Errors-To: owner-tmbg-digest@tmbg.org Reply-To: tmbg-digest@tmbg.org Sender: owner-tmbg-digest@tmbg.org Precedence: bulk From: owner-tmbg-digest@tmbg.org To: tmbg-digest@tmbg.org Subject: tmbg-list Digest #7-19 tmbg-list Digest, Volume 7, Number 19 Friday, 19 June 1998 Today's Topics: Re: TMBG: Track Listing for STD posted Re: TMBG: Track Listing for STD posted Re: TMBG: Track Listing for STD posted Re: TMBG: Track Listing for STD posted Re: TMBG: Track Listing for STD posted TMBG: Names, Books, and Drinks Re: TMBG: XTC v. AA on STD Re: TMBG: XTC v. AA on STD Re: TMBG: Re: tmbg-list Digest #7-15 Re: TMBG: POTA - Kraftwerk Re: TMBG: Re: tmbg-list Digest #7-15 Re: TMBG: XTC v. AA on STD Re: TMBG: POTA - Kraftwerk Non-TMBG: Deepest darkest Massachussetts Re: TMBG: POTA - Kraftwerk Re: TMBG: moths beat on the windowpane Re: TMBG: POTA Re: TMBG: Track Listing for STD posted Non-TMBG: Best movie of all time Re: TMBG: Re: tmbg-list Digest #7-15 Re: TMBG: Re: canadians... US schools Re: TMBG: POTA - Kraftwerk Re: TMBG: POTA - Kraftwerk Re: Non-TMBG: Best movie of all time Re: TMBG: She's Actual Size+other stuff Re: Non-TMBG: Best movie of all time semi-TMBG:Their manager on tv TMBG: weird sighting Re: TMBG: weird sighting Re: semi-TMBG:Their manager on tv Re: TMBG: moths beat on the windowpane Re: Non-TMBG: Best movie of all time Re: TMBG: Names, Books, and Drinks TMBG: Hagfish Re: Semi-TMBG:Alcohol & Atlantic City Re: Non-TMBG: Best movie of all time Re: non-TMBG: Pere Ubu Re: TMBG: random thoughts of an old-timer not-important-TMBG: TMBG in my local paper Re: Non-TMBG: Best movie of all time Re: TMBG: XTC v. AA on STD Re: TMBG: XTC v. AA on STD Re: TMBG: XTC v. AA on STD TMBG: Re: US schools - long and irrelevant Re: TMBG: XTC v. AA on STD Re: Non-TMBG: Best movie of all time Re: TMBG: Postmaster Direct Problem Re: TMBG: Severe Tire Damage track List Re: TMBG: Names, Books, and Drinks Re: TMBG: XTC v. AA on STD Administrivia: If you wish to unsubscribe from this mailing send mail to tmbg-digest-request@tmbg.org for instructions on how to be automatically removed. --------------------------------------------------------------------- The views expressed herein are those of the individual authors. --------------------------------------------------------------------- tmbg-list is digested with Digest 3.5b (John Relph ). ---------------------------------------------------------------------- From: KdsInThHal@aol.com Message-ID: <81c63e41.35880d45@aol.com> Date: Wed, 17 Jun 1998 14:38:59 EDT Subject: Re: Re: TMBG: Track Listing for STD posted In a message dated 6/17/98 2:27:14 PM, ctyner@clemson.edu wrote: >1) Dr. Worm >2) Severe Tire Damage (another studio track?) >3) They Got Lost >4) Why Does The Sun Shine? >5) Birdhouse In Your Soul >6) She's An Angel !!! >7) XTC Vs. Adam Ant >8) Istanbul (Not Constantinople) >9) Ana Ng >10) First Kiss >11) Spider >12) Particle Man >13) She's Actual Size there ya go!:) >14) S-E-X-X-Y >15) Meet James Ensor >16) Till My Head Falls Off >17) About Me (I guess this is a band intro thing) wow, that sounds pretty good. i don't know what else you people might expect it to be.. i mean of course you're going to have I(NC) & PM on there.. the only thing about it i'm not crazy about is XTC v AA... i mean i don't hate the song, but c'mon.. The Guitar should have replaced that. :P sarah http://lava.home.ml.org [and to continue jordan/tmbgirl's sig quotes..] "i am adding, and subtracting, i'm controlling, and composing.." :) ------------------------------ From: tmbgirl@juno.com Date: Wed, 17 Jun 1998 12:48:11 -0600 Subject: Re: TMBG: Track Listing for STD posted Message-ID: <19980617.124824.11126.4.TMBgirl@juno.com> >.anyway..hehe the track listing for STD is up on >www.tmbg.org... I will save further comment... i won't here's what i have to say... 2. Severe Tire Damage (0:00) okay wow... so it's now a song? 7. XTC vs. Adam Ant (0:00) bah.... wtf were they thinking? this song live isn't anything all that spectacular 9. Ana Ng (0:00) 15. Meet James Ensor (0:00) i hope they at least explain these songs and why they're slower... 