Errors-To: owner-tmbg-digest@tmbg.org Reply-To: tmbg-digest@tmbg.org Sender: owner-tmbg-digest@tmbg.org Precedence: bulk From: owner-tmbg-digest@tmbg.org To: tmbg-digest@tmbg.org Subject: tmbg-list Digest #4-447 tmbg-list Digest, Volume 4, Number 447 Thursday, 26 March 1998 Today's Topics: TMBG: Hello cOLiN eLLEsLeY TMBG: New Question... TMBG: Re: tmbg-list Digest #4-446 TMBG: records for sale TMBG: OMLT Re: TMBG: NO TMBG CONTENT poll Re: TMBG: OMLT TMBG: I'm so ashamed TMBG: TMBG trivia Re: TMBG: NO TMBG CONTENT poll Re: TMBG: OMLT TMBG: A problem with my girdle Re: TMBG: NO TMBG CONTENT poll TMBG: OMLT Re: TMBG: OMLT Re: TMBG: NO TMBG CONTENT poll Re: TMBG: TMBG trivia TMBG: Re: board game Re: TMBG: off-topic: double dong in boston TMBG: Re: TMBG in boston Re: TMBG: Re: TMBG in boston TMBG: Linellian t-shirt Administrivia: If you wish to unsubscribe from this mailing send mail to tmbg-digest-request@tmbg.org for instructions on how to be automatically removed. --------------------------------------------------------------------- The views expressed herein are those of the individual authors. --------------------------------------------------------------------- tmbg-list is digested with Digest 3.5b (John Relph ). ---------------------------------------------------------------------- From: cordelia@stayfree.co.uk Date: Wed, 25 Mar 1998 09:30:00 GMT Message-Id: <199803250930.JAA01382@onyx.stayfree.co.uk> Subject: TMBG: Hello cOLiN eLLEsLeY >From: cOliN eLLEsLeY > >I would like to know how many UK residents are on this list? There are few >of us, so speak up guys! You know you want to. Are TMBG ever (EVER!!!) >going to tour the UK. HAve TMBG ever toured the UK or was I asleep for that >period of time? Hello, English person here. I saw them at Leicester university around the time of Flood, and I believe they played in London when John Henry came out, but I missed it. Alan Jenkins. ------------------------------ Date: Wed, 25 Mar 1998 05:25:55 -0700 (MST) From: jim Subject: TMBG: New Question... Message-ID: Which tMBg song best describes you and why? Remember you will be graded on originality and grammar. -jim ------------------------------ From: ArwenAnaNg Message-ID: Date: Wed, 25 Mar 1998 08:10:57 EST Subject: TMBG: Re: tmbg-list Digest #4-446 In a message dated 98-03-25 02:07:09 EST, you write: << i'll second and third that. i left the list for seven months and all the while thought y'all were running around pleased as punch in your new shirts. boy was i wrong. what should we do? what can we do? HELP! >> I'll third and fourth that! My check was cashed a LONG time ago! Arwen "Who will be wearing her UMLT short tonight" AnaNg ------------------------------ Message-ID: <19980325154246.21581.qmail@hotmail.com> From: "Kate Fistler" Subject: TMBG: records for sale Date: Wed, 25 Mar 1998 07:42:46 PST ok, i have the following records for sale: -Lincoln (unopened) -They Might Be Giants (unopened) -Flood -Don't Let's Start -SEXXY -Birdhouse in Your Soul -They'll need a crane if you are interested in any of those email me (Ana_Ng@hotmail.com) with the price you are willing to pay ______________________________________________________ Get Your Private, Free Email at http://www.hotmail.com ------------------------------ Message-ID: <19980325175203.7688.qmail@hotmail.com> From: "Author Chapchild" Subject: TMBG: OMLT Date: Wed, 25 Mar 1998 09:52:03 PST I would just like to announce my support for those demanding knowledge on the whereabouts of the OMLTs. I do not, however, mean to offend anyone. I believe that we need either to pronounce it dead, go on quickly, or find a reasonable alternative. I would also like to encourage others who are wondering to write to the list and in doing so, show that there are not only the select few, but the masses that are deep in thought over this. After that massive run-on, I leave you. Thank you for your time... Chapchild chapchild@hotmail.com ______________________________________________________ Get Your Private, Free Email at http://www.hotmail.com ------------------------------ Date: Wed, 25 Mar 1998 11:40:07 -0600 (CST) From: "Christopher M. Stangl" Subject: Re: TMBG: NO TMBG CONTENT poll Message-ID: On Tue, 24 Mar 1998, BenMoobil wrote: > OK if you were a board game what game would you be?