Errors-To: owner-tmbg-digest@tmbg.org Reply-To: tmbg-digest@tmbg.org Sender: owner-tmbg-digest@tmbg.org Precedence: bulk From: owner-tmbg-digest@tmbg.org To: tmbg-digest@tmbg.org Subject: tmbg-list Digest #5-28 tmbg-list Digest, Volume 5, Number 28 Thursday, 30 April 1998 Today's Topics: TMBG: JD Feinberg's webpage Re: TMBG: JD Feinberg's webpage TMBG: Most Beautiful People... Re: TMBG: Most Beautiful People... Re: TMBG: Most Beautiful People... Re: TMBG: Most Beautiful People... Re: TMBG: Most Beautiful People... Re: TMBG: Most Beautiful People... TMBG: Beautiful giants TMBG: Beautiful dwarves Re: TMBG: Most Beautiful People... Re: TMBG: Most Beautiful People... TMBG: they might be greek Re: TMBG: Most Beautiful People... TMBG: Help me cheat! Make Linnell #1!!! TMBG: they might be greek Re: TMBG: Help me cheat! Make Linnell #1!!! Re: TMBG: Help me cheat! Make Linnell #1!!! Re: TMBG: Most Beautiful People... Re: TMBG: JD Feinberg's webpage Re: TMBG: Most Beautiful People... Re: TMBG: Most Beautiful People... TMBG:In the ring TMBG: Who is Hank the Angry, Drunken Dwarf?! Read on... Re: TMBG: Most Beautiful People... Re: TMBG: Most Beautiful People... TMBG: one more thing about Most Beautiful Poll TMBG: they might be greek Re: TMBG: JD Feinberg's webpage NON TMBG: Julie Plug in San Francisco Re: TMBG: Most Beautiful People... Re: Non-TMBG: Who is Hank the Angry, Drunken Dwarf?! Read on... Re: TMBG: Help me cheat! Make Linnell #1!!! TMBG: I need help for a term paper on TMBG!!!!!! Re: TMBG: Most Beautiful People... Re: TMBG: Most Beautiful People... TMBG: Cookies and Linnell TMBG: Beautiful Linnell TMBG: Cookies and Linnell, and how they affect you...movie at 11 Re: TMBG: Cookies and Linnell, and how they affect you...movie at 11 TMBG: Cookie removal service Re: TMBG: Cookies and Linnell, and how they affect you...movie at 11 TMBG: Beautiful people and such. TMBG: Cookies, the removal of: An essay by I. P. Freely Re: TMBG: Cookies and Linnell, and how they affect you...movie at 11 Re: TMBG: Cookies, the removal of: An essay by I. P. Freely Re: TMBG: Cookies and Linnell, and how they affect you...movie at 11 Re: TMBG: Beautiful people and such. Re: TMBG: Beautiful people and such. Re: TMBG: Most Beautiful People... Re: TMBG: Most Beautiful People... TMBG: poll results so far TMBG: 50 Most Beautiful People TMBG: Bohager's 4/28 - Concert Review TMBG: Linnell, is anyone here good at computers? Administrivia: If you wish to unsubscribe from this mailing send mail to tmbg-digest-request@tmbg.org for instructions on how to be automatically removed. --------------------------------------------------------------------- The views expressed herein are those of the individual authors. --------------------------------------------------------------------- tmbg-list is digested with Digest 3.5b (John Relph ). ---------------------------------------------------------------------- From: NitpickR Message-ID: <52653b1d.3546d174@aol.com> Date: Wed, 29 Apr 1998 03:06:26 EDT Subject: TMBG: JD Feinberg's webpage Hello 41- This was on the newsgroup. I can't believe no one has brought it up. I think it's cool. <> Adam ------------------------------ Date: Wed, 29 Apr 1998 05:55:01 -0600 Subject: Re: TMBG: JD Feinberg's webpage Message-ID: <19980429.055516.11014.1.TMBgirl@juno.com> From: tmbgirl@juno.com (Joda: Master of Yedi) hehee... yeah, someone brought it up... but perhaps that was on IRC... Where were you kids?!?! the real audio clips rock the house... i love the one where flans tells him he got the gig :) i think we should all e-mail the q&a at the official site and ask 'em who did the cover art for O Tannenbaum... take it easy, JOrdaN http://www2.netcom.com/~arnot/joda/bootlegs.html ::::The Official Gum Bubble:::: _____________________________________________________________________ You don't need to buy Internet access to use free Internet e-mail. Get completely free e-mail from Juno at http://www.juno.com Or call Juno at (800) 654-JUNO [654-5866] ------------------------------ Message-ID: <4pFnHFO00blN0iC2o0@andrew.cmu.edu> Date: Wed, 29 Apr 1998 10:10:25 -0400 (EDT) From: Lawrence P Solomon Subject: TMBG: Most Beautiful People... as many of you know, there has been a massive campaign to vote for Hank the Angry, Drunken Dwarf as the most Beautiful Person of the year in People Online's poll... well, another "surprise" has turned up... 16. John Linnell, 127 I think with enough work, we can get him up above 10... :) Lawrence Solomon http://www.contrib.andrew.cmu.edu/~lps/ lps@andrew.cmu.edu "Everything sticks until it goes away, * This space inadvertently And the truth is we don't know anything." -TMBG * left blank. ------------------------------ Date: Wed, 29 Apr 1998 10:14:46 -0400 (EDT) From: Jish Subject: Re: TMBG: Most Beautiful People... Message-ID: YEP! Everybody go vote for John Linnell at: http://www.pathfinder.com/people/50most/1998/vote/index.html It is one vote per browser...also..capitalization counts...so do it right :) Jishy On Wed, 29 Apr 1998, Lawrence P Solomon wrote: > as many of you know, there has been a massive campaign to vote for Hank > the Angry, Drunken Dwarf as the most Beautiful Person of the year in > People Online's poll... > > well, another "surprise" has turned up... > > 16. John Linnell, 127 > > I think with enough work, we can get him up above 10... :) > > Lawrence Solomon http://www.contrib.andrew.cmu.edu/~lps/ lps@andrew.cmu.edu > "Everything sticks until it goes away, * This space inadvertently > And the truth is we don't know anything." -TMBG * left blank. > ------------------------------ Message-Id: <199804291435.KAA29657@elvis.vnet.net> From: "Could be an Illusion" Date: Wed, 29 Apr 1998 10:35:40 -0500 Subject: Re: TMBG: Most Beautiful People... -----BEGIN PGP SIGNED MESSAGE----- On Wed, 29 Apr 1998 10:14:46 -0400 (EDT), Jish wrote: >http://www.pathfinder.com/people/50most/1998/vote/index.html I think I'm gonna vote for... "Apes!" ;) Oook ooOOOook, =] Carl Hudkins + Tape list available at =--> http://users.vnet.net/chud/ [y ] [t =] "If Mom had known she was expecting, she might've gone to St. John's [h ] instead of drinking her fill with a Sudafed..." [e =] --words I heard, instead of the real ones by They Might Be Giants [r -----BEGIN PGP SIGNATURE----- Version: 2.6.2 Comment: Would you send mail without an envelope? iQCVAwUBNUc6u75BFpotHh45AQFpwQP/X36Ii53B9/R/fAeMDmkknCjn1SRrxMYo KpUDvqW/lAuT7KSJ8mJPztm9rAf7jQ8cD3VjaGMOGvacF9+LCoqV0gzb5abXWUla 3zLcg9LKa5NUtMjEz/C+dUddC4NZKs2wiC0mFGkbL1bRUt9CMtDhb1m25i1VrN6G JJP0y9RMbGw= =Zz8g -----END PGP SIGNATURE----- ------------------------------ Message-ID: <19980429153436.28379.rocketmail@web4.rocketmail.com> Date: Wed, 29 Apr 1998 08:34:36 -0700 (PDT) From: Danielle Gaither Subject: Re: TMBG: Most Beautiful People... ---Jish