Errors-To: owner-tmbg-digest@tmbg.org Reply-To: tmbg-digest@tmbg.org Sender: owner-tmbg-digest@tmbg.org Precedence: bulk From: owner-tmbg-digest@tmbg.org To: tmbg-digest@tmbg.org Subject: tmbg-list Digest #6-9 tmbg-list Digest, Volume 6, Number 9 Saturday, 9 May 1998 Today's Topics: Non-TMBG: no one knows my travel plans TMBG: Sporks NON-TMBG: skih nir dir boor nir dir hoom, SPORK! SPORK! SPORK! Re: TMBG: Sporks NON-TMBG: Sporks (WARNING! PUN AHEAD!) Re: TMBG: Sporks Re: Non-TMBG: odds of sharing a B-day with Them Re: Non-TMBG: glasses+TMBG:Shared Birthdays TMBG: Johnny's holding at 10, and Ric Flair is here to stay... Re: NoN TMBG: Sporks & Silverware Re: Non-TMBG: glasses+TMBG:Shared Birthdays Re: Non-TMBG: odds of sharing a B-day with Them Re: Non-TMBG: odds of sharing a B-day with Them Re: NON-TMBG: skih nir dir boor nir dir hoom, SPORK! SPORK! SPORK! TMBG: John back in *9*! TMBG: Re: OMLT's anyone? TMBG: Georgie Girl lyrics and Chords NON-TMBG: listee's baby photos TMBG: Misc. T part 2... Re: TMBG: Misc. T part 2... TMBG: House of Mayor? Re: TMBG: House of Mayor? Re: TMBG: Misc. T part 2... Re: TMBG: House of Mayor? Re: TMBG: Misc. T part 2... [Fwd: TMBG: Misc. T part 2...] Re: TMBG: Georgie Girl lyrics and Chords Nonish-TMBG: Linnell look-alikes.. TMBG: lots of kinda semi-TMBG stuff... TMBG: Electric Factory, the movie Re: TMBG: Misc. T part 2... TMBG: Photos of Listees (a plead for) Re: TMBG: TMBG (kind of):Listee photos Re: TMBG: Misc. T part 2... Re: TMBG: Misc. T part 2... Re: TMBG: Misc. T part 2... Re: TMBG: Misc. T part 2... TMBG: TMBG Japanese Import Video Re: TMBG: Misc. T part 2... Re: TMBG: lots of kinda semi-TMBG stuff... Re: TMBG: Photos of Listees (a plead for) TMBG: Dr. Spock's Backup Band MP3's? Re: TMBG: Dr. Spock's Backup Band MP3's? TMBG: Dr. Spock's mp3s... Re: TMBG: lots of kinda semi-TMBG stuff... Re: TMBG: Dr. Spock's Backup Band MP3's? Re: TMBG: Photos of Listees (a plead for) pretty NON-TMBG: Re: Photos of Listees (a plead for) TMBG: TMBG Japanese Import Video Re: TMBG: lots of kinda semi-TMBG stuff... Re: pretty NON-TMBG: Re: Photos of Listees (a plead for) Administrivia: If you wish to unsubscribe from this mailing send mail to tmbg-digest-request@tmbg.org for instructions on how to be automatically removed. --------------------------------------------------------------------- The views expressed herein are those of the individual authors. --------------------------------------------------------------------- tmbg-list is digested with Digest 3.5b (John Relph ). ---------------------------------------------------------------------- Message-Id: <199805072124.RAA03874@elvis.vnet.net> From: "Could be an Illusion" Date: Thu, 07 May 1998 17:24:37 -0500 Subject: Non-TMBG: no one knows my travel plans -----BEGIN PGP SIGNED MESSAGE----- On Thu, 7 May 1998 14:02:14 -0700 (PDT), Danielle Gaither wrote: >As far as the 2-day party thing goes, that sounds great, but I'll be out of >the country on my birthday this year. I don't think there are too many TMBG >fans where I'm going (Germany). Sigh. Hey, Danielle... Neat! I'm going over there myself, this Sunday actually! Got my tiny little toothpaste and everything. A group from my college will visit Berlin (TMBG did play there on their smashing world tour, didn't they?), Dresden, and Munchen, plus various smaller places along the way. Any TMBG-ers in exile over there raise your hands... :) I wonder if that bright orange shirt would be offensive on the streets of Berlin... probably would -- it's offensive =here,= to some. ;) Your Ugly American... soon to be better-traveled but no less ugly, =] Carl Hudkins + Tape list available at =--> http://users.vnet.net/chud/ [y ] [t =] "If Mom had known she was expecting, she might've gone to St. John's [h ] instead of drinking her fill with a Sudafed..." [e =] --words I heard, instead of the real ones by They Might Be Giants [r -----BEGIN PGP SIGNATURE----- Version: 2.6.2 Comment: Would you send mail without an envelope? iQCVAwUBNVImkr5BFpotHh45AQEcJAQA3h1PIcSnY9YvtQ6nwXHJ0hKZblPGv3cO pYWA7bThm5Z+85e0PtGKlJx12G3bYXDHa+9dK2jyyBNStIIbA7cpIEfrteFf8Suk 3coQiZ0SisREkxaQOZOcU9DGMubahWA72JkywiNQ+RbQkjVzLABRPz9m7bQI8mMP 7C8hB0LhfBkozA -----END PGP SIGNATURE----- ------------------------------ Date: Thu, 7 May 1998 17:38:06 -0400 (EDT) Message-Id: <3.0.16.19980507173602.336f0a34@postbox.acs.ohio-state.edu> From: Harry Subject: TMBG: Sporks >i think it was invented by Crnl.Sanders cause KFC is the only place i ever see >sporks at though i do have 3 or 4 of them (-: Pizza Hut also used to keep them on hand for school deliveries. In, fact, the spork was the only utensil I ever saw in school in Michigan. (Michiganders - Hearty, Spork Using Folk.) Anyway... This whole spork discussion reminds me of one of the Supreme Acts Of Surrealism that I pulled off back when I did such things. Just before I finally quit the crappy job at Pizza Hut, I liberated a full box of sporks (that's 1000 sporks, folks!) and set about giving them away to random strangers in front of the Kroger Supermarket. "Spork, Sir?" "Madam, would you care for a spork? No charge." Those were the best days of my life. ------------------------------ Date: Thu, 7 May 1998 15:59:13 -0600 (MDT) From: J Kuemmerle Subject: NON-TMBG: skih nir dir boor nir dir hoom, SPORK! SPORK! SPORK! Message-ID: On Thu, 7 May 1998, BenMoobil wrote: > The > Ben~ also wondering about the fabulous history of the spork the prime spork resource of which i am aware is located at www.spork.org. --jim kuemmerle, skih boor nir skir dir skih dinki door... j.kuemmerle@m.cc.utah.edu ------------------------------ Message-Id: Date: Thu, 7 May 98 18:15 EDT From: kbrodbec@remcen.ehhs.cmich.edu (Kirsten Brodbeck) Subject: Re: TMBG: Sporks >Pizza Hut also used to keep them on hand for school deliveries. In, fact, >the spork was the only utensil I ever saw in school in Michigan. >(Michiganders - Hearty, Spork Using Folk.) This is true. As a denizen of Alma, MI, I can verify that the only utensil readily availible in my highschool is a spork. I think they have forks at the snack bar, but apparently it's against school policy to pass them out to just *anyone*. The thing I've always liked about sporks is how it forces them to serve everything, even spaghetti, in the form of casserole-like lumpy goulash, because there's no way you could eat spaghetti properly when your tines are only 1/4 in long. Kirs -- ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ "You think you're so funny, but looks aren't everything." - Lincoln "Wish You Were Dead" Kirsten Brodbeck kbrodbec@remcen.ehhs.cmich.edu AKA Crow ------------------------------ Date: Thu, 7 May 1998 16:27:01 -0600 (MDT) From: J Kuemmerle Subject: NON-TMBG: Sporks (WARNING! PUN AHEAD!) Message-ID: On Thu, 7 May 1998, Kirsten Brodbeck wrote: (editor's note: DON'T SAY I DIDN'T WARN YOU...) > This is true. As a denizen of Alma, MI, I can verify that the > only utensil readily availible in my highschool