Errors-To: owner-tmbg-digest@tmbg.org Reply-To: tmbg-digest@tmbg.org Sender: owner-tmbg-digest@tmbg.org Precedence: bulk From: owner-tmbg-digest@tmbg.org To: tmbg-digest@tmbg.org Subject: tmbg-list Digest #4-431 tmbg-list Digest, Volume 4, Number 431 Monday, 9 March 1998 Today's Topics: TMBG: Opening Acts TMBG: Non TMBG : HTML TMBG:Mp3 + Real Audio TMBG: Opening Acts TMBG: Re: pc world (not constantinople) Re: TMBG:Mp3 + Real Audio TMBG: back with LIncoln... Re: TMBG: back with LIncoln... TMBG: vsmusic.com TMBG: VSMUSic Re: TMBG: here's some more... TMBG: Messed up lyrics (whacked out!) TMBG: mondegreens & they'll need a plane & 120 min cd TMBG: various, as alwayS TMBG: A web site suggestion? Re: TMBG: A web site suggestion? TMBG: SKULL MOUNTAIN is almost entirely online!! Re: TMBG: SKULL MOUNTAIN is almost entirely online!! TMBG: more mondegreens TMBG: Mondewhatzits TMBG: I typo more often than not Re: TMBG: SKULL MOUNTAIN is almost entirely online!! TMBG: Candy Butchers Page Update TMBG: this battle station is fully operational!! Administrivia: If you wish to unsubscribe from this mailing send mail to tmbg-digest-request@tmbg.org for instructions on how to be automatically removed. --------------------------------------------------------------------- The views expressed herein are those of the individual authors. --------------------------------------------------------------------- tmbg-list is digested with Digest 3.3d (John Relph ). ---------------------------------------------------------------------- Date: Sun, 08 Mar 1998 11:10:49 -0500 From: Jesse Richman Subject: TMBG: Opening Acts Message-id: <3.0.3.32.19980308111049.007f7100@pop.fast.net> There was in ad in the paper for the Boston show on Thursday, and it listed Lincoln and Double Dong as the opening acts. ++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++ Jesse Richman Fear is strangely comfortable hrichman@fast.net +Live+ st971096@pip.cc.brandeis.edu And although we were very thirsty Xopchipili@aol.com I questioned the oasis +Live+ Each new BELIEF is a LIMITED SET to be TRANSCENDED The Shamen ++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++ ------------------------------ Message-Id: <199803081704.JAA02140@geocities.com> From: "Joel Gedalius" Subject: TMBG: Non TMBG : HTML Date: Sun, 8 Mar 1998 12:03:26 -0500 I'm working on my TMBG page and I'm trying to make it so that when you click on a link to an image it opens in a new window approximately the size of the image. I'm able to get it to open in the new window, but I can't figure out the command to size it. One example is: The Guitar Date: Sun, 08 Mar 1998 12:06:48 +0000 From: CfeenyC Subject: TMBG:Mp3 + Real Audio I was wondering how to record songs on MP3 and Real Audio? Also the legal stuff about putting songs on the net (Mostly live stuff). I can put in into .wav but not Mp3 and RA, how does it work. Thanks -Chris "Feeny, who just found WDTSS? in a box of my sisters stuff :-o, and almost spent 6.99 on another one at borders" Campbell P.S. I don't like borders, it only had WDTSS, Flood, FS, A18 and they were all over the "T" section! Newbury comics has a TMBG section, and a TMBG section in the singals too, BIGGER selection! ------------------------------ From: Happyfroot Message-ID: Date: Sun, 8 Mar 1998 12:22:17 EST Subject: TMBG: Opening Acts >>Apparently TMBG doesn't have a running opening act like Lincoln or Cub this >>time around, or if they do, they don't have one lined up yet. I called the >>House of Blues in Myrtle Beach today, and they said that the opening band >>is still TBA... Really? In Worcester (according to the Tour Calender on some website), the opening act is Lincoln, although sometimes they switch up the opening acts....the show in Myrtle Beach may just be either an odd freak show or the club is dumb & doesn't know the opening band, & henceforth they told you it was TBA.... Of course, I might be right & I could be the one who's wrong.... oh, well jason "capt. profanity" glastetter ------------------------------ From: GoodOmenz Message-ID: <268bc161.3502d510@aol.com> Date: Sun, 8 Mar 1998 12:27:42 EST Subject: TMBG: Re: pc world (not constantinople) >i was flipping through pc world magazine today and the main feature ("best free >stuff") has art from the same artist that did the animation