Errors-To: owner-tmbg-digest@tmbg.org Reply-To: tmbg-digest@tmbg.org Sender: owner-tmbg-digest@tmbg.org Precedence: bulk From: owner-tmbg-digest@tmbg.org To: tmbg-digest@tmbg.org Subject: tmbg-list Digest #4-427 tmbg-list Digest, Volume 4, Number 427 Thursday, 5 March 1998 Today's Topics: TMBG: Meeting the Johns TMBG: misc. t : their next video, etc. Re: TMBG: misc. t : their next video, etc. Re: TMBG: Meeting the Johns TMBG: mondegreens Re: TMBG: Mondegreens Re: TMBG: mondegreens Re: TMBG: mondegreens Re: TMBG: mondegreens TMBG: Rest Awhile TMBG: South Carolina/info club CDs TMBG: Rhythm Section What Ad? Re: TMBG: mondegreens Re: TMBG: South Carolina/info club CDs Re: TMBG: mondegreens Re: TMBG: mondegreens TMBG: those weird word thingies from FS Re: TMBG: Mondegreen TMBG: Orlando to Boston? Re: TMBG: Mondegreen Re: TMBG: Orlando to Boston? TMBG: My N'degreens Re: TMBG: Orlando to Boston? Re: TMBG: mondegreens TMBG: non-tmbg bruce campbell Re: TMBG: mondegreens Re: TMBG: mondegreens Re: TMBG: Orlando to Boston? TMBG: Re: TMBG: House of Mayors SOLD OUT!!! Re: TMBG: House of Mayors SOLD OUT!!! Re: TMBG: mondegreens TMBG: TMBG Slowness. A whole lot. Re: TMBG: Mondegreen Re: TMBG: mondegreens Re: TMBG: My N'degreens Re: TMBG: 100%TMBG-new live album Administrivia: If you wish to unsubscribe from this mailing send mail to tmbg-digest-request@tmbg.org for instructions on how to be automatically removed. --------------------------------------------------------------------- The views expressed herein are those of the individual authors. --------------------------------------------------------------------- tmbg-list is digested with Digest 3.3d (John Relph ). ---------------------------------------------------------------------- From: ArwenAnaNg Message-ID: <45758c5f.34fd4a56@aol.com> Date: Wed, 4 Mar 1998 07:34:28 EST Subject: TMBG: Meeting the Johns In a message dated 98-03-04 02:07:35 EST, you write: << << , any advice on what i could possibly say to them???? >> IMHO don't drool or mumble about how long you've been a fan and love them ,be yourself and try real conversation.Thats the best way not to come across as a wakkko >> I agree with Ben. Being one of the fortunate few to meet John Flansburgh, I remember babbling incoherently about wanting follwing them around like a "Dead Head". If I could do it all again, I would have tried to not be such a "groupie". But considering I met him without warning while trying to weasel my way backstage at a concert, I guess I didn't exactly have a "prepared speech" in mind. You should have plenty of time to think about what you'll say. Good luck!! Arwen "Flasnburgh is God" AnaNg ------------------------------ Date: Wed, 4 Mar 1998 06:01:17 -0700 Subject: TMBG: misc. t : their next video, etc. Message-ID: <19980304.061036.11078.0.TMBgirl@juno.com> From: tmbgirl@juno.com (Joda: Master of Yedi) hEY HEy! > Now, I know lots of you have TMBG mondegreens, so let me >have them hmm... back before JH came out my frien and i had a big fight about AKA Driver... Whether it was "just a full days drive away" or "just a four days drive away" >-I thought you said you scratch my back and I'll scratch yours >Hey man, I thought you said we had a deal teehee... when my friend from brazil came out here the first time (as in prior to her speaking english in a somewhat fluent manner) i was playing that song and then later on that day i heard her going around singing "hey mr. DJ i thought you said you scratch my back and i'll scratch your head" >IMHO don't drool or mumble about how long you've been a fan >and love them ,be yourself and try real conversation.Thats the > best way not to come across as a wakkko teehee... yeah but when you act like a "wakkko" it's gotta be a huge self-esteem trip for them... they are after all the self-proclaimed freek magnets... plus the wierder you are the more likely it'll be that you give them something to talk about... (not with you but later on, about you...) > I picked up the new album and looked at > the cover. There was a bald anarexic pale person in a bathing suit under > water, very skeleton like that's crazy shtuff... i had this dream about their next video... there was this pale anorexic blonde chick diving into a pool (that's not so weird that i should be dreaming about diving but still....) so then she goes to the bottom of the pool and picks up these plastic action figures each representing one of the band members... pulls them up to the surface and they become life-sized dressed all funky-like (i think that came from the fact that i had just been to an aquabats