy" Subject: Re: NON-TMBG: Soul Coughing I myself looooove soul coughing, Their song True Dreams of Wichita, got me through my days (3 months exactly) in the Evil place of Indy. Hey, and they must of Inadvertantly got me into TMBG!!! I didn't start getting into TMBG until I got back to Kansas! Ooooo... DROOL! I need a copy of the GAP Kids commercial on tape... Uh, I collect commercials and um stuff... LDB At 01:20 PM 2/24/98 EST, Happyfroot@aol.com wrote: >I was just wondering what everyone thinks of Soul Coughing...I have heard two >songs by them & like them both. I remember TMBG & Soul Coughing did some >touring together & flans directed a video for them, so I figured there might >be a few people on this list who have opinions on them. I shall soon be going >on a CD-buying extravanganza, So, EMail me with your opinions! Thank you! > >Also, it seems I didn't get a new TMBG-list-digest today. It's probably just >AOL being dumb...weird.... > >jason "capt. profanity" glastetter > > > -- (this site cuts the amount of URL's I put in my Sig) My Web Page Index: http://www.cybnetonline.com/users/njack/ TMBG | D.U.M.B. NEWS | Mr. Gone Font ------------------------------ Message-ID: <34F35F99.10B4@geocities.com> Date: Tue, 24 Feb 1998 16:02:33 -0800 From: Vladimir Drakul Subject: Re: TMBG: ambassadors, : NOT VERY TMBG Jason Loss wrote: > > Well, I'm the ambassador to Illinois then, noone else has taken it.. Oh yeah? I've got Washington State. "TMBG CONTENTO: You know what would help TMBG gain popularity? Neither do I." -Mike Leffel -- Vladimir Drakul -- http://www.geocities.com/SiliconValley/Heights/7343/ ******************************************************************* "Is everything normal now?" "And crawling on the "Well, he hasn't got planet's face... some religious mania, and he's called the Human Race. not running around in a Lost in time, and lost circle spouting Gilbert in space... and Sullivan, so I guess ...and meaning." he's normal." ------------------------------ Message-ID: <34F352EC.D7019997@mix-net.net> Date: Tue, 24 Feb 1998 19:08:30 -0400 From: CCampbell Subject: TMBG: Re:Ambassador To Maine Andy Nich0ls wrote: > On Tue, 24 Feb 1998 17:27:52 -0400 CCampbell > writes: > > >
-Chris "Feeny" Campbell > >
Ambassador To Maine, The "Hell From Above" > > > > > > Whoa, whoa, whoa. Hold up. Who voted you in? I've > received many letters voting me into office for Maine. In case you > hadn't read it yet, I've already sent in my acceptance speech. So as you > can see, we have a dilemma. I was voted in, you weren't. Going by the > rules, that means I am Ambassador to Maine. I suppose you could have > another title if you really wanted a position in my cabinet that badly. > How does "Senior Assistant to Mr. Ambassador Nichols" sound? You could > really go places with that on you're resume; like right back out the > door. If you accept the position as my assistant you must apologize to > the people on the list for saying you were the Ambassador. If you decide > to decline, there's always next year but I will be running for > re-election so you would be in for a pretty rough time. So it's up to > you. > > Andy Nichols TMBG Ambassador to Maine > > _____________________________________________________________________ > You don't need to buy Internet access to use free Internet e-mail. > Get completely free e-mail from Juno at http://www.juno.com > Or call Juno at (800) 654-JUNO [654-5866] Hey hey HEY! last i knew, I was the ambassador to the small little state of Maine Since when have you been the Ambassador??? If we can't decide on who is ambassading, we should co-ambass, sound ok? -Chris "Feeny" Campbell CO-ambassador to Maine ------------------------------ Date: Mon, 23 Feb 1998 17:40:07 -0500 Subject: Re: SemiTMBG: Maine Message-ID: <19980223.174010.6598.0.johnhenry5@juno.com> From: johnhenry5@juno.com (Andy Nich0ls) Now that I'm TMBG Ambassador to Maine, I have decided to put to use my new power. Of course with any good politician, I've already been involved in many scandals which cannot be printed. But seriously....... I really have been doing good things. I tell my friends and everyone (if they care or not) new info about TMBG when I hear it on this list. I'd like to thank all the hundreds of thousands of people that voted for me. (Ha ha ha) Andy Nichols TMBG Ambassador