Errors-To: owner-tmbg-digest@tmbg.org Reply-To: tmbg-digest@tmbg.org Sender: owner-tmbg-digest@tmbg.org Precedence: bulk From: owner-tmbg-digest@tmbg.org To: tmbg-digest@tmbg.org Subject: tmbg-list Digest #5-6 tmbg-list Digest, Volume 5, Number 6 Wednesday, 8 April 1998 Today's Topics: Re: TMBG: Sweeper TMBG: LINKS Re: TMBG: Campus TMBG Sightings Re: TMBG: Campus TMBG Sightings Re: TMBG: Campus TMBG Sightings Re: TMBG: Campus TMBG Sightings Re: TMBG: Campus TMBG Sightings TMBG: Annoying little story Re: TMBG: Campus TMBG Sightings Re: TMBG: Annoying little story TMBG: Catholic University Ticket Info Re: TMBG: Annoying little story Re: TMBG: Annoying little story nonTMBG: weird al Re: nonTMBG: weird al TMBG: Weird Al?! Re: TMBG: Weird Al?! Re: TMBG: Weird Al?! Re: TMBG: Weird Al?! TMBG: weird al AND TMBG STUFF TOO!! TMBG: John Spotting!! Re: nonTMBG: weird al Re: nonTMBG: wilburies Re: TMBG: Weird Al?! Re: nonTMBG: wilburies TMBG: First Attempt at Psuedo-tMBg Lyrics Administrivia: If you wish to unsubscribe from this mailing send mail to tmbg-digest-request@tmbg.org for instructions on how to be automatically removed. --------------------------------------------------------------------- The views expressed herein are those of the individual authors. --------------------------------------------------------------------- tmbg-list is digested with Digest 3.5b (John Relph ). ---------------------------------------------------------------------- Message-Id: <199804070617.CAA01630@ussenterprise.ufp.org> Date: Tue, 07 Apr 1998 01:17:11 -0500 From: Mitchell Harding Subject: Re: TMBG: Sweeper At 09:53 PM 4/6/98 -0600, you wrote: > >On Mon, 6 Apr 1998 22:18:55 -0400 mr.train@juno.com writes: >>My local alterna-rock station just played this cool Sweeper before >>playing Snail Shell (I didn't even have to request it!) it went >>John F: Hi, this is car crash >>John L: and (onoponipea[sp?]) neeeeeeewr-pkchew of They Might Be >>Giants >>F: and your listening to 96X >>and then some voice (I know it wasn't on of the Johns) said: "You >>Mother f(bleep)ker" > >I have a feeling that he said "onomatopoeia" (on-o-mono-P-uh) which is a >word that mimics its meaning in their sound (ex. boom, click, pop) which >would make sense since then he did the whole car crash routine... I think this guy knew that. He put onomatopoeia in parenthesis and indicated that he didn't know the spelling, showing that Linnell was making a car crash noise if his phonetic translation didn't convey they... Although it's really not important. Harf, Mitch "I had a linguistics professor who said that it's man's ability to use language that makes him the dominant species on the planet. That may be. But I think there's one other thing that separates us from animals. We aren't afraid of vaccuum cleaners." Support the Harf Project: All your questions answered, all your problems solved: ------------------------------ Message-Id: <3.0.2.32.19980407164617.007da1a0@mail-in.keme.net> Date: Tue, 07 Apr 1998 16:46:17 +0100 From: Captain Smoothy Subject: TMBG: LINKS Hello fellow Giant heads, Thanks all for the responce to my new page. How many of you out there in the big old world have TMBG sites? If you do and you want to be added to my links bit then mail me with the URL and general info (what you offer etc). Also I am interested to know about these TMBG rings and what they are... Any and all help greatly recieved -- COLIN ELLESLEY -- AKA: Uncle Squid, Stormy Pinkness, Triangle man, Thick Brit Editor/Partner: USM-RIP Distributor: Elite clothing and all 'round nice fella Home Page: Http://www.keme.co.uk/~thelimes/ TMBG fan page: Http://members.xoom.com/uncle_squid/xoom/ ===================================== ===================================== "The North and the South are divided no more, so you and I can be equilly poor, and all the things I love you for, won't pay for food and gas, and flattery will get you nowhere fast" - carter usm "Nowhere Fast" ===================================== ===================================== ------------------------------ Message-Id: Date: Tue, 7 Apr 1998 10:57:38 -0500 From: bongert Subject: Re: TMBG: Campus TMBG Sightings >When you're following an angel > >Does it mean you have to > >Throw your body > >Off a building? > >I thought it was