show). and this chick and them are like running away from the pool... but they just end up running right back to it as if they had to be back and were pressed for time... at which point they all fly into the water, instruments and all and next thing you see are all these action figure band members sinking to the bottom of the pool... >Tryptophane I was wrong/ It's an ordinary song (I joost want >it to rhyme sooo much) heheee... i do the same thing for the MTX song "you're the only one" where it says "you're the only one for me / i tell you three or four times a day..." i always change it to "you're the only one for me / i tell you three or four time daily.." take it easy, JOrdaN http://www2.netcom.com/~arnot/joda/bootlegs.html ***Now, with...: punctuation - (for easy); reading!*** _____________________________________________________________________ You don't need to buy Internet access to use free Internet e-mail. Get completely free e-mail from Juno at http://www.juno.com Or call Juno at (800) 654-JUNO [654-5866] ------------------------------ From: BenMoobil Message-ID: <879c7773.34fd5401@aol.com> Date: Wed, 4 Mar 1998 08:15:42 EST Subject: Re: TMBG: misc. t : their next video, etc. In a message dated 3/4/98 7:13:42 AM Central Standard Time, tmbgirl@juno.com writes: << teehee... yeah but when you act like a "wakkko" it's gotta be a huge self-esteem trip for them... they are after all the self-proclaimed freek magnets... plus the wierder you are the more likely it'll be that you give them something to talk about... (not with you but later on, about you...) >> as my main man Shaft would say " Right on" you hit the nail right on the head The Ben ------------------------------ Message-Id: Date: Wed, 4 Mar 98 10:28 EST From: kbrodbec@remcen.ehhs.cmich.edu (Kirsten Brodbeck) Subject: Re: TMBG: Meeting the Johns >I agree with Ben. Being one of the fortunate few to meet John Flansburgh, I >remember babbling incoherently about wanting follwing them around like a "Dead >Head". If I could do it all again, I would have tried to not be such a >"groupie". When I met Flans, I got to feel all superior because he didn't know that Michigan had an Upper Peninsula; "You mean there's *more*?!" Okay, so maybe he was putting me on, but we had an interesting conversation about how people situate themselves in the lower half of Michigan by holding up their hand and pointing to where they are. Alma happens to be "The Middle of the Mitten", something that delighted him to no end. :) Kirsten -- ______________________________________________________________________________ "How can I believe in God when just last week I got my tongue caught in the roller of an electric typewriter?" - Woody Allen *kbrodbec@remcen.ehhs.cmich.edu*Kirsten Brodbeck*AKA Crow ------------------------------ Message-Id: Date: Wed, 4 Mar 98 10:38 EST From: kbrodbec@remcen.ehhs.cmich.edu (Kirsten Brodbeck) Subject: TMBG: mondegreens >So let's have em! (of course now that I'm thinking about it, I can't >think of any that I personally had....but I do remember Kirsten Brodbeck's >"So take this Glass Suburban" from Road Movie To Berlin :) Wow, I'm famous! Yup, there's that one; also, "and the world grows by like the human hair" and "life is a placebo/ a metaphor not a simile." Kirsten -- ______________________________________________________________________________ "How can I believe in God when just last week I got my tongue caught in the roller of an electric typewriter?" - Woody Allen *kbrodbec@remcen.ehhs.cmich.edu*Kirsten Brodbeck*AKA Crow ------------------------------ Message-Id: <3.0.1.32.19980304085656.006a5494@pop.ben2.ucla.edu> Date: Wed, 04 Mar 1998 08:56:56 -0800 From: J Chen Subject: Re: TMBG: Mondegreens My brother heard: "Every four is waltz again" as "Every frog is waltzing in". --LVJeff ==========================_______________________________________... . . . | from LVJeff | Kerim Bey: "But I am already in your debt." | friend to Lan's tigers | James Bond: "How can a friend be in debt?" | alecson@ucla.edu | ========================== - From Russia with Love ------------------------------ Date: Wed, 4 Mar 1998 11:12:29 -0600 (CST) From: "Christopher M. Stangl" Subject: Re: TMBG: mondegreens Message-ID: > So let's have em! These aren't mine, but people I know's: -"If I was a child/ I'd ask you if you don't mind/ To kiss you a hundred tires" -"It's Tambo Tambo Tambo and Weep Day for Urine Man." -"The monumental gram, it sent a bean into my eye" -"You're a weasel overcome with gloom" -"Bastarama Navi usa ridasfama son! Neva nev anavea wooda hurray! Hee Hee