Errors-To: owner-tmbg-digest@tmbg.org Reply-To: tmbg-digest@tmbg.org Sender: owner-tmbg-digest@tmbg.org Precedence: bulk From: owner-tmbg-digest@tmbg.org To: tmbg-digest@tmbg.org Subject: tmbg-list Digest #6-26 tmbg-list Digest, Volume 6, Number 26 Tuesday, 26 May 1998 Today's Topics: TMBG: Re: tmbg-list Digest #6-25 Re: TMBG: List stages TMBG: what were the original words? (was: "List stages") Re: TMBG: what were the original words? (was: "List stages") Re: TMBG: what were the original words? (was: "List stages") Re: TMBG: what were the original words? (was: "List stages") TMBG: New Moxy Fruvous Trask Listing TMBG: tmbg video? Re: TMBG: what were the original words? (was: "List stages") TMBG: sensurround differences / moxy track listing TMBG: they might be giants ska / punk tribute album!!! Re: TMBG:Sensurround TMBG: we might be giants, too. Re: TMBG: they might be giants ska / punk tribute album!!! Re: TMBG: they might be giants ska / punk tribute album!!! TMBG: Sister Puff Semi-TMBG: Quake, SH2, WDTSS? and da Man! Very Very NON TMBG:The TRUMAN Show TMBG: I t's Fun To Steal at Borders Re: TMBG: we might be giants, too. Re: Very Very NON TMBG:The TRUMAN Show Re: Semi-TMBG: Quake, SH2, WDTSS? and da Man! Re: TMBG: we might be giants, too. TMBG: Leffel Update Re: TMBG: New Moxy Fruvous Trask Listing Administrivia: If you wish to unsubscribe from this mailing send mail to tmbg-digest-request@tmbg.org for instructions on how to be automatically removed. --------------------------------------------------------------------- The views expressed herein are those of the individual authors. --------------------------------------------------------------------- tmbg-list is digested with Digest 3.5b (John Relph ). ---------------------------------------------------------------------- Message-Id: <199805250744.IAA15219@boober.lineone.net> From: p_turner@lineone.net Date: Mon, 25 May 1998 08:46:21 +0000 Subject: TMBG: Re: tmbg-list Digest #6-25 filthyscarecrow@webtv.net wrote: > Today at Toys 'R' Us they were playing Istanbul on the store's > radio/intercom system. I was so excited, that I said "Yeah!". Shame it wasn't Toddler Hiway! Paul ------------------------------ Message-Id: <199805251624.MAA02353@elvis.vnet.net> From: "Could be an Illusion" Date: Mon, 25 May 1998 12:25:28 -0500 Subject: Re: TMBG: List stages -----BEGIN PGP SIGNED MESSAGE----- On Fri, 15 May 1998 11:33:40 -0400, Jonathan Chaffer wrote: Yobba... >5. Dormancy. Listee begins scanning subject lines and only reading messages >that look intriguing. Posts become rare, and when they occur, they have a >"when I was your age" tone. What do you call the stage where you read every post, but only respond once a month? :) =] Carl Hudkins + Tape list available at =--> http://users.vnet.net/chud/ [y ] [t =] "If Mom had known she was expecting, she might've gone to St. John's [h ] instead of drinking her fill with a Sudafed..." [e =] --words I heard, instead of the real ones by They Might Be Giants [r -----BEGIN PGP SIGNATURE----- Version: 2.6.2 Comment: Would you send mail without an envelope? iQCVAwUBNWmbd75BFpotHh45AQFZPQQAyZ+1GpbwxuJH2CI2DtJLA2RfNbQH8Ebz aBvqIHz70PbTsy4PKTAhaoTLkonfF/4AfdqHLN1Xe6Zhs03VycPRYSq2vnw6YR6w Afel3rKyqWpG9619U35yGw6CKVLLmdB1M4OFHCsk0jhI5XE0+Gxq/amYl0BYyRbo ctlNg4f8XOo= =fCOJ -----END PGP SIGNATURE----- ------------------------------ Date: Mon, 25 May 1998 12:57:33 -0600 (MDT) From: J Kuemmerle Subject: TMBG: what were the original words? (was: "List stages") Message-ID: > "If Mom had known she was expecting, she might've gone to St. John's > instead of drinking her fill with a Sudafed..." > --words I heard, instead of the real ones by They Might Be Giants what, pray tell, was the original song you were mishearing? --jim kuemmerle, who has killed old what's-his-face