Errors-To: owner-tmbg-digest@tmbg.org Reply-To: tmbg-digest@tmbg.org Sender: owner-tmbg-digest@tmbg.org Precedence: bulk From: owner-tmbg-digest@tmbg.org To: tmbg-digest@tmbg.org Subject: tmbg-list Digest #6-18 tmbg-list Digest, Volume 6, Number 18 Monday, 18 May 1998 Today's Topics: TMBG: WEEN!! <---- NON-TMBG!! TMBG: the lost concert review (kinda long, but... uh... interesting) TMBG: Unexpected TMBG Concert Story! Re: TMBG: Listie Photos, Leffel Re: NON-TMBG: These annoying vcard.vcf files TMBG: Me photo TMBG: Pink Album name, Rachel is cute and THE Finest of Treats Re: TMBG: license plates Re: TMBG: Unexpected TMBG Concert Story! Re: TMBG: license plates Re: TMBG: license plates Re: TMBG: Unexpected TMBG Concert Story! TMBG: Jacob's side of the story (some repetition, but some new stuff) TMBG: listie photos Re: TMBG: She Was A Hotel Detective Re: TMBG: Unexpected TMBG Concert Story! TMBG: Mountain Stage, Mike Leffel TMBG: Mountain Stage web site Re: TMBG: license plates Re: TMBG: license plates/sort of/Tennis Tournament TMBG: Counting all Ana Ngs... TMBG: My picture....yo. Semi-TMBG: BFF video Administrivia: If you wish to unsubscribe from this mailing send mail to tmbg-digest-request@tmbg.org for instructions on how to be automatically removed. --------------------------------------------------------------------- The views expressed herein are those of the individual authors. --------------------------------------------------------------------- tmbg-list is digested with Digest 3.5b (John Relph ). ---------------------------------------------------------------------- From: Tmbgneat Message-ID: <988d0907.355e56ad@aol.com> Date: Sat, 16 May 1998 23:17:00 EDT Subject: TMBG: WEEN!! <---- NON-TMBG!! ok...im sorry to clutter the list of nontmbgish stuff.....but i tried the ween newsgroups to no avail.... what im looking for is the lyrics to the song 'molly' from 'the pod'.......i tried to do it myself...and i'll be happy to send them to anyone who wants to laugh at 'em....but if anyone knows where i can find them or has them...can you email them to me or tell me where i can find them?.....ok, bye bye now! -this message was written by tim from st louis! ------------------------------ From: Monotreme3 Message-ID: <2a224ca1.355e86a5@aol.com> Date: Sun, 17 May 1998 02:41:40 EDT Subject: TMBG: the lost concert review (kinda long, but... uh... interesting) Well, I just got back from the free concert at Georgia Tech. Yeah, yeah, I know not many people had heard about it, but I myself didn't even know about it until yesterday. I called my friend Jacob (He's my master in vampire terms, in that he converted me.) with a "Hey, Jacob... guess what...?" Next thing I knew I was at Tech standing twenty feet away from the stage. It was divided into two sections: those who were willing to pay 10 bucks and those who weren't, or who just couldn't. I would have paid 10 bucks to be up front, but I prefered to borrow 10 bucks from Jacob and by my new Nightmare (bugs) t-shirt. Jacob had $19 and I had $10 so since Jacob has six shirts and I only had one, he let me have ten of his. So then we stood twenty feet away from the stage outside of this little metal gate and ended up being 2 of maybe 12 people who were actually dancing out of like 200. The people who'd paid and who were up close were a lot more active. But! WE (the people outside the gate) were the "people" in Battle for the planet of the apes, and we won. Also, our conga line was better. "We've got a nice one going up here and the people out there curiously have a better one." -John Flansburgh. That's not exactly what he said, but it was something like that. There was lots of profanity out of the John's mouths, but they seemed in good spirits. All in all, that was the best concert I've ever been to, and the fact that it was free is just the icing on the cake. Here's the setlist, not in order, and probably not complete: -She's Actual Size -Dr. Worm -Istanbul not Constantinople -All the Girls I've Love Before (My God... 1st time I heard this one... rockin'. Totally.) -Particle Man (The accordian!) -Battle for the Planet of the Apes ("People! People! Soilent Green is made of apes!" -me) -Ana Ng (Kick ass version. Started out slow, then sped up.) -Till My Head Falls Off -Spy (Flans did some of the conduction and when he would hold his hand down, the music Linnell, Dan, and Dan played sounded really, really awesome.) -SEXXY -Lie Still Little Bottle (The stick!) -James K. Polk (The cannon!) -Birdhouse in Your