Errors-To: owner-tmbg-digest@tmbg.org Reply-To: tmbg-digest@tmbg.org Sender: owner-tmbg-digest@tmbg.org Precedence: bulk From: owner-tmbg-digest@tmbg.org To: tmbg-digest@tmbg.org Subject: tmbg-list Digest #6-31 tmbg-list Digest, Volume 6, Number 31 Sunday, 31 May 1998 Today's Topics: TMBG: Re: tmbg-list Crap Digest #6-30 TMBG: jim otto TMBG: TMBSad Re: TMBG: TMBSad somewhat TMBG: they on tv Re: NONNONNON-TMBG: TMBSad Re: NONNONNON-TMBG: TMBSad Administrivia: If you wish to unsubscribe from this mailing send mail to tmbg-digest-request@tmbg.org for instructions on how to be automatically removed. --------------------------------------------------------------------- The views expressed herein are those of the individual authors. --------------------------------------------------------------------- tmbg-list is digested with Digest 3.5b (John Relph ). ---------------------------------------------------------------------- Date: Sat, 30 May 1998 02:47:38 -0400 Subject: TMBG: Re: tmbg-list Crap Digest #6-30 Message-ID: <19980530.024739.3766.1.djMagma@juno.com> From: djmagma@juno.com (Davin Q. Hutchingstone) Ok, obviously the reason the list is so quiet is because everyone is finishing with college, going home. Anyway, since I've missed a few weeks of the list, can anyone tell me if the new Monopuff is out yet? Any singles? I just bought two KLH speakers, each is 300 watts max and has a 15" subwoofer. To power these, I have a 540 watt surround sound receiver (270 watts per speaker.) So, total, my system is over 625 watts. Those two huge speakers, two smaller ones for mid and treble, a 70 watt 10" subwoofer, and a center speaker. It gives new meaning to "rock the house." I am taking the whole schpeil (sp?) over to this girl's house next weekend for her house party (no parents there for 7 days!) She is a full-on raver like me, but she has tons of friends in high places. Kevin Cunningham and other popular Ohio rave DJs will be spinning there on my system! Hooray! I'll watch them closely, for I, too, will one day (this summer) purchase my own Technics 1200SL turntables. -Hutch, soon to be DJ Magma _____________________________________________________________________ You don't need to buy Internet access to use free Internet e-mail. Get completely free e-mail from Juno at http://www.juno.com Or call Juno at (800) 654-JUNO [654-5866] ------------------------------ From: GoodOmenz@aol.com Message-ID: Date: Sat, 30 May 1998 03:14:45 EDT Subject: TMBG: jim otto In a message dated 5/30/98 6:06:43 AM, you wrote: >The JIm, according to Feinberg's page, is:J. Otto Seybold. I dunno who he is >either, nor why my enter key isnt working. feh. hello list folks! If this hasn't been answered already J.Otto is a childrens book author and ilustrator who did a lot of stuff with Them i cant think of off hand. maybe the Istanbul video and single art. And apparently he plays drums. he's got a web site www.jotto.com. the only reason i know most of this is cuz he's doing a 7" with brian dewan. tmbg fans might also wanna check out the felxi disc he did for one of his other books.. well, i shouldnt be concious now. gotta go fix that ~liz ------------------------------ From: gray42@juno.com Date: Sat, 30 May 1998 22:06:41 -0400 Subject: TMBG: TMBSad Message-ID: <19980530.220659.3222.0.gray42@juno.com> Here I sit, in front of my PC, my ever blank, E-mail service, listening to a particularily deppressing radiohead song, and thinking about the blue and skewered John heads, and how blue is such a deathlike and sad colour, and how sad that is, even tho' the John's seem happy, particularly flansie, and I keep wondering where the f***ing Hell everybody is, this place has turned into a ghost list, unless i was kicked off and don't even know it. All of these little things combined make me sad. "Why must I be sad?" Mysterio Gal (fellow Subgenius & Happy Mutant) " If there were no doorknobs nobody would be abel to open the doors. Everybody would die" --Claire (age 6) ICQ# 9585405 MST3K#88182 gray42@juno.com http://www.geocities.com/SoHo/Coffeehouse/4871 _____________________________________________________________________ You don't need to buy Internet access to use free Internet e-mail. Get completely free e-mail from Juno at http://www.juno.com Or call Juno at (800) 654-JUNO [654-5866] ------------------------------ From: KdsInThHal@aol.com Message-ID: Date: Sat, 30 May 1998 22:36:16 EDT Subject: Re: TMBG: TMBSad In a message dated 5/30/98 10:22:34 PM, gray42@juno.com wrote: >, and I keep wondering where the f***ing Hell >everybody is, *I'm* here.. I just have nothing to say here right now. it's kind of like that awkward part of a phone conversation where it's dead quiet and you're trying to think of something to say. sarah~ ------------------------------ From: Drayco@aol.com Message-ID: <3b3dab45.3570ca62@aol.com> Date: Sat, 30 May 1998 23:11:29 EDT Subject: somewhat TMBG: they on tv OK, since there is a bit of deadness here, I will attempt to make a coherent statement about the subject that is supposedly discussed on this channel of