Errors-To: owner-tmbg-digest@tmbg.org Reply-To: tmbg-digest@tmbg.org Sender: owner-tmbg-digest@tmbg.org Precedence: bulk From: owner-tmbg-digest@tmbg.org To: tmbg-digest@tmbg.org Subject: tmbg-list Digest #6-25 tmbg-list Digest, Volume 6, Number 25 Monday, 25 May 1998 Today's Topics: TMBG: q101 jamboree TMBG: Poison Flowers TMBG:Calling D-A-S collect SemiTMBG:Who's married to who? Re: SemiTMBG:Who's married to who? Re: SemiTMBG:Who's married to who? Re: SemiTMBG:Who's married to who? Re: SemiTMBG:Who's married to who? Re: SemiTMBG:Who's married to who? Re: SemiTMBG:Who's married to who? TMBG: The 7th TMBG reference in my entire life Re: SemiTMBG:Who's married to who? TMBG: Puffs Administrivia: If you wish to unsubscribe from this mailing send mail to tmbg-digest-request@tmbg.org for instructions on how to be automatically removed. --------------------------------------------------------------------- The views expressed herein are those of the individual authors. --------------------------------------------------------------------- tmbg-list is digested with Digest 3.5b (John Relph ). ---------------------------------------------------------------------- From: CharlieDs Message-ID: <244127bc.3567c785@aol.com> Date: Sun, 24 May 1998 03:08:51 EDT Subject: TMBG: q101 jamboree i saw them today at the q101 jamboree. it was a very pleasant experience as usual, but the crowd was very wrong. they were very roudy and yuckie. but i caught some of the money confettie from the cannon. peace deets ------------------------------ From: Happyfroot Message-ID: <5cb51cf8.35683174@aol.com> Date: Sun, 24 May 1998 10:40:51 EDT Subject: TMBG: Poison Flowers >>By the way, to correct some people, "Poison Flowers" was never a TMBG song, TMBG has actually played this live at least once, I believe. So, maybe when they did it live, Linnell added his own little spin on it, which Flans liked & later engulfed into the IFTS version....just a thought, not neccessarily truth.... It's similar to those problems of when a rooster lays an egg on a roof, which side does it roll down??? jason "roosters who lay eggs are hemaprodites" glastetter ------------------------------ Message-ID: <35685487.D1B042E8@mix-net.net> Date: Sun, 24 May 1998 17:10:35 +0000 From: "Chris \"Feeny\" Campbell" Subject: TMBG:Calling D-A-S collect Once in a while I am near a pay phone and I call dial-a-song collect, I hear the first 15 seconds of the song and the operator comes on and usually dissconnects me, but yesterday Dr.Worm came on and the operator siad "Hey, thats They Might Be Giants, I heard that at their concert" And we talked for a while and she had to go. I've only done this like 3 times, don't wan't to get in trouble with the FCC! Happy Dail-a-songin' -Chris "Feeny" Campbell ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ TMBG SHRINE! Http://www.mix-net.net/~ccampbell E-mail -feeny@tmbg.org ------------------------------ Message-ID: <356859A6.FFABA1BA@mix-net.net> Date: Sun, 24 May 1998 17:32:22 +0000 From: "Chris \"Feeny\" Campbell" Subject: SemiTMBG:Who's married to who? I know both johns are married but to who? Is Flansy married to Sister or Lady puff? Thanks! IFTS KICKS!!!! It's fun to steal (the song) sounds really radio freindly, request it at you favorite radio station -- -Chris "Feeny" Campbell ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ TMBG SHRINE! Http://www.mix-net.net/~ccampbell E-mail - feeny@tmbg.org ------------------------------ Message-ID: <3568BD99.53B5@fuse.net> Date: Sun, 24 May 1998 17:38:49 -0700 From: jays your one-paged dictionary Organization: dial-a-song! 718-287-6962, narrrrrrrrr! Subject: Re: SemiTMBG:Who's married to who? Chris "Feeny" Campbell wrote: > > I know both johns are married but to who? Is Flansy married to Sister or > Lady puff? > Thanks! > don't know about linny, but flansie's married to one lady puff--kate flannery. peace, love, and good happiness stuff, jay -- jayhc--always accurate, constant, and intense. e-mail: sirjamez@fuse.net, phonebook@tmbg.org aol im: SaturnChrd, PhoneBookJ irc: PhoneBook "and sadly the cross-eyed bear's been put to sleep behind the stairs, and his shoes are laced with irony." --tmbg "Hey, some people take drugs and some people like to have sex all day, I like to watch my bees as I make music, so what." --steve vai -- ------------------------------ Message-ID: <35689438.75085DA7@pop3.concentric.net> Date: Sun, 24 May 1998 16:42:16 -0500 From: Anastasia Hunt Organization: bfe Productions Subject: Re: SemiTMBG:Who's married to who? jays your one-paged dictionary wrote: > don't know about linny, but flansie's married to one lady puff--kate > flannery. I thought he was married to Robin Goldwasser! Spike ------------------------------ Message-ID: <35685CEF.FFE60EAD@mix-net.net> Date: Sun, 24 May 1998 17:46:24 +0000 From: "Chris \"Feeny\" Campbell" Subject: Re: SemiTMBG:Who's married to who? I think its Robin, I read it somwere but I'm not positive. Anastasia Hunt wrote: > jays your one-paged dictionary wrote: > > > don't know about linny, but flansie's married to one lady puff--kate > > flannery. > > I thought he was married to Robin