Errors-To: owner-tmbg-digest@tmbg.org Reply-To: tmbg-digest@tmbg.org Sender: owner-tmbg-digest@tmbg.org Precedence: bulk From: owner-tmbg-digest@tmbg.org To: tmbg-digest@tmbg.org Subject: tmbg-list Digest #5-25 tmbg-list Digest, Volume 5, Number 25 Monday, 27 April 1998 Today's Topics: Re: TMBG: Columbus Show + good question NON-TMBG: Soul Coughing Concert Re: TMBG: Columbus Show + good question TMBG: Hagfish cover Re: TMBG: Hagfish cover Re: TMBG: Hagfish cover Re: TMBG: Hagfish cover Re: TMBG: Real Audio Concerts??? TMBG: Re: Stuck Without A Stick in CA Re: TMBG: Real Audio Concerts??? Re: TMBG: Hagfish cover Re: TMBG: Re: Stuck Without A Stick in CA TMBG: Dr. Spock's up in mp3 TMBG: Coming Soon... TMBG: They Got Lost? Re: TMBG: They Got Lost? Re: NON-TMBG: nerf herder Re: TMBG: Hagfish cover TMBG: Re: TMBG They Got Lost? (TONS of rare .mp3s) TMBG: Delaware show Re: TMBG: Re: TMBG They Got Lost? (TONS of rare .mp3s) Re: TMBG: Delaware show Re: TMBG: Delaware show Re: TMBG: Dink, Dink Administrivia: If you wish to unsubscribe from this mailing send mail to tmbg-digest-request@tmbg.org for instructions on how to be automatically removed. --------------------------------------------------------------------- The views expressed herein are those of the individual authors. --------------------------------------------------------------------- tmbg-list is digested with Digest 3.5b (John Relph ). ---------------------------------------------------------------------- Message-Id: <3.0.1.32.19980426023312.006a7bec@130.127.28.14> Date: Sun, 26 Apr 1998 02:33:12 -0400 From: Adam Tyner Subject: Re: TMBG: Columbus Show + good question At 11:51 PM 4/25/98 -0400, Wayde wrote: >Does anyone else know of this covering to twisting? Yup, it's by Hagfish...I've heard a RealAudio file of them playing it live, and it's...decent. I'm not really into that kind of music, but it doesn't suck. :) /----=========================================================----\ http://www.awod.com/gallery/rwav/ctyner/ The home of He-Man, "Weird Al", Yoo-hoo, Killer Tomatoes, and more! Demented music list admin O- MiSTie #67,326 ------------------------------ From: Cajun Gram Message-ID: <67e0845d.354374c4@aol.com> Date: Sun, 26 Apr 1998 13:54:09 EDT Subject: NON-TMBG: Soul Coughing Concert In a message dated 98-04-25 22:07:55 EDT, you write: << Well, I found a link at someone's TMBG web-site to a TMBG Real Audio concert, or so I thought...Error 404: File Doesn't Exist...blah, blah... It makes me wonder if there is a FULL TMBG Real Audio concert out there (I've seen some for some other bands). Just wondering if anyone knows about such a site for TMBG? jason "downloading Real Audio 5.0, so he can listen to a Soul Coughing Concert" glastetter >> Not to clutter the list too much or anything, but wherer is that Real Audio Soul Coughing concert you mentioned... Graham ------------------------------ Date: Sun, 26 Apr 1998 10:15:02 -0600 Subject: Re: TMBG: Columbus Show + good question Message-ID: <19980426.101609.11198.0.TMBgirl@juno.com> From: tmbgirl@juno.com (Joda: Master of Yedi) > my friend asked what Flans thought about a group >called >"Heckfish" (don't know spelling) doing a cover of "twisting" i've never heard the song myself, but the band's name is Hagfish... they were on tour with save ferris a few months ago... .Flans only replied "we will look forward to those long >envelopes," >referring to the royalties! Witty and avoiding...pretty smart huh? yeah, but i have heard flans say in numerous interviews that covers of songs are NEVER as good as the originals... why wouldn't he think so in this case... especially if it's one of his songs... take it easy, JOrdaN http://www2.netcom.com/~arnot/joda/bootlegs.html ): ::::Nerf Herder split:::: :( _____________________________________________________________________ You don't need to buy Internet access to use free Internet e-mail. Get completely free e-mail from Juno at http://www.juno.com Or call Juno at (800) 654-JUNO [654-5866] ------------------------------ From: mjames@envy.loyola.edu (Matthew James) Message-Id: <9804261921.AA17569@envy.loyola.edu> Subject: TMBG: Hagfish cover Date: Sun, 26 Apr 1998 15:21:38 -0400 (EDT) > i've never heard the song myself, but the band's name is Hagfish... they > were on tour with save ferris a few months ago... They had a .wav of this on the Internet but I downloaded it so long ago (at least a year ago) I have no idea where it might be. It wasn't that high quality but it was pretty interesting to hear. > > .Flans only replied "we will look forward to those long > >envelopes," > >referring to the royalties! Witty and avoiding...pretty smart huh? > > yeah, but i have heard flans say in numerous interviews that covers of > songs are NEVER as good as the originals... why wouldn't he think so in > this case... especially if it's one of his songs... What does collecting royalties have to do with what Flans thinks the quality of the song is? And, of course, he was kidding about the royalties. -Matt -- Matt James mjames@greed.loyola.edu Loyola College in Baltimore, MD Bruce Campbell Gazette: www.bcgazette.com ------------------------------ Date: Sun, 26 Apr 1998 14:43:00 -0600 Subject: Re: TMBG: Hagfish cover Message-ID: <19980426.144311.11198.3.TMBgirl@juno.com> From: tmbgirl@juno.com (Joda: Master of Yedi) >What does collecting royalties have to do with what Flans thinks the >quality of the song is? And, of course, he was kidding about the >royalties. in that he avoided saying what he thought about it by joking about the royalties... at least that's how i interpreted the original posters comment "Witty and avoiding...pretty smart huh?" take it easy, JOrdaN http://www2.netcom.com/~arnot/joda/bootlegs.html ): ::::Nerf Herder Split!:::: :( _____________________________________________________________________ You don't need to buy Internet access to use free Internet e-mail. Get completely free e-mail from Juno at http://www.juno.com Or call Juno at (800) 654-JUNO [654-5866] ------------------------------ Message-ID: <35439EDE.D98F3DF9@mailhost.tcs.tulane.edu> Date: Sun, 26 Apr 1998 15:53:51 -0500 From: Professor Frink Subject: Re: TMBG: Hagfish cover Nerf Herder split??? Did they have more than one CD anyway? They were cool because they were angst ridden nerds like me. That and they dug Star Wars. Well, it's a sad day for all, I suppose. I'll have to drown my sorrows in more alcohol.....I'm majoring in Rationalizing with a minor in Responsibility Shirking. -Cornjob- Joda: Master of Yedi wrote: > >What does collecting royalties have to do with what Flans thinks the > >quality of the song is? And, of course, he was kidding about the > >royalties. > > in that he avoided saying what he thought about it by joking about the > royalties... at least that's how i interpreted the original posters > comment "Witty and avoiding...pretty smart huh?" > > take it easy, JOrdaN > http://www2.netcom.com/~arnot/joda/bootlegs.html > ): ::::Nerf Herder Split!:::: :( > > _____________________________________________________________________ > You don't need to buy Internet access to use free Internet e-mail. > Get completely free e-mail from Juno at http://www.juno.com > Or call Juno at (800) 654-JUNO [654-5866] ------------------------------ From: mjames@envy.loyola.edu (Matthew James) Message-Id: <9804262043.AA17605@envy.loyola.edu> Subject: Re: TMBG: Hagfish cover Date: Sun, 26 Apr 1998 16:43:46 -0400 (EDT) > >What does collecting royalties have to do with what Flans thinks the > >quality of the song is? And, of course, he was kidding about the > >royalties. > > in that he avoided saying what he thought about it by joking about the > royalties... at least that's how i interpreted the original posters > comment "Witty and avoiding...pretty smart huh?" > I'd assume he'd never heard the cover. Hagfish isn't exactly a well-known band, the chances of Flans actually hearing the song and having some kind of opinion are slim to none. So he just decided to make a witty and funny comment, as he is apt to do. Even if he has heard it I doubt he could care less if they put it on their CD or not, just some free promotion, if that even. Surely he wouldn't be angry that they made a cover that was worse than their own