and lady mondegreen... j.kuemmerle@m.cc.utah.edu ------------------------------ Message-ID: <003401bd880f$f693a4c0$3c321ed1@refund.rcn.nmt.edu> From: "Refund" Subject: Re: TMBG: what were the original words? (was: "List stages") Date: Mon, 25 May 1998 13:04:35 -0600 "If Mom had known she was expecting, she might have gone to see Jaws / instead of picking the film where the sound effects came right up through the floor / and I'd be differently formed. Sensurround..." From Sensurround, off of the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers soundtrack, and the S E X X Y single. Signed, Nick Wolf, TMBG Ambassador to the state of New Mexico. -----Original Message----- From: J Kuemmerle To: The TMBG Mailing List Date: Monday, May 25, 1998 1:01 PM Subject: TMBG: what were the original words? (was: "List stages") > >> "If Mom had known she was expecting, she might've gone to St. John's >> instead of drinking her fill with a Sudafed..." >> --words I heard, instead of the real ones by They Might Be Giants > >what, pray tell, was the original song you were mishearing? > >--jim kuemmerle, who has killed old what's-his-face and lady mondegreen... > >j.kuemmerle@m.cc.utah.edu > ------------------------------ Message-ID: <356990B0.B9D67A60@mix-net.net> Date: Mon, 25 May 1998 15:39:32 +0000 From: "Chris \"Feeny\" Campbell" Subject: Re: TMBG: what were the original words? (was: "List stages") I have it on the sexxy cd, is it the same song/mix/version that is on the MMPR soundtrack? > >From Sensurround, off of the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers soundtrack, and > the S E X X Y single. -Chris "Feeny" ------------------------------ From: Cajun Gram Message-ID: <6457b262.3569ca6a@aol.com> Date: Mon, 25 May 1998 15:45:44 EDT Subject: Re: TMBG: what were the original words? (was: "List stages") >I have it on the sexxy cd, is it the same song/mix/version that is on the MMPR >soundtrack? > >From Sensurround, off of the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers soundtrack, and > the S E X X Y single. >-Chris "Feeny"< My friend, who has both says they are different. Something about the break in the middle with the instrumentation, though I'm not too sure what... Graham ------------------------------ From: Cajun Gram Message-ID: <2624ae63.3569cabe@aol.com> Date: Mon, 25 May 1998 15:47:09 EDT Subject: TMBG: New Moxy Fruvous Trask Listing I was wondering if somebody who has bought the album could post the track list for me. I would bbe very appreciative if you could. Thanks... Graham ------------------------------ Date: Mon, 25 May 1998 15:50:23 -0400 Subject: TMBG: tmbg video? Message-ID: <19980525.155024.13262.1.erda@juno.com> From: erda@juno.com (g loworm) does anyone have a video of these two shows at irving plaza? 14-feb-97 21-feb-97 _____________________________________________________________________ You don't need to buy Internet access to use free Internet e-mail. Get completely free e-mail from Juno at http://www.juno.com Or call Juno at (800) 654-JUNO [654-5866] ------------------------------ Message-Id: <3.0.1.32.19980525154652.006a45cc@mail.clemson.edu> Date: Mon, 25 May 1998 15:46:52 -0400 From: Adam Tyner Subject: Re: TMBG: what were the original words? (was: "List stages") At 03:39 PM 5/25/98 +0000, Chris \"Feeny\" Campbell wrote: >I have it on the sexxy cd, is it the same song/mix/version that is on the MMPR >soundtrack? The bridge is different, and the tempo on the SEXXY version is a bit faster. -Adam http://www.he-man.org/ctyner http://www.awod.com/gallery/rwav/ctyner/ The home of He-Man, "Weird Al", Yoo-hoo, Killer Tomatoes, and more! Demented music list admin O- MiSTie #67,326 ------------------------------ From: KdsInThHal Message-ID: <790f8cdc.3569d819@aol.com> Date: Mon, 25 May 1998 16:44:08 EDT