Soul -No One Knows My Plan (I felt very proud, since this was my first conga, to actually pull 5 or 6 people out of their stupors and into our fun. "You, too!" I shouted. "Come on!" I'd say as I grabbed some rigid crowd member. "Conga!" One guy didn't budge, so I told him he sucked and moved on.) -Twisting -Exquisite Dead Guy (The puppets!) -New York City -Pet Name (At this point I'm looking at my cd's to see what they played.) -Why Does the Sun Shine? (The Sun is a Mass of Incandescent Gas) (No funny stuff during the educational parts... oh well.) -The Guitar -She's Actual Size (I think... for some reason I can't remember.) -They Got Lost Okay. I think that's it. The concert lasted well over an hour with one encore (The Got Lost & Twisting), but I really don't know if I can remember everything that happened. I wish I could remember more funny parts, because there were some. Ah... at one point the Johns were trying to see how good the technicians could keep the spots on the puppet heads. Also Flans let some guy in the front "control" his puppet. The guy would make little wizardly gestures at it and Flans would move it this way and that. Hmm... they let some Tech student do the stick and he had some trouble keeping the beat. The crowd had to help him by clapping. He did good, though... real good. At one point, Jacob and I were doing the Ana Ng dance and this guy next to me who hardly moved at all started watching and slowly learned it. Towards the end I was showing him the steps. He almost got good at it, but they ended the song. It's really hard being the only two people dancing in your little area, but we managed. No one got in our way, and we didn't bother any one with anything but our enthusiasm. (That was a slick reference to that age old thread about dancing at concerts, for those who didn't catch it. For those who still don't... oh well.... If you don't know, I can't tell ya.) I've never understood why people like to read reviews of concerts, but I figured I'd just post this one for anyone who cared. I know it sucks that this concert wasn't listed on the web site or even spread by word of mouth, but I'm sure as hell glad that I heard about it before it was too late. So... this has been another production of the Clara the Cow Production Co. This is Chad... signing off. -Carey AND NOW... DEEP THOUGHTS. by JACK HANDY...: "I wouldn't be surprised if some day some fishermen caught a big shark and cut it open, and there inside was a whole person. Then they cut the person open, and in him is a little baby shark. And in the baby shark there isn't a person, because it would be too small. But there's a little doll or something, like a Johnny Combat little toy guy--something like that." ------------------------------ Message-ID: <355E6A2B.E28980AC@ibm.net> Date: Sun, 17 May 1998 00:40:12 -0400 From: Robyn Miller Subject: TMBG: Unexpected TMBG Concert Story! Hey guys! I just got back from the best one-third of a TMBG concert I've been to! Too bad I missed the other 2/3 of it! Here's the story... I've been checking tourdates over and over for Them to come to Georgia to no avail. They hadn't been to Atlanta since November 1997 (bitch, bitch, moan, moan). I came home (home=outside of Atlanta vs. school=Athens, GA 2 hours away) this weekend and decided to stay the whole weekend instead of going back for a friend of a friend's b-day party. I wasn't sure why. It must of been the Johns talking to me telepathically. I went to Old Navy around 8, not knowing my friend Konrad was going to call 5 minutes later saying he saw on the sign outside Georgia Tech (that he just happened to be passing) that TMBG was playing there in an hour. I got home at 9:30, got the message and ran out the door. It took about 45 minutes until we got to Atlanta and found where the hell the thing was on campus. I walked in the gates during a cover of "For All the Girls I've Loved Before." I actually found my friend (thanked him heavily), bought a t-shirt, and the ski cap (even though the weather has been in the 90s this week). STD supposed to come out in August, they said. And (according to Them, but They weren't sure) "They Got Lost" is the first track. Before They played "Dr. Woom" they mention how it's on the album, but not live. I can't believe all of the "just so happen"s that led to me seeing this Concert! I just wish I hadn't gone to Old Navy (I may never go there again because of this :) JK ), because it was the best They show I had been to. Mainly because the concert was a