drum and castaball!" ("Bacharach and David used to write his favorite songs/ Never, never, never would he worry/ He'd run and catch the ball"- Actually, he thought almost the entire lyrics to "Youth Culture Killed My Dog" were just nonsense words). And here's mine: -"Maine! It's a world in itself!" -"Order up the plate/ I had a dented bike/ Seconds/ I may call you from intensive care/ Say! I need a picture of a dental bike/ for the evidence of what a wreck I had" -"Too later still to make knocks about love and there's no time time for sorrow/ Run around with a hold on the reigns spland sploo tomorrooooow!" -"X... Because it's sex-tra, baby! Y? Because it's sex-tra baby!" -"Feed off the cat/ if you eat someone else on the mat" -"Yo! I always missed my big old body" -"Some things Gal says to Lad: 'Aren't men as bad? Because a little pain... they cause 'em pain', 'They'll need a crane'" -"Don't call me at work again/ God no, the boss still hates me/ and I'm just tired and I don't love you anymore/ and there's a restaurant/ we should checkout/ where the other night went people/ nice to go/ I'm mean to nice people/ oh baby wait/ I did. I mean to say 'nightmare'" "Statue of Liberty/ Staton Island Ferry/ Co Op City/ Sax's and Tiffany's" -"Stormy pinkness/ human weakness/ fills my johnny-coat with gloom." -"Sincere, severe, he held few people dear" -"Sensible to inner sternum and the world first spoke to me in SenSurround" -"A woofer covered in wood/ to shake the womb and it should" (I still think this is right) -"You couldn't even take away a souvenir/ Of what's left/ Of that sinner... I searched the whole world over/ to find these words" -Chris Stangl ------------------------------ Message-Id: Date: Wed, 4 Mar 98 12:16 EST From: kbrodbec@remcen.ehhs.emcen.edu (Kirsten Brodbeck) Subject: Re: TMBG: mondegreens > -"Bastarama Navi usa ridasfama son! Neva nev anavea wooda hurray! >Hee Hee drum and castaball!" ("Bacharach and David used to write his >favorite songs/ Never, never, never would he worry/ He'd run and catch the >ball"- Actually, he thought almost the entire lyrics to "Youth Culture >Killed My Dog" were just nonsense words). Y'know, I laughed way too long at this - I don't think I've been getting enough sleep lately... I seem to remember someone had a really funny one for "Rhythm Section Want Ad" last time we were talking about these, but I don't remember who. Kirsten -- ______________________________________________________________________________ "How can I believe in God when just last week I got my tongue caught in the roller of an electric typewriter?" - Woody Allen *kbrodbec@remcen.ehhs.cmich.edu*Kirsten Brodbeck*AKA Crow ------------------------------ Message-ID: <34FDC4FD.12B1@geocities.com> Date: Wed, 04 Mar 1998 13:17:49 -0800 From: Nathan Mulac DeHoff Organization: The Intergalactic Cult of VoVat Subject: Re: TMBG: mondegreens Christopher M. Stangl wrote: > -"Order up the plate/ I had a dented bike/ Seconds/ I may call >you > from intensive care/ Say! I need a picture of a dental bike/ for the > evidence of what a wreck I had" Which song did you mishear as this? -- Nathan Mulac DeHoff vovat@geocities.com http://www.geocities.com/Area51/Corridor/5447/ "All I know could be defaced by the facts in the life of Chess Piece Face." ------------------------------ Subject: TMBG: Rest Awhile Date: Wed, 4 Mar 1998 17:26:49 +0000 (GMT) Message-Id: From: NJ Powell Forwarded message: > > > > also many different things for parts of Rhythm Section Want Ad, > > Spiraling Shape, and Rest Awhile. (the last one seems to produce > > endless ones, none of which I can remember right now) > Yes, as my girlfriend swore that last one was called 'Rusty Nail'. ;) > Matt > > -- > Matt James mjames@greed.loyola.edu > Loyola College in Baltimore, MD > Bruce Campbell Gazette: www.bcgazette.com > This is a filthy lie. I distinctly mis-heard it as "Rusty Wire". tish. From way back, I seem to recall someone saying that they had a friend who heard "Food sculptures killed my dog", which is a wonderful image. And I have always wondered; is it because I am English and thus not used to understanding such accents, or whether Linnell's voice is actually tricky to understand at times the reason I have trouble with it? The first time I heard "Certain People I Could Name", I literally could not understand a word. It was just melodic noises. P'raps my brain is at fault... Matt's girlfriend (in real life; Nicola in Staffordshire) ------------------------------ From: mjames@envy.loyola.edu (Matthew James) Message-Id: <9803041722.AA06075@envy.loyola.edu> Subject: TMBG: South Carolina/info club CDs Date: Wed, 4 Mar 1998 12:22:52 -0500 (EST) > Christopher M. Stangl wrote: > > -"Order up the plate/ I had a dented bike/ Seconds/ I may call > >you > > from intensive care/ Say! I need a picture of a dental bike/ for the > > evidence of what a wreck I had" > > Which song did you mishear as this? Those would be the bastardized (hehe) lyrics to South Carolina by John Linnell. And while on the topic of State Songs, I have yet to received either the State Songs CD or the Hall (House?) of Mayors CD from the info club even though they were ordered beginning of December. I guess I shoulda known this would happen but it still doesn't stop me from longing for them! Also, I believe there's a hat and a mug on the way too, yet nothing in my mailbox 8-( Matt -- Matt James mjames@greed.loyola.edu Loyola College in Baltimore, MD Bruce Campbell Gazette: www.bcgazette.com ------------------------------ From: Shaft137 Message-ID: <51bfb743.34fd9193@aol.com> Date: Wed, 4 Mar 1998 12:38:19 EST Subject: TMBG: Rhythm Section What Ad? hi. for years i questioned the chorus of RSWA. even to this day, with the lyrics in front of me, i'm not really sure what is being said. here's what i thought it was/is: So if you like that band with Chuck Seger, Sail your cup to see a walrus's trombone If you dig Menudo, or NBC we salute you the way of gnomes. adam schaaf, what the hell was i thinking? ------------------------------ Message-Id: <3.0.1.32.19980304124526.006a06f0@130.127.28.14> Date: Wed, 04 Mar 1998 12:45:26 -0500 From: Adam Tyner Subject: Re: TMBG: mondegreens It sounds like Linnell's "South Carolina" to me. TTYL, -Adam At 01:17 PM 3/4/98 -0800, Nathan Mulac DeHoff wrote: >Which song did you mishear as this? /----=========================================================----\ http://www.awod.com/gallery/rwav/ctyner/ The home of He-Man, "Weird Al", Yoo-hoo, Killer Tomatoes, and more! Demented music list admin O- MiSTie #67,326 ------------------------------ Message-Id: <3.0.1.32.19980304124744.006a0760@130.127.28.14> Date: Wed, 04 Mar 1998 12:47:44 -0500 From: Adam Tyner Subject: Re: TMBG: South Carolina/info club CDs From what I hear from someone who got in their shipment yesterday, House Of Mayors is out of stock. :/ TTYL, -Adam At 12:22 PM 3/4/98 -0500, Matthew James wrote: >Those would be the bastardized (hehe) lyrics to South Carolina by John >Linnell. And while on the topic of State Songs, I have yet to received >either the State Songs CD or the Hall (House?) of Mayors CD from the >info club even though they were ordered beginning of December. I guess >I shoulda known this would happen but it still doesn't stop me from >longing for them! Also, I believe there's a hat and a mug on the way >too, yet nothing in my mailbox 8-( >Matt /----=========================================================----\ http://www.awod.com/gallery/rwav/ctyner/ The home of He-Man, "Weird Al", Yoo-hoo, Killer Tomatoes, and more! Demented music list admin O- MiSTie #67,326 ------------------------------ Message-ID: <34FDCBE9.5C51@geocities.com> Date: Wed, 04 Mar 1998 13:47:21 -0800 From: Nathan Mulac DeHoff Organization: The Intergalactic Cult of VoVat Subject: Re: TMBG: mondegreens Joda: Master of Yedi wrote: > > hEY HEy! > > > Now, I know lots of you have TMBG mondegreens, so let me > >have them > > hmm... back before JH came out my frien and i had a big fight about AKA > Driver... Whether it was "just a full days drive away" or "just a four > days drive away" I think I originally heard "just a four minutes' drive away" here. Here are some of my more interesting ones: "Lukinary in the outlet by the lightswitch" "Tryptophane, I'm aware, like the countries in the air." And I couldn't tell what "Don't spend the rest of your life wondering" was. I heard something like "Don't spin past the view magic mountain." Speaking of "Spiralling Shape," I still can't really tell whether it's "You drop through the void" or "You drop through the floor," both of which seem appropriate. I suppose I could look it up at tmbg.org, but I'm too lazy. And now for some not-so-interesting ones: "Or was it something where you acted rather suddenly, and knew that there would be a way that I could be repaid? And so, in payment for today, I want to thank you for putting me back in my snail shell." "Troubled on account of what I thought it was, it was a window." Something like "Subliminal, I did not notice slip away" or "Subliminal, I let my notice slip away." "What is left for me to do?" instead of "What is left for me to prove, dear?" "It's a thing