17. About Me (0:00) hmm... so no POTA huh? take it easy, JOrdaN http://www2.netcom.com/~arnot/joda/bootlegs.html _____________________________________________________________________ You don't need to buy Internet access to use free Internet e-mail. Get completely free e-mail from Juno at http://www.juno.com Or call Juno at (800) 654-JUNO [654-5866] ------------------------------ From: tmbgirl@juno.com Date: Wed, 17 Jun 1998 13:01:51 -0600 Subject: Re: TMBG: Track Listing for STD posted Message-ID: <19980617.130158.11126.5.TMBgirl@juno.com> >[and to continue jordan/tmbgirl's sig quotes..] >"i am adding, and subtracting, i'm controlling, and composing.." :) first US tour in 10 years and do they come anywhere near me?! no :( > i'm not crazy about is XTC v AA... i mean i >don't hate >the song, but c'mon.. The Guitar should have replaced that. :P at least the guitar has a distinct sound when it's live... XTC v AA is really not that great... i wonder what they were smoking when they decided to do this... maybe they were just hanging out with uncle squid... :P take it easy, JOrdaN http://www2.netcom.com/~arnot/joda/bootlegs.html :::gotten through two days straight of diving practice without ANY bruises... woohoo!::: _____________________________________________________________________ You don't need to buy Internet access to use free Internet e-mail. Get completely free e-mail from Juno at http://www.juno.com Or call Juno at (800) 654-JUNO [654-5866] ------------------------------ Message-Id: <3.0.5.32.19980617144303.0081d240@email.psu.edu> Date: Wed, 17 Jun 1998 14:43:03 -0400 From: "J. L. Moquin" Subject: Re: Re: TMBG: Track Listing for STD posted KdsInThHal@aol.com wrote: SNIP >[and to continue jordan/tmbgirl's sig quotes..] >"i am adding, and subtracting, i'm controlling, and composing.." :) AAAAAaaaaaaaghh!! Now I'm gonna have that song in my head all day!!! And I'll have to go dig through my old cassette tapes so I can listen to it!!! "I'm the operator of my pocket calculator..." *beam* -jennifer, mommy to alice the bean, 8/15/97 http://www.emprl.psu.edu/~anth/ mailto:jls5@psu.edu "Some women have reported problems using Reality." -- Instructions for the female condom ------------------------------ Message-Id: Date: Wed, 17 Jun 98 15:21 EDT From: kbrodbec@remcen.ehhs.cmich.edu (Kirsten Brodbeck) Subject: Re: TMBG: Track Listing for STD posted >13) She's Actual Size Whee! :) hee heee... This basically sounds like your average TMBG concert, actually - their hits, mingled with some new stuff, and a few fun things like Spider. I'm looking forward to it, if only as an alternative to the crappy-quality bootlegs when I'm looking for a "live experience." :) Kirs -- [][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][] "And she said losing love is like a window in your heart Everybody sees you're blown apart..." - Paul Simon "Graceland" Kirsten Brodbeck AKA Crow kbrodbec@remcen.ehhs.cmich.edu ------------------------------ Message-ID: <35881E22.97740856@tmbg.org> Date: Wed, 17 Jun 1998 15:50:59 -0400 From: "Johann D. Beheader" Organization: Dissipating Planets, Inc. Subject: TMBG: Names, Books, and Drinks Allo, Just a few things I've been meaning to post recently, but have been too busy to. Names: I live in Meriden, Ct. and if I've heard correctly, it's named after some farm in England or somewhere else in Europe.Yay. A Farm. Books: Sorry to bring up an old thread, but here are some books that will make you think. Walden (and Civil Disobedience) By H. D.Thoreau Something by Emerson. He's a little wacky for my tastes, but someone might like him. Farenheit 451. Hey. Shuddup, I liked this book. Matter of fact, anything else by Bradbury. Books that won't: Hitchikers series. Adams kicks my moose ass. BTW, He said that there's going to be a new Hitchhikers book coming out. It was supposed to be another Dirk Gently book, but he said that it fit Arthur Dent better, so it's going to be a hitchhiker book. "Salmon of Doubt"<--Title Books by Asimov. Silly but fun. Arthur C. Clarke Fun, fun fun fun fun. cant think of any more. Drinks: Oh god! A moral dillema on the list! here's how I deal with the drinking issue. I drink. I drink responsibly. I don't go driving, I dont go running around with scissors, either. I know when I'm fucked up and act accordingly. I try not to trust myself. IMHO those who get drunk and drive, or do something else stupid and fuck up cause they're fucked up, probably shouldn't drink that much anymore, and they should know that. Preach preach preach. I'll be damned if I'm gunna let some nasty-tasting drink fuck my life