> I want to pick something classy, like Chess or Monopoly (*the* American classic). Trivial Pursuit (my favorite), or Risk. But I must face it... Something sophisticated like Go, or Cribbage would be nice. But it's not the truth. If you count it as a board game (they're manufactured by Parker Brothers), then I must be a Ouija Board. If you don't like that answer than... I am HI HO CHERRY O! I'm sorry. I wish I could be something cool like Ubi or Chinese Checkers. Or something with a fun gimmick like Don't Wake the Dragon (although I really relate to those penguins with eggs on their top hats), or Bonkers (never the same game twice!), or Guess Who?. But I am HI HO CHERRY O!, now and forever. I may be a big Othello fan, and play a lot of Battleship, but they are not me. HI HO CHERRY O! is a great game, anyone can play, it amuses for hours, it has a lot of people eating delicious fruit, climbing up ladders, and you get to yell "HI HO CHERRY O!" if you win. Not to mention the lovable Dog and Crow characters (which my young sister has named "Cracko the Hen and Roblergrob the Dog"). The illustrations are nice, there's plenty of little pieces to lose, and it's easy to accidentally swallow the cherries. Sometimes I play with real cherries. -Chris Stangl, Roblergrob. ------------------------------ Message-Id: <3.0.5.16.19980325131706.7e070ef6@martin.luther.edu> Date: Wed, 25 Mar 1998 13:17:06 From: ***Tarnished Silence*** Subject: Re: TMBG: OMLT I would have to agree with you on this one, Chapchild. I am willing to allow some time to process OMLTs, but I am starting to feel that I have been suckered out of my money. I'd rather not see a lot of people sending email to the list saying, "Yeah, I agree." and nothing else, but I think the feeling around here is pretty mutual. If anyone disagrees, then I encourage them to please write. Otherwise, I think it would be well to accept Chapchild's suggestion and make a decision on what is going to happen from here. I have spoken. What fun! :) Either way, have a good one! Tarnished Silence http://tfb-web.home.ml.org 210 At 09:52 AM 3/25/98 PST, you wrote: >I would just like to announce my support for those demanding knowledge >on the whereabouts of the OMLTs. I do not, however, mean to offend >anyone. I believe that we need either to pronounce it dead, go on >quickly, or find a reasonable alternative. I would also like to >encourage others who are wondering to write to the list and in doing so, >show that there are not only the select few, but the masses that are >deep in thought over this. After that massive run-on, I leave you. >Thank you for your time... > >Chapchild >chapchild@hotmail.com > >______________________________________________________ >Get Your Private, Free Email at http://www.hotmail.com > > Tarnished Silence 210 /--------------------------------------\ | knowing the dark | | mind tramples the sun | | holding the power | | it comes without sound | | | | T A R N I S H E D S I L E N C E | | tsilence@usa.net | \--------------------------------------/ "Si Hoc Legere Scis Nimium Eruditionis Habes" ------------------------------ Date: Wed, 25 Mar 1998 14:16:07 -0800 Subject: TMBG: I'm so ashamed Message-ID: <19980325.141610.13670.0.jnielsen69@juno.com> From: jnielsen69@juno.com (Josh Nielsen) I just went to the new and improved tmbg.org, and played the two trivia games, and I was devistated. I only got 12 out of 20 on the trivia, and 14 out of 20 on the cover art matching. I hope you guys will still accept me as one of your own. I'm so sorry. I have failed you all Josh Nielsen jnielsen69@juno.com http://www.angelfire.com/or/jnielsen/ http://www.geocities.com/SunsetStrip/Studio/4091 