is a spork. I think they > have forks at the snack bar, but apparently it's against school policy to > pass them out to just *anyone*. The thing I've always liked about sporks > is how it forces them to serve everything, even spaghetti, in the form of > casserole-like lumpy goulash, because there's no way you could eat > spaghetti properly when your tines are only 1/4 in long. ah, that makes me nostalgic for my days in public school... it was the best of tines, it was the worst of tines... --jim kuemmerle, donning his tomato-proof suit right now... j.kuemmerle@m.cc.utah.edu ------------------------------ Message-ID: <355237AE.949FB00C@mailhost.tcs.tulane.edu> Date: Thu, 07 May 1998 17:37:35 -0500 From: mighty JACK Subject: Re: TMBG: Sporks My school wouldn't let us use utensils at all, not after that incident with the spoon. I swear I've never seen so much blood. Yeah, the communal showers were a bitch too. They'd handcuff about four of us together and give us one bar of soap. It was awkward at first, but we all learned to cooperate. I loved quilting hour, except that we didn't get any needles or threads, and the quilts were Nike Shoes, and we had to put them together, at least 40 an hour, or Dirk, our "gym teacher" used Mr. Whip. Funny thing, everyone spoke Spanish too. -The Migrant Googan-Heimer- Kirsten Brodbeck wrote: > >Pizza Hut also used to keep them on hand for school deliveries. In, fact, > >the spork was the only utensil I ever saw in school in Michigan. > >(Michiganders - Hearty, Spork Using Folk.) > > This is true. As a denizen of Alma, MI, I can verify that the > only utensil readily availible in my highschool is a spork. I think they > have forks at the snack bar, but apparently it's against school policy to > pass them out to just *anyone*. The thing I've always liked about sporks > is how it forces them to serve everything, even spaghetti, in the form of > casserole-like lumpy goulash, because there's no way you could eat > spaghetti properly when your tines are only 1/4 in long. > > Kirs > -- > ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ > "You think you're so funny, but looks aren't everything." > - Lincoln "Wish You Were Dead" > Kirsten Brodbeck kbrodbec@remcen.ehhs.cmich.edu AKA Crow -- "A woman's voice on the radio can convince you you're in love. A woman's voice on the telephone can convince you you're alone." -They Might Be Giants ------------------------------ From: KdsInThHal Message-ID: Date: Thu, 7 May 1998 18:46:59 EDT Subject: Re: Re: Non-TMBG: odds of sharing a B-day with Them In a message dated 5/7/98 4:55:55 PM, cherubino@rocketmail.com wrote: >You wanna know what's *really* weird? Guess who Mr. Linnell shares a birthday >with: none other than former President George Bush. If anyone's curious, my >reaction to discovering Bush had a birthday next to mine was something to the >effect of, "Dammit!" ;) Yesterday was my grandfather's b-day and I didn't know , but when I found out, my first thought was "hey! he has the same birthday as flans!" ;) I share a birthday (september 2nd) with.. *Keanu Reeves* (LOL) and um.. what's his face, Robert Shapiro, I think he was involved with the OJ case or something.. sarah linellgirl@tmbg.org http://lava.home.ml.org ------------------------------ Message-Id: <3.0.3.32.19980507200338.00a91460@mail.csrlink.net> Date: Thu, 07 May 1998 20:03:38 -0400 From: Dylan Flipse Subject: Re: Non-TMBG: glasses+TMBG:Shared Birthdays At 12:26 PM 5/7/98 -0500, you wrote: >Matthew James wrote: > >> I always thought Lisa Loeb would look good except those glasses look >> horrible on her. Same with the guy from Lincoln. He has those black >> framed glasses and I think it looks bad on him. I recently saw him >> without the glasses and thought he looked much better. On some people >> certain glasses work but on others they're just much better off >> glasses-free. > >I must disagree. Strange though it may sound, I think almost everyone looks >better with glasses than without. I can't really think of any exceptions... Ha. Except me. I look TERRIBLE in any kind of glasses. It's true. I have this narrow face, and, well, bleh. Lisa Loeb is a babe though. Ok, I personally share a birthday (Jan 13) with Julia Louis-Dreyfus, Robert Stack, and Benedict Arnold. Those are all the interesting ones. As for Flans, here's what Infobeat says- *Happy Birthday* ---------------- - Tony Blair, 45, British Prime Minister - Mark Bryan, 31, musician, Hootie and the Blowfish - George Clooney, 37, actor, "ER" - Roma Downey, 35, actress, "Touched By An Angel" - Jimmie Dale Gilmore, 53, singer - Willie Mays, 67, MLB center fielder, 2-time MVP (1954, '65) - Bob Seger, 53, singer/musician And there you have it. That's right folks, Mike Leffel does NOT share a birthday with John Flansburgh. Nuts. Dylan "My name is not Deputy Dave" Flipse Dylan Flipse...one of them. - dflipse@csrlink.net Dylan's page is at http://www.geocities.com/Athens/9909/ for now. I'll never see myself in the mirror with my eyes closed -They Might Be Giants, the coolest thing this side of Zaphod Beeblebrox. ------------------------------ Message-ID: <35525475.2EED4249@mailhost.tcs.tulane.edu> Date: Thu, 07 May 1998 19:40:21 -0500 From: mighty JACK Subject: TMBG: Johnny's holding at 10, and Ric Flair is here to stay... I don't think Ric is going anywhere. I think someone figured out how to cheat and make it legitimate, because he's been on too long to be kicked off now. If he were a fraud, they'd have nailed him already, like that Flasher #6 guy... Johnny's down by about 13 votes as of now...I'll see what I can do. -The Scheming Googan-Heimer- PS- When I hit "reload", the the votes all dropped buy about 20, which makes me think they're subtracting all Fraudulent votes as we go... -- "A woman's voice on the radio can convince you you're in love. A woman's voice on the telephone can convince you you're alone." -They Might Be Giants ------------------------------ From: gray42@juno.com Date: Thu, 7 May 1998 20:05:05 -0400 Subject: Re: NoN TMBG: Sporks & Silverware Message-ID: <19980507.200740.9798.0.gray42@juno.com> Ah sporks, yes, I feel I should bring this up while I have the chance, before this discussion drifts into the void of time. Oh Tra la la... a friend of mine, who is currently working on a movie, which he's been working on for 5 years now, is, in my interpretation of a guy, Will, our main character, who is tortured throughout his life by crazy happenings and crazy people in his crazy world, his world is a conspiracy and everyone and everything is out to get him. Yes, crazy scientists, and silverware mess with his troubled mind, in fact there is a frightening thread of subliminal scary silverware throughout the movie. Even as a young boy, forks, spoons and knives stick out of every nook and cranny of his house. He opens a harmless looking random drawer of a small table in his living room, and guess what its filled w/...you got it...silverware!He throws piles and