up. Anyway....More people should read Jay's sig. "Hey, some people take drugs and some people like to have sex all day, I like to watch my bees as I make music, so what." --steve vai "That wacky Vai guy's got it straight" --Me ------------------------------ Message-Id: <199806172004.QAA17602@ussenterprise.ufp.org> Date: Wed, 17 Jun 1998 15:04:22 -0500 From: Mitchell Harding Subject: Re: TMBG: XTC v. AA on STD >at least the guitar has a distinct sound when it's live... XTC v AA is >really not that great... i wonder what they were smoking when they >decided to do this... maybe they were just hanging out with uncle >squid... :P You're all crazy. It's a great song. My wife and I officially cast you all into deepest darkest Massachusetts. Mitch ------------------------------ Message-Id: Date: Wed, 17 Jun 1998 15:12:55 -0600 From: The Pope Subject: Re: TMBG: XTC v. AA on STD Yes, I also enjoy XTC vs. Adam Ant....it's a wonderful song....and rather than get into an argument of which song should and shouldn't be on the album all I'll say is it's their album and they can put whatever song they want to on it....I'm still gonna buy it when it comes out no matter what songs they have on it... Jason "haven't you always wanted a monKEY" ------------------------------ Message-Id: <3.0.5.32.19980617162712.007bbe30@pop.cwru.edu> Date: Wed, 17 Jun 1998 16:27:12 -0400 From: SpiderEyes Subject: Re: TMBG: Re: tmbg-list Digest #7-15 >the kansas accent? have i never noticed this cuz i'm a mere 5 hours from >the state and i too have the same "accent" or are you just smoking the Being born and raised in northern Virginia to the age of 18 (just two years ago, wow), taught to speak by a New Englander, and never exposed to Midwesterners or Kansans or anyone else till college (very sheltered childhood), I feel I can state definitively that LDB is right and Kansans have no accent. Most people in the Midwest, central states, Pacific Northwest, etc have very minimal accents, whereas the entire east Coast, Gulf Coast, California, and Bluegrass country have relatively strong accents. Now I _know_ I'm going to get blasted... - SpiderEyes, just hoping the blast blows me home to Seattle ------------------------------ From: tmbgirl@juno.com Date: Wed, 17 Jun 1998 14:13:52 -0600 Subject: Re: TMBG: POTA - Kraftwerk Message-ID: <19980617.141535.11126.6.TMBgirl@juno.com> >>so no POTA huh? > >this is driving me crazy... i hate it when i can't figure out >acronyms... >what would POTA be? that would be planet of the apes... >>[and to continue jordan/tmbgirl's sig quotes..] >>"i am adding, and subtracting, i'm controlling, and composing.." :) > > >AAAAAaaaaaaaghh!! Now I'm gonna have that song in my head >all day!!! And I'll have to go dig through my old cassette tapes >so I can listen to it!!! > >"I'm the operator of my pocket calculator..." >*beam* heh... i try... the worst is when i bust in to autobahn... but i imitate the entire vocoder thing at the begining... people give me the funkiest looks... take it easy, JOrdaN http://www2.netcom.com/~arnot/joda/bootlegs.html ::::yes, i like kraftwerk, got a problem?!::: _____________________________________________________________________ You don't need to buy Internet access to use free Internet e-mail. Get completely free e-mail from Juno at http://www.juno.com Or call Juno at (800) 654-JUNO [654-5866] ------------------------------ Message-Id: Date: Wed, 17 Jun 1998 15:32:51 -0600 From: The Pope Subject: Re: TMBG: Re: tmbg-list Digest #7-15 At 4:27 PM -0400 6/17/98, SpiderEyes wrote: >>the kansas accent? have i never noticed this cuz i'm a mere 5 hours from >>the state and i too have the same "accent" or are you just smoking the > >Being born and raised in northern Virginia to the age of 18 (just two years >ago, wow), taught to speak by a New Englander, and never exposed to >Midwesterners or Kansans or anyone else till college (very sheltered >childhood), I feel I can state definitively that LDB is right and Kansans >have no accent. Most people in the Midwest, central states, Pacific >Northwest, etc have very minimal accents, whereas the entire east Coast, >Gulf Coast, California, and Bluegrass country have relatively strong accents. > >Now I _know_ I'm going to get blasted... > >- SpiderEyes, just hoping the blast blows me home to Seattle Accents are fun...I'm from the midwest and