Errors-To: owner-tmbg-digest@tmbg.org Reply-To: tmbg-digest@tmbg.org Sender: owner-tmbg-digest@tmbg.org Precedence: bulk From: owner-tmbg-digest@tmbg.org To: tmbg-digest@tmbg.org Subject: tmbg-list Digest #6-3 tmbg-list Digest, Volume 6, Number 3 Sunday, 3 May 1998 Today's Topics: Re: TMBG: Latest Results! + Liz Phair TMBG: John knows hes on the People poll. Re: TMBG: John knows hes on the People poll. TMBG: #9 Re: TMBG: John knows hes on the People poll. Re: TMBG: John knows hes on the People poll. Non-TMBG: Faye Wong TMBG: TMB Productions - speedy delivery! TMBG: Grammar; Canton, MA; & why this relates to TMBG.... TMBG: my grammer and other stuff TMBG: flans look-a-likes... Re: TMBG: TMB Productions - speedy delivery! TMBG: Philly show and etc. Re: TMBG: John knows hes on the People poll. Re: TMBG: Grammar; Canton, MA; & why this relates to TMBG.... TMBG: On the Radio...TWICE! Re: TMBG: John knows hes on the People poll. Re: TMBG: On the Radio...TWICE! TMBG: tour dates... etc. TMBG: TMBG-Cornell Show Re: TMBG: On the Radio...TWICE! TMBG: People results as of Saturday Night TMBG: Graham's on SNL! Re: TMBG: Graham's on SNL! Re: TMBG: Graham's on SNL! TMBG: i miss graham! Re: TMBG: Graham's on SNL! TMBG: i miss graham! Administrivia: If you wish to unsubscribe from this mailing send mail to tmbg-digest-request@tmbg.org for instructions on how to be automatically removed. --------------------------------------------------------------------- The views expressed herein are those of the individual authors. --------------------------------------------------------------------- tmbg-list is digested with Digest 3.5b (John Relph ). ---------------------------------------------------------------------- From: Cajun Gram Message-ID: <50947217.354abb6c@aol.com> Date: Sat, 2 May 1998 02:21:31 EDT Subject: Re: TMBG: Latest Results! + Liz Phair In a message dated 98-05-01 21:17:43 EDT, you wrote: << sarah ~ http://lava.home.ml.org ~ linnellgirl@tmbg.org now playing: liz phair- "whipsmart" >> Good tunes... Graham ------------------------------ Date: Sat, 2 May 1998 02:30:16 -0400 (EDT) From: The Demonic Kangaroo Subject: TMBG: John knows hes on the People poll. Message-ID: I just got back from the Philly show, where Linnell asked the audience to vote for him in the People poll, and help him beat out Madonna. I wonder who told him he was on there. :) -Mike ------------------------------ From: KdsInThHal Message-ID: <846fac77.354abebc@aol.com> Date: Sat, 2 May 1998 02:35:39 EDT Subject: Re: TMBG: John knows hes on the People poll. In a message dated 5/2/98 1:34:16 AM, tdk@cybercomm.net wrote: >I just got back from the Philly show, where Linnell asked the audience to >vote for him in the People poll, and help him beat out Madonna. I wonder >who told him he was on there. :) > > -Mike Actually, maybe no one did, and this has been a case of a John on the web.. hmm... not necessarily lurking here or there.. just.. you know.. whatever. sarah ------------------------------ From: sinister@digisys.net Message-Id: <199805020713.BAA16220@digisys.net> Date: Sat, 2 May 1998 01:08:02 +0000 Subject: TMBG: #9 I've been trying not to post stuff about Mr. Linnell and People because it is really getting excessive......but #9!!!!!!!!???? number friggin' 9!!! GO TEAM! GO!!! Wade Michael Atkinson. "You never know what you'll find when you open up your letterbox tomorrow........." -TMBG ------------------------------ Message-Id: <3.0.2.32.19980502103813.00823390@mail-in.keme.net> Date: Sat, 02 May 1998 10:38:13 +0100 From: The Ellesleys Subject: Re: TMBG: John knows hes on the People poll. At 02:35 02/05/98 EDT, you wrote: > >In a message dated 5/2/98 1:34:16 AM, tdk@cybercomm.net wrote: > >>I just got back from the Philly show, where Linnell asked the audience to >>vote for him in the People poll, and help him beat out Madonna. I wonder >>who told him he was on there. :) >> >> -Mike > >Actually, maybe no one did, and this has been a case of a John on the web.. >hmm... >not necessarily lurking here or there.. just.. you know.. whatever. > >sarah > > Call me crazy (which most people do) but whenever I have a thought about something important, those involved usually pick up my thoughts (subliminal, in