Errors-To: owner-tmbg-digest@tmbg.org Reply-To: tmbg-digest@tmbg.org Sender: owner-tmbg-digest@tmbg.org Precedence: bulk From: owner-tmbg-digest@tmbg.org To: tmbg-digest@tmbg.org Subject: tmbg-list Digest #4-446 tmbg-list Digest, Volume 4, Number 446 Wednesday, 25 March 1998 Today's Topics: Re: TMBG: NO TMBG CONTENT poll TMBG: what game would i be? Re: TMBG: NO TMBG CONTENT poll (none) TMBG: Tour Dates TMBG: New sounds on my page; one word: medley! TMBG: UK touring TMBG: non-tmbg: the board game question TMBG: current tour people TMBG: current tour people Re: TMBG: current tour people Re: TMBG: NO TMBG CONTENT poll+concert apparell TMBG: Live and Studio albums Re: TMBG: Live and Studio albums Re: TMBG: current tour, etc. TMBG: off-topic: double dong in boston TMBG:John Flansburgh, BF5 Re: TMBG: NO TMBG CONTENT poll Re: TMBG: what game would i be? Re: TMBG: new web site Re: TMBG:John Flansburgh, BF5 Re: TMBG: current tour, etc. Re: TMBG: new web site Re: TMBG:John Flansburgh, BF5 Re: TMBG: off-topic: double dong in boston TMBG: 3/25 Show TMBG: non-TMBG board games Re: TMBG: OMLT Re: TMBG: non-TMBG board games NON TMBG:Board Games Administrivia: If you wish to unsubscribe from this mailing send mail to tmbg-digest-request@tmbg.org for instructions on how to be automatically removed. --------------------------------------------------------------------- The views expressed herein are those of the individual authors. --------------------------------------------------------------------- tmbg-list is digested with Digest 3.5b (John Relph ). ---------------------------------------------------------------------- Date: Tue, 24 Mar 1998 10:00:15 -0500 (EST) From: Elizabeth Esswein Subject: Re: TMBG: NO TMBG CONTENT poll Message-ID: On Tue, 24 Mar 1998, BenMoobil wrote: > OK if you were a board game what game would you be?> > Trivial Pursuit. Or maybe Scrabble. ------------------------------ From: BrthrJuan Message-ID: <841886eb.3517cb76@aol.com> Date: Tue, 24 Mar 1998 10:04:20 EST Subject: TMBG: what game would i be? balderdash. there is no greater game out there. and it is so nice and random. ------------------------------ Date: Tue, 24 Mar 1998 08:36:52 -0700 (MST) From: jim Subject: Re: TMBG: NO TMBG CONTENT poll Message-ID: << OK if you were a board game what game would you be? >> I would be Monopoly because people find me tedious, excruciating painful and that I take up an exorbitant amount of their time. But they also find me to be fun and enjoyable if they actually sit down to play with me. -jim ------------------------------ Message-Id: <3.0.2.32.19980324155501.007bc670@mail-in.keme.net> Date: Tue, 24 Mar 1998 15:55:01 +0000 From: cOliN eLLEsLeY << OK if you were a board game what game would you be? >> I would be a board game, a very bored game. Something like Scrabble, totally demanding, very frustrating and have an ability to looses all the peices. Although I would be Scrabble, I would aspire to be promoted to the likes of Twister, a fun(ny), physically humourous that is good to play with when drunk. What this all says about me I really don't know (nor much care) -- Colin (UK) ,,'',,'',,'',,'',,'',,'',,'',,'',,'' No-one knows these things but me and him, so I'm writing everything down in a spiral notebook, in the hopes that one day other people will feel as low as this... sad, sad, sad, sad, why must I be sad? - They Might Be Giants "Why must I be sad?" ,,'',,'',,'',,'',,'',,'',,'',,'',,'' ------------------------------ Date: Tue, 24 Mar 1998 11:04:53 -0500 From: Wayde Subject: TMBG: Tour Dates Message-id: <3.0.2.32.19980324110453.007b9580@uoft02.utoledo.edu> So I was looking over the build up of TMBG mail I've gotten and noticed some tour dates. One being in Deleware, OH on the 26th of April. Last weekend I was down at Ohio University for a ballroom competition and noticed a sign outside the NEWPORT saying that THEY were playing on April 21st...a tuesday. Can anyone confirm this, or were me an my friend hallucianting? ------------------------------ Date: Tue, 24 Mar 1998 12:08:47 -0500 (EST) From: The Demonic Kangaroo Subject: TMBG: New sounds on my page; one word: medley! Message-ID: Hey folks, TDK here. I just thought ya'all woudl want to know that I just updated my sound page. Now featured are some clips from the 2/2/97 Idiot's Delight radio show, hosted by Vince Scelsa. Pink Album Medley - A tad long, but