wrote: > > YEP! Everybody go vote for John Linnell at: > > http://www.pathfinder.com/people/50most/1998/vote/index.html Just did. Count me in as a fellow conspirator. ;) > It is one vote per browser...also..capitalization counts...so do it right > :) Yes, it's L-i-n-n-e-l-l, folks. > > as many of you know, there has been a massive campaign to vote for Hank > > the Angry, Drunken Dwarf as the most Beautiful Person of the year in > > People Online's poll... I hadn't heard of it, but OK. > > well, another "surprise" has turned up... > > > > 16. John Linnell, 127 > > > > I think with enough work, we can get him up above 10... :) At the time I cast my vote, he had moved up to #12 with 189 votes. This conspiracy thing is pretty cool. If he cracked the top 10, that would just kick so much ass. > > Lawrence Solomon http://www.contrib.andrew.cmu.edu/~lps/ Danielle, inspector over the mine === URL: http://www.geocities.com/CollegePark/1054/index.html "Well, we *could* just say that Americans are stupid, but that would be mean." --John Linnell _________________________________________________________ DO YOU YAHOO!? Get your free @yahoo.com address at http://mail.yahoo.com ------------------------------ Date: Wed, 29 Apr 1998 10:51:25 -0500 (CDT) From: "Christopher M. Stangl" Subject: Re: TMBG: Most Beautiful People... Message-ID: On Wed, 29 Apr 1998, Danielle Gaither wrote: > > Everybody go vote for John Linnell at: > > > > http://www.pathfinder.com/people/50most/1998/vote/index.html > Just did. Count me in as a fellow conspirator. ;) I too, have added my all-important vote. > > It is one vote per browser...also..capitalization counts...so do it right > > > Yes, it's L-i-n-n-e-l-l, folks. > > > > as many of you know, there has been a massive campaign to vote for Hank > > > the Angry, Drunken Dwarf as the most Beautiful Person of the year in > > > People Online's poll... > > I hadn't heard of it, but OK. I don't get it, either. > > > well, another "surprise" has turned up... > > > > > > 16. John Linnell, 127 > > > > > > I think with enough work, we can get him up above 10... :) > > At the time I cast my vote, he had moved up to #12 with 189 votes. This > conspiracy thing is pretty cool. If he cracked the top 10, that would just > kick so much ass. He's still at #12, though with 195 votes! And since punctuation/ capitalization counts, several of the entries above Linnelly Nell are variations on "Hank the Angry, Drunken Dwarf", such as "Hank the angry, drunken dwarf", and "Hank the Angry Drunken Dwarf", so Linnell is actually number nine!... which means he's in! Now we just have to keep him up there... > > > Lawrence Solomon http://www.contrib.andrew.cmu.edu/~lps/ > > Danielle, inspector over the mine -Chris Stangl, not a real doctor, but a real worm ------------------------------ Message-ID: <354777F3.8@fuse.net> Date: Wed, 29 Apr 1998 11:56:52 -0700 From: jays your one-paged dictionary Organization: dial-a-song! 718-287-6962, narrrrrrrrr! Subject: Re: TMBG: Most Beautiful People... Danielle Gaither wrote: > > ---Jish wrote: > > > > YEP! Everybody go vote for John Linnell at: > > > > http://www.pathfinder.com/people/50most/1998/vote/index.html > Just did. Count me in as a fellow conspirator. ;) > > > It is one vote per browser...also..capitalization counts...so do it right > > :) > Yes, it's L-i-n-n-e-l-l, folks. > > > > as many of you know, there has been a massive campaign to vote for Hank > > > the Angry, Drunken Dwarf as the most Beautiful Person of the year in > > > People Online's poll... > I hadn't heard of it, but OK. > > > > well, another "surprise" has turned up... > > > > > > 16. John Linnell, 127 > > > > > > I think with enough work, we can get him up above 10... :) > At the time I cast my vote, he had moved up to #12 with 189 votes. This > conspiracy thing is pretty cool. If he cracked the top 10, that would just > kick so much ass. > argh!! upon voting, i see that if 4 or 5 people hadn't mispelled hank's name, john would already be in the top ten. waah. :( love and good happiness stuff, jay -- jayhc, who has to touch the puppet head. e-mail: sirjamez@fuse.net, phonebook@tmbg.org aol im: SaturnChrd, PhoneBookJ irc: PhoneBook "and sadly the cross-eyed bear's been put to sleep behind the stairs, and his shoes are laced with irony." --tmbg "i get my exercise acting as a pallbearer to my friends who exercise." --chauncy depew -- ------------------------------ Message-ID: <000d01bd7387$336554e0$481e8a81@refund.rcn.nmt.edu> From: "Refund" Subject: TMBG: Beautiful giants Date: Wed, 29 Apr 1998 09:55:14 -0600 I have him at #14 with 200 votes, but when that Hank person is combined into one...er...voting surface, John should be #9. Signed, Nick Wolf, TMBG Ambassador to the state of New Mexico. And whoever said there's nothing new under the sun never thought much about individuals, but he's dead anyway. The Refreshments -- Down Together. P.S. Visit www.geocities.com/SunsetStrip/Amphitheatre/5550/ The first Julie Plug tribute page in HISTORY!!! :0) ------------------------------ Message-ID: <001301bd7387$71db0440$481e8a81@refund.rcn.nmt.edu> From: "Refund" Subject: TMBG: Beautiful dwarves Date: Wed, 29 Apr 1998 09:57:00 -0600 And who the hell is Hank, anyway? Signed, Nick Wolf, TMBG Ambassador to the state of New Mexico. And whoever said there's nothing new under the sun never thought much about individuals, but he's dead anyway. The Refreshments -- Down Together. P.S. Visit www.geocities.com/SunsetStrip/Amphitheatre/5550/ The first Julie Plug tribute page in HISTORY!!! :0) ------------------------------ Message-ID: <19980429162303.5115.rocketmail@send1e.yahoomail.com> Date: Wed, 29 Apr 1998 09:23:03 -0700 (PDT) From: Leanne Fraser Subject: Re: TMBG: Most Beautiful People... Hey All, I was just at the most beautiful people thing to vote (for John Linnell Of course) and he is at 16 again. So close yet so far.... Peace love and vegetables Leanne _________________________________________________________ DO YOU YAHOO!? Get your free @yahoo.com address at http://mail.yahoo.com ------------------------------ Message-ID: <19980429165237.2960.qmail@hotmail.com> From: "melissa vellela" Subject: Re: TMBG: Most Beautiful People... Date: Wed, 29 Apr 1998 09:52:37 PDT i was just on there to vote too, and its true, Linnell is back at #16! :(. too bad its only 1 vote per computer, but, luckily, im in school right now, and there are 30 computers in this room! hehehe! guess what ill be doing all period! John, ive been bad, and theyre coming after me. melissa ______________________________________________________ Get Your Private, Free Email at http://www.hotmail.com ------------------------------ From: sinister@digisys.net Message-Id: <199804291656.KAA22609@digisys.net> Date: Wed, 29 Apr 1998 10:51:20 +0000 