an un-noticable waaayyy).... in which case why am I mailing when you are all picking up my thoughts anyhow??? I think this weird twist of modern theory is how that nice, clean cut Mr. Linnell found out about the people pole business. I have sent him about 10000 thoughts about tourimg in the UK and coming to my place for a cuppa Tea/Coffie but I fear he is only picking up what I have been thinking about a certain girl I could mention, which would mean he'll stay well away from me hehehe. If a whole load of Listees all held hands and had a similar thought he'd get the message. Why has no-one mentioned Flansy on the pole yet... I think he is groovey and although not as georgous as Linnell, he should still be there some place. It'd be cool to have both Johns in the top 10 wouldn't it! All the best-est, Squid(gy) (Colin "They call me Uncle Squid" Ellesley) PS: Linnell stole my hair cut! + I know this guy who looks like a young Flansy! Enough of my madness.... ~THE ELLESLEYS~ (of Colchester-Essex-UK) Home Page: Http://www.keme.co.uk/~thelimes/ TMBG page: Http://members.xoom.com/uncle_squid/Xoom/ ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^ If some girl tried to kick my ass, I'd be like "Hey, why don't you stop dressing me up like a mail-man and making me dance for you while you go and smoke crack and in your bedroom and have sex with some guy in don't even know on my Dad's bed!" - Cartman (From South Park) ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^ ------------------------------ Message-ID: <354B3ABE.2EF2@fuse.net> Date: Sat, 02 May 1998 08:24:46 -0700 From: jays your one-paged dictionary Organization: dial-a-song! 718-287-6962, narrrrrrrrr! Subject: Re: TMBG: John knows hes on the People poll. The Demonic Kangaroo wrote: > > I just got back from the Philly show, where Linnell asked the audience to > vote for him in the People poll, and help him beat out Madonna. I wonder > who told him he was on there. :) > > -Mike i may be insane--well, who isn't--but ever since flansy ignored me after i called him a technically incompetent guitarist via the list, i've had this strange, gut feeling that the johns might be either reading this or having someone do it for them. p'raps a roadie reads the list or nesgroup via laptop, and told the johns ... both that flansy is a technically incompetent guiarist (oh, woe am i! the stupidity!) and that there is, presently, a drive to realize linnell's dreams of stardom and fame due to his godlike emotional, intellectual, and physical beauty. or perhaps not. perhaps he's had some personal training from dionne warwick herself, thus sharing a psychic bond with all his loyal, rabid fans. perhaps he and flansy perform nightly dark rituals involving the values of human sacrifice to know exactly that about which their fans are thinking .. or, then, perhaps linnell is, indeed, god (jehova, allah, satan, jay), and thus would, by default, be completely omniscient. or somebody who's on the web coulda seen 'em before the show and told him. love and good happiness stuff, the king of pretention, lurker deity extraordinaire, jay. -- jayhc, who's really glad he's not a white house intern. e-mail: sirjamez@fuse.net, phonebook@tmbg.org aol im: SaturnChrd PhoneBookJ irc: PhoneBook "and sadly the cross-eyed bear's been put to sleep behind the stairs, and his shoes are laced with irony." --tmbg "In life it has been unlovely, and in death it has not belied its record. As it lived, it has died--an uncouth, malformed and abortive monstrosity, its brith a blunder, its life a crime, and its death a blessing." --south carolina newspaper some 128 years ago; you'd think they were speaking of me. ;) -- ------------------------------ Message-Id: Date: Sat, 2 May 1998 07:39:29 +0100 From: J Chen Subject: Non-TMBG: Faye Wong J Kuemmerle wrote: >On Fri, 1 May 1998, Matthew James wrote: > >> But then you >> have people like Linda Comer and Faye Wong, 2 people I've never heard of >> who have 9,882 and 5,108 votes, respectively. So I'm not sure what is >> up. > >let's see what a little surfing can turn up: > >Faye Wong is an actress and musician out of hong kong. i could see >hong kong pulling together 5000 votes. she seems to have about as >devoted a