Errors-To: owner-tmbg-digest@tmbg.org Reply-To: tmbg-digest@tmbg.org Sender: owner-tmbg-digest@tmbg.org Precedence: bulk From: owner-tmbg-digest@tmbg.org To: tmbg-digest@tmbg.org Subject: tmbg-list Digest #6-24 tmbg-list Digest, Volume 6, Number 24 Sunday, 24 May 1998 Today's Topics: TMBG: TMBG- Monopuff and people's tastes TMBG: IFTS and Star Wars TMBG: It's Fun To Steal NON-TMBG: IFTS Re: TMBG: IFTS/ borders plug TMBG: Poison Cola Administrivia: If you wish to unsubscribe from this mailing send mail to tmbg-digest-request@tmbg.org for instructions on how to be automatically removed. --------------------------------------------------------------------- The views expressed herein are those of the individual authors. --------------------------------------------------------------------- tmbg-list is digested with Digest 3.5b (John Relph ). ---------------------------------------------------------------------- From: NitpickR Message-ID: <3f2ca05f.3566f9d7@aol.com> Date: Sat, 23 May 1998 12:31:18 EDT Subject: TMBG: TMBG- Monopuff and people's tastes Hello 41- I may be stepping on people's toes with this, but I guess that's life. It seems to me that it shows the range of a person's musical taste by how much and whether or not they like Monopuff's new album. It is distinctly non-TMBG and the album sounds pretty non-rock for TMBG/Monopuff. This partially goes with the same arguement that a lot of people don't or didn't like Joshua Fried's remix of The World's Address, but some people got over it because it was TMBG. Just ramblin', like root beer, Adam ------------------------------ Date: Sat, 23 May 1998 11:33:35 -0500 (CDT) Message-Id: <199805231633.LAA26068@ns2.accesscomm.net> From: Kristen Maxwell Subject: TMBG: IFTS and Star Wars Hey now everybody, I was listenin to my nifty new Mono Puff album, and I think i have found something pretty cool. At the very end of Poison Flowers, there is a sample that sounds to me like a clip from Star Wars. As far as i can tell, it says "It's a hit!?!" If im not mistaken, somebody in the rebel command says it during the death star battle in Star Wars when red leader launches his torpedo at the target shaft. I am a bina fied starwars nut, so im about 99.9% sure that's what this sis, but I wanted to know if anyone could corroborate this for me... Yours in geekdom, The D. ------------------------------ Date: Sat, 23 May 1998 13:49:58 -0700 (PDT) From: "J. Brown" Subject: TMBG: It's Fun To Steal Message-ID: Hello All! Until Monday night I had no idea that there was a new Mono Puff album coming out. I went to Tower at Midnight on my way home from the library to pick up the New Sean Lennon album (it's pretty darn good!) and the new Rhino Collection of Songs Elvis Costello wrote for other people. I found the Sean Lennon disc pretty easily on the New Release cart, but while searching for the Elvis Costello disc i discovered a New Mono Puff album! Oh Happy Day! I was pleasently surprised to say the least. I really like IFTS. I thought Unsupervised was great but it seemed like half the songs could have been TMBG and the other half were something more distinct. With IFTS every song is very Mono Puff and there aren't any songs that would fit with TMBG material. Which is a good thing because whats the use of having Mono Puff its just TMBG-y stuff with a different. The highlights of the album are probably Its Fun to Steal, Creepy, mr. Hughes Says, and Hillbilly Drummer Girl. Although Mono Puff's Hillybilly Drummer Girl doesn't compare to the Young Fresh Fellow's Original,but maybe thats just a hometown bias :-) Jason Wilson Brown History & Canadian Studies Major President- GEEK The Secret Society of the College Bowl ringostr@u.washington.edu & geekbowl@u.washington.edu P.O. Box 45822 Seattle, WA 98145-0822 (206) 632-4905 "Thought I knew all the steps quite clearly, I don't have a clue" -Elvis Costello ------------------------------ Date: Sat, 23 May 1998 17:19:46 -0400 Subject: NON-TMBG: IFTS Message-ID: <19980523.172101.2782.0.johnhenry5@juno.com> From: johnhenry5@juno.com (Andy Nichols) Hi everybody. I just got my little E!-online newsletter and much to my surprise they listed Mono Puff's new cd under the new releases of May 26. What's up with that? Did they just mess up or somethin', because obviously it was released before then. I'm pretty confused. Not like that's unusual for me. Andy Nichols _____________________________________________________________________ You don't need to buy Internet access to use free Internet e-mail. Get completely free e-mail from Juno at http://www.juno.com Or call Juno at (800) 654-JUNO [654-5866] ------------------------------ Message-ID: <356775EB.382B@erols.com> Date: Sat, 23 May 1998 21:20:43 -0400 From: Zydell Subject: Re: TMBG: IFTS/ borders plug > matt wrote: > > >As for IFTS- I actually had the total opposite experience as most, for I > > found > > >a large abundance of copies. I purchased the first one I found, which was as > > >a local record store called crazy rhythms (the last one left), and when I > > went > > >to Borders later that day, they had four copies left. > > > > > exzactly, anyone who's having trouble finding a copy go to borders. Not me! I went to Borders and after 5 minutes of the kid grilling me about Mono puff (are you sure its not a book?), he told me they would get it in 2 weeks. Oh, and they would only be getting ONE copy. nancy ------------------------------ Message-Id: <3.0.5.32.19980523185131.00819490@pop.teleport.com> Date: Sat, 23 May 1998 18:51:31 -0700 From: Kerry Biggs Subject: TMBG: Poison Cola By the way, to correct some people, "Poison Flowers" was never a TMBG song, and was released on one of the Hello Mono Puff discs before Flans used it (with some alternate lyrics) in that Coke radio commercial. Kerry ------------------------------ End of tmbg-list Digest #6-24 *****************************