Errors-To: owner-tmbg-digest@tmbg.org Reply-To: tmbg-digest@tmbg.org Sender: owner-tmbg-digest@tmbg.org Precedence: bulk From: owner-tmbg-digest@tmbg.org To: tmbg-digest@tmbg.org Subject: tmbg-list Digest #6-8 tmbg-list Digest, Volume 6, Number 8 Friday, 8 May 1998 Today's Topics: VerYNoN TMBG:National History Day @ D.C. TMBG: quick question(s) Re: TMBG: They got lost Re: TMBG: Brian Doherty Re: VerYNoN TMBG:National History Day @ D.C. Re: TMBG: Brian Doherty TMBG: Happy ..... Re: TMBG: Online Polls (was: TMBG: they got to linda...) Re: TMBG: quick question(s) Re: TMBG: TMBG-Fwd: hey there Re: TMBG:Fear & Strange but True Re: TMBG: quick question(s) Re: TMBG: Graham Maby TMBG: video comp. TMBG: An Idea To Get Linnell To The Top! Re: TMBG: Graham Maby Re: TMBG: moshing and such TMBG: gemm.com Re: TMBG: linnellian and flansburghish people... Re: TMBG: gemm.com Re: TMBG: linnellian and flansburghish people... Re: TMBG: gemm.com TMBG: TMBG (kind of):Listee photos Re: TMBG: TMBG (kind of):Listee photos Re: TMBG: New Mono Puff CD Date TMBG: CD digital recording TMBG: They Got Lost Available Re: TMBG: linnellian and flansburghish people... Re: TMBG: linnellian and flansburghish people... Non-TMBG: glasses Re: Non-TMBG: glasses Re: TMBG: linnellian and flansburghish people... Non-TMBG: glasses and swimwear Re: VerYNoN TMBG:National History Day @ D.C. TMBG: Flansburgh's boyish good looks TMBG: Re: TMBG (kind of):Listee photos Re: TMBG: Re: TMBG (kind of):Listee photos Re: TMBG: Flansburgh's boyish good looks Re: TMBG: Flansburgh's boyish good looks Re: TMBG: Flansburgh's boyish good looks TMBG: the movie Re: TMBG: Flansburgh's boyish good looks Re: TMBG: Flansburgh's boyish good looks Re: TMBG: Re: TMBG (kind of):Listee photos Re: TMBG: Flansburgh's boyish good looks Linnell's birthday (Re: TMBG: Flansburgh's boyish good looks) Re: TMBG: Flansburgh's boyish good looks Re: TMBG: linnellian and flansburghish people... TMBG: Linnell party Non-TMBG: odds of sharing a B-day with Them Re: TMBG:Fear & Strange but True TMBG:Magazine TMBG: Re: Linnell's birthday Re: TMBG: Re: TMBG (kind of):Listee photos Re: Non-TMBG: odds of sharing a B-day with Them Re: TMBG: Re: TMBG (kind of):Listee photos Administrivia: If you wish to unsubscribe from this mailing send mail to tmbg-digest-request@tmbg.org for instructions on how to be automatically removed. --------------------------------------------------------------------- The views expressed herein are those of the individual authors. --------------------------------------------------------------------- tmbg-list is digested with Digest 3.5b (John Relph ). ---------------------------------------------------------------------- Message-ID: <3550B730.A036CC5B@mix-net.net> Date: Wed, 06 May 1998 20:17:07 +0100 From: "Chris \"Feeny\" Campbell" Subject: VerYNoN TMBG:National History Day @ D.C. Hi everybody, I'm doctor Nick! (Not really) Anywho, Is anyone on the list going to the national history day thinggymajig in D.C.? It would be really cool to meet one you TMBG fans. HAPPY BIRTHDAY JOHN FLANSBURGH! -- -Chris "fEenY" Campbell ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ TMBG SHRINE! Http://www.mix-net.net/~ccampbell E-mail - ccampbell@mix-net.net Or At - feeny@tmbg.org ----"No one understands, No one knows my plan" -John Linnell, ----"A note to myself, do the dumb things I gotta do, touch the puppet head" -John Flansburgh They Might Be Giants ------------------------------ Date: Wed, 06 May 1998 20:38:13 +0100 From: beknowles@vassar.edu (Ben Knowles) Subject: TMBG: quick question(s) Message-id: <01IWQ5P8PESI00F2X3@VASSAR.EDU> has anyone heard the tmbg song "what is everyone staring at?" okay, that was stupid - i'm sure many of you have. anyway, i found an mp3 of is somewhere, and it's really great, but the quality is fairly poor. are there more versions floating around out there? let me know if you have any info... also, does anyone no where i can find an mp3 of the new, rockin fast version of "they got lost"? i've only seen the slower version. maybe that guy that posted the toad's place mp3s (thanks a lot, by the way - they were great!) could put up "they got lost" from that show. i know it was the fast version cuz i was there. thanks, nub *%@%*=--=*%@%*=--=*%@%*=--=*%@%*=--=*%@%*=--=*%@%*=--=*%@%*=--=*%@%*=--=*%@%* | | | "Every jumbled pile of person Ben Knowles - Vassar College | | has a thinking part that wonders beknowles@vassar.edu | | what the part that isn't thinking Physics - Astronomy | | isn't thinking of." - TMBG Philosophy - Metaphysics | | | *%@%*=--=*%@%*=--=*%@%*=--=*%@%*=--=*%@%*=--=*%@%*=--=*%@%*=--=*%@%*=--=*%@%* ------------------------------ From: gray42@juno.com Date: Wed, 6 May 1998 20:53:28 -0400 Subject: Re: TMBG: They got lost Message-ID: <19980506.205503.6974.1.gray42@juno.com> Your going to have ta include me in on this one also, but if someone can send it, please please please don't send it to my Juno account which takes absolutely no attachments, but rather gray42@gte.net, that'll take files just fine :) Mysterio Gal (fellow Subgenius & Happy Mutant) " If there were no doorknobs nobody would be abel to open the doors. Everybody would die" --Claire (age 6) ICQ# 9585405 MST3K#88182 gray42@juno.com http://www.geocities.com/SoHo/Coffeehouse/4871 _____________________________________________________________________ You don't need to buy Internet access to use free Internet e-mail. Get completely free e-mail from Juno at http://www.juno.com Or call Juno at (800) 654-JUNO [654-5866] ------------------------------ From: gray42@juno.com Date: Wed, 6 May 1998 20:43:34 -0400 Subject: Re: TMBG: Brian Doherty Message-ID: <19980506.205503.6974.0.gray42@juno.com> >as one of the founding members of the "Search for Brian Doherty" web >page, >i am pleased as punch to hear that he is out there...somewhere...still >drumming. we can only hope he is still smiling that beautiful smile. >*sigh* :) > > jillian > It's also fairly interesting that my friend who was taught by Doherty also got his address and phone # (tho' he has not yet told me this very fascinating information) Mysterio Gal (fellow Subgenius & Happy Mutant) " If there were no doorknobs nobody would be abel to open the doors. Everybody would die" --Claire (age 6) ICQ# 9585405 