Errors-To: owner-tmbg-digest@tmbg.org Reply-To: tmbg-digest@tmbg.org Sender: owner-tmbg-digest@tmbg.org Precedence: bulk From: owner-tmbg-digest@tmbg.org To: tmbg-digest@tmbg.org Subject: tmbg-list Digest #4-434 tmbg-list Digest, Volume 4, Number 434 Thursday, 12 March 1998 Today's Topics: TMBG: Hi There... TMBG: Re: S-E-X-X-Y Johns TMBG: Enlighten Me---Please!!! TMBG: female members | movies Re: TMBG: Enlighten Me---Please!!! TMBG: My upcoming TMBG interview Re: TMBG: Tour Dates Re: TMBG: Tour Dates Re: TMBG: Tour Dates Re: TMBG: S-E-X-X-Y Johns Re: TMBG: S-E-X-X-Y Johns, not for me TMBG: Bestowment of title Re: NON-TMBG: Bestowment of title Re: TMBG: Bestowment of title Re: NON-TMBG: Bestowment of title Re: TMBG: They oughta be in pictures TMBG: the whole biopic thing TMBG: Re: tmbg-list Digest #4-433 Re: TMBG: Tour Dates Re: TMBG: They oughta be in pictures Re: TMBG: Tour Dates MOST NON-NON, NON-NON,NON-NON TMBG:Monkey Island 2 Re: TMBG: the whole biopic thing Re: TMBG: Tour Dates Administrivia: If you wish to unsubscribe from this mailing send mail to tmbg-digest-request@tmbg.org for instructions on how to be automatically removed. --------------------------------------------------------------------- The views expressed herein are those of the individual authors. --------------------------------------------------------------------- tmbg-list is digested with Digest 3.3d (John Relph ). ---------------------------------------------------------------------- Date: Wed, 11 Mar 1998 04:39:28 -0700 (MST) From: jim Subject: TMBG: Hi There... Message-ID: I am brand spankin' new to the tMBg mailing list but I have been an avid listener since 1990. I have one curious question about tMBg and the Johns being able to change back to Bar None from Electra. Did Electra break what I thought was tMBg's six album contract or was it only a four album contract or am I completely of my rocker and I don't know what I am talking about? -jim ------------------------------ From: ArwenAnaNg Message-ID: <5047e901.350687f9@aol.com> Date: Wed, 11 Mar 1998 07:47:50 EST Subject: TMBG: Re: S-E-X-X-Y Johns In a message dated 98-03-11 02:05:52 EST, you write: << oh, boy. i think i'm going to have to agree with whoever suggested this not become a thread. thinking of the Johns making sweet love down by the fire is something i prefer not to do. it's like thinking about a teacher (or your parents!!!!!) doing it. >> Oops! I keep forgetting how young this list is. The John's are only about 10 years older than me (I'm 28), and my husband (whom I love dearly and he thinks it's funny that I get loopy over Flans) is 11 years older than me. So to me, it's not like "parent-teacher" night at all... in fact, it's quite plausible. ^_~ Arwen "I'm older than I've ever been and now I'm even older" AnaNg ------------------------------ Date: Wed, 11 Mar 1998 07:51:24 -0600 (CST) Message-Id: <199803111351.HAA28882@sendit.sendit.nodak.edu> From: "!" Subject: TMBG: Enlighten Me---Please!!! I have a few questions that have been boggling my mind for some time and would love to have a response. First, what ever happened to OMLT--did I miss something??? Second, I realize that there is a live TMBG album on the way this summer, but is that the dreaded "Insect Hotel", or what. Finally, why is there no mention of Monopuff on the bar-none web page?? Chris Haufschild chaufsch@sendit.nodak.edu ------------------------------ Date: Wed, 11 Mar 1998 07:53:01 -0700 Subject: TMBG: female members | movies Message-ID: <19980311.075305.11094.1.TMBgirl@juno.com> From: tmbgirl@juno.com (Joda: Master of Yedi) >Well, TMBG would have to get a female band member >before I could agree with you all. they do have a