piles of it to the ground in frustration. Many, many years later he is still haunted by these metal tools. He has agreed to go on some sort of space mission, everything is highly detailed and complicated, but it seems to make no sense what-so-ever. In the darkness of the scientists secret laboratory, silverware covers the tables, men inspect them dig around, and discuss silverware placement, like the spoon is vulnerable with its dullness and should be protected by the knife, someone else brings up the possobility of combining the spoon and fork, because, you see, this is the age just before sporks. Now things get really creepy, Will runs into trouble, out in space, as soon as he escapes the Earth's gravity, the ship mysteriously stops working. Upon trying to fix it, he discovers that the ships electronics are nothing but houshold eating utensils! I know I'd be very afraid in this situation, evetually his skin melts off and he mutates into something totally different and is shot by his own father. If that last line confused you, it's because there is a lot more story than what I've already told you, I just had time to talk about the silverware bit. Hope it wasn't to borring for you, the edit may be finished by the end of the month, and the movie is aproximately 70 min. long, probably longer cause Jared keeps shooting more footage, hehe. Mysterio Gal (fellow Subgenius & Happy Mutant) " If there were no doorknobs nobody would be abel to open the doors. Everybody would die" --Claire (age 6) ICQ# 9585405 MST3K#88182 gray42@juno.com http://www.geocities.com/SoHo/Coffeehouse/4871 _____________________________________________________________________ You don't need to buy Internet access to use free Internet e-mail. Get completely free e-mail from Juno at http://www.juno.com Or call Juno at (800) 654-JUNO [654-5866] ------------------------------ From: KdsInThHal Message-ID: Date: Thu, 7 May 1998 21:05:32 EDT Subject: Re: Re: Non-TMBG: glasses+TMBG:Shared Birthdays In a message dated 5/7/98 8:06:12 PM, dflipse@csrlink.net wrote: > >And there you have it. That's right folks, Mike Leffel does NOT share a >birthday with John Flansburgh. Nuts. where in the hell *is* Leffel anyways?? I miss'im! sarah ------------------------------ From: Dr Worm X Message-ID: <1e6a2be5.3552628d@aol.com> Date: Thu, 7 May 1998 21:40:28 EDT Subject: Re: Non-TMBG: odds of sharing a B-day with Them what is linnell's birthday? matt (no sig now) ------------------------------ From: KdsInThHal Message-ID: <6112297d.355264cf@aol.com> Date: Thu, 7 May 1998 21:50:06 EDT Subject: Re: Re: Non-TMBG: odds of sharing a B-day with Them In a message dated 5/7/98 9:41:33 PM, DrWormX@aol.com wrote: >what is linnell's birthday? 6/12/59. sarah:) ------------------------------ From: Superman25 Message-ID: <8b1ca7ac.3552665e@aol.com> Date: Thu, 7 May 1998 21:56:44 EDT Subject: Re: NON-TMBG: skih nir dir boor nir dir hoom, SPORK! SPORK! SPORK! hi. << skih boor nir skir dir skih dinki door... >> good lord, jim. it took me forty minutes to realize what that was. but i had a mighty long laugh when i did. on the topic of sporks, i still have this spork that i took from a Hardees on my first vacation to Florida. i was about ten. oh, the memories. adam schaaf, who should stop watching must-see tv and finish his final paper. ------------------------------ From: KdsInThHal Message-ID: Date: Thu, 7 May 1998 22:04:39 EDT Subject: TMBG: John back in *9*! just like the message on the ng said: everyone write to editor@people.com and beg for Linnell to have his own radio button! (or checkbox if you want to call it that) *John Linnell* spell it right. ;) (((thursday, 5/7, 10 pm, est))) Here are the latest results: 1.Hank the Angry, Drunken Dwarf, 229149 votes 2.Ric Flair, 19016 votes 3.Leonardo DiCaprio, 14370 votes 4.Gillian Anderson, 7013 votes 5.Kate Winslet, 5906 6.Michelle Kwan, 5542 7.Faye Wong, 5506 8.Madonna, 5207 **9.John Linnell, 4140** 10.Sarah Michelle Gellar, 4132 11.Hanson, 3918 12.Mariah Carey, 2769 13.Hudson Leick, 2483 14.Eric Cartman, 2221 15.Janet Jackson, 2062 16.Lucy Lawless, 2059 17.Matt Damon, 1776 18.Brad Pitt, 884 19.Renee O'Connor, 835 20.Bill Muse, 798 ------------------------------ From: Christi587 Message-ID: <9877a783.3552735c@aol.com> Date: Thu, 7 May 1998 22:52:11 EDT Subject: TMBG: Re: OMLT's anyone? In a message dated 5/6/98 1:12:06 PM, poncho@iag.net wrote: >Has anyone heard anything about the OMLT's???? > >I haven't heard a thing and I'm running out of >faith!!!!! Hello all! Excuse my negligence in updating you! Mr. Robert Plass is currently helping the OMLT along by making the color-seperated design for me. Everyone give him a big round of applause for being such a swell guy. This dumb color- seperation thing has been the major hold up all this time, so things will pick up again immediately when I get the design. When I've received it, it goes straight to Bob with the money, and printing will (at last) start. Several notes: 1. If you need to contact me for any reason, email me directly at Christi587@aol.com, since I never have time to read the list anymore. I'll catch up when school lets out, I suppose... 2. If you don't know what an OMLT is, it's a list-only shirt designed and produced by listees, and sorry, but it is too late to order one (for now). 3. THANK YOU ALL for being so patient. --Christy ------------------------------ Message-ID: <3552726A.63EE@asan.com> Date: Thu, 07 May 1998 22:48:10 -0400 From: "Robert J. Plass" Organization: Schick Technologies, Inc. - The Leader in Digital Radiography Subject: TMBG: Georgie Girl lyrics and Chords Hello exquisite living people, Okay, I found this somewhere: TMBG does it differently, but here's the lyrics and chords anyway from the original by the Seekers: Eb GM Ab Bb Eb Gm Ab Bb Hey there Georgie Girl. Swinging down the street so fancy free. Eb Gm Ab Db Bb7 Nobody you meet could ever see the loneliness there inside you. Eb Gm Ab Bb Eb Gm Ab Bb Eb Gm Ab Hey there Georgie girl, Why do all the boys just pass you by? Eb Gm Ab Db Bbsus4 Bb7 Could it be you just don't try or is it the clothes you wear? Cm Gm Ab Eb You're always window shopping but never stopping to buy. G C F Bb Bb7 So shed those dowdy feathers and fly a little bit. Eb GM Ab Bb Eb Gm Ab Bb Hey there Georgie Girl, There's another Georgie deep inside. Eb Gm Ab Bb7 Cm Cm7 Bring out all the love you hide and oh what a change there'd be. Ab Bb7 Eb Gm Ab Bb7 The world would see a new Georgie Girl. Eb GM Ab Bb Eb Gm Ab Bb Hey there Georgie Girl. Swinging down the street so fancy free. Eb Gm Ab Db Bb7 Nobody you meet could ever see the loneliness there inside you. Eb Gm Ab Bb Eb Gm Ab Bb Eb Gm Ab Hey there Georgie girl, Dreaming of the someone you could be. Eb Gm Ab Db Bbsus4 Bb7 Life is a reality, you can't always run away. Cm Gm Ab Eb Don't be so scared of changing and rearranging yourself. G C F Bb Bb7 It's time for jumping down from the shelf, a little bit. Eb GM Ab Bb Eb Gm Ab Bb Hey