MST3K#88182 gray42@juno.com http://www.geocities.com/SoHo/Coffeehouse/4871 ------------------------------ Message-ID: <35510BE9.7CB3@erols.com> Date: Wed, 06 May 1998 21:18:33 -0400 From: Zydell Subject: Re: VerYNoN TMBG:National History Day @ D.C. What is the national history day? Chris "Feeny" Campbell wrote: > Is anyone on the > list going to the national history day thinggymajig in D.C.? ------------------------------ Message-ID: <355112D2.73E42774@pop3.concentric.net> Date: Wed, 06 May 1998 20:48:02 -0500 From: AnaNg718@concentric.net Subject: Re: TMBG: Brian Doherty Ooohoo...really? %This is muy cool. Anastasia Still seeking Brian doherty gray42@juno.com wrote: > >as one of the founding members of the "Search for Brian Doherty" web > >page, > >i am pleased as punch to hear that he is out there...somewhere...still > >drumming. we can only hope he is still smiling that beautiful smile. > >*sigh* :) > > > > jillian > > > It's also fairly interesting that my friend who was taught by Doherty > also got his address and phone # (tho' he has not yet told me this very > fascinating information) > > Mysterio Gal (fellow Subgenius & Happy Mutant) > " If there were no doorknobs nobody would be abel to open the doors. > Everybody would die" > --Claire (age 6) > ICQ# 9585405 MST3K#88182 > gray42@juno.com http://www.geocities.com/SoHo/Coffeehouse/4871 ------------------------------ Message-ID: <35511397.15947F20@pop3.concentric.net> Date: Wed, 06 May 1998 20:51:19 -0500 From: AnaNg718@concentric.net Subject: TMBG: Happy ..... .....John Flansburgh's Birthday! The birthday boy is 38 today....shees! J/K Well, Happy Birthday, Jack! ------------------------------ Message-Id: Date: Wed, 6 May 98 22:21 EDT From: kbrodbec@remcen.ehhs.cmich.edu (Kirsten Brodbeck) Subject: Re: TMBG: Online Polls (was: TMBG: they got to linda...) >> I would. I dated one... >I take it you're not dating him anymore. If you don't mind my asking, what >happened? He suffered some sort of nervous breakdown when he entered college last year, and broke up with me. *sigh* We're still friends, though. But really, nearly ever guy I've dated and/or had a crush on has had somewhat Linnellian qualities. Skinny, quiet and goofy by turns, etc. Kirs -- ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ "You think you're so funny, but looks aren't everything." - Lincoln "Wish You Were Dead" Kirsten Brodbeck kbrodbec@remcen.ehhs.cmich.edu AKA Crow ------------------------------ Date: Wed, 6 May 1998 23:01:06 -0400 (EDT) From: 99 and 44/100% MIKe! Subject: Re: TMBG: quick question(s) Message-ID: On Wed, 6 May 1998, Ben Knowles wrote: > has anyone heard the tmbg song "what is everyone staring at?" okay, that > was stupid - i'm sure many of you have. anyway, i found an mp3 of is > somewhere, and it's really great, but the quality is fairly poor. are there > more versions floating around out there? let me know if you have any > info... Also known as "Two People In Love". I've only ever heard an astonishingly shitty-sounding DAS version of this wonderful song. I sincerely hope that it is eventually released in some form, preferably, initially, the same version cleaned up as a DAS online. A man can dream. MIKe www.journalx.com - playground justice beckons Best recent LP purchased: Joe Jackson - Big World Worst recent LP purchased: Style Council - The Cost Of Loving The moral: Joe Jackson good, Style Council bad. ------------------------------ Date: Wed, 6 May 1998 20:09:39 -0600 Subject: Re: TMBG: TMBG-Fwd: hey there Message-ID: <19980506.200948.11094.1.TMBgirl@juno.com> From: tmbgirl@juno.com (Joda: Master of Yedi) >While TMBG and the grunge bands might share some fans, I don't really >think >they were really in competition for listeners which either other (any >more >than XTC and Adam Ant what i'm saying is that all bands are going for as many fans as they possibly can get (at least they should be!). Which means that they should appeal to all audiences to be a truly popular band. >> anyways, just look in your cd collections... do you own any nirvana, >> pearl jam, or STP cd's? and those are just the super big "grunge" >> bands... > >I don't, personally, but my CD collection is fairly small (about 28 >discs). hehee... i think i just hit somewhere in the 350 zone... "They Might Be Giants is available now in shopping mall record stores, under the Ts, right next to Tiffany." ---Flansburgh * ---------------------------------------------------------------------- take it easy, JOrdaN http://www2.netcom.com/~arnot/joda/bootlegs.html Another fine IRC #tmbg moment: (rlough) Flans' wife is on tdk (rlough) tdk's page, I mean (Ryouko) Wow. tdk is gettin' action? (Ryouko) No wonder he's not talking. * ----------------------------------------------------------------------- _____________________________________________________________________ You don't need to buy Internet access to use free Internet e-mail. Get completely free e-mail from Juno at http://www.juno.com Or call Juno at (800) 654-JUNO [654-5866] ------------------------------ From: KdsInThHal Message-ID: <916e4971.35512f66@aol.com> Date: Wed, 6 May 1998 23:49:57 EDT Subject: Re: TMBG:Fear & Strange but True In a message dated 5/5/98 8:15:00 PM, gray42@juno.com wrote: >Also, my Mom has what I consider a rare talent (at least it's something I >can't do) She can tell which John is singing while listening to their >music, at all times, I personally needed help from the who sings what >list, Woah that's weird... I have no problem:) I don't even think they sound alike. Have you seen them live at all before? Or have any video type things of them? Maybe that would help. sarah http://lava.home.ml.org ------------------------------ Message-ID: <355131C5.85AC4405@pop3.concentric.net> Date: Wed, 06 May 1998 23:00:05 -0500 From: AnaNg718@concentric.net Subject: Re: TMBG: quick question(s) > > The moral: Joe Jackson good, Style Council bad. only related in the vaguest sense, but JOE JACKSON RULES. period. Speaking of erstwhile tmbg-ers, whatever happened to graham Maby? ------------------------------ Message-Id: <3.0.1.32.19980507000035.006a2b40@mail.clemson.edu> Date: Thu, 07 May 1998 00:00:35 -0400 From: Adam Tyner Subject: Re: TMBG: Graham Maby At 11:00 PM 5/6/98 -0500, AnaNg718@concentric.net