Errors-To: owner-tmbg-digest@tmbg.org Reply-To: tmbg-digest@tmbg.org Sender: owner-tmbg-digest@tmbg.org Precedence: bulk From: owner-tmbg-digest@tmbg.org To: tmbg-digest@tmbg.org Subject: tmbg-list Digest #3-421 tmbg-list Digest, Volume 3, Number 421 Friday, 27 February 1998 Today's Topics: TMBG: To share, from Restless Records re: TMBG Live TMBG: Re: Troy TMBG: Shirt Mess TMBG: Re: stumpbox3 TMBG: Stumpbox: Metalica Covers Non-TMBG:Buckaroo Banzai Re: Non-TMBG:Buckaroo Banzai Semi-TMBG: Madagascar Administrivia: If you wish to unsubscribe from this mailing send mail to tmbg-digest-request@tmbg.org for instructions on how to be automatically removed. --------------------------------------------------------------------- The views expressed herein are those of the individual authors. --------------------------------------------------------------------- tmbg-list is digested with Digest 3.3d (John Relph ). ---------------------------------------------------------------------- Message-ID: <34F527A6.A55854ED@oursquare.com> Date: Thu, 26 Feb 1998 02:28:22 -0600 From: Neal Shankman Subject: TMBG: To share, from Restless Records re: TMBG Live Hey all, De-lurking for a moment to relate the following slightly depressing correspondence from the Restless Records media contact in the wake of their announcement of the long-awaited live album, sans release date: "...The record is not yet in production-we don't schedule a release until we have something close to a finished product. I do update the website with release dates so as soon as we have one it will be up. It will most likely be out in the fall..." Ergo, all of us have plenty of time to save a little from our allowances each week before we trek down to the general CD store and empty our piggy-banks onto the pork-barrel. And my sincerest apologies if I missed a similar announcement, despite searching the list archives at tmbg.org like a responsible listizen. regards, Neal Shankman "Questions are a burden to others, answers a prison for one's self." ------------------------------ Message-ID: <19980226140035.10645.qmail@hotmail.com> From: "Kevin Shiner" Subject: TMBG: Re: Troy Date: Thu, 26 Feb 1998 06:00:35 PST >Troy is near Albany...essentially the part of New York just west of >Massachusetts (Rensselaer County). Hope that helps. Sara ><,'> > much obliged....now if only i could figure out a way to get from the culinary institute to Troy NY without a car??? shiner... ______________________________________________________ Get Your Private, Free Email at http://www.hotmail.com ------------------------------ From: echuss@notes.cc..com Message-ID: <852565B7.004DBDC5.00@notes950.cc.bellcore.com> Date: Thu, 26 Feb 1998 09:32:15 -0500 Subject: TMBG: Shirt Mess >Has anyone ever spilled some really >nasty stuff on their TMBG shirt(s)? I had a seagull drop a "load" on my brand new John Henry Shirt a few years ago. You should have seen the looks I got from people as I went running down the beach screaming "You Bastard!" at the seagull. In case you are wondering, I never did catch the seagull. Damn gravity. Eventually I just shrugged it off and figured the seagull to be a disgruntled "metalhead". Erik ------------------------------ From: KdsInThHal Message-ID: <5491c87d.34f591fc@aol.com> Date: Thu, 26 Feb 1998 11:02:01 EST Subject: TMBG: Re: stumpbox3 In a message dated 2/26/98 2:33:22 AM, you wrote: >5) The Mike Leffel Tribute Album Mike Leffel's Life Savings!! ;D sarah -- http://lava.home.ml.org (now in technicolour!) ------------------------------ From: Happyfroot@aol.com Message-ID: Date: Thu, 26 Feb 1998 11:23:20 EST Subject: TMBG: Stumpbox: Metalica Covers As for songs on the new stumpbox, I am currently trying to track down the rare recordings of TMBG did of a Metalica song or two...they were suppossedly recorded with a band that once opened for Them. By recorded I mean probably with a crappy little tape recorder with only about 5 people around...anyway...I am currently trying to track these down....if I find out any more I'll let you all know....I doubt I will...... jason "capt. profanity" glastetter ------------------------------ Date: Thu, 26 Feb 1998 12:26:07 -0800 (PST) From: winningh Subject: Non-TMBG:Buckaroo Banzai Message-ID: On Thu, 26 Feb 1998, Joey Groah wrote: > Joey, one Bacon degree from Corey Feldman. Let's see Jim "Buckaroo > Banzai" Kuemmerle beat that. > Huh? As a loyal BBI I demand to know the Kuemmerle connection to the Boss I obviously missed the first time it was mentioned! Sarah "will copy the BB sound track for you for free" Winningham ------------------------------ Message-ID: <34F63260.5D2F@rica.net> Date: Thu, 26 Feb 1998 22:26:24 -0500 From: Joey Groah Subject: Re: Non-TMBG:Buckaroo Banzai winningh wrote: > > On Thu, 26 Feb 1998, Joey Groah wrote: > > > Joey, one Bacon degree from Corey Feldman. Let's see Jim "Buckaroo > > Banzai" Kuemmerle beat that. > > > Huh? As a loyal BBI I demand to know the Kuemmerle connection to the Boss > I obviously missed the first time it was mentioned! > > Sarah "will copy the BB sound track for you for free" Winningham Jim is studying for a Phd., can translate music, write HTML, has a sense of humor, and routinely beats up John Lithgow. Maybe he doesn't get "spot Shingo" references, but he's darn close to that 8th dimension. Oh yes, he's close.... Joey, here there be monsters. And lizard-guys. ------------------------------ Message-ID: <34F65309.477C@stlnet.com> Date: Thu, 26 Feb 1998 23:46:04 -0600 From: Lynne Subject: Semi-TMBG: Madagascar I think I am going to appoint myself TMBG Ambassador of Madagascar... I don't live there or anything, but I feel they need to be represented. Chris The Self-Appointed TMBG Ambassador of Madagascar chrisl@stlnet.com P.S. - Any TMBG listees out there from St. Louis?.. If so, send me an email... I'd love to talk TMBG. ------------------------------ End of tmbg-list Digest #3-421 ******************************