following the johns do with us... quite a few fan sites. >most in chinese from what i gathered. plus, she's got a plug on >that page with all the radio buttons. I'm not sure if it is necessarily only Hong Kong that is creating all the Faye Wong votes. Faye Wong has a very very very big following in America among Asian-Americans. I myself am not a Faye Wong fan, although I have heard some of her stuff and I know some people who adore her. From what I've observed, she breaks a lot of the corny Asian-pop molds and tries a lot of experimenting with her music, which includes songs she writes or co-writes, songs other people write, Chinese versions of western songs, a lot of different instrumentations, and so on. She sings in both Cantonese and Mandarin dialects, and will try foreign languages too. In some sense, she has become an international star; Asians (especially Chinese, and mostly college-aged) in America and Canada are drawn to her, and her following, yes, is as devoted to her as we are to the Johns, buying every new album and single she comes out with (and she has a lot) and getting tapes of all her videos. For those who like foreign films, you may have seen Faye Wong by watching "Chungking Express." She's the cute psycho obsessive chick in the second story, and, yes, that is her singing a Chinese version of the Cranberries' "Dreams" (and mimicking the yodeling too, I might add). --LVJeff ==========================_______________________________________... . . . | from LVJeff | Kerim Bey: "But I am already in your debt." | friend to Lan's tigers | James Bond: "How can a friend be in debt?" | alecson@ucla.edu | ========================== - From Russia with Love ------------------------------ Message-Id: <199805021506.LAA14262@elvis.vnet.net> From: "Could be an Illusion" Date: Sat, 02 May 1998 11:05:18 -0500 Subject: TMBG: TMB Productions - speedy delivery! -----BEGIN PGP SIGNED MESSAGE----- Oy... Yesterday I woke up in the evening (I work third shift... only come out at night) to find a big bubble mailer had arrived for me. Inside was much cool stuff from our friends the TMBG Merchandise-Mongers, except for two disturbing things. One, they said I owe them a dollar... apparently the shipping costs have gone up since their Web pages were composed (back in the 1950s, as you know). Two, the Accordion shirt had mysteriously turned white in the mail. (I think they owe me a dollar for mental anguish!) Oh, well... could be a good thing in disguise, as when I saw Them perform last year during the actual STD tour, I somehow managed to pass up that selfsame shirt as it was being hawked in a lobby in darkest Philadelphia. My attorney is claiming temporary insanity. :) Anyhow, my surprise was due to the fact that I sent out my order less than thirty days (one thin month!) ago. I felt I had to post in order to tell you all that I think I know the secret to getting your stuff on time: 1. Write out very picky instructions about what they should do if stuff is back-ordered or out of stock. 2. Pay them almost, but not quite, what you should. That way, they'll rush your stuff to you in order to send you the bill asking for the rest of the amount. *** Of course I am not really encouraging people to intentionally short-change the Mongers, any more than my cohorts from Cluckazorb-Oh are actually plotting to take over the world's supply of jellybeans and replace them all with those nasty jalapeno ones, and I will soon be sending them their buck along with a note of thanks for the rapid service. I was astonished that it came so quickly, since from what I read here most people seemed to have to wait two or three times longer. Buck up, kids... we'll get the pattern figured out yet! :) It's probably quantum, =] Carl Hudkins + Tape list available at =--> http://users.vnet.net/chud/ [y ] [t =] "If Mom had known she was expecting, she might've gone to St. John's [h ] instead of drinking her fill with a Sudafed..." [e =] --words I heard, instead of the real ones by They Might Be Giants [r -----BEGIN PGP SIGNATURE----- Version: 2.6.2 Comment: Would you send mail without an envelope? iQCVAwUBNUs2Lb5BFpotHh45AQEwugP+JW9hBEjw+ByK+M9Tc5Vvq6bqFXQ89fRr QQQm3a5hyF08rqYSvrm0SoSYA78T2s79lVh328Jh1D5mwS6ITCkzZwLUSssGnn/L