wrote: > >Speaking of erstwhile tmbg-ers, whatever happened to graham Maby? Where were you last weekend? ;) Graham's playing bass with Natalie Merchant...seeing him on national TV last Saturday made me feel all warm and gooey inside...! /----=========================================================----\ http://www.awod.com/gallery/rwav/ctyner/ The home of He-Man, "Weird Al", Yoo-hoo, Killer Tomatoes, and more! Demented music list admin O- MiSTie #67,326 ------------------------------ Message-Id: <3.0.1.32.19980506150930.0068c340@pop.indy.net> Date: Wed, 06 May 1998 15:09:30 -0400 From: rachel Subject: TMBG: video comp. i just got word from cdnow that the tmbg video compilation i ordered about 2 months ago is on it's way to my house as i type this. this probably means that they now have it in stock if anyone is interested. it has more videos than the one formerly available through the info club, but is prohibitively more expensive as it is a japanese import. lovies, rachel ------------------------------ Message-ID: <3551371F.1F3311DD@home.com> Date: Wed, 06 May 1998 21:22:57 -0700 From: NICHOLAS JANSSEN Organization: @Home Network Subject: TMBG: An Idea To Get Linnell To The Top! Go to your local computer lab (such as a school or library) and vote with each computer! ------------------------------ From: Message-ID: <355137FE.E0AE62AB@pop3.concentric.net> Date: Wed, 06 May 1998 23:26:38 -0500 Subject: Re: TMBG: Graham Maby > Where were you last weekend? ;) Actually, moving. > Graham's playing bass with Natalie > Merchant...seeing him on national TV last Saturday made me feel all warm > and gooey inside...! Eeeeee! How excitying! I've been away from the list for so long.....Anastasia ------------------------------ From: KdsInThHal Message-ID: <6c75d5f8.355138a9@aol.com> Date: Thu, 7 May 1998 00:29:27 EDT Subject: Re: TMBG: moshing and such In a message dated 5/6/98 12:36:02 AM, beknowles@vassar.edu wrote: > >personally, i like a certain amount of rowdiness at They shows. hardcore >moshing is dumb, but there's nothing wrong with crowd-surfing. and the >conga line is going to cause rowdiness no matter what. i always find that >the crowd is divided into two extremes: the mosh pit, and the non-moshers >who are just standing there straight-faced and unmoving, trying as hard as >possible not to touch anybody. what's up with that? moshers need to chill >(or mosh a bit more politely) and everyone else needs to loosen up and get >excited. > Now that's not so accurate; I'm a non-mosher and I don't exactly stay *straight-faced and unmoving*.. though I move a LOT more at BNL shows. :) I think I twisted my ankle a couple times at the BNL show I was at in july.. >by the way, has anyone else made the observation that tmbg fans tend to be >almost universally shorter than average? i'm 6'2", and i always feel like >the tallest person at their shows. i feel bad, but... well duh, there's not >much i can do about it is there? Really? I'm 5'2" and I still feel like the shortest:) Though I have seen some people at my level at shows, that's kinda reassuring. :) But I'm still towered over. sarah ~ linnellgirl@tmbg.org ~ http://lava.home.ml.org ------------------------------ Message-Id: <3.0.1.32.19980507002933.0068c264@pop.indy.net> Date: Thu, 07 May 1998 00:29:33 -0400 From: rachel Subject: TMBG: gemm.com hmmmm...ok, get ready to call me stupid... i was crusing the tmbg list at www.gemm.com and came accross a few confusing items. seeing as how they're deficent in track listings i was wondering if anyone could give me more information on the following: "brand new album" that costs $36.14? "we're giants (live &" ? "then (rarites & B sides)" is this just like a then promo? or something i really need? and am i correct in assuming that the "3 cd" thing just means inches, right? thanks bunches. lovies, rachel ------------------------------ Message-Id: <3.0.2.32.19980507085652.0082feb0@mail-in.keme.net> Date: Thu, 07 May 1998 08:56:52 +0100 From: The Ellesleys Subject: Re: TMBG: linnellian and flansburghish people... At 19:01 06/05/98 -0300, you wrote: >At 11:17 PM 5/6/98 +0100, The Ellesleys wrote: >>Ok, so I have been told that i am a Linnell-like (meaning I bear a slim >>resembelence to Johnny-boy Linnell). I don't think this is THAT true but my >>hair is VERY linnell right now. Oh well, Que sera sera, life goes on. > >Every once in a while someone remarks that I'm very Linnell-like in >appearance and manner. With all the women that seem to find him >attractive, I often wonder why they don't find me so attractive! :> As you >said, life goes on. > >Harlan I was wondering what Linnell's eyes are like? Sounds kinda weird a guy asking that right!? I have a reason, my eyes were recently described by someone I really care about (though she is dating some other guy) as "fuck me" eyes (meaning, basically they have a look that lures the weak into bed with me). Everyone who I've ever gone out with has been converted into a Giant head, could thier willingness to like TMBG be for the same reason they were going out with me ('cause me and Linnell are evil twins)!!? It's a starnge idea but if they like me and how I am/look then they are bound to like Linnell and his music. The fact that I am a Brit and therefore do not have the fine brouge of Linnell when singing (but i has been said that I do a good impression, although it is sometimes well over the top. I know what Linnell is like 'cause he is like me (or vice versa) but what is Flansy like? --COLIN the thick Brit, ~THE ELLESLEYS~ (of Colchester-Essex-UK) Home Page: Http://www.keme.co.uk/~thelimes/ TMBG page: Http://members.xoom.com/uncle_squid/Xoom/ Top three songs of the moment: ==-->> "Don't let me down (gently)" - The Wonderstuff <<--== ==-->> "Wake up nd scratch me" - The sultans of ping <<--== ==-->> "We just go nuts at christmas time" - TMBG <<--== ------------------------------ Message-ID: <3551872C.9DC79AC@mailhost.tcs.tulane.edu> Date: Thu, 07 May 1998 05:04:28 -0500 From: Lord of the Underwear Empire Subject: Re: TMBG: gemm.com Yeah, gemm cofuses the hell out of me too. There seem to be either forty different versions of every single, or just a piss poor way of organizing them. I'm going to attempt to order stuff, but it's overwhelming and kind of scary. -Why am I not asleep?