Subject: TMBG: sensurround differences / moxy track listing >My friend, who has both says they are different. Something about the break in >the middle with the instrumentation, though I'm not too sure what... on the MMPR one they go "ba ba da da ba ba da da... " and on the SEXXY one (almost 2 mins into the song), it's the spacey break that I don't know how to describe:) and that was my tmbg content.. ---------- >I was wondering if somebody who has bought the album could post the track list >for me. I would bbe very appreciative if you could. Thanks... michigan militia / jockey full of bourbon / intra pennsylvania rivalry / horeshoes / good date band / fly / boo time / kirk king intro / king of spain / lowest highest point / bj don't cry / johnny saucep'n / nature sounds / gotta get a message to you / bunch of authors / naked puppets / no no raja / video bargainville / kasparov vs. deep blue / psycho killer / losers / king of spain (cranky monarch version) / the drinking song i just saw moxy again on saturday.. :) :) videotaped the instore and bootleged the concert.. all you people should get into Moxy Fruvous... *most* of you will absolutely love them. ;) I saw plenty of TMBG shirts at the concert. ^_^ sarah~ linnellgirl@tmbg.org http://lava.home.ml.org ------------------------------ From: Plaguerat2 Message-ID: Date: Mon, 25 May 1998 16:48:56 EDT Subject: TMBG: they might be giants ska / punk tribute album!!! ok.. havent posted here in a long time..but heres whats up my miniscule record label , asbestos records is putting together a compilation of mainly ska and punk covers of tmbg songs as a tribute to john and john so far signed on.. spring heeled jack - your racist friend sgt scagnetti - hey mr dj jiker - cowtown nigel 6 - ana ng big d and the kids table - ? drywater - ? the reformed - dont let start the flat fives - fingertips or space suit if anyone out there is interested let me know...... ------------------------------ Message-ID: <3569A6C9.7E9FE52E@mix-net.net> Date: Mon, 25 May 1998 17:13:48 +0000 From: "Chris \"Feeny\" Campbell" Subject: Re: TMBG:Sensurround > Could someone put an mp3 up of this, please :-? Sensurround is to fast, well > after putting "Taste the Bass" on repeat! > > Thanx :-bye > > > At 03:39 PM 5/25/98 +0000, Chris \"Feeny\" Campbell wrote: > > >I have it on the sexxy cd, is it the same song/mix/version that is on the > > MMPR > > >soundtrack? > > > > The bridge is different, and the tempo on the SEXXY version is a bit faster. > > -- > -Chris "Feeny" Campbell > ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ > TMBG SHRINE! > Http://www.mix-net.net/~ccampbell > > E-mail - ccampbell@mix-net.net > Or At - feeny@tmbg.org > > ----"No one understands, No one knows my plan" -John Linnell, > ----"A note to myself, do the dumb things I gotta do, touch the puppet head" > -John Flansburgh > They Might Be Giants ------------------------------ From: tmbgirl@juno.com Date: Mon, 25 May 1998 15:14:57 -0600 Subject: TMBG: we might be giants, too. Message-ID: <19980525.151509.13166.1.TMBgirl@juno.com> On Mon, 25 May 1998 16:48:56 EDT Plaguerat2 writes: >ok.. havent posted here in a long time..but heres whats up > >my miniscule record label , asbestos records is putting together a >compilation >of mainly ska and punk covers of tmbg songs as a tribute to john and >john uhm... anybody remember a little project, "we might be giants, too." anyone want to inform us what's goin on with that? take it easy, JOrdaN http://www2.netcom.com/~arnot/joda/bootlegs.html _____________________________________________________________________ You don't need to buy Internet access to use free Internet e-mail. Get completely free e-mail from Juno at http://www.juno.com Or call Juno at (800) 654-JUNO [654-5866] ------------------------------ From: Cajun Gram Message-ID: Date: Mon, 25 May 1998 17:25:31 EDT Subject: Re: TMBG: they might be giants ska / punk tribute album!!! In a message dated 98-05-25 16:50:20 EDT, you write: << my miniscule record label , asbestos records is putting together a compilation of mainly ska and punk covers of tmbg songs as a tribute to john and john >> You know what song would sound really good with a ska remake? Lucky Ball and Chain. Just posting my two cents about that, but seriously, I think it would... Graham "The UNsucessful Lurker" Amsden ------------------------------ Message-Id: <1.5.4.32.19980525220402.006b7870@Cybnetonline.com> Date: Mon, 25 May 1998 17:04:02 -0500 From: "The Li'l Depressed Boy" Subject: Re: TMBG: they might be giants ska / punk tribute album!!! Um, you sure you wanna pay royalties on that? LDB At 04:48 PM 5/25/98 EDT, Plaguerat2 wrote: >ok.. havent posted here in a long time..but heres whats up > >my miniscule record label , asbestos records is putting together a compilation >of mainly ska and punk covers of tmbg songs as a tribute to john and john > >so far signed on.. > >spring heeled jack - your racist friend >sgt scagnetti - hey mr dj >jiker - cowtown >nigel 6 - ana ng >big d and the kids table - ? >drywater - ? >the reformed - dont let start >the flat fives - fingertips or space suit > >if anyone out there is interested let me know...... > > > -- (this site cuts the amount of URL's I put in my Sig) My Web Page Index: http://www.cybnetonline.com/users/njack/ TMBG | D.U.M.B. NEWS | Mr. Gone Font -- Contemporary Cartoon Militia is (C) & TM 1998 S. Steven Struble and Kris W. M. Struble. The Li'l Depressed Boy, Phreeck, Spyder Hunt, and all related characters (C) & TM 1998 S. Steven Struble ------------------------------ From: Happyfroot Message-ID: <8a14a0e.3569fbb8@aol.com> Date: Mon, 25 May 1998 19:16:07 EDT Subject: TMBG: Sister Puff Does anybody else think it's weird that after Flans created a band called Mono Puff, he let his wife in the band & called her "Sister Puff." I don't know about the rest of you, but that suggests something, well...I won't go into it.... Also, I bought It's Fun To Steal at Circut City today for $13. I like it a lot, but I think Mono Puff is a better live band then a studio band. As an overall album, I like IFTS better, but there aren't as happy stand-out songs like on Unsupervised (in my opinion). Oh, my favorite song on IFTS is "Dedicated." Just in case anyone was wondering.... jason "I was tempted to steal 'It's Fun to Steal,' but decided it would be more fun to buy it" glastetter ------------------------------ Message-ID: <19980525235149.12226.qmail@hotmail.com> From: "Bradley Gibson" Subject: Semi-TMBG: Quake, SH2, WDTSS? and da Man! Date: Mon, 25 May 1998 16:51:48 PDT Hey there! I've come out of lurk-mode to make a little annoucement. If any of you guys have Quake 2, you might know about this. There is a mod (ification) for it called SuperHeroes ][, which I belive is the coolest thing this side of the Artic. Why you ask? Fine, don't ask, I'll just say why to spite you all, so there! Sorry, insanity there, it happens. Anyway, among the mod's features is a little secret which has just been blabbed out in public so if you lynch me you have to lynch the other guy too... if you bring up the console and type "the sun is a mass of incandesant gas" (sp?) you become the giant nuclear furnace itself! You can even hear WDTSS? in the background! people get to close to you, you hear "The sun is HOT!" and they die! For this reason, I declare that the entire Mod Squad, or atleast the guy responsible, be given the glorious title of Da Man, or Da Men, whichever is correct. And if one of you guys on the Mod Squad is a listie, come on out and take a bow! btw, I belive Mod Squad is at http://www.planetquake.com/super2/ "*doo-doon-doo-doo-doon doo-doo-doo-doo-doon bum-bum* wha? ACK! *die*" - Bradley Gibson Please ignore the satanic message below, thank you: ______________________________________________________ Get Your Private, Free Email at http://www.hotmail.com ------------------------------ From: gray42@juno.com Date: Mon, 25 May 1998 20:11:01 -0400 Subject: Very Very NON TMBG:The TRUMAN Show Message-ID: <19980525.201116.3222.0.gray42@juno.com> Yeah, I know, I shouldn't have brought it up... Enough throwing stones at me, I can't help it if I'm excited (which I am) I'm all hyped and excited about The TRUMAN Show, it just seems to have such a neat plot and style to it, not to mention being a big Jim Carrey fan :D I was just wonderin' if anyone else is as excited about this movie as I am. I saw this kick-ass trailer (actually I've seen many) but what made this kick-ass was it was long, and had a lot of info and it had one of my favorite talking heads songs to go along with it 'Same As It Ever Was' (I think it's called) which brings me to wonder what the soundtrack will be like, and that this movie will probably be an outstanding MUTANT movie (am I wrong) and quite franly I'm excited, anyone else? Mysterio Gal (fellow Subgenius & Happy Mutant) " If there were no doorknobs nobody would be abel to open the doors. Everybody would die" --Claire (age 6) ICQ# 9585405 MST3K#88182 gray42@juno.com http://www.geocities.com/SoHo/Coffeehouse/4871 _____________________________________________________________________ You don't need to buy Internet access to use free Internet e-mail. Get completely free e-mail from Juno at http://www.juno.com Or call Juno at (800) 654-JUNO [654-5866] ------------------------------ Message-ID: <356A118E.FF5FFFA4@home.com> Date: Mon, 25 May 1998 17:49:20 -0700 From: NICHOLAS JANSSEN Organization: @Home Network Subject: TMBG: I t's Fun To Steal at Borders I went to borders before the release of IFTS looking for Unsupervised and did not find it:(... BUT:) I did find the The Devil Went Down To Newport single in with the band "Mono" (along with the why does the sun shine single). When I went back there a few days ago they still did not even have a Mono Puff locator card but they did have two copes of IFTS, again in with the band "Mono". When Factory Showroom was released I found the S-E-X-X-Y single. In conclusion I think that Borders is TMBG/Mono Puff Friendly. It might also depend on who does the ordering at that particular store. NICK ------------------------------ Message-Id: <3.0.1.32.19980525205533.0069e988@mail.clemson.edu> Date: Mon, 25 May 1998 20:55:33 -0400 From: Adam Tyner Subject: Re: TMBG: we might be giants, too. At 03:14 PM 5/25/98 -0600, tmbgirl@juno.com wrote: > >uhm... anybody remember a little project, "we might be giants, too." >anyone want to inform us what's goin on with that? Last I heard, they're still looking for a reasonably-priced CD duplicator. -Adam http://www.he-man.org/ctyner http://www.awod.com/gallery/rwav/ctyner/ The home of He-Man, "Weird Al", Yoo-hoo, Killer Tomatoes, and more! Demented music list admin O- MiSTie #67,326 ------------------------------ Date: Mon, 25 May 1998 18:00:40 -0700 (PDT) From: "J. Brown" Subject: Re: Very Very NON TMBG:The TRUMAN Show Message-ID: On Mon, 25 May 1998 gray42@juno.com wrote: > Yeah, I know, I shouldn't have brought it up... Enough throwing stones at > me, I can't help it if I'm excited (which I am) I'm all hyped and > excited about The TRUMAN Show, it just seems to have such a neat plot and > style to it, not to mention being a big Jim Carrey fan :D I was just > wonderin' if anyone else is as excited about this movie as I am. I saw I saw this movie a couple of weeks ago- at a free sneak preview. And i must say i was really disappointed. Jim Carrey is