Goldwasser! > > Spike -- -Chris "fEenY" Campbell ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ TMBG SHRINE! Http://www.mix-net.net/~ccampbell E-mail - ccampbell@mix-net.net Or At - feeny@tmbg.org ----"No one understands, No one knows my plan" -John Linnell, ----"A note to myself, do the dumb things I gotta do, touch the puppet head" -John Flansburgh They Might Be Giants ------------------------------ Message-ID: <3568C0E2.4EC4@fuse.net> Date: Sun, 24 May 1998 17:52:51 -0700 From: jays your one-paged dictionary Organization: dial-a-song! 718-287-6962, narrrrrrrrr! Subject: Re: SemiTMBG:Who's married to who? Chris "Feeny" Campbell wrote: > > I think its Robin, I read it somwere but I'm not positive. > i could be wrong, but i'm almost positive i heard it was lady puff to whom he was married. *shrug* jay -- jayhc--always accurate, constant, and intense. e-mail: sirjamez@fuse.net, phonebook@tmbg.org aol im: SaturnChrd, PhoneBookJ irc: PhoneBook "and sadly the cross-eyed bear's been put to sleep behind the stairs, and his shoes are laced with irony." --tmbg "Hey, some people take drugs and some people like to have sex all day, I like to watch my bees as I make music, so what." --steve vai -- ------------------------------ Message-Id: <3.0.1.32.19980524175259.0069ce5c@mail.clemson.edu> Date: Sun, 24 May 1998 17:52:59 -0400 From: Adam Tyner Subject: Re: SemiTMBG:Who's married to who? It's definitely Robin. -Adam At 05:52 PM 5/24/98 -0700, jays your one-paged dictionary wrote: > >i could be wrong, but i'm almost positive i heard it was lady puff to >whom he was married. http://www.he-man.org/ctyner http://www.awod.com/gallery/rwav/ctyner/ The home of He-Man, "Weird Al", Yoo-hoo, Killer Tomatoes, and more! Demented music list admin O- MiSTie #67,326 ------------------------------ Message-ID: <3568C2FE.4D3B@fuse.net> Date: Sun, 24 May 1998 18:01:50 -0700 From: jays your one-paged dictionary Organization: dial-a-song! 718-287-6962, narrrrrrrrr! Subject: Re: SemiTMBG:Who's married to who? Adam Tyner wrote: > > It's definitely Robin. > > -Adam > woah. slap me silly, call me suzy, and bonk my head two million times. i was wrong. :) peace, love, and good happiness stuff, jay. -- jayhc--constant and intense, but not always accurate. e-mail: sirjamez@fuse.net, phonebook@tmbg.org aol im: SaturnChrd, PhoneBookJ irc: PhoneBook "and sadly the cross-eyed bear's been put to sleep behind the stairs, and his shoes are laced with irony." --tmbg "Hey, some people take drugs and some people like to have sex all day, I like to watch my bees as I make music, so what." --steve vai -- ------------------------------ From: filthyscarecrow@webtv.net Message-Id: <199805242217.PAA11638@mailtod-152.iap.bryant.webtv.net> Date: Sun, 24 May 1998 17:17:28 -0500 Subject: TMBG: The 7th TMBG reference in my entire life Today at Toys 'R' Us they were playing Istanbul on the store's radio/intercom system. I was so excited, that I said "Yeah!". " But we were expressin' ourselves!" -Flansy OH NO POP IS DEAD "most cartoons aren't broadcast live; it's a terrible strain on the animator's wrist" ------------------------------ Date: Sun, 24 May 1998 17:41:09 -0600 Subject: Re: SemiTMBG:Who's married to who? Message-ID: <19980524.174123.11118.2.TMBgirl@juno.com> From: tmbgirl@juno.com (Joda: Master of Yedi) >I know both johns are married but to who? Is Flansy married to Sister >or >Lady puff? Flansy is married to sister puff... Robin Goldwasser, who also sings in Spondee (an extra special Hello band). Linnell is married to someone named karen... that's pretty much all we know bouts her. >It's fun to steal (the song) sounds really radio freindly, request it >at >you favorite radio station yeah, if you have like a "ska" station or a station that plays ska try requesting it there... on ktcl in denver they have a show "Ska-tcl" that's like an hour long... the dj played IFTS and totally dug it :) take it easy, JOrdaN http://www2.netcom.com/~arnot/joda/bootlegs.html :::Founding member of the OOtah (utah) clan '97::: :::Wasatch, wasatch, wasatch with you?::: _____________________________________________________________________ You don't need to buy Internet access to use free Internet e-mail. Get completely free e-mail from Juno at http://www.juno.com Or call Juno at (800) 654-JUNO [654-5866] ------------------------------ From: mjames@envy.loyola.edu (Matthew James) Message-Id: <9805242353.AA04758@envy.loyola.edu> Subject: TMBG: Puffs Date: Sun, 24 May 1998 19:53:05 -0400 (EDT) > > I think its Robin, I read it somwere but I'm not positive. > > > > Anastasia Hunt wrote: > > > > > jays your one-paged dictionary wrote: > > > > > > > don't know about linny, but flansie's married to one lady puff--kate > > > > flannery. > > > > > > I thought he was married to Robin Goldwasser! > > > > > > Spike Kate Flannery is Lady Puff, she is a friend of Sister Puff (Robin Goldwasser) and John Flansburgh who are married to each other. -Matt -- Matt James mjames@greed.loyola.edu Loyola College in Baltimore, MD Bruce Campbell Gazette: www.bcgazette.com ------------------------------ End of tmbg-list Digest #6-25 *****************************