they hid in a bottomless pit." "The sound of my tide" instead of "the sound from outside" I still sometimes sing "They might be fall" or "They might be fog," instead of "They might be bald." "Some music sweeps the room" instead of "Soon the man who sweeps the room," and "Emancipation, interplanetary exploration" instead of "Commence official interplanetary exploration." Something about "the next election" instead of "And annex the lands the Mexicans command" "Even the singer from Power One can't make up her mind." "You get up in a throb, you forget what you're thinking." >-"Too later still to make knocks about love and there's no time >time for sorrow/ Run around with a hold on the reigns spland sploo >tomorrooooow!" Of course, the correct words still haven't been decided on. I tend to hear "Too late or soon to make noise about love," but "notes about" would seem to fit with the letterbox theme. While on the topic, I feel that I must mention two other songs with much-disputed lyrics: Snowball In Hell (I originally heard "My fantasy is in a Xerox shop." Now, I hear "Like panaceas in a Xerox shop," but some insist that it's "My panacea's in a Xerox shop.") Become A Robot (Don't Let's Start this discussion again.) That's all I can think of, but I'm sure there's something else. -- Nathan Mulac DeHoff vovat@geocities.com http://www.geocities.com/Area51/Corridor/5447/ "All I know could be defaced by the facts in the life of Chess Piece Face." ------------------------------ Message-ID: <34FD94D9.92A754A8@mail.utexas.edu> Date: Wed, 04 Mar 1998 11:52:25 -0600 From: Mitchell Harding Organization: University of Texas at Austin Subject: Re: TMBG: mondegreens Nathan Mulac DeHoff wrote: > Christopher M. Stangl wrote: > > -"Order up the plate/ I had a dented bike/ Seconds/ I may call > >you > > from intensive care/ Say! I need a picture of a dental bike/ for the > > evidence of what a wreck I had" > > Which song did you mishear as this? > -- > Nathan Mulac DeHoff South Carolina, I imagine. Mitcharf http://ccwf.cc.utexas.edu/~mitcharf/ ------------------------------ From: Dr Worm X Message-ID: <89a6d2c0.34fd9a2a@aol.com> Date: Wed, 4 Mar 1998 13:15:04 EST Subject: TMBG: those weird word thingies from FS "There were 87 apples in the bottle, now there's 30 left" "clearing my throat, and dripping electric" "and all that year of chorus taught me, is how to style, and long for god" "spotlights turn, and pit obsorbes me" "just when you think it's Spanish, with XTC on tie" "spiraling shape will make you go and sing" "Napolean of the scone" "they celebrate christening to the sound" "A girl forgotten in her years" Matt Turn around, turn around, it's a human skull on the ground You're so 1990, and it's 1994 The squirrels and the birds come, gather round to sing the guitar http://members.tripod.com/~drworm (SIGN MY GUESTBOOK!) ------------------------------ From: Strawbos69 Message-ID: <1a074d1.34fd9b17@aol.com> Date: Wed, 4 Mar 1998 13:19:00 EST Subject: Re: TMBG: Mondegreen Ignore those big barking dogs I ate forty-seven, so what happened to my other Ted? Youth Culture cooked my dog Banana Ng Hideaway Coke Family Ana Ng and I argue alot The phone it called to me It's not necessary to breed Someone keeps drying my hair Yes, I am sad to report these are all from my twisted little mind...... *sigh* "They had this sale on red instruments" ------------------------------ From: Strawbos69 Message-ID: <5e9b04d7.34fd9ffb@aol.com> Date: Wed, 4 Mar 1998 13:39:53 EST Subject: TMBG: Orlando to Boston? Ummm, I was just looking at the tour list. My list shows that They are in Orlando on 3/26 and Boston on 3/27. Isn't that like an incredibly LONG drive? I used to live on the East Coast, and I don't recall that being humanly possible within 24 hours, without killing oneself. Have They bought a plane recently? -Just a thought... ------------------------------ Message-Id: Date: Wed, 4 Mar 98 13:50 EST From: kbrodbec@remcen.ehhs.cmich.edu (Kirsten Brodbeck) Subject: Re: TMBG: Mondegreen I have to say, I still always hear "Ana Ng and I are getting old/and we still haven't walked in the glow of each other's majesticism" instead of "majestic presence." Kirsten -- ______________________________________________________________________________ "How can I believe in God when just last week I got my tongue caught in the roller of an electric typewriter?" - Woody Allen *kbrodbec@remcen.ehhs.cmich.edu*Kirsten Brodbeck*AKA Crow ------------------------------ Message-ID: <34FDDB9E.E4F@geocities.com> Date: Wed, 04 Mar 1998 14:54:22 -0800 From: Nathan Mulac DeHoff