Subject: TMBG: they might be greek hidey ho everyone! I'm writing a paper for my mythology class.....I've titled it "they might be greek". My paper will be about references to greek myths, people, writing, culture,etc. in the music of they might be giants. If you know of any references please respond. I already have: --Greek #3 --"after killing jason off and countless screaming argonauts." ---"purple toupee and gold lame" --"in the allegory of the people in the cave by the greek guy"...that's a story by plato by the way, about people chained in a cave that never see reality, it is portrayed to them by shadow puppets cast on the cave wall by firelight..... --it's a streach, but Universe man may be Chronos, god of time. Thank you all. Wade Michael Atkinson "...and the truth is we don't know anything..." ------------------------------ From: KdsInThHal Message-ID: Date: Wed, 29 Apr 1998 13:11:54 EDT Subject: Re: TMBG: Most Beautiful People... In a message dated 4/29/98 9:12:18 AM, you wrote: >as many of you know, there has been a massive campaign to vote for Hank >the Angry, Drunken Dwarf as the most Beautiful Person of the year in >People Online's poll... > >well, another "surprise" has turned up... > >16. John Linnell, 127 > >I think with enough work, we can get him up above 10... :) Woah! It says you can only vote with one browser, I have 2;) {{I already voted for Dave Foley}} Thanks! sarah linnellgirl@tmbg.org http://lava.home.ml.org <-- new tmbgish index page! ;D ------------------------------ Message-ID: <354761E0.5B5DD287@ibm.net> Date: Wed, 29 Apr 1998 13:22:41 -0400 From: Robyn Miller Subject: TMBG: Help me cheat! Make Linnell #1!!! I had this awesome idea!!! Everyone who are in college or have access to a computer lab... get on every computer you can and vote for John!!!! I'm going to the computer lab near my dorm now to try it out!!! This is gonna kick so much booty! And if I get bored within the next couple of days, I may go to more than one lab. If anyone can do the same, pleeeeeeease do so. :) -Robyn- ------------------------------ From: mjames@envy.loyola.edu (Matthew James) Message-Id: <9804291718.AA19891@envy.loyola.edu> Subject: TMBG: they might be greek Date: Wed, 29 Apr 1998 13:18:05 -0400 (EDT) > I already have: > --Greek #3 > --"after killing jason off and countless screaming argonauts." > ---"purple toupee and gold lame" How is this last one Greek related? -- Matt James mjames@greed.loyola.edu Loyola College in Baltimore, MD Bruce Campbell Gazette: www.bcgazette.com ------------------------------ Message-ID: <35476BC2.C2AABC97@mailhost.tcs.tulane.edu> Date: Wed, 29 Apr 1998 13:04:50 -0500 From: King of Wingo Subject: Re: TMBG: Help me cheat! Make Linnell #1!!! Done and Done.... I've got three computer labs....beat that schooly!!! How long do we have to vote though? I can't start until later tonight.... -Cornjob- -William Vincent Cornell, the 2nd- "Have a Navy Marine Corps Day" -Old Dominion University's Naval ROTC homepage "The optimist thinks that this is the best of all possible worlds, and the pessimist knows it." -J. Robert Oppenheimer "Your enemy is never a villain in his own eyes. Keep this in mind; it may offer a way to make him your friend. If not, you can kill him without hate - and quickly" -Excerpt from the notebooks of Lazarus Long ------------------------------ Date: Wed, 29 Apr 1998 13:28:51 -0500 (CDT) From: "Christopher M. Stangl" Subject: Re: TMBG: Help me cheat! Make Linnell #1!!! Message-ID: On Wed, 29 Apr 1998, King of Wingo wrote: > Done and Done.... > > I've got three computer labs....beat that schooly!!! Check it totally out: living in a college town, I've got access to some FIVE HUNDRED wired John Linnell voting boxes. How you like me now?! > How long do we have to vote though? I can't start until later tonight.... We have till May 8 to make John Linnell's Beauty Queen Dreams come true. Don't stop voting! -Chris Stangl ------------------------------ From: KdsInThHal Message-ID: <955e4588.35477302@aol.com> Date: Wed, 29 Apr 1998 14:35:45 EDT Subject: Re: Re: TMBG: Most Beautiful People... In a message dated 4/29/98 10:38:16 AM, you wrote: >> > >> > 16. John Linnell, 127 >> > >> > I think with enough work, we can get him up above 10... :) >At the time I cast my vote, he had moved up to #12 with 189 votes. This >conspiracy thing is pretty cool. If he cracked the top 10, that would just >kick so much ass. > I just voted on my IE, (hey, 1 per browser.. ;)) and he was: 18.John Linnell, 276 Just a second ago he got shuttled to #19. That's still excellent.:) It should prove interesting to see what the outcome is... I bet People rigs it to make DiCaprio #1... ;P I doubt they'd put that hank guy and Linnell in the mag, but if they don't.... they can get a lot of hate mail, woo hoo! :) sarah linnellgirl@tmbg.org http://lava.home.ml.org ------------------------------ Message-Id: <3.0.1.32.19980429134429.0069e250@pop.indy.net> Date: Wed, 29 Apr 1998 13:44:29 -0400 From: rachel Subject: Re: TMBG: JD Feinberg's webpage jordan wrote: >i think we should all e-mail the q&a at the official site and ask 'em who >did the cover art for O Tannenbaum... wasn't it amy sillman? meow, rachel ------------------------------ From: KdsInThHal Message-ID: <78436319.35477fcc@aol.com> Date: Wed, 29 Apr 1998 15:30:19 EDT Subject: Re: TMBG: Most Beautiful People... I was bored... So I put a plug on my page:) C'mon everyone.. you can even copy mine if you're lazy. What can it hurt? I was just bored. I'm sorry;) (Well not really sorry..) http://members.aol.com/kdsinthhal/site.html ...it also gave me an excuse to use that excellent picture.. 8) sarah ------------------------------ Message-ID: <19980429194325.21832.qmail@hotmail.com> From: "Jason F." Subject: Re: TMBG: Most Beautiful People... Date: Wed, 29 Apr 1998 12:43:24 PDT Update: John Linnell, 18 with 370 votes. Right now he trails Hanson by like 600 votes for the tenth spot. --Jason-- "Hot Cha, where are you? Everybody's eyes are closed." -They Might Be Giants ______________________________________________________ Get Your Private, Free Email at http://www.hotmail.com ------------------------------ From: gray42@juno.com Date: Wed, 29 Apr 1998 15:35:17 -0400 Subject: TMBG:In the ring Message-ID: <19980429.153625.3494.0.gray42@juno.com> Ladies and Gents: It's an all out battle between John Linnell and his band of merry Giantheads, vs. Hank the drunken Dwarf and his angry clones. Who knows how this fight will end? Who indeed will come out the victor? Be sure to tune in to the People pole on May 8th to find out. (Oooh the pictures forming in my brain are making my head spin, man this is all just like a really weird boxing match, or teamed up wrestlers, or whatever. I'm just going to turn this vision into a cartoon, and I'll be