great. And the firsat hour of the film is superb but half way through it turns into a different movie all together. and falls apart after that. and the ending is really weak. jason ------------------------------ From: Monotreme3 Message-ID: <9b9c486a.356a21d5@aol.com> Date: Mon, 25 May 1998 21:58:43 EDT Subject: Re: Semi-TMBG: Quake, SH2, WDTSS? and da Man! Thanks for the info! I've just reinstalled Q2 onto my computer to see this mod, and I'm getting it right now. The site is actually: http://www.planetquake.com/modsquad/super2/ -Carey "I'll beat you each apart! I'll take you both together!" > Hey there! I've come out of lurk-mode to make a little annoucement. If > any of you guys have Quake 2, you might know about this. There is a mod > (ification) for it called SuperHeroes ][, which I belive is the coolest > thing this side of the Artic. Why you ask? Fine, don't ask, I'll just > say why to spite you all, so there! > > Sorry, insanity there, it happens. Anyway, among the mod's features is a > little secret which has just been blabbed out in public so if you lynch > me you have to lynch the other guy too... if you bring up the console > and type "the sun is a mass of incandesant gas" (sp?) you become the > giant nuclear furnace itself! You can even hear WDTSS? in the > background! people get to close to you, you hear "The sun is HOT!" and > they die! > > For this reason, I declare that the entire Mod Squad, or atleast the guy > responsible, be given the glorious title of Da Man, or Da Men, whichever > is correct. And if one of you guys on the Mod Squad is a listie, come on > out and take a bow! > > btw, I belive Mod Squad is at http://www.planetquake.com/super2/ ------------------------------ Date: Mon, 25 May 1998 20:53:27 -0700 (PDT) From: leonard helfgott Subject: Re: TMBG: we might be giants, too. Message-ID: I tried out for that with my band's version of spy, we sounded really cool, but, unfortunately, we didn't play up to par at the audition and thus didn't get in. Oh sorrow. Jon Helfgott Noj Toggfleh "But what if the chicken won't wear the nylons?" Pinky, from Pinky and the Brain ------------------------------ Message-ID: <010901bd885e$1c79f560$0dc4f6ce@idiotnot.visi.net> From: "S. Bergeron" Subject: TMBG: Leffel Update Date: Tue, 26 May 1998 00:24:00 -0400 Well, I made contact with the Mike Leffel I know....sort of... It seems that while he is a They fan, he has never posted to the list; indeed, he's never heard of it. My friend with whom he is better acquainted theorizes that it may have been his brother posting as him. Anyway, the Mike Leffel enigma seems destined to continue.... Will buy It's Fun to Steal on Wed....I get paid then. Jack Bergeron idiotnot@visi.net bluedawg@tmbg.org http://www.monopuff.org/~bluedawg "As the light changed from red to green to yellow and back to red again, I sat there thinking about life. Was it nothing more than a bunch of honking and yelling? Sometimes it seemed that way."--Jack Handy ICQ#5909618 ------------------------------ From: Jaluit 31 Message-ID: Date: Tue, 26 May 1998 01:47:59 EDT Subject: Re: TMBG: New Moxy Fruvous Trask Listing CajunGram@aol.com writes: > I was wondering if somebody who has bought the album could post the track > list for me. I would bbe very appreciative if you could. Thanks... > Graham Moxy Fruvous -- Live Noise Michigan Militia Jockey Full of Bourbon Horseshoes Fly Boo Time King of Spain B.J. Don't Cry Johnny Saucepan ...(AKA DINNER BELL) I've Gotta Get a Message to You My Baby Loves a Bunch of Authors No No Raja Video Bargainville Psycho Killer King of Spain [cranky monarch version] The Drinking Song (These tracks have crowd chatter in between, all of which is highly amusing) ------------------------------ End of tmbg-list Digest #6-26 *****************************