gw7Jfl3Li367tUmCYHg48j2PP3L3VlGj0kqWI8wGh5rdnYJj1RjcZorh/fLOgbXL 5+CaE93v8is= =auLF -----END PGP SIGNATURE----- ------------------------------ From: Happyfroot Message-ID: <5094f92f.354b52b4@aol.com> Date: Sat, 2 May 1998 13:06:58 EDT Subject: TMBG: Grammar; Canton, MA; & why this relates to TMBG.... <> Yesterday, I was down in Canton, MA & they probably have the worst grammar. A Road sign read the following: "Go Children Slow." And then a poster in their school system said "People Gay Exist." I think that city has some problems... Also, down in Canton, I saw a person in a record store wearing a TMBG-shirt, so I went up to him & told him that TMBG rock! (A kid later came up to me & told me NIN rock, because I was wearing a NIN shirt....weird coincidence)... jason "linnell should be #1" glastetter ------------------------------ From: EmmyMik Message-ID: <39eba70d.354b56fd@aol.com> Date: Sat, 2 May 1998 13:25:15 EDT Subject: TMBG: my grammer and other stuff << That was the most grammatically painful construction all day I have seen a sentence of! >> Yes, the sentence was bad. Well, it wasn't my fault, it was el nino's :). Anyway, I had an idea. We all know thatHoward Stern uses his show to get people to vote for Hank. I was thinking that TMBG fans can call into talkshows and tell everyone to vote for Linnell. He's going to need more votes becasue SMG is catching up quick... ------------------------------ Date: Sat, 2 May 1998 12:09:47 -0600 Subject: TMBG: flans look-a-likes... Message-ID: <19980502.120951.11078.0.TMBgirl@juno.com> From: tmbgirl@juno.com (Joda: Master of Yedi) hEY hEy! well i was watching "Punk TV" last night with Skavoovie and the Epitones as the guest hosts... anyways, i must say that the lead singer (hans?) of Skavoovie looks like he could seriously be flansy's evil twin... check out their video "blood red sky" to see what i mean :) take it easy, JOrdaN http://www2.netcom.com/~arnot/joda/bootlegs.html Last CD Purchased : Space Hog's *Resident Alien* [man do i feel dumb for putting it off this long] Next Concert : *Los Gusanos* (featuring CJ Ramone) May 5th :) Last day of snowboarding @ Vail : Tomorrow! :( Last day of snowboarding @ A. Basin : July 4th _____________________________________________________________________ You don't need to buy Internet access to use free Internet e-mail. Get completely free e-mail from Juno at http://www.juno.com Or call Juno at (800) 654-JUNO [654-5866] ------------------------------ Date: Sat, 2 May 1998 12:29:30 -0600 (MDT) From: J Kuemmerle Subject: Re: TMBG: TMB Productions - speedy delivery! Message-ID: On Sat, 2 May 1998, Could be an Illusion wrote: > Of course I am not really encouraging people to intentionally > short-change the Mongers, any more than my cohorts from Cluckazorb-Oh are > actually plotting to take over the world's supply of jellybeans and replace > them all with those nasty jalapeno ones... damn! where are all these leaks coming from? --jim kuemmerle, who's actually the girl from venus... (mike leffel's interpretation: http://www.contrib.andrew.cmu.edu/~broz/newgifs/venus2.jpg) j.kuemmerle@m.cc.utah.edu ------------------------------ From: Superman25 Message-ID: <73a6f8b7.354b6aa3@aol.com> Date: Sat, 2 May 1998 14:49:06 EDT Subject: TMBG: Philly show and etc. hi. this is gonna be long. according to Y100, they were brodcasting the concert in Philly last night. did anyone catch it? did anyone tape it? plus, the Johns did the Y100 morning show. did anyone catch that? i'm really pissed that the station made absolutely no mention of either broadcast. i guess they're too busy giving away those damn Beetles. the show last night was fantastic. when i saw them last Sept. they hadn't incorprated all the live show stuff. the confetti canon made me feel like i was at a political convention. linnell told us when the canon went off, it would be the last thing we'd ever see. as for "To All The Girls", linnell's voice is the scary sounding thing i've ever heard. the piece from the apeology was "Battle For", the people won. the band seemed overly energetic at the show. they were really into it. linnell did a lot of talking. the conga line (which actually got started during "The