we have our accents as well, but they aren't as noticable as your southern or east coast type accents. Of course I can't do any accents very well, I wish I could though...oh well...I'll just sit here and watch... Jason ICQ: 4703178 http://jason.dmswebworks.com/jarnold/ ------------------------------ From: tmbgirl@juno.com Date: Wed, 17 Jun 1998 14:25:29 -0600 Subject: Re: TMBG: XTC v. AA on STD Message-ID: <19980617.142542.11126.7.TMBgirl@juno.com> >>at least the guitar has a distinct sound when it's live... XTC v AA >is >>really not that great... i wonder what they were smoking when they >>decided to do this... maybe they were just hanging out with uncle >>squid... :P > >You're all crazy. It's a great song. My wife and I officially cast you >all >into deepest darkest Massachusetts. aack! that's not what i meant at all! Don't get me wrong, it's a great song... it's just not excellent when it's live (as opposed to several other songs that sound, imho, waaay better when they're live than on their album versions)... i say that solely from the fact that i have too many bootlegs... take it easy, JOrdaN http://www2.netcom.com/~arnot/joda/bootlegs.html :::one little, two little, three little idiots::: _____________________________________________________________________ You don't need to buy Internet access to use free Internet e-mail. Get completely free e-mail from Juno at http://www.juno.com Or call Juno at (800) 654-JUNO [654-5866] ------------------------------ Message-Id: <3.0.5.32.19980617163458.007a0100@email.psu.edu> Date: Wed, 17 Jun 1998 16:34:58 -0400 From: "J. L. Moquin" Subject: Re: TMBG: POTA - Kraftwerk tmbgirl@juno.com wrote: >>>[and to continue jordan/tmbgirl's sig quotes..] >>>"i am adding, and subtracting, i'm controlling, and composing.." :) >> >> >>AAAAAaaaaaaaghh!! Now I'm gonna have that song in my head >>all day!!! And I'll have to go dig through my old cassette tapes >>so I can listen to it!!! >> >>"I'm the operator of my pocket calculator..." >>*beam* > >heh... i try... >the worst is when i bust in to autobahn... but i imitate the entire >vocoder thing at the begining... people give me the funkiest looks... Well, after I sent that last message, I ended up going to Amazon.com and ordering Computer World on CD so it'll be in my hands next week and it's all your fault. I'll send you a bill. ;) -jennifer, mommy to alice the bean, 8/15/97 http://www.emprl.psu.edu/~anth/ mailto:jls5@psu.edu "Some women have reported problems using Reality." -- Instructions for the female condom ------------------------------ Message-Id: <199806172109.RAA21736@ussenterprise.ufp.org> Date: Wed, 17 Jun 1998 16:09:50 -0500 From: Mitchell Harding Subject: Non-TMBG: Deepest darkest Massachussetts >> You're all crazy. It's a great song. My wife and I officially cast you all >> into deepest darkest Massachusetts. > >what is wrong with massachusettes now? i for one seem to like the place. >well, no deepest darkest, but the state in and of itself is a fun place to be. Listen to the song "Imaginary Friend" by Mono Puff. Mitcharf About a month ago I had a dream about a Chinese toothpaste that was elegant and solitary. ------------------------------ From: KdsInThHal@aol.com Message-ID: <673ccbb8.3588333f@aol.com> Date: Wed, 17 Jun 1998 17:21:02 EDT Subject: Re: Re: TMBG: POTA - Kraftwerk In a message dated 6/17/98 5:03:04 PM, jls5@psu.edu wrote: >>heh... i try... >>the worst is when i bust in to autobahn... but i imitate the entire >>vocoder thing at the begining... people give me the funkiest looks... > >Well, after I sent that last message, I ended up going to >Amazon.com and ordering Computer World on CD so it'll >be in my hands next week and it's all your fault. I'll send >you a bill. ;) LOL! I still need to get 'em on cd.. i have one sad little tape of computer world and... another album i don't know the name of. i used to have autobahn too but i can't find it. :P sarah ------------------------------ Date: Wed, 17 Jun 1998 16:33:26 -0500 (CDT) From: "Christopher M. Stangl" Subject: Re: TMBG: moths beat on the windowpane Message-ID: On Wed, 17 Jun 1998 TerryTMBG@aol.com wrote: > 1. drinking- I've never had a drink in my life, so I don't know if I should > talk. But I can't see how it would be "fun" to drink. I mean, you don't see > people going around saying, "Man, I don't know about you, but