Organization: The Intergalactic Cult of VoVat Subject: Re: TMBG: Orlando to Boston? Strawbos69 wrote: > > Ummm, I was just looking at the tour list. My list shows that They are >in Orlando on 3/26 and Boston on 3/27. Isn't that like an incredibly >LONG drive? > I used to live on the East Coast, and I don't recall that being humanly > possible within 24 hours, without killing oneself. Have They bought a >plane recently? They'll need a plane, They'll need a plane, to get from Orlando to Boston in one day. Okay, I suppose that's enough. -- Nathan Mulac DeHoff vovat@geocities.com http://www.geocities.com/Area51/Corridor/5447/ "All I know could be defaced by the facts in the life of Chess Piece Face." ------------------------------ Date: Wed, 4 Mar 1998 12:24:04 -0700 (MST) From: J Kuemmerle Subject: TMBG: My N'degreens Message-ID: On Wed, 4 Mar 1998, Strawbos69 wrote: > Ignore those big barking dogs where's this one from? > Banana Ng > Ana Ng and I argue alot hee hee hee!!! i love these!! i think 'banana ng' should go on lani olson's tmbg food pun page, if it's not there already! along these lines, i must offer up: * ana ng and i are gettin old but we still haven't waffled the glove or each other's majestic presents... * make a hole with a gun perpendicular to the name of this town on a desktop float... * it's like a whirlpool, ana, it never ends... * who was at the new pampa villain? * why was the bitch still warm? (sorry if some of these offend) * to the whoremonger pole at the bus depot... * and in back at the edge of earring... --jim kuemmerle, who now wonders if he mis-hears anything *besides* Ana Ng... j.kuemmerle@m.cc.utah.edu http://www.geocities.com/soho/gallery/4668/ ------------------------------ Date: Wed, 4 Mar 1998 12:27:30 -0700 (MST) From: J Kuemmerle Subject: Re: TMBG: Orlando to Boston? Message-ID: On Wed, 4 Mar 1998, Nathan Mulac DeHoff wrote: > > Ummm, I was just looking at the tour list. My list shows that They are > > in Orlando on 3/26 and Boston on 3/27. Isn't that like an incredibly > > LONG drive? > > I used to live on the East Coast, and I don't recall that being humanly > > possible within 24 hours, without killing oneself. Have They bought a > > plane recently? > > They'll need a plane, They'll need a plane, to get from Orlando to Boston > in one day. i was thinking 'it's just a full day's drive away, it's just a full day's drive away, it's just a full day's drive away, it's just a full day's drive away...' --jim kuemmerle, who finally thought of something other than ana ng to mondegreenize: 'i don't know where he lives or if he knows to sell, or if little seeds like this one ever cross his trail...' j.kuemmerle@m.cc.utah.edu http://www.geocities.com/soho/gallery/4668/ ------------------------------ Message-Id: <3.0.1.32.19980304143449.006952c8@pop.indy.net> Date: Wed, 04 Mar 1998 14:34:49 -0500 From: rachel Subject: Re: TMBG: mondegreens >Something like "Subliminal, I did not notice slip away" or "Subliminal, I >let my notice slip away." subliminal has always given me problems. no matter how hard i try i can never remember the line : "important/ and hard to see" i always sing, "a parking warden/ is hard to be" > >Become A Robot (Don't Let's Start this discussion again.) > sorry i must've become a listie a little too late for this one. but i know they're not singing "harbor a wishnik" sounds more like "penguin" to me. this has boggled my friends and i for quite sometime. lovies, rachel ------------------------------ Message-Id: <3.0.1.32.19980304150303.0069acd4@pop.indy.net> Date: Wed, 04 Mar 1998 15:03:03 -0500 From: rachel Subject: TMBG: non-tmbg bruce campbell i've happened to notice there are quite a few bruce campbell fans on the list. so i thought i'd let all you guys/ gals know that one of my friends just recently interviewed him for his site, nihilism online. the addy is: http://megsip4.megsinet.net/nihil/ you'd have to look for the interview- i beleive it's under media somewhere. it's a completely non-tmbg related site and may be found offensive by some. although i do beleive many of you more twisted giant-heads will love it. most of the guys who work on it like tmbg. and as an extra bonus- if you look hard enough- you may find a picture of me. thus destroying my listie anonimitity and defeating the whole purpose of the internet. hmmmm, and then you might see me at a concert and make fun of me for all my dumb posts. perhaps i should re-think this... lovies, rachel ------------------------------ Message-ID: <34FDEC30.31A3@geocities.com> Date: Wed, 04 Mar 1998 16:05:04 -0800 From: Nathan