Errors-To: owner-tmbg-digest@tmbg.org Reply-To: tmbg-digest@tmbg.org Sender: owner-tmbg-digest@tmbg.org Precedence: bulk From: owner-tmbg-digest@tmbg.org To: tmbg-digest@tmbg.org Subject: tmbg-list Digest #6-7 tmbg-list Digest, Volume 6, Number 7 Thursday, 7 May 1998 Today's Topics: Re: TMBG: People Update Re: TMBG: moshing and such Re: TMBG: People Update Re: TMBG: Online Polls (was: TMBG: they got to linda...) TMBG: OMLT's anyone? TMBG: moshing and such Re: TMBG: OMLT's anyone? Re: TMBG: OMLT's anyone? NON-TMBG: bangs... TMBG: EP's??? Re: TMBG: Online Polls (was: TMBG: they got to linda...) Re: TMBG: EP's??? Re: TMBG:heads Re: TMBG: Brian Dohtery Re: TMBG: tmbg e-mail Re: TMBG: OMLT's anyone? Mmm, bacon with mine, please! Re: TMBG: Brian Dohtery Re: TMBG:heads TMBG: TMBG/VF TMBG: birthdays for everyone! TMBG: Support from TMBG.COM... TMBG: Damn....he's losing by a MARGIN... Re: TMBG:heads TMBG: TMBG-Fwd: hey there Re: TMBG: TMBG-Fwd: hey there Re: TMBG:heads Re: TMBG: TMBG-Fwd: hey there TMBG: People Poll Re: TMBG: OMLT's anyone? Re: TMBG: People Poll Re: TMBG: TMBG-Fwd: hey there Re: TMBG: TMBG-Fwd: hey there Re: TMBG: Online Polls (was: TMBG: they got to linda...) Re: TMBG:Fear & Strange but True Re: TMBG: Online Polls (was: TMBG: they got to linda...) TMBG: New Mono Puff CD Date Re: TMBG: TMBG-Fwd: hey there Re: TMBG: Online Polls (was: TMBG: they got to linda...) Re: TMBG: Brian Dohtery TMBG: shows Non TMBG:Monopuff TMBG: linnellian and flansburghish people... TMBG: New tour dates Re: TMBG: Support from TMBG.COM... Re: TMBG: New tour dates Re: TMBG: New Mono Puff CD Date Re: TMBG: linnellian and flansburghish people... Re: TMBG: linnellian and flansburghish people... TMBG: They got lost TMBG: Children singing Particle Man Re: TMBG: TMBG-Fwd: hey there Re: TMBG: They got lost Administrivia: If you wish to unsubscribe from this mailing send mail to tmbg-digest-request@tmbg.org for instructions on how to be automatically removed. --------------------------------------------------------------------- The views expressed herein are those of the individual authors. --------------------------------------------------------------------- tmbg-list is digested with Digest 3.5b (John Relph ). ---------------------------------------------------------------------- From: BenMoobil Message-ID: <75e06f36.35500233@aol.com> Date: Wed, 6 May 1998 02:24:50 EDT Subject: Re: TMBG: People Update ric flair mght be real all the bama redneck computer owners might have banded together to make a statement of redneckhood! ------------------------------ Message-Id: <3.0.1.32.19980506012922.0069318c@pop.indy.net> Date: Wed, 06 May 1998 01:29:22 -0400 From: rachel Subject: Re: TMBG: moshing and such ben wrote: >actually, the most violent tmbg show i've ever been to was last year at >Irving Plaza, in Their home town of new york city. the crowd was just >ridiculously violent, and the johns didn't make so much of a peep about it. >maybe cuz they knew it was new yorkers they were dealing with. yeah, thats weird cuz they were the same way at the columbus oh show. that was the biggest most pit i'd ever seen at a tmbg show- i ended up moving to the back- and they didn't make any effort to stop it, nor did they act the slightest bit pissed. they played 2 encors and flans signed autographs afterwards. yet, at the delaware oh show a week later there were a group of guys pushing people around and flans kept telling them to stop, but it was realitively small. i was one person back from the baracade and hardly touched anyone throughout the whole show. my theory is that regardless of where in the country shows are, if there are a lot of people causing a disturbance i suppose the band feels helpless to stop it. or perhaps it just has something to do with what ever mood they might be in at the time. everyone knows they don't like moshing but i've also heard them say that it looks like fun. perhaps they see things from the stage that we don't and only get alarmed when they think people may be hurt. i dunno. any ideas? lovies, rachel ------------------------------ Message-ID: <355014F6.9402F654@mailhost.tcs.tulane.edu> Date: Wed, 06 May 1998 02:44:54 -0500 From: Zaphod Beeblebrox Subject: Re: TMBG: People Update Being from Bama myself I can assure you that rednecks are incapable of loggin onto the internet, let alone figuring out where and how to vote for Ric Flair....let alone figuring out how to spell Ric Flair...so I think we might be safe. -Not Jeff Foxworthy- BenMoobil wrote: > ric flair mght be real all the bama redneck computer owners might have banded > together to make a statement of redneckhood! -- "I could never sleep my way to the top because my alarm clock always wakes me right up" -They Might Be Giants- ------------------------------ From: Kaylum Message-ID: <610c3aac.35503f12@aol.com> Date: Wed, 6 May 1998 06:44:31 EDT Subject: Re: TMBG: Online Polls (was: TMBG: they got to linda...) << 3. Much as I hate to say it, I'd much rather bang Sarah Michelle Gellar, Lucy Lawless, Gillian Anderson, or Kate Winslet than John Linnell...sorry. >> I know this is partially a joke, but anyone who bases their idea of beauty only on who they'd like to "bang," well, that's just sad. Kay, feeling cranky cause she's running late :p ------------------------------ Message-ID: <35505F6E.4552D700@iag.net> Date: Wed, 06 May 1998 09:02:39 -0400 From: John Lambert Subject: TMBG: OMLT's anyone? Has anyone heard anything about the OMLT's???? I haven't heard a thing and I'm running out of faith!!!!! John "Green Jello" Lambert ------------------------------ From: mjames@envy.loyola.edu (Matthew James) Message-Id: <9805061256.AA24219@envy.loyola.edu> Subject: TMBG: moshing and such Date: Wed, 6 May 1998 08:56:34 -0400 (EDT) > personally, i like a certain amount of rowdiness at They shows. hardcore > moshing is dumb, but there's nothing wrong with crowd-surfing. and the I'm not one to crowd surf and I don't like it when others crowd surf. I've seen too many people get kicked in the head by a crowd surfer. Once you see that you become so paranoid that you will get kicked in the head that you take your focus off the stage, you actually have to stop watching the show just to make sure that a stupid crowd surfer isn't coming up behind you and is going to stick a boot in the back of your head. That completely detracts from the concert experience, after all you've paid your money to see the band perform, not watch for crowd surfers that might kick you. There is something to say about dancing at a concert compared to moshing at a concert. People can bounce around and dance without disturbing other people (apart from the occassional accidental bump if it's crowded). Moshers are just out to ram into other people, whereas dancers are there to dance in their own space. I think it works out pretty well. -Matt -- Matt James mjames@greed.loyola.edu Loyola College in Baltimore, MD Bruce Campbell Gazette: www.bcgazette.com ------------------------------ Message-ID: <35506158.2C15B657@mailhost.tcs.tulane.edu> Date: Wed, 06 May 1998 08:10:48 -0500 From: Zaphod Beeblebrox Subject: Re: TMBG: OMLT's anyone? pardon my ignorance....OMLT? John Lambert wrote: > Has anyone heard anything about the OMLT's???? > > I haven't heard a thing and I'm running out of > faith!!!!! > > John "Green Jello" Lambert -- "I could never sleep my way to the top because my alarm clock always wakes me right up" -They Might Be Giants- ------------------------------ Message-ID: <35506B86.7186@erols.com> Date: Wed, 06 May 1998 09:55:14 -0400 From: Zydell Subject: Re: TMBG: OMLT's anyone? I have run out of faith also. For a while I was really confident that this thing would work, but now I am pretty sure we have all been scammed by Christie...Rememver the disclaimer she made us sign for her protection? It has been 13 months since I ordered my shirt and 8 months since I payed her. I know some of you are going to flame me for picking on her, but the truth is that she took on this responsibility, even if it was out of the goodness of her heart. I think she owes it to us to let us know the truth. If it is not going to work she needs to admit to that. I don't think she started out this whole project trying to scam our money, but I do think she will continue to find more important things in her life than finishing the OMLT project. Nancy -------------------- John Lambert wrote: > > Has anyone heard anything about the OMLT's???? > > I haven't heard a thing and I'm running out of > faith!!!!! > > John "Green Jello" Lambert ------------------------------ Date: Wed, 6 May 1998 08:13:43 -0600 (MDT) From: J Kuemmerle Subject: NON-TMBG: bangs... Message-ID: On Wed, 6 May 1998, S. Bergeron wrote: > :> 1. On-line polls aren't worth their weight in manure. > : > :agreed, but it's none-too-shabby publicity... (how many of us now know > :who faye wong and sarah michelle gellar are? i for one will investigate > :faye wong's stuff as soon as i get the chance. maybe there's a little > :cross over the other direction too!) > > Anybody who frequents 7-11, and saw the recent Rolling Stone, can't help but > know who Sarah Michelle Gellar is! Almost as awe-inspiring as the Demi > Moore cover a couple of years back. 