Errors-To: owner-tmbg-digest@tmbg.org Reply-To: tmbg-digest@tmbg.org Sender: owner-tmbg-digest@tmbg.org Precedence: bulk From: owner-tmbg-digest@tmbg.org To: tmbg-digest@tmbg.org Subject: tmbg-list Digest #4-429 tmbg-list Digest, Volume 4, Number 429 Saturday, 7 March 1998 Today's Topics: TMBG: mondegreens TMBG: concert at CUA TMBG: riverdance similarity? Administrivia: If you wish to unsubscribe from this mailing send mail to tmbg-digest-request@tmbg.org for instructions on how to be automatically removed. --------------------------------------------------------------------- The views expressed herein are those of the individual authors. --------------------------------------------------------------------- tmbg-list is digested with Digest 3.3d (John Relph ). ---------------------------------------------------------------------- From: BenMoobil Message-ID: Date: Fri, 6 Mar 1998 04:14:13 EST Subject: TMBG: mondegreens And its Santa time for Tamone and heep day your in a man You sctatch my back and i'll scratch your lizard and i thought you said we had a deal! have sex on the land the mexicans canned ham! He was James K Polk Napoleon of the stuff I never went to that tropical island where everybody was snoring there just some more assorted lyrics from ~ The' Ben( he Might be Napoleon of the stuff too!) ------------------------------ From: mjames@envy.loyola.edu (Matthew James) Message-Id: <9803061540.AA00713@envy.loyola.edu> Subject: TMBG: concert at CUA Date: Fri, 6 Mar 1998 10:40:11 -0500 (EST) I called the Catholic University of America in DC today to try and find out about the show on April 17. The woman said that the concert had been added recently and due to the fact that students are on Spring break that I should call back next week. I then told her that I am not a student and she said that would be fine, only that tickets would be a bit more expensive for non-students. So the number to call is 202-319-5200. I'm gonna try back next week sometime and see if I can ascertain any more good info, ticket prices, where exactly they're playing, when tix will be available, etc. Matt -- Matt James mjames@greed.loyola.edu Loyola College in Baltimore, MD Bruce Campbell Gazette: www.bcgazette.com ------------------------------ Date: Fri, 6 Mar 1998 15:18:23 -0800 (PST) From: CassiniRocks Subject: TMBG: riverdance similarity? Message-ID: i'm a science teacher in So. Cal and as part of one of my courses, i play a mix tape to demonstrate speaker vibration according to different instruments...anyhow, Istanbul is one of the songs on the tape, and today after hearing a few seconds of the intro, one of the kids yelled out "WOW! it's Riverdance!" and i burst into laughter at the thought of the Johns donning clogs and tapping their way into the hearts of millions. just thought y'all would appreciate this silly story... ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ it is 5am and the sun has charred the other side of the world and come back to us and painted the smoke over our heads an imperial violet. -- soul coughing ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ jillian a'lee redroom@pe.net ------------------------------ End of tmbg-list Digest #4-429 ******************************