Errors-To: owner-tmbg-digest@tmbg.org Reply-To: tmbg-digest@tmbg.org Sender: owner-tmbg-digest@tmbg.org Precedence: bulk From: owner-tmbg-digest@tmbg.org To: tmbg-digest@tmbg.org Subject: tmbg-list Digest #6-19 tmbg-list Digest, Volume 6, Number 19 Tuesday, 19 May 1998 Today's Topics: TMBG: photo boat... TMBG: [Fwd: I hope that I get old before I Die] Re: TMBG: license plates Re: Semi-TMBG: BFF video non-TMBG: Blackbeans, Bluebirds, and Sulfurous Pterodactyls TMBG: My website Re: Semi-TMBG: BFF video TMBG: New video comp in the works Re: TMBG: New video comp in the works Re: non-TMBG: Blackbeans, Bluebirds, and Sulfurous Pterodactyls TMBG: Istanbul Re: TMBG: Istanbul TMBG: Tony Millionaire Re: TMBG: Tony Millionaire TMBG: Graham's on Letterman! TMBG: Driver's License!!! Administrivia: If you wish to unsubscribe from this mailing send mail to tmbg-digest-request@tmbg.org for instructions on how to be automatically removed. --------------------------------------------------------------------- The views expressed herein are those of the individual authors. --------------------------------------------------------------------- tmbg-list is digested with Digest 3.5b (John Relph ). ---------------------------------------------------------------------- Message-Id: <199805180840.DAA03723@cs.utexas.edu> Date: Mon, 18 May 1998 03:41:50 -0500 From: checkers Subject: TMBG: photo boat... i suppose i can have a picture of me somewhere... mine is at http://ccwf.cc.utexas.edu/~tmbg/paul.jpg rabidchild (.paul swan) ------------------------------ Message-ID: <35605727.F71B2312@tmbg.org> Date: Mon, 18 May 1998 08:43:35 -0700 From: that Nonsense Subject: TMBG: [Fwd: I hope that I get old before I Die] The idea is not to forward this letter to everyone you know. In fact, that would be a rather dumb idea, rather it might be nice for someone slightly connected to the band to pass this on to them. ================I wish that I could jump out of my .sig================ Ruprecht's Remarkably Useful Homepage http://freshnet.de/user/ruprecht/ [Attachment omitted, unknown MIME type or encoding (message/rfc822)] ------------------------------ Date: Mon, 18 May 1998 10:45:00 -0600 (MDT) From: J Kuemmerle Subject: Re: TMBG: license plates Message-ID: On Sun, 17 May 1998 Mysterio Gal wrote: > how about: > > PTCLMAN > UNIVMAN > PRSNMAN > 3ANGMAN > > to name a few :) or, for that matter: JHNHNRY APOLO18 LINCOLN MISC T. MRHORIBL MONOPUF HCISLAG ISTANBL 2BERLIN HMNSKUL NTHGRND TRNARND (TRNARND, TRNARND...) --JIMKMRLE j.kuemmerle@m.cc.utah.edu ------------------------------ From: KdsInThHal Message-ID: <73ca37cf.35609343@aol.com> Date: Mon, 18 May 1998 16:00:02 EDT Subject: Re: Semi-TMBG: BFF video In a message dated 5/18/98 1:07:11 PM, AnaNg718@concentric.net wrote: >But they didn't credit Flans!!!!! What the hell??? My sentiments exactly (...) -- but I emailed minutes120@aol.com to inquire. ;) I find that really strange why they didn't credit him.. hmm.. was the frank black video(s?) he directed credited? sarah ------------------------------ Date: Mon, 18 May 1998 14:02:21 -0600 (MDT) From: J Kuemmerle Subject: non-TMBG: Blackbeans, Bluebirds, and Sulfurous Pterodactyls Message-ID: On Sat, 16 May 1998, Vandal191 wrote: > Dear Compatriots and Acquaintances, > As I, The Moose, lurk in an unsatisfied, caffeine-fueled walking slumber, I > realize that I have not read, nor posted to the list since being crippled at > play. I'll admit, it's nothing as dramatic or as inspiring of empathy as a > diabetic coma, but I hurted my back during hockey. Very much. i'm sorry! are you better yet? > For the sake of convenience, I subscribe to the digest form of the list. > It's been weeks since any of the digests have been short enough to read > without downloading a file. I demand that all of you quit having opinions, or > at least become conservatives so they'll be shorter and more fun. i beg to differ! (pleeeeeeease, pleeeeeeeeeeze lemme differ!) i should be allowed to blurt the merest idea, if by random whim one occurs to me! > Mike Leffel, where are you, enigmatic humorist? If this list were Ratt, > Mike would be the guy with the black foppy thing on his head and the rest of > us would be tambourine players. He would do the outrageous interviews for > Rolling Stone that would draw us into feuds with those cheap Ratt rip-offs > "Krokus", and we would sit quietly behind him snorting cocaine. Or, at least, > that's the way I see it. :D extremely well-put! > Relationships and how they could easily be replaced with late