to Maine "Can't shake the Devil's hand and say you're only kidding" TMBG _____________________________________________________________________ You don't need to buy Internet access to use free Internet e-mail. Get completely free e-mail from Juno at http://www.juno.com Or call Juno at (800) 654-JUNO [654-5866] ------------------------------ Message-Id: <1.5.4.32.19980225001527.00687e9c@Cybnetonline.com> Date: Tue, 24 Feb 1998 18:15:27 -0600 From: "The Lil' Depressed Boy" Subject: Re: TMBG: Re:Ambassador To Maine Get one more of you guys, you can dump the whole idea of ambasaders and start the TMBG Tribunal of Maine, at the top of the charts, has broke my evil heart... LDB >> >
-Chris "Feeny" Campbell >> >
Ambassador To Maine, The "Hell From Above" >> > >> > >> >> Whoa, whoa, whoa. Hold up. Who voted you in? I've >> received many letters voting me into office for Maine. In case you >> hadn't read it yet, I've already sent in my acceptance speech. So as you >> can see, we have a dilemma. I was voted in, you weren't. Going by the >> rules, that means I am Ambassador to Maine. I suppose you could have >> another title if you really wanted a position in my cabinet that badly. >> How does "Senior Assistant to Mr. Ambassador Nichols" sound? You could >> really go places with that on you're resume; like right back out the >> door. If you accept the position as my assistant you must apologize to >> the people on the list for saying you were the Ambassador. If you decide >> to decline, there's always next year but I will be running for >> re-election so you would be in for a pretty rough time. So it's up to >> you. > > Hey hey HEY! last i knew, I was the ambassador to the small little state >of Maine >Since when have you been the Ambassador??? If we can't decide on who is >ambassading, we should co-ambass, sound ok? -- (this site cuts the amount of URL's I put in my Sig) My Web Page Index: http://www.cybnetonline.com/users/njack/ TMBG | D.U.M.B. NEWS | Mr. Gone Font ------------------------------ Date: Tue, 24 Feb 1998 17:52:19 -0700 Subject: TMBG: stumpbox 3 update/disclaimer Message-ID: <19980224.175221.16542.8.TMBgirl@juno.com> From: tmbgirl@juno.com (Joda: Master of Yedi) hEY HEy! here are some suggestions/concerns i've been sent... >#1- I don't know if the guy that originated it is still around okay what i've heard is that one guy made stumpbox 1 and then someone totally unrelated made stumpbox 2... thus it wasn't an ongoing project for the guy... i definately wouldn't want to be stepping on anyones toes and taking over their lil project... >#2- Most of the tracks that you proposed to put on the tape were not >covers. >The few that were, weren't really entire songs. This was the problem >with >Stumpbox 2. see that's the thing... i found absolutely nothing to be wrong with stumpbox two... it wasn't meant to be exactly like S1... nor is S3 meant to be exactly like either S1 or S2... ****what was compiled was just random live songs that you won't find on their albums, on DAS, or possibly hear them doing ever again**** it's just here to recognize what they're doing in concerts now-a-days :) as far as the suggestions and additons go (this doesn't mean they'll end up on the tape): 1. alterna-ng, the alternative version of ana-ng as performed on 12/11/97 at the mercury lounge (check out TDK's page... he just put it up there i think) 2. flansburgh singing Polk (hey it's a cover more or less!) 9/23/96 3. jukebox : 8/28/89 4. happy birthday as performed on 9/23/92 5. Thank you : 3/19/97 6. Moshing speech to audience on 10/19/97 7. CD skipping version of the famous polka 3/28/96 take it easy, JOrdaN http://www2.netcom.com/~arnot/joda/bootlegs.html ***Now, with...: punctuation - (for easy); reading!*** _____________________________________________________________________ You don't need to buy Internet access to use free Internet e-mail. Get completely free e-mail from Juno at http://www.juno.com Or call Juno at (800) 654-JUNO [654-5866] ------------------------------ Message-ID: <19980225005752.11045.qmail@hotmail.com> From: "Philbert Parka" Subject: TMBG: Holy Cow! (not a Harry Caray tribute) Date: Tue, 24 Feb 1998 16:57:52 PST Holy Cow(town)! 