Errors-To: owner-tmbg-digest@tmbg.org Reply-To: tmbg-digest@tmbg.org Sender: owner-tmbg-digest@tmbg.org Precedence: bulk From: owner-tmbg-digest@tmbg.org To: tmbg-digest@tmbg.org Subject: tmbg-list Digest #4-428 tmbg-list Digest, Volume 4, Number 428 Friday, 6 March 1998 Today's Topics: TMBG: Mumblings... TMBG: Sold out!!! TMBG: Re: Re: TMBG: non-tmbg bruce campbell Re: TMBG: Sold out!!! TMBG: live album in july, interview? TMBG: Catalog slowness TMBG: mondegreens/anagrams Re: TMBG: Sold out!!! Re: TMBG: mondegreens Re: TMBG: mondegreens TMBG: Re:mondegreens Re: TMBG: mondegreens Re: TMBG: mondegreens TMBG: Tmbg.com RE: TMBG: mondegreens (Purple Toupee ones) Re: TMBG: Tmbg.com Re: TMBG: Tmbg.com Re: TMBG: TMBG surprise guest appearance Administrivia: If you wish to unsubscribe from this mailing send mail to tmbg-digest-request@tmbg.org for instructions on how to be automatically removed. --------------------------------------------------------------------- The views expressed herein are those of the individual authors. --------------------------------------------------------------------- tmbg-list is digested with Digest 3.3d (John Relph ). ---------------------------------------------------------------------- From: echuss@notes.cc.bellcore.com Message-ID: <852565BE.00509225.00@notes950.cc.bellcore.com> Date: Thu, 5 Mar 1998 09:46:54 -0500 Subject: TMBG: Mumblings... Christopher M. Stangl wrote: >> -"Bastarama Navi usa ridasfama son! Neva nev anavea wooda hurray! >>Hee Hee drum and castaball!" ("Bacharach and David used to write his >>favorite songs/ Never, never, never would he worry/ He'd run and catch the >>ball"- Actually, he thought almost the entire lyrics to "Youth Culture >>Killed My Dog" were just nonsense words). Then Kirsten wrote: > Y'know, I laughed way too long at this - I don't think I've been >getting enough sleep lately... I seem to remember someone had a really >funny one for "Rhythm Section Want Ad" last time we were talking about >these, but I don't remember who. >Kirsten Yeah, I laughed my head off (and now I'm done) when I first read this. This gets me vote as the best mondegreen. I used to just mumble when I would get to this part, but for someone to actually remember what they mumbled has to make them the king/queen of mondegreen. :-) Erik ------------------------------ From: echuss@notes.cc.bellcore.com Message-ID: <852565BE.00513508.00@notes950.cc.bellcore.com> Date: Thu, 5 Mar 1998 09:51:54 -0500 Subject: TMBG: Sold out!!! I got my TMBG order yesterday. I received the State Songs CD (which is great), and a hat. I did not receive the House of Mayors CD nor the Millionare Shot Glass Set. Both, it said, were sold out. The shot glass set I can live without but the not being able to get the House of Mayors CD really hurts. I am sure there will be a deluge of requests for it so I figured I would start it out. If anyone has an extra copy of the House of Mayors CD that they would be willing to part with please Email me. I would GREATLY appreciate it. TIA. Erik ------------------------------ From: KdsInThHal Message-ID: <6ac4ea8a.34fed8dd@aol.com> Date: Thu, 5 Mar 1998 11:54:51 EST Subject: TMBG: Re: Ah, my friend (don't think he's on this list....) and I were talking about this the other day .. The weird thing was he asked me about this one lyric in TNAC which we both know the lyrics to, but actually *hear*: ("Some things gal says to lad......") "Art Mann is bad but cause a little pain (they cause him pain).." Instead of the real "aren't meant as bad".. You know, Art Mann, that dorky guy on E with the blond hair and glasses... sarah... http://lava.home.ml.org (now organized:)) ------------------------------ Message-ID: <34FE7A63.B9234429@bitstream.net> Date: Thu, 05 Mar 1998 04:11:47 -0600 From: vu Subject: Re: TMBG: non-tmbg bruce campbell > i've happened to notice there are quite a few bruce campbell fans on the > list. so i thought i'd let all you guys/ gals know that one of my friends > just recently interviewed him for his site, nihilism online. the addy is: > http://megsip4.megsinet.net/nihil/ you'd have to look for the interview- i speaking of bruce campbell, you can see some semi-rare photos of campbell goofing off while making ed2 on the following website... http://www.geocities.com/Hollywood/Boulevard/7647/ > > It's not necessary