free outdoor concert, but you had to pay $10 to be in the fenced in area in front of the stage. There were lots of people there, but only about 30 in the fenced in area. So, all of the mega-fans were left to enjoy TMBG without all of the moshing and "pass the dude" goings on. Flans kept making fun of the people behind the fence which was funny. Someone screamed "CONGA!!" so they played some conga music and flans was chanting to the music "Eve-ry-bod-y con-ga... I'm not f*ck-ing kid-ding... Se-cur-'ty guards con-ga... I'm not f*ck-ing kid-ding..." He did this for about 2 minutes going through several variations before they played "No One Knows My Plan" (of course). My question is: how come I didn't know about this concert beforehand? Why don't they announce concert anymore? It pissed me off. I know they didn't want chaos on the GA Tech campus... but, well, I wish I could've seen the entire show. Such a shame. Also, are They doing some kind of mini colleges campus tour now? Is that why I haven't seen any dates? Help me figure this one out. Because I need to see another show. Hopefully, they'll come to University of Georgia (my college) if they are! Anyway, sorry it's such a long post, but it's been a very strange and exciting night! Talk to you guys later! -Robyn- (AKA ew0k) ------------------------------ Message-ID: <355E69DF.9566C598@pop3.concentric.net> Date: Sat, 16 May 1998 23:38:56 -0500 From: Anastasia Hunt Organization: bfe Productions Subject: Re: TMBG: Listie Photos, Leffel Squidgy Colin wrote: > At 18:42 16/05/98 EDT, you wrote: > >why was there a file attached with this? "vcard.vcf"? what is this? I'm > >puzzled... > > > No more than I! I have no idea of the file type... Please explain... > PLEASE!!!! I have no idea. Honest!!!!! Anastasia [Attachment omitted, unknown MIME type or encoding (text/x-vcard)] ------------------------------ Message-ID: <355E6A30.7D9E1124@pop3.concentric.net> Date: Sat, 16 May 1998 23:40:17 -0500 From: Anastasia Hunt Organization: bfe Productions Subject: Re: NON-TMBG: These annoying vcard.vcf files Adam Tyner wrote: > At 06:42 PM 5/16/98 EDT, KdsInThHal wrote: > >why was there a file attached with this? "vcard.vcf"? what is this? I'm > >puzzled... > > I've been annoyed by these files too, so I did a search. According to > http://www.imc.org/pdi/ : > Look, I didn't do it on purpose! I promise. I have no idea how it got sent. Really. [Attachment omitted, unknown MIME type or encoding (text/x-vcard)] ------------------------------ From: NitpickR Message-ID: <8492eea6.355f06d4@aol.com> Date: Sun, 17 May 1998 11:48:35 EDT Subject: TMBG: Me photo Hello 41- Well, my photo is at: http://members.aol.com/mikewyz/graphics/meandcub.jpg It's a small image size, but a fair represenatation of me. The chick is from Cub, and the picture was taken outside Atlanta. And since I'm doing this, I want the URL of the website where all the rest of them are. For the record, I found Mike Leffel to be very annoying and unnecessasary. It's sacreligous around here, but I don't care. Other stuff: HFStival. Fun show. If the B52's are coming to your town, I suggest seeing them. They were pretty fun. Soul Coughing played Idiot Kings, which was nice. BNL was fun as well. Steven sang some of Brick, which I'm sure a lot of people got very happy about. They also did a corn dog song and ripped on moshers. Very good. Adam ------------------------------ From: FamousName Message-ID: <4e89f8aa.355f19b1@aol.com> Date: Sun, 17 May 1998 13:09:04 EDT Subject: TMBG: Pink Album name, Rachel is cute and THE Finest of Treats In a message dated 5/17/98 8:57:23 AM EST, owner-tmbg-digest@tmbg.org writes: << - I personally think the Pink Album is the best nickname for the Pink Album, so I'm not suggesting anything different, but the words "Grand Opening" are pretty prominent on the cover. You know, the first album, grand opening...not a good nickname but an observation nonetheless (one that may have been made by someone else, but I don't know) >> Who said it's not self-titled? As someone who has worked in radio, it always appeared to me to be that way. (Also, I just checked the discography and it gives a self-title as the name: "They Might Be Giants"). But perhaps we are referring to a commonly recognized name or a name for use of the list? Perhaps I'm just jumping into a conversation mid-stream? Perhaps I just made an ass out of myself? Well, only one way to find out...jd === By the way, Rachel, I wouldn't be the list bit embarrassed about your picture. You