- rachel wrote: > hmmmm...ok, get ready to call me stupid... > i was crusing the tmbg list at www.gemm.com and came accross a few > confusing items. seeing as how they're deficent in track listings i was > wondering if anyone could give me more information on the following: > > "brand new album" that costs $36.14? > "we're giants (live &" ? > "then (rarites & B sides)" is this just like a then promo? or something i > really need? > and am i correct in assuming that the "3 cd" thing just means inches, right? > > thanks bunches. > lovies, > rachel -- "A woman's voice on the radio can convince you you're in love. A woman's voice on the telephone can convince you you're alone." -They Might Be Giants ------------------------------ Message-ID: <19980507134510.6292.rocketmail@web2.rocketmail.com> Date: Thu, 7 May 1998 06:45:10 -0700 (PDT) From: Danielle Gaither Subject: Re: TMBG: linnellian and flansburghish people... ---The Ellesleys wrote: > > I was wondering what Linnell's eyes are like? Sounds kinda weird a guy You, too? My sister and I were wondering this yesterday, as we can't even tell what color they are from the pictures we saw. > asking that right!? I have a reason, my eyes were recently described by > someone I really care about (though she is dating some other guy) as "fuck > me" eyes (meaning, basically they have a look that lures the weak into bed > with me). I want a pair of eyes like that. Unfortunately, I don't think it works the same way for women. If a man behaves a certain way, he's a "tortured soul." A woman who does the same thing is a bitch. Not that I'm bitter. ;) > like Linnell and his music. The fact that I am a Brit and therefore do not > have the fine brouge of Linnell when singing (but i has been said that I do > a good impression, although it is sometimes well over the top. Brogue? I thought only Scots and Irishmen had those. Shows what I know. Although last summer I worked with these Scottish people, and one of them had a really pronounced brogue. It was just the coolest thing to hear him say "rucksack," and he was so sweet; he'd always really ham it up for me. But I digress. :) > I know what Linnell is like 'cause he is like me (or vice versa) but what > is Flansy like? From what I can gather, Flans seems to be the more stable one. We're not so far removed from the whole extrovert/introvert thing to forget that Flans seems more outgoing and flashy (than Linnell). I'm afraid anything else I would have to say would sound like overanalyzing (it may be too late!), so I'll stop now. > --COLIN the thick Brit, Danielle, inspector over the mine === URL: http://www.geocities.com/CollegePark/1054/index.html "Remember me? I'm not married, I don't have any kids, and I'd blow your head off if someone paid me enough." --from _Grosse Pointe Blank_ _________________________________________________________ DO YOU YAHOO!? Get your free @yahoo.com address at http://mail.yahoo.com ------------------------------ Message-Id: <3.0.1.32.19980507104016.006a5f74@mail.clemson.edu> Date: Thu, 07 May 1998 10:40:16 -0400 From: Adam Tyner Subject: Re: TMBG: gemm.com GEMM isn't an on-line store...it's just a database of items on-line stores carry. If you want to see track listings, you'll have to e-mail the stores listed on GEMM... >"brand new album" that costs $36.14? That's something annoying WMI does...almost under every single artists, there's "Brand new album" and "Brand new single" for asenine amounts of money. >"we're giants (live &" ? The Japanese version of Misc. T...the same songs in different order, minus Hello Radio, IIRC. >"then (rarites & B sides)" is this just like a then promo? or something i >really need? It's either Then or a Then promo. I have both, and the promo doesn't have anything that's not available on Then. >and am i correct in assuming that the "3 cd" thing just means inches, right? Yup! -Adam /----=========================================================----\ http://www.awod.com/gallery/rwav/ctyner/ The home of He-Man, "Weird Al", Yoo-hoo, Killer Tomatoes, and more! Demented music list admin O- MiSTie #67,326 ------------------------------ Message-Id: <3.0.2.32.19980507155146.00820cf0@mail-in.keme.net> Date: Thu, 07 May 1998 15:51:46 +0100 From: The Ellesleys Subject: TMBG: TMBG (kind of):Listee photos Hello listees, How many of you have pictures of yourself on your HD's? Would you like them to be put on a kind of page that shows everybody what everybody looks like? If so, I'll gladly do it as I have just upgraded my webspace by loads. I really would like to have as many pictures as possable so get sendin'! --colin: who claims he is england ~THE ELLESLEYS~ (of Colchester-Essex-UK) Home Page: Http://www.keme.co.uk/~thelimes/ TMBG page: Http://members.xoom.com/uncle_squid/Xoom/ Last LPs bought: Vinyl- "8 Legged Groove Machine" by The Wonderstuff CD - "I Blame The Government" by carter the unstoppable sex machine ------------------------------ Message-Id: <3.0.5.32.19980507110633.007c7720@email.psu.edu> Date: Thu, 07 May 1998 11:06:33 -0400 From: "J. L. Moquin" Subject: Re: TMBG: TMBG (kind of):Listee photos The Ellesleys wrote: >Hello listees, > >How many of you have pictures of yourself on your HD's? Would you like them >to be put on a kind of page that shows everybody what everybody looks like? >If so, I'll gladly do it as I have just upgraded my webspace by loads. I >really would like to have as many pictures as possable so get sendin'! > >--colin: who claims he is england There's a whole mess of pictures at the URL in my sig. Unfortunately (?) most of them are of my baby, but I'm in there too, referred to mostly as "mommy". And if you go to the "first ten weeks" page, you can even see me when I was pregnant and huge! :) -jennifer, mommy to alice the bean, 8/15/97 http://www.emprl.psu.edu/~anth/ mailto:jls5@psu.edu "Death is useless. Useless is a spork. Therefore, death is a spork" -- Anthony Moquin ------------------------------ Message-Id: <3.0.2.32.19980507162735.0083d260@mail-in.keme.net> Date: Thu, 07 May 1998 16:27:35 +0100 From: The Ellesleys Subject: Re: TMBG: New Mono Puff CD Date At 18:15 06/05/98 EST, you wrote: >> According to the TMBG official page the new Mono Puff album is coming out >> May 19th! >> Woo-hoo! I'm