for 'istanbul' for mtv >liquid television from way back... >just thought that was interesting... does anyone know that artist by the way? i think, but i could easily be quite wrong, that it was done by J.otto [last name something that starts with an S] who also has a series of childrens books i cant remember. but theyre succesful! maybe something about a dog... and he's going to release a 7" recording of one of them on "opaque yellow vinyl" narrated and scored by mr brian dewan (of course i had to add that plug, sorry.) oh, i think doubledong are opening for the mighty giants on quite a few dates this tour... i wish flans would realize its just not funny ~liz ------------------------------ Message-Id: <3.0.3.32.19980308124342.006a07f8@mail.clemson.edu> Date: Sun, 08 Mar 1998 12:43:42 -0400 From: Adam Tyner Subject: Re: TMBG:Mp3 + Real Audio At 12:06 PM 3/8/98 +0000, CfeenyC wrote: >I was wondering how to record songs on MP3 and Real Audio? Also the >legal stuff about putting songs on the net (Mostly live stuff). I can >put in into .wav but not Mp3 and RA, how does it work. Thanks You can get a RealAudio encoder for free at http://www.real.com/ , and there's a list of encoders at http://www.mp3.com/ for making mp3 files. -Adam ------------------------------ Date: Sun, 8 Mar 1998 11:09:48 -0700 Subject: TMBG: back with LIncoln... Message-ID: <19980308.110959.11086.0.TMBgirl@juno.com> From: tmbgirl@juno.com (Joda: Master of Yedi) i would just like to announce that they are back on tour with lincoln... (who chose to break up like a week before they came to my humble city... grr... but i guess they're back touring as a three-piece or something) these are the only dates listed but i'm sure the rest will pop up soon enough... 3/27 Boston - Avalon 4/3 Worcester, MA - Clark U 4/16 new Haven, CT - Toad's Place 4/19 Buckhannon, WV - ROckefeller Center take it easy, JOrdaN http://www2.netcom.com/~arnot/joda/bootlegs.html ***Now, with...: punctuation - (for easy); reading!*** _____________________________________________________________________ You don't need to buy Internet access to use free Internet e-mail. Get completely free e-mail from Juno at http://www.juno.com Or call Juno at (800) 654-JUNO [654-5866] ------------------------------ Message-Id: <3.0.3.32.19980308132038.006a4738@mail.clemson.edu> Date: Sun, 08 Mar 1998 13:20:38 -0400 From: Adam Tyner Subject: Re: TMBG: back with LIncoln... (sobs) Of course Lincoln tours with 'em after I see TMBG perform. Oh well. That's my luck. :P TTYL, -Adam ------------------------------ From: Dr Worm X Message-ID: <37932db5.3502e264@aol.com> Date: Sun, 8 Mar 1998 13:24:33 EST Subject: TMBG: vsmusic.com Will the person who said that they found all of those singles on vsmusic.com please tell me either where to find them on the site, or if they're just gone, or something. Thanks. PPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPP Matt Turn around, turn around, it's a human skull on the ground You're so 1990, and it's 1994 The squirrels and the birds come, gather round to sing the guitar Satan couldn't hang ten, he could only hang four http://members.tripod.com/~drworm (SIGN MY GUESTBOOK!) PPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPP ------------------------------ From: mr.train@juno.com Date: Mon, 9 Mar 1998 02:09:46 -0500 Subject: TMBG: VSMUSic Message-ID: <19980309.020949.4470.3.Mr.Train@juno.com> I have received letters asking for info on the promo discs that I said were at vsmusic.com Check the Features page on the site... they have AKA Driver and Istanbul listed ... but please send your inquiries about the discs to vsmusic@vsmusic.com Thanks Tim, Miscellaneous Tim AKA TMB(do)G AKA Tambo (IRC) AKA Mr.Train (OML) Favorite TMBG song update: Last CD purchase: _____________________________________________________________________ You don't need to buy Internet access to use free Internet e-mail. Get completely free e-mail from Juno at http://www.juno.com Or call Juno at (800) 654-JUNO [654-5866] ------------------------------ From: gray42@juno.com Date: Sun, 8 Mar 1998 14:04:49 -0500 Subject: Re: TMBG: here's some more... Message-ID: <19980308.141733.6990.0.gray42@juno.com> I finally remembered a couple... In the nightgown of the sun and moon The shrunken head/ arising the bed/ of a self called