'fraid i missed them both. > :> 3. Much as I hate to say it, I'd much rather bang Sarah Michelle Gellar, > :> Lucy Lawless, Gillian Anderson, or Kate Winslet than John > Linnell...sorry. > : > ::P and i'm sure they'd appreciate the sentiment. > > Well, I'd hope so. My girlfriend probably doesn't...but she can't even run > AOL on her computer, so she won't find out. :-) Besides, we don't want to > start another "They Might Be Gay +AOL is so kewl!" thread, now do we? that's not what i meant at all. --jim kuemmerle, who would never be caught dead proclaiming the 'bangability' of anybody... how stereotypical can you get? :P j.kuemmerle@m.cc.utah.edu ------------------------------ Message-ID: <35507B0C.4583995C@mailhost.tcs.tulane.edu> Date: Wed, 06 May 1998 10:00:28 -0500 From: Zaphod Beeblebrox Subject: TMBG: EP's??? Okay, this may have been covered before I joined up, so forgive me...it wasn't in the FAQ. How do I get EP's? Where do I go? Is there somewhere I can order them from? I ordered S-E-X-X-Y from CDnow, but am looking for Istanbul, Guitar, Back to Skull...etc....and I have no freakin' idea where to even start. I haven't found anything at even the most obscure of CD stores around here, and I haven't found anything over the net...so am I SOL or what? Thanks. -SOL don't stand for Satellite of Love- -- "I could never sleep my way to the top because my alarm clock always wakes me right up" -They Might Be Giants- ------------------------------ Message-Id: <3.0.5.32.19980506111033.0079dc70@email.psu.edu> Date: Wed, 06 May 1998 11:10:33 -0400 From: "J. L. Moquin" Subject: Re: TMBG: Online Polls (was: TMBG: they got to linda...) Danielle Gaither wrote: >You know what the really sad thing is? If we knew a Linnell-type (and not >being rabid fans of his music) in real life, we probably wouldn't give him a >second look. Speak for yourself -- Linnell is exactly my type. You should meet my husband sometime!! ;) MMmmmmm... skinny, geeky guys!! :9 -jennifer, mommy to alice the bean, 8/15/97 http://www.emprl.psu.edu/~anth/ mailto:jls5@psu.edu "Death is useless. Useless is a spork. Therefore, death is a spork" -- Anthony Moquin ------------------------------ Message-Id: <3.0.1.32.19980506113059.0069fa80@mail.clemson.edu> Date: Wed, 06 May 1998 11:30:59 -0400 From: Adam Tyner Subject: Re: TMBG: EP's??? Forget about the Guitar and I Palindrome I, first of all. ;) As for the rest, go to http://www.gemm.com/ and search for They Might Be Giants. Oodles of stuff there! -Adam At 10:00 AM 5/6/98 -0500, Zaphod Beeblebrox wrote: > Okay, this may have been covered before I joined up, so forgive >me...it wasn't in the FAQ. How do I get EP's? Where do I go? Is there >somewhere I can order them from? I ordered S-E-X-X-Y from CDnow, but am >looking for Istanbul, Guitar, Back to Skull...etc....and I have no >freakin' idea where to even start. I haven't found anything at even the >most obscure of CD stores around here, and I haven't found anything over >the net...so am I SOL or what? >Thanks. /----=========================================================----\ http://www.awod.com/gallery/rwav/ctyner/ The home of He-Man, "Weird Al", Yoo-hoo, Killer Tomatoes, and more! Demented music list admin O- MiSTie #67,326 ------------------------------ From: "Drunken Bird" Organization: Columbus State Univ.,Columbus, Ga. Date: Wed, 6 May 1998 11:37:39 EST Subject: Re: TMBG:heads Message-ID: Yep, the heads are quite annoying, and that is assuming you are using Netscape, I'm not sure if anybody has bothered looking at it with Internet Explorer but *GAG*, nothing even lines, up.. works or anything else! Shesh.. it seems that they are focusing on one broswer, when before they coped to All broswers types, including our IE, Unix, text only broswers. I'm afraid I'm already telling stories of the "good old days" back when the site looked and felt better. I sure do hope they shape up. - JT SPoofer Peace, Love, and Cheesy Puffs ------------------------------ Date: Wed, 6 May 1998 09:36:10 -0600 Subject: Re: TMBG: Brian Dohtery Message-ID: <19980506.093616.11118.1.TMBgirl@juno.com> From: tmbgirl@juno.com (Joda: Master of Yedi) A friend of mine >went to New York to learn at a drumming school and came back with the >news that he was taught by and befreiended Brian Dohtery(sp?), the >ex-band member of They Might Be Giants, just in case your interested >in knowing. wait a minute waitaminute... last rumor i heard was that brian doherty was in that band "big wreck" they were on modern rock live about 3 months ago. take it easy, JOrdaN http://www2.netcom.com/~arnot/joda/bootlegs.html "why do you think she capitalizes her name that way? if you take all the caps and put them together and play them backards it says "I SLEPT WITH FLANS"... but only if you play it with the weird part in Hearing Aid"---(Denomin8r) AKA Kris Maxwell ------------------------------ From: "Drunken Bird" Organization: Columbus State Univ.,Columbus, Ga. Date: Wed, 6 May 1998 11:59:27 EST Subject: Re: TMBG: tmbg e-mail Message-ID: > a question for all. how do you get an e-mail to be @tmbg.org? It's pretty easy, I have already registered with them, and they are processing my membership. Membership is free, it gives you access to their chat board, have the yourname@tmbg.org, and they'll email you any updates. - Drunken Bird John: "And here is a new song.." Fan from audience: "New songs suck!" John: "Yes, and this is no exception." :) ------------------------------ Message-Id: <199805061626.MAA21745@elvis.vnet.net> From: "Could be an Illusion" Date: Wed, 06 May 1998 12:26:43 -0500 Subject: Re: TMBG: OMLT's anyone? Mmm, bacon with mine, please! -----BEGIN PGP SIGNED MESSAGE----- On Wed, 06 May 1998 09:55:14 -0400, Zydell wrote: >truth. If it is not going to work she needs to admit to that. I don't >think she started out this whole project trying to scam our money, but I >do think she will continue to find more important things in her life >than finishing the OMLT project. I've given up, too... and as of now I'm officially giving up worrying about it. :) If I ever get one, cool; if not, it's not worth my time or sweat to get worked up over less than ten bucks. I wish everyone who made their offerings to the Shoe Goddess could get their money back, but somehow I don't think that's going to happen, either. We could hope that the project will bear fruit over the summer, but I seem to recall that Christy is an overachiever who packs her every free moment with activities... that was the reason =last= summer was OMLT-free, wasn't it? :) And now this post is over now, and now this post is over now, =] Carl Hudkins + Tape list available at =--> http://users.vnet.net/chud/ [y ] [t =] "If Mom had known she was expecting, she might've gone to St. John's [h ] instead of drinking her fill with a Sudafed..." [e =] --words I heard, instead of the real ones by They Might Be Giants [r -----BEGIN PGP SIGNATURE----- Version: 2.6.2 Comment: Would you send mail without an envelope? iQCVAwUBNVCPPb5BFpotHh45AQE68gQAkgOaTU/nAz2g5s6EWZ3QPIbLr3Jpmmba oFhC43jfQat4imQz8poqbO5HCB5//bMrr/P6xEFRMZdJLvXy6ZDNksDIBQQu0x/c c4Vyimp3w/GO971qWU91RlWHtfoOzV7fN8wV4PbEfIfB6Nm5TpmLpVLLqBBFQbTm nPgS8uq7kmA= =az9n -----END PGP SIGNATURE----- ------------------------------ From: Monotreme3 Message-ID: <924192cc.35508f23@aol.com> Date: Wed, 6 May 1998 12:26:10 EDT Subject: Re: TMBG: Brian Dohtery In a message dated 5/6/98 11:54:01 AM Eastern Daylight Time, tmbgirl@juno.com writes: > wait a minute waitaminute... last rumor i heard was that brian doherty > was in that band "big wreck" they were on modern rock live about 3 > months ago. Hm. I saw Big Wreck at Music Midtown this weekend. So... I guess I may have seen Brian Doherty. I wouldn't know, though. I never cared much for Their band.... -Carey ------------------------------ Message-Id: <199805061640.MAA24013@elvis.vnet.net> From: "Could be an Illusion" Date: Wed, 06 May 1998 12:30:56 -0500 Subject: Re: TMBG:heads -----BEGIN PGP SIGNED MESSAGE----- On Wed, 6 May 1998 11:37:39 EST, Drunken Bird wrote: >I'm afraid I'm already telling stories of the "good old days" back when the site looked >and felt better. I sure do hope they shape up. Have you let their Webmaster/mistress know about that? I feel certain making sure the pages are usable is somewhere in the job description. :) (Hm... I can't pull up the page right now... but can one even contact their Web-oid?) Moo, =] Carl Hudkins + Tape list available at =--> http://users.vnet.net/chud/ [y ] [t =] "If Mom had known she was expecting, she might've gone to St. John's [h ] instead of drinking her fill with a Sudafed..." [e =] --words I heard, instead of the real ones by They Might Be Giants [r -----BEGIN PGP SIGNATURE----- Version: 2.6.2 Comment: Would you send mail without an envelope? iQCVAwUBNVCQQL5BFpotHh45AQFAFwP9FjxzcAm0rpHBg7u/e4C+7OxquhHAt1yt hRIfFtQmXF/iTFV7+jAIgIePz1aYJDzK7lAGkBkJC++bDhY7f0caOM9IgThEdreP fouDXeBXrwlDSLJPH1jrEBtcfw9FOVBfTt5RVIkk3It8QT9wRnu2Mb8BcJIZBM2U 33ByVqUGXVA= =5UCl -----END PGP SIGNATURE----- ------------------------------ Message-ID: <3550971E.446B@mail.utexas.edu> Date: Wed, 06 May 1998 12:00:14 -0500 From: Mitchell Perry Harding Organization: University of Texas at Austin Subject: TMBG: TMBG/VF From an interview on a Violent Femmes page: 13. Would you care to mention any of the other projects you're working on? Sure. I've worked on a new project with Gordon to be released on Mercury Records. Gordon has written all new material and we have guest vocalists including P.J. Harvey, Lou Reed, Mary Lou Lord, John Cale, Frank Black,Linda Perry, They Might Be Giants,etc. Mitch http://ccwf.cc.utexas.edu/~mitcharf/ ------------------------------ Message-Id: <199805061702.NAA11396@ussenterprise.ufp.org> Date: Wed, 06 May 1998 12:02:22 -0500 From: checkers Subject: TMBG: birthdays for everyone! sonicnet's music news of the world has a short article about today being flansburgh's birthday, that says a bit about the band as well... for anyone interested, it is at http://www.addict.com/MNOTW/hifi/ rabidchild (.paul swan) ------------------------------ From: Happyfroot Message-ID: <1af9d65c.35509b66@aol.com> Date: Wed, 6 May 1998 13:18:29 EDT Subject: TMBG: Support from TMBG.COM... A new "Giants Thing." On TMBG.COM, it tells you to vote for John Linnell. It tells you that he is the #1 write in vote! Alright!!! Yeah!! We got support...now THERE'S AN UPDATE!!! jason "who would not bang Linnell under ANY circumstance....of course, I probably wouldn't bang any of those other peopl either" glastetter ------------------------------ Message-ID: <3550A642.971F0782@mailhost.tcs.tulane.edu> Date: Wed, 06 May 1998 13:04:50 -0500 From: Zaphod Beeblebrox Subject: TMBG: Damn....he's losing by a MARGIN... I'm going to go scrounge around in yet another computer lab today...I don't know how much good that does...but Johnny's down to 10 again, and the Vampire Wench is ahead by 15!!! Grrrr..... -Soylent "the movie Buffy was cuter" Green- -- "I could never sleep my way to the top because my alarm clock always wakes me right up" -They Might Be Giants- ------------------------------ From: mr.train@juno.com Date: Wed, 6 May 1998 14:11:20 -0400 Subject: Re: TMBG:heads Message-ID: <19980506.141121.13878.0.Mr.Train@juno.com> About the heads... has anyone clicked on them?? It's pretty pointless, and it didn't even work on my computer... but a good concept... I gotta say, I don' t like the sis-ka-Johns either... mmm.... Monkey Island 1.... Tim, got his own car for the weekend (his dads 94 Taurus! WITH TAPE DECK!) Miscellaneous Tim AKA TMB(do)G AKA Tambo (IRC) AKA Mr.Train (OML) Favorite TMBG song update: Guitar remixes Last CD purchase:Cherry Poppin' daddies - Zoot Suit Riot Favorite Mainstream song of the moment: Riot Nerd - Two Skinny J's _____________________________________________________________________ You don't need to buy Internet access to use free Internet e-mail. Get completely free e-mail from Juno at http://www.juno.com Or call Juno at (800) 654-JUNO [654-5866] ------------------------------ Message-ID: <19980506182617.4886.rocketmail@send1e.yahoomail.com> Date: Wed, 6 May 1998 11:26:17 -0700 (PDT) From: Amanda Nichols Subject: TMBG: TMBG-Fwd: hey there note: forwarded msg attached. I thought I'd open this up for discussion.. what do you guys think about this write up? Amanda (the bhg) _________________________________________________________ DO YOU YAHOO!? Get your free @yahoo.com address at http://mail.yahoo.com [Attachment omitted, unknown MIME type or encoding (message/rfc822)] hi. >Despite continuing their popular gigs on college campuses, >They Might Be Giants had little success with 1996's Factory >Showroom. The album received even less attention than John >Henry. that's odd. i remember hearing flans say somewhere that FS was their second best selling album (behind flood). wasn't it close to going silver or some shiny color like it? adam schaaf, who would like his albums to go tin. From owner-tmbg-list@tmbg.org Wed May 6 14:36:47 1998 Received: (from majordom@localhost) by ussenterprise.ufp.org (8.8.7/8.8.7) id OAA14569 for tmbg-list-outgoing; Wed, 6 May 1998 14:36:47 -0400 (EDT) Received: from x18.boston.juno.com (x18.boston.juno.com [205.231.101.29]) by ussenterprise.ufp.org (8.8.7/8.8.7) with ESMTP id OAA14560 for ; Wed, 6 May 1998 14:36:39 -0400 (EDT) Received: (from tmbgirl@juno.com) by x18.boston.juno.com (queuemail) id OuJ20349; Wed, 06 May 1998 14:31:49 EDT To: THROWER_JASON@colstate.edu, tmbg-list@tmbg.org Date: Wed, 6 May 1998 12:32:15 -0600 Subject: Re: TMBG:heads Message-ID: <19980506.123222.11118.4.TMBgirl@juno.com> References: <80c8070c.354f71ea@aol.com> X-Mailer: Juno 1.49 X-Juno-Line-Breaks: 0-4,7-10,14-15 From: tmbgirl@juno.com (Joda: Master of Yedi) Sender: owner-tmbg-list@tmbg.org Precedence: bulk Reply-To: tmbgirl@juno.com (Joda: Master of Yedi) > >Shesh.. it seems that they are focusing on one broswer, when before >they coped to All >broswers types, including our IE, Unix, text only broswers. yeah, but i just used Internet Explorer when i was at the unnoficial site and was gladly surprised to see that the background isn't just white, like it had always appeared when i used Netscape... take it easy, JOrdaN http://www2.netcom.com/~arnot/joda/bootlegs.html "why do you think she capitalizes her name that way? if you take all the caps and put them together and play them backards it says "I SLEPT WITH FLANS"... but only if you play it with the weird part in Hearing Aid"---(Denomin8r) AKA Kris Maxwell _____________________________________________________________________ You don't need to buy Internet access to use free Internet e-mail. Get completely free e-mail from Juno at http://www.juno.com Or call Juno at (800) 654-JUNO [654-5866] From owner-tmbg-list@tmbg.org Wed May 6 14:38:32 1998 Received: (from majordom@localhost) by ussenterprise.ufp.org (8.8.7/8.8.7) id OAA14725 for tmbg-list-outgoing; Wed, 6 May 1998 14:38:32 -0400 (EDT) Received: from spnode01.tcs.tulane.edu (spnode01.tcs.tulane.edu [129.81.129.1]) by ussenterprise.ufp.org (8.8.7/8.8.7) with ESMTP id OAA14716 for ; Wed, 6 May 1998 14:38:28 -0400 (EDT) Received: from mailhost.tcs.tulane.edu (h61.s116.tulane.edu [129.81.116.61]) by spnode01.tcs.tulane.edu (8.8.5/8.8.4) with ESMTP id NAA184086 for ; Wed, 6 May 1998 13:38:24 -0500 Message-ID: <3550AE21.BAAD0ECD@mailhost.tcs.tulane.edu> Date: Wed, 06 May 1998 13:38:25 -0500 From: Zaphod Beeblebrox X-Mailer: Mozilla 4.04 [en] (Win95; I) MIME-Version: 1.0 To: tmbg-list@tmbg.org Subject: Re: TMBG: TMBG-Fwd: hey there References: <19980506182617.4886.rocketmail@send1e.yahoomail.com> Content-Type: text/plain; charset=us-ascii Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit Sender: owner-tmbg-list@tmbg.org Precedence: bulk Reply-To: Zaphod Beeblebrox Geeky? GEEKY?! I got yer geeky right here bub... Amanda Nichols wrote: > note: forwarded msg attached. > > I thought I'd open this up for discussion.. what do you guys think about this write up? > > Amanda (the bhg) > _________________________________________________________ > DO YOU YAHOO!? > Get your free @yahoo.com address at http://mail.yahoo.com > > ------------------------------------------------------------------------ > > Subject: hey there > Date: Wed, 06 May 1998 10:08:56 EDT > From: "Tom O" > To: expo67@ix.netcom.com > > i found this on the sonic.net web site while browsing music news. rather > unflattering, i thought. tomo > > forward: > BIRTHDAY > > They Might Be > Giants' John > Flansburgh > > John Flansburgh, vocalist, guitarist and > drum-programmer of They Might Be > Giants, was born 38 years ago today. > Reared in Lincoln, Mass., Flansburgh and > childhood schoolmate John Linnell (vocals, > accordion, keyboards) formed a musical > alliance in New York in the early '80s. The > duo named themselves They Might Be > Giants after a George C. Scott movie and > began specializing in quirky, geeky > alternative-pop (delivered in short, > jingle-like songs) that seemed to be > influenced by just about everyone. Song > titles such as "Put Your Hand Inside The Puppet Head" > and "Chess Piece > Face" ensured their eventual discovery, and they were > welcomed as part of > Manhattan's underground. > > They Might Be Giants began displaying their strange but > melodic music and > humorous lyrics on a Dial-A-Song telephone service, on > which callers were > treated to a different tune every day. They were signed > by Bar/None Records > and released their eponymous debut album in 1986. The > duo became > college-radio favorites and received some MTV airplay. > In 1988, they released > Lincoln, which expanded their following beyond