communication. Although relatively unseen before on this list, the sad fact is that have remained in semi-lurkerdom for approximately 2 years. Anyway, sometime ago I happened to be watching the 10:00 news on channel 5 in the nyc area. There was a piece on hypnotism, and lo and behold, "Hypnotist of Ladies" started playing. Did anyone else see this? Oh, by the way, I apologize if this message sounds rather warped. Blame it on the fact that I have just returned from seeing "Fear and Loathing". --Jamal ------------------------------ From: tmbgirl@juno.com Date: Sat, 30 May 1998 23:14:14 -0600 Subject: Re: NONNONNON-TMBG: TMBSad Message-ID: <19980530.231418.14630.1.TMBgirl@juno.com> >>, and I keep wondering where the f***ing Hell >>everybody is, okay well, i warned you that this wasn't tmbg related but... i just got back from one of the best concerts i have ever been to in my life (ranking up there with the TMBG show i drove 8 hours to see)... I got free tickets to 93.3 KTCL's "big adventure" and must say that i had an excellent time... ULTRAHORSE played but i missed most of their set... doing things. RUN DMC!!! that was the highlight of the show for me... i've dug these guys for so long and never really had a chance to see them in action. let me say that if they ever come to your town you should definately NOT PASS THEM UP like you just did with the vanilla ice concert... they played "walk this way" and basically had the audience fill in for aerosmith's part. "it's tricky" is so much better live. i dunno... they just rocked. EVE 6 : i'm sure you've all heard their "blender" song! :) anyways, they really are good and their cover of that damn "leaving on a jet plane" song (a la john denver and several others) was the best version i have EVER heard! :) i met these guys and took some pictures with them after the show... they're definately cool adn worth checking out. AQUABATS! definately cool, not much different than every other aquabats show that i've been at (about 6 times now) except for one extremely cool moment when the chicken genie fell off the stage and had to crawl back up... he hurt his knee (i know this doesn't sound like it's funny but...) the best part was in the middle of all the rest of the songs they'd blurt out "chikcken fell down, chicken fell down right here" BIG BAD VOODOO DADDY: well i missed this show while i was waiting to talk to the aquabats but i've seen 'em before and they're really cool.... i'm gonna see 'em tomorrow at some instore show... i might bootleg that, if i'm not too busy swingin THE SPECIALS: definately cool... BEN HARPER: am i the only person that doesn't like him? FOO FIGHTERS: eh. CRYTAL METHOD: they had an awesome light show... if you dig their 'hit' "Busy Child" and you haven't heard anything else of their i'd definately suggest buying their shtuff... while i was there i happened to see two different chicks in TMBG shirts... they looked really worn out which leads me to believe they must be pretty big fans... one was in the worker johns shirt and the other in the pearlie shirt.. anyways, if either of those people happened to be one of you listies e-mail me! :) take it easy, JOrdaN http://www2.netcom.com/~arnot/joda/bootlegs.html _____________________________________________________________________ You don't need to buy Internet access to use free Internet e-mail. Get completely free e-mail from Juno at http://www.juno.com Or call Juno at (800) 654-JUNO [654-5866] ------------------------------ Message-Id: <1.5.4.32.19980531053034.006d4170@Cybnetonline.com> Date: Sun, 31 May 1998 00:30:34 -0500 From: "The Li'l Depressed Boy" Subject: Re: NONNONNON-TMBG: TMBSad >RUN DMC!!! that was the highlight of the show for me... i've dug these >guys for so long and never really had a chance to see them in action. >let me say that if they ever come to your town you should definately NOT >PASS THEM UP like you just did with the vanilla ice concert... they >played "walk this way" and basically had the audience fill in for >aerosmith's part. "it's tricky" is so much better live. i dunno... they >just rocked. Tell me you bootlegged this please... >BIG BAD VOODOO DADDY: well i missed this show while i was waiting to talk >to the aquabats but i've seen 'em before and they're really cool.... i'm >gonna see 'em tomorrow at some instore show... i might bootleg that, if >i'm not too busy swingin Your beginning to make me mad. >CRYTAL METHOD: they had an awesome light show... if you dig their 'hit' >"Busy Child" and you haven't heard anything else of their i'd definately >suggest buying their shtuff... OKay now I just hate you. LDB, The church of Leffel -- (this site cuts the amount of URL's I put in my Sig) My Web Page Index: http://www.cybnetonline.com/users/njack/ TMBG | D.U.M.B. NEWS | Mr. Gone Font -- Contemporary Cartoon Militia is (C) & TM 1998 S. Steven Struble and Kris W. M. Struble. The Li'l Depressed Boy, Phreeck, Spyder Hunt, and all related characters (C) & TM 1998 S. Steven Struble ------------------------------ End of tmbg-list Digest #6-31 *****************************