night Cinemax > programming: I am in a happy relationship with the one kind of person whom > momma had always warned me about. When I was a li'l nuckling,... forgive the ignorance, but whassa nuckling? (is it a small canadian?) > ...she said > "Moosey, you remember what I'm about to tell you, because it's gonna be the > most important thing you'll ever learn. Never get involved with any > Catholics. And never get involved with anybody with money. And most > important; never, EVER, get involved with any Catholics with money." Ashley, > a really lousy Catholic sitting on a giant pile of farm family money, is the > absolute apple of my eye. I love her to death. The feeling is mutual, I > think. congratulations! contrary to all previous posts espousing the contrary opinion, *i* am actually happy to hear of such things. and lousy catholics are the best kind! :) just buy your own comb. > ~Moo "Did I spell tambourine right?" se yep! --jim kuemmerle, tambourine player to the stars... j.kuemmerle@m.cc.utah.edu ------------------------------ Message-ID: <3560BE34.EBA1C072@pop3.concentric.net> Date: Mon, 18 May 1998 18:03:16 -0500 From: Anastasia Hunt Organization: bfe Productions Subject: TMBG: My website BFE Productions.....for shits and giggles Also, pics of me. Thanx Jesse for all the help!! Anastasia [Attachment omitted, unknown MIME type or encoding (text/html)] ------------------------------ From: Kaylum Message-ID: Date: Mon, 18 May 1998 19:40:59 EDT Subject: Re: Semi-TMBG: BFF video << >But they didn't credit Flans!!!!! What the hell??? My sentiments exactly (...) -- but I emailed minutes120@aol.com to inquire. ;) I find that really strange why they didn't credit him.. hmm.. was the frank black video(s?) he directed credited? >> Yeah, I'm curious as to what they'll say about that. I thought it was pretty standard to have the director's name listed, and Flans was definitely credited on Edwin Collins' (sp?) "Never Had a Girl Like You Before" video. Kay ------------------------------ From: Kaylum Message-ID: <208501a8.3560c918@aol.com> Date: Mon, 18 May 1998 19:49:43 EDT Subject: TMBG: New video comp in the works For those of you who don't read alt.musc.tmbg, I thought you'd be interested in this since some of you have been trying to get your hands on TMBG videos, especially the Elektra ones: Subject: Re: TMBG: New video comp in the works Message-ID: That is so cool, I have been pushing for one for a while. Um...btw, thanx a lot for posting this here. I am one of those people who just reads the list and not the newsgroup....I appreciate the repost.... Jish On Mon, 18 May 1998, Kaylum wrote: > For those of you who don't read alt.musc.tmbg, I thought you'd be interested > in this since some of you have been trying to get your hands on TMBG videos, > especially the Elektra ones: > > Just to let anyone know who is interested, the TMBG video is available through > the Info Club for $15. There is another compilation coming out this summer > which will contain all of TMBG's videos. > Check the website soon for new questions and updates! > Love > Operator Dot > < > > Kay > ------------------------------ From: tmbgirl@juno.com Date: Mon, 18 May 1998 20:05:02 -0600 Subject: Re: non-TMBG: Blackbeans, Bluebirds, and Sulfurous Pterodactyls Message-ID: <19980518.200658.3774.0.TMBgirl@juno.com> >. I demand that all of you quit having >opinions, or > at least become conservatives so they'll be shorter and more fun. > Mike Leffel, where are you, enigmatic humorist? If this list were >Ratt, > Mike would be the guy with the black foppy thing on his head and the >rest of > us would be tambourine players. He would do the outrageous >interviews for > Rolling Stone that would draw us into feuds with those cheap Ratt >rip-offs > "Krokus", and we would sit quietly behind him snorting cocaine. Or, >at least, hmm... i never seen someone complain about the list being too full and then go on to complain that mike leffel wasn't around... :) take it easy, JOrdaN http://www2.netcom.com/~arnot/joda/bootlegs.html _____________________________________________________________________ You don't need to buy Internet access to use free Internet e-mail. Get completely free e-mail from Juno at http://www.juno.com Or call Juno at (800) 654-JUNO [654-5866] ------------------------------ Message-ID: <19980519022402.970.qmail@hotmail.com> From: "Jason F." Subject: TMBG: Istanbul Date: Mon, 18 May 1998 19:24:01 PDT While taking part in yet another futile search for The Guitar and I Palindrome I, I found a site