Errors-To: owner-tmbg-digest@tmbg.org Reply-To: tmbg-digest@tmbg.org Sender: owner-tmbg-digest@tmbg.org Precedence: bulk From: owner-tmbg-digest@tmbg.org To: tmbg-digest@tmbg.org Subject: tmbg-list Digest #5-12 tmbg-list Digest, Volume 5, Number 12 Tuesday, 14 April 1998 Today's Topics: TMBG: hello radio TMBG: just plain randomness (none) TMBG: DUQESNE SHOW Re: TMBG: just plain randomness TMBG: Anyone going to 4/15 or 4/16 shows?? NON TMBG: The Spanish Channel Re: NON TMBG: The Spanish Channel TMBG: Seton Hall - Help! Re: TMBG: NO! :( (Mono Puff news) TMBG: TMBG filled day Re: TMBG: just plain randomness TMBG: Columbus Show TMBG: Flans in Details Introduction and Re: TMBG: just plain randomness TMBG: Double Dong, anyone? TMBG: Adrian College show NON TMBG: Re: Introduction and Re: TMBG: just plain randomness Re: TMBG: Columbus Show Re: TMBG: Columbus Show Re: TMBG: White tornado my foot Re: NONTMBG: Big Bad Voodoo Daddy... Administrivia: If you wish to unsubscribe from this mailing send mail to tmbg-digest-request@tmbg.org for instructions on how to be automatically removed. --------------------------------------------------------------------- The views expressed herein are those of the individual authors. --------------------------------------------------------------------- tmbg-list is digested with Digest 3.5b (John Relph ). ---------------------------------------------------------------------- Date: Mon, 13 Apr 1998 10:09:21 +0100 From: beknowles@vassar.edu (Benjamin Knowles) Subject: TMBG: hello radio Message-id: <01IVTF25LODI013EUH@VASSAR.EDU> forgot to mention my tmbg on the radio story. i was driving through western connecticut, listening to some penultimately shitty alternative station (sorry, don't know which one). i mean it was really bad - they were playing crap that they don't even put on mtv it's so bad (and that's bad, i tell you). anyway, i'm just about to turn the station when i hear a familiar glockenspiel chiming away, followed by "the sun is a mass..." wow, weird, i thought. but cool. then the station went back to playing shitty stuff and i turned it. anyway, that's my story. random. ben ------------------------------ Date: Mon, 13 Apr 1998 10:09:19 +0100 From: beknowles@vassar.edu (Benjamin Knowles) Subject: TMBG: just plain randomness Message-id: <01IVTF23X5W2013EUH@VASSAR.EDU> okay, so i just subscribed to the list a few days ago, and this is my first post. a few initial observations: 1) i have always considered myself a moderately big they fan. but some of you are just insane. i have every tmbg song that it is possible to acquire without serious bodily injury (all the LPs, most of the EPs and singles, and several other rarish tracks on mp3), but still there have been songs mentioned that i've never heard of. i'm not saying this is a bad thing, it's just... wow. where do you guys find this stuff? 2) i made a prediction when i first subscribed that the two bands mentioned the second-most-often on the list would be moxy fruvous and soul coughing. i was right. unfortunately, i pretty much despise both of these bands. (flame shield up.) 3) as for categorization of tmbg... well, it seems like that defeats the whole purpose of their music. for me, they represent rock & roll, in all it's nefarious and multitudinous forms, brought together by the johns into a beautiful hodge-podge of originality. i mean, the thing that makes them so cool is that they don't limit themselves to one genre. the beatles were the same way - no two beatles songs sound the same - they pretty much ran the gamut of musical possibilities that were available at the time. this unlike alice in chains for example, whose music all sounds approximately the same. (i don't know why i picked alice in chains - they sort of represent my default sucky band.) 4) the other great thing about tmbg is that they take their music seriously, but they don't necessarily take themselves seriously, if you know what i mean. this makes them, not only cool people, but musicians that are scared of nothing, stylistically speaking. any thoughts on this? i feel like i'm not quite getting at what i mean here. 5) sorry, i'm known for being somewhat of a lurker, and then busting out with a long-ass, annoying, and usually opinionated, tome about nothing in particular. if you disagree with me to the point of rage, please spare the rest of the list and e-mail back privately. or, if you happen to think i'm a great guy, please feel free to post it. :) peas, ben, who has recently come to