female member now.... what's her name... diana harrold? anyways she plays the vibraphone or something... anybody that was at those last merc lounge shows i'm sure could clear this all up a bit... > if there was ever to be a bio pic about >the Johns, who would play the part of Flansburgh? >steve, in my opinion, would have to play Linnell. > but who's the right guy for flansy? hehee.... i'd say david spade and chris farley... oh wait.... take it easy, JOrdaN http://www2.netcom.com/~arnot/joda/bootlegs.html ***Now, with...: punctuation - (for easy); reading!*** _____________________________________________________________________ You don't need to buy Internet access to use free Internet e-mail. Get completely free e-mail from Juno at http://www.juno.com Or call Juno at (800) 654-JUNO [654-5866] ------------------------------ Message-Id: <3.0.1.32.19980311100703.0069c9e8@130.127.28.14> Date: Wed, 11 Mar 1998 10:07:03 -0500 From: Adam Tyner Subject: Re: TMBG: Enlighten Me---Please!!! At 07:51 AM 3/11/98 -0600, ! wrote: >I have a few questions that have been boggling my mind for some time and >would love to have a response. First, what ever happened to OMLT--did I I think it's faded into obscurity. I'm really disappointed that they STILL aren't done...I'd love to be wearing it when I see TMBG on the 21st... :( >miss something??? Second, I realize that there is a live TMBG album on the >way this summer, but is that the dreaded "Insect Hotel", or what. Finally, Yup, this is something else entirely. Insect Hospital, or whatever it ends up being called, will be a studio album, while Severe Tire Damage will be live. >why is there no mention of Monopuff on the bar-none web page?? The Bar-None page isn't updated often... :( -Adam /----=========================================================----\ http://www.awod.com/gallery/rwav/ctyner/ The home of He-Man, "Weird Al", Yoo-hoo, Killer Tomatoes, and more! Demented music list admin O- MiSTie #67,326 ------------------------------ Date: Wed, 11 Mar 1998 10:52:46 -0500 (EST) From: Destin.Berthelot@Rollins.Edu Subject: TMBG: My upcoming TMBG interview Message-id: <01IUJCVDN75U00043U@Fox.Rollins.Edu> Organization: Rollins College I just finally sealed the deal to do a 10-15 minute interview with one of the Johns at the Orlando show on mar. 26th. I'll be taping it to broadcast on my radio show the next wednesday. I won't know who I'll get to talk to until they come out, by the way. Anyway, I'll be sure to report back to the list with anything I glean from them... but I wanted to find out if any of you have any *good* questions I might ask them, since I'd like to be prepared to avoid drooling all over myself. Nothing like "Ohmigod! Have you guys had sex yet?" or crap like that, but if there's anything legitimate you guys can offer I'd like to hear it. Send questions to me, please, not the list. Oh, I'm going to try and put the interview up in realaudio if I can, so I'll keep you all posted on how this whole thing develops. Thanks! Destin dberthelot@rollins.edu http://fox.rollins.edu/~dberthelot/ btw, sorry about the crappily formatted email... it's a lousy telnet program. ------------------------------ Message-Id: <3.0.1.32.19980311082909.006a28b8@pop.ben2.ucla.edu> Date: Wed, 11 Mar 1998 08:29:09 -0800 From: J Chen Subject: Re: TMBG: Tour Dates >Somebody asked about tour dates. Sorry, I lost the original post, but this is >what I have so far... > >Mar 21, 1998 HOUSE OF BLUES MYRTLE BEACH SC >Mar 23, 1998 FLORIDA THEATER GAINESVILLE FL >Mar 24, 1998 CLUB FIVE JACKSONVILLE FL >Mar 25, 1998 JANNUS LANDING ST PETERSBURG FL >Mar 26, 1998 EMBASSY ORLANDO FL >Mar 27, 1998 AVALON BOSTON MA >Mar 28, 1998 RENSSELAER