Errors-To: owner-tmbg-digest@tmbg.org Reply-To: tmbg-digest@tmbg.org Sender: owner-tmbg-digest@tmbg.org Precedence: bulk From: owner-tmbg-digest@tmbg.org To: tmbg-digest@tmbg.org Subject: tmbg-list Digest #3-423 tmbg-list Digest, Volume 3, Number 423 Sunday, 1 March 1998 Today's Topics: TMBG: Aqauman TMBG TMBG: list down? Re: TMBG: list down? TMBG: mostly non-tmbG Administrivia: If you wish to unsubscribe from this mailing send mail to tmbg-digest-request@tmbg.org for instructions on how to be automatically removed. --------------------------------------------------------------------- The views expressed herein are those of the individual authors. --------------------------------------------------------------------- tmbg-list is digested with Digest 3.3d (John Relph ). ---------------------------------------------------------------------- Message-ID: <34F85FAB.89D@rica.net> Date: Sat, 28 Feb 1998 14:04:11 -0500 From: Joey Groah Subject: TMBG: Aqauman TMBG I was looking at some comic book related web pages and a guy was reviewing issue #43, the current issue, I think, of Aquaman titled "They Might Be Giants." The soon-to-be-ex-wrtier Peter David has used TMBG before in comics, as someone on the list remarked about an issue of X-Factor. Unfortunately, David didn't credit TMBG with Particle Man, and I didn't get the joke, and would not have 'cause I hadn't heard Flood then. What a missed oppurtunity to name the Giants to thousands of unfamiliar readers with dispossble incomes. I don't read Aquaman, but I'm guessing it's just an in joke with no explanation of the name. Here's the page http://www.physics.ohio-state.edu/~dvandom/Rants/Feb18.html Joey, replaced his pirahna-chewed hand with a harpoon too ------------------------------ From: mjames@envy.loyola.edu (Matthew James) Message-Id: <9803010030.AA03501@envy.loyola.edu> Subject: TMBG: list down? Date: Sat, 28 Feb 1998 19:30:45 -0500 (EST) I'm wondering if the list is down, I haven't received a message in a long time. Thanks, Matt -- Matt James mjames@greed.loyola.edu Loyola College in Baltimore, MD Bruce Campbell Gazette: www.bcgazette.com ------------------------------ Date: Sat, 28 Feb 1998 22:11:51 -0600 (CST) From: Jason Loss Subject: Re: TMBG: list down? Message-ID: On Sat, 28 Feb 1998, Matthew James wrote: > I'm wondering if the list is down, I haven't received a message in a > long time. > Thanks, > Matt > -- > Matt James mjames@greed.loyola.edu > Loyola College in Baltimore, MD > Bruce Campbell Gazette: www.bcgazette.com > nah, I think it's a lag in conversation. They just aren't doing anything Jason a.k.a. Darkheart, the supreme idler, on Efnet. ___________________________________________________________________________ "Chinese people were fighting in the park, we tried to help them fight, noone appreciated that." They Might Be Giants, Purple Toupee "1-2-3-4!!" Ramones, any song, choose your favorite. "YOU GO TO HELL, YOU GO TO HELL AND YOU DIE!!!" Mr. Hat - South Park OFFICIAL TMBG AMBASSADOR TO ILLINOIS!!!! ___________________________________________________________________________ ------------------------------ Message-ID: <19980301051835.5205.qmail@hotmail.com> From: "Charles Hodges" Subject: TMBG: mostly non-tmbG Date: Sat, 28 Feb 1998 21:18:34 PST was out of town for carnaval (known to you as mardi graS. it's a really big party herE. the whole country stops for a weeK.) so i just got caught up on my e-maiL. once again, if some of the references are stale, please bear with me (or just skip the rest of this e-maiL... whateveR) 1) as official ambassador of recife and (until i have competition) of all brazil and (should i be so darinG?) south americA... no, i don't speak spanish, so i'll leave the rest of south america to the next takeR... well, so, ambassador of braziL. i want my free harmonicA 2) where can i download a program with which i can play mp3'S? how does this worK? somebody tried explaining it to me, yet they were sadly unsuccessfuL. the freer the betteR 3) i really dig soul coughing, but i'll still stick with "ruby vrooM." i love every song on it, especially "true dreams of wichita" and "uh zoom zip" (which is a great song title, toO) 4) philby, what are you, some sort of freak or somehtinG? 5) if i may be so daring (considering what a newbie i still am, and how ignorant in the subject matter i'm about to get intO...) i'd like to humbly suggest a threaD: which songs do we think tmbg should cover on an albuM? my personal vote goes to the song about abraham lincoln in that movie "holiday inN" (i think that's the name of the filM. it's the same one that has "white christmaS" in iT). it's as tmbgish a song as i have ever seen, not being written by either of the johns (although it may have been written by another johN...) it's a historical song, like "james k. polk" and a song featured in a movie, like "we've got a world that swingS" well, for what it's worth, there're my two cents (they're sure not worth two cents, thougH) HW (r) aka platybuS aka enjauladO, who, speaking of covers, would like to see ben folds five (even though i've never heard them, but have heard much about theM) do a loung cover of nine inch nails' "happiness in slaverY" ---------- cd listened to while composing this missive: the velvet underground's "peel slowly and see" disc 2 (the best onE) "be like your ancestors or be differenT. it doesn't matteR." - devO ______________________________________________________ Get Your Private, Free Email at http://www.hotmail.com ------------------------------ End of tmbg-list Digest #3-423 ******************************