there Georgie Girl, There's another Georgie deep inside. Eb Gm Ab Bb7 Cm Cm7 Bring out all the love you hide and oh what a change there'd be. Ab Bb7 Eb Gm Ab Bb7 The world would see a new Georgie Girl. ----------- Okay, Love, Rob ------------------------------ Message-Id: <3.0.32.19980507232002.00a76c74@mail.qx.net> Date: Thu, 07 May 1998 23:20:07 -0400 From: Bill Kirby Subject: NON-TMBG: listee's baby photos >From: "J. L. Moquin" >Subject: Re: TMBG: TMBG (kind of):Listee photos >Sender: owner-tmbg-list@tmbg.org >Reply-To: "J. L. Moquin" > >There's a whole mess of pictures at the URL in my >sig. Unfortunately (?) most of them are of my baby, >but I'm in there too, referred to mostly as "mommy". >And if you go to the "first ten weeks" page, you can >even see me when I was pregnant and huge! :) > > >-jennifer, mommy to alice the bean, 8/15/97 you too? ;) must be something about us august parents... although, there are no pictures of me when i was pregnant and huge! btw, i like the idea of having a pics page of listees... -bk, daddy to alexander william, 8/26/97 (webpage url omitted because it's SOOOO under construction. ok, ok, if you want to see more baby pics, you can look at http://web.qx.net/grendel/alex.htm) ------------------------------ Message-ID: <3552801D.36EB4292@mailhost.tcs.tulane.edu> Date: Thu, 07 May 1998 22:46:37 -0500 From: mighty JACK Subject: TMBG: Misc. T part 2... Why don't the Giants release another Misc. T album? They could put all the new songs that were on the last several singles on it. I mean, I can't get a copy of the Guitar, or Istanbul (not Constantinople), or Back to Skull....well, I could get some of them, but it would be annoying and costly...but I love Ant, Ms. Train, We've Got a World that Swings,...etc. I say put 'em all on one big album and let me buy them in one fell swoop. It wouldn't even be that hard to make, I wouldn't think. Just mix all the "already recorded" songs onto a CD. Anyone know why they haven't done this yet? Or are they planning to? Or what? I'm just frustrated. -The Frustrated Googan-Heimer- -- "A woman's voice on the radio can convince you you're in love. A woman's voice on the telephone can convince you you're alone." -They Might Be Giants ------------------------------ Message-ID: <3552818F.B48AF219@mailhost.tcs.tulane.edu> Date: Thu, 07 May 1998 22:52:48 -0500 From: mighty JACK Subject: Re: TMBG: Misc. T part 2... Actually, does anyone have CD writing capabilities...like a rewrittable CD-ROM or something? Albeit Highly Illegal, but wouldn't it be nice? It wouldn't be like we'd be directly costing the Giants money seeing as how they aren't selling those songs anywy....I know, I know, it's wrong, and I wouldn't do it either, but a guy can dream, can't he? What I'd do to have King of Wingo on CD. -The Law-Breaking Googan-Heimer- mighty JACK wrote: > Why don't the Giants release another Misc. T album? They could > put all the new songs that were on the last several singles on it. I > mean, I can't get a copy of the Guitar, or Istanbul (not > Constantinople), or Back to Skull....well, I could get some of them, but > it would be annoying and costly...but I love Ant, Ms. Train, We've Got a > World that Swings,...etc. I say put 'em all on one big album and let me > buy them in one fell swoop. It wouldn't even be that hard to make, I > wouldn't think. Just mix all the "already recorded" songs onto a CD. > Anyone know why they haven't done this yet? Or are they planning to? > Or what? I'm just frustrated. > > -The Frustrated Googan-Heimer- > > -- > "A woman's voice on the radio can convince you you're in love. > A woman's voice on the telephone can convince you you're alone." > -They Might Be Giants -- "A woman's voice on the radio can convince you you're in love. A woman's voice on the telephone can convince you you're alone." -They Might Be Giants ------------------------------ Message-ID: <355281EC.3F15822C@mailhost.tcs.tulane.edu> Date: Thu, 07 May 1998 22:54:20 -0500 From: mighty JACK Subject: TMBG: House of Mayor? What is House of Mayor and what is their relation to TMBG, if any? -The Curious Googan-Heimer- -- "A woman's voice on the radio can convince you you're in love. A woman's voice on the telephone can convince you you're alone." -They Might Be Giants ------------------------------ From: KdsInThHal Message-ID: <58818e62.35528347@aol.com> Date: Fri, 8 May 1998 00:00:06 EDT Subject: Re: TMBG: House of Mayor? In a message dated 5/7/98 11:54:45 PM, wcornel@mailhost.tcs.tulane.edu wrote: > What is House of Mayor and what is their relation to TMBG, if >any? It was/is John Linnell's latest solo project. I believe the disc itself is called "Hall of Mayors" and the last track is "House of Mayors". I'm not certain since I only have a dub of it.. Of course I asked for it for christmas and did I get it? no. :P I believe it's still available from the TMBInfo club / www.tmbg.com sarah ~ linnellgirl@tmbg.org ~ http://lava.home.ml.org ------------------------------ Message-ID: <355283C7.5915F3F8@mailhost.tcs.tulane.edu> Date: Thu, 07 May 1998 23:02:16 -0500 From: mighty JACK Subject: Re: TMBG: Misc. T part 2... Maybe they could even put out a Christmas album, with O Tannenbaum and Christmas Card, and We just go nuts....oh dear, I seem to have gotten myself on a tangent.....grrrr..... -The Hopeful Googan-Heimer- ------------------------------ Message-Id: <3.0.1.32.19980507232156.0068f3d8@pop.indy.net> Date: Thu, 07 May 1998 23:21:56 -0400 From: rachel Subject: Re: TMBG: House of Mayor? sarah wrote: > >I believe it's still available from the TMBInfo club / www.tmbg.com > isn't it sold out? i think you can still get state songs though. ;) lovies, rachel ------------------------------ Message-Id: <199805080500.BAA13138@ussenterprise.ufp.org> Date: Fri, 08 May 1998 00:00:38 -0500 From: checkers Subject: Re: TMBG: Misc. T part 2... > Maybe they could even put out a Christmas album, with O Tannenbaum and >Christmas Card, and We just go nuts....oh dear, I seem to have gotten myself on >a tangent.....grrrr..... and maybe careless santa.... =) couldn't resist.... rabidchild (.paul swan) ------------------------------ Date: Fri, 08 May 1998 00:08:42 -0500 From: Jamal Rogers Subject: [Fwd: TMBG: Misc. T part 2...] Message-id: <3552935A.EC3D5D0D@ac.grin.edu> [Attachment omitted, unknown MIME type or encoding (message/rfc822)] ------------------------------ Message-ID: <3552D0FF.45D3CA83@geocities.com> Date: Fri, 08 May 1998 02:31:45 -0700 From: Nathan Mulac DeHoff Organization: The Intergalactic Cult of VoVat Subject: Re: TMBG: Georgie Girl lyrics and Chords Robert J. Plass wrote: > Hey there Georgie Girl. Swinging down the street so fancy free. I thought it was "Hey there, blimpy boy, flying through the sky so fancy free." -- Nathan Mulac DeHoff DinnerBell@tmbg.org or vovat@geocities.com http://www.geocities.com/Area51/Corridor/5447/ "All I know could be defaced by the facts in the life of Chess Piece Face." ------------------------------ Date: Fri, 8 May 1998 03:41:59 -0400 (EDT) From: Beth Connell Subject: Nonish-TMBG: Linnell look-alikes.. Message-ID: On Tuesday, May 5th, Danielle Gaither wrote: > You know what the really sad thing is? If we knew a Linnell-type (and > not being rabid fans of his music) in real life, we probably wouldn't > give him a second look. Well. You might, but I dated a man with a surprising resemblance to John L. for about 6 months back in 1990. And he's the one who got me into TMBG, too. I'm engaged now, but you know..if he showed up on my doorstep, I'd /still/ be attracted to him. But I've never been a big fan of 'drop-dead gorgeous and soulless.'