pretty cool that someone just randomly chalked a TMBG >quote upon the sidewalk for no apparent reason. Now I know there's at least >one other sane person at this school. > >Jeff At a local sub shop, the owners seem to have encouraged people to write random things on the walls. One in particular goes like this: "I don't want the world, I just want your half," she said as her shoes were laced with irony. Or something like that (I know the real thing sounded better). I haven't been there in a few months, so my brain is kinda rusty. But it was a nifty combination of two of my favorite TMBG bits. Dan Bongert | Hire the Morally Handicapped--It's More Fun! dbongert@students.wisc.edu | National Institute for the Morally Handicapped herkimer@upl.cs.wisc.edu | http://www.upl.cs.wisc.edu/~herkimer ------------------------------ Message-Id: <3.0.5.32.19980407163520.0081ac20@pop.cwru.edu> Date: Tue, 07 Apr 1998 16:35:20 -0400 From: Jeff Roberts Subject: Re: TMBG: Campus TMBG Sightings Today as I was wondering to class a different way I saw the lyrics to S-E-X-X-Y on the sidewalk. I think we need to have a worldwide campus chalking campaign organized here. Jeff "Now that's all I can think of, but I'm sure there's something else, Way down inside me I can feel it coming back." -They Might Be Giants Jeff Roberts President of Foolish Mortal Enterprises http://schlock.home.ml.org ------------------------------ Message-Id: <3.0.3.32.19980407165901.008079a0@mail.csrlink.net> Date: Tue, 07 Apr 1998 16:59:01 -0400 From: Dylan Flipse Subject: Re: TMBG: Campus TMBG Sightings At 01:34 PM 4/6/98 -0400, you wrote: >I thought it was pretty cool that someone just randomly chalked a TMBG >quote upon the sidewalk for no apparent reason. Now I know there's at least >one other sane person at this school. > Right. Like you're sane. As for REAL content I have talked to Jeff about making a TMBG WinAmp skin. I think this would be rather neato. If you use WinAmp 1.8 or later and don't know what skins are (I didn't till just a few days ago.) check out http://www.layer3.org/software/winampmangled.html when it starts responding again. The music section goes Spice Girls, Spice Girls, Hanson, Something Else, Spice Girls, Hanson, Spice Girls, Something Else, etc. No TMBG skins =( There is a very decent HHGTTG Skin. It's all black. The light just, falls into it. Dylan "Hooked on Hitchhikers, Call 1-800-MLEFFEL" Dylan Flipse...one of them. - dflipse@csrlink.net Dylan's page is at http://www.geocities.com/Athens/9909/ for now. I'll never see myself in the mirror with my eyes closed -They Might Be Giants, the coolest thing this side of Zaphod Beeblebrox. ------------------------------ Message-Id: <3.0.5.32.19980407173042.0083a960@pop.cwru.edu> Date: Tue, 07 Apr 1998 17:30:42 -0400 From: Jeff Roberts Subject: Re: TMBG: Campus TMBG Sightings >Dylan "Hooked on Hitchhikers, Call 1-800-MLEFFEL" Well I tried, but it'd be nice if the person on the other end of the line would pick up. Jeff "Now that's all I can think of, but I'm sure there's something else, Way down inside me I can feel it coming back." -They Might Be Giants Jeff Roberts President of Foolish Mortal Enterprises http://schlock.home.ml.org ------------------------------ Message-ID: <352AA070.D62@geocities.com> Date: Tue, 07 Apr 1998 14:53:52 -0700 From: Vladimir Drakul Subject: Re: TMBG: Campus TMBG Sightings Jeff Roberts wrote: > > >Dylan "Hooked on Hitchhikers, Call 1-800-MLEFFEL" > > Well I tried, but it'd be nice if the person on the other end of the line > would pick up. Hey, don't forget the official Mike Leffel Fan Club at 1-800-4-LEFFEL! (law firm) -- Vladimir Drakul -- http://www.geocities.com/SiliconValley/Heights/7343/ ******************************************************************* "Is everything normal now?" "And crawling on the "Well, he hasn't got planet's face... some religious mania, and he's called the Human Race. not running around in a Lost in time, and lost circle spouting Gilbert in space... and Sullivan, so I guess ...and meaning." he's normal." ------------------------------ Message-ID: <19980407223457.23385.qmail@hotmail.com> From: "Jason F." Subject: TMBG: Annoying little story Date: Tue, 07 Apr 1998 15:34:54 PDT I'm sorry to have a story like this, but here goes. I was