Errors-To: owner-tmbg-digest@tmbg.org Reply-To: tmbg-digest@tmbg.org Sender: owner-tmbg-digest@tmbg.org Precedence: bulk From: owner-tmbg-digest@tmbg.org To: tmbg-digest@tmbg.org Subject: tmbg-list Digest #4-444 tmbg-list Digest, Volume 4, Number 444 Sunday, 22 March 1998 Today's Topics: TMBG: Oi Brasileiros! TMBG: Re: tmbg-list Digest #4-443 TMBG: New web site! TMBG:Another dream!!! Re: TMBG:Another dream!!! Administrivia: If you wish to unsubscribe from this mailing send mail to tmbg-digest-request@tmbg.org for instructions on how to be automatically removed. --------------------------------------------------------------------- The views expressed herein are those of the individual authors. --------------------------------------------------------------------- tmbg-list is digested with Digest 3.3d (John Relph ). ---------------------------------------------------------------------- Message-ID: <3513726A.1A7A5411@pacificnet.net> Date: Fri, 20 Mar 1998 23:55:26 -0800 From: Bongo Subject: TMBG: Oi Brasileiros! A few weeks ago someone on this list declared himself the TMBG ambassador to Brazil. I forgot who it was but I'm curious to know exactly how known they are in Brazil. If you're still here, let me know. -B O N G O _____________________________________________ "When you go down to where you know don't forget what you don't know" -Geggy Tah ------------------------------ Message-ID: <351370FA.17C89CF8@bitstream.net> Date: Sat, 21 Mar 1998 01:49:14 -0600 From: vu Subject: TMBG: Re: tmbg-list Digest #4-443 > Ok, not quite, but close. From now until the 31st if > you click on the CDNow link at www.tmbg.org you will get $10 > off any order of $20 or more. unfortunately i've already used that $10 credit on something else (three words: japanese release albums) > > won't be a post. Hell, I'll ask ya a question, "How many of you read > > comicbooks here? And of those How many of you read the Maxx?" Well until > > Rob Liefield is the new drummer for The Johns, make mine TMBG. i dont really like the maxx or marvel comics actually - i'm more of a dc fan... i have to say that JLA is brilliant (although its expected from sucha great writer as grant morrison).. ... rob liefeld has got to be the worst artist in the world and no one can convinced me otherwise. he's ripping off captain america (dont worry i know about about fighting american and jackkirby, etc...) and now "THOR"... (you can almost see that whole 'norse god' argument as marvel brings rob to court again) vu -- http://www2.bitstream.net/~sleeper ------------------------------ From: Leo Bicknell Message-Id: <199803211506.KAA08637@ussenterprise.ufp.org> Subject: TMBG: New web site! Date: Sat, 21 Mar 1998 10:06:13 -0500 (EST) The new web site is here. I hope it's all ready to go. Check out www.tmbg.org, and read the welcome letter for more information. -- Leo Bicknell - bicknell@ufp.org Systems Engineer - Internetworking Engineer - CCIE 3440 Read TMBG List - tmbg-list-request@tmbg.org, www.tmbg.org ------------------------------ From: gray42@juno.com Date: Sat, 21 Mar 1998 11:28:36 -0500 Subject: TMBG:Another dream!!! Message-ID: <19980321.112850.7422.1.gray42@juno.com> Last night I dreamt I was reading an article in the newspaper, and I realized what was so strange about it. It was all the lyrics of every TMBG song off the Pink Album mixed together. I thought Oooooh ooh, there must be more about They then! So I turn the page, and theres a paper thin T.V. in it. I press play on the paper thin V.C.R. and I see this incredible concert shot, an overhead shot showing They performing on a stage surrounded on all four sides by this incredibly large crowd, stretching off to infinity. Flans is strangely not wearing his glasses and Linnell has long hair. They are wearing colourful spandex and dancing in the way that I do. Which is completely crazy with ad libbed steps. The TMBG article was sooo huge that it filled the entire newspaper. Next I was at school amoungst a running crowd and asking my teachers if they were going to the concert. And boasting that the Johns danced like me. It was indeed a very silly and fun dream. Sadly I woke up before I got a chance to go to the concert. The always very sleepy on mornings like this Mysterio Gal "They've Garble Warble Fashes" --Slartibartfast ICQ# 9585405 gray42@juno.com _____________________________________________________________________ You don't need to buy Internet access to use free Internet e-mail. Get completely free e-mail from Juno at http://www.juno.com Or call Juno at (800) 654-JUNO [654-5866] ------------------------------ Message-ID: <3514437A.3733@geocities.com> Date: Sat, 21 Mar 1998 14:47:22 -0800 From: Nathan Mulac DeHoff Organization: The Intergalactic Cult of VoVat Subject: Re: TMBG:Another dream!!! Last summer, when I heard a lot of TMBG songs for the first time, I remember having a dream in which "Hope That I Get Old Before I Die" was playing. I started singing along, but when I reached the "clear off the kitchen table" part, someone corrected me, and told me that the actual lyric was "cutting table." They went on to explain that a "cutting table" was where a person would lie to be beheaded. Occasionally, I'll have a dream in which a large crowd of people suddenly bursts out into song. In one such dream, a group of people gathered around a table started singing "Kiss Me, Son Of God." In another one, an audience in an auditorium sang "James K. Polk." I believe that an old man started the singing in both cases (but I don't think it was the same old man in both dreams). Recently, I had a dream that I was examining the used CD rack at a music store, and I found a TMBG album that I had not seen before. It had a worn black cover, and it was identified as a compilation album, or something like that. I originally thought that it was another edition of Miscellaneous T, but I read the list of songs, and found that I had not heard of any of them. (I don't remember the titles that were there.) I remember wondering if it was a bootleg, and debating whether or not to buy it. The dream ended before I could decide, IIRC. -- Nathan Mulac DeHoff vovat@geocities.com http://www.geocities.com/Area51/Corridor/5447/ "All I know could be defaced by the facts in the life of Chess Piece Face." ------------------------------ End of tmbg-list Digest #4-444 ******************************