the realization that he's not the only one with a cool tmbg sig file. ps. random question: does anyone on the list like dar williams? *%@%*=--=*%@%*=--=*%@%*=--=*%@%*=--=*%@%*=--=*%@%*=--=*%@%*=--=*%@%*=--=*%@%* | | | "Every jumbled pile of person Ben Knowles - Vassar College | | has a thinking part that wonders beknowles@vassar.edu | | what the part that isn't thinking Physics - Astronomy | | isn't thinking of." - TMBG Philosophy - Metaphysics | | | *%@%*=--=*%@%*=--=*%@%*=--=*%@%*=--=*%@%*=--=*%@%*=--=*%@%*=--=*%@%*=--=*%@%* ------------------------------ From: echuss@notes.cc.bellcore.com Message-ID: <852565E5.004ED169.00@notes950.cc.bellcore.com> Date: Mon, 13 Apr 1998 10:41:50 -0400 Kay wrote: > Like 'em or not, TMBG songs do tend to stick to your brain. ... or to the roof of your mouth if you mix them with peanut butter. :) Then Tara wrote: >So is that what we are? The "hyperintelligent practical joker set"? :) Hey like I got it! We should like find out where this guy lives, you know, and like go over to his house and take a sample of his DNA, uuhmm, and clone him or something and then take his clone and have it like walk around his environment and screw up his life! Ya know it would be his "Evil Twin", get it?! That would be cool. :) Erik ------------------------------ Date: Mon, 13 Apr 1998 11:04:05 -0400 Subject: TMBG: DUQESNE SHOW Message-ID: <19980413.111252.3190.0.yoda89@juno.com> From: yoda89@juno.com (James C Stiffey) I called AJ Palumbo and tehy say they don't know anything about this show. Anyone know the specifics on if thsi is going to happen or not? --- Love is like a snowmobile ride through the north. All of a sudden it flips over, trapping you underneath......At night, the Ice Weasels come. _____________________________________________________________________ You don't need to buy Internet access to use free Internet e-mail. Get completely free e-mail from Juno at http://www.juno.com Or call Juno at (800) 654-JUNO [654-5866] ------------------------------ Message-ID: <35325D74.E981B53@cannet.com> Date: Mon, 13 Apr 1998 11:46:12 -0700 From: Mike Blaser Subject: Re: TMBG: just plain randomness Benjamin Knowles wrote: > > 3) as for categorization of tmbg... well, it seems like that defeats the > whole purpose of their music. for me, they represent rock ? roll, in all > it's nefarious and multitudinous forms, brought together by the johns into > a beautiful hodge-podge of originality. i mean, the thing that makes them > so cool is that they don't limit themselves to one genre. the beatles were > the same way - no two beatles songs sound the same - they pretty much ran > the gamut of musical possibilities that were available at the time. this > unlike alice in chains for example, whose music all sounds approximately > the same. (i don't know why i picked alice in chains - they sort of > represent my default sucky band.) I know it's your opinion and all, but I have a hard time seeing how you can say that all of AIC's songs sound the same. That's like someone saying all of TMBG's songs sound the same. I suppose if you take just the songs that have been released to radio, then they do sorta sound the same, but you can also say the exact same thing for TMBG. Not to mention AIC has one of the best guitarist/songwriters today in Jerry Cantrell. ~Mike "You stereotype me, cause you don't like me Well you don't even know me, punk" -Limp Bizkit ------------------------------ Date: Mon, 13 Apr 1998 12:57:08 -0400 (EDT) From: The Demonic Kangaroo Subject: TMBG: Anyone going to 4/15 or 4/16 shows?? Message-ID: Hey, anyone out there going to the this Wendsday's show at Seton Hall University in South Orange, NJ or Thursday's show at Toad's Place in New Haven, CT?? If so, look for me. I'll be the weird guy handing out little slips of paper with my web page address. >:) -Mike http://www.cybercomm.net/~tdk/tmbg.html ------------------------------ From: Happyfroot Message-ID: Date: Mon, 13 Apr 1998 13:10:47 EDT Subject: NON TMBG: The Spanish Channel << Does anybody else get this show on their Spanish channel? >> I get the spanish Channel, I actually watch it everyweek, I have about 5 to 6 videotapes of stuff off the Spanish Channel, this is no joke, perhaps a little explination is in order.... First off, the comedy on Spanish Television is really bad. It is all REALLY- corny or the better stuff may be close to low-brow, so even if you understood spanish, it still wouldn't be very funny. But anyway, after Sabado Gigante, there's a local radio