wearing a Weird Al shirt at the local music store when I started talking to some guy about Al and his most recent trip to Pittsburgh. Out of nowhere the guy says something like "Yeah, I really like 'Everything You Know Is Wrong' because I can't stand They Might Be Giants. Well, at that point I ended the conversation (obviously). My question is, what was that supposed to mean? I realize the song sounds rather Giantish but I don't think it's supposed to be an insult ot anything. Any thoughts? --Jason-- "Hot Cha, where are you? Everybody's eyes are closed." -They Might Be Giants ______________________________________________________ Get Your Private, Free Email at http://www.hotmail.com ------------------------------ Message-Id: <3.0.5.32.19980407184829.00856420@pop.cwru.edu> Date: Tue, 07 Apr 1998 18:48:29 -0400 From: Jeff Roberts Subject: Re: TMBG: Campus TMBG Sightings At 04:14 PM 4/7/98 -0600, you wrote: >where do you go? are TMBG coming to your school or city any time in the >near future? my friend, i think it's time you buy some chalk and inform >this unidentified "chalker" of your prescence... > >if i were you i'd write "turn around, turn around. There's a thing there >that can be found. Turn around, turn around. It's a human skull on the >ground"... >then somehow paste a large picture of the THEY skull on a tree or >something behind where you wrote it... or at least draw a pic of the THEY >skull somewhere in the general vicintiy... >but then again i'm a freek... :) I go to Case Western Reserve University in Cleveland. There's no chance in hell that we'd get TMBG here, it took almost 2 years of whining to get the programming board to consider bringing in Moxy Fruvous. I think we should all pick a day and everyone on the list should chalk or hang signs up at their school with cryptic TMBG lyrics. Jeff "Now that's all I can think of, but I'm sure there's something else, Way down inside me I can feel it coming back." -They Might Be Giants Jeff Roberts President of Foolish Mortal Enterprises http://schlock.home.ml.org ------------------------------ Message-Id: <3.0.3.32.19980407184850.006a4840@mail.clemson.edu> Date: Tue, 07 Apr 1998 18:48:50 -0400 From: Adam Tyner Subject: Re: TMBG: Annoying little story Al wrote that song as a tribute to TMBG, just like Dare To Be Stupid was a tribute to Devo, Dog Eat Dog was a tribute to the Talking Heads, Mr. Popeil was a tribute to the B-52's, etc.... Al's a tremendously huge TMBG fan, and has slipped references to the media on occassion. One example is a Tower Records (I think?) poster with different artists saying what they want for Christmas...Al's wish - a shoehorn with teeth. -Adam At 03:34 PM 4/7/98 PDT, Jason F. wrote: >I'm sorry to have a story like this, but here goes. I was wearing a >Weird Al shirt at the local music store when I started talking to some >guy about Al and his most recent trip to Pittsburgh. Out of nowhere the >guy says something like "Yeah, I really like 'Everything You Know Is >Wrong' because I can't stand They Might Be Giants. Well, at that point I >ended the conversation (obviously). My question is, what was that >supposed to mean? I realize the song sounds rather Giantish but I don't >think it's supposed to be an insult ot anything. Any thoughts? ------------------------------ From: NitpickR Message-ID: <7810f1ee.352aad8f@aol.com> Date: Tue, 7 Apr 1998 18:49:49 EDT Subject: TMBG: Catholic University Ticket Info Hello 41- I called Catholic U, and got switched around, but I now have the right number for tickets... It is... 202-319-5777. They will hold tickets for you at the door. No credit card ordering, no TicketBastard. 8^) I did this one... Now if someone could call Seton Hall and get the scoop, it'd be very appriciated. Spread the joy! Adam ------------------------------ Message-ID: Date: Tue, 7 Apr 1998 19:13:24 -0400 (EDT) From: Lawrence P Solomon Subject: Re: TMBG: Annoying little story Excerpts from internet.music.tmbg: 7-Apr-98 TMBG: Annoying little story by "Jason F." supposed to mean? I realize the song sounds rather Giantish but I don't > think it's supposed to be an insult ot anything. Any thoughts? a couple of things. 1. "Weird Al" *loves* TMBG. He has been spotted at concerts. His "Christmas Wish List" in 1996 had "A shoehorn (the kind with teeth)" on it. And many other things. 