to breed > > Someone keeps drying my hair :) i met someone at the god show... vu -- http://www2.bitstream.net/~sleeper ------------------------------ From: mr.train@juno.com Date: Fri, 6 Mar 1998 02:08:19 -0500 Subject: Re: TMBG: Sold out!!! Message-ID: <19980306.020848.6566.0.Mr.Train@juno.com> On Thu, 5 Mar 1998 09:51:54 -0500 echuss@notes.cc.bellcore.com writes: . If anyone has an extra copy of the House of >Mayors CD that they would be willing to part with please Email me. I would >GREATLY appreciate it. TIA. > >Erik Yeah! Pass one my way, too! While your at it please send: Dr. Spock's Backup Band (original, please) Live in NY All single EPs pre - Istanbul I understand that those are asking a little much.. So maybe I'll just stick with asking for HOM... but if you have any of the other stuff you wanna sell/trade(/give?) to me... then fill my box with notices! Tim, never occured to him to ask for HOM on the list Miscellaneous Tim AKA TMB(do)G AKA Tambo (IRC) AKA Mr.Train (OML) Favorite TMBG song update: They'll Need A Crane Last CD purchase: Big 'ed Todd - Beautiful World _____________________________________________________________________ You don't need to buy Internet access to use free Internet e-mail. Get completely free e-mail from Juno at http://www.juno.com Or call Juno at (800) 654-JUNO [654-5866] ------------------------------ Date: Thu, 05 Mar 1998 05:21:27 -0500 From: Destin Berthelot Subject: TMBG: live album in july, interview? Message-id: <34FE7CA7.4E44@rollins.edu> I just got off the phone with tmbg's publicist, cos I'm trying to set up an interview with them on my college radio station when they come down to orlando at the end of the month (I'll let you know how that works out, of course, and I'll solicit questions from you guys if I get the interview). Anyway, we just spoke for a few minutes, but she'll be sending me a press pack with info on them, most of which I'll already know I'm sure. Anyway, two important things: the live album will be out in July, supposedly, and... well, not so important, but she didn't know about a split with Elektra. Was that just an ugly rumour? Dunno. Hopefully, I'll find out soon, and hopefully, I'll be able to interview them at the station or backstage. Not to get my hopes up too high, of course... Destin ------------------------------ From: Dr Worm X Message-ID: <619d6a53.34ff01db@aol.com> Date: Thu, 5 Mar 1998 14:49:45 EST Subject: TMBG: Catalog slowness I ordered a shirt, and the mono puff cd three days after christmas, and I just got them two days ago. Talk about slow. I had actually forgotten that I had ordered it when it came. Matt Turn around, turn around, it's a human skull on the ground You're so 1990, and it's 1994 The squirrels and the birds come, gather round to sing the guitar Satan couldn't hang ten, he could only hang four http://members.tripod.com/~drworm (SIGN MY GUESTBOOK!) ------------------------------ Date: Thu, 5 Mar 1998 14:26:38 -0600 (CST) From: Tara Lynne Weber <00085244@bigred.unl.edu> Subject: TMBG: mondegreens/anagrams Message-ID: Has anybody mentioned "orange sandwich bit my dog" for "I don't understand what you did to my dog"? Actually, you can substitute just about anything in that line because I don't understand how it is humanly possible to fit that many syllables into that space. :) On another note -- has anybody ever come up with any good TMBG anagrams besides the ones on tmbg.com? I played around with an anagram generator (sorry, I cheated. I don't have the spare time to find these the hard way!) and found some good ones. Here are the highlights: Insight? Beget a myth. A Beet Sting My Thigh His Myth, A Bitten Egg A Bet? Ingest My Thigh. Big Teeth Sing a Myth Get A Big Theist Hymn This Megabyte Thing Get Mighty Absinthe Get Thy Insight Beam (i like this one :) Get This Mighty Bean and my personal favorite... This, Thy Ambient Egg Incidentally, I also typed in the name and title of a certain Nebraska state attorney general I don't like and the anagram generator came up with "Born Nag, Degenerates Rottenly". I was pleased. :) Anyway, enough word fun for the day... --Tara -- Tara Weber 00085244@bigred.unl.edu, Ondine@tmbg.org http://members.tripod.com/~TaraW "We want everybody to have a good time, but we're not on a rock hero trip." --John Flansburgh "It's more of a