ICQ #1337243 _____________________________________________________________________ You don't need to buy Internet access to use free Internet e-mail. Get completely free e-mail from Juno at http://www.juno.com Or call Juno at (800) 654-JUNO [654-5866] ------------------------------ From: mjames@envy.loyola.edu (Matthew James) Message-Id: <9803252226.AA12318@envy.loyola.edu> Subject: TMBG: TMBG trivia Date: Wed, 25 Mar 1998 17:26:13 -0500 (EST) I just played TMBG trivia on tmbg.org and I got the question What was the first TMBG Joshua Fried song 3 times! I also got Who is the manager of TMBG 2 times. I ended up getting 16 out of 20 although I knew both of those questions so it was a bit easier. Could it be a replacement problem in the program? Also, when the question asked 'What was the First Joshua Fried remixed TMBG song' I had to stop for a moment and think. The World's Address remix didn't come out on Misc. T until 1991, but didn't Joshua do the Brownsville Mix of Istanbul in 1990 or was that another remixer? Was The World's Address on a single prior to 1991? I can't remember which one...perhaps Hotel Detective single, the only single I don't have? Thanks, Matt -- Matt James mjames@greed.loyola.edu Loyola College in Baltimore, MD Bruce Campbell Gazette: www.bcgazette.com ------------------------------ Message-Id: Date: Wed, 25 Mar 98 17:54 EST From: kbrodbec@remcen.ehhs.cmich.edu (Kirsten Brodbeck) Subject: Re: TMBG: NO TMBG CONTENT poll I think I'd be Jenga; I fall apart easily, and while it's fun at the time, I'm a pain to set up again. :) Kirs -- ============================================================================== "I can't wear a pink shirt! Everyone at work wears a white shirt! I'm not popular enough to be different!" -Homer Simpson Kirsten Brodbeck - kbrodbec@remcen.ehhs.cmich.edu - AKA Crow ------------------------------ Message-ID: <19980325222509.1320.rocketmail@send1b.yahoomail.com> Date: Wed, 25 Mar 1998 14:25:09 -0800 (PST) From: Ethuilcalen Subject: Re: TMBG: OMLT ---Author Chapchild wrote: > > I would just like to announce my support for those demanding knowledge > on the whereabouts of the OMLTs. Does anybody know the email address of the OMLT Goddess, AKA Christy, or her shoes? I thought it was Christy586@aol.com, but it bounced back quicker 'n two clicks of the mouse. Ethuilcalen, wondering why the OMLT Goddess has forsaken us... == The Quote of the Day Brought to you by the Cerulean Blue Wierdo: 'Psychiatric Hotline: If you are compulsive-obsessive, press 1 repeatedly. If you're co-dependent, have someone press 2 for you. If you have multiple personalities, press 3, 4, and 5. If you are paranoid, we know who you are and what you want so you can just hang up!' _________________________________________________________ DO YOU YAHOO!? Get your free @yahoo.com address at http://mail.yahoo.com ------------------------------ From: Vandal191 Message-ID: Date: Wed, 25 Mar 1998 18:12:05 EST Subject: TMBG: A problem with my girdle In a message dated 98-03-25 02:07:09 EST, Lawrence Solomon wrote: << I want my OMLT! I at least want an update... >> Every time I see that, I think "Hey, he wants his omelet." Anyone else have that problem? Remember the Pure Moods disc? The distribution company, Westwood, puts out a lot of other stuff, and some of you have probably seen the advertisements for "Sacred Spirits." I just got it (the bloody fools sent the tape instead of the CD and I had to call and yell with a Brooklyn accent at one of their salesmen so they would send the proper medium of recording) and it's...unique. It's really neat to listen to, but you feel like a tremendous philistine because you wouldn't be content with the original chants and songs that were of such great spiritual importance to Native Americans, no, you have to have a modern synthesized breakbeat to keep your ignorant head bobbing. So you listen for 20 minutes, deal with your guilt, and then start where you left