2. Parody is one of the greatest forms of tribute. He's not trying to poke fun at them - or any of the groups whose songs he writes parodies of - but is writing a song in what often is perceived as "Their style." When he writes a parody of someone else's songs, it's usually recognition that a group has "made it." (many of the artists he's parodied have stated that they love what he does...) Lawrence Solomon http://www.contrib.andrew.cmu.edu/~lps/ lps@andrew.cmu.edu "Everything sticks until it goes away, * This space inadvertently And the truth is we don't know anything." -TMBG * left blank. ------------------------------ Date: Tue, 7 Apr 1998 18:45:57 -0500 (CDT) From: "Christopher M. Stangl" Subject: Re: TMBG: Annoying little story Message-ID: On Tue, 7 Apr 1998, Lawrence P Solomon wrote: > Excerpts from internet.music.tmbg: 7-Apr-98 TMBG: Annoying little story > by "Jason F." > supposed to mean? I realize the song sounds rather Giantish but I don't > > think it's supposed to be an insult ot anything. Any thoughts? > > a couple of things. > > 1. "Weird Al" *loves* TMBG. He has been spotted at concerts. His > "Christmas Wish List" in 1996 had "A shoehorn (the kind with teeth)" on > it. And many other things. > > 2. Parody is one of the greatest forms of tribute. He's not trying to > poke fun at them - or any of the groups whose songs he writes parodies > of - but is writing a song in what often is perceived as "Their style." > When he writes a parody of someone else's songs, it's usually > recognition that a group has "made it." (many of the artists he's > parodied have stated that they love what he does...) Almost every single one of Yankovic's parodies is *not* derisive to the artist. He almost never "makes fun" of a song- he just writes "funny" words and replaces the real lyrics. That's not mockery. There is the rare occasion when the parody actually *does* critique the song: "Smells Like Teen Spirit", "Achey Breaky Song" and "Still Billy Joel To Me" spring to mind (I'm no Al scholar though, so if you can think of more examples...). -Chris Stangl ------------------------------ From: PLurie1982 Message-ID: <5fad014a.352abb84@aol.com> Date: Tue, 7 Apr 1998 19:49:23 EDT Subject: nonTMBG: weird al Most artists like when he does this, but Coolio became very angry with him after "Amish Paradise" also that song "Money" by george michael It's gonna taake time...a whole lot of precious time.... weird al parodies that by singing.. "This song is just six words long....." ------------------------------ Date: Tue, 07 Apr 1998 19:06:44 -0500 From: Chad Maloney Subject: Re: nonTMBG: weird al Message-id: <352ABF94.E85E6B1@rosevc.rose-hulman.edu> PLurie1982 wrote: > also that song "Money" by george michael > It's gonna taake time...a whole lot of precious time.... Um... that's George Harrison actually. George Michael is the guy whose butt graced the jukebox on Faith. - Chad "I'd kill to see Mike Leffel covering Mr. Frump and his Iron Lung" Maloney ------------------------------ Message-Id: <3.0.3.32.19980407180732.006abbd0@pop.ben2.ucla.edu> Date: Tue, 07 Apr 1998 18:07:32 +0000 From: Josh Morgan Subject: TMBG: Weird Al?! First-time post BTW... Ok, now i've heard Weird Al's "Everything You Know Is Wrong", even though i don't have Bad Hair Day (the only Weird Al album missing from my collection), thanks to the wonderful world of MP3s, and the song is OBVIOUSLY one big TMBG reference, but it's not exactly a direct parody of any specific TMBG song, so can anyone who owns "Bad Hair Day" tell me if Al actually identifies the song as a TMBG tribute in the album or did he mean it as a sort of inside joke between fellow giantheads. Just wondering... Josh "For the love of God, put down the gun!!" Morgan ------------------------------ Message-Id: <3.0.1.32.19980407212613.0069c594@130.127.28.14> Date: Tue, 07 Apr 1998 21:26:13 -0400 From: Adam Tyner Subject: Re: TMBG: Weird Al?! There's nothing in the liner notes about it being a TMBG tribute, but he's said so in interviews and on-line chats. -Adam At 06:07 PM 4/7/98 +0000, Josh Morgan wrote: >First-time post BTW... > >Ok, now i've heard Weird Al's "Everything You Know Is Wrong", even though i >don't have Bad Hair Day (the only Weird Al