rock gyro trip." --John Linnell ****MSTie #74191, TMBGer #38978**** ------------------------------ Message-Id: <3.0.1.32.19980305154043.0069b44c@130.127.28.14> Date: Thu, 05 Mar 1998 15:40:43 -0500 From: Adam Tyner Subject: Re: TMBG: Sold out!!! At 02:08 AM 3/6/98 -0500, you wrote: > >Yeah! Pass one my way, too! While your at it please send: >Dr. Spock's Backup Band (original, please) Mine ought to be here any day now. I'll post more info on ordering it once it's in my hands. :-) >Live in NY I saw a place that had it recently...umm... http://www.skapunx.ml.org/~drunkpunk/ ? I think that's it. >All single EPs pre - Istanbul Go to http://gemm.com/ and search for THEY MIGHT BE GIANTS. You'll be able to find a few pre-Istanbul EPs there. Hope this helps, -Adam /----=========================================================----\ http://www.awod.com/gallery/rwav/ctyner/ The home of He-Man, "Weird Al", Yoo-hoo, Killer Tomatoes, and more! Demented music list admin O- MiSTie #67,326 ------------------------------ From: gray42@juno.com Date: Thu, 5 Mar 1998 15:32:45 -0500 Subject: Re: TMBG: mondegreens Message-ID: <19980305.155953.6462.0.gray42@juno.com> Your Culture killed my dog and I don't think it's fair. I know there are others, I just have trouble remembering them Mysterio Gal "They've Garble Warble Farble" --Slartibartfast "Here's hoping you don't become a robot. CLANG! CLANG! Whoops! Too late." --TMBG gray42@juno.com _____________________________________________________________________ You don't need to buy Internet access to use free Internet e-mail. Get completely free e-mail from Juno at http://www.juno.com Or call Juno at (800) 654-JUNO [654-5866] ------------------------------ From: gray42@juno.com Date: Thu, 5 Mar 1998 15:46:03 -0500 Subject: Re: TMBG: mondegreens Message-ID: <19980305.155953.6462.1.gray42@juno.com> >>Become A Robot (Don't Let's Start this discussion again.) >> >sorry i must've become a listie a little too late for this one. but i >know >they're not singing "harbor a wishnik" sounds more like "penguin" to >me. >this has boggled my friends and i for quite sometime. > >lovies, >rachel Interesting, I heard "Harbor a Dell Bell." Mysterio Gal "They've Garble Warble Fashes" --Slartibartfast gray42@juno.com _____________________________________________________________________ You don't need to buy Internet access to use free Internet e-mail. Get completely free e-mail from Juno at http://www.juno.com Or call Juno at (800) 654-JUNO [654-5866] ------------------------------ Message-ID: <19980305215923.23431.qmail@hotmail.com> From: "Jason F." Subject: TMBG: Re:mondegreens Date: Thu, 05 Mar 1998 13:59:22 PST Sorry I'm new and I don't know if anyone heard this in 32 Footsteps: "32 infant tree men running in place" ______________________________________________________ Get Your Private, Free Email at http://www.hotmail.com ------------------------------ Message-Id: <3.0.3.32.19980305193112.00984d30@mail.csrlink.net> Date: Thu, 05 Mar 1998 19:31:12 -0500 From: Dylan Flipse Subject: Re: TMBG: mondegreens Well, I've known the correct lyrics for a while now but often find myself unable to stop singing- "I remember the book suppository where they crowned the king of Cuba." Hehe. Don't be too cruel. Dylan "Mike Leffel could have easily made the same mistake" Flipse Dylan Flipse...one of them. - dflipse@csrlink.net Dylan's page is at http://www.geocities.com/Athens/9909/ for now. I'll never see myself in the mirror with my eyes closed -They Might Be Giants, the coolest thing this side of Zaphod Beeblebrox. ------------------------------ Date: Thu, 5 Mar 1998 17:43:20 -0800 (PST) From: Dorothy Hamill Subject: Re: TMBG: mondegreens Message-ID: until i got THEN, i thought The Replacements went like this: Hi, we're the new placemats... hi, we're the new placemats... hi we're the new placemats... and we're planning on the rack of lamb. hehe. i love this stuff. ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ it is 5am and the sun has charred the other side of the world and come back to us and painted the smoke over our heads an imperial violet. -- soul coughing ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ jillian a'lee redroom@pe.net ------------------------------ From: HallOfEyes Message-ID: <595760ca.34ff5840@aol.com> Date: Thu, 5 Mar 1998 20:58:19 EST Subject: TMBG: Tmbg.com TMBG.COM is slightly updated. There are tour dates and a new (from June 97 however) article in the News section... Waiting for some more Giant-cam movies :) Jordan WAR DANCE...doo doo doo doooo doodoooo ------------------------------ Message-Id: <199803060242.SAA25754@geocities.com> From: "Joel Gedalius" Subject: RE: TMBG: mondegreens (Purple Toupee ones) Date: Thu, 5 Mar 1998 21:42:42 -0500 > > Well, I've known the correct lyrics for a while now but often find myself > unable to stop singing- > > "I remember the book suppository where they crowned the king of Cuba." > > Hehe. Don't be too cruel. > > Dylan "Mike Leffel could have easily made the same mistake" Flipse > I've been trying to think of some but was unable to until I saw this Purple Toupee reference. I remembed my favorite one: "Now I'm very big, I'm a big apartment man" as compared to "I'm a big important man" I couldn't believe it when I found out I's wrong. It sounded SO much to me like that. also "Heard about some lady in a cell with some flats", "Purple will shelve the way", "CHinese people were biting in the park" (On another note: Gella, if you're on this list, send me a note) Joel "Now Leffel's big, he's a big apartment man" Gedalius ^T^M^B^G^ http://jew.base.org/they/ (Go here, go here! No stuff! I'm working. Especially go if you have IE40) Joel G (list memeber 10/96-6/97 & 2/98-?/??) ------------------------------ Message-Id: <3.0.1.32.19980305214525.0069e05c@130.127.28.14> Date: Thu, 05 Mar 1998 21:45:25 -0500 From: Adam Tyner Subject: Re: TMBG: Tmbg.com At 08:58 PM 3/5/98 EST, HallOfEyes wrote: >TMBG.COM is slightly updated. There are tour dates and a new (from June 97 >however) article in the News section... I'm appalled at TMBG.COM... I mean, shouldn't updates about the label situation, Mono Puff's album, and the new live album be posted THERE? They might want to seriously consider finding someone else to update the site. I mean, no new DASs have been uploaded since May '97! That's pathetic. -Adam /----=========================================================----\ http://www.awod.com/gallery/rwav/ctyner/ The home of He-Man, "Weird Al", Yoo-hoo, Killer Tomatoes, and more! Demented music list admin O- MiSTie #67,326 ------------------------------ From: mjames@envy.loyola.edu (Matthew James) Message-Id: <9803060343.AA00410@envy.loyola.edu> Subject: Re: TMBG: Tmbg.com Date: Thu, 5 Mar 1998 22:43:24 -0500 (EST) > At 08:58 PM 3/5/98 EST, HallOfEyes wrote: > >TMBG.COM is slightly updated. There are tour dates and a new (from June 97 > >however) article in the News section... > > I'm appalled at TMBG.COM... I mean, shouldn't updates about the label > situation, Mono Puff's album, and the new live album be posted THERE? They > might want to seriously consider finding someone else to update the site. > I mean, no new DASs have been uploaded since May '97! That's pathetic. While they have been pretty pathetic on some things it's possible that a live album was never supposed to be due for a while (we know how rumors can fly around about things, even if it is on the Restless site). Also, Mono Puff stuff I'd think would be more for the Monopuff.org page than the tmbg.com page (even if they did put up that Monopuff show on the tour dates). As for the label situation, if what that guy who posted earlier says is true, they aren't having label problems. It seemed kind of odd that their publicist wouldn't even had heard about a split from Elektra. Of course, she could just be covering that up for now. Still, they do lag a hell of a lot on many things like the new DASs. Matt -- Matt James mjames@greed.loyola.edu Loyola College in Baltimore, MD Bruce Campbell Gazette: www.bcgazette.com ------------------------------ Message-Id: <1.5.4.32.19980306040040.00680910@Cybnetonline.com> Date: Thu, 05 Mar 1998 22:00:40 -0600 From: "The Lil' Depressed Boy" Subject: Re: TMBG: TMBG surprise guest appearance >spotlights an artist (Beach Boys, Elton John, Henry Mancini) or theme ^^^^^^^^^^^ Took me awhile to notice this, pretti funny Nancy! LDB -- (this site cuts the amount of URL's I put in my Sig) My Web Page Index: http://www.cybnetonline.com/users/njack/ TMBG | D.U.M.B. NEWS | Mr. Gone Font ------------------------------ End of tmbg-list Digest #4-428 ******************************