coo-coo for mono puff! :-) > >Yea? and since when were their site ever right:)? >- >Drunken Bird >(who has just ordered all the LPs in CD format.. now just for large enough CD swopper) > > OK, can someone give me the full details on Mono-Puff. They are un-heard of in the UK and therefore unobtainable. I had a chat with this guy at my local Indie store who said he would order it for me. What are Mono-Puff like? What is the CD title? What other CDs have they released and what are they like? Colin: who claims that he is england ~THE ELLESLEYS~ (of Colchester-Essex-UK) Home Page: Http://www.keme.co.uk/~thelimes/ TMBG page: Http://members.xoom.com/uncle_squid/Xoom/ Last LPs bought: Vinyl- "8 Legged Groove Machine" by The Wonderstuff CD - "I Blame The Government" by carter the unstoppable sex machine ------------------------------ Message-Id: <3551da8028a1002@garnet.tc.umn.edu> Subject: TMBG: CD digital recording Date: Thu, 7 May 1998 10:59:59 -0500 (CDT) From: Chris Bongaarts To whoever asked about recording from their CD to a .wav or MP3 file: http://www.tardis.ed.ac.uk/~psyche/cdda/ is a very good site with FAQ's, links to programs, and reviews about recording digital audio directly off CD. These generate .wav files which can be encoded into MP3 form with l3enc or other MP3 encoders. %% Chris Bongaarts %% Chris.Bongaarts-1@umn.edu %% http://umn.edu/~cab %% U of Minnesota %% CBongo on EFnet IRC (#umn) %% Stop Plate Tectonics! ------------------------------ From: Dr Worm X Message-ID: <6b90dd9.3551e72f@aol.com> Date: Thu, 7 May 1998 12:54:06 EDT Subject: TMBG: They Got Lost Available If any of you that said you would like the they got lost mp3 would E-mail me directly, I would gladly zip it, and send it your way. Matt The few surviving samurai surveyed the battle field, they count the arms, the legs, and heads, and then divide by five Simpsons quote of the post: Just like the Beatles said: "Live and let live"-Apu http://members.aol.com/DrWormX ------------------------------ Message-ID: <3551EA2C.56A24548@pop3.concentric.net> Date: Thu, 07 May 1998 12:06:52 -0500 From: AnaNg718@concentric.net Subject: Re: TMBG: linnellian and flansburghish people... > > > I was wondering what Linnell's eyes are like? Very large and dark. Soulful. Beautiful eyes, he has. > Sounds kinda weird a guy > asking that right!? Nahh. I started listening to Lisa Loeb because five guys out of six kept saying how, because of my glasses, I look like her- smart and apparently very sexy, as one guy put it. So I had to investigate. It's not a strange question at all. > a starnge idea but if they like me and how I am/look then they are bound to > like Linnell and his music. Interesting theory. > The fact that I am a Brit and therefore do not > have the fine brouge of Linnell when singing (but i has been said that I do > a good impression, although it is sometimes well over the top. Hey, babe, talent is talent. > > > I know what Linnell is like 'cause he is like me (or vice versa) but what > is Flansy like? Flans is warm, snuggly, and lots of fun. He possesses cuteness too, in a different fashion. I always thought he was cute. Anastasia ------------------------------ From: mjames@envy.loyola.edu (Matthew James) Message-Id: <9805071707.AA25041@envy.loyola.edu> Subject: Re: TMBG: linnellian and flansburghish people... Date: Thu, 7 May 1998 13:07:14 -0400 (EDT) > Nahh. I started listening to Lisa Loeb because five guys out of six > kept saying > how, because of my glasses, I look like her- smart and apparently very > sexy, as > one guy put it. So I had to investigate. It's not a strange question at all. I always thought Lisa Loeb would look good except those glasses look horrible on her. Same with the guy from Lincoln. He has those black framed glasses and I think it looks bad on him. I recently saw him without the glasses and thought he looked much better. On some people certain glasses work but on others they're just much better off glasses-free. -Matt -- Matt James mjames@greed.loyola.edu Loyola College in Baltimore, MD Bruce Campbell Gazette: www.bcgazette.com ------------------------------ Message-ID: <3551EEBC.A4D28058@mail.utexas.edu> Date: Thu, 07 May 1998 12:26:20 -0500 From: Mitchell Harding Organization: University of Texas at Austin Subject: Non-TMBG: glasses Matthew James wrote: > I always thought Lisa Loeb would look good except those glasses look > horrible on her. Same with the guy from Lincoln. He has those black > framed glasses and I think it looks bad on him. I recently saw him > without the glasses and thought he looked much better. On some people > certain glasses work but on others they're just much better off > glasses-free. I must disagree. Strange though it may sound, I think almost everyone looks better with glasses than without. I can't really think of any exceptions... Harf, Mitch "The dumber people think you are, the more surprised they will be when you kill them." http://ccwf.cc.utexas.edu/~mitcharf/ ------------------------------ Date: Thu, 7 May 1998 13:28:35 -0400 (EDT) From: Aaron Ball Subject: Re: Non-TMBG: glasses Message-ID: On Thu, 7 May 1998, Mitchell Harding wrote: % > I always thought Lisa Loeb would look good except those glasses look % > horrible on her. Same with the guy from Lincoln. He has those black % > framed glasses and I think it looks bad on him. I recently saw him % > without the glasses and thought he looked much better. On some people % > certain glasses work but on others they're just much better off % > glasses-free. % % I must disagree. Strange though it may sound, I think almost everyone looks % better with glasses than without. I can't really think of any exceptions... % We are most definitely in agreement. A good pair of glasses beats a skimpy bikini any day. ------------------------------ Message-Id: <3.0.1.32.19980507122947.00693b98@pop.indy.net> Date: Thu, 07 May 1998 12:29:47 -0400 From: rachel Subject: Re: TMBG: linnellian and flansburghish people... Anastasia wrote: >Flans is warm, snuggly, and lots of fun. He possesses cuteness too, in a >different fashion. I always thought he was cute > yes! that is the best description of flans i've ever seen. when i met him at the columbus show he was wearing a terry-cloth shirt and i just wanted to give