nowhere Mysterio Gal "They've Garble Warble Fashes" --Slartibartfast gray42@juno.com _____________________________________________________________________ You don't need to buy Internet access to use free Internet e-mail. Get completely free e-mail from Juno at http://www.juno.com Or call Juno at (800) 654-JUNO [654-5866] ------------------------------ Message-Id: <199803082000.MAA15862@geocities.com> From: "Joel Gedalius" Subject: TMBG: Messed up lyrics (whacked out!) Date: Sun, 8 Mar 1998 14:59:38 -0500 "It's snowing, it's snowing, G-d I hate this sweater" (New York City) (still the alltime best song) "He wants a shoehorn--to bite with his teeth" (don't hurt me--I didn't know the title at the time) "I see stuff through my @$$ that I don't recognize at all" --Till My head falls off Joel "What's that brown thing doing there?" Gedalius PS The person that started this insanity said she wanted them to make a list...is this list being made? I'd like to get a copy of it...email me por favor ^T^M^B^G^ http://jew.base.org/they/ Joel G (list memeber 10/96-6/97 & 2/98-?/??) ------------------------------ From: KdsInThHal Message-ID: Date: Sun, 8 Mar 1998 15:59:34 EST Subject: TMBG: mondegreens & they'll need a plane & 120 min cd > So if you like that band with Chuck Seger, Sail your cup to see a > walrus's trombone If you dig Menudo, or NBC we salute you the way of > gnomes. ROTFLMAO!! What is it, MDC? I *still* sing it as NBC, I just cannot help it, and I've giving up trying to sing it right. ;) Too much Conan I guess. > Ummm, I was just looking at the tour list. My list shows that They are >in Orlando on 3/26 and Boston on 3/27. Isn't that like an incredibly >LONG drive? > I used to live on the East Coast, and I don't recall that being humanly > possible within 24 hours, without killing oneself. Have They bought a >plane recently? Well I know when they were here in Rochester in 12/96, on WBER they were talking about coming back here for the next tour, and joking about well that is if they were still alive seeing as they'd be taking a prop plane back to nyc the next day. > i'm a science teacher in So. Cal and as part of one of my courses, i > play a mix tape to demonstrate speaker vibration according to > different instruments...anyhow, Istanbul is one of the songs on the > tape, and today after hearing a few seconds of the intro, one of the > kids yelled out "WOW! it's Riverdance!" and i burst into laughter at > the thought of the Johns donning clogs and tapping their way into the > hearts of millions. {laughing} oh my god that is such hilarious imagery! LOL!! :D > sorry i'm new but i'm sure everyone has rush out and bought the > mtv120minutes live cd right? (of course everyone already have a > recorded bootleg of some sort....) Errm um, no. Not me. I have no plans to get it. {shrug} I have the appearance on video and... I don't know, it's just Particle Man. Maybe if there were 2 or 3 other groups I dug on it I'd shell out the 15 or so dollars.. But I find my priorities in completing my Sarah McLachlan and Ani DiFranco collections.:) *~sarah -- http://lava.home.ml.org "MTV is *fired*. And Matt Pinfield - SHOT." -- Sarah McLachlan list member ------------------------------ Message-ID: <19980308215823.25470.qmail@hotmail.com> From: "Charles Hodges" Subject: TMBG: various, as alwayS Date: Sun, 08 Mar 1998 13:58:22 PST ladies and gentlemen, it's time once again for my weekly posT! i know you've all been holding your collective breath for this, so i hope i don't disappoint anyonE... 1) first of all, although it's late, happy march 8th to all the women on the lisT. hope it was a good onE. 2) my TMBG dream (the only one i've ever had that i remembeR): it was real simple, just me listening to a cd with a new song called "a life less extraordinarY" with flansburgh singing a kinda cheesy chorus and linnel playing accordioN. the evening before, i had seen an mtv special about the movie "a life less ordinary" (which i haven't seeN). anyways, i always thought that was a great title for anything, so i guess my subconscious just giantized it and came up with... thaT. 3) concerning mondegreens (where'd that name come from anywayS?) i don't remember ever having this experience, mainly because i always accompany with the lyricS. it could have happened with the