Errors-To: owner-tmbg-digest@tmbg.org Reply-To: tmbg-digest@tmbg.org Sender: owner-tmbg-digest@tmbg.org Precedence: bulk From: owner-tmbg-digest@tmbg.org To: tmbg-digest@tmbg.org Subject: tmbg-list Digest #4-426 tmbg-list Digest, Volume 4, Number 426 Wednesday, 4 March 1998 Today's Topics: TMBG: Re: tmbg-list Digest #4-425 TMBG: misc. t TMBG: Re: tmbg-list Digest #4-425 TMBG: Orlando (but if you live/go concerting in Cincinnati look here) (none) TMBG: Re: TMBG: Re: Re: TMBG: Re: TMBG: Re: TMBG: Re: tmbg-list Digest #4-425 Re: TMBG: Re: tmbg-list Digest #4-425 Re: TMBG: Re: TMBG: Re: TMBG: Re: TMBG: Rest Awhile TMBG: Candy Butchers NYC 3/10 Re: TMBG: 100%TMBG-new live album Re: TMBG: 100%TMBG-new live album TMBG: Mondegreens Administrivia: If you wish to unsubscribe from this mailing send mail to tmbg-digest-request@tmbg.org for instructions on how to be automatically removed. --------------------------------------------------------------------- The views expressed herein are those of the individual authors. --------------------------------------------------------------------- tmbg-list is digested with Digest 3.3d (John Relph ). ---------------------------------------------------------------------- From: FamousName Message-ID: Date: Tue, 3 Mar 1998 02:45:02 EST Subject: TMBG: Re: tmbg-list Digest #4-425 Wow!! Rachel, I had a dream that you wrot: Subject: TMBG: tmbg dream #5 being a tmbg fan for quite a few years now i always get excited when i have a dream about them because for some reason it doesn't happen very often. actually i think the last dream i had about them was before factory showroom came out. anywho, this dream was extra special cuz it was sort of a revelation concerning their live album, even though i'm sure it will be nothing like this. it was weird for many reasons, mostly because my brother was driving my car and he had the tape playing before i got in and i don't think he really likes them much. we were going someplace though so i only had a chance to hear 3 songs, sorry. and they were, in this order, sleeping in the flowers, shoehorn with teeth and unrelated thing. the coolest part was that in between the songs were bits from fingertips. also, flans was singing unrelated thing and totally messed up the lyrics. they were just so incredibly obscure- something about a boat with holes in it. whew! sometimes i have these delusions where people are actually reading my posts. imagine that! however, if you've made it this far i'd love to hear about tmbg dreams other people have had. sometimes my friends and i have similar ones. kooky. lovies, rachel but it wasn't in stereo...o...o...o joseph ------------------------------ Date: Tue, 3 Mar 1998 05:48:11 -0700 Subject: TMBG: misc. t Message-ID: <19980303.054816.12198.0.TMBgirl@juno.com> From: tmbgirl@juno.com (Joda: Master of Yedi) > one would think that if They were really releasing an >album in 2 weeks, the official sites would have posted it by now. as i've posted numerous times before the people running the official site are detards. i have a feeling that we'll be lucky if we see the album come out this year... > Were is TMBG? its an hour long it starts about 38 minutes into it... the first story is pretty cool tho... > if you've made it this far i'd love to hear >about tmbg dreams other people have had way back when didn't someone on the list compile a site for all the TMBG dreams listies had? hmm... i think the person is long gone tho... > there's been no news that They >found a new label. go look at the restless site... take it easy, JOrdaN http://www2.netcom.com/~arnot/joda/bootlegs.html ***Now, with...: punctuation - (for easy); reading!