station here that buys 30 minutes of air time a week to put cool stuff on tv (oddly, the spanish channel, but hey, free live music on TV is cool). They usually have songs from recent concerts & acoustic in studio stuff, no TMBG, as TMBG does not make this studio's playlist : ( but I have heard some cool stuff from the Tea Party, Our Lady Peace, The Nixons, Nerf Herder, etc. Oh, well....nuff said... "hi, I'm" Jason Glastetter "& I watch the spanish channel" ------------------------------ From: Dr Worm X Message-ID: <99376bb9.3532593c@aol.com> Date: Mon, 13 Apr 1998 14:28:10 EDT Subject: Re: NON TMBG: The Spanish Channel in the new york/new jersey area, there are two predominant spanish channels on the tube. One is channel 41 (I don't remember the network name, but the studio is less than a mile from Giants stadium) and channel 47. I think the one you are talking about is channel 41, and I usually just watch for the funny spanishized american commercials, but I have actually caught this show a few times. Matt Turn around, turn around, it's a human skull on the ground If it's brown, drink it down. If it's black, send it back.- HJS http://members.aol.com/DrWormX (check out my sideshow) ------------------------------ Message-ID: From: Robert Plass Subject: TMBG: Seton Hall - Help! Date: Mon, 13 Apr 1998 15:49:08 -0400 Hello exquisite living people: I'd like to go to the Seton Hall concert, but you need to know someone who is a student at SHU to get in! Any one of you go to SHU who can help me get in? Anyone know anyone who goes to SHU? Anyone know anyone who knows anyone who goes to SHU? I really want to go... please help me!!! I'd even buy a ticket for the SHU person who gets me in as a thank you for helping me!!! Thanks! More info: Show at 8pm, Lincoln opening. TMBG are enjoying a *vegetarian* meal both before and after the concert. (The lady in the SHU program office was a real gabber!) Tix are $7 for Students, $10 for guests (973) - 761 - 9096 for information. http://www.shu.edu/ for directions, etc. Robert Plass ------------------------------ Message-Id: <3.0.3.32.19980413161443.0080b760@mail.csrlink.net> Date: Mon, 13 Apr 1998 16:14:43 -0400 From: Dylan Flipse Subject: Re: TMBG: NO! :( (Mono Puff news) At 10:45 AM 4/11/98 -0400, you wrote: >I just got word that the Mono Puff album has been pushed back to May >19th....that's right, Fru-fans...Mono Puff & Moxy Fruvous both have >releases that day... > >CDNow just took off the "It's Fun To Steal" pre-order from their site...I >guess they don't let people order that far in advance... > >I wish I could read more information about this on the Bar-None site, but >it seems to be suffering from the same affliction as tmbg.com... I'd been thinking about mentioning this. I, uh, went to this lame local music store last weekend and asked the dude about the Mono Puff Album. He looked in Ice and said that it was coming out next month. Didn't find Moxy in there at all though =( Dylan "Madder than Mike Leffel that his Moxy CDs that he ordered in January have yet to arrive" Flipse Dylan Flipse...one of them. - dflipse@csrlink.net Dylan's page is at http://www.geocities.com/Athens/9909/ for now. I'll never see myself in the mirror with my eyes closed -They Might Be Giants, the coolest thing this side of Zaphod Beeblebrox. ------------------------------ From: gray42@juno.com Date: Mon, 13 Apr 1998 19:37:56 -0400 Subject: TMBG: TMBG filled day Message-ID: <19980413.193815.3566.0.gray42@juno.com> Yeah Yeah! I had a TMBG filled day After School I went to the mall and read that TMBG article in details (thanx to whoever posted about that [since i never usually read that magazine]) Not only that but I ordered the Hitchhiker's Guide graphic novel commic book thingy (how exciting) When I got home, I had the nice suprise of receiving the mighty morphine power rangers movie soundtrack (Sensuround) that only cost me $1.99 :D I soooooooo happy Mysterio Gal " If there were no doorknobs nobody would be abel to open the doors. Everybody would die" --Claire (age 6) ICQ# 9585405 gray42@juno.com _____________________________________________________________________ You don't need to buy Internet access to use free Internet e-mail. Get completely free e-mail from Juno at http://www.juno.com Or call Juno at (800) 654-JUNO [654-5866] ------------------------------ Message-Id: <199804140002.UAA24120@elvis.vnet.net> From: "Could be an Illusion" Date: Mon, 13 Apr 98 13:11:50 -0500 Subject: Re: TMBG: just plain randomness -----BEGIN