Errors-To: owner-tmbg-digest@tmbg.org Reply-To: tmbg-digest@tmbg.org Sender: owner-tmbg-digest@tmbg.org Precedence: bulk From: owner-tmbg-digest@tmbg.org To: tmbg-digest@tmbg.org Subject: tmbg-list Digest #4-443 tmbg-list Digest, Volume 4, Number 443 Saturday, 21 March 1998 Today's Topics: TMBG: Re: tmbg-list Digest #4-442 NON-TMBG: Placating Egos! (none) TMBG: concert shirts TMBG: Free CD's Re: TMBG: what to wear to the shows... Re: TMBG: what to wear to the shows... Re: TMBG: What to wear in Pittsburgh Re: NON-TMBG: Placating Egos! Re: NON-TMBG: Placating Egos! Re: TMBG: what to wear to the shows... TMBG: purple toupees and KITH Administrivia: If you wish to unsubscribe from this mailing send mail to tmbg-digest-request@tmbg.org for instructions on how to be automatically removed. --------------------------------------------------------------------- The views expressed herein are those of the individual authors. --------------------------------------------------------------------- tmbg-list is digested with Digest 3.3d (John Relph ). ---------------------------------------------------------------------- Message-ID: <35121C6E.D514BDF7@bitstream.net> Date: Fri, 20 Mar 1998 01:36:15 -0600 From: vu Subject: TMBG: Re: tmbg-list Digest #4-442 > >and yes even those cocacola free > >mini-cds are as well. > > bud, mini-discs and 3" cd's are totally different things... i said mini-cds... yes minidiscs are different (obviously). i refer to the 3" cds as minicds because they are erm err a miniature compared to the 5 inchers... i hear that mini-discs sounds aren't as good as digital cds - anyone knows the difference ? i'm not an audiophile- i really dont care about sounds (they all sound alike to me- records/cds/tapes, etc....) > ::::This question has bugged me for a reeeally long time:::: > can i ask why people feel the need to wear a band's shirt to that band's > show? i mean, if you're there, everyone will know that you like the "dont be that one guy wearing the band's t-shirt".... i think it's cool that people wear the band's shirt at their concert... what really really really bugs me are those people wearing a different band to the concert (say err marilyn manson to a TMBG concert) sorry to offend that guy with the weird al shirt :) (i think what i'm trying to say is wearing an irrelevant shirt :)) this has nothing to do with TMBG: how much are these blasted concert t-shirts ?? its so expensive these days isn't it ?? i think the last time i bought a concert t-shirt, i paid $20 eeek. vu -- http://www2.bitstream.net/~sleeper ------------------------------ Message-Id: <1.5.4.32.19980320112824.006a1714@Cybnetonline.com> Date: Fri, 20 Mar 1998 05:28:24 -0600 From: "The Li'l Depressed Boy" Subject: NON-TMBG: Placating Egos! >For example, I live in Rhode Island (and I'd like to wave a big hello to the >listies from Kansas ... HAHAHAHAHA!!!!!) and the Newbury's Comics store in I'd like to wave a sad hello back to ya! That LDB-Guy, who wishes he was that Mike Leffel guy so he wouldn't be in Kansas posting at about 5 am central time, and so he could have some nifty little funny comment to add to the end of this. But Alas, he is not so he is forced to complain bitterly and um, stuff, and not knowing what he is gonna say next, just adding various junk to the end of his post so that it won't be a post. Hell, I'll ask ya a question, "How many of you read comicbooks here? And of those How many of you read the Maxx?" Well until Rob Liefield is the new drummer for The Johns, make mine TMBG. -- (this site cuts the amount of URL's I put in my Sig) My Web Page Index: http://www.cybnetonline.com/users/njack/ TMBG | D.U.M.B. NEWS | Mr. Gone Font -- Contemporary Cartoon Militia is (C) & TM 1998 S. Steven Struble and Kris W. M. Struble. The Li'l Depressed Boy, Phreeck, Spyder Hunt, and all related characters (C) & TM 1998 S. Steven Struble ------------------------------ From: echuss@notes.cc.bellcore.com Message-ID: <852565CD.0044DCFD.00@notes950.cc.bellcore.com> Date: Fri, 20 Mar 1998 07:53:08 -0500 Date: Thu, 19 Mar 1998 16:38:33 -0600 (CST) From: "Christopher M. Stangl" Subject: Re: TMBG: NON - TMBG(and other stufF) + Ween On Mon, 16 Mar 1998, 99 and 44/100% MIKe! wrote: >> On Mon, 16 Mar 1998, Christopher M. Stangl wrote: >> This is not remotely true. Gene and Dean do play and sing on the >> record, just as they did live in concert as they performed the bulk of >> the