album missing from my >collection), thanks to the wonderful world of MP3s, and the song is >OBVIOUSLY one big TMBG reference, but it's not exactly a direct parody of >any specific TMBG song, so can anyone who owns "Bad Hair Day" tell me if Al >actually identifies the song as a TMBG tribute in the album or did he mean >it as a sort of inside joke between fellow giantheads. Just wondering... > >Josh "For the love of God, put down the gun!!" Morgan > > > /----=========================================================----\ http://www.awod.com/gallery/rwav/ctyner/ The home of He-Man, "Weird Al", Yoo-hoo, Killer Tomatoes, and more! Demented music list admin O- MiSTie #67,326 ------------------------------ Message-Id: <199804080127.UAA10305@dfw-ix16.ix.netcom.com> From: "Mike Bobbick" Subject: Re: TMBG: Weird Al?! Date: Tue, 22 Jul 1997 21:26:26 -0400 > > Ok, now i've heard Weird Al's "Everything You Know Is Wrong", even though i > don't have Bad Hair Day (the only Weird Al album missing from my > collection), thanks to the wonderful world of MP3s, and the song is > OBVIOUSLY one big TMBG reference, but it's not exactly a direct parody of > any specific TMBG song, so can anyone who owns "Bad Hair Day" tell me if Al > actually identifies the song as a TMBG tribute in the album or did he mean > it as a sort of inside joke between fellow giantheads. Just wondering... > I've checked before, and I didn't see him thank TMBG in the linear notes(which he seems to do with all the artists he parodies) and he did not say "Paraody of....." So my guess is either it's an inside joke, or he really doesn't consider it a TMBG parody, and we're all just so consumed with TMBG pride, and we assume it is, but I doubt it.... Mikeman mikeman4@ix.netcom.com ------------------------------ Message-ID: <352AFBFF.ED579822@geocities.com> Date: Tue, 07 Apr 1998 21:24:35 -0700 From: Nathan Mulac DeHoff Organization: The Intergalactic Cult of VoVat Subject: Re: TMBG: Weird Al?! Josh Morgan wrote: > First-time post BTW... > > Ok, now i've heard Weird Al's "Everything You Know Is Wrong", even though i > don't have Bad Hair Day (the only Weird Al album missing from my > collection), thanks to the wonderful world of MP3s, and the song is > OBVIOUSLY one big TMBG reference, but it's not exactly a direct parody of > any specific TMBG song, so can anyone who owns "Bad Hair Day" tell me if Al > actually identifies the song as a TMBG tribute in the album or did he mean > it as a sort of inside joke between fellow giantheads. Just wondering... No, he did not mention it on the album itself. He has announced that "Everything You Know Is Wrong" is a TMBG parody at other times, though. I believe that I once read an interview with Al that mentioned this. -- Nathan Mulac DeHoff vovat@geocities.com http://www.geocities.com/Area51/Corridor/5447/ "All I know could be defaced by the facts in the life of Chess Piece Face." ------------------------------ Date: Tue, 7 Apr 1998 19:53:03 -0600 (MDT) From: J Kuemmerle Subject: TMBG: weird al AND TMBG STUFF TOO!! Message-ID: On Tue, 7 Apr 1998, PLurie1982 wrote: > also that song "Money" by george michael > It's gonna taake time...a whole lot of precious time.... i know you're going to find me just waaaaaaaay too picky about all this, but it was "(i've got my mind) set on you" by george harrison. but speaking of parodying an artist's general *style*, i was talking the other night with jim montgomery (jmontgom@nmsu.edu, for those of you who haven't known him for 13.5 years the way i have) and he brought up (as a challenge) writing pseudo-TMBG lyrics, either individually or as a list (one person writes a line, another person tacks on, etc.)