PGP SIGNED MESSAGE----- On Mon, 13 Apr 1998 10:09:19 +0100, Benjamin Knowles wrote: >1) i have always considered myself a moderately big they fan. but some of >you are just insane. i have every tmbg song that it is possible to acquire >without serious bodily injury (all the LPs, most of the EPs and singles, >and several other rarish tracks on mp3), but still there have been songs >mentioned that i've never heard of. i'm not saying this is a bad thing, >it's just... wow. where do you guys find this stuff? I think it's just that they are, in fact, insane. I'm convinced some of us make things up. ;) >whole purpose of their music. for me, they represent rock & roll, in all >it's nefarious and multitudinous forms, brought together by the johns into >a beautiful hodge-podge of originality. i mean, the thing that makes them Heh, nice sound bite there... :) >so cool is that they don't limit themselves to one genre. the beatles were >the same way - no two beatles songs sound the same - they pretty much ran >the gamut of musical possibilities that were available at the time. this Having become a fan of TMBG and the Grateful Dead at about the same time, I find many similarities between them. They are both bands who, musically, seem to fear nothing -- having touched on most available musical styles and occasionally invented ones of their own, their fans appreciate them for their efforts to explore their own capabilities. (Witness the raving cheers They get for tunes like Older, or the spontaneous Planet of the Apes compositions...) >know what i mean. this makes them, not only cool people, but musicians that >are scared of nothing, stylistically speaking. any thoughts on this? i feel I think I hit on that one above... and so did you. :) >ps. random question: does anyone on the list like dar williams? Non-random answer: Yup. Share and enjoy, =] Carl Hudkins + Tape list available at =--> http://users.vnet.net/chud/ [y ] [t =] "Thank you for the card with the cartoon nurse, [h ] but, you see, there's nothing wrong with me..." [e =] --They Might Be Giants [r =] Carl Hudkins + Tape list available at =--> http://users.vnet.net/chud/ [y ] [t =] "Thank you for the card with the cartoon nurse, [h ] but, you see, there's nothing wrong with me..." [e =] --They Might Be Giants [r -----BEGIN PGP SIGNATURE----- Version: 2.6.2 Comment: Would you send mail without an envelope? iQCVAwUBNTJHVb5BFpotHh45AQHjPAQAu+DH99CpdcNHyKFde/324YNrXOsDRn3S kYEUm+7wkMHNldH5CoWiooYdjAb2sbtj5Wkvo8kCUWpzHCxHpZNPC8d1xVBfO8CV Y13ka1k7dMHyH5A7bzb/eMrhWK37bNQirsQEtiBplVRqkXiwHEP/Sk7MitT5EGrR ionOscwK648= =56nM -----END PGP SIGNATURE----- ------------------------------ Message-Id: <3.0.3.32.19980413200848.006f88dc@mail.netset.com> Date: Mon, 13 Apr 1998 20:08:48 -0500 From: moller Subject: TMBG: Columbus Show Hey, any of you guys going to the columbus show at the newport... did you spring the extra $$$ for the "pre-concert party"? If so, do you know what's going down wit it? I know sometimes the band attends the preshow, and I was wondering if THEY were going to. Email me if you're going to the show. I'll be the guy with long very dark brown hair and bushy quaker-ass looking beard. moller moller@netset.com "Tell me what to do, 'cuz reading minds just kills the mood." Dismemberment Plan =-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=- ------------------------------ Message-ID: <3532AD6A.2023@stlnet.com> Date: Mon, 13 Apr 1998 17:27:22 -0700 From: Pat Acquisto Subject: TMBG: Flans in Details A friend of mine said that in Details there is an article on what medicines bands use while on the road and John Flansburgh had a short article about how he prefers Nyquil. Nick ------------------------------ Message-ID: <19980414024642.29751.rocketmail@web2.rocketmail.com> Date: Mon, 13 Apr 1998 19:46:42 -0700 (PDT) From: Danielle Gaither Subject: Introduction and Re: TMBG: just plain randomness Since I doubt any of you recognize this email (unless you know me from somewhere else), you can probably deduce that I am posting to this list for the first time. A little bit about myself: my name is Danielle Gaither (although you'll probably get that from the header), I'm 21 years old and about to graduate from college. I live in South Texas, which is not exactly a haven for Giantheads like myself, but I'm having some success converting my 12-year-old sister. ;) Anything else you'd like to know, feel free to ask! Now, on with my post. ---Could be an Illusion wrote: > > > On Mon, 13 Apr 1998 10:09:19 +0100, Benjamin Knowles wrote: > > >1) i have always considered myself a moderately big they fan. but some of > >you are just insane. i have every tmbg song that it is possible to acquire > >without serious bodily injury (all the LPs, most of the EPs and singles, "This could lead to excellence or serious injury." Sorry, it begged to be said. > >and several other rarish tracks on mp3), but still there have been songs > >mentioned that i've never heard of. i'm not saying this is a bad thing, > >it's just... wow. where do you guys find this stuff? > > I think it's just that they are, in fact, insane. I'm convinced some > of us make things up. ;) I'm with the insanity theory, too. Example of my own insanity: I once read on an Elvis Costello website how one fan had put EC stuff in all 8 slots of her CD changer and listened to a whole day of nothing but EC. Being the proud owner of all the LP's except John Henry (and since my CD player only has 5 slots anyway), I decided this morning to try this experiment with TMBG. I figured I'd get tired of it and stop before it was through. Nope. I lasted the entire 5-1/2 hours that it took to get through all 5 CD's. So after the CD's finished, I worked without background noise for about half an hour. Then I turned on the TV and started flipping between MTV and VH-1. I settled on VH-1 pretty quickly (caught the tail end of Pop-Up Video, yes!), and it went into some Top 10 Countdown. The sad thing is: after about 20 minutes of those videos, I decided, "This sucks. I'm going to put on _Factory Showroom_ now." While I'm not nearly as rabid as some fans, every time I think I'm a little too into TMBG, I listen to the other stuff and am reminded of why I like Them so much in the first place. > >so cool is that they don't limit themselves to one genre. the beatles were > >the same way - no two beatles songs sound the same - they pretty much ran > >the gamut of musical possibilities that were available at the time. this Yes. Diversity is a good way to maintain my musical interests. > >know what i mean. this makes them, not only cool people, but musicians that > >are scared of nothing, stylistically speaking. any thoughts on this? i feel What I like is how they seem to have maintained their integrity throughout the years. To ask what I mean by that, I offer U2 as an example of the opposite of what TMBG has done. While aspects of TMBG's sound have changed since 1983, the essence of their music has remained the same. Once U2 got famous, their music ceased to be interesting (at least in my hopelessly arrogant opinion). Hope I haven't bored everyone with my story. It's good to be here. Danielle === URL: http://www.geocities.com/CollegePark/1054/index.html "People should get beat up for stating their beliefs." --They Might Be Giants _________________________________________________________ DO YOU YAHOO!? Get your free @yahoo.com address at http://mail.yahoo.com ------------------------------ Message-Id: <3.0.3.32.19980413225328.006f3628@pop.erols.com> Date: Mon, 13 Apr 1998 22:53:28 -0400 From: Christopher Spangler Subject: TMBG: Double Dong, anyone? Hey Listies-- I'm in thinking-ahead mode. I've got tickets for the 4/17 concert at Catholic University, and I'm wondering whether or not to skip the opening act in favor of catching dinner. My date and I both work, usually late, so we'd be rushed if we tried to squeeze both in. So. Who are these Double Dong people and are they any good? Would I be better served by showing up at 8:30pm with belly full of good food and refreshing beverages? Any comment would be appreciated. Thanks heaps. --Chris In deference to someone who has better sig ideas than I ever will: Most recent CD purchase: The Story, The Angel in the House In the car: The Story, The Angel In The House In the Aiwa: BNL, Maybe You Should Drive In the CD-ROM: Elvis Costello, The Very Best of EC&A In the washer: Nothing. In the dryer: Darks. What the cats are doing: Sleeping at my feet. (This one never changes.) Who's the fairest of them all?: Ashley Judd Miles on the odometer, rounded to the nearest hundred: 150,900. Current candle scent: Blueberry. (This is getting out of hand.) ------------------------------ Date: Mon, 13 Apr 1998 23:21:09 -0400 Subject: TMBG: Adrian College show Message-ID: <19980413.232146.3638.0.tmbg.jneill@juno.com> From: tmbg.jneill@juno.com (jenny neill) Hey listies! i'm some what new to the list, but please don't kill me =) anyways, does anyone know whose opening at the Adrian College show