. I like 'em slightly 'goofy' looking with big noses. :) Nice butts, too. *grin* Beth -<*>- http://www.cgicafe.com/~soulfire | "I want to raise my freak flag higher and higher..." -TMBG | "Rock Climbing, Joel. Rock Climbing." -Tom Servo, MST3K | "I love humans. Always seeing patterns in things that aren't there." -Dr. Who (8th Doctor) | Odangos, anyone? -<*>- ------------------------------ Date: Fri, 8 May 1998 03:10:11 -0500 (CDT) From: Tara Lynne Weber <00085244@bigred.unl.edu> Subject: TMBG: lots of kinda semi-TMBG stuff... Message-ID: > I was wondering what Linnell's eyes are like? Sounds kinda weird a guy > asking that right!? I have a reason, my eyes were recently described by > someone I really care about (though she is dating some other guy) as > "fuck me" eyes (meaning, basically they have a look that lures the weak > into bed with me). Everyone who I've ever gone out with has been hehehe...before having read this, I was going to respond to this whole people-who-are-Linnell-like-in-some-manner thread by mentioning that I've been told I have big freaky starey Linnellish eyes--like Linnell, I am often assumed to be staring when I'm really not--but then I read this and learned that apparently there's another term for eyes like that. :) See, I need to downplay the freak aspect and play up the sex-symbol thing, apparently. :-D I also possess the Linnell-like trait of often appearing somewhat standoffish and aloof and generally annoyed by people, even when that's not actually the case. And like Linnell, I am irritated by infringements upon my personal space (I'm thinking of his little article about airplane seating from a past newsletter and tmbg.com. :) Incidentally, speaking of weird eyes, I recently dated a guy who has two different colored eyes--one green and one blue! And the wacky thing is, I didn't even notice this until *after* we were no longer dating (it didn't last long--it was kind of a "well, this is cool and all, but one of us is leaving the state in six months, so we'll be really awkward platonic friends instead" sort of thing). I can't believe it took me so long to notice, but once I did notice, it became completely obvious, and now I'm distracted by it whenever I talk to him because it's just so weird, and then it looks like I'm staring at him, which is bad because I'm trying to act all nonchalant and stuff because we're not "dating" anymore, and.....enough about that. :) ok, that was utterly unrelated to tmbg....um...Oh! OK, bear with me for a second, 'cause I swear this *is* tmbg related: For those of y'all who have any sort of spare time, go to http://ciips.ee.uwa.edu.au/~hutch/hal/ and download the MegaHAL program--it's a very, very amusing simulated conversation type thingybob. The online one is funny too, but the program that you actually download is better, because it spontaneously quotes tmbg lyrics at you! The way it works is that its "vocabulary" only includes what you teach it, and the person who created the program provided it with sort of a "starter" dictionary of phrases (which it can take apart and combine with parts of other phrases--it's not just stuck with already formed ones, I mean), and apparently it got fed a lot of tmbg! Here's an excerpt of our "conversation": MegaHAL: A computer is a sword with a stick. User: oh, that is so male. MegaHAL: Because this method of communication is so male. User: no kidding. MegaHAL: Can't shake the devil's hand and say you're only kidding. User: this is where the party ends, i just can't stand listening to User: you and your racist friend. MegaHAL: Precious and few are the moments that you and your racist MegaHAL: friend can share. User: you know they might be giants! MegaHAL: No man has ever spoken a more profound truth. OK, so I thought it was pretty cool. :) MegaHAL had other amusing things to say, such as "Hello there, it is nice to be druids", "The sun is a mixture of chalk and clay used for filtering urine from the sun", "The carrot is a fairy who forewarns of death by wailing," and "William Shakespeare was an english naturalist. He published his theory of evolution in a single row along the length of each chromosome." Great fun, I tell you. :) OK, I'm going back to my cage now. --Tara, who is GRADUATIN' on Saturday! :) -- Tara Weber 00085244@bigred.unl.edu http://members.tripod.com/~TaraW "We want everybody to have a good time, but we're not on a rock hero trip." --John Flansburgh "It's more of a rock gyro trip." --John Linnell ****MSTie #74191, TMBGer #38978**** ------------------------------ From: NitpickR Message-ID: Date: Fri, 8 May 1998 04:23:12 EDT Subject: TMBG: Electric Factory, the movie Hello 41- Electric Factory: http://www.electricfactory.com/artists/tmbg/vox Some not so great pictures TMBG the movie- I have this on tape, and just saw it on Encore and Starz. The more I see it, the more I like it. It's very TMBG (the band) or I could just be reading too far into it. Adam ------------------------------ Message-Id: <1.5.4.32.19980508102654.007588e4@Cybnetonline.com> Date: Fri, 08 May 1998 05:26:54 -0500 From: "The Li'l Depressed Boy" Subject: Re: TMBG: Misc. T part 2... At 12:00 AM 5/8/98 -0500, checkers wrote: > >> Maybe they could even put out a Christmas album, with O Tannenbaum and >>Christmas Card, and We just go nuts....oh dear, I seem to have gotten >myself on >>a tangent.....grrrr..... > >and maybe careless santa.... =) > You seem to be forgetting Santa's Beard... LDB -- (this site cuts the amount of URL's I put in my Sig) My Web Page Index: http://www.cybnetonline.com/users/njack/ TMBG | D.U.M.B. NEWS | Mr. Gone Font -- Contemporary Cartoon Militia is (C) & TM 1998 S. Steven Struble and Kris W. M. Struble. The Li'l Depressed Boy, Phreeck, Spyder Hunt, and all related characters (C) & TM 1998 S. Steven Struble ------------------------------ Message-Id: <3.0.2.32.19980508120857.007c38b0@mail-in.keme.net> Date: Fri, 08 May 1998 12:08:57 +0100 From: Squidgy Colin Subject: TMBG: Photos of Listees (a plead for) C,mon guys! To those (4) who have submitted their photos... good on ya, you're all beautiful. To the hundreds who havn't but have still said what a great idea the page is... it'll only be great if you submit something picture wise! To all hose without scanners/access to scanners, there is nothing that can't be