Guitar") was forced upon us. Flans told everyone to conga and that he "wasn't fucking kidding". he then remembered that the show was being broadcast on the radio. Flans also told about the band's feud with rapper Usher. dan scored a perfect on the glockenspeil. and hal, can that man play the bass! he played "Snail Shell" and "S-E-X-X-Y" they way they were meant to be played: slap bass style. over all, this was the best show i've been to in awhile. Lincoln completely wooed my heart once again. this was the fourth time i've seen them. Chris changed the lines in a few songs making for a bunch of humorous moments. the people around me seemed surprised that i knew most of the lyrics to the opening act's songs. i got someone to buy their CD afterwards. on an unrelated note: natalie merchant is on Saturday Night Live tonight. check it out to see if graham maby is with her. well, that all i gots to say. oh, wait. there was an abundance of winter caps available. i guess they got some more in stock for the catalouge. unfortunately, they're in a ugly baby boy blue. adam schaaf, Guy In Audience: "I wish you were dead!" Chris Temple: "I wish you were dead too, pal." ------------------------------ Message-ID: <19980502190304.12881.rocketmail@send1c.yahoomail.com> Date: Sat, 2 May 1998 12:03:04 -0700 (PDT) From: Amanda Nichols Subject: Re: TMBG: John knows hes on the People poll. > I wonder > who told him he was on there. :) Hmm.. it must've gotten back to him by now.. Anyway, that's pretty funny. I got all of my roommates interested in who wins this year (it was a toss up between John and that Angry, Drunken Dwarf-- gee...) and we were all going to go find a copy of the rag... uh, I mean, magazine to see if he made it. The last polls I saw online had Cartman in his spot. btw, how was the Philly show? mnda _________________________________________________________ DO YOU YAHOO!? Get your free @yahoo.com address at http://mail.yahoo.com ------------------------------ Message-ID: <19980502190310.17570.rocketmail@send1d.yahoomail.com> Date: Sat, 2 May 1998 12:03:10 -0700 (PDT) From: Amanda Nichols Subject: Re: TMBG: Grammar; Canton, MA; & why this relates to TMBG.... > < seen a sentence of!>> > Yesterday, I was down in Canton, MA & they probably have the worst grammar. A > Road sign read the following: "Go Children Slow." And then a poster in their > school system said "People Gay Exist." I think that city has some problems... Where in MA is Canton? I live in Boston (and I used to live in Gardiner, home of the Big Frickin' Chair) and I've never heard of this place. Maybe they all think that if you construct your sentances like Yoda, you'll sound wise. What other signs to these people have? "ANYTIME PARKING NO" "ZONE TOW" "Line one Form" ah... my brain is shutting down. mnda _________________________________________________________ DO YOU YAHOO!? Get your free @yahoo.com address at http://mail.yahoo.com ------------------------------ Date: Sat, 2 May 1998 14:38:26 -0700 (PDT) From: PorkChops-n-AppleSauce Subject: TMBG: On the Radio...TWICE! Message-ID: imagine my surprise when i changed the radio from K-Rock, Los Angeles' biggest radio station to Y-107, the second most popular dail spot in LA and found TMBG was part of their "Double Double" weekend. i got to hear Don't Let's Start AND Birdhouse. broadcast loud and proud to the land of southern california. and at the end the DJ even said, "Where else are you gonna hear two TMBG songs in a row?" i just don't know. :) jillian ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ it is 5am and the sun has charred the other side of the world and come back to us and painted the smoke over our heads an imperial violet. -- soul coughing ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ jillian a'lee redroom@pe.net ------------------------------ From: KdsInThHal Message-ID: <40b60935.354b92d8@aol.com> Date: Sat, 2 May 1998 17:40:38 EDT Subject: Re: Re: TMBG: John knows hes on the People poll. In a message dated 5/2/98 4:44:02 AM, squid@thelimes.keme.co.uk wrote: >If a whole load of Listees all held hands and had a similar thought he'd >get the message. Why has no-one mentioned Flansy on the pole yet... I think >he is groovey and although