worth the download. A medley of all the songs from the Pink album, in order(almost). Really cool! Flans on Space Ghost - Flans talks about his yet-to-be-aired appearance on one of my favorite shows, Space Ghost Coast to Coast! Cool! I Can Hear You - The first ever performance of this song outside The Edsion Museum. Can you say Reverb? I knew you could. On the Drag - A cool duo performance, featuring Vince on the egg! Thats right, the EGG! Let me know what you think. Chow! http://www.cybercomm.net/~tdk/tmbg.html -Mike PS if you havent signed my guestbook, please do! ------------------------------ Date: Tue, 24 Mar 1998 10:20:23 -0800 (PST) From: Kerry Biggs Subject: TMBG: UK touring Message-ID: TMBG did make it over to the UK for John Henry- I have the BBC session to prove it. But yeah, they definitely need to get over to the better half of our country soon. Kerry ------------------------------ Date: Tue, 24 Mar 1998 12:11:36 -0700 (MST) From: J Kuemmerle Subject: TMBG: non-tmbg: the board game question Message-ID: On Tue, 24 Mar 1998, BenMoobil wrote: > OK if you were a board game what game would you be?> if i was a board game, i would be parcheesi. not for any GOOD reasons like jim had, though. ps: jim, ellen laughed out loud when she saw your response! :) --jim kuemmerle, on spring break in san antonio... j.kuemmerle@m.cc.utah.edu SKULL MOUNTAIN: we'll meet at the end of the tour... http://www.geocities.com/soho/gallery/4668/skullmountain.html ------------------------------ Date: Tue, 24 Mar 1998 14:31:29 -0500 (EST) From: "c. chris erway / phorce" Subject: TMBG: current tour people Message-ID: right, so a bunch of people on this list have now seen tmbg's new tour ... does anyone know who's on the tour with them? the "velcro horns" still? who's their bassist, drummer, etc? and apparently a lot of the recent shows have been full of different displays of "audience participation" that i've never seen in the nyc shows i've gone to (maybe it's just because security's been too tight in the past at big halls like the mercury lounge, irving plaza, et al?) ... but apparently they're callin' people up from the crowd, etc etc etc.. just wanted to know what to expect when i go to the seton hall show next month... -- c. chris erway / phorce -- phorce@openix.com -- trombonist/websiteguy, taxicab samurais -- http://www.taxicab.samurai.com -- rad e-zine editor/writer -- http://www.rad.edu ------------------------------ From: mjames@envy.loyola.edu (Matthew James) Message-Id: <9803241914.AA11147@envy.loyola.edu> Subject: TMBG: current tour people Date: Tue, 24 Mar 1998 14:14:23 -0500 (EST) > and apparently a lot of the recent shows have been full of different > displays of "audience participation" that i've never seen in the nyc shows > i've gone to (maybe it's just because security's been too tight in the > past at big halls like the mercury lounge, irving plaza, et al?) ... but > apparently they're callin' people up from the crowd, etc etc etc.. > Firstly, I wouldn't call the Mercury Lounge a big hall, it's pretty small. But anyway, I can't recall ever seeing anyone being called up on stage at a TMBG show. I do know some people have been called up on stage during Monoupff shows to do the spoken part on Distant Antenna. But if you consider audience participation to be conga lines, and yelling things out for the band and such, well then yes, sometimes they do do that. /Matt -- Matt James mjames@greed.loyola.edu Loyola College in Baltimore, MD Bruce Campbell Gazette: www.bcgazette.com ------------------------------ Message-Id: <3.0.1.32.19980324151847.006a2c6c@130.127.28.14> Date: Tue, 24 Mar 1998 15:18:47 -0500 From: Adam Tyner Subject: Re: TMBG: current tour people At 02:31 PM 3/24/98 -0500, c. chris erway / phorce wrote: >right, so a bunch of people on this list have now seen tmbg's new tour ... >does anyone know who's on the tour with them? the "velcro horns" still? >who's their bassist, drummer, etc? Double Dong was opening for them on 3/21. I believe Lincoln starts touring with them on 3/27... No Velcro Horns on 3/21, but the regular line-up was the same as it was for the STD tour. >and apparently a lot of the recent shows have been full of different >displays of "audience participation" that i've never seen in the nyc shows >i've gone to (maybe it's just because security's been too tight in the >past at big halls like