remind me of when I once was a model (not a supermodel, of course, but I was a model for Faces International back in 1983). jd === And...what is THE Finest of Treats? It's a TMBG album that I have not yet heard. "What?" you might ask. Well, let me explain. I heard TMBG first in a bar in Florida where two guys were doing covers of just about anything and they played The Famous Polka. The whole bar yelled in the "Hey!" at the appropriate time during the song. The bad even played the song at the end of their evening for fun. That was cool. Then I saw the debut of their video Don't Let's Start on MTV. I bought the DLS ep because I was just chicken to buy their first album with all the fluffiness that it portrayed and since I was in the Marines, it's wouldn't be cool to have a fluffy album among my REM (before Michael Stipe got started wearing eyeliner) and U2 (before Bono started wearing eyeliner). I loved the ep. It was outstanding. I felt like my IQ even went up a couple points. Anyway, I listened to the ep again and again as I am notorious for doing. Because I enjoyed their music so much, and it was such a treat, I didn't want to just run out and get the new album because there would be nothing left to discover about them. They weren't going to have any new albums for a while (next year). And so I waited to buy their first album. I bought something from someone else and listened to it constantly. And I usually buy albums in this way. I'll buy something great from one band, listen to it contstantly and then about six months later, I'll buy the next thing to buy. Well, I developed this pattern of buying new music and there haven't been any new albums set to be released for U2 or REM or Peter Gabriel like there were many moons ago. Before these bands became megastars you could count on an album from one of them during a year or six month run. But there haven't been. Not even Floyd is set to release an album for a year. Maybe it's the millenium. We'll get albums from all of them in 1999 (there's got to be a funny Prince reference in there somewhere). Anyway, I actually was able to avoid buying John Henry by a stroke of luck. I didn't know it came out so I wasn't chomping at the bit to buy it. I discovered it when I bought Factory Showroom. I thought, "Wow! Should I buy two of these now? Or save JH for later when there aren't any new releases from bands that I love?" (I don't really talk to myself that way, but that was the gist of it). So, I waited. Until today. I'm going to go buy John Henry. It's either that or I buy the new album by Fastball, but I don't want a disappointment. Has anyone heard the album by Fastball besides that great song of theirs called "The Way" that's been on radio a great deal? Is it good? Anyway, John Henry is mine. Today, I treat myself to THE finest of treats. Unfortunately, there aren't any other albums that I want that I have yet to buy! Joseph ------------------------------ From: mr.train@juno.com Date: Thu, 14 May 1998 14:08:59 -0400 Subject: Re: TMBG: license plates Message-ID: <19980517.134245.4422.0.Mr.Train@juno.com> On Wed, 13 May 1998 16:09:03 +0000 "bighead@tmbg.org" writes: <> >If anyone on this list is that super cool individual with the plates, >email me and I will be your pal. > >Wade Michael Atkinson >"...and the truth is we don't know anything..." Well, in the same line as TMBG plates, someone on this list had a little problem with theirs... They wanted AKA_DRVR (AKA Driver) which I think is the coolest plate you could ever have... but as you can see that was too many letters for their state (Here and there it was 7... I think in California it is 8?) so they didn't know wether to go with AKA_DVR (AKA Diver), AKADRVR (akadrver) or what! I don't remember the outcome... There's always ANA NG! Is this a thread? Can Anyone think of any other cool TMBG Plates? Tim, nyquil divin' tim Miscellaneous Tim AKA TMB(do)G AKA Tambo (IRC) AKA Mr.Train (OML) Favorite TMBG song update: Twistin' Live in NY Last CD purchase: Cherry Poppin' Daddies - Zoot Suit Riot Favorite mainstream song: Riot Nerd - 2 Skinnee J's _____________________________________________________________________ You don't need to buy Internet access to use free Internet e-mail. Get completely free e-mail from Juno at http://www.juno.com Or call Juno at (800) 654-JUNO [654-5866] ------------------------------ From: tmbgirl@juno.com Date: Sun, 17 May 1998 11:59:32 -0600 Subject: Re: TMBG: Unexpected TMBG Concert Story! Message-ID: <19980517.115941.3758.0.TMBgirl@juno.com> > Also, are They doing some kind of mini colleges campus tour now? >Is >that why I haven't seen any dates? Help me figure this one out. >Because >I need to see another show hmm... that's so crazy... even i had heard about this show and i'm thousands of miles away... but the last thing that i had heard about the show was that they were having some sort of drawing for all the tech students and whoever won got to go up and sing with john and john... was that just teh bit about someone playing the stick or did someone actually get to get up there and sing? take it easy, JOrdaN http://www2.netcom.com/~arnot/joda/bootlegs.html oh hey... if anyone e-mailed me in the past 3 days regarding a trade (or anything else for that matter)... and i haven't e-mailed you back... there was a bit of an accident involving my sister and the delete button... anyways, just send it again and i'll get back to ya! :) _____________________________________________________________________ You don't need to buy Internet access to use free Internet e-mail. Get completely free e-mail from Juno at http://www.juno.com Or call Juno at (800) 654-JUNO [654-5866] ------------------------------ Message-ID: <355F2723.CDA0B10D@pop3.concentric.net> Date: Sun, 17 May 1998 13:06:27 -0500 From: Anastasia Hunt Organization: bfe Productions Subject: Re: TMBG: license plates Mine is ANANG78. Anastasia mr.train@juno.com wrote: > On Wed, 13 May 1998 16:09:03 +0000 "bighead@tmbg.org" > writes: > <> > >If anyone on this list is that super cool individual with the plates, > >email me and I will be your pal. > > > >Wade Michael Atkinson > >"...and the truth is we don't know anything..." > > Well, in the same line as TMBG plates, someone on this list had a little > problem with theirs... > They wanted AKA_DRVR (AKA Driver) which I think is the coolest plate you > could ever have... but as you can see that was too many letters for their > state (Here and there it was 7... I think in California it is 8?) so they > didn't know wether to go with AKA_DVR (AKA Diver), AKADRVR (akadrver) or > what! I don't remember the outcome... > There's always ANA NG! > Is this a thread? Can Anyone think of any other cool TMBG Plates? > > Tim, nyquil divin' tim > Miscellaneous Tim AKA TMB(do)G > AKA Tambo (IRC) AKA Mr.Train (OML) > Favorite TMBG song update: Twistin' Live in NY > Last CD purchase: Cherry Poppin' Daddies - Zoot Suit Riot > Favorite mainstream song: Riot Nerd - 2 Skinnee J's > > _____________________________________________________________________ > You don't need to buy Internet access to use free Internet e-mail. > Get completely free e-mail from Juno at http://www.juno.com > Or call Juno at (800) 654-JUNO [654-5866] ------------------------------ From: tmbgirl@juno.com Date: Sun, 17 May 1998 12:02:31 -0600 Subject: Re: TMBG: license plates Message-ID: <19980517.120231.3758.1.TMBgirl@juno.com> >There's always ANA NG! i hate to burst your bubble but that is an extremely common name... i bet you'd have a better chance getting TMBG on your plates than some form or another of ANA NG. take it easy, JOrdaN http://www2.netcom.com/~arnot/joda/bootlegs.html ------------------------------ From: Monotreme3 Message-ID: Date: Sun, 17 May 1998 14:19:33 EDT Subject: Re: TMBG: Unexpected TMBG Concert Story! In a message dated 5/17/98 2:03:59 PM Eastern Daylight Time, tmbgirl@juno.com writes: > hmm... that's so crazy... even i had heard about this show and i'm > thousands of miles away... > but the last thing that i had heard about the show was that they were > having some sort of drawing for all the tech students and whoever won got > to go up and sing with john and john... was that just teh bit about > someone playing the stick or did someone actually get to get up there and > sing? No. No one got up and sang with them. There was a woman with a headset on going around and saying "Contest winner? Are you a contest winner?" I said "What would I win?" She walked away. Later I saw her find a group of five people, chat with them for a second, and then pull them away. I looked for them for a while to see what they were getting but they just came back with a frisbee. So... ha ha... who knows. All that happened on stage was that this guy named Rich got up and banged the stick. -Carey ------------------------------ From: Monotreme3 Message-ID: Date: Sun, 17 May 1998 14:21:07 EDT Subject: TMBG: Jacob's side of the story (some repetition, but some new stuff) So, I went to see They Might Be Giants