sure to update everyone when I get it on my website) I love it when I get this excited 8 ^ D Mysterio Gal (fellow Subgenius & Happy Mutant) " If there were no doorknobs nobody would be abel to open the doors. Everybody would die" --Claire (age 6) ICQ# 9585405 MST3K#88182 gray42@juno.com http://www.geocities.com/SoHo/Coffeehouse/4871 _____________________________________________________________________ You don't need to buy Internet access to use free Internet e-mail. Get completely free e-mail from Juno at http://www.juno.com Or call Juno at (800) 654-JUNO [654-5866] ------------------------------ Message-Id: <3.0.5.32.19980429155456.008068a0@email.psu.edu> Date: Wed, 29 Apr 1998 15:54:56 -0400 From: "J. L. Moquin" Subject: TMBG: Who is Hank the Angry, Drunken Dwarf?! Read on... Coincidentally, my hubby got this forwarded to him at work today... Now we know who Hank is, sorta... >> >>Forwarded from a web page: >> >>(Note: spelling counts, so include the comma) >> >> >> >>> Ok, People magazine has made the mistake of letting you vote for >> >>>anyone as a the most beautiful person of '98. Besides the regular >> >>>list of stars, there is a box at the bottom of the list where you can >> >>>enter a name that doesn't appear on the list. Well, some clever >> >>>person made up a guy named "Hank the Angry, Drunken Dwarf" >> >>>and had all his friends vote for him. His friends told their >> >>>friends, etc, etc. Now Hank is FIFTH on the list!! He is less than >> >>>200 votes behind the #4 Kate Winslet, and only about 2000 behind >> >>>Leonardo DeCraprio. With everyone's help, Leo can be knocked off. >> >>>Let's show the world what a farce beauty contests are, GO HANK!! >> >>> >> >>>http://www.pathfinder.com/people/50most/1998/vote/ >> > >> >Not the best-written forward, but the thought of Hank The Angry, Drunken >> >Dwarf as the most beautiful person of 1998 is really just too precious to >> >pass up. And I checked out the URL - this one's for real, and in fact since >> >this email was written Hank has moved into the #1 spot. >> >> A few clarifying details. >> First of all, this idea is rumored to have originated on the Howard >> Stern show. But nobody's really sure. Second, if you go to the extensive >> "beautiful people" chat boards, you will get quite a chuckle out of all the >> straight-faced and even hostile debate taking place over Hank's worthiness >> for the cover of People magazine. People has apparently stated that, >> regardless of how many votes he gets, Hank will not make the cover. That's >> good, because Hank is winning by a landslide (and various misspellings of >> his name are placing as well.) >> Claims of cheating have been made. Considering that Hank currently >> has four times as many votes as his nearest contender, the evil Leonardo >> DiCaprio, those claims may be founded. Or maybe there's just a whole lot >> of bored people out there who thought this was a funny joke. Frankly I >> don't think People will even mention the Hank thing - "dwarf" is going to >> step on a lot of PC toes. But I have to admit I felt some joy and >> solidarity adding my vote to the numerous others who think Hank the Angry, >> Drunken Dwarf is the most beautiful person of 1998. And now you too can >> add your voice. Down with beautiful people. Up with drunken dwarves. And >> may the shortest man win. -jennifer, mommy to alice the bean, 8/15/97 http://www.emprl.psu.edu/~anth/ mailto:jls5@psu.edu "Why can't you have a nice sunshine, flowers, and rainbows .sig like any normal woman?" -- Anthony Moquin ------------------------------ From: mr.train@juno.com Date: Wed, 29 Apr 1998 16:12:52 -0400 Subject: Re: TMBG: Most Beautiful People... Message-ID: <19980429.161253.11062.1.Mr.Train@juno.com> I have also cast my vote for Linnell... but, what happens if he DOES get into the top ten? Will he be in People magazine or something? Who is this Hank guy anyway? And, why does he have so many votes? It sounds like a Conan (that's Co-nen... not Co- NAN) character... Tim, topfueled, bad, and under 18 so he won't be at the TMBG show today Miscellaneous Tim AKA TMB(do)G AKA Tambo (IRC) AKA Mr.Train (OML) Favorite TMBG song update: WGAWTSwings Last CD purchase: Cherry Poppin' Daddies - Zoot Suit Riot _____________________________________________________________________ You don't need to buy Internet access to use free Internet e-mail. Get completely free e-mail from Juno at http://www.juno.com Or call Juno at (800) 654-JUNO [654-5866] ------------------------------ From: mjames@envy.loyola.edu (Matthew James) Message-Id: <9804292010.AA20017@envy.loyola.edu> Subject: Re: Re: TMBG: Most Beautiful People... Date: Wed, 29 Apr 1998 16:10:19 -0400 (EDT) > I just voted on my IE, (hey, 1 per browser.. ;)) and he was: > > 18.John Linnell, 276 > > Just a second ago he got shuttled to #19. That's still excellent.:) It should > prove interesting to see what the outcome is... I bet People rigs it to make > DiCaprio #1... ;P I doubt they'd put that hank guy and Linnell in the mag, but > if they don't.... they can get a lot of hate mail, woo hoo! :) > I seriously doubt that the pictures will show up in the magazine. I've done a very similar vote for People Online for best and worst actors of 1997 and the pictures were only put on the webpage, not in the magazine. In fact, I believe they had a similar contest in the magazine itself, but it ended up with very different, much more popular people appearing in the mag. It looks like they not only trust their magazine voting much more, but ultimately have more respect for what goes in the magazine as opposed to what's online. A lot of it might have to do with people being able to vote so many times and rigging it for someone like Hank, the Angry Dwarf. Who the hell is Hank, the Angry Dwarf??? You just wouldn't get that kind of crap in the actual magazine. Still, I'm sure a lot of people are involved in this voting and it'd be nice to see Linnell's picture in something to do with People, being the big-time magazine that it is. -Matt -- Matt James mjames@greed.loyola.edu Loyola College in Baltimore, MD Bruce Campbell Gazette: www.bcgazette.com ------------------------------ From: mjames@envy.loyola.edu (Matthew James) Message-Id: <9804292014.AA20051@envy.loyola.edu> Subject: TMBG: one more thing about Most Beautiful Poll Date: Wed, 29 Apr 1998 16:14:18 -0400 (EDT) Also, on that last poll for People Online I recall the poll administrator saying that the votes would be tabulated in about 1 weeks time, but it actually ended up taking over 1 month for them to put the results up. Let's hope they are a bit quicker with this Most Beautiful People Poll, but I wouldn't keep your hopes up. -Matt -- Matt James mjames@greed.loyola.edu Loyola College in Baltimore, MD Bruce Campbell Gazette: www.bcgazette.com ------------------------------ Date: Wed, 29 Apr 1998 15:06:21 -0600 (MDT) From: J Kuemmerle Subject: TMBG: they might be greek Message-ID: along those lines, here's an interp i posted to the list back in october. might be useful. --jim kuemmerle, who'll need a crane, who'll need a crane... j.kuemmerle@m.cc.utah.edu http://www.geocities.com/soho/gallery/4668/ (webpage closed until further notice) ---------- Forwarded message ---------- Date: Mon, 6 Oct 1997 19:41:46 -0600 (MDT) From: J Kuemmerle To: The TMBG Mailing List Cc: web@tmbg-org Subject: The Sullen Moon and Other Things hey now everybody now hey now everybody hey now everybody now... i was just thinking about the nightgown of the sullen moon, and the spiffy death interp that's been proposed here of late (pun intended) by tarnished silence and confirmed by mike leffel, and i recalled that it had been mentioned by jim lowery a while back (august, to be specific,) that artemis, the greek goddess of the moon and other things, had three personalities, one of which was the new moon, hecate, at which point she was mean and grouchy and, as jim lowery would put it, 'e-vile'. not only that, but she inhabited the underworld. (i've double-checked my info with the list archives) so, in an attempt to link these two ideas, (see where i'm going here?) i propose that the nightgown of the sullen moon is in fact about death, at which point you would, if you were an ancient greek dead guy, travel down to the underworld and maybe even meet hecate, the sullen moon. at this point you would be in the realm of darkness, which, (since hecate is the goddess of the new moon,) is what the sullen moon cloaks itself in!! if that confused anybody, let me know, and i'll try to post it again in a more coherent manner. -jim kuemmerle, who's so excited about submitting a new interp that he's going to tie his shoelaces together with care to celebrate!!! j.kuemmerle@m.cc.utah.edu http://www.geocities.com/soho/gallery/4668/ ------------------------------ Date: Wed, 29 Apr 1998 15:04:36 -0600 Subject: Re: TMBG: JD Feinberg's webpage Message-ID: <19980429.152220.4502.0.TMBgirl@juno.com> From: tmbgirl@juno.com (Joda: Master of Yedi) > >wasn't it amy sillman? that would possibly explain the amy in the star.... take it easy, JOrdaN http://www2.netcom.com/~arnot/joda/bootlegs.html ::::The Official Gum Bubble:::: _____________________________________________________________________ You don't need to buy Internet access to use free Internet e-mail. Get completely free e-mail from Juno at http://www.juno.com Or call Juno at (800) 654-JUNO [654-5866] ------------------------------ Message-ID: <000301bd73b9$817f75c0$481e8a81@refund.rcn.nmt.edu> From: "Refund" Subject: NON TMBG: Julie Plug in San Francisco Date: Wed, 29 Apr 1998 15:55:21 -0600 Sorry for the non TMBG spam, but I just wanted to inform the masses that Julie Plug will be playing the Fillmore in San Francisco on May 16th with The Donnas. Please go and see them. Signed, Nick Wolf, TMBG Ambassador to the state of New Mexico. And whoever said there's nothing new under the sun never thought much about individuals, but he's dead anyway. The Refreshments -- Down Together. P.S. Visit www.geocities.com/SunsetStrip/Amphitheatre/5550/ The first Julie Plug tribute page in HISTORY!!! :0) ------------------------------ Date: Wed, 29 Apr 1998 18:31:37 -0400 Subject: Re: TMBG: Most Beautiful People... Message-ID: <19980429.183138.3278.0.jbparke@juno.com> From: jbparke@juno.com (Jeff Parker) I just voted for Linnell and he had moved back down to #18 with 451 votes... Hank the Angry, Drunken Dwarf is enjoying a hefty lead though with over 63,000 votes, they even gave him a spot on the voting page now so that you can just click on his name instead of having to write in his name... Anyway, there is another name on the Most Beautiful list that has puzzled me... anyone know who DPK is? He or she or it has about 1200 votes and is #11... hmmmm... Keep those votes for Linnell coming!!! We will defeat DiCaprio!!! Vive la TMBG!!! That's it... v^v Jeffro v^v "Hank the Angry, Drunken Dwarf he loves you and me; He loves playing wiffel ball And chopping people into little bits with a hacksaw!!!" (sorry, that was supposed to rhyme) - from the upcoming children's show "Hank the Angry, Drunken Dwarf and his recently mutilated drinking pals" _____________________________________________________________________ You don't need to buy Internet access to use free Internet e-mail. Get completely free e-mail from Juno at http://www.juno.com Or call Juno at (800) 654-JUNO [654-5866] ------------------------------ Message-Id: <199804292231.SAA26421@elvis.vnet.net> From: "Could be an Illusion" Date: Wed, 29 Apr 1998 18:31:17 -0500 Subject: Re: Non-TMBG: Who is Hank the Angry, Drunken Dwarf?! Read on... -----BEGIN PGP SIGNED MESSAGE----- On Wed, 29 Apr 1998 15:54:56 -0400, J. L. Moquin wrote: (Well, whoever she quoted wrote... :) >>> First of all, this idea is rumored to have originated on the Howard >>> Stern show. But nobody's really sure. Second, if you go to the extensive I don't know about the idea of voting for him, but this guy is definitely a recurring character on the Howard Stern show, along with Crackhead Bob, Fred the Elephant Boy, and Vinnie the Retard. (Yes, that is what these people call =themselves!= Actually they just talk funny, and aren't really severely deformed or retarded. I've seen Elephant Boy on Howard's E! show, and he looks a little odd but he's not a pachyderm.) He is an actual dwarf, though the anger and drunkenness could just be an act. I think he lives in Boston. They use him like Letterman has used the Guy in the Bear Suit -- putting the angry dwarf in a box on the sidewalk, yelling and screaming, to see if anybody will let him out, etc. If Howard decided to urge his listening audience to go out and vote for Hank, you can bet there would be many thousands of votes cast! I haven't been listening lately (usually only turn him on when I'm driving home from work), so I don't know if this is the case. I'd laugh very, very much if he did win, though! :) What a sneeze in the face of the Beautiful People! ("The way they comb their hair...") Still interested in stuff, =] Carl Hudkins + Tape list available at =--> http://users.vnet.net/chud/ [y ] [t =] "If Mom had known she was expecting, she might've gone to St. John's [h ] instead of drinking her fill with a Sudafed..." [e =] --words I heard, instead of the real ones by They Might Be Giants [r =] Carl Hudkins + Tape list available at =--> http://users.vnet.net/chud/ [y ] [t =] "If Mom had known she was expecting, she might've gone to St. John's [h ] instead of drinking her fill with a Sudafed..." [e =] --words I heard, instead of the real ones by They Might Be Giants [r -----BEGIN PGP SIGNATURE----- Version: 2.6.2 Comment: Would you send mail without an envelope? iQCVAwUBNUeqNb5BFpotHh45AQFnowP/Vu/iafaKAnBFzXe8mpfPLhrGRwaz9c37 ZqvSFZ7SNqFAznB40ljngIjpNFhtBfdSNTM/EY7KLyk0Nzk3+DIZjB57DlW0nzqt gRf17Gt2PSnXhx2R/u/ZmQve3iSLBrNUCGN0z7cpGvWzLOwIq34OjXkJO6HEyMYP gKnLKfzXlT4= =QmTQ -----END PGP SIGNATURE----- ------------------------------ Message-Id: <1.5.4.32.19980429223155.0072d858@Cybnetonline.com> Date: Wed, 29 Apr 1998 17:31:55 -0500 From: "The Li'l Depressed Boy" Subject: Re: TMBG: Help me cheat! Make Linnell #1!!! Also it might be just a cookie, if you check your cookie file, you might find some stuff in it from there, if so just delete that part and you have unlimited voting per browser. I will of course use every computer and browser at my disposal. (Read: Alot) Next year let's do the same with Flansie! LDB At 01:22 PM 4/29/98 -0400, Robyn Miller wrote: >I had this awesome idea!!! Everyone who are in college or have access to >a computer lab... get on every computer you can and vote for John!!!! >I'm going to the computer lab near my dorm now to try it out!!! This is >gonna kick so much booty! And if I get bored within the next couple of >days, I may go to more than one lab. If anyone can do the same, >pleeeeeeease do so. :) >-Robyn- > > > -- (this site cuts the amount of URL's I put in my Sig) My Web Page Index: http://www.cybnetonline.com/users/njack/ TMBG | D.U.M.B. NEWS | Mr. Gone Font -- Contemporary Cartoon Militia is (C) & TM 1998 S. Steven Struble and Kris W. M. Struble. The Li'l Depressed Boy, Phreeck, Spyder Hunt, and all related characters (C) & TM 1998 S. Steven Struble ------------------------------ From: Hj bttrben Message-ID: <846b1047.3547ae95@aol.com> Date: Wed, 29 Apr 1998 18:49:56 EDT Subject: TMBG: I need help for a term paper on TMBG!!!!!! In my 11th grade english class today we found out that we had to do a term paper (oh no!!!). But the cool thing about it is that I am doing it on They Might Be Giants (well, sort of. He said that i have to pick a song by them and talk about there lyrics and stuff like that). Now here is where i need your help: He also said that if i can somehow get an interview with them or have them answer some questions i would most likely get an A on the paper. Does anyone know how i can somehow get in contact with them??????? If you do please help me out. Thanx, Adam Handelman ------------------------------ From: KdsInThHal Message-ID: <71df39ed.3547aed3@aol.com> Date: Wed, 29 Apr 1998 18:50:56 EDT Subject: Re: Re: TMBG: Most Beautiful People... In a message dated 4/29/98 5:28:55 PM, jbparke@juno.com wrote: > >Anyway, there is another name on the Most Beautiful list that has puzzled >me... anyone know who DPK is? He or she or it has about 1200 votes and >is #11... hmmmm... I've been wondering that myself..... do initials even count?? sarah ------------------------------ Message-Id: <1.5.4.32.19980429225027.00737128@Cybnetonline.com> Date: Wed, 29 Apr 1998 17:50:27 -0500 From: "The Li'l Depressed Boy" Subject: Re: TMBG: Most Beautiful People... I've just confirmed it. It is a cookie. I'm glad I've started using Unix I was warned by Lynx about the cookie and rejected it. For those of you that have already voted, the cookie you want to delete from your cookie file is: PFU=cc47f23d3547ae5b2019 So have at good buddies, we can beat this Dwarf. We can beat Howard Stern. Hell we can beat crackhead bob. They Might Be Beautiful, LDB -- (this site cuts the amount of URL's I put in my Sig) My Web Page Index: http://www.cybnetonline.com/users/njack/ TMBG | D.U.M.B. NEWS | Mr. Gone Font -- Contemporary Cartoon Militia is (C) & TM 1998 S. Steven Struble and Kris W. M. Struble. The Li'l Depressed Boy, Phreeck, Spyder Hunt, and all related characters (C) & TM 1998 S. Steven Struble ------------------------------ Date: Wed, 29 Apr 1998 19:35:21 -0400 (EDT) From: Jish Subject: TMBG: Cookies and Linnell Message-ID: about the voting thing, I believe if you go to the page...vote...then remove that cookie from your cookies file...and then just click back and submit a bunch of times...you can keep voting without the cookie being readded...this is working for me in linux...it should be the same for windows etc.... Jishy ------------------------------ Message-ID: <000301bd73c7$6c082080$481e8a81@refund.rcn.nmt.edu> From: "Refund" Subject: TMBG: Beautiful Linnell Date: Wed, 29 Apr 1998 17:34:57 -0600 16th place. 594 votes. Remove the cookie and you can vote again. Signed, Nick Wolf, TMBG Ambassador to the state of New Mexico. And whoever said there's nothing new under the sun never thought much about individuals, but he's dead anyway. The Refreshments -- Down Together. P.S. Visit www.geocities.com/SunsetStrip/Amphitheatre/5550/ The first Julie Plug tribute page in HISTORY!!! :0) ------------------------------ Message-ID: <000301bd73c8$22382440$481e8a81@refund.rcn.nmt.edu> From: "Refund" Subject: TMBG: Cookies and Linnell, and how they affect you...movie at 11 Date: Wed, 29 Apr 1998 17:40:03 -0600 Ok...the cookie is resubmitted to your computer every time you submit a vote. Remember to re-read the Temporary Internet Files directory or whatever and keep deleting it. Signed, Nick Wolf, TMBG Ambassador to the state of New Mexico. And whoever said there's nothing new under the sun never thought much about individuals, but he's dead anyway. The Refreshments -- Down Together. P.S. Visit www.geocities.com/SunsetStrip/Amphitheatre/5550/ The first Julie Plug tribute page in HISTORY!!! :0) ------------------------------ From: MatFoley99 Message-ID: <6c66eb1a.3547bc53@aol.com> Date: Wed, 29 Apr 1998 19:48:34 EDT Subject: Re: TMBG: Cookies and Linnell, and how they affect you...movie at 11 Please help me quick! I wanna help with the Linnell multi-voting, but I don't know how to remove the "cookie." So, if I could get kinda like an explanation, that'd be great. Chris ------------------------------ Message-Id: <3.0.5.32.19980429195500.007ccbd0@email.psu.edu> Date: Wed, 29 Apr 1998 19:55:00 -0400 From: "J. L. Moquin" Subject: TMBG: Cookie removal service Are we *sure* that removing the cookies from the regular old cookies file will make our votes count twice? I've heard tell of programs that put cookies in other, sneakier places... I tried voting again without touching my cookies file and it let me, so who knows if it's flagging those votes as bad and removing them later? I hope this is clear -- baby is pissed off right now. ;) -jennifer, mommy to alice the bean, 8/15/97 http://www.emprl.psu.edu/~anth/ mailto:jls5@psu.edu "Why can't you have a nice sunshine, flowers, and rainbows .sig like any normal woman?" -- Anthony Moquin ------------------------------ Message-ID: <3547BE39.3079240C@mailhost.tcs.tulane.edu> Date: Wed, 29 Apr 1998 18:56:42 -0500 