81 new messages? That's a lot of new messages! Although I haven't checked my account for a day, that's still a ton of mother-grabbin' messages! It's a very talkative group, this list. And the downside is that, being obsessive-compulsive (not officially, but I hope to get my diploma soon) I have to read every one of them! I get out for once in my life, and this is what happens, Philby "You know what's really weird, about me? I have leg hair, but I don't have chest hair."--Ben Katz ______________________________________________________ Get Your Private, Free Email at http://www.hotmail.com ------------------------------ From: ABJARI@aol.com Message-ID: <1ee57535.34f36df9@aol.com> Date: Tue, 24 Feb 1998 20:03:09 EST Subject: Re: TMBG: Re:Ambassador To Maine In a message dated 98-02-24 19:11:16 EST, ccampbell@mix-net.net writes: << Hey hey HEY! last i knew, I was the ambassador to the small little state of Maine Since when have you been the Ambassador??? If we can't decide on who is ambassading, we should co-ambass, sound ok? -Chris "Feeny" Campbell CO-ambassador to Maine >> woah. i think we're taking this a little too far, friends. sirjay ------------------------------ Message-ID: <19980225014801.23916.qmail@hotmail.com> From: "Philbert Parka" Subject: Re: TMBG: Non-TMBG, but LIST: usefulness Date: Tue, 24 Feb 1998 17:48:00 PST >in the strictest sense i can come up with, NOTHING on this list is >useful,in that it does nothing to provide me with food or shelter or >sex or thelike. >in the loosest sense i can come up with, (and this is the one that i >actually use,) EVERYTHING on this list is useful, in that it enriches >the social aspect of the listie experience. in my own experience, >the social interactions that have come from both on-list and off-list >communication with other listies have been the most rewarding part of >this whole thing. >somewhere in between the two extremes falls the idea that only >strictly TMBG-related posts are useful, but it isn't clear to me what >criteria would make these posts more useful than the others. (it is, >after all, just a band. a really really really good band, but a band >nonetheless.) >--jim kuemmerle, feeling like one of those guys on 'meet the press' >or 'the mclaughlin group'... I completely agree with one (or all) of the opinions expressed above, depending on the mood I'm in or how many Cheez Ballz I've had. But I myself have had trouble with the whole "I think that's stupid," "Well, I don't" thing on both this list and other newsgroups and such. The only thing I ever got out of it was a sort of gaseous build-up in my stomach, so I decided to let people say whatever they wanted and just deal with it, because it was them that said the stupid thing, and not me, so why should I care? Oh, and Jim, you couldn't possibly be from the "McLaughlin Group," because you don't have Mr. McLaughlin interrupting you every five seconds and telling you you're worng. I wish I had a coushin for this hard chair, Philby "What am I, Henry Worcestershire Sauce?"--Barry Sorbel, comedian ______________________________________________________ Get Your Private, Free Email at http://www.hotmail.com ------------------------------ Message-Id: <3.0.3.32.19980224205618.006a16d8@mail.clemson.edu> Date: Tue, 24 Feb 1998 20:56:18 -0500 From: Adam Tyner Subject: Re: TMBG:TMBG On Bar/None Sampler [Unknown MIME type or encoding (text/enriched), contents not processed] ------------------------------ From: WeirdGiant@aol.com Message-ID: <6966b8ae.34f379fa@aol.com> Date: Tue, 24 Feb 1998 20:54:38 EST Subject: Re: non-TMBG: Ambassadorship I'm surprised noone has taken the position of TMBG ambassador for Pennsylvania! So I'll take the job!! By the way, is anyone actually keeping track of this? To keep things slightly TMBG related: does anyone know of a good site to get accordian cords to some of Their songs? I just got my accordian the other day and all I can play right now is Subliminal and Istanbul. Thanks, Ryan "Tintin" Leach ------------------------------ From: ForScience@aol.com Message-ID: Date: Tue, 24 Feb 1998 20:54:41 EST Subject: Re: TMBG:TMBG On Bar/None Sampler In a message dated 98-02-24 17:31:23 EST, ccampbell@mix-net.net writes: << Ayone have this??? What song(s) do TMBG have on it? >> yea, i have it, it has Hello Radio, We're the replacements, and Nightgown of the Sullen Moon on it, theres also a song by Otis Ball & the Chains called Walk on Water and They sing back up on it, and