Errors-To: owner-tmbg-digest@tmbg.org Reply-To: tmbg-digest@tmbg.org Sender: owner-tmbg-digest@tmbg.org Precedence: bulk From: owner-tmbg-digest@tmbg.org To: tmbg-digest@tmbg.org Subject: tmbg-list Digest #6-21 tmbg-list Digest, Volume 6, Number 21 Thursday, 21 May 1998 Today's Topics: Re: TMBG: It's Fun to Steal... my excellent day :) Re: TMBG: U vs. IFTS NON-TMBG: Moxy Fruvous TMBG: It's Fun to Steal in .MP3 Re:1/2 TMBG: The search continues... Re: TMBG: Plea for Spondee Re:1/2 TMBG: The search continues... TMBG: Attention People! Re:1/2 TMBG: The search continues... Re: NON TMBG: Hitchhiker's commic Re: TMBG:IFTS Re: TMBG:IFTS Re: TMBG: Attention People! TMBG: IFTS cd booklet Re: TMBG: Attention People! TMBG: tmbg TMBG: Godzilla Re: TMBG: Godzilla Administrivia: If you wish to unsubscribe from this mailing send mail to tmbg-digest-request@tmbg.org for instructions on how to be automatically removed. --------------------------------------------------------------------- The views expressed herein are those of the individual authors. --------------------------------------------------------------------- tmbg-list is digested with Digest 3.5b (John Relph ). ---------------------------------------------------------------------- Date: Wed, 20 May 1998 02:28:15 -0600 (MDT) From: J Kuemmerle Subject: Re: TMBG: It's Fun to Steal... my excellent day :) Message-ID: On Tue, 19 May 1998, Joda: Master of Yedi wrote: > and why does "i'm gonna rock you just one more time, don't make me rock > you again" sound sooo damn familiar? i haven't heard IFTS yet, but i would venture "ondine"... > i reeeally like sister puff's voice... which is crazy because i can only > think of two other female vocalists that i actually like... (JIM enters the room and runs around screaming "maddy prior! maddy prior! maddy prior!" and "oumou sangare! oumou sangare! oumou sangare!" at the top of his lungs before being clubbed over the head with a fruitbat...) seriously, though... which other two? --jim kuemmerle, who's slowly recovering from the fruitbat... j.kuemmerle@m.cc.utah.edu ------------------------------ Message-ID: <3562FF26.4FCD9951@pop3.concentric.net> Date: Wed, 20 May 1998 11:04:55 -0500 From: Anastasia Hunt Organization: bfe Productions Subject: Re: TMBG: U vs. IFTS Matthew James wrote: > Hello, > Well, after some searching I was able to find It's Fun to Steal. I found it too. I went to all the music stores in my area and none had it and some could special order it. So I got home and my friends Dave from Music Etc. (the one punk record store in my area). and told me to come on down, he had something for me. Then it hit me; ME is an indie store. So, I get there and DAve has it in his hand. after this, I'm highly considering marrying him . I am such a happy camper. > > > This album seems kinda 70s and discoey in parts and is not quite the > Devil Went Down to Newport (Totally Rocking). Well, style wise, no. > Exciting and cool stuff! In deed. More of a funky tone to it. I like it a little better than "Unsupervised". My non-TMBG/MP friends like it too. Just chipping in my $0.02, Anastasia ------------------------------ Date: Wed, 20 May 1998 13:02:46 -0400 (EDT) From: Jish Subject: NON-TMBG: Moxy Fruvous Message-ID: I know people have already talked a little about the new Moxy Fruvous CD "Live Noise", but it is sooo amazing. I really think that everybody should go get it :) I just felt I needed to post that...thank you Jish ------------------------------ From: Jaluit 31 Message-ID: <55ea0ad7.35631fcf@aol.com> Date: Wed, 20 May 1998 14:24:14 EDT Subject: TMBG: It's Fun to Steal in .MP3 I have four songs off the new Mono Puff album in .MP3 format. I'd be willing to upload them to anyone who requests them. They are of a pretty decent quality. Mr. Hughes Says Poison Flowers Dedicated What Everybody Knows If you ask for them I will send you all four. It's too much of a pain to have to sort out individual requests. The request lines are open. c a s e y ------------------------------ Message-Id: Date: Wed, 20 May 98 16:19 EDT From: kbrodbec@remcen.ehhs.cmich.edu (Kirsten Brodbeck) Subject: Re:1/2 TMBG: The search