POLY. INST. TROY NY >Apr 3, 1998 CLARK UNIVERSITY WORCESTER MA >Apr 4, 1998 KNELLAR ATHLETIC CENTER, WORCESTER MA >Apr 15, 1998 SETON HALL UNIVERSITY SOUTH ORANGE NJ >Apr 16, 1998 TOAD'S PLACE NEW HAVEN CT >Apr 17, 1998 CATHOLIC UNIVERSITY WASHINGTON DC >Apr 18, 1998 ROCKEFELLER CENTER BUCKHANNON WV >Apr 19, 1998 CULTURAL CENTER WESLEYAN COLLEGE CHARLESTON WV >Apr 23, 1998 DAWSON AUDITORIUM ADRIAN MI >Apr 26, 1998 OHIO WESLEYAN UNIVERSITY DELEWARE OH >May 3, 1998 FIELDHOUSE ITHACA NY (sigh) Once again, They fail to notice that there is another half of the United States. Summer, maybe? So is the live album the only planned release so far? What happened to the regular album (with the possible Fac Showroom leftovers)? --LVJeff ==========================_______________________________________... . . . | from LVJeff | Kerim Bey: "But I am already in your debt." | friend to Lan's tigers | James Bond: "How can a friend be in debt?" | alecson@ucla.edu | ========================== - From Russia with Love ------------------------------ Message-Id: <3.0.1.32.19980311120609.006a1ca4@130.127.28.14> Date: Wed, 11 Mar 1998 12:06:09 -0500 From: Adam Tyner Subject: Re: TMBG: Tour Dates At 08:29 AM 3/11/98 -0800, J Chen wrote: > > (sigh) Once again, They fail to notice that there is another half of >the United States. Summer, maybe? Well, no matter where they're touring, someone's gonna complain. :) TTYL, -Adam /----=========================================================----\ http://www.awod.com/gallery/rwav/ctyner/ The home of He-Man, "Weird Al", Yoo-hoo, Killer Tomatoes, and more! Demented music list admin O- MiSTie #67,326 ------------------------------ Date: Wed, 11 Mar 1998 11:17:44 -0600 (CST) From: Kim Justice Subject: Re: TMBG: Tour Dates Message-ID: On Wed, 11 Mar 1998, Adam Tyner wrote: > At 08:29 AM 3/11/98 -0800, J Chen wrote: > > (sigh) Once again, They fail to notice that there is another half of > >the United States. Summer, maybe? > > Well, no matter where they're touring, someone's gonna complain. :) They obviously know where Their fans are concentrated; remember how dead the list was when the northeast was buried under a blizzard late last year? If They're smart, They've also spent some time looking at fan density versus ZIP codes from Their mailing list database. kj -- justicek@edge.net (Kim Justice) | Draw the line dividing laugh and http://edge.edge.net/~justicek | scream. ------------------------------ Date: Wed, 11 Mar 1998 11:22:58 -0600 (CST) From: "Christopher M. Stangl" Subject: Re: TMBG: S-E-X-X-Y Johns Message-ID: On Tue, 10 Mar 1998, ArwenAnaNg wrote: > I, for another, am not bothered a bit by their previous or current sexual > practices. In fact, I'd bet that there's several ladies on the list that have > had various dreams/fantasies about having a wild romp with either (or both?) > of the Johns... or am I the only one? (I personally think Flans is S-E-X-X-Y!) > Fess up! Be honest with yourself and your fellow listies! ^_~ > Arwen "I wonder what Mike Leffel would have to say on this topic" AnaNg I've never understood the Flanny appeal. Now Linnell, *there*'s a lovely specimen. Sigh. -Chris Stangl ------------------------------ Date: Wed, 11 Mar 1998 11:28:02 -0600 (CST) From: "Christopher M. Stangl" Subject: Re: TMBG: S-E-X-X-Y Johns, not for me Message-ID: On Tue, 10 Mar 1998, CfeenyC wrote: > This would be true if I ever were to have a crush on a male, which has > never happend yet, and hope never does! > -Chris "Feeny" Campbell Hope it never does? How bad do you think it is? C'mon, even an upstanding masculine, monosexual lad like yourself can't deny Linnell's big doe-eyes and Haircut Of The Gods... -Chris Stangl > rachel wrote: > > > At 02:59 PM 3/10/98 +0000, you wrote: > > >Well, TMBG would have to get a female band member before I could agree > > >with you all. > > > > > >-Chris "Feeny, who wishes that he was in another world that had the > > >female equivalent to the johns" Campbell > > > > > > > > awe c'mon! admit it! if you ever had a crush on a guy it would be them! > > even my boyfriend admited that. > > > > lovies, > > rachel > > > ------------------------------ Message-ID: <19980311183657.10027.qmail@hotmail.com> From: "Nick Wolf" Subject: TMBG: Bestowment of title Date: Wed, 11 Mar 1998 11:36:56 MST I, Nick Wolf, TMBG Ambassador to the state of New Mexico do hereby bestow apon you, Jim Kuemmerle, the title of 'The Man'. This title has been given without previous nomination, but for your actions to better society (This list). (Side note: It is actually my duty, and mine alone, to hand out this title officially. While it is ok for others to say 'You're the man!', I'm the only one who can officially give this title out. Thank you for your cooperation and support.) (Side note 2: My email addy is different right now because I'm on spring break.) Refund, TMBG Ambassador to New Mexico ______________________________________________________ Get Your Private, Free Email at http://www.hotmail.com ------------------------------ Date: Wed, 11 Mar 1998 13:55:24 -0500 From: Chad Maloney Subject: Re: NON-TMBG: Bestowment of title Message-id: <3506DE1C.199561C5@rosevc.rose-hulman.edu> Nick Wolf wrote: > (Side note: It is actually my duty, and mine alone, to hand out this > title officially. While it is ok for others to say 'You're the man!', > I'm the only one who can officially give this title out. Thank you for > your cooperation and support.) Hey Nick, With your new found duty, could you please do the entire list a favor? Can you bestow the title of 'The Man' on the Man from the WDTSS? EP? It would very much embiggen everyone's life here in a most cromulent way. Maybe not as much as bringing Herr Leffel back, but sometimes, we settle for what we can get at the moment. - Chad "Graham Maby may be a hottie, but think of what you can do with one of the Exquisite Dead Guy puppet heads" Maloney ------------------------------ From: Strawbos69 Message-ID: Date: Wed, 11 Mar 1998 13:56:45 EST Subject: Re: TMBG: Bestowment of title In a recent post: first_of_five@hotmail.com announced: << I, Nick Wolf, TMBG Ambassador to the state of New Mexico do hereby bestow apon you, Jim Kuemmerle, the title of 'The Man' >> "Ya know when they say "you the man"? Well, I'm the guy they're talking about!" -Alec, the drummer dude... As far as tour dates, I predict They will hit the NW when I'm in Australia. :( Which reminds me, anyone out their in Sydney? Please write back, I have a few questions! :) -strawbos69 ------------------------------ From: Strawbos69 Message-ID: Date: Wed, 11 Mar 1998 14:04:48 EST Subject: Re: NON-TMBG: Bestowment of title In a message dated 98-03-11 13:59:30 EST, opercmm@RoseVC.Rose-Hulman.Edu writes: << "Graham Maby may be a hottie, but think of what you can do with one of the Exquisite Dead Guy puppet heads" >> Let's not think about that.... ------------------------------ From: mr.train@juno.com Date: Thu, 12 Mar 1998 01:58:03 -0500 Subject: Re: TMBG: They oughta be in pictures Message-ID: <19980312.020501.6294.1.Mr.Train@juno.com> On Tue, 10 Mar 1998 22:53:54 -0700 (MST) J Kuemmerle writes: >On Wed, 11 Mar 1998, BenMoobil wrote: > >> >>if there was ever to be a bio pic about >> >>the Johns, who would play the part of Flansburgh? steve, in my >opinion, >> >>would have to play Linnell. but who's the right guy for flansy? <> I believe we've been