him a big hug! only because i wanted to touch his shirt, of course. i suppose "warm" could also apply to his personality too. just out of curiosity, has anyone ever hugged either of the johns? tell me, i'll be eternally jealous. ;) flans, at least in my eyes, has always posessed boyish good looks, adorably charming. (i can't beleive he's 38 already!) i'll stop now. lovies, rachel ------------------------------ Message-ID: <3551F03F.33C08EC5@mail.utexas.edu> Date: Thu, 07 May 1998 12:32:47 -0500 From: Mitchell Harding Organization: University of Texas at Austin Subject: Non-TMBG: glasses and swimwear > % I must disagree. Strange though it may sound, I think almost everyone looks > % better with glasses than without. I can't really think of any exceptions... > % > > We are most definitely in agreement. A good pair of glasses beats a > skimpy bikini any day. Although a carefully planned combination of the two can be rather aesthetically pleasing. Harf, Mitch "3 pants are better than no pants" http://ccwf.cc.utexas.edu/~mitcharf/ ------------------------------ Message-ID: <3551AA43.6CC8DF6C@mix-net.net> Date: Thu, 07 May 1998 13:34:13 +0100 From: "Chris \"Feeny\" Campbell" Subject: Re: VerYNoN TMBG:National History Day @ D.C. Zydell wrote: > What is the national history day? > > Chris "Feeny" Campbell wrote: > > Is anyone on the > > list going to the national history day thinggymajig in D.C.? It's a history competiton in Washington DC in June. This is Chris's sister Charis (charis@tmbg.org) I'm the one who caused Chris's obsessiveness with They. -- -Charis "fEenY" Campbell ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ TMBG SHRINE! Http://www.mix-net.net/~ccampbell E-mail - ccampbell@mix-net.net Or At - feeny@tmbg.org ----"No one understands, No one knows my plan" -John Linnell, ----"A note to myself, do the dumb things I gotta do, touch the puppet head" -John Flansburgh They Might Be Giants ------------------------------ Message-ID: <3551F0E6.DF147DBE@mail.utexas.edu> Date: Thu, 07 May 1998 12:35:34 -0500 From: Mitchell Harding Organization: University of Texas at Austin Subject: TMBG: Flansburgh's boyish good looks rachel wrote: > flans, at least in my eyes, has always posessed > boyish good looks, adorably charming. (i can't beleive he's 38 already!) I certainly do think that of the two of them, Flansburgh definitely looks younger. Neither of them look their age, I guess, but Flansburgh seems younger (to me). Harf, Mitch "We are clandestine in our obviousness" http://ccwf.cc.utexas.edu/~mitcharf/ ------------------------------ Message-Id: <3.0.5.32.19980507133859.007f33f0@email.psu.edu> Date: Thu, 07 May 1998 13:38:59 -0400 From: "J. L. Moquin" Subject: TMBG: Re: TMBG (kind of):Listee photos AnaNg718@concentric.net wrote: >And that baby is just darling. Does she have a TMBG baby tee? That would be neat >for a listee- photos page. Yes!! She does have a TMBG baby tee, but it fits her like a big dress right now. :) Maybe this summer I'll take some groupie pictures of her! :D BTW, we've been listening to a lot of They lately and she just loves it -- crawls up to the stereo and stands there, playing with the dials. But she doesn't like any of the "Fingertips" for some reason... Too choppy? *shrug* -jennifer, mommy to alice the bean, 8/15/97 http://www.emprl.psu.edu/~anth/ mailto:jls5@psu.edu "Death is useless. Useless is a spork. Therefore, death is a spork" -- Anthony Moquin ------------------------------ Message-ID: <3551F3FA.BC698306@mailhost.tcs.tulane.edu> Date: Thu, 07 May 1998 12:48:42 -0500 From: Lord of the Underwear Empire Subject: Re: TMBG: Re: TMBG (kind of):Listee photos > "Death is useless. Useless is a spork. > Therefore, death is a spork" -- Anthony Moquin I beg to differ!!! Spork, quite possibly mankinds greatest moment, is not useless. Spork, Spoon + Fork....it's sheer genius. I can eat my soup AND my fried chicken at the same time, with only ONE utensil!! We could cut the plastic waste worldwide down by half!! I want to meet the man who created the spork and shake his hand. God Bless America!!! -The Crazy Googan-Heimer- PS - The spork is the official plastic utensil of the United States Navy!! -- "A woman's voice on the radio can convince you you're in love. A woman's voice on the telephone can convince you you're alone." -They Might Be Giants ------------------------------ Message-Id: <3.0.1.32.19980507125518.006a2954@pop.indy.net> Date: Thu, 07 May 1998 12:55:18 -0400 From: rachel Subject: Re: TMBG: Flansburgh's boyish good looks >rachel wrote: > >> flans, at least in my eyes, has always posessed >> boyish good looks, adorably charming. (i can't beleive he's 38 already!) > mitch wrote: >I certainly do think that of the two of them, Flansburgh definitely looks >younger. Neither of them look their age, I guess, but Flansburgh seems younger >(to me). yeah, a friend and i were just talking about that the other day. how both the johns epitomize youthfulness, yet one of them is 2 years away from 40! agh! lovies, rachel ------------------------------ Date: Thu, 7 May 1998 12:00:39 -0600 (MDT) From: J Kuemmerle Subject: Re: TMBG: Flansburgh's boyish good looks Message-ID: On Thu, 7 May 1998, rachel wrote: > yeah, a friend and i were just talking about that the other day. how both > the johns epitomize youthfulness, yet one of them is 2 years away from 40! > agh! not bad for two folks who are one thousand years old, huh? ;) --jim kuemmerle, who sure thinks that's old... j.kuemmerle@m.cc.utah.edu ------------------------------ Message-ID: <3551F702.EB3EB9EA@mailhost.tcs.tulane.edu> Date: Thu, 07 May 1998 13:01:38 -0500 From: Lord of the Underwear Empire Subject: Re: TMBG: Flansburgh's boyish good looks How old is Linnell? > yeah, a friend and i were just talking about that the other day. how both > the johns epitomize youthfulness, yet one of them is 2 years away from 40! > agh! > -The Curious Googan-Heimer- -- "A woman's voice on the radio can convince you you're in love. A woman's voice on the telephone can convince you you're alone." -They Might Be Giants ------------------------------ Message-ID: <19980507180826.17467.qmail@hotmail.com> From: "melissa vellela" Subject: TMBG: the movie Date: Thu, 07 May 1998 11:08:26 PDT i saw They Might Be Giants, the movie