Errors-To: owner-tmbg-digest@tmbg.org Reply-To: tmbg-digest@tmbg.org Sender: owner-tmbg-digest@tmbg.org Precedence: bulk From: owner-tmbg-digest@tmbg.org To: tmbg-digest@tmbg.org Subject: tmbg-list Digest #4-425 tmbg-list Digest, Volume 4, Number 425 Tuesday, 3 March 1998 Today's Topics: TMBG: 1/17 NPR appearance TMBG: 100%TMBG-new live album TMBG:NPR TMBG: tmbg dream #5 Re: TMBG: tmbg dream #5 Re: TMBG: 100%TMBG-new live album TMBG: New album? Re: TMBG: tmbg dream #5 Re: TMBG: tmbg dream #5 TMBG: Orlando Re: TMBG: Orlando Administrivia: If you wish to unsubscribe from this mailing send mail to tmbg-digest-request@tmbg.org for instructions on how to be automatically removed. --------------------------------------------------------------------- The views expressed herein are those of the individual authors. --------------------------------------------------------------------- tmbg-list is digested with Digest 3.3d (John Relph ). ---------------------------------------------------------------------- Date: Mon, 2 Mar 1998 09:40:03 -0700 Subject: TMBG: 1/17 NPR appearance Message-ID: <19980302.094009.11126.3.TMBgirl@juno.com> From: tmbgirl@juno.com (Joda: Master of Yedi) hEY HEy! TMBG's january 17th NPR appearance is in real audio format at: http://www.kcrw.org/c/tamlife/tamlisten.html you can buy a copy of the show by calling : (312)832-3380 or you could just find a bootleg trader out there that will dub it for you for blank tapes... take it easy, JOrdaN http://www2.netcom.com/~arnot/joda/bootlegs.html ***Now, with...: punctuation - (for easy); reading!*** _____________________________________________________________________ You don't need to buy Internet access to use free Internet e-mail. Get completely free e-mail from Juno at http://www.juno.com Or call Juno at (800) 654-JUNO [654-5866] ------------------------------ Message-Id: <199803021826.NAA05665@sable.cc.vt.edu> Date: Mon, 02 Mar 1998 13:31:32 +0500 From: higs Subject: TMBG: 100%TMBG-new live album Hey, this is the first time I've written to the list, even though i've been on the list for a month. and the first time is always special. Anyway, in response to the new TMBG live album posted on the Restless "Press Room" page, i e-mailed one of the guys at Restless and he said that the release date has not yet been posted. so, if there really is a new album coming out in a couple of weeks, it's not the live one. By the way, where did whoever first posted that mesage about the new ablum get his/her information from? As far as i know, tmbg.com and tmbg.org haven't been updated in months. one would think that if They were really releasing an album in 2 weeks, the official sites would have posted it by now. just wondering... ------------------------------ Message-ID: <34FB036D.CEBAB8A7@mix-net.net> Date: Mon, 02 Mar 1998 15:07:27 -0400 From: CfeenyC Subject: TMBG:NPR Ummmm, I found the TMBG thing on "this american life", titled "telephone" I thinks thats the right one, Were is TMBG? its an hour long, and I'd rather listen to A18 Im lazy! -Chris "Feeny" Campbell Thank You ------------------------------ Message-Id: <3.0.1.32.19980302153603.0068f5e4@pop.indy.net> Date: Mon, 02 Mar 1998 15:36:03 -0500 From: rachel Subject: TMBG: tmbg dream #5 being a tmbg fan for quite a few years now i always get excited when i have a dream about them because for some reason it doesn't happen very often. actually i think the last dream i had about them was before factory showroom came out. anywho, this dream was extra special cuz it was sort of a revelation concerning their live album, even though i'm sure it will be nothing like this. it was weird for many reasons, mostly because my brother was driving my car and he had the tape playing before i got in and i don't think he really likes them much. we were going someplace though so i only had a chance to hear 3 songs, sorry. and they were, in this order, sleeping in the flowers, shoehorn with teeth and unrelated thing. the coolest part was that in between the songs were bits from fingertips. also, flans was singing unrelated thing and totally messed up the lyrics. they were just so incredibly obscure- something about a boat with holes in it. whew! sometimes i have these delusions where people are actually reading my posts. imagine that! however, if you've made it this far i'd love to hear about tmbg dreams other people have had. sometimes my friends and i have similar ones. kooky. lovies, rachel ------------------------------ Message-Id: Date: Mon, 2 Mar 98 15:43 EST From: kbrodbec@remcen.ehhs.cmich.edu (Kirsten Brodbeck) Subject: Re: TMBG: tmbg dream #5 This reminds me - wasn't there a TMBG dream webpage a while back? Is it still around? Kirsten -- ______________________________________________________________________________ "How