continues... >OAUN- Today my order of the Hitchhiker's graphic novel, published by DC >came in, I should be able to go up and get it friday or Saturday yay! >Did any of he other Hitchhiking fans know there's a commic book, or am I >the only one? I was not aware! Yikes, this means I might have to set foot in the scary comics store downtown. I'll have to take my little brother with me for protection... Y'know the comics store guy on The Simpsons? I think he was based on the guy who owns this store... Kirs -- ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ "You think you're so funny, but looks aren't everything." - Lincoln "Wish You Were Dead" Kirsten Brodbeck kbrodbec@remcen.ehhs.cmich.edu AKA Crow ------------------------------ Message-Id: Date: Wed, 20 May 98 16:28 EDT From: kbrodbec@remcen.ehhs.cmich.edu (Kirsten Brodbeck) Subject: Re: TMBG: Plea for Spondee >Anyone have any Spondee stuff they'd be willing to copy for me? :) I'm dying >to hear it, even more so after listning to the new MP cd a lot:) Ditto for me, too. Kirs -- ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ "You think you're so funny, but looks aren't everything." - Lincoln "Wish You Were Dead" Kirsten Brodbeck kbrodbec@remcen.ehhs.cmich.edu AKA Crow ------------------------------ Message-Id: <1.5.4.32.19980520203151.006b8f44@Cybnetonline.com> Date: Wed, 20 May 1998 15:31:51 -0500 From: "The Li'l Depressed Boy" Subject: Re:1/2 TMBG: The search continues... > I was not aware! Yikes, this means I might have to set foot in >the scary comics store downtown. I'll have to take my little brother >with me for protection... Y'know the comics store guy on The Simpsons? I >think he was based on the guy who owns this store... Funny thing is almost every comic store owner is that guy, he was based on Comic Store owners everywhere. And don't dis comicshops, that's where my money shall be made... LDB -- (this site cuts the amount of URL's I put in my Sig) My Web Page Index: http://www.cybnetonline.com/users/njack/ TMBG | D.U.M.B. NEWS | Mr. Gone Font -- Contemporary Cartoon Militia is (C) & TM 1998 S. Steven Struble and Kris W. M. Struble. The Li'l Depressed Boy, Phreeck, Spyder Hunt, and all related characters (C) & TM 1998 S. Steven Struble ------------------------------ From: Happyfroot Message-ID: Date: Wed, 20 May 1998 16:44:08 EDT Subject: TMBG: Attention People! Ok, first of all, we all must EMail the following address: request@wfnx.com. Why? Well, we want TMBG to have some of the 500 best alternative rock songs of all time, don't we? I say we decide on a song, say Birdhouse in Your Soul or Istanbul(although they are not my favorite TMBG songs, they may get requests from other WFNX listeners too) & all send EMails from all our EMail addresses (you actually have to list 3 songs in your EMail...my list will look like the following: 1) Birdhouse In Your Soul: They Might Be Giants, 2) Istanbul: They Might Be Giants, 3) Super Bon Bon: Soul Coughing)...if any other WFNX listeners want to check that EMail, please do so, oh, I'd also recomend subjecting the letter something like: 500 Best Alternative Rock Songs... Also, my TMBG page is nearing a month online. (http://members.xoom.com/poingly) If you remember about a month ago, I said I would like to change the concert up ther about every month...well, I haven't gotten any offers to make me some Real Audio files or anything, so I'm going to ask you all again! Help me share the live experience of TMBG with all people! jason "Whistling in the Dark" glastetter ------------------------------ Message-Id: Date: Wed, 20 May 98 16:51 EDT From: kbrodbec@remcen.ehhs.cmich.edu (Kirsten Brodbeck) Subject: Re:1/2 TMBG: The search continues... >Funny thing is almost every comic store owner is that guy, he was based on >Comic Store owners everywhere. And don't dis comicshops, that's where my >money shall be made... Yes, but he has a cat named Vader who jumped on my head last time I was in there, and tried to gnaw my ear off. :> Kirs -- ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ "You think you're so funny, but looks aren't everything." - Lincoln "Wish You Were Dead" Kirsten Brodbeck