record on stage. > Man, you're wrecking my fabricated conspiracy theory, which I >specifically designed to allay any blame for "12 Golden" on Ween! Pipe >down... Gene and Dean didn't do it! They didn't make that record! You should know by now that there is a conspiracy by conspiracists to get everyone to believe that everything is a conspiracy. :-) > Maturing? "Down on yer knees you big booty bitch an' start > suckin'"?! It's a stylistic exercise at best. You can't judge an album/group by one song or one line! I can't tell you how many people judge TMBG after hearing one song and then saying "I don't get it". I tell them TMBG is an acquired taste that develops over time. Kind of like Guiness Stoudt. You may not like your first sample but after a few more you learn to appreciate it. >> I maintain that *every* genre exercise Ween undertakes is a joke >> to some degree or another. "12 Golden" is just very long joke, in rather >> dubious taste. >> -Chris "L.M.L.Y.P." Stangl The album was always meant to be a joke considering the title say "12 Golden..." and there are only 10 songs. All the songs are poking fun at country music except for "I Don't Want To Leave You On the Farm" which IMHO it is a nice country/blues song unless I am not getting the joke. Overall Dick, I like the album and give it a 91. It has a good beat and catchy lyrics. Erik "Help me scrap the mucous off my brain" - Ween ------------------------------ From: mjames@envy.loyola.edu (Matthew James) Message-Id: <9803201334.AA08532@envy.loyola.edu> Subject: TMBG: concert shirts Date: Fri, 20 Mar 1998 08:34:30 -0500 (EST) > this has nothing to do with TMBG: how much are these blasted > concert t-shirts ?? its so expensive these > days isn't it ?? i think the last time i bought a concert t-shirt, > i paid $20 eeek. Yeah, most shirts at concerts are about $20. One nice exception are the Monopuff shirts which used to (and probably still do) cost $10. Not too bad a price for such a snazzy shirt! /Matt -- Matt James mjames@greed.loyola.edu Loyola College in Baltimore, MD Bruce Campbell Gazette: www.bcgazette.com ------------------------------ From: Leo Bicknell Message-Id: <199803202010.PAA15240@ussenterprise.ufp.org> Subject: TMBG: Free CD's Date: Fri, 20 Mar 1998 15:10:19 -0500 (EST) Ok, not quite, but close. From now until the 31st if you click on the CDNow link at www.tmbg.org you will get $10 off any order of $20 or more. Enjoy! -- Leo Bicknell - bicknell@ufp.org Systems Engineer - Internetworking Engineer - CCIE 3440 Read TMBG List - tmbg-list-request@tmbg.org, www.tmbg.org ------------------------------ Message-ID: <19980320203145.13854.qmail@hotmail.com> From: "Tom O'Connell" Subject: Re: TMBG: what to wear to the shows... Date: Fri, 20 Mar 1998 12:31:45 PST >::::This question has bugged me for a reeeally long time:::: >can i ask why people feel the need to wear a band's shirt to that >band's show? i mean, if you're there, everyone will know that you >like the band.... and wearing it for the "cheap plug" kinda vibe >isnt' gonna do you much good either, since well everyone is at the >show so they're gonna have heard of them... >any ideas? well, i think that wearing a shirt of the band that you are seeing in concert shows that you are a real fan of the band and not just someone who heard them on the radio. i dont believe there is anything wrong with it, just don't wear another band's shirt there, because thats kind of disrespectful...unless perhaps the band was an influence to the band you are seeing or a friend of theirs. i dont know, i guess it just bothers me when i see people wearing Metalica shirts at the concerts i've been to. -Amadais ______________________________________________________ Get Your Private, Free Email at http://www.hotmail.com ------------------------------ From: mjames@envy.loyola.edu (Matthew James) Message-Id: <9803202123.AA08919@envy.loyola.edu> Subject: Re: TMBG: what to wear to the shows... Date: Fri, 20 Mar 1998 16:23:15 -0500 (EST) > well, i think that wearing a shirt of the band that you are seeing in > concert shows that you are a real fan of the band and not just someone > who heard them on the radio. i dont believe there is anything wrong with > it, just don't wear another band's shirt there, because thats kind of > disrespectful...unless perhaps the band was an influence to the band you > are seeing or a friend of theirs. i dont know, i guess it just bothers > me when i see people wearing Metalica shirts at the concerts i've been > to. > > > -Amadais I don't think it is disrespectful. You are just showing your varied interests in music. Think about it, you've paid money to go see this concert, I'd say that shows you have a high respect for the band. It is nice that people buy your shirts and it shows that people have an interest in getting those shirts, but when it comes down to wanting to hear their music, the concert is enough. /Matt -- Matt James mjames@greed.loyola.edu Loyola College in Baltimore, MD Bruce Campbell Gazette: www.bcgazette.com ------------------------------ Message-Id: <3.0.3.32.19980320164202.009f0100@mail.csrlink.net> Date: Fri, 20 Mar 1998 16:42:02 -0500 From: Dylan Flipse Subject: Re: TMBG: What to wear in Pittsburgh At 07:21 PM 3/19/98 PST, you wrote: >Personally, I'm still debating wether or not to wear my TMBG shirt (I'm >leaning towards yes) but rest assured I'll have the TMBG cap on...I >really don't have any distinguishing characteristics so maybe I'll have >to dye my hair blue or something. Why not just wear a purple toupee? Tee hee. Dylan "Wishing HE lived in the same time zone as Mike Leffel, but just to be able to say that he lived in the same time zone as Mike Leffel" Flipse Dylan Flipse...one of them. - dflipse@csrlink.net Dylan's page is at http://www.geocities.com/Athens/9909/ for now. I'll never see myself in the mirror with my eyes closed -They Might Be Giants, the coolest thing this side of Zaphod Beeblebrox. ------------------------------ Message-ID: <3512E5AA.749@rica.net> Date: Fri, 20 Mar 1998 16:54:50 -0500 From: Joey Groah Subject: Re: NON-TMBG: Placating Egos! that it > won't be a post. Hell, I'll ask ya a question, "How many of you read > comicbooks here? And of those How many of you read the Maxx?" Well until > Rob Liefield is the new drummer for The Johns, make mine TMBG. > The Li'l Depressed Boy I read Astro City, Flash, Bone, JLA, Hulk for a few more months, Scud, and assorted others depending on budget constraints. Absolutely anything Don Rosa does. Anybody who likes anything good would like 'The Life and Times of Scrooge McDuck.' I think Rob already plays with a group that looks a lot like TMBG but have different colored boots. Joey, off to see Norm MacDonald ------------------------------ Message-Id: <3.0.1.32.19980320171200.006a02b0@130.127.28.14> Date: Fri, 20 Mar 1998 17:12:00 -0500 From: Adam Tyner Subject: Re: NON-TMBG: Placating Egos! I read Legionnaires, Legion Of Super-Heroes, Scud The Disposable Assassin, and Bone. To give this some TMBG content, one of the letter columns was going through each member's favorite bands, and TMBG was listed as Leviathan's favorite. :P -Adam /----=========================================================----\ http://www.awod.com/gallery/rwav/ctyner/ The home of He-Man, "Weird Al", Yoo-hoo, Killer Tomatoes, and more! Demented music list admin O- MiSTie #67,326 ------------------------------ From: Dr Worm X Message-ID: <8f01ec0e.35132ecf@aol.com> Date: Fri, 20 Mar 1998 22:06:53 EST Subject: Re: TMBG: what to wear to the shows... last show, I went naked... Matt "streaker extraudenaire, and really bad speller" turn around, turn around, it's a human skull on the ground you're so 1990, and it's 1994 the squirrels and the birds come, gather round to sing the guitar http://members.tripod.com/~drworm (SIGN MY GUESTBOOK!) ------------------------------ Date: Fri, 20 Mar 1998 21:55:23 -0700 Subject: TMBG: purple toupees and KITH Message-ID: <19980320.220033.3262.0.TMBgirl@juno.com> From: tmbgirl@juno.com (Joda: Master of Yedi) >Why not just wear a purple toupee? Tee hee. as wierd as this may sound, i do own a purple toupee... well, it's really a wig but it sho looks like a purple toupee... btw: i finally say KITH:BC and must say that it's worth the whole 2 seconds of TMBG-dom :) excellent movie :) take it easy, JOrdaN http://www2.netcom.com/~arnot/joda/bootlegs.html "We have sort of a nonimage, but we're in a business where a lot of what is being presented is only image." ---JOhn Flansburgh _____________________________________________________________________ You don't need to buy Internet access to use free Internet e-mail. Get completely free e-mail from Juno at http://www.juno.com Or call Juno at (800) 654-JUNO [654-5866] ------------------------------ End of tmbg-list Digest #4-443 ******************************