can I believe in God when just last week I got my tongue caught in the roller of an electric typewriter?" - Woody Allen *kbrodbec@remcen.ehhs.cmich.edu*Kirsten Brodbeck*AKA Crow ------------------------------ From: Strawbos69 Message-ID: Date: Mon, 2 Mar 1998 16:34:32 EST Subject: Re: TMBG: 100%TMBG-new live album In a message dated 98-03-02 16:24:39 EST, hsimpson@son.edu writes: << By the way, where did whoever first posted that mesage about the new ablum get his/her information from? >> ***read the bottom line**** www.restless.com PRESS UPCOMING RELEASES Feb. 10th - Original Score (Restless)- Score to Dangerous Beauty by George Fenton Feb. 23th - Hi-Town Djs (Restless Soul) - Ding-A-Ling Single Mar. 24th - Hi-Town Djs (Restless Soul) - We Came To Groove Mar. 24th - The Golden Palominos (Restless) - remixes title TBA Apr. 24th - Suncatcher (Restless) - The Girl that God Forgot May 19th - Perfect - title TBA also They Might Be Giants Live, The Golden Palominos, and Hate Dept. ************************************ A recent inquiry resulted in a response from one of the folks at Restless, said that no release date has been scheduled, but it would probably be this Fall, futhermore that it will be a live album. There was alot of taping at the Mercury Lounge shows this past Nov. and Dec. for that purpose. "Safety first, Conga second, Conga third" ------------------------------ From: Shaft137 Message-ID: <62b26cac.34fb2ecc@aol.com> Date: Mon, 2 Mar 1998 17:12:25 EST Subject: TMBG: New album? hi. could it be that someone might have mistaken the new Mono Puff album for the new TMBG album? there's been no news that They found a new label. With the new tour dates and this being an even year, we're expecting a new album. John Henry and FS came out in late 94 and 96. Insect Hospital or whatever They're calling the new record should follow that path. we should also consider that if there aren't any labels willing to pick them up, a new album will be father away than we would hope. until we hear otherwise, all we can do is sit and wait in patience (sp?) and anticipation. i hope i haven't bored anyone with this little rant. adam schaaf, is faahcs mada backwards ------------------------------ Message-ID: <34FB3405.C390BFF@ibm.net> Date: Mon, 02 Mar 1998 17:34:45 -0500 From: Robyn Miller Subject: Re: TMBG: tmbg dream #5 Kirsten Brodbeck wrote: > This reminds me - wasn't there a TMBG dream webpage a while back? > Is it still around? After a bit of searching, I found a link to the TMBDream page. It's http://www.nconnect.net/~cowking/tmbd.htm , but, alas, it is no longer active. Where did you go, Cowking? And what did you do with my dreams I submited? :( -Robyn- (ew0k) ------------------------------ From: gray42@juno.com Date: Mon, 2 Mar 1998 18:15:27 -0500 Subject: Re: TMBG: tmbg dream #5 Message-ID: <19980302.181541.9294.0.gray42@juno.com> I just recently had a dream about the John's new album. I was in a music store, looking through some CDs. I picked up the new album and looked at the cover. There was a bald anarexic pale person in a bathing suit under water, very skeleton like. with some small white fonted words hanging off to the right of the persons face. I tried to buy the CD, but I had no money with me. Mysterio Gal "They've Garble Warble Fashes" --Slartibartfast gray42@juno.com _____________________________________________________________________ You don't need to buy Internet access to use free Internet e-mail. Get completely free e-mail from Juno at http://www.juno.com Or call Juno at (800) 654-JUNO [654-5866] ------------------------------ From: MatFoley99 Message-ID: <6cd49350.34fb4207@aol.com> Date: Mon, 2 Mar 1998 18:34:29 EST Subject: TMBG: Orlando Well, Since no one else here's been saying much, I'll throw in my two cents...not that most of you care, but hey, I'm trying. Anyways, I'm gonna be at the House of Blues show in Orlando, and I was just curious if any other listees were planning on going...thanks a bunch. Chris "The only difference between the supreme court and any other court is sour cream and tomatoes," Brannan ------------------------------ Date: Mon, 02 Mar 1998 01:14:44 -0500 From: Destin Berthelot Subject: Re: TMBG: Orlando Message-id: <34FA4E54.2B7A@rollins.edu> If you're going to the HoB in Orlando, you're not going to be seeing TMBG... they're not playing there. They're playing at the Embassy on march 26th instead. On the 24th, when the HoB concert is according to ticketmaster, they'll be in jacksonville I think. I checked up thoroughly on this... I work for WPRK 91.5, the rollins college radio station, and I called our contacts to make sure. Anyway, better change them plans. See you on the 26th. Destin ------------------------------ End of tmbg-list Digest #4-425 ******************************