not as georgous as Linnell, he should still be >there some place. It'd be cool to have both Johns in the top 10 wouldn't it! I believe it's 'cause Linnell was already up on the top 20 before it was like, a big thing.. :) If Flans had been up there I'm sure we'd be pulling for Flans in the same way. Next year is his year, dammit! :) sarah ~ linnellgirl@tmbg.org ~ http://lava.home.ml.org ------------------------------ Date: Sat, 2 May 1998 18:36:16 -0600 Subject: Re: TMBG: On the Radio...TWICE! Message-ID: <19980502.183630.16790.1.TMBgirl@juno.com> From: tmbgirl@juno.com (Joda: Master of Yedi) >i got to >hear >Don't Let's Start AND Birdhouse. broadcast loud and proud to the land >of >southern california. and at the end the DJ even said, "Where else are >you >gonna hear two TMBG songs in a row?" i just don't know. :) well... actually... here in my humble state of Colorado there are a couple of places... #1 on 96.5 The Peak.... every thursday is "twin peak thursday" where they play two songs by the same artist in a row... they tend to play TMBG a lot... that station is also the only station i have ever heard play Mono Puff... they even use a portion of What Bothers The Spaceman in the background of one of their station plugs... #2 on 93.3 KTCL the adventure... they used to have a program called "phone sets" where they'd play three songs in a row that were somehow related (thus you could request three songs by the same artist or three songs with a theme)... they used to play TMBG all the time... and they'd usually end up playing 4 songs in a row instead of three cuz "all their songs are short, it's only fair" and both of these stations would play stuff other than BiYS, Particle Man, or Istanbul... on phone sets he'd end up playing reeeally random songs... anywhere from Mrs. Train to minimum wage :) take it easy, JOrdaN http://www2.netcom.com/~arnot/joda/bootlegs.html ::::2,470 Max Points Strong::: _____________________________________________________________________ You don't need to buy Internet access to use free Internet e-mail. Get completely free e-mail from Juno at http://www.juno.com Or call Juno at (800) 654-JUNO [654-5866] ------------------------------ Date: Sat, 2 May 1998 19:07:43 -0600 Subject: TMBG: tour dates... etc. Message-ID: <19980502.190748.4574.0.TMBgirl@juno.com> From: tmbgirl@juno.com (Joda: Master of Yedi) HEy HEy! anyone know anything about this: 5/3/98- Brian Dewan 9pm, Mercury Lounge w/ John Flansburgh's Monopuff Syndicate i thought the giants had a show that night? in ithaca or sumthin... wassup? oh yeah, one more thing... to all that attended last night's show... did flans seem at all upset (or jealous) when linny told everyone to vote for him? if anyone going to the last two shows of this mini-tour happen to talk to anyone in the band let them know that we're voting flansy next year...and that they should start promoting it now :) take it easy, JOrdaN http://www2.netcom.com/~arnot/joda/bootlegs.html ::::2,470 Max Points Strong::: _____________________________________________________________________ You don't need to buy Internet access to use free Internet e-mail. Get completely free e-mail from Juno at http://www.juno.com Or call Juno at (800) 654-JUNO [654-5866] ------------------------------ Message-Id: <3.0.3.32.19980502211822.0080b890@mail.csrlink.net> Date: Sat, 02 May 1998 21:18:22 -0400 From: Dylan Flipse Subject: TMBG: TMBG-Cornell Show Looks like Skull Mountain isn't being used to much any more, so we'll have to do it the old fashioned way. (This is too bad, it was an excellent idea.) I'll be at the show tomorrow with about 4 friends. We might have an extra ticket, not so sure yet. I'll be wearing my customary concert-going attire. That means an ooold t-shirt that used to be black, has faded to a dark grey, and has a yellow 51 on the back. Sadly, I lost my SF Giants fitted hat, so won't have that. Will be carrying a backpack, prolly black. I'm meeting the Cornell student who got us tickets at College Town Bagels at 4:00. I'm meeting two friends who aren't going to the show in front of the Field House at 5:00. We'll be around there till the show at 8:00, I think. Anyone that wants can just walk up and introduce themselves. My