Mulac DeHoff Organization: The Intergalactic Cult of VoVat Subject: Re: TMBG: mondegreens Here are some more: "We yearn true for home, but our only home is bone. How sleepless is the end, knowing that which throws the stone foresees the bone." "Don't break the heart that leads you." -- Nathan Mulac DeHoff vovat@geocities.com http://www.geocities.com/Area51/Corridor/5447/ "All I know could be defaced by the facts in the life of Chess Piece Face." ------------------------------ From: BenMoobil Message-ID: <984337d.34fdc6c0@aol.com> Date: Wed, 4 Mar 1998 16:25:18 EST Subject: Re: TMBG: mondegreens and then there is my personal favorate : "The day Marvin Gay and Phillips got married" was this to sugguest marvin did have a gay lifestyle? Then i finally wised up and read the actual lyrics and felt like a doorknob because i am a huge Phil Ochs fan and wondered how in the hell I heard that in the first place The Ben (has on his tights as the understudy to the boy-wonder) ------------------------------ From: BenMoobil Message-ID: <402e3901.34fdc868@aol.com> Date: Wed, 4 Mar 1998 16:32:22 EST Subject: Re: TMBG: Orlando to Boston? In a message dated 3/4/98 12:42:16 PM Central Standard Time, Strawbos69@aol.com writes: << Ummm, I was just looking at the tour list. My list shows that They are in Orlando on 3/26 and Boston on 3/27. Isn't that like an incredibly LONG drive? I used to live on the East Coast, and I don't recall that being humanly possible within 24 hours, without killing oneself. Have They bought a plane recently? -Just a thought... >> its possible you need 2 driver who are doing nothing the next day and don't mind speeding .I once was a trucker (eekk God no not that! anything but that ! yep it sucked)but i digresss. Me and my partner drove from pittsburgh to Tampa in less than 24 hours it can be done. The Ben(revealing yet another embarassing moment from his torrid past) ------------------------------ From: mr.train@juno.com Date: Thu, 5 Mar 1998 03:32:54 -0500 Subject: TMBG: Re: Message-ID: <19980305.053907.4382.0.Mr.Train@juno.com> someone mentioned Spiralling Shape and that is a big one I forgot: Don't spin the vestibule like whats in you Don't spit on the rest of you like wandering I was certain either one of those was it! I always meant to bring it p on the list... but now that I know that it's "Don't spend the rest of your life wondering" I don't have to spend... uhh... well you know... Tim, everyone wants to feed that groovy thing Miscellaneous Tim AKA TMB(do)G AKA Tambo (IRC) AKA Mr.Train (OML) Favorite TMBG song update: They'll Need a Crane Last CD purchase:Big Head Todd - Beautiful World _____________________________________________________________________ You don't need to buy Internet access to use free Internet e-mail. Get completely free e-mail from Juno at http://www.juno.com Or call Juno at (800) 654-JUNO [654-5866] ------------------------------ From: mr.train@juno.com Date: Thu, 5 Mar 1998 05:39:07 -0500 Subject: TMBG: House of Mayors SOLD OUT!!! Message-ID: <19980305.053907.4382.1.Mr.Train@juno.com> I got my State Songs CD today after ordering it the first week of Jan. I ordered it with a Money Order.. so maybe that is why it came so fast? it didn't have to clear... y'know... Anyway... as you can see by my subject line HOM is sold out.. it does not say anything about reordering, but since I have not ever ordered from TMBProductions I was wondering about my order. At the end it says AMOUNT DUE $8.00 CR... now, I can figure out that this means "credit" but what do I do? do I send this order form in with another order... I doubt they will reorder HOM... so has anyone ever had this problem? Tim, sorry about double posting today Miscellaneous Tim AKA TMB(do)G AKA Tambo (IRC) AKA Mr.Train (OML) Favorite TMBG song update: They'll Need A Crane Last CD purchase: Big Head Todd - Beautiful World _____________________________________________________________________ You don't need to buy Internet access to use free Internet e-mail. Get completely free e-mail from Juno at http://www.juno.com Or call Juno at (800) 654-JUNO [654-5866] ------------------------------ Date: Wed, 4 Mar 1998 17:03:48 -0600 (CST) From: "Christopher M. Stangl" Subject: Re: TMBG: House of Mayors SOLD OUT!!! Message-ID: On Thu, 5 Mar 1998 mr.train@juno.com wrote: > I got my State Songs CD today after ordering it the first week of > Jan. I ordered it with a Money Order.. so maybe that is why it came so > fast? it didn't have to clear... y'know... > Anyway... as you can see by my subject line HOM is sold out.. Dammit. > it does not say