Errors-To: owner-tmbg-digest@tmbg.org Reply-To: tmbg-digest@tmbg.org Sender: owner-tmbg-digest@tmbg.org Precedence: bulk From: owner-tmbg-digest@tmbg.org To: tmbg-digest@tmbg.org Subject: tmbg-list Digest #5-2 tmbg-list Digest, Volume 5, Number 2 Friday, 3 April 1998 Today's Topics: TMBG: Re: Buffalo concert TMBG: Re: non-tmbg: more titanic crap Re: TMBG: Re: non-tmbg: more titanic crap Re: TMBG: Re: non-tmbg: more titanic crap NON-TMBG: That T movie...& a little TMBG stuff at the end... TMBG: Re: non-tmbg: more titanic crap Re: TMBG: Re: non-tmbg: more titanic crap TMBG: TITANIC Re: TMBG: Re: non-tmbg: more titanic crap Re: NON-TMBG: Kate Winslet TMBG: Am I the only listie even TRYING to go to Worcester??? TMBG: non-tmbG: no more titanic, pleasE Re: TMBG: Re: non-tmbg: more titanic crap TMBG: Pittsburgh Show April 22 TMBG: Re: non-tmbg: more titanic crap TMBG: Adrian, MI Concert TMBG: Origins of Istanbul... Re: TMBG: Origins of Istanbul... Re: TMBG: Origins of Istanbul...oh yeah! TMBG: If you disliked Augiewan, don't read this... non-TMBG: Heavenly Creatures Administrivia: If you wish to unsubscribe from this mailing send mail to tmbg-digest-request@tmbg.org for instructions on how to be automatically removed. --------------------------------------------------------------------- The views expressed herein are those of the individual authors. --------------------------------------------------------------------- tmbg-list is digested with Digest 3.5b (John Relph ). ---------------------------------------------------------------------- From: guppenmt@sbu.edu Organization: St. Bonaventure University Date: Thu, 2 Apr 1998 11:28:49 EST5EDT Subject: TMBG: Re: Buffalo concert Message-ID: <4664EDE7B38@pub.sbu.edu> Has anyone heard anything about wether or not there is a Buffalo concert? If anyone can get me some info on it I'd appreciate it. Guppy "Every sea shell has a story to tell if you're listening, but under every shell is a story as well if you've heard enough of the sea" -TMBG ------------------------------ Message-Id: <3.0.1.32.19980402084752.0069aba4@pop.ben2.ucla.edu> Date: Thu, 02 Apr 1998 08:47:52 -0800 From: J Chen Subject: TMBG: Re: non-tmbg: more titanic crap rachel wrote: >>i believe what mr. kuemmerle was trying to point out is that Titanic's >>massive budget will pave the way for more film like that. on average, >>your summer blockbusters run upwards of 100 million dollars to make. >>given the fact that Titanic made back the 200+ million dollars it cost to >>produce, studios will be more leaniant to creating more movies will the >>same price tag. >> >hmmm, and thats a good thing why? more expensive movies are not nessesarily >better- ahem, "clerks" well, nobody here said that was a good thing. It's just a thing, just a new something to contend with. It is argued that Hollywood producers will certainly feel influenced by the success of this super-massively budgeted picture. Whether that's good or not remains to be seen. >>some other things: >>-young, popular celebrities have always predominated movies and will >> continue to so for years to come. > >unfortunately... I thought this was a little out of context. Besides "Sense and Sensibility," a film nobody saw, name me another movie you know Kate Winslet to be from. Popular celebrity? No one's even seen her movies! Before Titanic, Winslet starred in obscure English films like "Heavenly Creatures" and "Jude." Part of the praise Cameron received was that he was willing to use a relatively unknown (but critically acclaimed) actress as his lead. >>-if you don't like it, fine. but be aware that this movie is very >successful, >> (as of two weeks ago, it became the most successful movie of all time) >> which means that there is something about that a lot of people like. > >yeah, people also like blood sausage and the spice girls continue to sell >albums. that doesn't mean they're any good or that we should be "aware." Remember, though, that the important thing is too not be influenced by the masses and to render your own opinion. I like Titanic, I don't care if the rest of the world likes it too. That doesn't influence my opinion. Spice Girls? I heard of few of their songs, and they sound kind of run-of-the-mill. Not exactly crap (I've heard much worse), but nothing too original. The point is that people like different things, and if that weren't true we'd all be boring and homogenized. Appreciate the differences and like what you like; that's an easy