Errors-To: owner-tmbg-digest@tmbg.org Reply-To: tmbg-digest@tmbg.org Sender: owner-tmbg-digest@tmbg.org Precedence: bulk From: owner-tmbg-digest@tmbg.org To: tmbg-digest@tmbg.org Subject: tmbg-list Digest #5-18 tmbg-list Digest, Volume 5, Number 18 Monday, 20 April 1998 Today's Topics: TMBG: TMBG, Lincoln & Mono Puff pages updated! Re: TMBG: Appeal of TMBG TMBG: buffalo Re: NON-TMBG: why you're a geek and a dork TMBG: IRC remote script NON TMBG: Dancing at TMBG concerts.... Re: TMBG: uh oh... TMBG: Another "freak flag" message Re: TMBG: IRC remote script Re: TMBG: Appeal of TMBG Re: TMBG: Appeal of TMBG Re: TMBG: Appeal of TMBG TMBG: CUA show report TMBG: Sorry TMBG: ack forgot TMBG: Pittsburgh (again) SEMI TMBG: Re: TMBG: IRC remote script TMBG: swing/ska-not-macarena TMBG: non-tmbg: Badical Turbo Radness non-TMBG: POLL RESULTS Re: SEMI TMBG: Re: TMBG: IRC remote script TMBG: "That Dance"/Other Music Re: TMBG: show at Toad's Semi-TMBG: College (Bates, Colby, Mt.Holyoke) & TMBG? TMBG: TMBAction Figures Re: NON TMBG: swing/ska-not-macarena Re: TMBG: TMBAction Figures Re: TMBG: "That Dance"/Other Music TMBG: Linnel's Accordian... Re: TMBG: TMBAction Figures Re: TMBG: TMBAction Figures Re: TMBG: TMBAction Figures TMBG: HELLO CUTIE! TMBG: Re: TMBAction Figures Re: TMBG: "That Dance"/Other Music Re: TMBG: TMBAction Figures NON TMBG: HELLO CUTIE Re: TMBG: TMBAction Figures TMBG: Re: tmbg-list Digest #5-17 Re: TMBG: Re: tmbg-list Digest #5-17 TMBG: Whole bunch of stuff... Re: TMBG: Whole bunch of stuff... TMBG: Dr. Worm video Re: TMBG: TMBAction Figures Re: TMBG: TMBAction Figures AND VIDEO GAME Re: TMBG: Re: tmbg-list Digest #5-17 Re: TMBG: johns in the movies (again!) TMBG: Hey TMBG: Ed and his dead mother Re: TMBG: CUA show report Re: TMBG: johns in the movies (again!) Re: TMBG: Ed and his dead mother Administrivia: If you wish to unsubscribe from this mailing send mail to tmbg-digest-request@tmbg.org for instructions on how to be automatically removed. --------------------------------------------------------------------- The views expressed herein are those of the individual authors. --------------------------------------------------------------------- tmbg-list is digested with Digest 3.5b (John Relph ). ---------------------------------------------------------------------- Date: Sat, 18 Apr 1998 01:31:35 -0400 (EDT) From: The Demonic Kangaroo Subject: TMBG: TMBG, Lincoln & Mono Puff pages updated! Message-ID: Hi there. I just added 76 pics from the 4/15 & 4/16 TMBG shows to my TMBG page, 29 pics from Lincoln's performances to my Lincoln page, and A new live MP3 to my Mono Puff page: Dashiki Lover. Check it out! -Mike http://www.cybercomm.net/~tdk/tmbg.html http://www.cybercomm.net/~tdk/lincoln.html http://members.tripod.com/~teedeekay/monopuff.html ------------------------------ Message-Id: <3.0.1.32.19980418012053.00698588@pop.indy.net> Date: Sat, 18 Apr 1998 01:20:53 -0400 From: rachel Subject: Re: TMBG: Appeal of TMBG Danielle wrote: Some say they're too happy, or not serious enough, or just didn't give >> em' a good enough try, well nobody's the same eh' >These people have obviously never heard _Lincoln_. Maybe this is just due to >my own neurosis, but I find _Lincoln_ to be a very dark album overall. no kidding! i just realized the other day that there happens to be quite a number of songs on that album about troubled relationships like santa's beard, they'll need a crane, i've got a match, you'll miss me and even parts of the world's address (i think thats all of them). like you said though, lincoln is definetly one of their more darker, paranoid albums. i wouldn't touch interpretations of some of those songs with a 40' pole. meow, rachel ps: speaking of paranoid, check out my brand-spanking new page at: http://www.geocities.com/SoHo/Museum/5039/index.html ------------------------------ From: KdsInThHal Message-ID: Date: Sat, 18 Apr 1998 02:27:39 EDT Subject: TMBG: buffalo yay! i got my tickets for the 4/24 buffalo show... beth? y'going? ::really have to catch up on my tmbg lists:: oooh there's a wesley willis thread? :D ....."he can really whoop a camel's ass." sarah http://members.aol.com/kdsinthhal <- with a new kithy splash page! ------------------------------ Message-Id: <199804180802.EAA20965@ussenterprise.ufp.org> Date: Sat, 18 Apr 1998 02:59:46 -0500 From: Mitchell Harding Subject: Re: NON-TMBG: why you're a geek and a dork At 04:07 PM 4/17/98 -0600, you wrote: >>>just a hypothetical situation here... say one of these dancing types >>>had waited in line for 3 days just to see the show and be able to dance >>>in the front... then what happens? >> >>The same that would happen if someone had waited in line 3 days just >>to see the show and be able to kick people in the front. > >what i meant was what if these people that had waited in line for three >days just to dance etc. were there standing right next to you. I understood what you meant. And the same thing would happen to them as would happen to someone who had waited in line for 3 days just to kick people in the front of the concert. Mitch ------------------------------ Message-Id: <3.0.2.32.19980418142404.007bd340@mail-in.keme.net> Date: Sat, 18 Apr 1998 14:24:04 +0100 From: The Ellesleys Subject: TMBG: IRC remote script As you can tell by the subject, I am working on an IRC remote script, it's looking good atm and will be all fixed up by the end of next week (new g/f permitting). Anyone wanting the zip, just mail me and ask for it. THE ELLESLEYS (of Colchester-Essex-UK) Home Page: Http://www.keme.co.uk/~thelimes/ TMBG page: Http://members.xoom.com/uncle_squid/Xoom/ ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^ "I walked from my baby's Brixton flat into a riot I thought of maybe turning back 'til things were quiet, when all the building to be be burnt had be burnt and and all the cars to over-turn, were over-turned..." - carter the unstoppable sex machine And God created Brixton ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^ ------------------------------ From: Happyfroot Message-ID: Date: Sat, 18 Apr 1998 12:28:01 EDT Subject: NON TMBG: Dancing at TMBG concerts.... Personally, I have no objection with people dancing at TMBG concerts. However, I can see there can be a definite danger in dancing at a concert (not all types of dancing, mind you). I was near people dancing in a crazy swing type style (not at a TMBG concert) & got kicked (probably due partially to my carelessness & partially due to their carelessness), it really hurt, but they apologized & I wasn't bleeding severly or anything, so I said it was ok. It looked fun, so I tryed to join in a similar experience with a friend & got yelled at. Anyway, the only problem I could see from dancing at any concert is lack of space. (jumping up & down requires little space) Sometimes concerts are really crowded & people (cops & stuff) will yell at you if you do anything too flamboyant (sp?). Plus, if it's someplace up front that's really crowded, the people there really try to crowd in, so if someone tried to dance, they'd probably be pushed out of the way. Oh, well, I say it's worth a try, if you really enjoy it! (or if THE MAN, as in Big Brother Man, tell you