today. That makes eight times for me. Carey went with me, even though I had to drive his punk ass all the way from UGA to Georgia Tech and back (the trip odometer says 270 miles, and that's since this morning). It was all unplanned- we just found out that They were having a show on Friday. Anyway, the show was pretty good. I'll try to remember what they played: New York City James K. Polk Shoehorn with Teeth Why Does the Sun Shine? Spy Pet Name Exquisite Dead Guy She's Actual Size Battle of the Planet of the Apes ("people! people! people!") Lie Still, Little Bottle (featuring Rich the rhythm-less white guy) To All the Girls I've loved Before Ana Ng Birdhouse In Your Soul S-E-X-X-Y Particle Man Dr. Worm No One Knows My Plan Istanbul They Got Lost Twisting That's pretty complete, but in totally the wrong order. The only bits of order I can remember are as follows: 1) NYC came first. 2) Pet Name (which they performed without any lights) came immediately before Exquisite Dead Guy, which they did with the puppet heads. 3) Lie Still, Little Bottle came immediately before To All the Girls I've Loved Before (you know the song. It's by some old people or something. They did it with weird voice effects. Flans sang into a stick, as I'll explain.) 4) Particle Man came right before Dr. Worm (and I'm pretty sure Istanbul came right after that). They were both pretty late in the set. 5) No One Knows my Plan was second to last in the regular set. 6) They Got Lost and Twisting were the encores, in that order. A few explanations: They did Lie Still, Little Bottle with this big wooden stick with a microphone taped to the bottom. They got some guy from Tech named Rich to bang it on the ground for a beat, but poor Rich was totally clueless and he couldn't hold the beat at all. It was really funny. Right after that, they did To All The Girls I've Loved Before, and Flans picked up the stick to use for his microphone. Battle Of the Planet of the Apes (not sure if that title is exactly right)- a new song, I presume. It's not on anything TMBG has released. The drummer and the bassist were the people, and John and John were the apes. When the people played, one half of the audience held up their left fists and chanted, "People! People! People!" When the apes played, the other half held up their right fists and chanted, "Apes! Apes! Apes! Apes!" It was really fun. I was people. People won. We kept on chanting "People!" the whole concert intermittently- during the "conductor" portion of Spy, instead of just cheering, as the audience usually does, we chanted "People!" and "Apes!" For those of you who don't know the puppets: when they do Exquisite Dead Guy, they have these big puppet heads on sticks that they hold up and move around the stage. They swish them around and make it look like they're singing and do all sorts of crazy stuff with them. It's really cool. What else? They did the cannon thing where they shoot a confetti cannon into the audience during James K. Polk. That was pretty cool. Carey, do you remember anything else about the concert? -jacob::people! people! people! people! people! people! people! people! ------------------------------ From: Mike TMBG Message-ID: Date: Sun, 17 May 1998 14:27:00 EDT Subject: TMBG: listie photos not a bad picture at all, rachel sorry, but I don't have one of me to offer mike ------------------------------ From: KdsInThHal Message-ID: <21c43b0d.355f3056@aol.com> Date: Sun, 17 May 1998 14:45:40 EDT Subject: Re: TMBG: She Was A Hotel Detective In a message dated 5/16/98 9:12:32 PM, hotcha57@hotmail.com wrote: > > - Has anyone received a newsletter recently? I realize they're few and >far between, but I haven't gotten one since early '97 I think. The one >with John and John posing for a Japanese photographer on the cover. Have >I been missing out? They usually seem to be bi-annual. that was the one with the spirograph things, right? i think I got that late summer or early fall of '97, and then a few months later (?) I got a glossy catalogue (Johns in suits with yellow background picture on the cover)... I know I got one of those catalogues at a concert in november and then got two in the mail:) sarah http://lava.home.ml.org ------------------------------ From: KdsInThHal Message-ID: <99842e10.355f321a@aol.com> Date: Sun, 17 May 1998 14:53:13 EDT Subject: Re: TMBG: Unexpected TMBG Concert Story! In a message dated 5/17/98 10:21:17 AM, rmille8.8.ibm.net@ufp.org wrote: > My question is: how come I didn't know about this concert >beforehand? Why don't they announce concert anymore? It pissed me >off. I know they didn't want chaos on the GA Tech campus... but, well, >I wish I could've seen the entire show. Such a shame. funny you say that; Yo La Tengo did a free show here last week at RIT, on a saturday afternoon (free, all ages..) which I spent sleeping, and it was *only* announced in this little free, usually uninteresting magazine -- which I almost picked up but didn't. *grrr*.. I didn't know about it until it was over. but it really made me mad.. I mean they could have announced it on the radio.. they're not a *majorly known* band... :P But I am going to start picking that magazine up everytime I see it.. sarah ------------------------------ Message-ID: <355F53D2.6039@rica.net> Date: Sun, 17 May 1998 17:17:06 -0400 From: Joey Groah Subject: TMBG: Mountain Stage, Mike Leffel Mountain Stage broadcast a "special edition" show today 'cause the Giants were scheduled to perform but couldn't due to scheduling conflicts. Larry Gross, host of MS, loves TMBG a good deal, and played part of the 1992, never been replayed show. Sid (sp?) Straw also performed with her band and sounded INFINTELY better than I have heard her backing up The Guitar, something akin to a hoarse Harvy Fierstien. So Giants are playing on Mountain Stage soon, check your local NPR station for times, I know 89.3 WVTF delays the show about a week or so. Joey, remembers Mike Leffel as a poor mans Mike Leffel [Attachment omitted, unknown MIME type or encoding (message/rfc822)] ------------------------------ Message-ID: <355F549F.C9@rica.net> Date: Sun, 17 May 1998 17:20:31 -0400 From: Joey Groah Subject: TMBG: Mountain Stage web site Here's the web site URL http://www.wvpubrad.org/msindex.htm JOey ------------------------------ From: gray42@juno.com Date: Sun, 17 May 1998 17:46:52 -0400 Subject: Re: TMBG: license plates Message-ID: <19980517.180151.3294.0.gray42@juno.com> how about: PTCLMAN UNIVMAN PRSNMAN 3ANGMAN to name a few :) Mysterio Gal (fellow Subgenius & Happy Mutant) " If there were no doorknobs nobody would be abel to open the doors. Everybody would die" --Claire (age 6) ICQ# 9585405 MST3K#88182 gray42@juno.com http://www.geocities.com/SoHo/Coffeehouse/4871 ------------------------------ From: Cajun Gram Message-ID: <311479ac.355f6f81@aol.com> Date: Sun, 17 May 1998 19:15:12 EDT Subject: Re: TMBG: license plates/sort of/Tennis Tournament In a message dated 98-05-17 14:06:17 EDT, you write: << i hate to burst your bubble but that is an extremely common name... >> I had a tennis tournament last week, and I was looking at the tournament schedule board thing they had posted, and I saw an actual perosn named Ana Ng, and I seriously almost messed my self!!! I went looking for this person, to actually meet them, but they had lost their match and had went home, so I only had to be confident in the knowledge that there really is an Ana Ng out there... Graham "Your ad here." Amsden ------------------------------ Date: Sun, 17 May 1998 16:31:34 -0700 (PDT) From: Alon Yaari Subject: TMBG: Counting all Ana Ngs... Message-ID: Using Four-11 on the web, I got the following results searching on phone numbers... Chuck & Ana Ng Long Is Cy,NY 11105-1630 A Ng Union City,CA 94587 A Ng Cheektowaga,NY 14227 A Ng Flushing,NY 11367 A Ng Morristown,NJ 07960 A Ng Horseheads,NY 14845 A Ng Philadelphia,PA 19136 A Ng Palisades Par,NJ 07650 A Ng Fremont,CA 94536-4235 A Ng South Brunswi,NJ 08512 A Ng Fresh Meadows,NY 11365 A Ng Flushing,NY 11355 A Ng Little Rock,AR 72209 A Ng Brooklyn,NY 11220 A Ng College Park,MD 20740 A W Ng Maryville,MO 64468 A & Mary Ng Hampton,VA 23664-1812 And the following results searching on e-mail (I deleted away their actual addresses... Anabelle Mercedes Arroyo Ng Ana Ng Ana Ng ana ng Ana Ng ANAROSA NG -Yar ------------------------------ Message-ID: <355FBF97.9BC673D5@geocities.com> Date: Mon, 18 May 1998 00:56:55 -0400 From: "Johann D. Beheader" Organization: Dissipating Planets, Inc. Subject: TMBG: My picture....yo. Hello. My picture can be found at http://www.geocities.com/TimesSquare/Fortress/3324 if anybody cares. yay. -Fred ------------------------------ Message-ID: <355FC28C.52FF99CE@pop3.concentric.net> Date: Mon, 18 May 1998 00:09:32 -0500 From: Anastasia Hunt Organization: bfe Productions Subject: Semi-TMBG: BFF video Well, I saw it. It was kick-ass!!! But they didn't credit Flans!!!!! What the hell??? ------------------------------ End of tmbg-list Digest #6-18 *****************************