kbrodbec@remcen.ehhs.cmich.edu AKA Crow ------------------------------ From: gray42@juno.com Date: Wed, 20 May 1998 17:14:37 -0400 Subject: Re: NON TMBG: Hitchhiker's commic Message-ID: <19980520.171738.3310.0.gray42@juno.com> When I ordered the book, from a bookstore in the mall, the request was sent directly to the publisher because they're supplier no longer had it, so of course it took a lot longer to get to me. The book I ordered is a 15.00 graphic novel so I guess that means it has ALL the issues :D, it may not be too easy to find, I didn't even know about it till I did a search on the internet and came up w/ rare and out of print DNA books. I'm probably going to put a few pics up on my website, just because. I would have already made a commic book of it if it weren't for the fact that I can't draw half normal looking commic book stuff. Gosh I'm so excited :D BTW I also have The Hitchhiker's infocom game if anyone wants it, very small file (since its so simple) It's one of my favorites :) via E-mail of course Mysterio Gal (fellow Subgenius & Happy Mutant) " If there were no doorknobs nobody would be abel to open the doors. Everybody would die" --Claire (age 6) ICQ# 9585405 MST3K#88182 gray42@juno.com http://www.geocities.com/SoHo/Coffeehouse/4871 _____________________________________________________________________ You don't need to buy Internet access to use free Internet e-mail. Get completely free e-mail from Juno at http://www.juno.com Or call Juno at (800) 654-JUNO [654-5866] ------------------------------ From: mr.train@juno.com Date: Wed, 20 May 1998 17:30:41 -0400 Subject: Re: TMBG:IFTS Message-ID: <19980520.173041.4398.0.Mr.Train@juno.com> I started thinking about this today: What is the first (and perhaps fututre) singles from It's Fun To Steal? What would you recommend as a single? Maybe we can find out which ones it will NOT be that way... I still don't have it... wahh... I'll check next week... Tim, the second largest navy in mirrorland Miscellaneous Tim AKA TMB(do)G AKA Tambo (IRC) AKA Mr.Train (OML) Favorite TMBG song update: Youth Culture Killed My Dog Last CD purchase: CPD - Zoot Suit Riot Favorite mainstream song: Riot Nerd - 2 Skinnee Js _____________________________________________________________________ You don't need to buy Internet access to use free Internet e-mail. Get completely free e-mail from Juno at http://www.juno.com Or call Juno at (800) 654-JUNO [654-5866] ------------------------------ From: KdsInThHal Message-ID: <989693a8.35636bce@aol.com> Date: Wed, 20 May 1998 19:48:29 EDT Subject: Re: Re: TMBG:IFTS In a message dated 5/20/98 5:34:32 PM, mr.train@juno.com wrote: >I started thinking about this today: >What is the first (and perhaps fututre) singles from It's Fun To Steal? >What would you recommend as a single? Maybe we can find out which ones it >will NOT be that way... >I still don't have it... wahh... I'll check next week... Hmm... I'd say (in order).. backstabbing liar, title track, imginary friend. they sound the most radio friendly. sarah... rotaing moxy and m'puff. :) ------------------------------ Date: Wed, 20 May 1998 17:34:09 -0700 (PDT) From: leonard helfgott Subject: Re: TMBG: Attention People! Message-ID: I say spy ------------------------------ Date: Wed, 20 May 1998 19:02:58 -0600 Subject: TMBG: IFTS cd booklet Message-ID: <19980520.191022.11102.0.TMBgirl@juno.com> From: tmbgirl@juno.com (Joda: Master of Yedi) Hey Hey! as you open the cd booklet on it's fun to steal there's a picture in the top left hand corner of like a piece of paper with a list of stuff on it... what i can make out on it: Lunchbox Gas Mask sumthin sumthin Coffee anyone else have any ideas on what it says? take it easy, JOrdaN http://www2.netcom.com/~arnot/joda/bootlegs.html :::MAY 30th: Run DMC (AW YEEEAH!!!), Crystal Method, Ben Harper, Aquabats, Specials, Big Bad Voodoo Daddy, Eve 6, Foo Fighters, UltraHorse, and 15 others::: _____________________________________________________________________ You don't need to buy Internet access to use free Internet e-mail. Get completely free e-mail from Juno at http://www.juno.com Or call Juno at (800) 654-JUNO [654-5866] ------------------------------ Date: Wed, 20 May 1998 19:14:16 -0600 Subject: Re: TMBG: Attention People! Message-ID: <19980520.191423.11102.4.TMBgirl@juno.com> From: tmbgirl@juno.com (Joda: Master of Yedi) hEY HEy! > I say we decide on a song, say Birdhouse in Your >Soul or >Istanbul(although they are not my favorite TMBG songs, they may get >requests >from other WFNX listeners too) & all send EMails from all our EMail >addresses if you're reeeally intent on having Them win... i would have to suggest juno. it's free, and you can have as many e-mail accounts as you want... (personally i think i have about 8) and you can always delete each account when you're done... take it easy, JOrdaN http://www2.netcom.com/~arnot/joda/bootlegs.html :::MAY 30th: Run DMC (AW YEEEAH!!!), Crystal Method, Ben Harper, Aquabats, Specials, Big Bad Voodoo Daddy, Eve 6, Foo Fighters, UltraHorse, and 15 others::: _____________________________________________________________________ You don't need to buy Internet access to use free Internet e-mail. Get completely free e-mail from Juno at http://www.juno.com Or call Juno at (800) 654-JUNO [654-5866] ------------------------------ Date: Wed, 20 May 1998 21:35:02 -0400 Subject: TMBG: tmbg Message-ID: <19980520.213502.3806.0.erda@juno.com> From: erda@juno.com (k e h) does anyone have a set list for the concert on 29-oct-94 at irving plaza? _____________________________________________________________________ You don't need to buy Internet access to use free Internet e-mail. Get completely free e-mail from Juno at http://www.juno.com Or call Juno at (800) 654-JUNO [654-5866] ------------------------------ Message-ID: <19980521015153.13624.qmail@hotmail.com> From: "Jason F." Subject: TMBG: Godzilla Date: Wed, 20 May 1998 18:51:53 PDT Someone had to mention Godzilla, didn't they? Does anyone else have the new Godzilla soundtrack? It is amazing in my opinion. It has a star-studded lineup with the Wallflowers, Puff Daddy featuring Jimmy Page (I know you're all shuddering about the mention of Puff Daddy but Jimmy Page adds a nice touch), Jamiroquai, Rage Against the Machine, Ben Folds Five, (Air is a great song), Days of the New, Foo Fighters, Green Day, Silverchair, and others. Now, for the REAL post: The Godzilla soundtrack has a song called Undercover by someone called Joey DeLuxe. I've never heard of him, maybe someone else has. Anyway, is it me or is this song 1. Very good, and 2. Amazingly similar to TMBG. The singing is very similar to Linnell's voice, the music sounds like it's right off of John Henry, and to top it all off, there's a spy theme. (I realize a spy song would probably be Mr. Flansburgh's but you see my point). Then again, maybe I'm just hearing things that aren't there. Either way, the cd is definetely worth buying if you have any money left after the other cd's that came out this week. Let me know if you see a similarity : ) --Jason-- "Hot Cha, where are you? Everybody's eyes are closed." -They Might Be Giants ______________________________________________________ Get Your Private, Free Email at http://www.hotmail.com ------------------------------ From: KdsInThHal Message-ID: Date: Wed, 20 May 1998 22:04:16 EDT Subject: Re: TMBG: Godzilla In a message dated 5/20/98 9:52:44 PM, hotcha57@hotmail.com wrote: >Does anyone else have the new Godzilla soundtrack? It is amazing in my >opinion. It has a star-studded lineup with the Wallflowers, bleh. >Puff Daddy >featuring Jimmy Page (I know you're all shuddering about the mention of >Puff Daddy but Jimmy Page adds a nice touch), yiiick! >Jamiroquai, eenh. >Rage Against >the Machine, bleeeeh! >Ben Folds Five, (Air is a great song), :) :) :) > Days of the New who? >, Foo >Fighters, they're pretty good. >Green Day, *yawn* >Silverchair, bleh! okay, I guess I should have just said.. "gee, the only track that I would buy it for is BF5.." but I went the long route. :) I doubt I'll be buying it, unless I find a used copy for like, $5. As far as I'm concerned.. there's just 2 new cd's this week worth buying.. :) and I got them.. ------------------------------ End of tmbg-list Digest #6-21 *****************************