*** _____________________________________________________________________ You don't need to buy Internet access to use free Internet e-mail. Get completely free e-mail from Juno at http://www.juno.com Or call Juno at (800) 654-JUNO [654-5866] ------------------------------ From: ArwenAnaNg Message-ID: Date: Tue, 3 Mar 1998 07:56:05 EST Subject: TMBG: Re: tmbg-list Digest #4-425 In a message dated 98-03-03 02:05:18 EST, you write: << Since no one else here's been saying much, I'll throw in my two cents...not that most of you care, but hey, I'm trying. Anyways, I'm gonna be at the House of Blues show in Orlando, and I was just curious if any other listees were planning on going...thanks a bunch. >> I'll be there, too, but it's no longer at the House of Blues (which is a darned shame since I really like that venue). I bought my tickets in advance through Ticket Master Online & it said the show is at: Embassy Music Hall 5100 Adanson Street Orlando, FL 32810 (407) 629-4779 If you need directions, let me know. Arwen "wouldn't it be cool if we had our OMLT's and we could find one another?!?"" AnaNg ------------------------------ Message-ID: <34FC1A03.6843CD42@iag.net> Date: Tue, 03 Mar 1998 09:56:04 -0500 From: John Lambert Subject: TMBG: Orlando (but if you live/go concerting in Cincinnati look here) As a brand spanking (hehehe I said spanking) new Floridian... in Orlando btw... I will be attending the show @ the Embassy on the 26th. I bring the love and fellowship of the many listee fans who, for years, have converged on Bogart's in Cincinnati (Sin-Sin-Nasty for the true Ohio ppl reading this) for concert after concert after concert. I'll miss that little dump, and all the listees I left behind, but I'm going to try and schedule my trips back around They shows!!!!!!! I really hope that this Embassy place rocks and we won't have to deal with the "let's all mosh and get into fights frat-boys" who somehow confused They Might Be Giants with Anthrax or AC/DC or Skinny Puppy or something. Brother John Green Jello!!! (waves to Queen Sneepy, Ryan, Amy, and the rest of the gang!!!!) ------------------------------ Date: Tue, 3 Mar 1998 12:07:47 -0600 (GMT-0600) From: Amy Greenlese Message-ID: I was looking for a new counter for my web page and I happened across Digitmania. It has a wonderful list of digit sets you can use for counters and clocks and what should I find among the T's but a TMBG set! It's actually a set of small scanned in pictures of the various album covers, each with a different number on it. You can see it at: www.digitmania.com/all.html in the T section. So, you know what mondegreens are? I'll bet you do. It's when you hear something different than a singer is singing, like Jimi Hendrix "'Scuse me while I kiss this guy" and the Spice Girls "I really really really wanna kiss a sick ox". Now, I know lots of you have TMBG mondegreens, so let me have them! I know we've had this discussion before, but frankly I'm not patient enough to go through the archives with my 2400 baud computer and lynx web browser! Besides, I'm sure there are new people on the list since then. So let's have em! (of course now that I'm thinking about it, I can't think of any that I personally had....but I do remember Kirsten Brodbeck's "So take this Glass Suburban" from Road Movie To Berlin :) **************** Amy Greenlese :) Music Educator Extraordinare http://www2.onu.edu/~stu1336 Q: How many surrealists does it take to screw in a lightbulb? A: Two. One to hold the giraffe, and one to fill the bathtub with brightly coloured machine tools. ------------------------------ From: mr.train@juno.com Date: Wed, 4 Mar 1998 02:12:44 -0500 Subject: TMBG: Re: Message-ID: <19980304.021244.6686.0.Mr.Train@juno.com> On Tue, 3 Mar 1998 12:07:47 -0600 (GMT-0600) Amy Greenlese writes: <> >So, you know what mondegreens are? I'll bet you do. It's when you hear >something different than a singer is singing, like Jimi Hendrix >"'Scuse me while I kiss this guy" and the Spice Girls "I really really really >wanna kiss a sick ox". Now, I know lots of you have TMBG mondegreens, so let >me have them! I know we've had this discussion before, but frankly I'm >not patient enough to go through the archives with my 2400 baud computer >and lynx web browser! Besides, I'm sure there are new people on the list >since then. So let's have em! <> OK... before I get started with mine... I remember someone's friend thinking They were saying "Velveeta Train" instead of "they'll Need A Crane" So now I always sing it that way... I just like the sound of it... of course on the album it would be "AKA Train" Alright lemme go through album by album here we go.. there are really not that many... - Every movement false every Ford is once again -You're a weasel over come with glee (don't ask...) -I knew that pill was... / Too gregarious tonight -Drum trip it's not a drum trip so you feel... -I thought you said you scratch my back and I'll scratch yours Hey man, I thought you said we had a deal Well... that's all I can think of right now... those really aren't as bad as kiss the guy and such... but I guess that's good that we can understand these guys! Tim, zig-ah zig-ah Miscellaneous Tim AKA TMB(do)G AKA Tambo (IRC) AKA Mr.Train (OML) Favorite TMBG song update: Velveeta Train Last CD purchase: Big Head todd - Beautiful World _____________________________________________________________________ You don't need to buy Internet access to use free Internet e-mail. Get completely free e-mail from Juno at http://www.juno.com Or call Juno at (800) 654-JUNO [654-5866] ------------------------------ Message-Id: <3.0.5.32.19980303150803.0087d320@pop.cwru.edu> Date: Tue, 03 Mar 1998 15:08:03 -0500 From: Jeff Roberts Subject: TMBG: Re: >"So take this Glass Suburban" from Road Movie To Berlin :) You can put me down as a second for that one. And now that I know what it really means I still prefer Glass Suburban over glass of bourbon. Jeff the Lurker "You have to sleep late when you can. And all your bad days will end." -Flaming Lips Jeff Roberts President of Foolish Mortal Enterprises The Stylishly Violent God of Time and All Things Edible jlr3@po.cwru.edu modnar@one.net Visit the stylish schlock.org at http://schlock.home.ml.org ------------------------------ From: BenMoobil Message-ID: <122ec592.34fc64be@aol.com> Date: Tue, 3 Mar 1998 15:14:51 EST Subject: Re: TMBG: Re: In a message dated 3/3/98 2:08:33 PM Central Standard Time, jlr3@po.cwru.edu writes: << >"So take this Glass Suburban" from Road Movie To Berlin :) >> me i always thought the line was apostrophe T needs destruction The Ben ------------------------------ From: gray42@juno.com Date: Tue, 3 Mar 1998 16:07:05 -0500 Subject: TMBG: Re: Message-ID: <19980303.161055.6462.1.gray42@juno.com> How about: "Hey NyQuil Driver, It's NyQuil Drivin' time" --AKA Driver-TMBG Mysterio Gal "They've Garble Warble Fashes" --Slartibartfast gray42@juno.com _____________________________________________________________________ You don't need to buy Internet access to use free Internet e-mail. Get completely free e-mail from Juno at http://www.juno.com Or call Juno at (800) 654-JUNO [654-5866] ------------------------------ From: TMBG8 Message-ID: <3f70df32.34fc79d2@aol.com> Date: Tue, 3 Mar 1998 16:44:48 EST Subject: TMBG: Re: tmbg-list Digest #4-425 Hi, i haven't ever written to this list. Um, i just wanted to say that i am working on the commmittee for RPI to host TMBG! I am wicked excited. I might have the opportunity to meet John(s), any advice on what i could possibly say to them???? I am so excited, i have to talk to them, since i am on hospitality, no one else on the concert committee understands how much i love tmbg! Any help would be appreciated! Also, i've