the Brian Dewan song 99 cops, definitely worth 4 dollars (well thats what i paid for it) in my opinion...... Amber ------------------------------ Message-Id: <199802250205.VAA06889@ussenterprise.ufp.org> Date: Tue, 24 Feb 1998 20:04:53 -0600 From: Mitchell Harding Subject: Re: non-TMBG: Ambassadorship At 08:54 PM 2/24/98 -0500, you wrote: >I'm surprised noone has taken the position of TMBG ambassador for >Pennsylvania! So I'll take the job!! By the way, is anyone actually keeping >track of this? Of course. John and John are diligently scribbling it all down, since they no doubt need to know whom they should contact when they visit a given state. >To keep things slightly TMBG related: does anyone know of a good site to get >accordian cords to some of Their songs? I just got my accordian the other day >and all I can play right now is Subliminal and Istanbul. Wait? Actual TMBG content? I must be dreaming... Hooray. Mitcharf "I've gone mad -- mad with my moderate amount of power!" ------------------------------ Message-ID: <19980225021655.14672.qmail@hotmail.com> From: "Philbert Parka" Subject: Re: TMBG: ambassadors, : NOT VERY TMBG Date: Tue, 24 Feb 1998 18:16:55 PST >Oh yeah? I've got Washington State. Well then, I suppose I'll be the ambassador to the parts of Washington State that you don't want to go to [i.e., LynnHood (where I live)]. I'm not afraid , I'm not! Over, under, in and out, that's what shoe tying's all about, Philby "Friends are only friends when it suits them."--Arnold Rimmer, 2nd technician and all-around gimboid of the mining ship "Red Dwarf" ______________________________________________________ Get Your Private, Free Email at http://www.hotmail.com ------------------------------ Message-ID: <19980225023401.5637.qmail@hotmail.com> From: "Philbert Parka" Subject: TMBG: We've all got things in common... Date: Tue, 24 Feb 1998 18:34:01 PST Or at least some of you have things in common with me, like the person who's also a MSTie, the guy who also lives in Washington, and the other fellow sarcastic ones out there, and practically everyone else, since they like TMBG....I guess the point that I'm getting at is... Hey, whatever happened to Ruprecht? As you know, I've been away, so I don't know much...(I don't know much anyway, but that's beside the point) Also, I'd like to add that this list is the best discussion group I've been on, mostly because of the cool people, but also because not once have I heard, "Philby?? What are you, some sort of freak or something?" To which the answer is, yes, I am. I've got nothing better to do, so why not be a little "abnormal?" Philby, who does not drip with sarcasm; it's more of a fine, morning dew of sarcasm. "I'd rather be in Las Vegas 114 (degrees) than New York 90 (degrees). You know why? Legalized prostitution. That takes the edge off anything."--Ray Romano, comedian and star of a (ugh) CBS sitcom ______________________________________________________ Get Your Private, Free Email at http://www.hotmail.com ------------------------------ Message-Id: <3.0.1.32.19980223155237.00692180@pop.indy.net> Date: Mon, 23 Feb 1998 15:52:37 -0500 From: rachel Subject: Re: SemiTMBG: Maine/ list uselessness At 10:09 PM 2/22/98 EST, you wrote: >hi. > >i would like to nominate myself as a TMBG president, however, the >communist state in which i live in prevents any such thing. > >i think it's time for an uprising amongst the villagers. > >adam schaaf, "yes, lisa, but in theory, communism works. in theory." > > of course communism works! >bogarts in cincinnati--must hold somewhere along the lines of a thousand >people, and it was packed in november when They came. i hope that's enough >for them to return--i've only seen 'em once in concert. > >sigh.. > >sirjay > i've seen 'em at bogarts twice and they are always good there. nothing, however, can beat the time i saw them at purdue. not only was it free but it was raining. flans kept threatening to stick his guitar out in the rain while it was plugged in. funny stuff. lovies, rachel ps: in reference to "list uselessness" i for one found the posts in question to be quite entertaining! and i would declare myself tmbg ambasador for indianna except i don't want anyone to know i live here. yuck! ------------------------------ End of tmbg-list Digest #3-419 ******************************