not to, you can always bring out the bootlegs & dance to TMBG at home!) : ) on an unrelated thing: how does one send tabs to tmbg.org? I think I've got Boat of Car pretty close! jason "there should be one magic ticket at every concert, if you have this ticket, the band gets to kick you in the head" glastetter ------------------------------ Message-ID: <3538ECDD.13B9AFEA@megahits.com> Date: Sat, 18 Apr 1998 14:11:42 -0400 From: Lee Steel Organization: LSDesign Subject: Re: TMBG: uh oh... gray42@juno.com wrote: > On Fri, 17 Apr 1998 22:32:18 -0400 (EDT) Lawrence P Solomon > writes: > >something odd I just noticed... I was looking at TDK's pictures from > >the > >4/15 show and noticed that Linnell was using the accordion he'd used > >in > >December, 1996 after his nice one got stolen. > > At the 4/16 show they mentioned somthing about an accordian getting somthing spilled all over it. Perhaps that is what is up? ------------------------------ Message-Id: <3.0.1.32.19980418131614.0069d18c@130.127.28.14> Date: Sat, 18 Apr 1998 13:16:14 -0400 From: Adam Tyner Subject: TMBG: Another "freak flag" message I'm sure anyone who's been on the list for any length of time remembers the "freak flag" threads...I don't mean to start a new one, but on Tuscadero's new album, "My Way Or The Highway", the song "Paper Dolls" has a line that goes: "You're beautiful when you don't try so let it go and let your freak flag fly." I thought that was pretty neat anyway. :) BTW, that's a great album and comes highly recommended... TTYL, -Adam, who's going to see Tuscadero in Columbia on May 4th!!!...hopefully, anyway... /----=========================================================----\ http://www.awod.com/gallery/rwav/ctyner/ The home of He-Man, "Weird Al", Yoo-hoo, Killer Tomatoes, and more! Demented music list admin O- MiSTie #67,326 ------------------------------ Message-Id: <3.0.3.32.19980418135301.009f2630@mail.csrlink.net> Date: Sat, 18 Apr 1998 13:53:01 -0400 From: Dylan Flipse Subject: Re: TMBG: IRC remote script At 02:24 PM 4/18/98 +0100, you wrote: >As you can tell by the subject, I am working on an IRC remote script, it's >looking good atm and will be all fixed up by the end of next week (new g/f >permitting). Anyone wanting the zip, just mail me and ask for it. Is it a TMBG script? Or were you just mentioning it? =) Yah, and it's very sad that people died in Jonesbro, but we don't need dumb chain letters of any sort on the list. (Not to mention the TMBG header.) And yes, that Thermodynamics of Hell, well, that was a good laugh, same for the last five times I've gotten it from various people during my time online. Everybody's new sometimes, but you still can't just send chain letters to the list cause you think they're funny or that it's gonna actually do a single thing about little kids running around with guns. Dylan "#tmbg of the Undernet rules all. (Jish, don't hurt me.)" Flipse Dylan Flipse...one of them. - dflipse@csrlink.net Dylan's page is at http://www.geocities.com/Athens/9909/ for now. I'll never see myself in the mirror with my eyes closed -They Might Be Giants, the coolest thing this side of Zaphod Beeblebrox. ------------------------------ Message-ID: <35391878.7E4B5D02@geocities.com> Date: Sat, 18 Apr 1998 14:17:47 -0700 From: Nathan Mulac DeHoff Organization: The Intergalactic Cult of VoVat Subject: Re: TMBG: Appeal of TMBG Danielle Gaither wrote: > ---gray42@juno.com wrote: > > > > Some say they're too happy, or not serious enough, or just didn't give > > em' a good enough try, well nobody's the same eh' > These people have obviously never heard _Lincoln_. Maybe this is just due to > my own neurosis, but I find _Lincoln_ to be a very dark album overall. > However, most of these ppl probably only know _Flood_, which is pretty cheery > for the most part. Sigh. In terms of music, perhaps it is. On the other hand, I'm not sure I'd consider lyrics such as: "Now it's over, I'm dead, and I haven't done anything that I want" "John, I've been bad, and they're coming after me" "She wants to see you again, slowly twisting in the wind" "A woman came up to me, and said, 'I'd like to poison your mind'" ...to be especially cheerful. Then again, if you're comparing it to "Lincoln," it does seem to be a fairly cheerful album. -- Nathan Mulac DeHoff DinnerBell@tmbg.org or vovat@geocities.com http://www.geocities.com/Area51/Corridor/5447/ "All I know could be defaced by the facts in the life of Chess Piece Face." ------------------------------ Message-ID: <35391A47.BB85CB12@geocities.com> Date: Sat, 18 Apr 1998 14:25:28 -0700 From: Nathan Mulac DeHoff Organization: The Intergalactic Cult of VoVat Subject: Re: TMBG: Appeal of TMBG rachel wrote: > Danielle wrote: > Some say they're too happy, or not serious enough, or just didn't give > >> em' a good enough try, well nobody's the same eh' > >These people have obviously never heard _Lincoln_. Maybe this is just due to > >my own neurosis, but I find _Lincoln_ to be a very dark album overall. > > no kidding! i just realized the other day that there happens to be quite a > number of songs on that album about troubled relationships like santa's > beard, they'll need a crane, i've got a match, you'll miss me and even > parts of the world's address (i think thats all of them). like you said > though, lincoln is definetly one of their more darker, paranoid albums. i > wouldn't touch interpretations of some of those songs with a 40' pole. Perhaps, but there seems to be quite a bit of darkness and paranoia on Their other albums, too. Images of death, alienation, and troubled relationships can be found throughout Their entire body of work. Still, you might be right that "Lincoln" is one of the most paranoid albums. I think that the pink album is probably the eeriest, though. Not every song on it is eerie, but "Hide Away Folk Family," "32 Footsteps," "Boat Of Car," and even "The Day" have a creepy sound to them. -- Nathan Mulac DeHoff DinnerBell@tmbg.org or vovat@geocities.com http://www.geocities.com/Area51/Corridor/5447/ "All I know could be defaced by the facts in the life of Chess Piece Face." ------------------------------ Message-Id: Date: Sat, 18 Apr 98 14:50 EDT From: kbrodbec@remcen.ehhs.cmich.edu (Kirsten Brodbeck) Subject: Re: TMBG: Appeal of TMBG I think that the pink album is probably the >eeriest, though. Not every song on it is eerie, but "Hide Away Folk Family," "32 >Footsteps," "Boat Of Car," and even "The Day" have a creepy sound to them. My little brother had nightmares from "Chess Piece Face"... Kirs -- ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ "You think you're so funny, but looks aren't everything." - Lincoln "Wish You Were Dead" Kirsten Brodbeck kbrodbec@remcen.ehhs.cmich.edu AKA Crow ------------------------------ Date: Sat, 18 Apr 1998 15:50:39 -0400 (EDT) From: Jish Subject: TMBG: CUA show report Message-ID: OK...I thought...why not do this...so for anybody who is curious here is my report on the CUA show from last night. First the setlist...not in the order they played them: *Rhythm Section Want Ad - Flans stopped in the middle of the show and "requested" that they play this *Ana Ng - cool slightly different version *Lie Still Little