through this... If I remember correctly we had the whole band picked out... You are all wrong on Flansy.. it's Dan Ackroyd Tim, he was out of Xenia Miscellaneous Tim AKA TMB(do)G AKA Tambo (IRC) AKA Mr.Train (OML) Favorite TMBG song update: They'll Need A Crane Last CD purchase: SleepingITF / AKADriver promo singles _____________________________________________________________________ You don't need to buy Internet access to use free Internet e-mail. Get completely free e-mail from Juno at http://www.juno.com Or call Juno at (800) 654-JUNO [654-5866] ------------------------------ Date: Wed, 11 Mar 1998 13:08:06 -0700 (MST) From: J Kuemmerle Subject: TMBG: the whole biopic thing Message-ID: On Thu, 12 Mar 1998 mr.train@juno.com wrote: > I believe we've been through this... If I remember correctly we had the > whole band picked out... > You are all wrong on Flansy.. it's Dan Ackroyd tim-- when was this? (diggin' through the archives for something like that is a pretty daunting task when i wasn't there to have any signposts to guide my searching...) btw, i see your point, but i'm afraid it would have to be a younger dan ackroyd... and who understands brooklyn better than jeff goldblum, even if flans is or isn't jewish... (whatever.) --jim "the man" kuemmerle, who wonders if his new title can help him get john corbett for the biopic... j.kuemmerle@m.cc.utah.edu SKULL MOUNTAIN: we'll meet at the end of the tour... http://www.geocities.com/soho/gallery/4668/skullmountain.html ------------------------------ From: KdsInThHal Message-ID: Date: Wed, 11 Mar 1998 16:16:34 EST Subject: TMBG: Re: tmbg-list Digest #4-433 >but who's the right guy for flansy? Um, Dan Akroyd, du-uhhhh... ;D rotfl... heehee.. sarah......... ------------------------------ Message-Id: Date: Wed, 11 Mar 98 18:18 EST From: kbrodbec@remcen.ehhs.cmich.edu (Kirsten Brodbeck) Subject: Re: TMBG: Tour Dates >Apr 23, 1998 DAWSON AUDITORIUM ADRIAN MI Woo hoo!! Any Adrian listies with more information? Kirsten -- |||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||| "Peggy, I'm tryin' to hold off an outbreak here, and you're drivin' the monkey to the airport!" - Hank Hill "King of the Hill )*(*)*(*)Kirsten Brodbeck*kbrodbec@remcen.ehhs.cmich.edu*AKA Crow(*)*(*)*( ------------------------------ From: BenMoobil Message-ID: <1a96b311.35072486@aol.com> Date: Wed, 11 Mar 1998 18:55:49 EST Subject: Re: TMBG: They oughta be in pictures In a message dated 3/11/98 1:13:02 PM Central Standard Time, mr.train@juno.com writes: << I believe we've been through this... If I remember correctly we had the whole band picked out... You are all wrong on Flansy.. it Dan Ackroid Dan would be the logical choice but his acting skills have erroded so far who wants to see this hack play Flans? The Ben( brought to you live in funky fresh Carp~O~ vision) ------------------------------ Message-Id: <3.0.3.32.19980311213431.00953100@mail.csrlink.net> Date: Wed, 11 Mar 1998 21:34:31 -0500 From: Dylan Flipse Subject: Re: TMBG: Tour Dates At 01:40 AM 3/11/98 EST, you wrote: >May 3, 1998 FIELDHOUSE ITHACA NY Yip! Yip! Yip! Just over a hundred miles from MY house but in that time I will have my license and it's just 20 or so miles from the houses of many of my friends. My dad has already said that I can go. Only question is this-where did whoever posted the date find out about it. Also, if anyone has any info on the fieldhouse, that'd be appreciated. Thankies. Oh yesh, and I don't think anyone could do Flans any better than Dan Ackroyd. Dylan "Gotta keep up with my Leffel Palindrome Leffel mentions" Flipse Dylan Flipse...one of them. - dflipse@csrlink.net Dylan's page is at http://www.geocities.com/Athens/9909/ for