the > college circuit when the > track "Ana Ng" enabled the album to crack the top 100. > Elektra Records > soon came calling and in 1990 it issued the duo's Flood. > The album went > gold, based on the minor success of the singles > "Birdhouse in Your Soul" > and "Istanbul (Not Constantinople)," both of which had > videos directed by > Flansburgh. To capitalize on this success, Bar/None > released the B-sides > and rarities compilation Miscellaneous T. For the tour > supporting their next > album, 1992's Apollo 18, the duo played with a full band > for the first time. But > the emergence of grunge soon thwarted They Might Be > Giants' chance at > big-time success and the duo now seems destined to be > filed permanently > under cult status. Their 1994 album, John Henry, on > which they were > accompanied by a full band, was practically ignored by > radio and MTV. > Despite continuing their popular gigs on college > campuses, They Might Be > Giants had little success with 1996's Factory Showroom. > The album received > even less attention than John Henry. In 1997, the band > toured in support of > Then: The Earlier Years, a compilation of its earliest > albums plus some > unreleased tracks. > > ________________________________________________________ > "the world's a mess, it's in my kiss" - X > TomO: the reason god can't sleep at night > oh my god....tomo's got a home page...course it sucks... > http://www.geocities.com/SoHo/Lofts/3546 > Email me: TheTomO@hotmail.com > ...the last thing that you hear when you fall asleep... > > ______________________________________________________ > Get Your Private, Free Email at http://www.hotmail.com -- "I could never sleep my way to the top because my alarm clock always wakes me right up" -They Might Be Giants- From owner-tmbg-list@tmbg.org Wed May 6 14:47:33 1998 Received: (from majordom@localhost) by ussenterprise.ufp.org (8.8.7/8.8.7) id OAA14984 for tmbg-list-outgoing; Wed, 6 May 1998 14:47:33 -0400 (EDT) Received: from imo23.mx.aol.com (imo23.mx.aol.com [198.81.17.67]) by ussenterprise.ufp.org (8.8.7/8.8.7) with ESMTP id OAA14974 for ; Wed, 6 May 1998 14:47:20 -0400 (EDT) Received: from MrryGoByBy@aol.com by imo23.mx.aol.com (IMOv14.1) id 4VTWa02232 for ; Wed, 6 May 1998 14:46:28 -0400 (EDT) From: MrryGoByBy Message-ID: <4ff5dbf0.3550b005@aol.com> Date: Wed, 6 May 1998 14:46:28 EDT To: tmbg-digest@tmbg.org Mime-Version: 1.0 Subject: TMBG: People Poll Content-type: text/plain; charset=US-ASCII Content-transfer-encoding: 7bit X-Mailer: AOL 4.0 for Windows 95 sub 170 Sender: owner-tmbg-list@tmbg.org Precedence: bulk Reply-To: MrryGoByBy I just wanted to let eveyone know that as of 2:49 PM on Wednesda, the 6th, John is 13 points behined Sarah Michelle Gellar! And I can't vote anymore!!!! Oh, and to anyone with AOL, it does count votes from seperate screennames....I just did it 4 times! Jim From owner-tmbg-list@tmbg.org Wed May 6 15:16:18 1998 Received: (from majordom@localhost) by ussenterprise.ufp.org (8.8.7/8.8.7) id PAA15845 for tmbg-list-outgoing; Wed, 6 May 1998 15:16:18 -0400 (EDT) Received: from imo23.mx.aol.com (imo23.mx.aol.com [198.81.17.67]) by ussenterprise.ufp.org (8.8.7/8.8.7) with ESMTP id PAA15835 for ; Wed, 6 May 1998 15:16:13 -0400 (EDT) Received: from Kaylum@aol.com by imo23.mx.aol.com (IMOv14.1) id 4BIBa02232 for ; Wed, 6 May 1998 15:15:15 -0400 (EDT) From: Kaylum Message-ID: <31f1f269.3550b6c4@aol.com> Date: Wed, 6 May 1998 15:15:15 EDT To: tmbg-list@tmbg.org Mime-Version: 1.0 Subject: Re: TMBG: OMLT's anyone? Content-type: text/plain; charset=US-ASCII Content-transfer-encoding: 7bit X-Mailer: AOL 3.0 16-bit for Windows sub 60 Sender: owner-tmbg-list@tmbg.org Precedence: bulk Reply-To: Kaylum << Has anyone heard anything about the OMLT's???? I haven't heard a thing and I'm running out of faith!!!!! >> Y'all *seriously* need to give up on this. Kay, still cranky :p From owner-tmbg-list@tmbg.org Wed May 6 15:18:28 1998 Received: (from majordom@localhost) by ussenterprise.ufp.org (8.8.7/8.8.7) id PAA16001 for tmbg-list-outgoing; Wed, 6 May 1998 15:18:28 -0400 (EDT) Received: from imo14.mx.aol.com (imo14.mx.aol.com [198.81.17.36]) by ussenterprise.ufp.org (8.8.7/8.8.7) with ESMTP id PAA15992 for ; Wed, 6 May 1998 15:18:25 -0400 (EDT) Received: from Kaylum@aol.com by imo14.mx.aol.com (IMOv14.1) id 4WBQa15187 for ; Wed, 6 May 1998 15:17:49 -0400 (EDT) From: Kaylum Message-ID: Date: Wed, 6 May 1998 15:17:49 EDT To: tmbg-list@tmbg.org Mime-Version: 1.0 Subject: Re: TMBG: People Poll Content-type: text/plain; charset=US-ASCII Content-transfer-encoding: 7bit X-Mailer: AOL 3.0 16-bit for Windows sub 60 Sender: owner-tmbg-list@tmbg.org Precedence: bulk Reply-To: Kaylum << Oh, and to anyone with AOL, it does count votes from seperate screennames....I just did it 4 times! >> But won't it weed out those votes later? Kay From owner-tmbg-list@tmbg.org Wed May 6 15:51:37 1998 Received: (from majordom@localhost) by ussenterprise.ufp.org (8.8.7/8.8.7) id PAA17003 for tmbg-list-outgoing; Wed, 6 May 1998 15:51:37 -0400 (EDT) Received: from yucc.yorku.ca (yucc.yorku.ca [130.63.82.32]) by ussenterprise.ufp.org (8.8.7/8.8.7) with ESMTP id PAA16992 for ; Wed, 6 May 1998 15:51:33 -0400 (EDT) Received: from localhost (flippy@localhost) by yucc.yorku.ca (8.8.7/8.7.3) with SMTP id PAA01741 for ; Wed, 6 May 1998 15:58:59 -0400 Date: Wed, 6 May 1998 15:58:59 -0400 (EDT) From: 99 and 44/100% MIKe! To: Intro on DA88 Subject: Re: TMBG: TMBG-Fwd: hey there In-Reply-To: <19980506182617.4886.rocketmail@send1e.yahoomail.com> Message-ID: MIME-Version: 1.0 Content-Type: TEXT/PLAIN; charset=US-ASCII Sender: owner-tmbg-list@tmbg.org Precedence: bulk Reply-To: 99 and 44/100% MIKe! This sonicnet write-up is notable for being condescending in tone, and for being factually inaccurate. Flans did not direct the videos for Birdhouse In Your Soul and Istanbul, as most of us know. Secondly, I have to question any article which asserts that TMBG will never truly achieve any further substantial degree of success. It's sad to suggest that at 38, Flans' career has reached its peak. It may be one thing to chronicle a band's ups and downs, but there must be a personal agenda at stake when an article such as this proclaims a dismal future for our boys. Fuck that shit up the ass. I think we know that there are at least a few more stabs at widespread success within TMBG's grasp, and that they will enjoy the longevity that the grunge bands that this article credits with taking the steam out of TMBG will never experience. Like Elvis Costello and XTC, their music may never break sales records, but will live on forever, and the depth of their influence may never truly be known, but will always be felt. MIKe *TMBG Info Club ID No: 18902* THE COOLEST PLACE TO BE - Mr Flippy's Red Light Funtime Party Hour --->http://www.yucc.yorku.ca/~flippy<--- Playground Justice in effect at www.journalx.com, if you dare ________________________________________________________________ "If you really want to hurt your parents and you don't have nerve enough to be homosexual, the least you can do is go into the arts." --Kurt Vonnegut From owner-tmbg-list@tmbg.org Wed May 6 15:54:32 1998 Received: (from majordom@localhost) by ussenterprise.ufp.org (8.8.7/8.8.7) id PAA17137 for tmbg-list-outgoing; Wed, 6 May 1998 15:54:32 -0400 (EDT) Received: from geocities.com (mail1.geocities.com [209.1.224.29]) by ussenterprise.ufp.org (8.8.7/8.8.7) with ESMTP id PAA17128 for ; Wed, 6 May 1998 15:54:28 -0400 (EDT) Received: from geocities.com (wht2b6e05.resnet.iup.edu [144.80.104.94]) by geocities.com (8.8.5/8.8.5) with ESMTP id MAA25486; Wed, 6 May 1998 12:54:09 -0700 (PDT) Message-ID: <3550E868.EDA674A0@geocities.com> Date: Wed, 06 May 1998 15:47:08 -0700 From: Nathan Mulac DeHoff Organization: The Intergalactic Cult of VoVat X-Mailer: Mozilla 4.04 [en] (Win16; I) MIME-Version: 1.0 To: Amanda Nichols CC: tmbg-list@tmbg.org Subject: Re: TMBG: TMBG-Fwd: hey there References: <19980506182617.4886.rocketmail@send1e.yahoomail.com> Content-Type: text/plain; charset=us-ascii Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit Sender: owner-tmbg-list@tmbg.org Precedence: bulk Reply-To: Nathan Mulac DeHoff Amanda Nichols wrote: > note: forwarded msg attached. > > I thought I'd open this up for discussion.. what do you guys think about this write up? > Subject: hey there > Date: Wed, 06 May 1998 10:08:56 EDT > From: "Tom O" > To: expo67@ix.netcom.com > > i found this on the sonic.net web site while browsing music news. rather > unflattering, i thought. tomo > > forward: > BIRTHDAY > > They Might Be > Giants' John > Flansburgh > > John Flansburgh, vocalist, guitarist and > drum-programmer of They Might Be > Giants, was born 38 years ago today. > Reared in Lincoln, Mass., Flansburgh and > childhood schoolmate John Linnell (vocals, > accordion, keyboards) formed a musical > alliance in New York in the early '80s. The > duo named themselves They Might Be > Giants