Bottle - Which led into some crazy oldie song I forget right now with Flans singing into the mic on the stick and linnell using some funky voice processing thing... *Shoehorn With Teeth *Birdhouse - very cool energetic performance *Istanbul *Twisting *Dig My Grave *She's Actual Size - haha, Flans took this song as a chance to play with his wireless mic...he was hiding behind speakers and all kinds of cool stuff...he also intro'd Dan as "Born a graveyard, raised in a garage" which is quite unoriginal considering the intro of Tony on Live in NYC *The Guitar *Sleeping in the Flowers *Spy *No One Knows My Plan *S-E-X-X-Y - I am amazed at how well they keep nailing this song down live...very cool *Till My Head Falls off - Linnell really had a lot of energy..one of the best performances I have seen of this *How Can I Sing Like a Girl *Exquisite Dead Guy *New York City *James K Polk - Linnell was really into it *Pet Name *WDTSS - after the song Linnell goes "Why does the sun shine!?" "WHY??????" in this really desparate sounding voice..it was cool *Dr. Worm *Battle for the Planet of the Apes *They Got Lost - the rocking version is so cool I think that is about it. Linnell seemed really into it. Jumping up and down...walking around like an ape during Battle....playing the keyboard with his feet...it was a pretty cool show...and I got Flans' autograph... Jishy ------------------------------ From: "Doug Ray" Subject: TMBG: Sorry Date: Sat, 18 Apr 1998 15:55:47 -0400 Message-ID: <01bd6b03$fb19fc20$c14306d1@default> Sorry everyone for the inappropraite messages, please don't fireball me to a crisp. -Evan ------------------------------ Date: Sat, 18 Apr 1998 16:04:11 -0400 (EDT) From: Jish Subject: TMBG: ack forgot Message-ID: and of course particle man :-P Jish ------------------------------ Message-ID: <19980418203604.18744.qmail@hotmail.com> From: "Jason F." Subject: TMBG: Pittsburgh (again) Date: Sat, 18 Apr 1998 13:36:03 PDT Sorry to keep sending Pittsburgh show messages, but the show is on Wednesday. Once again, does anyone have a Duquesne ID, know someone who does, or know how to avoid the supposed ID check at the door? Thanks. : ) --Jason-- "Hot Cha, where are you? Everybody's eyes are closed." -They Might Be Giants ______________________________________________________ Get Your Private, Free Email at http://www.hotmail.com ------------------------------ Message-ID: <35394D09.711A@fuse.net> Date: Sat, 18 Apr 1998 18:02:01 -0700 From: Jay Organization: The Confounded Bridge Subject: SEMI TMBG: Re: TMBG: IRC remote script Dylan Flipse wrote: > > Dylan "#tmbg of the Undernet rules all. (Jish, don't hurt me.)" Flipse > that does remind me--i seem to be banned the efnet #tmbg; i'd never been in the channel before and assume my whole site is banned. is there anything i can do? love and good happiness stuff, jay ------------------------------ From: cardhappy@usa.net Message-ID: <19980418230436.16880.qmail@www08.netaddress.usa.net> Date: Sat, 18 Apr 1998 23:04:36 Subject: TMBG: swing/ska-not-macarena Hello, Ska has been around much longer than the Macarena, and it is not a type of music that people will get sick of soon. I like skanking- it's just not always appealing the way some people do it so mechanically. BTW I did NOT swing at the AWESOME CUA concert--common sense tells you there was no room. Besides I don't know it well enough to do it by myself with non-swingsters. But hey--I am pro-dancing etiquette! yea! Swing dancing was/is often done in crowded places, and part of swing is keeping your elbows near your sides and not wildly flying all over the place. Most people don't do backflips and such, in case you all are worried about getting kicked in the head. (In which case there would still be some slo-mo action, with Elliot Smith music like in the fight scene in Good Will Hunting). Unfortunately, there usually isn't room for swing in packed concerts. But hey, i'm all for dancing and having a good time. Let the stress out, sweat a little, get the endorphins going, relax, and feel free.... --eeks ____________________________________________________________________ Get free e-mail and a permanent address at http://www.netaddress.com/?N=1 ------------------------------ Message-Id: Date: Sat, 18 Apr 1998 16:19:55 -0800 From: Adam Kline Subject: TMBG: non-tmbg: Badical Turbo Radness Hey there, here's a quick message to those of you with the money to give new bands a try: My rockin' pop band, Badical Turbo Radness (I know SOME of you have heard of us), has released our first CD, Badical Turbo Radness To The Rescue. In spite of our band name, we don't play BMX-biker metal or over-enthusiastic 80's glam. Sorry. We're just one of those neat li'l pop bands that likes to have every song sound different. Variety kings, you might say. Anyhow, if you're at all interested and you've got the money (a copy of the CD through the mail is just $10), check out the web page at http:/www.freakish.net/BTR/. If you like what you see there, drop me a line (not to the list, of course, I feel bad enough with my blatant pandering as it is) and I'll set up an order. But please don't inquire unless you're keen on bands with peppy-sounding songs that contain a darker meaning, which of course, you all are, or you wouldn't be on this fine list. Take care! --------------------- Adam Kline - batura@nccn.net --------------------- | The Beatles - They Might Be Giants - Paul Simon - Ben Folds Five | | Elvis Costello - The Ziggens - Violent Femmes - Freedy Johnston | | Yah-Yah Littleman - Cake - The Amish Ninja - Brendan Benson - XTC | | The Zombies - Beck - Frente! - The Muppets - Operation Ivy - the Rutles | | Joe Jackson - Madness - the Lilys - Jonathan Richman - K. McCarty | ----------------- http://www.freakish.net/BTR/index.html ---------------- ------------------------------ From: BenMoobil Message-ID: <7e52e2d4.35394009@aol.com> Date: Sat, 18 Apr 1998 20:06:31 EDT Subject: non-TMBG: POLL RESULTS ok i finally got off my butt and here are the results from the poll i took last month either so heres a link -----------> The Ben Sight or just follow the addresss http://www.angelfire.com/al/benmobil/ thanks! The Ben ------------------------------ Date: Sun, 19 Apr 1998 00:56:13 -0400 (EDT) From: Jish Subject: Re: SEMI TMBG: Re: TMBG: IRC remote script Message-ID: Yes, umm...the whole site is banned...email me...we can work it out...we have had problems with a certain fuse.net user Jish On Sat, 18 Apr 1998, Jay wrote: > Dylan Flipse wrote: > > > > Dylan "#tmbg of the Undernet rules all. (Jish, don't hurt me.)" Flipse > > > > that does remind me--i seem to be banned the efnet #tmbg; i'd never been > in the channel before and assume my whole site is banned. is there > anything i can do? > > love and good happiness stuff, > jay > ------------------------------ From: ArwenAnaNg Message-ID: Date: Sun, 19 Apr 1998 08:35:04 EDT Subject: TMBG: "That Dance"/Other Music << so the next time you're "THEY HOPPING" or whatever you kids call it>> That "jumping-up-and-down-dance" has a name... it's called "The Pogo" (as in Pogo-stick). This dance was first introduced to me by that name in the late 1970's. It was considered to be a "New Wave" dance used