version (or, if indeed, someone made a cover that might be of higher-quality than one of their originals, if that be possible). -Matt -- Matt James mjames@greed.loyola.edu Loyola College in Baltimore, MD Bruce Campbell Gazette: www.bcgazette.com ------------------------------ Date: Sat, 25 Apr 1998 21:48:05 -0600 Subject: Re: TMBG: Real Audio Concerts??? Message-ID: <19980425.214809.14510.1.TMBgirl@juno.com> From: tmbgirl@juno.com (Joda: Master of Yedi) >Well, I found a link at someone's TMBG web-site to a TMBG Real Audio >concert, >or so I thought...Error 404: File Doesn't Exist...blah, blah... It >makes me >wonder if there is a FULL TMBG Real Audio concert out there there was a full length real audio show... i'm pretty sure it was the 11/22/96 El Rey Theater in LA, CA show... i could be totally off but i'm pretty sure that's the one... i don't think it's been available in RA format for quite some time but there are numerous bootleg traders out there with copies of it :) TDK... you should throw up some of the short shows in RA format... or some interviews... take it easy, JOrdaN http://www2.netcom.com/~arnot/joda/bootlegs.html ): ::::NERF HERDER SPLIT UP!!!:::: :( _____________________________________________________________________ You don't need to buy Internet access to use free Internet e-mail. Get completely free e-mail from Juno at http://www.juno.com Or call Juno at (800) 654-JUNO [654-5866] ------------------------------ Message-ID: <3543B677.D5038B57@pacificnet.net> Date: Sun, 26 Apr 1998 14:34:37 -0800 From: Bongo Subject: TMBG: Re: Stuck Without A Stick in CA >Bzzzt! Wrong! They played The Edge, in Palo Alto, in March of '97. But >your central point--that TMBG are overdue for a CA concert--is still valid, >although we've seen longer droughts. (It was 2 solid years between the JH >and FS concerts.) Probably at the time, I was over-confident that They would be back in So Cal soon so I let it pass. Either that or I missed the tour info. But NOW I would GLADLY drive to Palo Alto (wherever that is) to see them. >As for the stick, get Video Bootleg Vol.2. It has an early (ca. '88) tv >appearance of Lie Still, Little Bottle that not only features The Stick but >also has Flans looking like a geek. Don't miss it! Wow, I have that tape and I don't recall it but I'll watch it again. I didn't know this stick thing went back that far. Vol. 3 of the Video Boot has been sitting here next to me unopened for the last two months. (I've been so busy lately.) Anyway, if there's another on-line chat thingy with one of the Johns soon, please somebody ask them why they despise the west coast. P.S: Thanks for the water. It was delicious! -B O N G O _____________________________________________ "I dance with my feet like my tongue when I eat" -Geggy Tah ------------------------------ From: Happyfroot Message-ID: Date: Sun, 26 Apr 1998 17:27:55 EDT Subject: Re: TMBG: Real Audio Concerts??? <> Even though I'm not TDK, I would do this if I had the web space. (Well, I do have webspace, but I can not put TMBG stuff on there for several reasons.) I wonder how many geocities addresses (asuuming I can get geocities to work this time), I would need to put a 40min concert up in Real Audio online....hhmmmm.... jason "Real Audio is cool" glastetter ------------------------------ Date: Sun, 26 Apr 1998 15:29:33 -0600 (MDT) From: jim Subject: Re: TMBG: Hagfish cover Message-ID: On Sun, 26 Apr 1998, Matthew James wrote: > I'd assume he'd never heard the cover. Hagfish isn't exactly a > well-known band, the chances of Flans actually hearing the song and > having some kind of opinion are slim to none. So he just decided to Do not be so quick to judge Matt. Hagfish is a smart-ass young punk band that was just put into rotation at my radio station and is actually doing quite well for being there for just one week. Actually, "Twistin" has been played more than 5 times (that's a lot for college music rotation.) The funny thing is that when the music director played it on her show, she said that it was a cover of a band that she liked but couldn't remember who did the original. Well, she got 5 calls