last night on encore. it looked like it was made in the 50's, long before the Johns were even born!, anywhoo, it was pretty good. it was about some guy who thought he was sherlock holmes, and a doctor who tries to save him but ends up falling in love with him and they run around and do all sorts of crazy stuff. you should all watch it if you get a chance, itll be on again on thursday at 3pm, est on the encore station. thats 50B in boston, but i dunno what it is in other places. its funny, and in technicolor! well, thats about it. melissa ______________________________________________________ Get Your Private, Free Email at http://www.hotmail.com ------------------------------ Message-Id: <3.0.1.32.19980507131047.00691a28@pop.indy.net> Date: Thu, 07 May 1998 13:10:47 -0400 From: rachel Subject: Re: TMBG: Flansburgh's boyish good looks The Curious Googan-Heimer wrote: >How old is Linnell? > i beleive he is one year younger that flans- making him 37. could be wrong though. lovies, rachel ------------------------------ From: Message-ID: <3551FA1A.1F95BE21@pop3.concentric.net> Date: Thu, 07 May 1998 13:14:50 -0500 Subject: Re: TMBG: Flansburgh's boyish good looks Lord of the Underwear Empire wrote: > How old is Linnell? > he'll be 39 in June. ------------------------------ Message-Id: <3.0.5.32.19980507140429.00800df0@email.psu.edu> Date: Thu, 07 May 1998 14:04:29 -0400 From: "J. L. Moquin" Subject: Re: TMBG: Re: TMBG (kind of):Listee photos Lord of the Underwear Empire wrote: >> "Death is useless. Useless is a spork. >> Therefore, death is a spork" -- Anthony Moquin > >I beg to differ!!! Spork, quite possibly mankinds greatest moment, is not >useless. Spork, Spoon + Fork....it's sheer genius. I can eat my soup AND my >fried chicken at the same time, with only ONE utensil!! We could cut the >plastic waste worldwide down by half!! I want to meet the man who created >the spork and shake his hand. God Bless America!!! > >-The Crazy Googan-Heimer- > >PS - The spork is the official plastic utensil of the United States Navy!! Well, I've forwarded your opinions to the man who uttered the above syllogism, and I await his rebuttal. I can say, in his defense, however, that he never said Sporks are Useless. He merely asserted the opposite, namely that Useless is a Spork. Can you disprove this? -jennifer, mommy to alice the bean, 8/15/97 http://www.emprl.psu.edu/~anth/ mailto:jls5@psu.edu "Death is useless. Useless is a spork. Therefore, death is a spork" -- Anthony Moquin ------------------------------ Message-ID: <35520122.BEC60A23@pop3.concentric.net> Date: Thu, 07 May 1998 13:44:50 -0500 From: AnaNg718@concentric.net Subject: Re: TMBG: Flansburgh's boyish good looks Danielle Gaither wrote: > Really? What day? June 12, I believe. ------------------------------ Message-ID: <19980507193457.12867.rocketmail@web2.rocketmail.com> Date: Thu, 7 May 1998 12:34:57 -0700 (PDT) From: Danielle Gaither Subject: Linnell's birthday (Re: TMBG: Flansburgh's boyish good looks) ---AnaNg718@concentric.net wrote: > Danielle Gaither wrote (asking about Linnell's birthday): > > > Really? What day? > > June 12, I believe. Well, he's just going to have to move it. It's too close to mine (June 11). Of course, I guess he had it first. This is officially too weird. Danielle, inspector over the mine === URL: http://www.geocities.com/CollegePark/1054/index.html "Remember me? I'm not married, I don't have any kids, and I'd blow your head off if someone paid me enough." --from _Grosse Pointe Blank_ _________________________________________________________ DO YOU YAHOO!? Get your free @yahoo.com address at http://mail.yahoo.com ------------------------------ Date: Thu, 7 May 1998 13:30:37 -0600 Subject: Re: TMBG: Flansburgh's boyish good looks Message-ID: <19980507.133123.13590.1.TMBgirl@juno.com> From: tmbgirl@juno.com (Joda: Master of Yedi) >>How old is Linnell? >> >i beleive he is one year younger that flans- making him 37. could be eeek.. nope... he's one year older... Linny's b-day : june 12th, 1959 Flans's b-day : may 6th, 1960 * ---------------------------------------------------------------------- take it easy, JOrdaN http://www2.netcom.com/~arnot/joda/bootlegs.html Another fine IRC #tmbg moment: (rlough) Flans' wife is on tdk (rlough) tdk's page, I mean (Ryouko) Wow. tdk is gettin' action? (Ryouko) No wonder he's not talking. * ----------------------------------------------------------------------- _____________________________________________________________________ You don't need to buy Internet access to use free Internet e-mail. Get completely free e-mail from Juno at http://www.juno.com Or call Juno at (800) 654-JUNO [654-5866] ------------------------------ Date: Thu, 7 May 1998 13:27:36 -0600 Subject: Re: TMBG: linnellian and flansburghish people... Message-ID: <19980507.133123.13590.0.TMBgirl@juno.com> From: tmbgirl@juno.com (Joda: Master of Yedi) > just out of >curiosity, has anyone ever hugged either of the johns? tell me, i'll >be >eternally jealous. ;) flans hugged me :D i just asked him if i could get a pic with him and he hugged me... * ---------------------------------------------------------------------- take it easy, JOrdaN http://www2.netcom.com/~arnot/joda/bootlegs.html Another fine IRC #tmbg moment: (rlough) Flans' wife is on tdk (rlough) tdk's page, I mean (Ryouko) Wow. tdk is gettin' action? (Ryouko) No wonder he's not talking. * ----------------------------------------------------------------------- _____________________________________________________________________ You don't need to buy Internet access to use free Internet e-mail. Get completely free e-mail from Juno at http://www.juno.com Or call Juno at (800) 654-JUNO [654-5866] ------------------------------ From: mjames@envy.loyola.edu (Matthew James) Message-Id: <9805071930.AA25166@envy.loyola.edu> Subject: TMBG: Linnell party Date: Thu, 7 May 1998 15:30:11 -0400 (EDT) Danielle, as midnight approaches on June 11 you can switch gears from your own birthday party to a Linnell party when the 12th arrives. I wonder what a Linnell party would be like? I wonder what Linnell, or Flans for that matter, does on his birthday? As far as the skewered Johns go they remind of the Puppetheads during Exquisite Dead Guy. -Matt -- Matt James