selling the Istanbul single if anyone wants it. I remember someone saying they were having trouble finding it. It's at www.ab-cd.com Just search for They Might Be Giants on the site and it should show up. I realize this is a really dumb question, but does anyone know where I can find The Guitar or I Palindrome I singles? I'm not as stupid as I sound, I know I'm not gonna find them but I had to ask. You can stop laughing at my expense. On a side note, gemm had a listing called We're Giants. It didn't really say anything about it. It was listed under TMBG releases. --Jason-- "Hot Cha, where are you? Everybody's eyes are closed." -They Might Be Giants ______________________________________________________ Get Your Private, Free Email at http://www.hotmail.com ------------------------------ Message-Id: <3.0.1.32.19980518222819.006a6310@mail.clemson.edu> Date: Mon, 18 May 1998 22:28:19 -0400 From: Adam Tyner Subject: Re: TMBG: Istanbul At 07:24 PM 5/18/98 PDT, you wrote: > >I realize this is a really dumb question, but does anyone know where I >can find The Guitar or I Palindrome I singles? I'm not as stupid as I >sound, I know I'm not gonna find them but I had to ask. You can stop >laughing at my expense. Hey, it's not a dumb question, but you're right...your chances of finding them are pretty slim. :) But don't worry, you're not the only one in that boat. There are a ton of people (including myself) who would love to get their hands on I Palindrome I and The Guitar. You might want to keep an eye on http://www.ebay.com/ - I've seen some TMBG stuff show up there occassionally. Of course, that would lead to an intense bidding war with me, but anyway.... :) >On a side note, gemm had a listing called We're Giants. It didn't really >say anything about it. It was listed under TMBG releases. "We're Giants" is just the Japanese version of Misc. T...same tracks, same order. The "rare and live" bit in the description of We're Giants on GEMM is totally misleading and 100% wrong. TTYL, -Adam http://www.he-man.org/ctyner http://www.awod.com/gallery/rwav/ctyner/ The home of He-Man, "Weird Al", Yoo-hoo, Killer Tomatoes, and more! Demented music list admin O- MiSTie #67,326 ------------------------------ Message-ID: <19980519042034.7203.qmail@hotmail.com> From: "Jason F." Subject: TMBG: Tony Millionaire Date: Mon, 18 May 1998 21:20:33 PDT You may or may not know this but TMBG's favorite animator, Tony Millionaire, has comic strips at http://207.159.127.20/komix_temp/fiftytwo/index.html I got this site by searching for his name. I assume there's more recent stuff somewhere. --Jason-- "Hot Cha, where are you? Everybody's eyes are closed." -They Might Be Giants ______________________________________________________ Get Your Private, Free Email at http://www.hotmail.com ------------------------------ Message-Id: <3.0.1.32.19980518233126.0068b3c0@pop.indy.net> Date: Mon, 18 May 1998 23:31:26 -0400 From: rachel Subject: Re: TMBG: Tony Millionaire ha! so thats the bird's name, drinky crow. i always wondered. cuhrazy! thanks jason. lovies, rachel At 09:20 PM 5/18/98 PDT, you wrote: >You may or may not know this but TMBG's favorite animator, Tony >Millionaire, has comic strips at >http://207.159.127.20/komix_temp/fiftytwo/index.html > >I got this site by searching for his name. I assume there's more recent >stuff somewhere. > > > >--Jason-- > >"Hot Cha, where are you? Everybody's eyes are closed." > -They Might Be Giants > > >______________________________________________________ >Get Your Private, Free Email at http://www.hotmail.com > > ------------------------------ From: KdsInThHal Message-ID: Date: Tue, 19 May 1998 00:34:03 EDT Subject: TMBG: Graham's on Letterman! :) okay well it just ended, but if you're out west, you can still catch it... sarah ------------------------------ From: Cajun Gram Message-ID: <40d78a93.35611a10@aol.com> Date: Tue, 19 May 1998 01:35:11 EDT Subject: TMBG: Driver's License!!! Hey, I just got my license today, and so I had to cruise around town. And what was the first tape I put in the deck you ask? Well, it was Flood, and I had a rockin' good time!!! I was also extra excited becasue I am one of the few people to actually get my license on my birthday!!!! I'm so excited!!! Graham "Hopefully not a NyQuil Driver" Amsden P.S. Sorry to clutter the list with this, but it's semi-TMBG related and my excitement has temporarily clouded my list posting judgement pertion of my brain... ------------------------------ End of tmbg-list Digest #6-19 *****************************