instantly (that's a lot for a college station) telling her it was tMBg who wrote the song. Of course she was completely embarrassed that she didn't remember that. Well, the point of my story (I do have one) is that Hagfish is capitalizing off tMBg (because it is the only good song on the album) and that people do know tMBg did the original. Oh, and I am almost completely positive that the Johns have heard it. -jim programming director of 465 watts of fun (the transmitter took a hit the other day) *+* KRUXfest 98 *+* A Three Day Musical Event Without the Spice Girls! *+* May 1-3 *+* +* NMSU Campus *+ * Las Cruces, NM * ------------------------------ Message-ID: <3543A951.1A2C20C8@mailhost.tcs.tulane.edu> Date: Sun, 26 Apr 1998 16:38:26 -0500 From: Professor Frink Subject: Re: TMBG: Re: Stuck Without A Stick in CA Okay, this bootleg stuff....how do I find out about it? I'm dastardly interested in seeing videotapes and stuff, but I'm so out of whatever loop there is that I don't know what to do about it. I'm just curious. -Cornjob- Bongo wrote: > >Bzzzt! Wrong! They played The Edge, in Palo Alto, in > March of '97. But > >your central point--that TMBG are overdue for a CA > concert--is still valid, > >although we've seen longer droughts. (It was 2 solid years > > between the JH > >and FS concerts.) > > Probably at the time, I was over-confident that They > would > be back in So Cal soon so > I let it pass. Either that or I missed the tour info. But > NOW I would GLADLY drive to Palo Alto > (wherever that is) to see them. > > >As for the stick, get Video Bootleg Vol.2. It has an early > (ca. '88) tv > >appearance of Lie Still, Little Bottle that not only > features The Stick but > >also has Flans looking like a geek. Don't miss it! > > Wow, I have that tape and I don't recall it but I'll > watch it again. I didn't know this stick thing went back > that far. Vol. 3 of the Video Boot has been sitting here > next to me unopened for the last two months. > (I've been so busy lately.) > > Anyway, if there's another on-line chat thingy with one > of the Johns soon, please somebody ask them why they despise > the west coast. > > P.S: Thanks for the water. It was delicious! > > -B O N G O > _____________________________________________ > "I dance with my feet like my tongue when I eat" > -Geggy Tah ------------------------------ Date: Sun, 26 Apr 1998 17:59:31 -0400 (EDT) From: Jish Subject: TMBG: Dr. Spock's up in mp3 Message-ID: All of the TMBG Bootleg CD, Dr. Spock's Back-up Band, is now up on my site in high quality 256kbps mp3s. The files are big, but worth it... http://tmbg.res.cmu.edu/ Special Offer Page has mp3s... Jish P.S. - The site will only be up till May 12th but I will get it up again soon after... ------------------------------ From: Happyfroot Message-ID: <6be01b98.3543ba61@aol.com> Date: Sun, 26 Apr 1998 18:51:11 EDT Subject: TMBG: Coming Soon... Ok, Ladies & Gentlemen! It is my pleasure to introduce a new feature coming to the web! LIVE IN REAL AUDIO: TMBG IN CONCERT. I am currently developing my site at http://members.xoom.com/poingly. It gives me 5MB of space, so that should hold a concert of about 40. I shall be working busily over the next couple of days to put up the concert from Mountain Stage, WV from 1992. (If a few people could bug me by sending me EMails, it would help me from not forgetting.) I hope to change the concert every month, but I only have two TMBG concerts of that length (I could probably spilt up one of the longer concerts I have, but that's still only 5 concerts....). So my second request will be from bootleggers to help me after the inital months of this project, so when next month comes around, I'll do some asking around for Real Audio files... jason "I think I may be violating the TOS" glastetter ------------------------------ Message-ID: <3543DC69.11DF@stlnet.com> Date: Sun, 26 Apr 1998 19:35:50 -0600 From: Lynne Subject: TMBG: They Got Lost? Hey guys. Just curious if anyone has a Mp3 or some kind of clip of "They Got Lost" or whatever the name is? I'm hearing you guys talk about the concerts and know of like all the songs