off. But it's a neat album, you feel a little more in touch with earth and all that other garbage after you listen to it. By the way, what are we supposed to call the folks who were in the present day US before Columbus got there? I just take both extremes and call them "Indigenous American Savages." That'd be a good name for a high school football team. ~The Offensive Moose, being lead not into temptation and fleeing fornication whilst his lady friend visits the capital of the present day US. ------------------------------ From: Dr Worm X Message-ID: <53e61c18.351998d3@aol.com> Date: Wed, 25 Mar 1998 18:52:49 EST Subject: Re: TMBG: NO TMBG CONTENT poll no contest for me: Shutes and Ladders, just because it's so fun Matt "shutes and ladders master" Turn around, turn around, it's a human skull on the ground http://members.aol.com/DrWormX (check out my sideshow) ------------------------------ Message-Id: <3.0.2.32.19980326000910.007bf100@mail-in.keme.net> Date: Thu, 26 Mar 1998 00:09:10 +0000 From: cOliN eLLEsLeY Subject: TMBG: OMLT Right, would someone like to explain to this particuar thick Brit what in Linnel's name a OMLT is? Why is everyone so up in arms about them? Why are us Brits so inquizitive? What is the meaning of life.... I'll give up now shall I!!? --Colin the thick Brit ===================================== ===================================== "I DON'T WANT THE WORLD, I JUST WANT YOUR HALF" - THEY MIGHT BE GIANTS "Ana Ng" ===================================== ===================================== ------------------------------ Message-Id: <3.0.5.16.19980325182331.2417a6e0@martin.luther.edu> Date: Wed, 25 Mar 1998 18:23:31 From: ***Tarnished Silence*** Subject: Re: TMBG: OMLT OMLT, for those of you who haven't been here during the era, is an Official Mailing List T-shirt. We ordered them a while ago (some nice girl was going to get them all made up) but nothing has happened since we sent our money in for them. Tarnished Silence 210 At 12:09 AM 3/26/98 +0000, you wrote: >Right, would someone like to explain to this particuar thick Brit what in >Linnel's name a OMLT is? Why is everyone so up in arms about them? Why are >us Brits so inquizitive? What is the meaning of life.... I'll give up now >shall I!!? > >--Colin the thick Brit >===================================== >===================================== > > "I DON'T WANT THE WORLD, > I JUST WANT YOUR HALF" > > - THEY MIGHT BE GIANTS > "Ana Ng" >===================================== >===================================== > > Tarnished Silence 210 /--------------------------------------\ | knowing the dark | | mind tramples the sun | | holding the power | | it comes without sound | | | | T A R N I S H E D S I L E N C E | | tsilence@usa.net | \--------------------------------------/ "Si Hoc Legere Scis Nimium Eruditionis Habes" ------------------------------ Date: Wed, 25 Mar 1998 17:44:40 -0800 (PST) From: leonard helfgott Subject: Re: TMBG: NO TMBG CONTENT poll Message-ID: I'd be the farming game, because you absolutely can't lose ------------------------------ Message-ID: <19980326015038.26930.rocketmail@send1b.yahoomail.com> Date: Wed, 25 Mar 1998 17:50:38 -0800 (PST) From: Amanda Nichols Subject: Re: TMBG: TMBG trivia > Could it be a replacement problem in the > program? It could be that it simply has a finite amont of questions to repeat ntil infinity... or the server crashes, whichever happens first. > I had to stop for a moment and think. The World's Address > remix didn't come out on Misc. T until 1991, but didn't Joshua do the > Brownsville Mix of Istanbul in 1990 or was that another remixer? Was > The World's Address on a single prior to 1991? I'm not sure, but I think that Brownsville is another person. I can't remember which > one...perhaps Hotel Detective single, the only single I don't have? Hotel Detective doesn't have any remixes, and all songs appear on Misc. T and Then as they do on the single... except on Then, where the single version