From: King of Wingo Subject: Re: TMBG: Cookies and Linnell, and how they affect you...movie at 11 ditto MatFoley99 wrote: > Please help me quick! > I wanna help with the Linnell multi-voting, but I don't know how to remove the > "cookie." So, if I could get kinda like an explanation, that'd be great. > > Chris -- -William Vincent Cornell, the 2nd- "Have a Navy Marine Corps Day" -Old Dominion University's Naval ROTC homepage "The optimist thinks that this is the best of all possible worlds, and the pessimist knows it." -J. Robert Oppenheimer "Your enemy is never a villain in his own eyes. Keep this in mind; it may offer a way to make him your friend. If not, you can kill him without hate - and quickly" -Excerpt from the notebooks of Lazarus Long ------------------------------ Message-ID: <000301bd73ca$6af3ea00$481e8a81@refund.rcn.nmt.edu> From: "Refund" Subject: TMBG: Beautiful people and such. Date: Wed, 29 Apr 1998 17:56:24 -0600 15th place. I was the 666th vote! Signed, Nick Wolf, TMBG Ambassador to the state of New Mexico. And whoever said there's nothing new under the sun never thought much about individuals, but he's dead anyway. The Refreshments -- Down Together. P.S. Visit www.geocities.com/SunsetStrip/Amphitheatre/5550/ The first Julie Plug tribute page in HISTORY!!! :0) ------------------------------ Message-ID: <000d01bd73ca$faf09220$481e8a81@refund.rcn.nmt.edu> From: "Refund" Subject: TMBG: Cookies, the removal of: An essay by I. P. Freely Date: Wed, 29 Apr 1998 18:00:26 -0600 Ok...first of all, if you have Microsoft Internet Explorer, your cookies are held in c:\WINDOWS\Temporary Internet Files The cookie in question, again, if you have MIE, is called Cookie:@pathfinder.com Mine says Cookie:refund@pathfinder.com for example Delete that file before you vote each time, and you should be alright. I don't know where Netscrape keeps its cookies, so I can't help you with that. Signed, Nick Wolf, TMBG Ambassador to the state of New Mexico. And whoever said there's nothing new under the sun never thought much about individuals, but he's dead anyway. The Refreshments -- Down Together. P.S. Visit www.geocities.com/SunsetStrip/Amphitheatre/5550/ The first Julie Plug tribute page in HISTORY!!! :0) ------------------------------ From: MatFoley99 Message-ID: Date: Wed, 29 Apr 1998 20:02:39 EDT Subject: Re: TMBG: Cookies and Linnell, and how they affect you...movie at 11 Well, since I can't vote more than once without taking away votes from Linnell, I'm gonna start voting now for Hanson and others ahead of him, and take away their votes. If you can't vote for Linnell again, take the others down! ------------------------------ From: KdsInThHal Message-ID: <139e0e8d.3547c208@aol.com> Date: Wed, 29 Apr 1998 20:12:55 EDT Subject: Re: TMBG: Cookies, the removal of: An essay by I. P. Freely Okay, well I'm not even gonna bother with the cookie removal (or ..eating my cookies..LOL ehhh..) But I know that on my IE's preferences, there's a choice that says "accept cookies".. Would deselecting that (as I have) mean that you don't have to remove the cookie each time? cookies and Linnell.. cookies and Linnell... Linnell shaped cookies.. mmm.. yum!:) sarah linnellgirl@tmbg.org http://lava.home.ml.org ------------------------------ From: KdsInThHal Message-ID: Date: Wed, 29 Apr 1998 20:14:11 EDT Subject: Re: Re: TMBG: Cookies and Linnell, and how they affect you...movie at 11 In a message dated 4/29/98 7:03:51 PM, you wrote: >Well, since I can't vote more than once without taking away votes from >Linnell, I'm gonna start voting now for Hanson and others ahead of him, and >take away their votes. If you can't vote for Linnell again, take the others >down! I don't believe that takes votes away.. if anything it just deletes *your* votes. Or keeps your votes... :P Don't. sarah ------------------------------ Message-Id: <199804300053.UAA17428@elvis.vnet.net> From: "Could be an Illusion" Date: Wed, 29 Apr 1998 20:53:52 -0500 Subject: Re: TMBG: Beautiful people and such. -----BEGIN PGP SIGNED MESSAGE----- On Wed, 29 Apr 1998 17:56:24 -0600, Refund wrote: >15th place. I was the 666th vote! Hm, odd... my latest refresh shows John Linnell at #19, with 251. Have they been adjusting out the dupe votes already? I also thought Hank had like 60,000 votes but the page only shows 49,381. Maybe those People people are on the ball after all. =] Carl Hudkins + Tape list available at =--> http://users.vnet.net/chud/ [y ] [t =] "If Mom had known she was expecting, she might've gone to St. John's [h ] instead of drinking her fill with a Sudafed..." [e =] --words I heard, instead of the real ones by They Might Be Giants [r -----BEGIN PGP SIGNATURE----- Version: 2.6.2 Comment: Would you send mail without an envelope? iQCVAwUBNUfLn75BFpotHh45AQFLQwP/Tm6lxsPUrh+s07bK47JpSRwyqVdTU8Zm +D9eyBLVLrGYU5c++cjzN4dnH1FA1PVqPxE41IrK/8C8z8eQcyRjmD/O40NxD84E rOJQ1uFM393GSHQQO+Umrf95Uxvo7yeG6plBiF+0pZLszFY59d6R3helZoilQSO2 OJSO84j+LC0= =b5dh -----END PGP SIGNATURE----- ------------------------------ From: KdsInThHal Message-ID: <16148323.3547ccb1@aol.com> Date: Wed, 29 Apr 1998 20:58:24 EDT Subject: Re: Re: TMBG: Beautiful people and such. In a message dated 4/29/98 7:54:57 PM, chud@vnet.net wrote: > Hm, odd... my latest refresh shows John Linnell at #19, with 251. > >Have they been adjusting out the dupe votes already? I also thought Hank had > >like 60,000 votes but the page only shows 49,381. weird, mine does too... I think I have to empty my caches or something. Even when I hit reload or refresh, it doesn't do anything.. >:| sarah ((now playing~ Yo La Tengo's I Can Hear the Heart Beating as One)) ------------------------------ Message-Id: <1.5.4.32.19980430005912.0069e220@Cybnetonline.com> Date: Wed, 29 Apr 1998 19:59:12 -0500 From: "The Li'l Depressed Boy" Subject: Re: TMBG: Most Beautiful People... (ALSO JISH, if you know anything about Unix Scripting, please E-Mail me.) Your Cookie file in Netscape should be located with your program. So usually something like C:\Program Files\Netscape\Navigator\cookie.txt You could always do the find file for it. That's what I did. Remove anything about .pathfinder.com LDB -- (this site cuts the amount of URL's I put in my Sig) My Web Page Index: http://www.cybnetonline.com/users/njack/ TMBG | D.U.M.B. NEWS | Mr. Gone Font -- Contemporary Cartoon Militia is (C) & TM 1998 S. Steven Struble and Kris W. M. Struble. The Li'l Depressed Boy, Phreeck, Spyder Hunt, and all related characters (C) & TM 1998 S. Steven Struble ------------------------------ Message-ID: <3547D059.61E83BC8@mailhost.tcs.tulane.edu> Date: Wed, 29 Apr 1998 20:14:01 -0500 From: King of Wingo Subject: Re: TMBG: Most Beautiful People... Nope, not working. I searched for file with .pathfinder.com.... nothing. I can't find any Netscape