mjames@greed.loyola.edu Loyola College in Baltimore, MD Bruce Campbell Gazette: www.bcgazette.com ------------------------------ Message-ID: <35520F1A.2781@mail.utexas.edu> Date: Thu, 07 May 1998 14:44:26 -0500 From: Mitchell Perry Harding Organization: University of Texas at Austin Subject: Non-TMBG: odds of sharing a B-day with Them > This is officially too weird. The probability of, in a group of about 23 people, two people sharing a birthday is over 50%. How many subscribers do you think are on the list? Let's say 50. Then the probability of at least one of us having a birtdhay within 1 day of Mr. Linnell is (roughly) 34%. The probability of one of us having a birthday within 1 day of either John is about 57%. Not that weird, really. If there are 100 people on the list, the odds go up to 56% and 81%. Not that weird, really. Harf, Mitch http://ccwf.cc.utexas.edu/~mitcharf/ ------------------------------ From: gray42@juno.com Date: Thu, 7 May 1998 15:55:00 -0400 Subject: Re: TMBG:Fear & Strange but True Message-ID: <19980507.160959.3270.2.gray42@juno.com> Yes I have seen them live, and that did clear quite a few things up for me, before I ever saw them, I thought the qroup consisted of two people, one who always did the main singing, and one who did background stuff, and the lead singer I figured had a lower voice. I now know its not that way at all. Sadly I have never once seen a They Might Be Giants vidio. and to make matters worse, my friend just recently saw Snail Shell on MTV2...grrrrrrrr. But yes, I do find concerts very helpful, when I can see whose singing. Mysterio Gal (fellow Subgenius & Happy Mutant) " If there were no doorknobs nobody would be abel to open the doors. Everybody would die" --Claire (age 6) ICQ# 9585405 MST3K#88182 gray42@juno.com http://www.geocities.com/SoHo/Coffeehouse/4871 _____________________________________________________________________ You don't need to buy Internet access to use free Internet e-mail. Get completely free e-mail from Juno at http://www.juno.com Or call Juno at (800) 654-JUNO [654-5866] ------------------------------ From: gray42@juno.com Date: Thu, 7 May 1998 15:19:50 -0400 Subject: TMBG:Magazine Message-ID: <19980507.160959.3270.0.gray42@juno.com> A couple of my friends (who I was not w/ at the time) were flipping through some music magazine (not Details) and spoted an article about John & John. Sadly they don't remember the name of the magazine. Does anyone know what this mystery magazine might be? Mysterio Gal (fellow Subgenius & Happy Mutant) " If there were no doorknobs nobody would be abel to open the doors. Everybody would die" --Claire (age 6) ICQ# 9585405 MST3K#88182 gray42@juno.com http://www.geocities.com/SoHo/Coffeehouse/4871 _____________________________________________________________________ You don't need to buy Internet access to use free Internet e-mail. Get completely free e-mail from Juno at http://www.juno.com Or call Juno at (800) 654-JUNO [654-5866] ------------------------------ From: "Drunken Bird" Organization: Columbus State Univ.,Columbus, Ga. Date: Thu, 7 May 1998 16:34:28 EST Subject: TMBG: Re: Linnell's birthday Message-ID: <1171B8A0411@colstate.edu> > > June 12, I believe. > Well, he's just going to have to move it. It's too close to mine (June 11). > Of course, I guess he had it first. > It's not my birthday.. It's not today (sorry, SOMEBODY had to say it:) - Drunken Bird ------------------------------ From: BenMoobil Message-ID: Date: Thu, 7 May 1998 16:49:46 EDT Subject: Re: TMBG: Re: TMBG (kind of):Listee photos In a message dated 5/7/98 12:49:19 PM Central Daylight Time, wcornel@mailhost.tcs.tulane.edu writes: << I want to meet the man who created the spork and shake his hand. God Bless America!!! >> i think it was invented by Crnl.Sanders cause KFC is the only place i ever see sporks at though i do have 3 or 4 of them (-: The Ben~ also wondering about the fabulous history of the spork ------------------------------ Message-ID: <19980507210214.28571.rocketmail@web2.rocketmail.com> Date: Thu, 7 May 1998 14:02:14 -0700 (PDT) From: Danielle Gaither Subject: Re: Non-TMBG: odds of sharing a B-day with Them ---Mitchell Perry Harding wrote: > > > This is officially too weird. > Not that weird, really. The fact that I have a birthday so close to Linnell is not strange in itself, true. In fact, I can name 2 celebrities that I share a birthday with (Gene Wilder and the late Jacques Cousteau, if you care). The odd part is that I relate so much to Linnell, which I can't say for Wilder or Cousteau, although I do admire their work. While Linnell and I don't have everything in common (I don't like coffee and don't see what he and Flans have against the Rolling Stones), I definitely identify more with Linnell than just about any celebrity I can think of. That, coupled with the fact our birthdays are a day apart, is what I think is weird. As far as the 2-day party thing goes, that sounds great, but I'll be out of the country on my birthday this year. I don't think there are too many TMBG fans where I'm going (Germany). Sigh. You wanna know what's *really* weird? Guess who Mr. Linnell shares a birthday with: none other than former President George Bush. If anyone's curious, my reaction to discovering Bush had a birthday next to mine was something to the effect of, "Dammit!" ;) Danielle, inspector over the mine === URL: http://www.geocities.com/CollegePark/1054/index.html "Remember me? I'm not married, I don't have any kids, and I'd blow your head off if someone paid me enough." --from _Grosse Pointe Blank_ _________________________________________________________ DO YOU YAHOO!? Get your free @yahoo.com address at http://mail.yahoo.com ------------------------------ From: EmmyMik Message-ID: <43352591.35522428@aol.com> Date: Thu, 7 May 1998 17:14:14 EDT Subject: Re: TMBG: Re: TMBG (kind of):Listee photos In a message dated 98-05-07 16:52:10 EDT, you write: << i think it was invented by Crnl.Sanders cause KFC is the only place i ever see sporks at though i do have 3 or 4 of them (-: >> One of the schools that I went to passed them out at lunch. Now that I think about it, the plastic sporks tasted better than the food... ------------------------------ End of tmbg-list Digest #6-8 ****************************