of Hotel Decective is sadly excluded... If you'd like, I'd be more than happy to tape it for you... :) Amanda == Behold the evil of MILK IN A BAG.... America's First Commercial College Radio Station WECB 99.9 FM/640 AM Business Line: (617) 824-8850 _________________________________________________________ DO YOU YAHOO!? Get your free @yahoo.com address at http://mail.yahoo.com ------------------------------ From: Yellovinki Message-ID: <9a13dd7e.3519bc86@aol.com> Date: Wed, 25 Mar 1998 21:25:08 EST Subject: TMBG: Re: board game I would be THE GAME OF LIFE....long, boring, and not well grounded in reality. Doctor K. ------------------------------ Message-ID: <19980326012938.17954.rocketmail@send1a.yahoomail.com> Date: Wed, 25 Mar 1998 17:29:38 -0800 (PST) From: Amanda Nichols Subject: Re: TMBG: off-topic: double dong in boston > > Hey - advance notice for all ye Bostonites out there... > > a)see you at Avalon on Friday! > > ok, this is getting annoying... how am I going to find all the list > people without some easy, unique way of identifying myself? Look for a tall guy in a suit and ask if he's OPus. You'll hit List Pay Dirt with the crowd that'll be with him.. Amanda, who'll be there (blue hair and all) with Sir Rob of Plass and all her friends from school. _________________________________________________________ DO YOU YAHOO!? Get your free @yahoo.com address at http://mail.yahoo.com ------------------------------ Date: Wed, 25 Mar 1998 22:27:20 -0500 (EST) From: LN Subject: TMBG: Re: TMBG in boston Message-ID: On Wed, 25 Mar 1998, Amanda Nichols wrote: > > > > Hey - advance notice for all ye Bostonites out there... > > > a)see you at Avalon on Friday! > > > > ok, this is getting annoying... how am I going to find all the list > > people without some easy, unique way of identifying myself? > Look for a tall guy in a suit and ask if he's OPus. You'll hit List > Pay Dirt with the crowd that'll be with him.. > Amanda, who'll be there (blue hair and all) with Sir Rob of Plass > and all her friends from school. Ah yes, the infamous opus. :) If I'm feeling adventurous, I'll probably be wearing my bright burgundy wool cloak.... you won't be able to miss me! -=ellen=- "Every seashell has a story to tell, if you're listening... But underneath every shell there's a story as well, if you've heard enough of the sea..." ------------------------------ Message-ID: <4p6RGc200WB=1KyhI0@andrew.cmu.edu> Date: Wed, 25 Mar 1998 23:08:07 -0500 (EST) From: Lawrence P Solomon Subject: Re: TMBG: Re: TMBG in boston well, to describe myself... uh, I'll be wearing a Linnellian blue t-shirt and lightish blue jeans. but I'm really nondescript. one of the many people I'll be with, though, has huge curly hair. can't miss him. I don't know who else will be in the group, though... (definition: Linnellian t-shirt - a solid color pocket t-shirt, like those worn by John Linnell) ok, so I only posted this because I wanted an opportunity to use the word 'Linnellian.' :) Lawrence Solomon http://www.contrib.andrew.cmu.edu/~lps/ lps@andrew.cmu.edu "Everything sticks until it goes away, * This space inadvertently And the truth is we don't know anything." -TMBG * left blank. ------------------------------ From: Strawbos69 Message-ID: <5ad97428.3519de1f@aol.com> Date: Wed, 25 Mar 1998 23:48:29 EST Subject: TMBG: Linellian t-shirt In a message dated 98-03-25 23:13:07 EST, olomon+@andrew.cmu.edu writes: << (definition: Linnellian t-shirt - a solid color pocket t-shirt, like those worn by John Linnell) >> Yah know, I've seen them 3 times live, and Jonh Linnell whore the SAME shirt! 3 years running!!!!!!!!! Difinition: Linellian t-shirt - a solid pocket t-shirt, greenish-blue in color, like the ONE worn by Jonh Linnell Sorry, just a ridiculous observation I just felt the need to share with the world... "Hey, he wore that short last time, and the time before that" ------------------------------ End of tmbg-list Digest #4-447 ******************************