cookie file. There's a cookie file in my windows folder, but there's nothing resembling the cookie described in previous messages. I'm using Netscape communicator, I don't know if that makes a difference. I've also got Internet Explorer on my computer, but never use it. Someone please help. If there is no way for me to kill this cookie I'm going to the computer labs on campus and voting from each computer, but this would be sooooooo much easier. -Cornjob- The Li'l Depressed Boy wrote: > (ALSO JISH, if you know anything about Unix Scripting, please E-Mail me.) > > Your Cookie file in Netscape should be located with your program. So > usually something like C:\Program Files\Netscape\Navigator\cookie.txt > > You could always do the find file for it. That's what I did. > > Remove anything about .pathfinder.com > > LDB > -- > (this site cuts the amount of URL's I put in my Sig) > My Web Page Index: > http://www.cybnetonline.com/users/njack/ > TMBG | D.U.M.B. NEWS | Mr. Gone Font > -- > Contemporary Cartoon Militia is (C) & TM 1998 S. Steven Struble and Kris W. > M. Struble. > The Li'l Depressed Boy, Phreeck, Spyder Hunt, and all related characters (C) > & TM 1998 S. Steven Struble -- -William Vincent Cornell, the 2nd- "Have a Navy Marine Corps Day" -Old Dominion University's Naval ROTC homepage "The optimist thinks that this is the best of all possible worlds, and the pessimist knows it." -J. Robert Oppenheimer "Your enemy is never a villain in his own eyes. Keep this in mind; it may offer a way to make him your friend. If not, you can kill him without hate - and quickly" -Excerpt from the notebooks of Lazarus Long ------------------------------ From: EmmyMik Message-ID: <67e7ef16.3547d9f1@aol.com> Date: Wed, 29 Apr 1998 21:54:56 EDT Subject: TMBG: poll results so far Here are the latest results: 1.Hank the Angry, Drunken Dwarf, 49381 votes 2.Leonardo DiCaprio, 5428 votes 3.Faye Wong, 3661 votes 4.Gillian Anderson, 3650 votes 5.Madonna, 3366 6.Michelle Kwan, 3309 7.Kate Winslet, 3056 8.Hudson Leick, Callisto, 2200 9.Hanson, 1794 10.Garett Maggart, 1361 11.Roy Dupuis, 973 12.Roger Howarth, 835 13.Hank the Angry, Drunken Dwarf , 503 14.Hank the angry, drunken dwarf, 405 15.Hank the Angry Drunken Dwarf, 352 16.Hank, the Angry, Drunken Dwarf, 326 17.DPK, 276 18.Lucy Lawless, 260 19.John Linnell, 251 20.hank the angry, drunken dwarf, 23 We have a long way to go if we want to overthrow Garett Maggart (who is this person?) if we want to get Linnell into the top 10... ------------------------------ From: Happyfroot Message-ID: <205aba61.3547de3d@aol.com> Date: Wed, 29 Apr 1998 22:13:15 EDT Subject: TMBG: 50 Most Beautiful People Here's the current list of People's 50 Most Beautiful People: 1.Hank the Angry, Drunken Dwarf, 77569 votes 2.Leonardo DiCaprio, 6631 votes 3.Gillian Anderson, 4239 votes 4.Faye Wong, 3917 votes 5.Madonna, 3670 6.Michelle Kwan, 3617 7.Kate Winslet, 3457 8.DPK, 2241 9.Hudson Leick, Callisto, 2205 10.Hanson, 2144 11.Garett Maggart, 1570 12.Roy Dupuis, 1012 13.Hank the Angry, Drunken Dwarf , 989 14.Roger Howarth, 891 15.John Linnell, 863 16.Hank the angry, drunken dwarf, 611 17.Hank the Angry Drunken Dwarf, 568 18.Hank, the Angry, Drunken Dwarf, 562 19.Sarah Michelle Gellar, 558 20.Lucy Lawless, 554 Linnell is number 15! Not bad for a write-in vote!!! We can help him get higher, though! Come on people! Go here: http://www.pathfinder.com/People/50most/1998/vote/index.html Vote for: John Linnell ok, nuff said... jason "Linnell will win" glastetter ------------------------------ Message-ID: <3547E3F5.36E3@asan.com> Date: Wed, 29 Apr 1998 22:37:41 -0400 From: "Robert J. Plass" Organization: Schick Technologies, Inc. - The Leader in Digital Radiography Subject: TMBG: Bohager's 4/28 - Concert Review Hello exquisite living people, Bohager's Concert was cool, but I'm way too tired for a full review, so here are the highlights: Bohager's is a relatively scuzzy dive in Baltimore, in a part of town known as Fell's Point, which has a bunch of scuzzy stuff. Tix were $20! Ack. Anyway, the place holds about 500 people or so, a nice mid-sized arena. They have a surprisingly excellent bar menu, and we ate delicious burgers during Lincoln's set. I had a blackened Cajun burger with pepperjack cheese. Very spicy, very tasty. Anyway, it was the usual set, but there were some interesting things: - "Sapphire Bullets" (first time I ever heard it live! cool!) - "Maryland" (the Linnell State Song), which he messed up the lyrics a little, but I was there with Matt James of the Maryland Colony, and he was real happy to hear his state song! - "Georgie Girl" as a stand-alone song during the encore. - Ev-ery bo-dy con-GA! I'm not fuck-ing kid-DING! Peo-ple in the front ROW! I'm not fuck-ing kid-DING! - The voCorder on "All the Girls I've loved before"- cool. - During "Battle for the Planet of the Apes," instead of chanting, "People!" and "Apes!", we chanted, "Towson!" and "Dundalk!", which are two VERY different parts of Baltimore; you kind of have to know Maryland to get the joke. I used to live there, so I was in on it...it was nice that they tailored the concert to the setting, doing the Towson/Dundalk thing and singing the Maryland State Song! Overall, an EXCELLENT concert! One post-script: We waited around for like an hour after the show, hoping to find John and John, but to no avail. So, we gave up, I left and drove around the block just once to see if maybe... And sure enough, I saw some fans snapping pictures of a car driving right outside Bohager's. So, I did this drunken sweeping U-turn at about 50 MPH and floored it. At the next light, there was Hal in the back seat, some guy driving I didn't recognize, and John in the front seat! So I honked and he waved and I rolled down my window and yelled, "Hey John! Thanks for a great show!" and meanwhile you could barely hear me because I was blasting "Nothin's Gonna Change My Clothes" at 1000dB! -- Rob P. ------------------------------ Message-ID: <19980430031445.18584.qmail@hotmail.com> From: "melissa vellela" Subject: TMBG: Linnell, is anyone here good at computers? Date: Wed, 29 Apr 1998 20:14:44 PDT if anybody here can figure out how, a very cool and easy way to get John to the top would be to build a macro that earses the cookie then votes for John. dont ask me how to, but i'm pretty sure it can be done, and if anyone did it, they could just put it on a loop and leave thier computer on all night, then when we wake up, John would be #1! yippie! hurrah for cheating! run a carbon black test on my jaw, and you will find, it's all been said before melissa ______________________________________________________ Get Your Private, Free Email at http://www.hotmail.com ------------------------------ End of tmbg-list Digest #5-28 *****************************