done! Thank you and be cool, C.O.L.I.N. (Causing Ordinary Listees Irritable Nerves) ~THE ELLESLEYS~ (of Colchester-Essex-UK) Home Page: Http://www.keme.co.uk/~thelimes/ TMBG page: Http://members.xoom.com/uncle_squid/Xoom/ Last LPs bought: Vinyl- "8 Legged Groove Machine" by The Wonderstuff CD - "I Blame The Government" by carter the unstoppable sex machine Last single bought: CD - "The Impression That I Get" by The Mighty Mighty BossTones ------------------------------ Message-ID: <3552EEE7.9459DE56@megahits.com> Date: Fri, 08 May 1998 07:39:19 -0400 From: Lee Steel Organization: LSDesign Subject: Re: TMBG: TMBG (kind of):Listee photos Kind of a bizarre request, but, for anyone who cares......there is a picture of me at http://www.megahits.com/lees ------------------------------ Message-ID: <3552F04F.A677C9D1@megahits.com> Date: Fri, 08 May 1998 07:45:19 -0400 From: Lee Steel Organization: LSDesign Subject: Re: TMBG: Misc. T part 2... I just found a copy of Back To The Skull so it is still out ther. Search the Used CD Web sites. -Mr.Lee ------------------------------ Date: Fri, 8 May 1998 07:49:48 -0600 Subject: Re: TMBG: Misc. T part 2... Message-ID: <19980508.075358.11094.1.TMBgirl@juno.com> From: tmbgirl@juno.com (Joda: Master of Yedi) > Why don't the Giants release another Misc. T album? They >could >put all the new songs that were on the last several singles on it. i believe they were going to... "superfuled freaksicle" or "superfueled freakcycle" but, obviously, the idea never materialized. * ---------------------------------------------------------------------- take it easy, JOrdaN http://www2.netcom.com/~arnot/joda/bootlegs.html Another fine IRC #tmbg moment: (rlough) Flans' wife is on tdk (rlough) tdk's page, I mean (Ryouko) Wow. tdk is gettin' action? (Ryouko) No wonder he's not talking. * ----------------------------------------------------------------------- _____________________________________________________________________ You don't need to buy Internet access to use free Internet e-mail. Get completely free e-mail from Juno at http://www.juno.com Or call Juno at (800) 654-JUNO [654-5866] ------------------------------ Date: Fri, 08 May 1998 09:03:42 -0500 From: Chad Maloney Subject: Re: TMBG: Misc. T part 2... Message-id: <355310BE.22AC5D4E@rosevc.rose-hulman.edu> checkers wrote: > > > Maybe they could even put out a Christmas album, with O Tannenbaum and > >Christmas Card, and We just go nuts....oh dear, I seem to have gotten > myself on > >a tangent.....grrrr..... > > and maybe careless santa.... =) Here we go again.... *grin* - Chad ------------------------------ Message-ID: <3553118F.D24C0B97@mailhost.tcs.tulane.edu> Date: Fri, 08 May 1998 09:07:11 -0500 From: mighty JACK Subject: Re: TMBG: Misc. T part 2... Do we know why the idea never materialized? Is Elektra holding out? Do they have exclusive rights to the songs? Did TMBG lose interest? Is there some way we can work it all out? Maybe I could spearhead a committee, you could head a letter-writing campaign. Get a petition going, and then we could make a change in this community!! Seriously, is it a fruitless cause? -The Wishes He Did Have a CD-r Googan-Heimer- Joda: Master of Yedi wrote: > > Why don't the Giants release another Misc. T album? They > >could > >put all the new songs that were on the last several singles on it. > > i believe they were going to... "superfuled freaksicle" or "superfueled > freakcycle" but, obviously, the idea never materialized. > > ---------------------------------------------------------------------- > take it easy, JOrdaN > http://www2.netcom.com/~arnot/joda/bootlegs.html > Another fine IRC #tmbg moment: > (rlough) Flans' wife is on tdk > (rlough) tdk's page, I mean > (Ryouko) Wow. tdk is gettin' action? > (Ryouko) No wonder he's not talking. > ----------------------------------------------------------------------- > > _____________________________________________________________________ > You don't need to buy Internet access to use free Internet e-mail. > Get completely free e-mail from Juno at http://www.juno.com > Or call Juno at (800) 654-JUNO [654-5866] ------------------------------ Message-ID: <3553156A.FDD05200@btc.adaptec.com> Date: Fri, 08 May 1998 08:23:38 -0600 From: Russ Josephson Organization: Adaptec, Inc Subject: TMBG: TMBG Japanese Import Video > Message-Id: <3.0.1.32.19980506150930.0068c340@pop.indy.net> > Date: Wed, 06 May 1998 15:09:30 -0400 > From: rachel > Subject: TMBG: video comp. > > i just got word from cdnow that the tmbg video compilation i ordered about > 2 months ago is on it's way to my house as i type this. this probably means > that they now have it in stock if anyone is interested. it has more videos > than the one formerly available through the info club, but is prohibitively > more expensive as it is a japanese import. > > lovies, > rachel Here's what CDNOW shows for this item: They Might Be Giants VideoCo Japanese import. 8 clips: "Purple Toupee," "They'll Need a Crane," "Ana Ng," more. 22 min. JAPANESE IMPORTS R-4037 VHS List Price $ 39.95 CDnow Price $35.49 The (unavailable?) US compilation has 6 clips from the pre-Elekra days only and runs (17:30) long: Purple Toupee They'll Need a Crane Ana Ng Hotel Detective Don't Let's Start PYHI The Puppet Head What are the extra two tracks? Birdhouse & Istanbul perhaps? -- WORK: HOME: Adaptec, Inc. Russ Josephson 1951 S. Fordham St. 1217 N. Aspen Dr. Longmont, CO 80503 Berthoud, CO 80513-1040 Phone: (303) 684-4722 (970) 532-0453 Fax: (303) 684-3020 (970) 690-1509 (cellular) mailto:russj@btc.adaptec.com mailto:russj@juno.com http://www.adaptec.com http://www.geocities.com/SunsetStrip/7158 ------------------------------ Message-Id: <3.0.1.32.19980508102856.006a24c4@mail.clemson.edu> Date: Fri, 08 May 1998 10:28:56 -0400 From: Adam Tyner Subject: Re: TMBG: Misc. T part 2... There was a lot of discussion about this a year or 2 ago... You might want to look through the list archives at tmbg.org... I remember that it was being put off indefinitely...I also seem to remember that both TMBG and Elektra thought it's a little too inaccessible for most people. -Adam At 09:07 AM 5/8/98 -0500, mighty JACK wrote: >Do we know why the idea never materialized? Is Elektra holding >out? Do they have exclusive rights to the songs? Did TMBG lose interest? >Is there some way we can work it all out? Maybe I could spearhead a >committee, you could head a letter-writing campaign. Get a petition going, >and then we could make a change in this community!! Seriously, is it a >fruitless cause? /----=========================================================----\ http://www.awod.com/gallery/rwav/ctyner/ The home of He-Man, "Weird Al", Yoo-hoo, Killer Tomatoes, and more! Demented music list admin O- MiSTie #67,326 ------------------------------ Message-ID: <19980508143957.22856.rocketmail@web1.rocketmail.com> Date: Fri, 8 May 1998 07:39:57 -0700 (PDT) From: Danielle Gaither Subject: Re: TMBG: lots of kinda semi-TMBG