code to live by, don'cha think? Yours, --LVJeff ==========================_______________________________________... . . . | from LVJeff | Kerim Bey: "But I am already in your debt." | friend to Lan's tigers | James Bond: "How can a friend be in debt?" | alecson@ucla.edu | ========================== - From Russia with Love ------------------------------ Message-Id: <199804021658.LAA02154@ussenterprise.ufp.org> Date: Thu, 02 Apr 1998 10:59:20 -0600 From: Mitchell Harding Subject: Re: TMBG: Re: non-tmbg: more titanic crap >The point is that people like different things, and if that >weren't true we'd all be boring and homogenized. Appreciate the >differences and like what you like; that's an easy code to live by, don'cha >think? Appreciate our difference. Everyone should live by this code. Hmmm. Mitch "You have not lost interest in muffins, you just had 1 muffin you didn't enjoy." All your questions answered, all your problems solved: ------------------------------ Message-Id: Date: Thu, 2 Apr 98 12:06 EST From: kbrodbec@remcen.ehhs.cmich.edu (Kirsten Brodbeck) Subject: Re: TMBG: Re: non-tmbg: more titanic crap Part of the praise Cameron received was that he was >willing to use a relatively unknown (but critically acclaimed) actress as >his lead. As something of a side note, at the time of filming DiCaprio was considered something of an unknown quantity himself. This was pre-Romeo & Juliet, and other than "What's Eating Gilbert Grape" his other movies had bombed. I must say, though, that hearing him referred to as an "unknown" was amusing for my friend Angie and I - we could remember when we were in seventh grade, following his career closely through the teeny-bopper rags. That was his "Growing Pains" days. hee hee... Kirs -- ============================================================================== "I can't wear a pink shirt! Everyone at work wears a white shirt! I'm not popular enough to be different!" -Homer Simpson Kirsten Brodbeck - kbrodbec@remcen.ehhs.cmich.edu - AKA Crow ------------------------------ From: Happyfroot Message-ID: <1e4a1c03.3523e9a0@aol.com> Date: Thu, 2 Apr 1998 14:40:13 EST Subject: NON-TMBG: That T movie...& a little TMBG stuff at the end... >>why does this joke seem to keep cropping up for titanic, and not for any >>other historically based movies? I've used jokes like this for other movies too...but because Titanic is so widely popular, the jokes are heard more often & more people think of them & they catch on better....they aren't really funny, but I felt like making the comment...oh, I can ruin the ending of your life for you too: you will die!!! The point is that the ending of something isn't important, but how the ending comes about. >>i remember what it was like to fall in love...seeing 'titanic' for the first time (with >>friends) *reminded* me of how that felt. and seeing it for the second time (with >>my fiancee) *really* brought it into clear focus... (Notice in my original letter I said 3+ times...if I did otherwise, it was a typo) Anyway, after you have seen it twice who do you see it with? Plus, I get sick of people saying, "you haven't seen Titanic? that is the BEST movie! I've seen it 3...5...15 (yes, I know someone that saw it 15 times, at least they said they did, that's about $120 there) times!!!" I also like movies better in the theatre, but well, after 2 times watching a movie (if I truely want to examine the subtleties), I like to see the same scene several times over & over...if I see a movie for the third time, I might yell at the projector guy & say "hey! Rewindit! I wanna see it again!!!" Oh, & because I feel guilty about not giving this TMBG content...here IS some TMBG content: First of all, (since you people checked), I'm pretty sure laser TMBG was an April Fool....arrggg...secondly, TMBG in Worcester is looking iffy for me : ( ...but if anyone wants to see if they can find me there, I'll be wearing a dirty old brown sweater with no sleeves & either a purple Meat Puppets (No Joke) shirt or a black NIN (Further Down the Spiral) shirt....oh, if that doesn't help I got somewhat of a picture at http://www.poingly.com/live/bomb1.jpg, I'm on guitar (looking like an idiot)... asonjay "igpay atinlay" lastettergay ------------------------------ Date: Thu, 2 Apr 1998 13:03:28 -0500 Subject: TMBG: Re: non-tmbg: more titanic crap Message-ID: <19980402.132241.3198.0.yoda89@juno.com> From: yoda89@juno.com (James C Stiffey) On Thu, 02 Apr 1998 01:37:43 -0500 rachel