current plan is to take my camera only, but my instincts will get the better of me, and I'll prolly take my recorder and make another bootleg of "They Might Be Giants with Dylan Flipse on Backup Vocals." Eh, that's ok though. (Did you know-on the Dr. Worm MP3 that is most popular, it's got a little intro, that I'm the dude who screams "We got em [Dr. Worm] right here!") That's about it. Dylan "Not Nearly as Wacky As Mike Leffell, But I Try" Flipse Dylan Flipse...one of them. - dflipse@csrlink.net Dylan's page is at http://www.geocities.com/Athens/9909/ for now. I'll never see myself in the mirror with my eyes closed -They Might Be Giants, the coolest thing this side of Zaphod Beeblebrox. ------------------------------ From: KdsInThHal Message-ID: <3ffe55d5.354bc776@aol.com> Date: Sat, 2 May 1998 21:25:09 EDT Subject: Re: Re: TMBG: On the Radio...TWICE! Well here on WBER (http://wber.monroe.edu) they play TMBG every once in a while but I've been listening to the college stations more a lot lately. One dj on WRUR (U of R's station) - I stil have to figure out when he's on regularly:) plays a lot of TMBG & Mono Puff. I even called him one time to tell him how cool it was (he played a lot of obscure TMBG too), and then the next week he was like 'if you're that girl who likes TMBG and listens at 4 in the morning, gimme a request" or something like that.:) sarah linnellgirl@tmbg.org http://lava.home.ml.org In a message dated 5/2/98 7:39:15 PM, tmbgirl@juno.com wrote: >>i got to >>hear >>Don't Let's Start AND Birdhouse. broadcast loud and proud to the land >>of >>southern california. and at the end the DJ even said, "Where else are >>you >>gonna hear two TMBG songs in a row?" i just don't know. :) > >well... actually... here in my humble state of Colorado there are a >couple of places... >#1 on 96.5 The Peak.... every thursday is "twin peak thursday" where they >play two songs by the same artist in a row... they tend to play TMBG a >lot... >that station is also the only station i have ever heard play Mono Puff... >they even use a portion of What Bothers The Spaceman in the background of >one of their station plugs... >#2 on 93.3 KTCL the adventure... they used to have a program called >"phone sets" where they'd play three songs in a row that were somehow >related (thus you could request three songs by the same artist or three >songs with a theme)... they used to play TMBG all the time... and they'd >usually end up playing 4 songs in a row instead of three cuz "all their >songs are short, it's only fair" > >and both of these stations would play stuff other than BiYS, Particle >Man, or Istanbul... on phone sets he'd end up playing reeeally random >songs... anywhere from Mrs. Train to minimum wage :) ------------------------------ From: KdsInThHal Message-ID: <8f83afe8.354bd370@aol.com> Date: Sat, 2 May 1998 22:16:15 EDT Subject: TMBG: People results as of Saturday Night It's Saturday Night, 10:16 PM. Do you know where your John is? Here are the latest results: 1.Hank the Angry, Drunken Dwarf, 207082 votes 2.Leonardo DiCaprio, 12335 votes 3.Linda Comer, 9908 votes 4.Gillian Anderson, 6310 votes 5.Kate Winslet, 5229 6.Faye Wong, 5208 7.Michelle Kwan, 4968 8.Madonna, 4914 *9.John Linnell, 3340 10.Sarah Michelle Gellar, 3275 11.Hanson, 3248 12.Mariah Carey, 2367 13.Hudson Leick, 2342 14.Janet Jackson, 1847 15.Lucy Lawless, 1765 16.Matt Damon, 1319 17.Eric Cartman, 652 18.Renee O'Connor, 645 19.Brad Pitt, 550 20.Bill Muse, 462 -- C'mon people! Crank out the advertising!! Sarah Michelle Gellar is about to pass him! Keep Hanson away!! get everyone you know down to People online and MAKE THEM VOTE!!:) sarah ~ linnellgirl@tmbg.org ~ http://lava.home.ml.org ------------------------------ Message-Id: <3.0.1.32.19980503001806.0069d4bc@mail.clemson.edu> Date: Sun, 03 May 1998 00:18:06 -0400 From: Adam Tyner Subject: TMBG: Graham's on SNL! Graham's on SNL right now! /----=========================================================----\ http://www.awod.com/gallery/rwav/ctyner/ The home of He-Man, "Weird Al", Yoo-hoo, Killer Tomatoes, and more! Demented music list admin O- MiSTie #67,326 ------------------------------ From: KdsInThHal Message-ID: Date: Sun, 3 May 1998 00:22:01 EDT