besides that. Well, thanks. Chris chrisl@tmbg.org "She brings me a little bit closer, a little bit closer to heaven..." -The Urge ------------------------------ Message-ID: <3543DAC2.85745060@mailhost.tcs.tulane.edu> Date: Sun, 26 Apr 1998 20:09:22 -0500 From: Professor Frink Subject: Re: TMBG: They Got Lost? Yeah, if anyone has any MP3's of any of the unreleased songs, I would really appreciate them being passed my way. I'd perform shameful acts of public humiliation for them if necessary. In fact, I'd prefer to perform shameful acts of public humiliation for them. Please, someone give me an excuse to perform public acts of humiliation... -Cornjob- Lynne wrote: > Hey guys. > Just curious if anyone has a Mp3 or some kind of clip of "They Got Lost" > or whatever the name is? > I'm hearing you guys talk about the concerts and know of like all the > songs besides that. > > Well, thanks. > > Chris > chrisl@tmbg.org > "She brings me a little bit closer, a little bit closer to heaven..." > -The Urge ------------------------------ Date: Sun, 26 Apr 1998 19:42:54 -0600 Subject: Re: NON-TMBG: nerf herder Message-ID: <19980426.194709.16326.4.TMBgirl@juno.com> From: tmbgirl@juno.com (Joda: Master of Yedi) > Nerf Herder split??? Did they have more than one CD anyway? welll technically they didn't split... just that charlie left to play with his other band, the ascension... i guess they got a new bass player and another guitar player as well... and they're currently working on their second album... they've been playing random shows throughout california but won't start a real tour until after the CD is released. wow... that was crazy i was just listening to the radio and they're like that was hagfish with the anniversary song... crazy-like. take it easy, JOrdaN http://www2.netcom.com/~arnot/joda/bootlegs.html ::::The Official Gum Bubble:::: _____________________________________________________________________ You don't need to buy Internet access to use free Internet e-mail. Get completely free e-mail from Juno at http://www.juno.com Or call Juno at (800) 654-JUNO [654-5866] ------------------------------ Date: Sun, 26 Apr 1998 22:07:09 -0400 From: Wayde Subject: Re: TMBG: Hagfish cover Message-id: <3.0.2.32.19980426220709.0079c700@uoft02.utoledo.edu> >I'd assume he'd never heard the cover. he acted as if he hadn't...if that helps anyones comments -Wayde ------------------------------ From: Jaluit 31 Message-ID: <30361df0.3543ee89@aol.com> Date: Sun, 26 Apr 1998 22:33:44 EDT Subject: TMBG: Re: TMBG They Got Lost? (TONS of rare .mp3s) I do in fact have tons of unreleased TMBG mp3s and as I am connected on a LAN network and my upload time is minimal, I would be happy to send them to anyone who wants them. Email your requests to me. How about no more than five requests a person? If you guys need recommendations as to what is good and what is not, just ask. c a s e y Here is my list: ---John Linnell--- Maine Nevada Oregon Pennsylvania South Carolina Will You Love Me in December as You Do In May? ---Mono Puff--- Tryptophane Hello Hello Dedicated Mr. Hughes Says Poison Flowers What Everybody Knows ---Miscellaneous--- The Four Lads = Istanbul (Not Constantinople) Cub = New York City ---TMBG--- 25 O'Clock Cabbagetown Certain People I Could Name Don't Make Me Kill You Again Edison Museum Feel Good Sublet I Blame You In the Night Time Larger Than Life Moving to the Sun My Bloody Valentine O Tannebaum Older Rat Patrol Siftin' Stormy Pinkness Summer Breeze Swing is a Word They Got Lost (Live) Welcome to the Jungle What Am I Doing Hanging Around? (poor quality) What is Everyone Staring At? When Tornadoes Take Over The World -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=- -=-=-=-=-=-=-Jaluit31@aol.com=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=- Casey Grunnet-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=The Flying Pollock -=-=-=-=-=-Penn State University-=-=-=-=-=-=-=- -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=- "I find myself haunted by a spooky man named me; I wish I could just jump out of my skin." ----They Might Be Giants ------------------------------ Message-ID: <3544052F.516B@polbox.com> Date: Sun, 26 Apr 1998 23:10:23 -0500 From: i close my door at night Organization: http://www.geocities.com/Wellesley/1790/ Subject: TMBG: Delaware show The Delaware show was fantastic! I thought there was a realy high energy level in the room....John and John seemed to be having a pretty good time. The Stick was more beautiful than I ever dreamed. The best part was during LSLB (Linnell played his sax!) when they broke into "To All The Girls I've Loved Before"...Flans sang into the mike on the Stick, and Linnell used the input on his keyboard to make this crazy voice...It was great. They announced that there would be "17 new recordings" on STD. Sorry if that's been posted, but I haven't had time to read all the digests lately. I got to talk to Them briefly....Linnell just said hello to us (my friend Jake and I), but Flans took a little more time....we showed up really early and watched the sound check, and Flans came and asked us why we came so early. We told him the truth, which was that we thought it started a lot earlier. I felt stupid, but he didn't really seem to mind all that much. So that was the show...I'm sure someone else will post a setlist and everything... Becky P.S. The Apes won!!! --------------- [ REKLAMA / ADVERTISEMENT ] ------------------ Polbox otwiera w Warszawie siec 12 wezlow Internetowych. Wiecej informacji pod adresem http://www.polbox.pl/98info.html * -------------------------------------------------------------- ------------------------------ Message-ID: <354400BF.469534C@mailhost.tcs.tulane.edu> Date: Sun, 26 Apr 1998 22:51:28 -0500 From: "Zorak's Prodigy" Subject: Re: TMBG: Re: TMBG They Got Lost? (TONS of rare .mp3s) Wow, you are a very keen individual. I would like all of the mp3's, but seeing as how that is absurd, I'm limiting myself to only TMBG mp3's. I have no knowledge of any of the unreleased rare songs, so I'm going to ask for your recommendations. I would like O Tannenbaum and maybe Siftin' and They Got Lost, but the only definite one out of those is O Tannenbaum. Thank you mucho, and let me know if there's something I can do for you, although I'm fairly sure I don't have any TMBG stuff you don't. Either way, have a nice night. -Cornjob- Jaluit 31 wrote: > I do in fact have tons of unreleased TMBG mp3s and as I am connected on a LAN > network and my upload time is minimal, I would be happy to send them to anyone > who wants them. Email your requests to me. How about no more than five > requests a person? If you guys need recommendations as to what is good and > what is not, just ask. > > c a s e y > > Here is my list: > > ---John Linnell--- > Maine > Nevada > Oregon > Pennsylvania > South Carolina > Will You Love Me in December as You Do In May? > > ---Mono Puff--- > Tryptophane > Hello Hello > Dedicated > Mr. Hughes Says > Poison Flowers > What Everybody Knows > > ---Miscellaneous--- > The Four Lads = Istanbul (Not Constantinople) > Cub = New York City > > ---TMBG--- > 25 O'Clock > Cabbagetown > Certain People I Could Name > Don't Make Me Kill You Again > Edison Museum > Feel Good Sublet > I Blame You > In the Night Time > Larger Than Life > Moving to the Sun > My Bloody Valentine > O Tannebaum > Older > Rat Patrol > Siftin' > Stormy Pinkness > Summer Breeze > Swing is a Word > They Got Lost (Live) > Welcome to the Jungle > What Am I Doing Hanging Around? (poor quality) > What is Everyone Staring At? > When Tornadoes Take Over The World > > -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=- > -=-=-=-=-=-=-Jaluit31@aol.com=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=- > Casey Grunnet-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=The Flying Pollock > -=-=-=-=-=-Penn State University-=-=-=-=-=-=-=- > -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=- > "I find myself haunted by a spooky man named me; > I wish I could just jump out of my skin." > ----They Might Be Giants -- "I am the lone locust of the Apocalypse, think of me when you look to the night sky" -Zorak- ------------------------------ Message-Id: <3.0.1.32.19980426225046.00694fd4@pop.indy.net> Date: Sun, 26 Apr 1998 22:50:46 -0400 From: rachel Subject: Re: TMBG: Delaware show yeah! the delaware show rocked! i don't remember all the songs but no exquisite dead guy = no puppet heads. sad. it was still good though, linnell sang "the sign" (or whatever it's called) during particle man, i think, i may be wrong. and i swear that during pet name flans sang "put all your pop tarts in a bag" instead of "profits." then again, 2 tmbg shows in 1 week can really mess with your head. everyone at the show was really nice, i'm always amazed when i go to shows at there being so many tmbg fans in one place; yet i can't seem to meet a single one where i go to school. i talked to a few people up front but i don't beleive they were listies. anyone who was there probably saw me- i was the freak with the "weep day" sign (although i knew they wouldn't play it). i didn't make a bootleg (sorry) but i did, however, take a roll of photos. if any of them turn out halfway decent i'll put them up someplace. :) oh yeah, i also got honked and waved at when i was going west on 270 after the show! those bumper stickers sure do come in handy! lovies, rachel ------------------------------ Message-ID: <354405A2.3FBD129A@mailhost.tcs.tulane.edu> Date: Sun, 26 Apr 1998 23:12:18 -0500 From: "Zorak's Prodigy" Subject: Re: TMBG: Delaware show You dink. That darned green-eyed envy is telling me to hand you your entrails. Two shows in a week. C'mon, share the wealth or something...If I don't see a show within the next three years I'm going to convert to Communism. You like Weep Day? It's my favorite song. Is there a reason they don't play it, or are they just not fond of it? That song just kicks more ass than should be legally possible. I had it stuck in my head for a solid year. Course, I don't have much to think about, so it's fairly easy to let that mental train wander. Okay, g'night. -Cornjob- rachel wrote: > yeah! the delaware show rocked! i don't remember all the songs but no > exquisite dead guy = no puppet heads. sad. it was still good though, > linnell sang "the sign" (or whatever it's called) during particle man, i > think, i may be wrong. and i swear that during pet name flans sang "put all > your pop tarts in a bag" instead of "profits." then again, 2 tmbg shows in > 1 week can really mess with your head. everyone at the show was really > nice, i'm always amazed when i go to shows at there being so many tmbg fans > in one place; yet i can't seem to meet a single one where i go to school. i > talked to a few people up front but i don't beleive they were listies. > anyone who was there probably saw me- i was the freak with the "weep day" > sign (although i knew they wouldn't play it). i didn't make a bootleg > (sorry) but i did, however, take a roll of photos. if any of them turn out > halfway decent i'll put them up someplace. :) > oh yeah, i also got honked and waved at when i was going west on 270 after > the show! those bumper stickers sure do come in handy! > lovies, > rachel -- "I am the lone locust of the Apocalypse, think of me when you look to the night sky" -Zorak- ------------------------------ Message-Id: <3.0.3.32.19980426223547.006bf35c@pop.ben2.ucla.edu> Date: Sun, 26 Apr 1998 22:35:47 +0000 From: Josh Morgan Subject: Re: TMBG: Dink, Dink > You dink. That darned green-eyed envy is telling me to hand you your > entrails. Two shows in a week. C'mon, share the wealth or something...If I > don't see a show within the next three years I'm going to convert to Communism. > > You like Weep Day? It's my favorite song. Is there a reason they > don't play it, or are they just not fond of it? That song just kicks more ass > than should be legally possible. I had it stuck in my head for a solid year. > Course, I don't have much to think about, so it's fairly easy to let that > mental train wander. > Okay, g'night. > > -Cornjob- All I can say to that is "Ditto on both accounts! Go west, TMBG... soon! & Three cheers for Weep Day!" A hop, skip, and a jump away from certified insanity, Josh ------------------------------ End of tmbg-list Digest #5-25 *****************************