at Devo and B-52's concerts. (I, of course, was still a kid, but my parents went to such concerts). Since I fall right into the heart of Generation X (born in 1969), my most fond memories of days gone by include junk-culture reminiscing and 80's music. (Graduate, Class of 1986) With regard to music tastes beyond TMBG, I submit the following; "Older" Music: ABC, Adam Ant (history will decide!), The Beastie Boys, The Bobs, The Clash, The Cure, Dead Kennedys, Depeche Mode, Devo, Thomas Dolby, Duran Duran, Everything But The Girl, Fun Boy 3, Peter Gabriel, Heaven 17, Howard Jones, Iron Maiden (just the Powerslave album), Killing Joke, Kraftwerk, Led Zeppelin, Joe Jackson, Jesus Jones, Pet Shop Boys, Pink Floyd, The Police, Red Hot Chili Peppers, REM, The Residents, Jonathan Richman, Sade, Santana, Siouxie and the Banshees, The Smiths, Split Enz, Super Chunk, UB40, Utah Saints, Violent Femmes, Wall Of Voodoo, The Who, XTC, Xymox Yaz (aka Yazoo in the UK), Yes, Yngwie Malmsteen More "Recent" Music: Bjork, Crash Test Dummies, Edison Shine (indie), Electronic, Donald Fagen, Green Day, Hole, Chris Isakk, Jane's Addiction, Adrian Legg, Mighty Mighty Bosstones, Mono Puff, Morphine, Nine Inch Nails, Nirvana, October Project, Pearl Jam, The Presidents of the US of A, Skeleton Key, Soul Coughing, Southern Culture On The Skids Oh, and remember that old thread about who should play the Johns in a movie about them? How about Jimmy Kimmel of "Win Ben Stein's Money" to play Flansburgh? Seriously, he could work! Arwen "That's all I can think of, but I'm sure there's something else" AnaNg ------------------------------ Message-ID: <19980419145203.16548.qmail@hotmail.com> From: "Charis Campbell" Subject: Re:Re: TMBG: show at Toad's Date: Sun, 19 Apr 1998 07:52:02 PDT At 11:53 AM 4/17/98 +0100, Ben Knowles wrote: > >has anyone heard Them play Statue within the last 2 years or so? > I'm pretty sure they haven't played it in quite a while. I can't really > imagine what the song would sound like performed live without the horn > section... I think it's just been retired, like "I Palindrome I" and many > others. To be honest, I'd rather hear either of those songs than yet > another rendition of "The Guitar"...but that's just me. ;) >by the way, if your special request happens to be rhythm section or >particle man, They might play those. those are the ones that >They played >that were'nt originally on the setlist. > Really, Particle Man wasn't on the set list? That might be the first time > in 7 or 8 years! ;) >finally heard TMBG Got Lost - much better than i expected. other > I agree...the new spiffed up version is 100% better, IMO... > TTYL, > -Adam, who can't dance, but jumps up and down whenever everyone else seems > to be doing it. :) I saw Statue live the first (and :( only) time I saw TMBG in concert. That was... 2 years ago in March at the UNH show. But I unfortunately haven't attended a more recent show, so I wouldn't know if They have played Statue since when I saw it. ______________________________________________________ Get Your Private, Free Email at http://www.hotmail.com ------------------------------ Message-ID: <19980419145746.11145.qmail@hotmail.com> From: "Charis Campbell" Subject: Semi-TMBG: College (Bates, Colby, Mt.Holyoke) & TMBG? Date: Sun, 19 Apr 1998 07:57:46 PDT First of all, I'm deciding if I should go to Bates, Colby, or Mount Holyoke College for the next four years. Does anyone out there know about, attend, or like one (or more) of these schools? I need to know before May which obviously doesn't leave me much time to choose. Secondly, does anyone know of TMBG fan clubs at these schools or others? I guess I could try to start one next year if there is a following of Them, even a small one... ______________________________________________________ Get Your Private, Free Email at http://www.hotmail.com ------------------------------ From: gray42@juno.com Date: Sun, 19 Apr 1998 11:30:30 -0400 Subject: TMBG: TMBAction Figures Message-ID: <19980419.113201.3206.2.gray42@juno.com> Could you imagine the Giants as action figures. You see, I'm an action figure nut, and lately I've been pondering the idea. Such as: Flans in plaid would come with that square guitar of his. And he would have guitar flinging action. Linnell in his linnellian clothes, could have an accordian that shoots keys. Maybe each figure could have a little button that plays one of their greatest songs eh'. the possibilities are endless (makes me wish I owned an action figure company) Anybody else have any ideas? Mysterio Gal (fellow Subgenius & Happy Mutant) " If there were no doorknobs nobody would be abel to open the doors. Everybody would die" --Claire (age 6) ICQ# 9585405 MST3K#88182 gray42@juno.com _____________________________________________________________________ You don't need to buy Internet access to use free Internet e-mail. Get completely free e-mail from Juno at http://www.juno.com Or call Juno at (800) 654-JUNO [654-5866] ------------------------------ From: gray42@juno.com Date: Sun, 19 Apr 1998 11:17:54 -0400 Subject: Re: NON TMBG: swing/ska-not-macarena Message-ID: <19980419.113201.3206.1.gray42@juno.com> Ah, I remember my first Ska concert. I knew absolutely nothing of skanking, I saw other people doing it and was deeply confused. But me and my friend Jared couldn't keep from movin' our feet, so we jumped up and did some of the most absurd moves that you could imagine. The funny thing about the concert was is that I had dressed exactly thbe same as the band members w/ out knowing it. It was just how I usually dressed to concerts. That was one hell of a night and I shall never forget it. I remember concentrating on NOT skanking, tho' I didn't know it was called that at the time. Ah Memories Mysterio Gal (fellow Subgenius & Happy Mutant) " If there were no doorknobs nobody would be abel to open the doors. Everybody would die" --Claire (age 6) ICQ# 9585405 MST3K#88182 gray42@juno.com _____________________________________________________________________ You don't need to buy Internet access to use free Internet e-mail. Get completely free e-mail from Juno at http://www.juno.com Or call Juno at (800) 654-JUNO [654-5866] ------------------------------ From: EmmyMik Message-ID: <2e13ada.353a1c3a@aol.com> Date: Sun, 19 Apr 1998 11:46:00 EDT Subject: Re: TMBG: TMBAction Figures In a message dated 98-04-19 11:44:13 EDT, you write: << Could you imagine the Giants as action figures. You see, I'm an action figure nut, and lately I've been pondering the idea. Such as: Flans in plaid would come with that square guitar of his. And he would have guitar flinging action. Linnell in his linnellian clothes, could have an accordian that shoots keys. Maybe each figure could have a little button that plays one of their greatest songs eh'. the possibilities are endless (makes me wish I owned an action figure company) >> I like the idea.... ------------------------------ Message-ID: <19980419161759.13312.rocketmail@attach1.rocketmail.com> Date: Sun, 19 Apr 1998 09:17:59 -0700 (PDT) From: Danielle Gaither Subject: Re: TMBG: "That Dance"/Other Music ---ArwenAnaNg wrote: > > Oh, and remember that old thread about who should play the Johns