stuff... ---Tara Lynne Weber <00085244@bigred.unl.edu> wrote: > > been told I have big freaky starey Linnellish eyes--like Linnell, I am > often assumed to be staring when I'm really not--but then I read this and I get accused of that all the time. I have an uncanny ability to be looking at absolutely nothing. John-boy gets this, too? I did not know that. > apparently. :-D I also possess the Linnell-like trait of often appearing > somewhat standoffish and aloof and generally annoyed by people, even when > that's not actually the case. And like Linnell, I am irritated by I get the same thing, but unfortunately, it is becoming the truth more and more often. Sort of a self-fulfilling prophecy thing. I need a change of scenery. > infringements upon my personal space (I'm thinking of his little article > about airplane seating from a past newsletter and tmbg.com. :) I *love* that article! Of course, it doesn't help that next Saturday I will be spending 16 hours on and between airplanes. I, too, share that neurosis. Upon discovering that Mr. Linnell and I are both Geminis, I wondered if he has that dual-personality thing going on. I'll be honest; anyone who knows me well can say that there are at least 2 of me. :) I've figured it out! Looking for a Linnell-type isn't going to do me any good because I can find one of those in the mirror. What I need to do is find someone like Mrs. Linnell (except male, of course). I wonder what she's like... ;) BTW, the 2 preceding paragraphs were somewhat tongue-in-cheek. I'm neither that obsessive nor that desparate. > Incidentally, speaking of weird eyes, I recently dated a guy who has two > different colored eyes--one green and one blue! And the wacky thing is, I How weird! I knew a girl in high school who has one green eye and one brown eye. Freaky. > --Tara, > who is GRADUATIN' on Saturday! :) Congrats! So am I. Well, technically, I don't graduate until August, but summer grads get to walk in May. Then it's off to Germany for a month. After that, I have no idea. Danielle, inspector over the mine === URL: http://www.geocities.com/CollegePark/1054/index.html "Remember me? I'm not married, I don't have any kids, and I'd blow your head off if someone paid me enough." --from _Grosse Pointe Blank_ _________________________________________________________ DO YOU YAHOO!? Get your free @yahoo.com address at http://mail.yahoo.com ------------------------------ Message-ID: <19980508144941.10123.rocketmail@web4.rocketmail.com> Date: Fri, 8 May 1998 07:49:41 -0700 (PDT) From: Danielle Gaither Subject: Re: TMBG: Photos of Listees (a plead for) ---Squidgy Colin wrote: > > C,mon guys! > > To those (4) who have submitted their photos... good on ya, you're all > beautiful. To the hundreds who havn't but have still said what a great idea > the page is... it'll only be great if you submit something picture wise! To > all hose without scanners/access to scanners, there is nothing that can't > be done! Feel free to use either of the following: http://www.geocities.com/CollegePark/1054/grad.gif http://www.geocities.com/CollegePark/1054/wrestle.gif > Thank you and be cool, > > C.O.L.I.N. (Causing Ordinary Listees Irritable Nerves) Danielle, inspector over the mine === URL: http://www.geocities.com/CollegePark/1054/index.html "Remember me? I'm not married, I don't have any kids, and I'd blow your head off if someone paid me enough." --from _Grosse Pointe Blank_ _________________________________________________________ DO YOU YAHOO!? Get your free @yahoo.com address at http://mail.yahoo.com ------------------------------ Message-Id: <3.0.5.32.19980508110222.007f1c70@email.psu.edu> Date: Fri, 08 May 1998 11:02:22 -0400 From: "J. L. Moquin" Subject: TMBG: Dr. Spock's Backup Band MP3's? Could the person who has the webpage with all the songs from DSBB as huge MP3's please send me the URL again? I seem to have misplaced it... :( TIA! -jennifer, mommy to alice the bean, 8/15/97 http://www.emprl.psu.edu/~anth/ mailto:jls5@psu.edu "Death is useless. Useless is a spork. Therefore, death is a spork" -- Anthony Moquin ------------------------------ Message-ID: <3553203C.F3765486@mailhost.tcs.tulane.edu> Date: Fri, 08 May 1998 10:09:49 -0500 From: mighty JACK Subject: Re: TMBG: Dr. Spock's Backup Band MP3's? What is Dr. Spock's Backup Band? I get the obvious reference, but I don't know what they are in real life... -The Kirk-Lovin' Googan-Heimer- J. L. Moquin wrote: > Could the person who has the webpage with all the > songs from DSBB as huge MP3's please send me the > URL again? I seem to have misplaced it... :( > > TIA! > > -jennifer, mommy to alice the bean, 8/15/97 > http://www.emprl.psu.edu/~anth/ > mailto:jls5@psu.edu > > "Death is useless. Useless is a spork. > Therefore, death is a spork" -- Anthony Moquin ------------------------------ Date: Fri, 8 May 1998 10:13:33 -0400 (EDT) From: Jish Subject: TMBG: Dr. Spock's mp3s... Message-ID: Well for whoever wanted the URL again it is: http://tmbg.res.cmu.edu/ The mp3s are on the Special Offer Page... For the person who wanted to know what Dr. Spock's *is*...It is a bootleg CD recording of a TMBG show from Chicago in 1992 Jishy ------------------------------ Message-Id: <3.0.1.32.19980508101515.0069543c@pop.indy.net> Date: Fri, 08 May 1998 10:15:15 -0400 From: rachel Subject: Re: TMBG: lots of kinda semi-TMBG stuff... Danielle wrote: What I need to do is find >someone like Mrs. Linnell (except male, of course). I wonder what she's >like... ;) > yeah, has anyone ever seen this Mrs. Linnell? are there any pictures out there? does anyone even know what her name is? is she in a band too? do her and Mrs. Flansburgh go shopping together? hmmm, what if they started their own band.... meow, rachel ------------------------------ Message-Id: <3.0.1.32.19980508111228.006a1184@mail.clemson.edu> Date: Fri, 08 May 1998 11:12:28 -0400 From: Adam Tyner Subject: Re: TMBG: Dr. Spock's Backup Band MP3's? At 10:09 AM 5/8/98 -0500, mighty JACK wrote: > What is Dr. Spock's Backup Band? I get the obvious reference, >but I don't know what they are in real life... It's a bootleg CD of a radio show from '92... I got mine from Tunnel Records a little while ago for like $30... It's fantastic, although there are some problems in a couple of tracks ("Your Racist Friend" has a couple of skips and bits of silence, and there's one problem where a track skips a second or two ahead of the end of the previous track). Jish also got a copy from Tunnel, and he put mp3s on his web page: http://tmbg.res.cmu.edu/ /----=========================================================----\ http://www.awod.com/gallery/rwav/ctyner/ The home of He-Man, "Weird Al", Yoo-hoo, Killer Tomatoes, and more! Demented music list admin O- MiSTie #67,326 ------------------------------ Message-Id: <3.0.1.32.19980508104936.00692dfc@pop.indy.net> Date: Fri, 08 May 1998 10:49:36 -0400 From: rachel Subject: Re: TMBG: Photos of Listees (a plead for) ---Squidgy Colin wrote: > > C,mon