writes: >>i believe what mr. kuemmerle was trying to point out is that >Titanic's >>massive budget will pave the way for more film like that. on >average, >>your summer blockbusters run upwards of 100 million dollars to make. >>given the fact that Titanic made back the 200+ million dollars it >cost to >>produce, studios will be more leaniant to creating more movies will >the >>same price tag. >> >hmmm, and thats a good thing why? more expensive movies are not >nessesarily >better- ahem, "clerks" Speak on!! and just rememember, the larger budgeted MallRats was a block office failure, though still funny. >>some other things: >>-young, popular celebrities have always predominated movies and will >> continue to so for years to come. > >unfortunately... Anyone see man in the iron mask, another Dicaprio movie. his supporting casts were all oscar winners, and much better then the young one that shoulda kept to the likes of basketball diaries >>-if you don't like it, fine. but be aware that this movie is very >successful, >> (as of two weeks ago, it became the most successful movie of all >time) >> which means that there is something about that a lot of people like. yeah but how many people don't like TMBG, and they keep making records and have a much more aware fan base then the blockbuster bands, ie Wallflowers, Green Day, and Nirvana. just because people pay for it doesn't make it good. on an off note, anyone see BNL on Letterman last night, sound was terrible and they didn't sing the first verse, I love the pavlov's dog line... James Stiffey --- Love is like a snowmobile ride through the north. All of a sudden it flips over, trapping you underneath......At night, the Ice Weasels come. _____________________________________________________________________ You don't need to buy Internet access to use free Internet e-mail. Get completely free e-mail from Juno at http://www.juno.com Or call Juno at (800) 654-JUNO [654-5866] ------------------------------ Message-Id: <3.0.1.32.19980402150018.0068ed90@pop.indy.net> Date: Thu, 02 Apr 1998 15:00:18 -0500 From: rachel Subject: Re: TMBG: Re: non-tmbg: more titanic crap At 10:59 AM 4/2/98 -0600, you wrote: >>The point is that people like different things, and if that >>weren't true we'd all be boring and homogenized. Appreciate the >>differences and like what you like; that's an easy code to live by, don'cha >>think? > >Appreciate our difference. >Everyone should live by this code. >Hmmm. > "hmmmmm" exzactly. but that aside, yes, i understand that people like different things- but does that mean we still can't argue and dissagree (granted others' opinions ect, are still respected)? i think this world would be pretty "boring and homogenized" if no one ever stated their beleifs (and then get beat up, ha!). but, um, anyway, yeah. lovies, rachel ------------------------------ Message-Id: <3.0.2.32.19980402211904.007c99c0@mail-in.keme.net> Date: Thu, 02 Apr 1998 21:19:04 +0100 From: Stormy Pinkness Subject: TMBG: TITANIC Anyone who is thinking about mailing to the TMBG list about Titanic.... D O N ' T ! ! ! -- COLIN ELLESLEY -- AKA: Uncle Squid, Stormy Pinkness, Triangle man, Thick Brit Editor/Partner: USM-RIP Distributor: Elite clothing and all 'round nice fella ===================================== ===================================== "My friend, deserves better than you, someone to adore, baby you're a whore. My friend says that you make him blue, but if baby you're a whore, you can come knocking at my door -- Bennet "Hot Shot" ===================================== ===================================== ------------------------------ Date: Thu, 2 Apr 1998 15:20:09 -0600 (CST) From: "Christopher M. Stangl" Subject: Re: TMBG: Re: non-tmbg: more titanic crap Message-ID: On Thu, 2 Apr 1998, J Chen wrote: > I thought this was a little out of context. Besides "Sense and > Sensibility," a film nobody saw, ! People usually see Academy Award winners. *Somebody* does, anyway. Besides, "Sense and Sensibility" did rather well in the US, grossing a respectable (especially for a period costume comedy) 42.7 million! And besides that, it helped with that sudden spurt of interest in Jane Austin that made such a stir! Your "nobody saw" statement needs some serious revision. > name me another movie you know Kate Winslet to be from. The wonderous "Heavenly Creatures", terrific Branagh "Hamlet", the charming "Sense and Sensibilty", and (ulp) "A Kid in King Arthur's Court", and the very solid "Jude" are Winslet's only big-screen credits prior to "Titanic". You want me to admit that I never heard of her before the Big Boat Movie? I *had* heard of her, and seen all her films. Sorry. > Popular celebrity? We're not talking international superstar, but she was certainly a recognized and respected actress in "Titanic". Read: Actress, not Movie Star. There's an oft-forgotten difference. > No one's even seen her movies! Suuure. > Before Titanic, Winslet starred in obscure English films like "Heavenly > Creatures" "Heavenly Creatures" is more accurately a New Zealand film than a British one. And nothing "obscure" gets nominated for Best Screenplay awards. > and "Jude." Part of the praise Cameron received was that he was willing > to use a relatively unknown (but critically acclaimed) actress as his > lead. And that excess of acclaim is why I don't think anybody should be too surprised that she was cast. Cameron thinks "Titanic" is an "art-house picture" (his words, folks!), and he knew Winslet was reputable. She *is* a good actress, not that you can especially tell from "Titanic". -Chris Stangl ------------------------------ Message-Id: <3.0.1.32.19980402140054.006ab9a4@pop.ben2.ucla.edu> Date: Thu, 02 Apr 1998 14:00:54 -0800 From: J Chen Subject: Re: NON-TMBG: Kate Winslet Chris wrote: >> I thought this was a little out of context. Besides "Sense and >> Sensibility," a film nobody saw, > > ! > People usually see Academy Award winners. *Somebody* does, anyway. >Besides, "Sense and Sensibility" did rather well in the US, grossing a >respectable (especially for a period costume comedy) 42.7 million! And >besides that, it helped with that sudden spurt of interest in Jane Austin >that made such a stir! Your "nobody saw" statement needs some serious >revision. My apologies. What I meant was that it certainly wasn't a mainstream nor blockbuster type of movie, so its audience was limited in that respect. I'm sure many people did see the movie, and erroneously and hastily used "nobody." >> name me another movie you know Kate Winslet to be from. > > The wonderous "Heavenly Creatures", terrific Branagh "Hamlet", the >charming "Sense and Sensibilty", and (ulp) "A Kid in King Arthur's Court", >and the very solid "Jude" are Winslet's only big-screen credits prior to >"Titanic". You want me to admit that I never heard of her before the Big >Boat Movie? I *had* heard of her, and seen all her films. Sorry. It's very good that you did see all her movies, but that makes you somewhat of a rare breed. I was debunking the claim that she was a popular celebrity (before Titanic) as used in such a negative, dismissive way, i.e. high-profile and always in the press, and someone who is always considered for a big part in a big movie. Tell most people to think "young, pretty" actress, and most of them would've come up with Winona Ryder, Gwyneth Paltrow, or someone in that light before coming up Winslet, if at all. Winslet deserves the big attention she is now getting, but she didn't have it before. >> Popular celebrity? > > We're not talking international superstar, but she was certainly a >recognized and respected actress in "Titanic". Read: Actress, not Movie >Star. There's an oft-forgotten difference. That's my point all along. Couldn't have said it better. >> No one's even seen her movies! > > Suuure. :-) Okay, hyperbole. I don't really mean "no one." But ask Joe Everyman if he has seen "Heavenly Creatures," and that's what I mean. >> Before Titanic, Winslet starred in obscure English films like "Heavenly >> Creatures" > > "Heavenly Creatures" is more accurately a New Zealand film than a >British one. And nothing "obscure" gets nominated for Best Screenplay >awards. Thanks for the correction. But, for the record, I had never heard of "The Sweet Hereafter" nor "The Wings Of The Dove" before the last Oscars, and I'm not the only one. Not "obscure," maybe more low-profile. My original post was written very quickly if only to respond to the claim that Titanic cast stars who were widely recognized so as to draw in a bigger audience, as so many big movies would have tried to do in order to become a "blockbuster." I was not trying to disparage Kate Winslet; it was actually more of a defense of her status. It's sad that once someone becomes super-popular, certain people become ready to dismiss that someone's acting abilities. Casting for one's looks and reconizabiility, we might say. That was not the case with Ms. Winslet, a rising