in a movie > about them? How about Jimmy Kimmel of "Win Ben Stein's Money" to play > Flansburgh? Seriously, he could work! I don't watch that show, so I wouldn't know. I think Flans looks a lot like my world lit professor, but that really doesn't help any of y'all. My 12-year-old sister says that Linnell looks like Steve Buscemi (_Fargo_, _Con Air_). I guess he does in some pictures. It could work. My sister suggests Dan Aykroyd to play Flans. I may make a Gianthead out of her yet (she *loves* "Exquisite Dead Guy"). > Arwen "That's all I can think of, but I'm sure there's something else" AnaNg Danielle "no clever identification with TMBG character here" Gaither === URL: http://www.geocities.com/CollegePark/1054/index.html "Well, we *could* just say that Americans are stupid, but that would be mean." --John Linnell _________________________________________________________ DO YOU YAHOO!? Get your free @yahoo.com address at http://mail.yahoo.com ------------------------------ From: Happyfroot Message-ID: <60f6d644.353a24a2@aol.com> Date: Sun, 19 Apr 1998 12:21:52 EDT Subject: TMBG: Linnel's Accordian... Someone mentioned about how Linnel is using an old beaten up accordian when he has a new one & they didn''t understand why he would do this. Well, it's probably a musician/instrument thing. Musicians seem to have some sort of sentimental attachments to their instruments...Besides if he doesn't need to use the keys on the accordian that he's missing, well it'll still do it's job. (Maybe I'm just trying to validate me not getting a new acoustic guitar, but hey, it's a similar idea.) jason "have you eaten feces today?" glastetter ------------------------------ Message-ID: <19980419161648.25171.rocketmail@web1.rocketmail.com> Date: Sun, 19 Apr 1998 09:16:48 -0700 (PDT) From: Danielle Gaither Subject: Re: TMBG: TMBAction Figures ---gray42@juno.com wrote: > > Anybody else have any ideas? Well, you could synchronize them to play "The Famous Polka." Also, you know how they have those toys that "dance" whenever you play music? Well, you could have these figures do The Pogo when Their music is played. Now, I have no idea how you'd get the figures to distinguish between Their music and everything else, but we're only dealing in theories anyway. > Mysterio Gal (fellow Subgenius & Happy Mutant) Danielle === URL: http://www.geocities.com/CollegePark/1054/index.html "Well, we *could* just say that Americans are stupid, but that would be mean." --John Linnell _________________________________________________________ DO YOU YAHOO!? Get your free @yahoo.com address at http://mail.yahoo.com ------------------------------ Message-ID: <353A54C5.D74FADF1@geocities.com> Date: Sun, 19 Apr 1998 12:47:20 -0700 From: Nathan Mulac DeHoff Organization: The Intergalactic Cult of VoVat Subject: Re: TMBG: TMBAction Figures gray42@juno.com wrote: > Could you imagine the Giants as action figures. You see, I'm an action > figure nut, and lately I've been pondering the idea. Such as: Flans in > plaid would come with that square guitar of his. And he would have > guitar flinging action. Linnell in his linnellian clothes, could have an > accordian that shoots keys. Maybe each figure could have a little button > that plays one of their greatest songs eh'. the possibilities are > endless (makes me wish I owned an action figure company) > > Anybody else have any ideas? How about: TMBG Snowman Action Figure (complete with burning money and protective rubber skin) Rabid Child (w/CB radio) Chess Piece Face and the Big Duluth (w/trucks) Particle, Triangle, Universe, and Person Men Mr. Tambo and Urine Man Mr. Horrible (w/moving chair) Woman with writing on scalp Man with rock Hot Cha (w/fondue forks for everybody) Exquisite Dead Guy (rotates in his display case) Filthy Scarecrow (With broomstick arms that really wave!) Dr. Worm (complete with drum set) Some of these ideas might be a little silly (That's an understatement), but they do sound really neat. I'd probably buy a few of them. -- Nathan Mulac DeHoff DinnerBell@tmbg.org or vovat@geocities.com http://www.geocities.com/Area51/Corridor/5447/ "All I know could be defaced by the facts in the life of Chess Piece Face." ------------------------------ Message-Id: <3.0.2.32.19980419171522.007bce10@mail-in.keme.net> Date: Sun, 19 Apr 1998 17:15:22 +0100 From: The Ellesleys Subject: Re: TMBG: TMBAction Figures At 11:30 19/04/98 -0400, you wrote: >Could you imagine the Giants as action figures. You see, I'm an action >figure nut, and lately I've been pondering the idea. Such as: Flans in >plaid would come with that square guitar of his. And he would have >guitar flinging action. Linnell in his linnellian clothes, could have an >accordian that shoots keys. Maybe each figure could have a little button >that plays one of their greatest songs eh'. the possibilities are >endless (makes me wish I owned an action figure company) > >Anybody else have any ideas? Yeah... you could have an Evil Twin range so like, they couls wear opposing clothes and have red, evil eyes and that. You could also incorperate a little figue that comes with the main product (like the little colourful ghosts you used to get when you bought a real ghostbusters figure). You could have Dr Worm, Mrs Train, a They-skull and alike. Maybe there should be a free Giant-Head figure with each... The Giant-heads could have different dance actions like those disscussed within this very mail list! The only problem with turning icons such as TMBG into action figues is that you'd get companies like Kenner who make toys real un-life-like by fitting them with rocket launchers and stuff. Has anyone seen the kenner re-releases of the Star Wars figures.. no way did Luke ever have shoulders like that! I rest my case! I think I'm going to sit in my room and play with all my old toys now... thanks for bringing back my childhood ;) "Now, where are my He-Man toys...?" THE ELLESLEYS (of Colchester-Essex-UK) Home Page: Http://www.keme.co.uk/~thelimes/ TMBG page: Http://members.xoom.com/uncle_squid/Xoom/ ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^ "I walked from my baby's Brixton flat into a riot I thought of maybe turning back 'til things were quiet, when all the building to be be burnt had be burnt and and all the cars to over-turn, were over-turned..." - carter the unstoppable sex machine And God created Brixton ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^ ------------------------------ Message-Id: <3.0.2.32.19980419175430.007be100@mail-in.keme.net> Date: Sun, 19 Apr 1998 17:54:30 +0100 From: The Ellesleys Subject: TMBG: HELLO CUTIE! Hey Allison, Thanks for the mail, I now have a good excuse not to do the piece of course work I have been putting off for two weeks (The development of Seaside resorts in the UK and their effect on the UK's Travel and Tourism industry..... hmmm, v.interesting!). Ok, so my life is a big mess right now... the whole Toria thing and my new woman seems to be getting further and further out of reach the more that I think about it... Also, trying to fit my messy social life in with college is a pain in my rather "peachy" ass. I have started a new magazine entitled "Bitter and Twisted" which is now taking up