had two tmbg dreams. Neither very interesting, but i was disappointed when i had to wake up both times. ~nora ------------------------------ From: BenMoobil Message-ID: <4b6d5047.34fc7ae6@aol.com> Date: Tue, 3 Mar 1998 16:49:20 EST Subject: Re: TMBG: Re: tmbg-list Digest #4-425 In a message dated 3/3/98 3:47:13 PM Central Standard Time, TMBG8@aol.com writes: << , any advice on what i could possibly say to them???? >> IMHO don't drool or mumble about how long you've been a fan and love them ,be yourself and try real conversation.Thats the best way not to come across as a wakkko The Ben ------------------------------ Date: Tue, 3 Mar 1998 16:10:26 -0600 (CST) From: **Tarnished Silence** Subject: Re: TMBG: Re: Message-Id: Um, those ARE the lyrics. :) Tarnished Silence 210 On Tue, 3 Mar 1998 gray42@juno.com wrote: > How about: > > "Hey NyQuil Driver, > It's NyQuil Drivin' time" > > --AKA Driver-TMBG > > Mysterio Gal > "They've Garble Warble Fashes" > --Slartibartfast > gray42@juno.com > > _____________________________________________________________________ > You don't need to buy Internet access to use free Internet e-mail. > Get completely free e-mail from Juno at http://www.juno.com > Or call Juno at (800) 654-JUNO [654-5866] > > Tarnished Silence 210 /--------------------------------------\ | knowing the dark | | mind tramples the sun | | holding the power | | it comes without sound | | | | T A R N I S H E D S I L E N C E | | tsilence@usa.net | \--------------------------------------/ "Si Hoc Legere Scis Nimium Eruditionis Habes" ------------------------------ From: gray42@juno.com Date: Tue, 3 Mar 1998 17:04:06 -0500 Subject: TMBG: Re: Message-ID: <19980303.170416.10094.1.gray42@juno.com> Whoa, how weird, I was sure I made a mistake about it. W hat a Krazee song then :P Thanx for straightening that up for me Mysterio Gal "They've Garble Warble Fashes" --Slartibartfast gray42@juno.com On Tue, 3 Mar 1998 16:10:26 -0600 (CST) **Tarnished Silence** writes: >Um, those ARE the lyrics. > >:) > >Tarnished Silence >210 > > >On Tue, 3 Mar 1998 gray42@juno.com wrote: > >> How about: >> >> "Hey NyQuil Driver, >> It's NyQuil Drivin' time" >> >> --AKA Driver-TMBG >> >> Mysterio Gal >> "They've Garble Warble Fashes" >> --Slartibartfast >> gray42@juno.com >> >> >_____________________________________________________________________ >> You don't need to buy Internet access to use free Internet e-mail. >> Get completely free e-mail from Juno at http://www.juno.com >> Or call Juno at (800) 654-JUNO [654-5866] >> >> > > >Tarnished Silence >210 > >/--------------------------------------\ >| knowing the dark | >| mind tramples the sun | >| holding the power | >| it comes without sound | >| | >| T A R N I S H E D S I L E N C E | >| tsilence@usa.net | >\--------------------------------------/ > >"Si Hoc Legere Scis Nimium Eruditionis Habes" > > _____________________________________________________________________ You don't need to buy Internet access to use free Internet e-mail. Get completely free e-mail from Juno at http://www.juno.com Or call Juno at (800) 654-JUNO [654-5866] ------------------------------ Message-ID: Date: Tue, 3 Mar 1998 17:26:54 -0500 (EST) From: Lawrence P Solomon Subject: TMBG: Re: Excerpts from internet.music.tmbg: 3-Mar-98 by Amy Greenlese > So, you know what mondegreens are? I'll bet you do. It's when you hear > something different than a singer is singing, like Jimi Hendrix "'Scuse me > while I kiss this guy" and the Spice Girls "I really really really wanna > kiss a sick ox". Now, I know lots of you have TMBG mondegreens, so let me the only one I heard wrong myself is "the trucker I encountered when I thought it was, it was a window." but I know people who have heard "I don't want the world, I just want your hat." also many different things