anything about reordering, but since I have not ever > ordered from TMBProductions I was wondering about my order. At the end > it says AMOUNT DUE $8.00 CR... now, I can figure out that this means > "credit" but what do I do? do I send this order form in with another > order... I doubt they will reorder HOM... so has anyone ever had this > problem? Yeah, when I tried to order the "Istanbul" single, the first time it went out of print, and then another time when I attempted to get the "Statue" single. Just apply the credit to your next order. Personally, I'm gonna hold out for "House of Mayors" to get a repressing. -Chris Stangl ------------------------------ From: BenMoobil Message-ID: Date: Wed, 4 Mar 1998 18:22:13 EST Subject: Re: TMBG: mondegreens Theres no time for methphors cried litttle Bill to me, he said life is a placebo masquerading as a symphony ------------------------------ Message-ID: <34FE0FE2.77A9@geocities.com> Date: Wed, 04 Mar 1998 18:37:22 -0800 From: Vladimir Drakul Subject: TMBG: TMBG Slowness. A whole lot. Hey, I had ordered the following: Set of 4 shot glasses Set of postcards Set of pencils One shirt Perhaps more. And we sent our check December 1st. It was cashed January 3rd (give or take a day or two). WHAT IS GOING ON?! I know They're slow at times, but this is getting ridiculous. I come home each day wondering if my TMBG stuff is here yet. And it's not. Have any others experienced this horrendous mail lag? -- Vladimir Drakul -- http://www.geocities.com/SiliconValley/Heights/7343/ ******************************************************************* "Is everything normal now?" "And crawling on the "Well, he hasn't got planet's face... some religious mania, and he's called the Human Race. not running around in a Lost in time, and lost circle spouting Gilbert in space... and Sullivan, so I guess ...and meaning." he's normal." ------------------------------ Message-ID: <34FE11A6.5EF6@geocities.com> Date: Wed, 04 Mar 1998 18:44:54 -0800 From: Vladimir Drakul Subject: Re: TMBG: Mondegreen > Ignore those big barking dogs > I ate forty-seven, so what happened to my other Ted? > Youth Culture cooked my dog > Banana Ng > Hideaway Coke Family > Ana Ng and I argue alot > The phone it called to me > It's not necessary to breed > Someone keeps drying my hair > > Yes, I am sad to report these are all from my twisted little mind...... My sister thought that the little girl who sat at home was a horrid cross between a human and a hare... Yes... the "Rabbit Child." -- Vladimir Drakul -- http://www.geocities.com/SiliconValley/Heights/7343/ ******************************************************************* "Is everything normal now?" "And crawling on the "Well, he hasn't got planet's face... some religious mania, and he's called the Human Race. not running around in a Lost in time, and lost circle spouting Gilbert in space... and Sullivan, so I guess ...and meaning." he's normal." ------------------------------ From: Cajun Gram Message-ID: Date: Wed, 4 Mar 1998 22:33:28 EST Subject: Re: TMBG: mondegreens Well, when I first heard Don't Let's Start, I swear that the prechorus went D world distruction, Over and overture, N do I need 'T need this dumptruck. Call me stupid if you must, but I still get all nostalgic for 7th grade when I think of how big of a dork I was. Graham ------------------------------ From: Strawbos69 Message-ID: Date: Wed, 4 Mar 1998 23:39:24 EST Subject: Re: TMBG: My N'degreens In a message dated 98-03-04 14:26:39 EST, J.Kuemmerle@m.cc.utah.edu writes: << On Wed, 4 Mar 1998, Strawbos69 wrote: > Ignore those big barking dogs where's this one from? >> Metal Detector.... "Ignore the mountains of discarded falderal" "I'm going to buy a copy for myself, so I can get rid of some of this change" ------------------------------ Message-ID: <34FE38A9.3307D6C9@bitstream.net> Date: Wed, 04 Mar 1998 23:31:22 -0600 From: vu Subject: Re: TMBG: 100%TMBG-new live album > >erm, are there any other live recordings from tmbg other than New York > Live (prcd > >9083-2)- no bootlegs, just elektra/bar none promo releases. > > Erm, yes, a new live album is forthcoming. They've been recording their > concerts for several months for this purpose. eeeeer, i think everyone made it clear about the new live album that's coming out. sorry i'm new but i'm sure everyone has rush out and bought the mtv120minutes live cd right? (of course everyone already have a recorded bootleg of some sort....) vu -- http://www2.bitstream.net/~sleeper ------------------------------ End of tmbg-list Digest #4-427 ******************************