more and more time that I don't have. I'll scrape through... I usually do. This whole thing with Katie will come to a head on Wednesday when I go and see her at work... ARRRGGGHHHHHHHHHH! Scary stuff. I don't know what I'll say to her. Umm.... I'll invite her to call for me whaen she leaves off work to look over some of my Elite stuff (catalogues of shirts etc). When I have lured her here, I'll ask her if she wants to meet up at a pub some evening. The fact is that the Pub I will meet her in is my local and I am on good terms with the bloke who owns it and works the bar (+ his good lady wife). This (I hope) will add a bit of coolness to the way she thinks about me. I have also arranged for my mate to phone me on my office telephone so that I will look very executive. I don't know why I am so fixated on trying to be something I am not in front of her, I guess I am not 100% sure she will fall for the real me as she is like whey out of my league. if that's not enough to worry about, I have a pile of work and Toria and my mate all over each other at college tomorrow... GREAT! (sarcasm may be the lowest form of humor but it'll have to do for now). I'm sorry to hear about the guy you liked not wanting a relationship... I would if I were him... he doesn't know what a sweet person he has let go! I'm sure some knight in shining armour (or should that be amor?) will wisk you up soon e-nuff. Weldone on the Italy trip. You wouldn't happen to be passing Colchester any time? Thought not.. shame. I don't know what to think of the Italians, I usually have some problem with people but I feel kinda close to the Italians. Us Brits are all a bunch of Romans anyway so I guess that is it... a blood link. That's as close as I'll ever get though considering I look very British (which is no good thing). Well, I gotta be off :( I can smell a traditional sunday roast being served and the simpsons is to start is a few minutes... hang on, I've got about 10 mins for me old pal Allie. So, you gotta put up with me for a bit longers. The murder mystery thing sounds cool. I wanted to do one at my college but no-one was mad for it. Shame. I am however setting up a quiz legue for student! Mainly because i was puton the spot by my tutor and asked what contribution I could make for other students. Also, I have a vast knowledge of stuff that really doesn't matter. I seem to be able to draw in info what I hear/watch stuff/people. I absorb it into my bloodstream and it flows on into my brain to just sit there and crop up when I least expect it! Well, gotta be gone.... food on it's way! Mail me soon (with a siver spoon) and if you haven't already done so, check my sites out (pretty pleeez with a cherry and some whipped cream on top.... + I'll throw in some sprinkles for free!) THE ELLESLEYS (of Colchester-Essex-UK) Home Page: Http://www.keme.co.uk/~thelimes/ TMBG page: Http://members.xoom.com/uncle_squid/Xoom/ ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^ "I walked from my baby's Brixton flat into a riot I thought of maybe turning back 'til things were quiet, when all the building to be be burnt had be burnt and and all the cars to over-turn, were over-turned..." - carter the unstoppable sex machine And God created Brixton ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^ ------------------------------ From: Superman25 Message-ID: Date: Sun, 19 Apr 1998 13:32:05 EDT Subject: TMBG: Re: TMBAction Figures hi. i'd like to have the bassist action pack: graham maby with super-speed chord playing action tony "mo' money, mo' money" maimonie with bass slap action hal cragin with rocket launching bass and "chick" magnet then there's the drummer pack: brian doherty with wind-up fussion solo action dan hickey with glockenspiel and replaceable long or short hair and of course, the velcro horns pack: randy amos with sonic blast trombone jim o'conner with trumpet harpoon gun all of these figures would be like the old school Megos (which are making a comeback). and a super-cool mail away offer for the steve calhoon mono puff figure. i say we bug the hell out of toy biz or kenner and get these things made. or we could get the info club make them. i love toys. some tmbg figures would fit nicely between my star wars, he-man and transformers (they're more than meets the eye, y'know). or perhaps i'm rambling on again. oh, the nurse is here with my medication. adam schaaf, mmm, sedatives. ------------------------------ Message-Id: Date: Sun, 19 Apr 98 13:54 EDT From: kbrodbec@remcen.ehhs.cmich.edu (Kirsten Brodbeck) Subject: Re: TMBG: "That Dance"/Other Music > ><< so the next time you're "THEY HOPPING" or whatever you kids call it>> > >That =93jumping-up-and-down-dance=94 has a name... it=92s called =93The P= >ogo=94 (as in >Pogo-stick). This dance was first introduced to me by that name in the >late 1970=92s. It was considered to be a =93New Wave=94 dance used at Dev= >o and >B-52=92s concerts. Or, as legend has it, invented by Sid Vicious at early punk shows... Kirsten -- ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ "You think you're so funny, but looks aren't everything." - Lincoln "Wish You Were Dead" Kirsten Brodbeck kbrodbec@remcen.ehhs.cmich.edu AKA Crow ------------------------------ Message-ID: <19980419180228.4452.rocketmail@web4.rocketmail.com> Date: Sun, 19 Apr 1998 11:02:28 -0700 (PDT) From: Danielle Gaither Subject: Re: TMBG: TMBAction Figures ---Nathan Mulac DeHoff wrote: > > How about: > TMBG Snowman Action Figure (complete with burning money and protective rubber > skin) > Rabid Child (w/CB radio) > Chess Piece Face and the Big Duluth (w/trucks) > Particle, Triangle, Universe, and Person Men > Mr. Tambo and Urine Man > Mr. Horrible (w/moving chair) > Woman with writing on scalp > Man with rock > Hot Cha (w/fondue forks for everybody) > Exquisite Dead Guy (rotates in his display case) > Filthy Scarecrow (With broomstick arms that really wave!) > Dr. Worm (complete with drum set) I'd like to add "The Inspector Over the Mine," dressed in geeky beach clothes and complete with beeping metal detector and discarded falderal. Yes, that's it! That's my TMBG character to identify with! What would an "Ana Ng" doll look like? Maybe you could push a button and she'd say, "Small girl after all" or "I don't want the world; I just want your half." Don't forget the girl with the crown and scepter. Also, a blue canary night light a la "Birdhouse in Your Soul" would be pretty cool. > Some of these ideas might be a little silly (That's an understatement), but > they do sound really neat. I'd probably buy a few of them. How dare you suggest silly ideas! We don't go for silliness around here, mister. I think most of us would buy such action figures. I would. > -- > Nathan Mulac DeHoff > DinnerBell@tmbg.org or vovat@geocities.com > http://www.geocities.com/Area51/Corridor/5447/ > "All I know could be defaced by the facts in the life of Chess Piece Face." Danielle, inspector over the mine === URL: http://www.geocities.com/CollegePark/1054/index.html "Well, we *could* just say that Americans are stupid, but that would be mean." --John Linnell _________________________________________________________ DO YOU YAHOO!? Get your free @yahoo.com