for parts of Rhythm Section Want Ad, Spiraling Shape, and Rest Awhile. (the last one seems to produce endless ones, none of which I can remember right now) and Mr. Linnell, himself, had sung the last verse of Ana Ng with "Where the world goes by like the human hair..." Lawrence Solomon http://www.contrib.andrew.cmu.edu/~lps/ lps@andrew.cmu.edu "Everything sticks until it goes away, * This space inadvertently And the truth is we don't know anything." -TMBG * left blank. ------------------------------ From: mjames@envy.loyola.edu (Matthew James) Message-Id: <9803032303.AA05580@envy.loyola.edu> Subject: TMBG: Rest Awhile Date: Tue, 3 Mar 1998 18:03:28 -0500 (EST) > also many different things for parts of Rhythm Section Want Ad, > Spiraling Shape, and Rest Awhile. (the last one seems to produce > endless ones, none of which I can remember right now) Yes, as my girlfriend swore that last one was called 'Rusty Nail'. ;) Matt -- Matt James mjames@greed.loyola.edu Loyola College in Baltimore, MD Bruce Campbell Gazette: www.bcgazette.com ------------------------------ From: Garit RN Message-ID: <6edb7e98.34fca127@aol.com> Date: Tue, 3 Mar 1998 19:32:37 EST Subject: TMBG: Candy Butchers NYC 3/10 Hi everybody, Candy Butchers are headlining the Mercury Lounge on March 10 in New York City. Be there! 21+ only, sorry. Larry http://members.aol.com/CButchers - support the Unofficial Candy Butchers webpage. Offer FTP space. ------------------------------ Message-ID: <34FC8E21.A1FF782D@bitstream.net> Date: Tue, 03 Mar 1998 17:11:30 -0600 From: vu Subject: Re: TMBG: 100%TMBG-new live album > Anyway, in response to the new TMBG live album posted on the Restless "Press > Room" page, i e-mailed one of the guys at Restless and he said that the erm, are there any other live recordings from tmbg other than New York Live (prcd 9083-2)- no bootlegs, just elektra/bar none promo releases. > I just recently had a dream about the John's new album. I was in a music > store, looking through some CDs. I picked up the new album and looked at > the cover. There was a bald anarexic pale person in a bathing suit under > water, very skeleton like. with some small white fonted words hanging off > to the right of the persons face. I tried to buy the CD, but I had no > money with me. i think its worst when, in your dreams, you have loads of money and then you buy all these obsure cds only to wake up not owning any of them !! vu -- http://www2.bitstream.net/~sleeper ------------------------------ Message-Id: <3.0.3.32.19980303213748.0069af88@mail.clemson.edu> Date: Tue, 03 Mar 1998 21:37:48 -0500 From: Adam Tyner Subject: Re: TMBG: 100%TMBG-new live album At 05:11 PM 3/3/98 -0600, vu wrote: > >erm, are there any other live recordings from tmbg other than New York Live (prcd >9083-2)- no bootlegs, just elektra/bar none promo releases. Erm, yes, a new live album is forthcoming. They've been recording their concerts for several months for this purpose. TTYL, -Adam ------------------------------ Date: Tue, 3 Mar 1998 20:19:27 -0800 (PST) From: winningh Subject: TMBG: Mondegreens Message-ID: Everybody dies all twisted inside and that is beautiful Not really mondegreens; I found a new friend underneath my old friend Glass of milk, that is all I'm standing on today Tryptophane I was wrong/ It's an ordinary song (I joost want it to rhyme sooo much) I can't remember any TMBG dreams, my TMBG daydream is to keep Linnell as my pet rock-star on a platinum chain and feed him oatmeal...that was really disturbing that time I couldn't remember for three years whether It was a dream that Tasmanian Tigers weren't extinct after all. Imperial grand-high love consulate of the westernmost expanses Sarah Winningham ------------------------------ End of tmbg-list Digest #4-426 ******************************