actress who will only become more accomplished in the years to come. Yours, --LVJeff And Heavenly Creatures is a freaky movie! :-) ==========================_______________________________________... . . . | from LVJeff | Kerim Bey: "But I am already in your debt." | friend to Lan's tigers | James Bond: "How can a friend be in debt?" | alecson@ucla.edu | ========================== - From Russia with Love ------------------------------ From: Happyfroot Message-ID: <89ce9392.352413f2@aol.com> Date: Thu, 2 Apr 1998 17:40:48 EST Subject: TMBG: Am I the only listie even TRYING to go to Worcester??? Usually, before most concerts, people say stuff like "hey, I'm going to that one too!" In fact, when TMBG came to Worcester on 12/13 (I tried to make it to that one, but couldn't), I got quite a few EMails from people also going, am I to assume that no one is going to see TMBG in Worcester this Friday? Will I have to act as the TMBG-list ambassador for Massachusetts as well as New Hampshire for that night? That is, if my friend can convince his parents that I am a "good influence." It was kind of funny because today i had a ton of map-printouts of Worcester & Clark U, so that we could figure out where we were going & a person nearby commented on how much I seemed to prepare for this concert...maybe I'm just a little too obsessed with TMBG...no way! jason "who will spare you all the disgusting stories of what he thinks 'too obsessed' means" galstetter p.s.: if anyone REALLY wants to know how I define too obsessed, please EMail me, but I will spare the list the disgusting details of the definition ------------------------------ Message-ID: <19980402235611.9448.qmail@hotmail.com> From: "Charles Hodges" Subject: TMBG: non-tmbG: no more titanic, pleasE Date: Thu, 02 Apr 1998 15:56:09 PST exceptionally (because i have the time and opportunity) i'm writing in the middle of the weeK. unfortunately, it's to gripE. but i gotta say iT: 1) please, please, please, let the titanic sinK. let sunk boats stay undeR. everyone has their opinion and nobody's going to convince anyone elsE. yes, it's good to know other tmbg fans, but all i've learned after almost a week of talking about this VERY non-tmbg subject is that some listies liked the movie, and some didn'T. i won't even give my 2 centavos worth, 'cause i don't want to encourage anythinG. just let jack and the heart of the ocean lie down there in peacE. 2) please, please, please, give up this "is flansburgh, is not flansburgh" threaD. it's obvious by now that no-one's going to convince chris that it's not flansburgh, and chris isn't going to convince anyone that it is flansburgH. this, at least, is a bit more instructive about tmbg fans that the titanic thinG. sorrY HW (r) aka platybuS aka enjauladO aka O.T.M.B.G.A.B. aka oscar the groucH (i've had a bad day, folkS) ---------- CD listened to: none, since i'm actually writing this while my students are busy doing elsewhaT last movie seeN: enjauladO (that'll be "caged iN" to you, if it ever gets distributeD "is this the way the tigers dO?" - his name is alivE ______________________________________________________ Get Your Private, Free Email at http://www.hotmail.com ------------------------------ Message-ID: <35243182.7B9@geocities.com> Date: Thu, 02 Apr 1998 16:46:58 -0800 From: Vladimir Drakul Subject: Re: TMBG: Re: non-tmbg: more titanic crap Getting on my foot about Titanic (yes, I have a whole foot full of shit about that movie). Sure. I'll give it this much: it was a good movie. I haven't seen it yet, but given the general reaction, sure. Now, tell me this. If they had casted John Cusack as the lead hero and Susan Serandon as the lead actress, do you think every 13-year-old boot-kissing Leo worship would have gone to see the movie opening day? No. No no no no no. Think about it. I heard a story from my little sister (who has seen the movie six times) about some poor socially inept girl who had seen Titanic 16 accursed times. WHY?! It was a good movie, sure, and I saw the Fifth Element four or five times... but honestly think about this. Say you catch the matinee showing of the movie every time you see it (unlikely, but go with me). Shell out two and a half bucks for food (given you smuggle all your candy into the theatre). That's about five and a half bucks per showing at the absolute MINIMUM. Now multiply that by sixteen. What is that, about eighty-two and a half bucks total. With that much money, I could get seven CDs. Or