in MI on the 23rd? and while i'm asking, is anyone attending? i'll be the girl with the short brown hair and the "music self-played is happines self-made" shirt on. if you see me, come over and say hi! jenny _____________________________________________________________________ You don't need to buy Internet access to use free Internet e-mail. Get completely free e-mail from Juno at http://www.juno.com Or call Juno at (800) 654-JUNO [654-5866] ------------------------------ Message-ID: <353302D5.281D@fuse.net> Date: Mon, 13 Apr 1998 23:31:49 -0700 From: Jay Organization: The Confounded Bridge Subject: NON TMBG: Re: Introduction and Re: TMBG: just plain randomness While we're on the subject of introductions, I'm Sir Jay, and I'll be your server for the night. Our special is smoked ham with smoked sausage and smoked hippies, and all for the low price of your first born son. Would you like a wine list? We crush the grapes ourselves. love to all, your harmonica spewer and fretboard tapper, jay -- Would you rather see me die than see me fly? Well, Mase, I'll tell you--I'd rather not see you at all. Take Puff Daddy with you, and, while you're at it, all those evil rap artists with their lack of proper anunciation and syntax and grammatical errors up the ass, and put them all on a desert island. Then we'll have a place to test our nukes. --me email: sirjamez@fuse.net irc (dal, ef, and under): phonebook instant messenger: saturnchrd ------------------------------ Message-ID: <3533045C.3307@fuse.net> Date: Mon, 13 Apr 1998 23:38:21 -0700 From: Jay Organization: The Confounded Bridge Subject: Re: TMBG: Columbus Show moller wrote: > > > Hey, any of you guys going to the columbus show at the newport... did you > spring the extra $$$ for the "pre-concert party"? If so, do you know what's > going down wit it? I know sometimes the band attends the preshow, and I was > wondering if THEY were going to. Email me if you're going to the show. I'll > be the guy with long very dark brown hair and bushy quaker-ass looking > beard. > > moller > moller@netset.com i'll be there, myself, with bells on (well, not really); however, due to a young age and lack of driving ability, from cincinnati i'll be accompanied by a rather large and ungangly parental unit who will, no doubt, make as much effort to stay away from me as i will from him. but what can you do. anyway, if anyone sees a guy wearing jeans and a grey-black nku pullover (very nondescript, i pride myself in that), it's me. say hi. ;) jay -- Would you rather see me die than see me fly? Well, Mase, I'll tell you--I'd rather not see you at all. Take Puff Daddy with you, and, while you're at it, all those evil rap artists with their lack of proper anunciation and syntax and grammatical errors up the ass, and put them all on a desert island. Then we'll have a place to test our nukes. --me email: sirjamez@fuse.net irc (dal, ef, and under): phonebook instant messenger: saturnchrd ------------------------------ Message-Id: <3.0.1.32.19980413230332.006953dc@pop.indy.net> Date: Mon, 13 Apr 1998 23:03:32 -0400 From: rachel Subject: Re: TMBG: Columbus Show >> >> Hey, any of you guys going to the columbus show at the newport... yeah! (as i posted earlier) i'll be haulin' arse there all the way from indy. i'm also interested in making a bootleg (my first attempt) any suggestions? oh yeah, and directions, to the newport (from i70) would also be helpful- from all you people who have nothing better to do with your time than e-mail me ;). i'll be your bestfriend? (tempting, i know) lovies, rachel ICQ# 4357912 ------------------------------ Date: Mon, 13 Apr 1998 23:41:16 -0500 (CDT) From: "Christopher M. Stangl" Subject: Re: TMBG: White tornado my foot Message-ID: On Thu, 9 Apr 1998, Jason F. wrote: > What exactly is a white tornado? (from the Istanbul remix) Ajax cleans like a white tornado. At least my mom told me it was from an old Ajax commercial. The question had been haunting me for years, and I *knew* the White Tornado was from a cleaning product ad campaign, but didn't know which *one*. So I called my mom. Ajax. -Chris Stangl, off-white tornado ------------------------------ Date: Mon, 13 Apr 1998 23:42:02 -0500 (CDT) From: "Christopher M. Stangl" Subject: Re: NONTMBG: Big Bad Voodoo Daddy... Message-ID: On Fri, 10 Apr 1998, Wayde wrote: > how many swing fans we got anyway? > *raises hand* > -Wayde Swing you dogs! -Chris Stangl ------------------------------ End of tmbg-list Digest #5-12 *****************************