address at http://mail.yahoo.com ------------------------------ Message-Id: <3.0.2.32.19980419191956.007be7f0@mail-in.keme.net> Date: Sun, 19 Apr 1998 19:19:56 +0100 From: The Ellesleys Subject: NON TMBG: HELLO CUTIE OK, my apoligees for posting a person mail. It was an accident. I was very hormonal when I sent it and was so busy thinking about woman and stuff that my hand slipped. Just delete the damned thing and let's hear no more about it shall we!? Unless, of course anyone want to comment on any part of it??? --Thick Brit THE ELLESLEYS (of Colchester-Essex-UK) Home Page: Http://www.keme.co.uk/~thelimes/ TMBG page: Http://members.xoom.com/uncle_squid/Xoom/ ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^ "I walked from my baby's Brixton flat into a riot I thought of maybe turning back 'til things were quiet, when all the building to be be burnt had be burnt and and all the cars to over-turn, were over-turned..." - carter the unstoppable sex machine And God created Brixton ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^ ------------------------------ Message-ID: <353A4784.567F@rica.net> Date: Sun, 19 Apr 1998 14:50:44 -0400 From: Joey Groah Subject: Re: TMBG: TMBAction Figures > > > > How about: > > TMBG Snowman Action Figure (complete with burning money and protective rubber > > skin) > > Rabid Child (w/CB radio) > > Chess Piece Face and the Big Duluth (w/trucks) > > Particle, Triangle, Universe, and Person Men > > Mr. Tambo and Urine Man > > Mr. Horrible (w/moving chair) > > Woman with writing on scalp > > Man with rock > > Hot Cha (w/fondue forks for everybody) > > Exquisite Dead Guy (rotates in his display case) > > Filthy Scarecrow (With broomstick arms that really wave!) > > Dr. Worm (complete with drum set) > I'd like to add "The Inspector Over the Mine," dressed in geeky beach clothes > and complete with beeping metal detector and discarded falderal. Yes, that's > it! That's my TMBG character to identify with! What would an "Ana Ng" doll > look like? Maybe you could push a button and she'd say, "Small girl after > all" or "I don't want the world; I just want your half." Don't forget the > girl with the crown and scepter. Also, a blue canary night light a la > "Birdhouse in Your Soul" would be pretty cool. > Also: Flans with Stick Lead guitarist Eric Schmemmereerrhorn(discontinued) Mono Puff tie-ins -Flans with Hillbilly Drummer costume -Lady Puff and Sister Puff, gotta have girl action figures so the market can get inflated. Can't have action figures without playsets: -'64 Worlds Fair -Bridge with action graffhiti -New York City, including Manhattan Island with "sinking" feature, featuring Cowtown suburb -Invaders from Venus, with Space Johns (special Star Wars figures tie-in), connects with Sun/swirling mass of incandescent gas playset & Moon Base -Hell (Hey, Spawn gets it, so can TMBG action figures) -Dog Show w/ culture killing puppies -Berlin, w/special Bob and Bing figures -and of course, Istanbul Joey, upset that he never got his 'The Fridge' ------------------------------ From: "William Ryan Stuart Hamilton" Subject: TMBG: Re: tmbg-list Digest #5-17 Date: Sun, 19 Apr 1998 15:22:16 -0500 Message-ID: <01bd6bd0$d8942900$a3fd5fcc@mom> Um. Is this whole MTV thing really feasible? I'd hate to get all my hopes only to find out that there are maybe 100 of us and the winning videos get thousands of votes... Ryan47 whoooooooooooooooo buddy. ------------------------------ Message-Id: <3.0.1.32.19980419162637.006a041c@130.127.28.14> Date: Sun, 19 Apr 1998 16:26:37 -0400 From: Adam Tyner Subject: Re: TMBG: Re: tmbg-list Digest #5-17 At 03:22 PM 4/19/98 -0500, William Ryan Stuart Hamilton wrote: >Um. Is this whole MTV thing really feasible? I'd hate to get all my hopes >only to find out that there are maybe 100 of us and the winning videos get >thousands of votes... It's not really feasible, but it wouldn't hurt to try, I guess. I seem to remember hearing that there are 300-400 people on this list, which is nowhere near enough to get into the top 5 requested videos...but like I said, why not? :) /----=========================================================----\ http://www.awod.com/gallery/rwav/ctyner/ The home of He-Man, "Weird Al", Yoo-hoo, Killer Tomatoes, and more! Demented music list admin O- MiSTie #67,326 ------------------------------ From: NitpickR Message-ID: <53202398.353a5db9@aol.com> Date: Sun, 19 Apr 1998 16:25:27 EDT Subject: TMBG: Whole bunch of stuff... Hello 41- Mr Steele: I was there, but don't remember seeing you. 8^( You should have said hi to me. Crowd ethics: I don't have a problem with moshing and crowd surfing... when it's in the right environment. TMBG doesn't like moshing or crowd surfing at their shows, and I support their decision. Dancing and bopping up and down is no problem. But when you cause other people to have a bad time, which seems to happen, it's not appropriate. Statue- At the last show Brian Doherty played in 1997 at Mississippi Nights in St. Louis, they played Statue Got Me High. It was great. Request- I refuse to take part in requesting any song from Flood, Don't Let's Start or Ana Ng, because if a song is to get on MTV during normal hours, it should be one more people don't know about or haven't seen. Adam ------------------------------ Message-Id: <3.0.1.32.19980419163034.006a1c14@130.127.28.14> Date: Sun, 19 Apr 1998 16:30:34 -0400 From: Adam Tyner Subject: Re: TMBG: Whole bunch of stuff... At 04:25 PM 4/19/98 EDT, NitpickR wrote: > >Request- I refuse to take part in requesting any song from Flood, Don't Let's >Start or Ana Ng, because if a song is to get on MTV during normal hours, it >should be one more people don't know about or haven't seen. Put "Snail Shell" on that list too. :) I'd personally like to see "The Statue Got Me High" played... /----=========================================================----\ http://www.awod.com/gallery/rwav/ctyner/ The home of He-Man, "Weird Al", Yoo-hoo, Killer Tomatoes, and more! Demented music list admin O- MiSTie #67,326 ------------------------------ Message-Id: <3.0.1.32.19980419163646.0069810c@130.127.28.14> Date: Sun, 19 Apr 1998 16:36:46 -0400 From: Adam Tyner Subject: TMBG: Dr. Worm video On www.monopuff.org, it says Flansie's currently directing the video for "Dr. Worm"... /----=========================================================----\ http://www.awod.com/gallery/rwav/ctyner/ The home of He-Man, "Weird Al", Yoo-hoo, Killer Tomatoes, and more! Demented music list admin O- MiSTie #67,326 ------------------------------ Message-ID: <353A8E0C.77268BC2@geocities.com> Date: Sun, 19 Apr 1998 16:51:42 -0700 From: Nathan Mulac DeHoff Organization: The Intergalactic Cult of VoVat Subject: Re: TMBG: TMBAction Figures Joey Groah wrote: > -Lady Puff and Sister Puff, gotta have girl action figures so the market > can get inflated. If you're doing women, you might as well throw in Ondine, with unloaded gun and pickup truck. > > > Can't have action figures without playsets: > > -'64 Worlds Fair > -Bridge with action graffhiti > -New York City, including Manhattan Island with "sinking" feature, > featuring Cowtown suburb > -Invaders from Venus, with Space Johns (special Star Wars figures > tie-in), connects with Sun/swirling mass of incandescent gas playset & > Moon Base > -Hell (Hey, Spawn gets it, so can TMBG action figures) I suppose there would be some snowballs there. There could also be a surfing Satan, I suppose. Also, a James Ensor connection could be worked in, since he painted some demons and skeletons and stuff. > -Dog Show w/ culture killing puppies > -Berlin, w/special Bob and Bing figures > -and of course, Istanbul What about the Toddler Hiway playset, or the Pencil Rain Military Commando Set? There could also be a Cabbagetown playset, complete with Uncle Jack, and a sea for Granddad to fall into. I've already mentioned a few vehicles, but here are some more: The Boat of Car The Spy Plane A car with kittens painted all over it The NyQuil Driver's car The women and men's ship Shriner cars (although I suppose they could come with the dog show playset) The car without a handle The silver space ship And, getting back to action figures, who could forget the Statue, or Bill (skywriting far above the planet Earth). -- Nathan Mulac DeHoff DinnerBell@tmbg.org or vovat@geocities.com http://www.geocities.com/Area51/Corridor/5447/ "All I know could be defaced by the facts in the life of Chess Piece Face." ------------------------------ Date: Sun, 19 Apr 1998 14:56:08 -0700 Subject: Re: TMBG: TMBAction Figures AND VIDEO GAME Message-ID: <19980419.145610.9534.0.jnielsen69@juno.com> From: jnielsen69@juno.com (Josh Nielsen) Well, no set of action figures is complete without the VIDEO GAME available on N64, Sega, and Playstation. I'm thinking John and John's Quest to Kiss the Girl From Venus (For Science). You could also have little bonus games at the end of each level, like get the women and men across the ocean, wake the cross-eyed bear, survive the pencil rain, and Kitten's escape from jail. Josh Nielsen "I can only please one person a day, and today is not your day. Tomorrow isn't looking good either." jnielsen69@juno.com http://www.angelfire.com/or/jnielsen/ http://www.geocities.com/SunsetStrip/Studio/4091 ICQ #1337243 _____________________________________________________________________ You don't need to buy Internet access to use free Internet e-mail. Get completely free e-mail from Juno at http://www.juno.com Or call Juno at (800) 654-JUNO [654-5866] ------------------------------ Message-Id: <3.0.1.32.19980419180320.00695b78@pop.indy.net> Date: Sun, 19 Apr 1998 18:03:20 -0400 From: rachel Subject: Re: TMBG: Re: tmbg-list Digest #5-17 >At 03:22 PM 4/19/98 -0500, William Ryan Stuart Hamilton wrote: >>Um. Is this whole MTV thing really feasible? I'd hate to get all my hopes >>only to find out that there are maybe 100 of us and the winning videos get >>thousands of votes... > then Adam wrote: >It's not really feasible, but it wouldn't hurt to try, I guess. I seem to >remember hearing that there are 300-400 people on this list, which is >nowhere near enough to get into the top 5 requested videos...but like I >said, why not? :) (sob!) i was getting all excited about the possibility of they getting played untill i turned on total request only to hear that hanson (ach!) got something like 2,000 votes. of course that was the video of the day, i dunno how many votes the other videos got. we should still try of course, if anything at least we will annoy them. :) lovies, rachel ------------------------------ Message-Id: <3.0.1.32.19980419180438.00696fcc@pop.indy.net> Date: Sun, 19 Apr 1998 18:04:38 -0400 From: rachel Subject: Re: TMBG: johns in the movies (again!) At 09:17 AM 4/19/98 -0700, Danielle wrote: >My 12-year-old sister says that Linnell looks like Steve Buscemi (_Fargo_, >_Con Air_). I guess he does in some pictures. It could work. > ach! i love steve and all but he's no where near as addorable as linnell. here's an i idea though, donald sutherland!- only in the 70's though, he looked a lot like linnell then. so we would have to go back in time and get him or something. lovies, rachel ------------------------------ Message-ID: <19980419234902.17018.qmail@hotmail.com> From: "Jenny Pigott" Subject: TMBG: Hey Date: Sun, 19 Apr 1998 16:49:02 PDT Hi, I'm Jenny and I'm new to this list. I'm with you guys on requesting Birdhouse but I live in Canada and we don't get MTV here we get Much Music. Would you all help me out and do the same thing with Much Music???? PLEASE!!!! I'd REALLY appreciate it!!! Thanks!!! chow, Jenny ______________________________________________________ Get Your Private, Free Email at http://www.hotmail.com ------------------------------ From: XAnaNgx Message-ID: <8a62b77d.353a9177@aol.com> Date: Sun, 19 Apr 1998 20:06:13 EDT Subject: TMBG: Ed and his dead mother okay, i'm sure this has already been posted, but i haven't been on the list for a while. anyway, i was just watching "ed and his dead mother" and they played "everything right is wrong again" in the credits. it was the best of both worlds, TMBG and steve in one movie.... wow... it doesnt get much better than that. ------------------------------ Date: Sun, 19 Apr 1998 17:52:52 -0700 (PDT) From: leonard helfgott Subject: Re: TMBG: CUA show report Message-ID: this is making me very angry. When are THEY going to come out west? no plans, no slightest hint that they are leaving the east coast. we like them over here too. ------------------------------ Message-ID: <19980420030115.26959.rocketmail@web1.rocketmail.com> Date: Sun, 19 Apr 1998 20:01:15 -0700 (PDT) From: Danielle Gaither Subject: Re: TMBG: johns in the movies (again!) ---rachel wrote: > > ach! i love steve and all but he's no where near as addorable as linnell. > here's an i idea though, donald sutherland!- only in the 70's though, he > looked a lot like linnell then. so we would have to go back in time and get > him or something. He did? I fail to see the resemblance. Although I will agree that in a cuteness match between Steve Buscemi and Linnell, well, Linnell would win hands down. In some of his pictures, I'd never guess that he is actually 17 years older than I am. Is it just me, or does this list seem a bit more fixated on Linnell than Flans? If this is the case, why? While he is cuter than Steve Buscemi, that isn't much of an accomplishment. BTW, I came up with an interesting idea. You know how they have Gershwin revues and revues of other composers (where they compile the songs and make them into a story, so it becomes a nice little musical)? I thought it would be interesting to do a TMBG revue, using the Johns as sort of a Greek chorus thing. Just a thought. What do y'all in listserv land think? > lovies, > rachel Danielle, inspector over the mine === URL: http://www.geocities.com/CollegePark/1054/index.html "Well, we *could* just say that Americans are stupid, but that would be mean." --John Linnell _________________________________________________________ DO YOU YAHOO!? Get your free @yahoo.com address at http://mail.yahoo.com ------------------------------ From: BrthrJuan Message-ID: <884c7672.353ac4cf@aol.com> Date: Sun, 19 Apr 1998 23:45:18 EDT Subject: Re: TMBG: Ed and his dead mother definately...steve buscemi is the greatest, and hey, tmbg. ------------------------------ End of tmbg-list Digest #5-18 *****************************