now. I'll never see myself in the mirror with my eyes closed -They Might Be Giants, the coolest thing this side of Zaphod Beeblebrox. ------------------------------ From: mr.train@juno.com Date: Thu, 12 Mar 1998 10:37:59 -0500 Subject: MOST NON-NON, NON-NON,NON-NON TMBG:Monkey Island 2 Message-ID: <19980312.103800.10990.0.Mr.Train@juno.com> OK... as you see by the subj line, you should only be reading this if you are familiar with the game Monkey Island 2... I just beat it after getting it WAY after I got one... I saw Sam and Max in 1 only after asking the TMBG list... now reading the credits again, I see that S & M (whoa! better not abbreviate any more!) made another appearance? does anyone know where they are? Also, what about that ending [to MI2], I was disappointed it was kinda lame... Oh well, I start MI3 tomorrow... maybe it'll explain... I'm going to bed... Tim, or go bowling with your mom, or cook dinner, or paint a strangers house in the middle of the night, or join a funk band, or go out for pasta... Miscellaneous Tim AKA TMB(do)G AKA Tambo (IRC) AKA Mr.Train (OML) Favorite TMBG song update: They'll Need A Crane Last CD purchase: SITFlowers/AKADriver promo singles _____________________________________________________________________ You don't need to buy Internet access to use free Internet e-mail. Get completely free e-mail from Juno at http://www.juno.com Or call Juno at (800) 654-JUNO [654-5866] ------------------------------ From: mr.train@juno.com Date: Thu, 12 Mar 1998 10:44:17 -0500 Subject: Re: TMBG: the whole biopic thing Message-ID: <19980312.104418.10990.1.Mr.Train@juno.com> On Wed, 11 Mar 1998 13:08:06 -0700 (MST) J Kuemmerle writes: >On Thu, 12 Mar 1998 mr.train@juno.com wrote: > I believe we've been through this... If I remember correctly we had >the whole band picked out... >> You are all wrong on Flansy.. it's Dan Ackroyd > >tim-- > >when was this? (diggin' through the archives for something like that >is a >pretty daunting task when i wasn't there to have any signposts to >guide my >searching...) <> >j.kuemmerle@m.cc.utah.edu >SKULL MOUNTAIN: we'll meet at the end of the tour... >http://www.geocities.com/soho/gallery/4668/skullmountain.html Gosh, I have no idea when this was discussed... I can say well after Flesh Fest and well before the trading cards... maybe around the same time as trading cards, I really don't know... any lkist vets help me out? Tim, check it totally out (it's not mine): http://www.weblink.org/weblink/tmbg/cards.html [I have no idea if it is still there] Miscellaneous Tim AKA TMB(do)G AKA Tambo (IRC) AKA Mr.Train (OML) Favorite TMBG song update:They'll Need A Crane Last CD purchase:SleepingITF/AKA Driver promo singles _____________________________________________________________________ You don't need to buy Internet access to use free Internet e-mail. Get completely free e-mail from Juno at http://www.juno.com Or call Juno at (800) 654-JUNO [654-5866] ------------------------------ From: Strawbos69 Message-ID: <47844a1d.35076236@aol.com> Date: Wed, 11 Mar 1998 23:19:00 EST Subject: Re: TMBG: Tour Dates In a message dated 98-03-11 15:09:17 EST, eck@indy.net writes: << At 01:40 AM 3/11/98 EST, you wrote: >Apr 26, 1998 OHIO WESLEYAN UNIVERSITY DELEWARE OH >where did you find out about this date? I compiled the tour list from: www.ticketmast.com (I believe this is where the OH date appeared) www.wilma.com pollstar from www.tmbg.org If someone else has found additional tour dates at another site, please let me know, I'm trying to keep a running list. Happy Hunting! "I can scare the hell outta joggers" ------------------------------ End of tmbg-list Digest #4-434 ******************************