... anyone out there up to the challenge of this sincerest form of flattery? --jim kuemmerle, who would like to thank every person contributing to the weird al thread, whoever or wherever they may be, for giving me such a perfect segue to this topic... j.kuemmerle@m.cc.utah.edu SKULL MOUNTAIN: we'll meet at the end of the tour... http://www.geocities.com/soho/gallery/4668/skullmountain.html ps. this now fulfills my 'no more posts until there's tmbg content' promise leftover from the thread with the big sinking ship. pps. that 'big sinking ship' is jim montgomery's phrase. i'm just borrowing it. ------------------------------ Date: Tue, 7 Apr 1998 21:16:36 -0500 (CDT) From: John Shaft Subject: TMBG: John Spotting!! Message-ID: John F. appears in the new issue of Details magazine (the one with Michael Jordan on the cover). He speaks a brief piece on what he does when he has a cold (as so other artists). He takes Ny-Quil (just like AKA driver). He also relates a brief anecdote about a crew member who had a cold that he recommended take some NyQuil. Later the crewman reported that it made him feel funny, and john discoved that he had ignored the directions and taken the whole bottle. have a day scott reed ----- Sometimes I think to myself, Scott, you're a handsome, intelligent, charming individual people like to be around. Then I usually think to myself, Scott, you're wicked drunk. ----- ------------------------------ Message-ID: <352AE921.65698FE6@ix.netcom.com> Date: Tue, 07 Apr 1998 23:04:07 -0400 From: Amanda Nichols Organization: WECB Subject: Re: nonTMBG: weird al > also that song "Money" by george michael > It's gonna taake time...a whole lot of precious time.... That's not George Michael. You're thinking of another British George-- George Harrison (of the Beatles).. The song's name is "Got My Mind Set On You," from his album "Cloud Nine," which I believe won some awards. About a year or so after that, he was in the Traveling Wilburys with Tom Petty, Jeff Lynne and Roy Orbison. Amanda, the Official List Discographer... ------------------------------ Date: Tue, 7 Apr 1998 21:10:13 -0600 (MDT) From: J Kuemmerle Subject: Re: nonTMBG: wilburies Message-ID: On Tue, 7 Apr 1998, Amanda Nichols wrote: > The song's name is "Got My Mind Set On You," from his album "Cloud Nine," > which I believe won some awards. About a year or so after that, he was in the > Traveling Wilburys with Tom Petty, Jeff Lynne and Roy Orbison. and bob dylan. --jim kuemmerle, who lived with a bob dylan ***FANATIC*** for three years. j.kuemmerle@m.cc.utah.edu SKULL MOUNTAIN: we'll meet at the end of the tour... http://www.geocities.com/soho/gallery/4668/skullmountain.html ------------------------------ Message-ID: <19980408031906.27541.qmail@hotmail.com> From: "Kevin Shiner" Subject: Re: TMBG: Weird Al?! Date: Tue, 07 Apr 1998 20:19:06 PDT I seem to remember discussing this same topic about a year ago...hmm, recurring topics, interesting.... --shiner >>Ok, now i've heard Weird Al's "Everything You Know Is Wrong", even though i >>don't have Bad Hair Day (the only Weird Al album missing from my >>collection), thanks to the wonderful world of MP3s, and the song is >>OBVIOUSLY one big TMBG reference ______________________________________________________ Get Your Private, Free Email at http://www.hotmail.com ------------------------------ From: BrthrJuan Message-ID: <87c30bf1.352af4ad@aol.com> Date: Tue, 7 Apr 1998 23:53:15 EDT Subject: Re: nonTMBG: wilburies In a message dated 4/7/98 11:11:28 PM Eastern Daylight Time, J.Kuemmerle@m.cc.utah.edu writes: > About a year or so after that, he was in the > > Traveling Wilburys with Tom Petty, Jeff Lynne and Roy Orbison. > > and bob dylan. you can't forget everyone;s favorite drummer to make fun of.....Ringo Starr ------------------------------ Date: Tue, 7 Apr 1998 22:21:53 -0600 (MDT) From: jim Subject: TMBG: First Attempt at Psuedo-tMBg Lyrics Message-ID: On Tue, 7 Apr 1998, J Kuemmerle wrote: > but speaking of parodying an artist's general *style*, i was talking the > other night with jim montgomery (jmontgom@nmsu.edu, for those of you who > haven't known him for 13.5 years the way i have) and he brought up (as a > challenge) writing pseudo-TMBG lyrics, either individually or as a list > (one person writes a line, another person tacks on, etc.)... anyone out > there up to the challenge of this sincerest form of flattery? In honor of my best friend Jim Kuemmerle and the tMBg List Serve: "The Big Sinking Ship" (To the melody of "Everything Right Is Wrong Again") The ship of might is back again But now in a long long movie All the crewmen still died and the plot kept lying but everyone still stayed groovy And now we talk about it now We talk about it now And now we talk about it now We talk about it now -jim ------------------------------ End of tmbg-list Digest #5-6 ****************************