after a George C. Scott movie and > began specializing in quirky, geeky > alternative-pop (delivered in short, > jingle-like songs) that seemed to be > influenced by just about everyone. Song > titles such as "Put Your Hand Inside The Puppet Head" > and "Chess Piece > Face" ensured their eventual discovery, and they were > welcomed as part of > Manhattan's underground. > > They Might Be Giants began displaying their strange but > melodic music and > humorous lyrics on a Dial-A-Song telephone service, on > which callers were > treated to a different tune every day. They were signed > by Bar/None Records > and released their eponymous debut album in 1986. The > duo became > college-radio favorites and received some MTV airplay. > In 1988, they released > Lincoln, which expanded their following beyond the > college circuit when the > track "Ana Ng" enabled the album to crack the top 100. > Elektra Records > soon came calling and in 1990 it issued the duo's Flood. > The album went > gold, based on the minor success of the singles > "Birdhouse in Your Soul" > and "Istanbul (Not Constantinople)," both of which had > videos directed by > Flansburgh. Is this true? I thought that the first Flans-directed video was "The Guitar." > To capitalize on this success, Bar/None > released the B-sides > and rarities compilation Miscellaneous T. For the tour > supporting their next > album, 1992's Apollo 18, the duo played with a full band > for the first time. But > the emergence of grunge soon thwarted They Might Be > Giants' chance at > big-time success and the duo now seems destined to be > filed permanently > under cult status. Now, I don't know for sure, but I tend to doubt that grunge had all that much to do with TMBG not "hitting the big time," so to speak. I doubt that the Johns and the grunge bands were even attempting to cater to the same audiences. I don't think that the standard mentality of your average music listener was something like: "Wow! This grunge stuff is so cool! I'd better stop listening to TMBG!" While not being "mainstream" might have hindered the Johns from constantly reaching the Top 40, it is also one of the reasons why Their fans do appreciate Their work. Where am I going with this? I don't really know. -- Nathan Mulac DeHoff DinnerBell@tmbg.org or vovat@geocities.com http://www.geocities.com/Area51/Corridor/5447/ "All I know could be defaced by the facts in the life of Chess Piece Face." From owner-tmbg-list@tmbg.org Wed May 6 16:03:29 1998 Received: (from majordom@localhost) by ussenterprise.ufp.org (8.8.7/8.8.7) id QAA17490 for tmbg-list-outgoing; Wed, 6 May 1998 16:03:29 -0400 (EDT) Received: from remcen.ehhs.cmich.edu (root@remcen.ehhs.cmich.edu [141.209.92.15]) by ussenterprise.ufp.org (8.8.7/8.8.7) with SMTP id QAA17481 for ; Wed, 6 May 1998 16:03:26 -0400 (EDT) Received: by remcen.ehhs.cmich.edu (Smail3.1.29.1 #2) id m0yXAPV-001JYTC; Wed, 6 May 98 16:03 EDT Message-Id: Date: Wed, 6 May 98 16:03 EDT From: kbrodbec@remcen.ehhs.cmich.edu (Kirsten Brodbeck) To: tmbg-list@tmbg.org Subject: Re: TMBG: Online Polls (was: TMBG: they got to linda...) Sender: owner-tmbg-list@tmbg.org Precedence: bulk Reply-To: kbrodbec@remcen.ehhs.cmich.edu (Kirsten Brodbeck) >You know what the really sad thing is? If we knew a Linnell-type (and not >being rabid fans of his music) in real life, we probably wouldn't give him a >second look. I would. I dated one... Kirsten -- ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ "You think you're so funny, but looks aren't everything." - Lincoln "Wish You Were Dead" Kirsten Brodbeck kbrodbec@remcen.ehhs.cmich.edu AKA Crow From owner-tmbg-list@tmbg.org Wed May 6 16:06:15 1998 Received: (from majordom@localhost) by ussenterprise.ufp.org (8.8.7/8.8.7) id QAA17623 for tmbg-list-outgoing; Wed, 6 May 1998 16:06:15 -0400 (EDT) Received: from m14.boston.juno.com (m14.boston.juno.com [205.231.101.193]) by ussenterprise.ufp.org (8.8.7/8.8.7) with ESMTP id QAA17610 for ; Wed, 6 May 1998 16:06:10 -0400 (EDT) From: gray42@juno.com Received: (from gray42@juno.com) by m14.boston.juno.com (queuemail) id QBI23605; Wed, 06 May 1998 16:04:03 EDT To: staypuft@ucla.edu Cc: tmbg-list@tmbg.org Date: Wed, 6 May 1998 15:18:21 -0400 Subject: Re: TMBG:Fear & Strange but True Message-ID: <19980506.155135.3270.0.gray42@juno.com> References: <3.0.3.32.19980505191533.006a3600@pop.ben2.ucla.edu> X-Mailer: Juno 1.49 X-Juno-Line-Breaks: 1-3,5-8 Sender: owner-tmbg-list@tmbg.org Precedence: bulk Reply-To: gray42@juno.com whoa, the last time I saw Feild of Dreams, I didn't even know the Giants existed, weird eh'? Mysterio Gal (fellow Subgenius & Happy Mutant) " If there were no doorknobs nobody would be abel to open the doors. Everybody would die" --Claire (age 6) ICQ# 9585405 MST3K#88182 gray42@juno.com http://www.geocities.com/SoHo/Coffeehouse/4871 _____________________________________________________________________ You don't need to buy Internet access to use free Internet e-mail. Get completely free e-mail from Juno at http://www.juno.com Or call Juno at (800) 654-JUNO [654-5866] From owner-tmbg-list@tmbg.org Wed May 6 16:06:23 1998 Received: (from majordom@localhost) by ussenterprise.ufp.org (8.8.7/8.8.7) id QAA17654 for tmbg-list-outgoing; Wed, 6 May 1998 16:06:23 -0400 (EDT) Received: from m14.boston.juno.com (m14.boston.juno.com [205.231.101.193]) by ussenterprise.ufp.org (8.8.7/8.8.7) with ESMTP id QAA17635 for ; Wed, 6 May 1998 16:06:16 -0400 (EDT) From: gray42@juno.com Received: (from gray42@juno.com) by m14.boston.juno.com (queuemail) id QBJ23605; Wed, 06 May 1998 16:04:03 EDT To: jls5@psu.edu Cc: tmbg-list@tmbg.org Date: Wed, 6 May 1998 15:43:48 -0400 Subject: Re: TMBG: Online Polls (was: TMBG: they got to linda...) Message-ID: <19980506.155136.3270.1.gray42@juno.com> References: <3.0.5.32.19980506111033.0079dc70@email.psu.edu> X-Mailer: Juno 1.49 X-Juno-Line-Breaks: 4-6,8-11 Sender: owner-tmbg-list@tmbg.org Precedence: bulk Reply-To: gray42@juno.com Hey, I know a Linnell and a Flansburgh type (also both fans of TMBG (magine that) not only do they phisically resemble them in a small way, but their personalities match up as well. And well I've got my foot in a sticky peice of gum, I have a crush on both of them, and I'm often unsure of who I love more... well fidledee dee, whoa is me Mysterio Gal (fellow Subgenius & Happy Mutant) " If there were no doorknobs nobody would be abel to open the doors. Everybody would die" --Claire (age 6) ICQ# 9585405 MST3K#88182 gray42@juno.com http://www.geocities.com/SoHo/Coffeehouse/4871 _____________________________________________________________________ You don't need to buy Internet access to use free Internet e-mail. Get completely free e-mail from Juno at http://www.juno.com Or call Juno at (800) 654-JUNO [654-5866] From owner-tmbg-list@tmbg.org Wed May 6 16:13:20 1998 Received: (from majordom@localhost) by ussenterprise.ufp.org (8.8.7/8.8.7) id QAA18038 for tmbg-list-outgoing; Wed, 6 May 1998 16:13:20 -0400 (EDT) Received: from notes950.cc.bellcore.com (notes950.cc.bellcore.com [128.96.115.72]) by ussenterprise.ufp.org (8.8.7/8.8.7) with SMTP id QAA18028 for ; Wed, 6 May 1998 16:13:16 -0400 (EDT) From: echuss@notes.cc.bellcore.com Received: by notes950.cc.bellcore.com(Lotus SMTP MTA v1.1 (385.6 5-6-1997)) id 852565FC.006D8623 ; Wed, 6 May 1998 15:56:17 -0400 X-Lotus-FromDomain: BELLCORE To: tmbg-list@tmbg.org Message-ID: <852565FC.006D01B6.00@notes950.cc.bellcore.com> Date: Wed, 6 May 1998 15:55:59 -0400 Subject: TMBG: New Mono Puff CD Date Mime-Version: 1.0 Content-type: text/plain; charset=US-ASCII Sender: owner-tmbg-list@tmbg.org Precedence: bulk Reply-To: echuss@notes.cc.bellcore.com According to the TMBG official page the new Mono Puff album is coming out May 19th! Woo-hoo! I'm coo-coo for mono puff! :-) Erik "Hello, Hello. Its good to be back. Its good to be back." - MP From owner-tmbg-list@tmbg.org Wed May 6 16:32:05 1998 Received: (from majordom@localhost) by ussenterprise.ufp.org (8.8.7/8.8.7) id QAA18658 for tmbg-list-outgoing; Wed, 6 May 1998 16:32:05 -0400 (EDT) Received: from x18.boston.juno.com (x18.boston.juno.com [205.231.101.29]) by ussenterprise.ufp.org (8.8.7/8.8.7) with ESMTP id QAA18649 for ; Wed, 6 May 1998 16:32:01 -0400 (EDT) Received: (from tmbgirl@juno.com) by x18.boston.juno.com (queuemail) id QAL20349; Wed, 06 May 1998 16:23:21 EDT To: vovat@geocities.com, tmbg-list@tmbg.org Date: Wed, 6 May 1998 14:23:47 -0600 Subject: Re: TMBG: TMBG-Fwd: hey there Message-ID: <19980506.142352.11118.5.TMBgirl@juno.com> References: <19980506182617.4886.rocketmail@send1e.yahoomail.com> <3550E868.EDA674A0@geocities.com> X-Mailer: Juno 1.49 X-Juno-Line-Breaks: 0-5,9,15-16,19-20,22-25,29 From: tmbgirl@juno.com (Joda: Master of Yedi) Sender: owner-tmbg-list@tmbg.org Precedence: bulk Reply-To: tmbgirl@juno.com (Joda: Master of Yedi) >Now, I don't know for sure, but I tend to doubt that grunge had all >that much to do with >TMBG not "hitting the big time," so