Subject: Re: TMBG: Graham's on SNL! In a message dated 5/2/98 11:20:40 PM, ctyner@clemson.edu wrote: >Graham's on SNL right now! I was gonna post this but knew someone else would beat me to it. ;) there's our Graham! :D I miss him... :{ sarah ------------------------------ From: Strawbos69 Message-ID: <923722bd.354bf618@aol.com> Date: Sun, 3 May 1998 00:44:07 EDT Subject: Re: TMBG: Graham's on SNL! In a message dated 98-05-03 00:21:49 EDT, ctyner@clemson.edu writes: << Graham's on SNL right now! >> THAT's IMPOSSIBLE!!!! It's only 9:30... Oh wait, that whole time zone thing... ooooooo, that means I have a good reason for being up late, again. :) Excuse me, I have to go order that all important pizza... "Everyone's FIRED!" JL ------------------------------ Date: Sat, 2 May 1998 23:28:25 -0600 Subject: TMBG: i miss graham! Message-ID: <19980502.232828.8918.0.TMBgirl@juno.com> From: tmbgirl@juno.com (Joda: Master of Yedi) HEY HEy! graham's on SNL right now... bleh.. .natalie merchant! take it easy, JOrdaN http://www2.netcom.com/~arnot/joda/bootlegs.html ::::2,470 Max Points Strong::: _____________________________________________________________________ You don't need to buy Internet access to use free Internet e-mail. Get completely free e-mail from Juno at http://www.juno.com Or call Juno at (800) 654-JUNO [654-5866] ------------------------------ From: gray42@juno.com Date: Sun, 3 May 1998 01:20:47 -0400 Subject: Re: TMBG: Graham's on SNL! Message-ID: <19980503.012123.7358.0.gray42@juno.com> ok, I read this message right after watching SNL, and I payed no attention whatsoever to the names of people other than Mathew Broderick, so please, someone tell me where in the show he was, and what he looks like, cause I'm good at remembering names and faces but not good at putting them together. And my memorie's especially bad right now because I'm frustrated that my ICQ is malfunctioning, I just deleted a bunch of files that might or might not be vitally important in veiwing my gif files, am in the middle of plotting world domination, and am listening to thr Power Rangers soundtrack that I am really quite fond of...well that should explain why my brain is almost completely out to lunch at the moment...By the way, as I read the list of TMBG trading card themes, and came across descriptions of they being on SNL, did this really happen, or is it wishful Listie hopes and dreams, I can't be sure, because I just started watching TV this month for the first time after a Two Year Break, I've even stoped listening to radio because the stations either have really boring DJ's or since I live in Venice, the most boring place in Sarasota County (and pretty much the rest of the world), the stations w/ the cool DJ's always play the same pop. stupid stuff...Thanx for surviving my rambling, hmmm I feel very talkative tonight..I'll stop now...I promise... Bye Mysterio Gal (fellow Subgenius & Happy Mutant) " If there were no doorknobs nobody would be abel to open the doors. Everybody would die" --Claire (age 6) ICQ# 9585405 MST3K#88182 gray42@juno.com http://www.geocities.com/SoHo/Coffeehouse/4871 _____________________________________________________________________ You don't need to buy Internet access to use free Internet e-mail. Get completely free e-mail from Juno at http://www.juno.com Or call Juno at (800) 654-JUNO [654-5866] ------------------------------ Date: Sat, 2 May 1998 23:35:20 -0600 Subject: TMBG: i miss graham! Message-ID: <19980502.233523.8918.1.TMBgirl@juno.com> From: tmbgirl@juno.com (Joda: Master of Yedi) >HEY HEy! >graham's on SNL right now... >bleh.. .natalie merchant! okay...do i feel dumb... i planned on informing people that i video taped it if any one was interested... i'm not just here to repeat previous posts... ME TOO!!! sorry about that! :D take it easy, JOrdaN http://www2.netcom.com/~arnot/joda/bootlegs.html ::::2,470 Max Points Strong::: _____________________________________________________________________ You don't need to buy Internet access to use free Internet e-mail. Get completely free e-mail from Juno at http://www.juno.com Or call Juno at (800) 654-JUNO [654-5866] ------------------------------ End of tmbg-list Digest #6-3 ****************************