singles, aka driver and fs, but i don't remembeR. well, concerning some of the one's i've reaD: a) i think he does sing "my fantasy is in a xerox shoP" in "snowball in helL." i see it as having a connection with "sleeping in the flowerS:" "i got a crusH / copy shop clerK" (am i stretching iT?) b) i always hear "harbor a penguin" in "become a robot" toO. and i choose to continue hearing it because penguins are my second favorite animals (after platypi, of coursE) 4) the "particle maN / spidermaN" connection is old hat by now, and i want to know if this one iS: my brother heard me playing an mp3 of the slow version of "meet james ensoR" (the first one i goT. yaY!) and started singing "meet george jetsoN." opinions pleasE 5) and speaking of songs influencing and being influenced, the "weird al" yankovic connection on "everything you know is wrong" is clearly establisheD. but what about the song on the same album called "i remember larrY"? anyone notice how the chorus sounds like the chorus from "see the constellatioN"? or am i less sane than i pretend to supposE? well, "see" (ha-ha) y'all next week, same time, same placE HW (r) aka platybuS aka enjauladO aka official tmbg am... oh, you knoW ---------- CD listened to: xtc's "fossil fueL" disc 2 last movie seeN: the full montY "bless you bless you all of you pretty girlS / quiet or witty girlS..." - xtC ______________________________________________________ Get Your Private, Free Email at http://www.hotmail.com ------------------------------ Message-Id: <3.0.3.32.19980308190504.00697e44@mail.clemson.edu> Date: Sun, 08 Mar 1998 19:05:04 -0500 From: Adam Tyner Subject: TMBG: A web site suggestion? I'm sure some of you out there have the technical expertise to implement this..here's a goofy little idea I had for a TMBG web site (or an addition to one, possibly)... I think it would be interesting to have a page with listings of people who are going to be at certain concerts. One page would have a form where people could enter certain information (such as their name, e-mail address, concert venue, date, & maybe an URL to a photo), and another page would display that information. Maybe the script could also have an option to view entries by date or by venue... Since it doesn't look like the OMLT's are going to be here anytime soon, this might be a fun way to meet up with fellow listies on the concert trail. :) TTYL, -Adam ------------------------------ From: Strawbos69 Message-ID: Date: Sun, 8 Mar 1998 19:15:17 EST Subject: Re: TMBG: A web site suggestion? >> ctyner@CLEMSON.EDU (Adam Tyner) enthusiastically typed out... >I think it would be interesting to have a page with listings of people who >are going to be at certain concerts. OOOOOOOOOoooooooooooo!!!!!! This would be SO cool! Not that THEY are going to be in my area anytime soon, but this would be great!!!!! Any takers? I would, but gosh darn it, I just don't know where to start, or how, or, oh nevermind.... "OFF TO SKULL MOUNTAIN!" ------------------------------ Date: Sun, 8 Mar 1998 18:07:20 -0700 (MST) From: J Kuemmerle Subject: TMBG: SKULL MOUNTAIN is almost entirely online!! Message-ID: On Sun, 8 Mar 1998, Strawbos69 wrote: > >> ctyner@CLEMSON.EDU (Adam Tyner) enthusiastically typed out... > >I think it would be interesting to have a page with listings of people who > >are going to be at certain concerts. > > OOOOOOOOOoooooooooooo!!!!!! This would be SO cool! Not that THEY are going > to be in my area anytime soon, but this would be great!!!!! Any takers? (snip) > "OFF TO SKULL MOUNTAIN!" i take, and here it is: http://www.geocities.com/soho/gallery/4668/skullmountain.html unfortunately, geocities decided to yank my file manager out from underneath me while i was doing it, so i haven't yet gotten to, say, upload the logo, or putz around with the text colors or anything like that, but the only things missing from the site right now are: (1) cosmetic garbage like what's listed above, and (2) posts!! i need posts!! if you know you're going to be at a concert, let me know, and i'll put your info there!! --jim kuemmerle, owner and proprietor of skull mountain j.kuemmerle@m.cc.utah.edu http://www.geocities.com/soho/gallery/4668/ ------------------------------ From: Strawbos69 Message-ID: Date: Sun, 8 Mar 1998 20:13:57 EST Subject: Re: TMBG: SKULL