the mercury lounge, irving plaza, et al?) ... but >apparently they're callin' people up from the crowd, etc etc etc.. They didn't call anyone up from the crowd on 3/21, but Flans did stick his guitar in the audience and let people strum it for a very short while. TTYL, -Adam /----=========================================================----\ http://www.awod.com/gallery/rwav/ctyner/ The home of He-Man, "Weird Al", Yoo-hoo, Killer Tomatoes, and more! Demented music list admin O- MiSTie #67,326 ------------------------------ Date: Tue, 24 Mar 1998 13:44:45 -0800 (PST) From: winningh Subject: Re: TMBG: NO TMBG CONTENT poll+concert apparell Message-ID: > << OK if you were a board game what game would you be? >> > > Candy Land all the way, because it is my first love, or perhaps Mad because the object is to loose all your money. For the one TMBG + In store I went to, I wore a silver lame space-bunny jumpsuit, red superhero galoshes, and red safety glasses with a mask of the Head taped to them. Man oh man did those galoshes get to chaffing... Sarah "waited in line in vain for 12 hours and consequently hates the Oscars" Winningham ------------------------------ Message-Id: <3.0.2.32.19980324214733.007bb100@mail-in.keme.net> Date: Tue, 24 Mar 1998 21:47:33 +0000 From: cOliN eLLEsLeY Subject: TMBG: Live and Studio albums Now what's all this I hear about a studio album and a live album? Are they available in the US yet. If so, when will sunny Britain get the buggers? If you were a buscuit, what buscuit would you be? And why would you deserve to be dunked in my cup of Hot Cha? -- Colin (UK) ------------------------------ Message-ID: <3518684B.3963@geocities.com> Date: Tue, 24 Mar 1998 18:13:31 -0800 From: Nathan Mulac DeHoff Organization: The Intergalactic Cult of VoVat Subject: Re: TMBG: Live and Studio albums cOliN eLLEsLeY wrote: > > Now what's all this I hear about a studio album and a live album? Are >they > available in the US yet. If so, when will sunny Britain get the >buggers? Neither is available in the United States or Britain. I believe that the live album will be released in the USA in the summer of 1998. While I hope that They will continue their trend of releasing a studio album every other year, I have not heard any news of one being released anytime soon. -- Nathan Mulac DeHoff vovat@geocities.com http://www.geocities.com/Area51/Corridor/5447/ "All I know could be defaced by the facts in the life of Chess Piece Face." ------------------------------ Date: Tue, 24 Mar 1998 15:24:39 -0700 Subject: Re: TMBG: current tour, etc. Message-ID: <19980324.152443.15374.0.TMBgirl@juno.com> From: tmbgirl@juno.com (Joda: Master of Yedi) hEY HEy! >does anyone know who's on the tour with them? the "velcro horns" >still? >who's their bassist, drummer, etc? last thing i heard, no velcro horns on this tour... double dong and lincoln are on the bill for various shows... drums = dan hicky bass = hal cragin >Now what's all this I hear about a studio album and a live album? Are >they >available in the US yet. If so, when will sunny Britain get the >buggers? not yet... last thing we heard was that the live album will be out in late '98 in the US... as far as Britain... ha! suckers! take it easy, JOrdaN http://www2.netcom.com/~arnot/joda/bootlegs.html "I think the biggest problem people have with the band is the idea that our actions are somehow motivated by any perception of the outside world. We're the most self-unaware, uniformed individuals that you could magine." ---JOhN Flansburgh _____________________________________________________________________ You don't need to buy Internet access to use free Internet e-mail. Get completely free e-mail from Juno at http://www.juno.com Or call Juno at (800) 654-JUNO [654-5866] ------------------------------ Date: Tue, 24 Mar 1998 17:44:42 -0500 (EST) From: LN Subject: TMBG: off-topic: double dong in boston Message-ID: Hey - advance notice for all ye Bostonites out there... a)see you at Avalon on Friday! b) If you like double dong, apparently they're playing at my school (Massachussetts College of Art on Huntington Ave.) on, I think, April 10, as a preshow to some performance art thing at the school... -=ellen=- "Every seashell has a story to tell, if you're listening... But underneath every shell there's a story as well, if you've heard enough of the sea..." ------------------------------ Message-ID: <3517F2FF.35B0DF4C@mix-net.net> Date: Tue, 24 Mar 1998 17:53:06 +0000 From: "Chris \"Feeny\" Campbell" Subject: TMBG:John Flansburgh, BF5 John Flansburgh (or the person who claims to be) said, via E-mail, is directing a BF5 video, so if you see it on TV, tell me and it will pretty much prove his identity. Thanks! BYE -Chris "fEenY" Campbell ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ TMBG SHRINE! Http://www.mix-net.net/~ccampbell E-mail - ccampbell@mix-net.net Or At - feeny@tmbg.org (after april 4th) ----"No one understands, No one knows my plan" -John Linnell, ----"Quit my job down at the car wash, didn't have to wright no one a good bye note, that says "The checks in the mail, I'll see you in church, and don't you ever change" -John Flansburgh They Might Be Giants ------------------------------ Message-ID: <19980324223659.10039.rocketmail@send1d.yahoomail.com> Date: Tue, 24 Mar 1998 14:36:59 -0800 (PST) From: Amanda Nichols Subject: Re: TMBG: NO TMBG CONTENT poll > > OK if you were a board game what game would you be?> Trouble. (hee hee) Amanda _________________________________________________________ DO YOU YAHOO!? Get your free @yahoo.com address at http://mail.yahoo.com ------------------------------ Message-Id: <1.5.4.32.19980324225405.006ab828@Cybnetonline.com> Date: Tue, 24 Mar 1998 16:54:05 -0600 From: "The Li'l Depressed Boy" Subject: Re: TMBG: what game would i be? Yahtzee, because the name in no way coincides with what the hell the game is about. LDB -- (this site cuts the amount of URL's I put in my Sig) My Web Page Index: http://www.cybnetonline.com/users/njack/ TMBG | D.U.M.B. NEWS | Mr. Gone Font -- Contemporary Cartoon Militia is (C) & TM 1998 S. Steven Struble and Kris W. M. Struble. The Li'l Depressed Boy, Phreeck, Spyder Hunt, and all related characters (C) & TM 1998 S. Steven Struble ------------------------------ Message-ID: <35183D6A.4E4@geocities.com> Date: Tue, 24 Mar 1998 15:10:34 -0800 From: Vladimir Drakul Subject: Re: TMBG: new web site > > The new web site is here. I hope it's all ready to go. > >Check out www.tmbg.org, and read the welcome letter for more > >information. > > All I can say is "Wow!" Good job, Leo! The site looks way spiffy. Agreed. You bet I've signed up for my account! Wow! -- Vladimir Drakul -- http://www.geocities.com/SiliconValley/Heights/7343/ ******************************************************************* "Is everything normal now?" "And crawling on the "Well, he hasn't got planet's face... some religious mania, and he's called the Human Race. not running around in a Lost in time, and lost circle spouting Gilbert in space... and Sullivan, so I guess ...and meaning." he's normal." ------------------------------ From: Date: Tue, 24 Mar 1998 17:21:13 CST Subject: Re: TMBG:John Flansburgh, BF5 Message-ID: <15680645EDC@athena.valpo.edu> i'm still skeptical about this flansburgh thing. i mean, maybe it's one of the (three) guys from ben folds five impersonating flansy. basically, that still isn't proof that this email person isn't john flansburgh. too many people could know about the bf5 video, and it's not like directing videos is a new thing for flansy. there is little to nothing that anyone on the list can know that only john flansburgh would so that we could prove his identity. given this guy's poor track record of matching up to facts we have on flansy before, this doesn't prove much of anything. before you go thinking that it is flans, i'd check up on a few different websites, magazines, etc, to see how widespread this information is. jeremy [] [] [] [] [] [] [] [] [] [] [] [] [] [] [] [] [] "Instead of creating new weapons of destruction, we ought to get some use out of the ones we already have." Deep Thoughts [] [] [] [] [] [] [] [] [] [] [] [] [] [] [] [] Experience the many media of Jeremy Skrenes! Email: jskrenes@athena.valpo.edu Snail: or p356jskrenes@exodus.valpo.edu Wehrenberg Hall Airwaves: Sunday nights, 12-2am 95.1, WVUR Valparaiso, IN 46383 ------------------------------ From: MatFoley99 Message-ID: Date: Tue, 24 Mar 1998 19:10:51 EST Subject: Re: TMBG: current tour, etc. In a message dated 98-03-24 17:42:24 EST, tmbgirl@juno.com writes: << last thing i heard, no velcro horns on this tour... double dong and lincoln are on the bill for various shows... drums = dan hicky bass = hal cragin >> Yepper, I can confirm that