to speak. I doubt that the Johns >and the grunge bands >were even attempting to cater to the same audiences. i don't know about you kids, but i've been a giants fan since '89... i have always listened to the "alternative" radio stations and thus, as i was a giants fan i was also a fan of wahtever was popular and being played on the radio throughout the years... that means that yes, i was a big fan of the "grunge" scene at the same time that i was a TMBG fan, just as i am currently considered a 'rude girl' and a fan of the latest ska wave. (although i'm not too pleased with what's on the radio today... what the hell is up with that damn "closing time" song!?! it was good the first time but geez, three times in one hour, i've never heard any song get that much play time) anyways, just look in your cd collections... do you own any nirvana, pearl jam, or STP cd's? and those are just the super big "grunge" bands... uhm, i was going somewhere with this post... geez, i need some sleep... forgive me... take it easy, JOrdaN http://www2.netcom.com/~arnot/joda/bootlegs.html "why do you think she capitalizes her name that way? if you take all the caps and put them together and play them backards it says "I SLEPT WITH FLANS"... but only if you play it with the weird part in Hearing Aid"---(Denomin8r) AKA Kris Maxwell _____________________________________________________________________ You don't need to buy Internet access to use free Internet e-mail. Get completely free e-mail from Juno at http://www.juno.com Or call Juno at (800) 654-JUNO [654-5866] From owner-tmbg-list@tmbg.org Wed May 6 16:46:27 1998 Received: (from majordom@localhost) by ussenterprise.ufp.org (8.8.7/8.8.7) id QAA19224 for tmbg-list-outgoing; Wed, 6 May 1998 16:46:27 -0400 (EDT) Received: from web1.rocketmail.com (web1.rocketmail.com [205.180.57.67]) by ussenterprise.ufp.org (8.8.7/8.8.7) with SMTP id QAA19214 for ; Wed, 6 May 1998 16:46:23 -0400 (EDT) Message-ID: <19980506203650.15605.rocketmail@web1.rocketmail.com> Received: from [129.115.5.231] by web1; Wed, 06 May 1998 13:36:50 PDT Date: Wed, 6 May 1998 13:36:50 -0700 (PDT) From: Danielle Gaither Subject: Re: TMBG: Online Polls (was: TMBG: they got to linda...) To: tmbg-list@tmbg.org MIME-Version: 1.0 Content-Type: text/plain; charset=us-ascii Sender: owner-tmbg-list@tmbg.org Precedence: bulk Reply-To: Danielle Gaither ---Kirsten Brodbeck wrote: > > >You know what the really sad thing is? If we knew a Linnell-type (and not > >being rabid fans of his music) in real life, we probably wouldn't give him a > >second look. Maybe we would. But often I feel a lot like Linnell probably did before he met his wife. Maybe it's different with women. Sigh. > I would. I dated one... I take it you're not dating him anymore. If you don't mind my asking, what happened? > Kirsten Danielle, inspector over the mine === URL: http://www.geocities.com/CollegePark/1054/index.html "Remember me? I'm not married, I don't have any kids, and I'd blow your head off if someone paid me enough."--from _Grosse Pointe Blank_ _________________________________________________________ DO YOU YAHOO!? Get your free @yahoo.com address at http://mail.yahoo.com From owner-tmbg-list@tmbg.org Wed May 6 17:32:01 1998 Received: (from majordom@localhost) by ussenterprise.ufp.org (8.8.7/8.8.7) id RAA20817 for tmbg-list-outgoing; Wed, 6 May 1998 17:32:01 -0400 (EDT) Received: from smtp.pe.net (root@smtp.pe.net [205.139.56.34]) by ussenterprise.ufp.org (8.8.7/8.8.7) with ESMTP id RAA20803 for ; Wed, 6 May 1998 17:31:56 -0400 (EDT) Received: from market.pe.net (redroom@market [205.219.116.52]) by smtp.pe.net (8.8.5/8.8.5) with ESMTP id OAA29806; Wed, 6 May 1998 14:31:52 -0700 (PDT) Received: from localhost (redroom@localhost) by market.pe.net (8.8.5/8.8.5) with SMTP id OAA25835; Wed, 6 May 1998 14:31:49 -0700 (PDT) X-Authentication-Warning: market.pe.net: redroom owned process doing -bs Date: Wed, 6 May 1998 14:31:48 -0700 (PDT) From: PorkChops-n-AppleSauce X-Sender: redroom@market To: gray42@juno.com cc: tmbg-list@tmbg.com Subject: Re: TMBG: Brian Dohtery In-Reply-To: <19980505.181137.9806.1.gray42@juno.com> Message-ID: MIME-Version: 1.0 Content-Type: TEXT/PLAIN; charset=US-ASCII Sender: owner-tmbg-list@tmbg.org Precedence: bulk Reply-To: PorkChops-n-AppleSauce > I've forgotten to mention this several times but... A friend of mine went > to New York to learn at a drumming school and came back with the news > that he was taught by and befreiended Brian Dohtery(sp?), the ex-band > member of They Might Be Giants, just in case your interested in knowing. > as one of the founding members of the "Search for Brian Doherty" web page, i am pleased as punch to hear that he is out there...somewhere...still drumming. we can only hope he is still smiling that beautiful smile. *sigh* :) jillian ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ it is 5am and the sun has charred the other side of the world and come back to us and painted the smoke over our heads an imperial violet. -- soul coughing ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ jillian a'lee redroom@pe.net From owner-tmbg-list@tmbg.org Wed May 6 17:32:18 1998 Received: (from majordom@localhost) by ussenterprise.ufp.org (8.8.7/8.8.7) id RAA20875 for tmbg-list-outgoing; Wed, 6 May 1998 17:32:18 -0400 (EDT) Received: from imo27.mx.aol.com (imo27.mx.aol.com [198.81.17.71]) by ussenterprise.ufp.org (8.8.7/8.8.7) with ESMTP id RAA20860 for ; Wed, 6 May 1998 17:32:14 -0400 (EDT) Received: from DrWormX@aol.com by imo27.mx.aol.com (IMOv14.1) id 4MDKa05150 for ; Wed, 6 May 1998 17:31:40 -0400 (EDT) From: Dr Worm X Message-ID: Date: Wed, 6 May 1998 17:31:40 EDT To: tmbg-list@tmbg.org Mime-Version: 1.0 Subject: TMBG: shows Content-type: text/plain; charset=US-ASCII Content-transfer-encoding: 7bit X-Mailer: AOL 3.0 for Windows 95 sub 62 Sender: owner-tmbg-list@tmbg.org Precedence: bulk Reply-To: Dr Worm X can anyone tell me if there are any shows coming up in the next month or so in the NY/NJ area. If so, I would greatly appriciate it. Matt The few surviving samurai surveyed the battle field, they count the arms, the legs, and heads, and then divide by five Simpsons quote of the post: It's just a little airborn, it's still good, it's still good!- HJS http://members.aol.com/DrWormX (now with link exchange and midis!) From owner-tmbg-list@tmbg.org Wed May 6 17:37:09 1998 Received: (from majordom@localhost) by ussenterprise.ufp.org (8.8.7/8.8.7) id RAA21184 for tmbg-list-outgoing; Wed, 6 May 1998 17:37:09 -0400 (EDT) Received: from m14.boston.juno.com (m14.boston.juno.com [205.231.101.193]) by ussenterprise.ufp.org (8.8.7/8.8.7) with ESMTP id RAA21156 for ; Wed, 6 May 1998 17:36:50 -0400 (EDT) From: gray42@juno.com Received: (from gray42@juno.com) by m14.boston.juno.com (queuemail) id RuE23605; Wed, 06 May 1998 17:20:54 EDT To: tmbg-list@tmbg.com Date: Wed, 6 May 1998 17:08:23 -0400 Subject: Non TMBG:Monopuff Message-ID: <19980506.170841.3270.0.gray42@juno.com> X-Mailer: Juno 1.49 X-Juno-Line-Breaks: 8-10,12-15 Sender: owner-tmbg-list@tmbg.org Precedence: bulk Reply-To: gray42@juno.com An earlier message had a quote fom that Hello Hello song (which I happened to play for some friends of mine, they're hardcore Marylin Manson and NIN fans: they really enjoyed it). Anyway, isn't it true that the drummer for that particular song is a guest (remember I'm lousy w/ names) from another group (or is that a rumor) and if he is, from which group. Also, I feel that Monopuff is pretty much in the same group that is of TMBG (considering that Flansie is the lead singer of the group), so in the future I'd like to be able to put TMBG: insted of Non TMBG:, is there any reason why I shouldn't, tell me, k'. Mysterio Gal (fellow Subgenius & Happy Mutant) " If there were no doorknobs nobody would be abel to open the doors. Everybody would die" --Claire (age 6) ICQ# 9585405 MST3K#88182 gray42@juno.com http://www.geocities.com/SoHo/Coffeehouse/4871 _____________________________________________________________________ You don't need to buy Internet access to use free Internet e-mail. Get completely free e-mail from Juno at http://www.juno.com Or call Juno at (800) 654-JUNO [654-5866] From owner-tmbg-list@tmbg.org Wed May 6 17:37:42 1998 Received: (from majordom@localhost) by ussenterprise.ufp.org (8.8.7/8.8.7) id RAA21264 for tmbg-list-outgoing; Wed, 6 May 1998 17:37:42 -0400 (EDT) Received: from cor.oz.cc.utah.edu (jek1@cor.oz.cc.utah.edu [155.99.2.2]) by ussenterprise.ufp.org (8.8.7/8.8.7) with ESMTP id RAA21249 for ; Wed, 6 May 1998 17:37:39 -0400 (EDT) Received: from localhost (jek1@localhost) by cor.oz.cc.utah.edu (8.8.7/8.8.7) with SMTP id PAA23627 for ; Wed, 6 May 1998 15:37:26 -0600 (MDT) Date: Wed, 6 May 1998 15:37:25 -0600 (MDT) From: J Kuemmerle X-Sender: jek1@cor To: The TMBG Mailing List Subject: TMBG: linnellian and flansburghish people... In-Reply-To: <19980506203650.15605.rocketmail@web1.rocketmail.com> Message-ID: MIME-Version: 1.0 Content-Type: TEXT/PLAIN; charset=US-ASCII Sender: owner-tmbg-list@tmbg.org Precedence: bulk Reply-To: J Kuemmerle On Wed, 6 May 1998, Danielle Gaither wrote: > > >You know what the really sad thing is? If we knew a Linnell-type (and not > > >being rabid fans of his music) in real life, we probably wouldn't give him a > > >second look. > > Maybe we would. But often I feel a lot like Linnell probably did before he > met his wife. Maybe it's different with women. Sigh. interesting take on the issue! my fiancee was a linnell type ('was' meaning 'was my fiancee'; she's still a linnell type). and i've dated a flansburgh type (sort of) before as well. --jim kuemmerle, who if he saw a linnell type on the street would definitely give him a second look if for no other reason than the fact that i might be able to jump up and down screaming "OH MY GOD!! YOU'RE JOHN LINNELL!!!" if it was actually him.... uh, yeah... j.kuemmerle@m.cc.utah.edu From owner-tmbg-list@tmbg.org Wed May 6 17:41:32 1998 Received: (from majordom@localhost) by ussenterprise.ufp.org (8.8.7/8.8.7) id RAA21566 for tmbg-list-outgoing; Wed, 6 May 1998 17:41:32 -0400 (EDT) Received: from envy.loyola.edu (envy.loyola.edu [144.126.178.10]) by ussenterprise.ufp.org (8.8.7/8.8.7) with SMTP id RAA21557 for ; Wed, 6 May 1998 17:41:29 -0400 (EDT) Received: by envy.loyola.edu (5.57/Ultrix3.0-C) id AA24572; Wed, 6 May 98 17:28:42 -0400 From: mjames@envy.loyola.edu (Matthew James) Message-Id: <9805062128.AA24572@envy.loyola.edu> Subject: TMBG: New tour dates To: tmbg-list@tmbg.org Date: Wed, 6 May 1998 17:28:42 -0400 (EDT) X-Mailer: ELM [version 2.4 PL22] Content-Type: text Sender: owner-tmbg-list@tmbg.org Precedence: bulk Reply-To: mjames@envy.loyola.edu (Matthew James) I got this off tourdates.com and pollstar.com: Fri 8 Pearl Street - Northampton, MA Sat 9 Williams College - Williamstown, MA -Matt -- Matt James mjames@greed.loyola.edu Loyola College in Baltimore, MD Bruce Campbell Gazette: www.bcgazette.com From owner-tmbg-list@tmbg.org Wed May 6 18:09:38 1998 Received: (from majordom@localhost) by ussenterprise.ufp.org (8.8.7/8.8.7) id SAA22517 for tmbg-list-outgoing; Wed, 6 May 1998 18:09:38 -0400 (EDT) Received: from x18.boston.juno.com (x18.boston.juno.com [205.231.101.29]) by ussenterprise.ufp.org (8.8.7/8.8.7) with ESMTP id SAA22508 for ; Wed, 6 May 1998 18:09:34 -0400 (EDT) Received: (from tmbgirl@juno.com) by x18.boston.juno.com (queuemail) id R~I20349; Wed, 06 May 1998 17:42:14 EDT To: tmbg-list@tmbg.org Date: Wed, 6 May 1998 15:41:31 -0600 Subject: Re: TMBG: Support from TMBG.COM... Message-ID: <19980506.154140.11118.7.TMBgirl@juno.com> References: <1af9d65c.35509b66@aol.com> X-Mailer: Juno 1.49 X-Juno-Line-Breaks: 0-5,7-18 From: tmbgirl@juno.com (Joda: Master of Yedi) Sender: owner-tmbg-list@tmbg.org Precedence: bulk Reply-To: tmbgirl@juno.com (Joda: Master of Yedi) >A new "Giants Thing." On TMBG.COM, it tells you to vote for John >Linnell. It >tells you that he is the #1 write in vote! Alright!!! Yeah!! We got >support...now THERE'S AN UPDATE!!! hEY HEY... everyone click on the John's heads and read the JavaScript Alerts... but click on linny's head first or it won't make sense... * ---------------------------------------------------------------------- take it easy, JOrdaN http://www2.netcom.com/~arnot/joda/bootlegs.html Another fine IRC #tmbg moment: (rlough) Flans' wife is on tdk (rlough) tdk's page, I mean (Ryouko) Wow. tdk is gettin' action? (Ryouko) No wonder he's not talking. * ----------------------------------------------------------------------- _____________________________________________________________________ You don't need to buy Internet access to use free Internet e-mail. Get completely free e-mail from Juno at http://www.juno.com Or call Juno at (800) 654-JUNO [654-5866] From owner-tmbg-list@tmbg.org Wed May 6 18:12:09 1998 Received: (from majordom@localhost) by ussenterprise.ufp.org (8.8.7/8.8.7) id SAA22634 for tmbg-list-outgoing; Wed, 6 May 1998 18:12:09 -0400 (EDT) Received: from wso.williams.edu (wso.williams.edu [137.165.37.207]) by ussenterprise.ufp.org (8.8.7/8.8.7) with ESMTP id SAA22624 for ; Wed, 6 May 1998 18:12:05 -0400 (EDT) Received: from student_99aok.williams.edu (student_99aok.williams.edu [137.165.32.72]) by wso.williams.edu (8.8.8/8.8.8) with SMTP id SAA14503 for ; Wed, 6 May 1998 18:12:02 -0400 Message-Id: <3.0.1.32.19980506181525.006de618@wso.williams.edu> X-Sender: akyle@wso.williams.edu X-Mailer: Windows Eudora Pro Version 3.0.1 (32) Date: Wed, 06 May 1998 18:15:25 -0400 To: tmbg-list@tmbg.org From: Andy Kyle Subject: Re: TMBG: New tour dates In-Reply-To: <9805062128.AA24572@envy.loyola.edu> Mime-Version: 1.0 Content-Type: text/enriched; charset="us-ascii" Sender: owner-tmbg-list@tmbg.org Precedence: bulk Reply-To: Andy Kyle >Sat 9 Williams College - Williamstown, MA This show is FREE. I can give directions to anyone who wants them. aok 0000,0000,8080 ----------------------------------------------------------------0000,0000,8080- Andy Kyle 99aok@williams.edu < akyle@wso.williams.edu WCFM, Williamstown < wcfmbd@wso.williams.edu From owner-tmbg-list@tmbg.org Wed May 6 18:17:33 1998 Received: (from majordom@localhost) by ussenterprise.ufp.org (8.8.7/8.8.7) id SAA22838 for tmbg-list-outgoing; Wed, 6 May 1998 18:17:33 -0400 (EDT) Received: from earth.colstate.edu (earth.ColState.EDU [168.26.193.20]) by ussenterprise.ufp.org (8.8.7/8.8.7) with ESMTP id SAA22827 for ; Wed, 6 May 1998 18:17:27 -0400 (EDT) Received: from colstate.edu (mercury.ColState.EDU [168.26.193.32]) by earth.colstate.edu (8.8.5/8.7.3) with ESMTP id SAA16917; Wed, 6 May 1998 18:25:18 -0400 (EDT) Received: from CCMAIN/SpoolDir by colstate.edu (Mercury 1.40); 6 May 98 18:15:30 EST Received: from SpoolDir by CCMAIN (Mercury 1.40); 6 May 98 18:15:11 EST From: "Drunken Bird" Organization: Columbus State Univ.,Columbus, Ga. To: echuss@notes.cc.bellcore.com, tmbg-list@tmbg.org Date: Wed, 6 May 1998 18:15:04 EST MIME-Version: 1.0 Content-type: text/plain; charset=US-ASCII Content-transfer-encoding: 7BIT Subject: Re: TMBG: New Mono Puff CD Date In-reply-to: <852565FC.006D01B6.00@notes950.cc.bellcore.com> X-mailer: Pegasus Mail for Windows (v2.53/R1) Message-ID: <100C7AC5672@colstate.edu> Sender: owner-tmbg-list@tmbg.org Precedence: bulk Reply-To: "Drunken Bird" > According to the TMBG official page the new Mono Puff album is coming out > May 19th! > Woo-hoo! I'm coo-coo for mono puff! :-) Yea? and since when were their site ever right:)? - Drunken Bird (who has just ordered all the LPs in CD format.. now just for large enough CD swopper) From owner-tmbg-list@tmbg.org Wed May 6 18:57:14 1998 Received: (from majordom@localhost) by ussenterprise.ufp.org (8.8.7/8.8.7) id SAA23879 for tmbg-list-outgoing; Wed, 6 May 1998 18:57:14 -0400 (EDT) Received: from mail-out.keme.net (ns3.keme.net [193.164.179.43]) by ussenterprise.ufp.org (8.8.7/8.8.7) with ESMTP id SAA23861 for ; Wed, 6 May 1998 18:57:06 -0400 (EDT) Received: from default (Dial13.pm3.keme.net [193.164.179.163]) by mail-out.keme.net (8.8.6/8.8.4) with SMTP id AAA23859 for ; Thu, 7 May 1998 00:04:30 +0100 Message-Id: <3.0.2.32.19980506231703.00833b10@mail-in.keme.net> X-Sender: thelimes@mail-in.keme.net X-Mailer: QUALCOMM Windows Eudora Light Version 3.0.2 (32) Date: Wed, 06 May 1998 23:17:03 +0100 To: tmbg-list@tmbg.org From: The Ellesleys Subject: Re: TMBG: linnellian and flansburghish people... In-Reply-To: References: <19980506203650.15605.rocketmail@web1.rocketmail.com> Mime-Version: 1.0 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="us-ascii" Sender: owner-tmbg-list@tmbg.org Precedence: bulk Reply-To: The Ellesleys At 15:37 06/05/98 -0600, you wrote: >On Wed, 6 May 1998, Danielle Gaither wrote: > >> > >You know what the really sad thing is? If we knew a Linnell-type (and not >> > >being rabid fans of his music) in real life, we probably wouldn't give him a >> > >second look. >> >> Maybe we would. But often I feel a lot like Linnell probably did before he >> met his wife. Maybe it's different with women. Sigh. > >interesting take on the issue! my fiancee was a linnell type ('was' >meaning 'was my fiancee'; she's still a linnell type). and i've dated a >flansburgh type (sort of) before as well. > >--jim kuemmerle, who if he saw a linnell type on the street would >definitely give him a second look if for no other reason than the fact >that i might be able to jump up and down screaming "OH MY GOD!! YOU'RE >JOHN LINNELL!!!" if it was actually him.... uh, yeah... > >j.kuemmerle@m.cc.utah.edu > Ok, so I have been told that i am a Linnell-like (meaning I bear a slim resembelence to Johnny-boy Linnell). I don't think this is THAT true but my hair is VERY linnell right now. Oh well, Que sera sera, life goes on. ~THE ELLESLEYS~ (of Colchester-Essex-UK) Home Page: Http://www.keme.co.uk/~thelimes/ TMBG page: Http://members.xoom.com/uncle_squid/Xoom/ <-><-><-><-><-><-><-><-><-><-><-><-><-><-><-><-><-><-><-><-><-> Mr