guys! > > To those (4) who have submitted their photos... good on ya, you're all > beautiful. To the hundreds who havn't but have still said what a great idea > the page is... it'll only be great if you submit something picture wise! To > all hose without scanners/access to scanners, there is nothing that can't > be done! check out: http://www.geocities.com/SoHo/Museum/5039/index.html i'm sure you'll find something you can use. and while you're there take a looksie at a couple pictures i took at the delaware oh show. i'll put more up later, very much later, because (and don't ask me why) i decided to print the pictures myself. also, any design-like comments would be appreacheated, as i know there are many "artsie" people on the list. lovies, rachel ------------------------------ Message-ID: <35535587.5320@fuse.net> Date: Fri, 08 May 1998 11:57:11 -0700 From: jays your one-paged dictionary Organization: dial-a-song! 718-287-6962, narrrrrrrrr! Subject: pretty NON-TMBG: Re: Photos of Listees (a plead for) Squidgy Colin wrote: > > C,mon guys! > > To those (4) who have submitted their photos... good on ya, you're all > beautiful. To the hundreds who havn't but have still said what a great idea > the page is... it'll only be great if you submit something picture wise! To > all hose without scanners/access to scanners, there is nothing that can't > be done! > i could send you a picture. if you value your eyesight, however, i shouldn't. :) if i remember correctly, i sent it to a few listees before the colombus show a few weeks ago; none of them seemed to recognize, me, though, and so i ask--how accurate must these pictures be? i'm certain it doesn't matter, bringing up another point: this mailing list and the relationship between its subscribers is performed via a venue of words that need not be named for all present. would it not be cataclysmic to try to change that, if even on a small extent? perhaps i'm superficial--and i believe, ashamedly, that i am--but my perceptions of anyone alter after viewing their personal appearance. it brings things to a whole new level. we're here to talk about the dynamic duo; does appearance matter at all? toward what are we striving? full of eloquent commentary (heh), jay. -- jayhc, without so much as a second thought. e-mail: sirjamez@fuse.net, phonebook@tmbg.org aol im: SaturnChrd, PhoneBookJ irc: PhoneBook "and sadly the cross-eyed bear's been put to sleep behind the stairs, and his shoes are laced with irony." --tmbg and on the seventh day of rest, god said "let there be good music!" and john linnell came to life from the earth, and god was happy. then, deciding linnell needed an animal companion, he said "let there be flansburgh!" and flansie there was, and god wasn't quite so happy, but said screw it and left things well enough alone. -- ------------------------------ Message-ID: <355330D6.685C810F@mail.utexas.edu> Date: Fri, 08 May 1998 11:20:38 -0500 From: Mitchell Harding Organization: University of Texas at Austin Subject: TMBG: TMBG Japanese Import Video > What are the extra two tracks? Birdhouse & Istanbul perhaps? I have a version of the Video Comp that also includes Birdhouse and Istanbul, but I didn't get it through CDNOW, and I don't believe it is a Japanese import, so I don't know if it is the same thing. Harf, Mitch http://ccwf.cc.utexas.edu/~mitcharf/ ------------------------------ Date: Fri, 8 May 1998 10:30:49 -0600 Subject: Re: TMBG: lots of kinda semi-TMBG stuff... Message-ID: <19980508.103051.11094.2.TMBgirl@juno.com> From: tmbgirl@juno.com (Joda: Master of Yedi) >yeah, has anyone ever seen this Mrs. Linnell? are there any pictures >out >there? does anyone even know what her name is? her name is karen... i remember a 'listy' posting that back at all the Irving plaza shows people said they saw mrs. flansburgh and mrs. linnell getting out of a car and walking into the theatre... >is she in a band too? i dunno... but i love mrs. flansburgh's band, Spondee (to all hello subscribers), anyone know if it still exists? on a totally unrelated note... anyone know what's up with laura cantrell (the female vocalist in the guitar)? did she ever put out her own album? * ---------------------------------------------------------------------- take it easy, JOrdaN http://www2.netcom.com/~arnot/joda/bootlegs.html Another fine IRC #tmbg moment: (rlough) Flans' wife is on tdk (rlough) tdk's page, I mean (Ryouko) Wow. tdk is gettin' action? (Ryouko) No wonder he's not talking. * ----------------------------------------------------------------------- _____________________________________________________________________ You don't need to buy Internet access to use free Internet e-mail. Get completely free e-mail from Juno at http://www.juno.com Or call Juno at (800) 654-JUNO [654-5866] ------------------------------ Message-Id: <3.0.2.32.19980508172612.007c7460@mail-in.keme.net> Date: Fri, 08 May 1998 17:26:12 +0100 From: Squidgy Colin Subject: Re: pretty NON-TMBG: Re: Photos of Listees (a plead for) At 11:57 08/05/98 -0700, you wrote: >Squidgy Colin wrote: >> >> C,mon guys! >> >> To those (4) who have submitted their photos... good on ya, you're all >> beautiful. To the hundreds who havn't but have still said what a great idea >> the page is... it'll only be great if you submit something picture wise! To >> all hose without scanners/access to scanners, there is nothing that can't >> be done! >> > >i could send you a picture. if you value your eyesight, however, i >shouldn't. :) if i remember correctly, i sent it to a few listees >before the colombus show a few weeks ago; none of them seemed to >recognize, me, though, and so i ask--how accurate must these pictures >be? It doesn't matter how accurate the picture is. Most of the picture of me isn't me (it's sickboy's body with my head). >i'm certain it doesn't matter, bringing up another point: this mailing >list and the relationship between its subscribers is performed via a >venue of words that need not be named for all present. would it not be >cataclysmic to try to change that, if even on a small extent? perhaps >i'm superficial--and i believe, ashamedly, that i am--but my perceptions >of anyone alter after viewing their personal appearance. Well, that's the first negitive responce I have recieved on the subject. I just thought it would be nice to be able provide a hlpful service to all of you listees that's all. If you disagree with the idea, don't submit. S'simple. --Colin: Wondering how I make it through all the smoke and brew I do!?? ~THE ELLESLEYS~ (of Colchester-Essex-UK) Home Page: Http://www.keme.co.uk/~thelimes/ TMBG page: Http://members.xoom.com/uncle_squid/Xoom/ Last LPs bought: Vinyl- "8 Legged Groove Machine" by The Wonderstuff CD - "I Blame The Government" by carter the unstoppable sex machine Last single bought: CD - "The Impression That I Get" by The Mighty Mighty BossTones ------------------------------ End of tmbg-list Digest #6-9 ****************************