one...crazy that you should mention board games, that's like all my little group of friends talked about during the hour and a half wait inside before Double Dong finally got things rolling...but, to answer the question, I guess I'd have to be Parcheesi, just because a lot of my jokes are, well, cheesy. Alrighty, you all take care now, you hear? Chris "But I don't wanna be a pirate!" Brannan ------------------------------ From: Hj bttrben Message-ID: <30e7df75.35185129@aol.com> Date: Tue, 24 Mar 1998 19:34:47 EST Subject: Re: TMBG: new web site do you have to pay for the account???? ------------------------------ From: HallOfEyes Message-ID: <29913003.35185143@aol.com> Date: Tue, 24 Mar 1998 19:35:12 EST Subject: Re: TMBG:John Flansburgh, BF5 >>John Flansburgh (or the person who claims to be) said, via E-mail, is directing a BF5 video, so if you see it on TV, tell me and it will pretty much prove his identity. Thanks!<< Jesus christ...How many times do we have to PROVE to you that that isn't John Flansburgh? I could have told you about the BF5 rumor, because someone posted about it to the TMBG newsgroup a few days ago. There is also rumors that BF5 and TMBG will be touring together. ------------------------------ Message-ID: Date: Tue, 24 Mar 1998 20:17:42 -0500 (EST) From: Lawrence P Solomon Subject: Re: TMBG: off-topic: double dong in boston Excerpts from internet.music.tmbg: 24-Mar-98 TMBG: off-topic: double don.. by LN@tiac.net > Hey - advance notice for all ye Bostonites out there... > a)see you at Avalon on Friday! ok, this is getting annoying... how am I going to find all the list people without some easy, unique way of identifying myself? I want my OMLT! I at least want an update... (I'll be there, probably wearing some nondescript clothing...) Lawrence Solomon http://www.contrib.andrew.cmu.edu/~lps/ lps@andrew.cmu.edu "Everything sticks until it goes away, * This space inadvertently And the truth is we don't know anything." -TMBG * left blank. ------------------------------ Date: Tue, 24 Mar 1998 21:17:07 -0500 (EST) From: Sean Stolon Subject: TMBG: 3/25 Show Message-ID: Hey there, Well I didn't find a ride to the Orlando show on 3/26, but I guess I expected that from the beginning. I will be at Jannus tomorrow though. If anyone else is there feel free to say hi, I'm relatively friendly. I'll probably get there around 5, or some ungodly early hour. I have really long hair, I'm about 6'4...I'll pro bably be in in a green shirt. Take care.. Sean ------------------------------ Message-Id: <199803250333.WAA06588@mime2.prodigy.com> From: PJDX97D@prodigy.com (MISS MEREDITH D MCCRAW) Date: Tue, 24 Mar 1998 22:33:12, -0500 Subject: TMBG: non-TMBG board games i guess if i had to choose i'd be candyland, it was my favorite growing up, and it's still my fav now. meredith ------------------------------ Date: Tue, 24 Mar 1998 20:29:56 -0800 (PST) From: CassiniRocks Subject: Re: TMBG: OMLT Message-ID: > > I want my OMLT! I at least want an update... i'll second and third that. i left the list for seven months and all the while thought y'all were running around pleased as punch in your new shirts. boy was i wrong. what should we do? what can we do? HELP! jillian ------------------------------ Date: Tue, 24 Mar 1998 20:33:56 -0800 (PST) From: CassiniRocks Subject: Re: TMBG: non-TMBG board games Message-ID: i'd definately be Hungry Hungry Hippos cause it's a loud game and i'd get to eat a lot! jillian ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ it is 5am and the sun has charred the other side of the world and come back to us and painted the smoke over our heads an imperial violet. -- soul coughing ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ jillian a'lee redroom@pe.net ------------------------------ Date: Wed, 25 Mar 1998 00:18:02 -0500 Subject: NON TMBG:Board Games Message-ID: <19980325.001802.10078.0.jbparke@juno.com> From: jbparke@juno.com (Jeff Parker) Jumanji. (insert maniacal laughter here) That's it... v^v Jeffro v^v P.S. Chris Feeny, GIVE IT A REST!!!!!!!!!!!!!! _____________________________________________________________________ You don't need to buy Internet access to use free Internet e-mail. Get completely free e-mail from Juno at http://www.juno.com Or call Juno at (800) 654-JUNO [654-5866] ------------------------------ End of tmbg-list Digest #4-446 ******************************