Jones, Super-cool, while you were out we were pissing in your pool carter the unstoppable sex machine -Me and Mr Jones <-><-><-><-><-><-><-><-><-><-><-><-><-><-><-><-><-><-><-><-><-> From owner-tmbg-list@tmbg.org Wed May 6 19:06:54 1998 Received: (from majordom@localhost) by ussenterprise.ufp.org (8.8.7/8.8.7) id TAA24291 for tmbg-list-outgoing; Wed, 6 May 1998 19:06:54 -0400 (EDT) Received: from pinky.ac.duke.edu (pinky.ac.duke.edu [152.3.102.6]) by ussenterprise.ufp.org (8.8.7/8.8.7) with ESMTP id TAA24282 for ; Wed, 6 May 1998 19:06:51 -0400 (EDT) Received: from rayst95 (rayst71-96.rayst.udel.edu [128.175.71.96]) by pinky.ac.duke.edu (8.8.5/Duke-4.4) with SMTP id TAA23244; Wed, 6 May 1998 19:06:40 -0400 (EDT) Message-Id: <199805062306.TAA23244@pinky.ac.duke.edu> X-Sender: spike@copland.udel.edu X-Mailer: QUALCOMM Windows Eudora Pro Version 4.0 Date: Wed, 06 May 1998 19:01:51 -0300 To: tmbg-list@tmbg.org From: Harlan Landes Subject: Re: TMBG: linnellian and flansburghish people... In-Reply-To: <3.0.2.32.19980506231703.00833b10@mail-in.keme.net> References: <19980506203650.15605.rocketmail@web1.rocketmail.com> Mime-Version: 1.0 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="us-ascii" Sender: owner-tmbg-list@tmbg.org Precedence: bulk Reply-To: Harlan Landes At 11:17 PM 5/6/98 +0100, The Ellesleys wrote: >Ok, so I have been told that i am a Linnell-like (meaning I bear a slim >resembelence to Johnny-boy Linnell). I don't think this is THAT true but my >hair is VERY linnell right now. Oh well, Que sera sera, life goes on. Every once in a while someone remarks that I'm very Linnell-like in appearance and manner. With all the women that seem to find him attractive, I often wonder why they don't find me so attractive! :> As you said, life goes on. Harlan - who doesn't *truly* worry what other people think of his appearance. -=: Harlan Landes -=: spike at udel dot edu -=: http://udel.edu/~spike/ -=: ICQ #4538821 From owner-tmbg-list@tmbg.org Wed May 6 19:10:43 1998 Received: (from majordom@localhost) by ussenterprise.ufp.org (8.8.7/8.8.7) id TAA24538 for tmbg-list-outgoing; Wed, 6 May 1998 19:10:43 -0400 (EDT) Received: from imo16.mx.aol.com (imo16.mx.aol.com [198.81.17.38]) by ussenterprise.ufp.org (8.8.7/8.8.7) with ESMTP id TAA24529 for ; Wed, 6 May 1998 19:10:41 -0400 (EDT) Received: from Hjbttrben@aol.com by imo16.mx.aol.com (IMOv14.1) id 4XUFa29997 for ; Wed, 6 May 1998 19:10:04 -0400 (EDT) From: Hj bttrben Message-ID: Date: Wed, 6 May 1998 19:10:04 EDT To: tmbg-list@tmbg.org Mime-Version: 1.0 Subject: TMBG: They got lost Content-type: text/plain; charset=US-ASCII Content-transfer-encoding: 7bit X-Mailer: AOL 3.0 16-bit for Windows sub 85 Sender: owner-tmbg-list@tmbg.org Precedence: bulk Reply-To: Hj bttrben I downloaded an mp3 of they got lost on tdk's sound page and it was probably the best version i have ever heard, but i lost it by accident on my computer. does anyone have it on their computer that wouldnt mind sending it to me?????? From owner-tmbg-list@tmbg.org Wed May 6 19:13:10 1998 Received: (from majordom@localhost) by ussenterprise.ufp.org (8.8.7/8.8.7) id TAA24690 for tmbg-list-outgoing; Wed, 6 May 1998 19:13:10 -0400 (EDT) Received: from f03n03.cac.psu.edu (f03n03-fddi.cac.psu.edu [146.186.157.10]) by ussenterprise.ufp.org (8.8.7/8.8.7) with ESMTP id TAA24681 for ; Wed, 6 May 1998 19:13:07 -0400 (EDT) Received: from bluedog.cac.psu.edu (access-isdn1-31.gv.psu.edu [146.186.229.33]) by f03n03.cac.psu.edu (8.8.7/8.6.12) with SMTP id TAA215652 for ; Wed, 6 May 1998 19:13:05 -0400 Message-Id: <3.0.5.32.19980506190159.007d56a0@email.psu.edu> X-Sender: jls5@email.psu.edu X-Mailer: QUALCOMM Windows Eudora Light Version 3.0.5 (32) Date: Wed, 06 May 1998 19:01:59 -0400 To: tmbg-list@tmbg.org (They Might Be the List) From: "J. L. Moquin" Subject: TMBG: Children singing Particle Man Mime-Version: 1.0 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="us-ascii" Sender: owner-tmbg-list@tmbg.org Precedence: bulk Reply-To: "J. L. Moquin" Do you realize that the children on the T:TEY track are now like 15 and 16 years old? Scary, somehow... :) -jennifer, mommy to alice the bean, 8/15/97 http://www.emprl.psu.edu/~anth/ mailto:jls5@psu.edu "Death is useless. Useless is a spork. Therefore, death is a spork" -- Anthony Moquin From owner-tmbg-list@tmbg.org Wed May 6 19:50:16 1998 Received: (from majordom@localhost) by ussenterprise.ufp.org (8.8.7/8.8.7) id TAA25699 for tmbg-list-outgoing; Wed, 6 May 1998 19:50:16 -0400 (EDT) Received: from geocities.com (mail4.geocities.com [209.1.224.24]) by ussenterprise.ufp.org (8.8.7/8.8.7) with ESMTP id TAA25689 for ; Wed, 6 May 1998 19:50:12 -0400 (EDT) Received: from geocities.com (wht2b6e05.resnet.iup.edu [144.80.104.94]) by geocities.com (8.8.5/8.8.5) with ESMTP id QAA29286; Wed, 6 May 1998 16:50:01 -0700 (PDT) Message-ID: <35511FC0.4D05402@geocities.com> Date: Wed, 06 May 1998 19:43:14 -0700 From: Nathan Mulac DeHoff Organization: The Intergalactic Cult of VoVat X-Mailer: Mozilla 4.04 [en] (Win16; I) MIME-Version: 1.0 To: Joda: Master of Yedi CC: tmbg-list@tmbg.org Subject: Re: TMBG: TMBG-Fwd: hey there References: <19980506182617.4886.rocketmail@send1e.yahoomail.com> <3550E868.EDA674A0@geocities.com> <19980506.142352.11118.5.TMBgirl@juno.com> Content-Type: text/plain; charset=us-ascii Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit Sender: owner-tmbg-list@tmbg.org Precedence: bulk Reply-To: Nathan Mulac DeHoff Joda: Master of Yedi wrote: > >Now, I don't know for sure, but I tend to doubt that grunge had all > >that much to do with > >TMBG not "hitting the big time," so to speak. I doubt that the Johns > >and the grunge bands > >were even attempting to cater to the same audiences. > > i don't know about you kids, but i've been a giants fan since '89... i > have always listened to the "alternative" radio stations and thus, as i > was a giants fan i was also a fan of wahtever was popular and being > played on the radio throughout the years... > that means that yes, i was a big fan of the "grunge" scene at the same > time that i was a TMBG fan, just as i am currently considered a 'rude > girl' and a fan of the latest ska wave. (although i'm not too pleased > with what's on the radio today... what the hell is up with that damn > "closing time" song!?! it was good the first time but geez, three times > in one hour, i've never heard any song get that much play time) While TMBG and the grunge bands might share some fans, I don't really think they were really in competition for listeners which either other (any more than XTC and Adam Ant). > anyways, just look in your cd collections... do you own any nirvana, > pearl jam, or STP cd's? and those are just the super big "grunge" > bands... I don't, personally, but my CD collection is fairly small (about 28 discs). > take it easy, JOrdaN > http://www2.netcom.com/~arnot/joda/bootlegs.html > "why do you think she capitalizes her name that way? if you take all the > caps and put them together and play them backards it says "I SLEPT WITH > FLANS"... but only if you play it with the weird part in Hearing > Aid"---(Denomin8r) AKA Kris Maxwell "The weird part?" Isn't that whole song fairly weird? -- Nathan Mulac DeHoff DinnerBell@tmbg.org or vovat@geocities.com http://www.geocities.com/Area51/Corridor/5447/ "All I know could be defaced by the facts in the life of Chess Piece Face." From owner-tmbg-list@tmbg.org Wed May 6 20:01:20 1998 Received: (from majordom@localhost) by ussenterprise.ufp.org (8.8.7/8.8.7) id UAA26055 for tmbg-list-outgoing; Wed, 6 May 1998 20:01:20 -0400 (EDT) Received: from spnode01.tcs.tulane.edu (spnode01.tcs.tulane.edu [129.81.129.1]) by ussenterprise.ufp.org (8.8.7/8.8.7) with ESMTP id UAA26046 for ; Wed, 6 May 1998 20:01:17 -0400 (EDT) Received: from mailhost.tcs.tulane.edu (h61.s116.tulane.edu [129.81.116.61]) by spnode01.tcs.tulane.edu (8.8.5/8.8.4) with ESMTP id TAA232638; Wed, 6 May 1998 19:01:12 -0500 Message-ID: <3550F9D4.DE921B0E@mailhost.tcs.tulane.edu> Date: Wed, 06 May 1998 19:01:24 -0500 From: Zaphod Beeblebrox X-Mailer: Mozilla 4.04 [en] (Win95; I) MIME-Version: 1.0 To: Hj bttrben CC: tmbg-list@tmbg.org Subject: Re: TMBG: They got lost References: Content-Type: text/plain; charset=us-ascii Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit Sender: owner-tmbg-list@tmbg.org Precedence: bulk Reply-To: Zaphod Beeblebrox if you find it, could you chunk it over this way? The version I have isn't all that keen or intelligible. -Not-the-Mama- > >I downloaded an mp3 of they got lost on tdk's sound page and it was probably > >the best version i have ever heard, but i lost it by accident on my computer. > >does anyone have it on their computer that wouldnt mind sending it to me?????? -- "I could never sleep my way to the top because my alarm clock always wakes me right up" -They Might Be Giants- ------------------------------ End of tmbg-list Digest #6-7 ****************************