I could buy myself a new copy box (given I sell my old one). Or perhaps a nice new upgrade for my happy little 386. Hell, I could give it to some poor kid who can't even afford a Gaia-cursed book to read or lunch money at school. Perhaps I could buy her a new box to LIVE IN. But honestly. Eighty-two point five dollars to see ONE movie. Sure, I've probably spent that much money on movies total, but not on one. Hell, I wouldn't pay that much to see The Usual Suspects (best movie of all time) sixteen times. Thank you. Now, if we could all shut up about the trendiest movie of all time (next to perhaps Star Wars, which I'll give credit to), let's get to TMBG. TMBG CONTENT: What about the new album? Is it actually planned to be released in July? Was that an interview thing? Also, who is TMBG releasing the new album under? ((the whole Titanic thing was prewritten by me, however, for my Cynics Anonymous page. Go there if you REALLY feel like bitching about something.) -- Vladimir Drakul -- http://www.geocities.com/SiliconValley/Heights/7343/ ******************************************************************* "Is everything normal now?" "And crawling on the "Well, he hasn't got planet's face... some religious mania, and he's called the Human Race. not running around in a Lost in time, and lost circle spouting Gilbert in space... and Sullivan, so I guess ...and meaning." he's normal." ------------------------------ Date: Thu, 2 Apr 1998 18:54:09 -0500 Subject: TMBG: Pittsburgh Show April 22 Message-ID: <19980402.185411.9750.0.yoda89@juno.com> From: yoda89@juno.com (James C Stiffey) There was some posts on the list about the Pittsburgh show (at AJ Palumbo ?) but no one has said anything about it as of late. Anyone going, know how much tickets are, time, or even if it defiantely is happening. Thanks --- Love is like a snowmobile ride through the north. All of a sudden it flips over, trapping you underneath......At night, the Ice Weasels come. _____________________________________________________________________ You don't need to buy Internet access to use free Internet e-mail. Get completely free e-mail from Juno at http://www.juno.com Or call Juno at (800) 654-JUNO [654-5866] ------------------------------ Message-Id: <3.0.1.32.19980402213926.0069217c@pop.indy.net> Date: Thu, 02 Apr 1998 21:39:26 -0500 From: rachel Subject: TMBG: Re: non-tmbg: more titanic crap At 04:46 PM 4/2/98 -0800, Vladimir Drakul wrote: Now, tell me this. If they had casted John Cusack as >the lead hero poo yeah! now *that* i would've payed to see 15 times! lovies, rachel (who decided to post something positive for once) ;) ------------------------------ Message-ID: <35245A15.4067149E@tdi.net> Date: Thu, 02 Apr 1998 22:40:05 -0500 From: "Jason L. Ivey" Subject: TMBG: Adrian, MI Concert Does anyone have the details on the Adrian, MI concert on the 23rd? I looked it up on the Ticket Master web site today, but they didn't have any listing for it. Is it only for Adrian college students or what? Thanks. -Jason ------------------------------ From: MatFoley99 Message-ID: <4db79c3c.35245fe7@aol.com> Date: Thu, 2 Apr 1998 23:04:52 EST Subject: TMBG: Origins of Istanbul... Okay, I'm not sure about this, but I remember hearing somewhere that Istanbul (not Constantinople) was like in a muscial or something. I have yet to research it, but I figured this was the best place to find out what I needed. I really hope it was, b/c I need something to sing at my thespian induction ceremony, and that would just make my day. If not, I'll just resort to "Wind beneath my wings" or "Good ship lollipop." Thanks for your help... Chris "Put quote here" Brannan ------------------------------ From: BenMoobil Message-ID: <982b0666.352461cb@aol.com> Date: Thu, 2 Apr 1998 23:12:57 EST Subject: Re: TMBG: Origins of Istanbul... In a message dated 4/2/98 10:13:03 PM Central Standard Time, MatFoley99@aol.com writes: << If not, I'll just resort to "Wind beneath my wings" or "Good ship lollipop." Thanks for your help... >> herea a vote for The good ship lollipop the ben ------------------------------ From: MatFoley99 Message-ID: <8f298d86.3524682e@aol.com> Date: Thu, 2 Apr 1998 23:40:12 EST Subject: Re: TMBG: Origins of Istanbul...oh yeah! Okay, Now I know what it was. It was a song back in the day, but not in a musical, oh well. Sorry to bother you all. Chris "I feel like a jackass" Brannan ------------------------------ Message-ID: <004201bd5ec0$46e841c0$8702acd1@red5> From: "AugieWan" Subject: TMBG: If you disliked Augiewan, don't read this... Date: Fri, 3 Apr 1998 00:20:24 -0500 Hello and Goodbye to all.... Four score and seven years ago, ..um, I mean I've been on this list for about a year now and in that time I've gained some friends and formed a few well, let's call them "less that friendly acquaintances" I'm full of opinions just like most of TMBG's fans. The one thing we all can agree on is that we like their music. Some of us (including me) feel that they're the best band that has ever graced vinyl, audio tape, cd, .wav, or MP3, and some of you just enjoy listening to them. That's great for all of us. I've really enjoyed reading what the rest of you have had to say weather I agreed with you or not. I thank you for introducing me to BNL, Cub, and other great bands. I've enjoyed the "off the list" e-mails from some of you and I've got quite a chuckle out of the "hate mail" from some others. It seems as though I've maybe ruffled a few feathers in the past and I would like to apologize to all of you that still harbor resentment towards me. Ryan Staib - Thanks for letting me help with the Ultimate Download Page, too bad we got shut down so soon after we started. Mike Leffel - I have a feeling your still getting this list somehow so I'll say thanks for the advise and have a good life. The list misses you. Jim K - I never could remember how to spell your last name. Thanks for being one of the few that didn't hate me for awhile there. Gentle Ben - I'm sure you still read this list too. Where have you been? We miss you, man. I'm sure we'll meet up again. Mr. Feeny - I still think your just bluffing. Or maybe you're just really young and not too bright yet. Give it some time. You're a TMBG fan, I'll give you that. Keep working on that shrine though. TDK - I love you man! You've been great. I've never actually e-mailed you personally, but I visit your sounds page religiously. Keep it up! Love the new Mono Puff sounds section. One of these days when I'm flowing with cash, I'm going to send you a big crate of blank tapes and get all your boots. :) Leo "the man" Bicknell - You the man! Thanks for letting me help with the new site. Have a good one. OMLT Goddess - I forgive you, after all, I never even sent my money in. Kirsten Brodbeck - You were the first one to respond to a post by me. You welcomed me to the list, Thank you. :) Adam Tyner - I think you were the guy that gave me the LINYC MP3's, That was a great thing you did! ...if it was you that is... All the rest of you - Some of you gave MP3's that I needed. Some of you got MP3's and wav's from me. Thanks and you're welcome. It's been a blast and I know I've said goodbye before when I was mad at the list, but I always kept the digest coming so I could keep up. This time I'm not mad, just busy. My life is so crazy right now that I just don't have time to keep up with you kids. I hope the best for you all. Somebody keep my e-mail address and let me know when new releases come up. As a final note, I will add something about Titanic. Well two things really but I will not get into my opinions of the movie itself. I think that would be dangerous. 1st of all.... In associating this message with music, I will say that the Irish band that played on the lower deck scene, is called Gaelic Storm. They are a real band and they are great! For those of you that live out west you should go see them. They play every weekend in Santa Monica. They are presently recording their first CD and if you want to know more about them just goto www.gaelicstorm.com 2ndly... If you didn't see the poster that George Lucas had made for Jim Cameron, you should check it out at www.internetcantina.com/images/lucaspic.jpg I think you'll get a kick out of it. Who knows, maybe my life will settle and I'll eventually come back to the list. Then again maybe you don't really want that. Oh well, Live life to it's fullest, and remember not to take each other too seriously. AugieWan ------------------------------ Date: Thu, 2 Apr 1998 22:36:41 -0800 (PST) From: winningh Subject: non-TMBG: Heavenly Creatures Message-ID: Speaking of which, I'm writing an academic paper on Heavenly Creatures, that is to say I haven't started it yet...and its due in less than a week...and I have work every night till then...and I'm spending all my time writing no TMBG content posts... Sarah "It" Winningham ------------------------------ End of tmbg-list Digest #5-2 ****************************