MOUNTAIN is almost entirely online!! In a message dated 98-03-08 20:08:55 EST, J.Kuemmerle@m.cc.utah.edu writes: << i take, and here it is: http://www.geocities.com/soho/gallery/4668/skullmountain.html >> You are the coolest person I've never met in person! :) And if THEY make it back here, I will diffinitely contribute! Or, perhaps it's time for a 3,000 mile ROADTRIP! "Umm boss, can I have 3 weeks off, there's this band I want to see..." Excuse me, i have to go watch Peter Pan again... ------------------------------ Date: Sun, 8 Mar 1998 20:30:45 -0500 (EST) From: "Jennifer L. Geese" Subject: TMBG: more mondegreens Message-Id: Here are a couple lyrics that I misheard when I first started listening to Them: Luke and Harry in the outlet by the light switch/ Who's watching over you? - I'm thinking "Oh, a song about irresponsible parents." You're a weasel overcome with Dew - Go figure Pull out that blue suburban Jen Midwest XTC fans - ask me about MilCon! ------------------------------ Date: Sun, 8 Mar 1998 21:52:51 -0600 (GMT-0600) From: Amy Greenlese Subject: TMBG: Mondewhatzits Message-ID: *PS The person that started this insanity said she wanted them to make a *list...is this list being made? I'd like to get a copy of it. Insanity, but more fun than a barrell of monkeys. I am indeddy man=king a list of all of these, which will be turned into a web page ASAP, like, tomorrow. Once it's up for good I'll let you all know where it is, 'k? Amy :) ------------------------------ Date: Sun, 8 Mar 1998 22:00:17 -0600 (GMT-0600) From: Amy Greenlese Subject: TMBG: I typo more often than not Message-ID: Ok, if you can't figure out what a "man=king" is from my last post, it's supposed to be "making". Sorry. Amy :) ------------------------------ Date: Sun, 8 Mar 1998 22:18:13 -0700 (MST) From: J Kuemmerle Subject: Re: TMBG: SKULL MOUNTAIN is almost entirely online!! Message-ID: On Sun, 8 Mar 1998, Strawbos69 gushed: > << i take, and here it is: > http://www.geocities.com/soho/gallery/4668/skullmountain.html >> > > You are the coolest person I've never met in person! :) *blush* just doin' my duty for tmbg-dom! i've been waiting for quite a while for the opportunity to do something tmbg-related on the web, and this was the perfect one! (that being said, i probably wouldn't have done it if it weren't for your suggestion of a title for the thing!) > And if THEY make it back here, I will diffinitely contribute! Or, > perhaps it's time for a 3,000 mile ROADTRIP! "Umm boss, can I have 3 > weeks off, there's this band I want to see..." it's just, oh... four days' drive away... > Excuse me, i have to go watch Peter Pan again... ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh.... THAT skull mountain!! :) --jim kuemmerle, who is still waiting for his geocities file manager to come back online... --- SKULL MOUNTAIN intellectuals meet with other intellectuals and speak another language --- http://www.geocities.com/soho/gallery/4668/skullmountain.html ------------------------------ From: CButchers Message-ID: Date: Mon, 9 Mar 1998 01:05:21 EST Subject: TMBG: Candy Butchers Page Update Hi everyone, The Unofficial Candy Butchers Page has been updated. Complete with a picture (yes, finally a picture!) and tour date and discography updates.... Stay tuned for more. Larry http://members.aol.com/CButchers - Support the Unofficial Candy Butchers Page. Offer FTP or webspace. ------------------------------ Date: Sun, 8 Mar 1998 23:59:52 -0700 (MST) From: J Kuemmerle Subject: TMBG: this battle station is fully operational!! Message-ID: hey everybody! geocities finally finished whatever it was they were doing, and i was finally able to put some finishing touches on SKULL MOUNTAIN!!! (insert thunder, lighting, maniacal laughter here) already, there are two posts up: one for the orlando show on the 26th, and one for the cmu show on 4/17. so drop by and leave me a note, using the extremely convenient form provided, and i'll put your concert-going plans up there for all us listies to see! --jim kuemmerle, the skull head who's in front of you... j.kuemmerle@m.cc.utah.edu SKULL MOUNTAIN: it's closer than la maisonette restaurant... http://www.geocities.com/soho/gallery/4668/skullmountain.html ------------------------------ End of tmbg-list Digest #4-431 ******************************