I drink soda > because it's FUN." Soda doesn't get you screwed-up, though... I don't drink. It's bad for you. But you know what? It IS fun. It's a LOT of fun... and that's one of the problems with it. > 3. New York City- where else can you find Godzilla? You mean "where else can you find a lame-ass counterfeit fake Godzilla?", right? The REAL Godzilla lives on Monster Island, and frequents the shores of Japan. Not New York. > 8. that movie special on last night- I was so glad they picked Citizen Kane > as #1. Well, assuming it wouldn't be Star Wars. What does everyone else > think? I think it's trite, dumb, ridiculous, belittling to the art of cinema, and a waste of everyone's time to pick a "greatest movie of all time". There's no such thing as the "greatest film of all time". There are just films. There are great films, and there are wonderful ones, and pictures that move us and help define us. But there cannot be a greatest. -Chris Stangl ------------------------------ Subject: Re: TMBG: POTA Message-ID: <19980617.171448.2503.0.captainmarvel2@juno.com> From: captainmarvel2@juno.com (Derek A Klein) Date: Wed, 17 Jun 1998 17:15:43 EDT >>>so no POTA huh? >> >>this is driving me crazy... i hate it when i can't figure out >>acronyms... >>what would POTA be? > >that would be planet of the apes... Actually, at a concert I went to recently, Linnell said that the whole Planet Of The Apes series of songs are going to be hidden tracks stuck in all over Severe Tire Damage. Depending on how sneaky they're feeling, yoiu might have to do a bit of searching for them. Derek "Egad, a base tone denotes a bad age" _____________________________________________________________________ You don't need to buy Internet access to use free Internet e-mail. Get completely free e-mail from Juno at http://www.juno.com Or call Juno at (800) 654-JUNO [654-5866] ------------------------------ Message-ID: Date: Wed, 17 Jun 1998 17:39:13 -0400 (EDT) From: Lawrence P Solomon Subject: Re: TMBG: Track Listing for STD posted Excerpts from internet.music.tmbg: 17-Jun-98 Re: TMBG: Track Listing for.. by Joey Groah@rica.net > Why... must... there be.... XTC vs... Adam Ant? heh. I asked the same thing myself... I mean, I hate the live version only slightly less than the album version... and why Spider? it's only ever used as a lead-in to other songs... but as a standalone song it's kind of weird... I really hope the version of She's An Angel was somehow recorded from the John Henry tour, with the full band, instead of the tape version, which sounds almost exactly like the album version. I guess a few things left to speculation still would be.... Ana Ng: slow, tape, fast, new? First Kiss: live? Meet James Ensor: slow, fast, vibes? Birdhouse, Spider, Actual Size, S-E-X-X-Y, Particle Man, Istanbul: horns? S-E-X-X-Y, XTC, Til My Head: Mike Viola? Eric Schermerhorn? Lawrence Solomon http://www.contrib.andrew.cmu.edu/~lps/ lps@andrew.cmu.edu "Everything sticks until it goes away, * This space inadvertently And the truth is we don't know anything." -TMBG * left blank. ------------------------------ Message-Id: <199806172152.RAA24405@ussenterprise.ufp.org> Date: Wed, 17 Jun 1998 16:52:53 -0500 From: Mitchell Harding Subject: Non-TMBG: Best movie of all time >> 8. that movie special on last night- I was so glad they picked Citizen Kane >> as #1. Well, assuming it wouldn't be Star Wars. What does everyone else >> think? > > I think it's trite, dumb, ridiculous, belittling to the art of >cinema, and a waste of everyone's time to pick a "greatest movie of all >time". There's no such thing as the "greatest film of all time". There are >just films. There are great films, and there are wonderful ones, and >pictures that move us and help define us. But there cannot be a greatest. I assume you are excluding from that statement such obviously superior films as Ghostbusters II, Friday the 13th Part VI, and Scarlet. Harf, Mitcharf ------------------------------ Message-Id: <1.5.4.32.19980617220551.006ada40@Cybnetonline.com> Date: Wed, 17 Jun 1998 17:05:51 -0500 From: "The Li'l Depressed Boy" Subject: Re: TMBG: Re: tmbg-list Digest #7-15 >> Actually contrary to poppular belief, Kansan's have no accent. We are the >> most universally understood americans. (If not citizens of the world) Go a >> bit south or north or east or west and you start hitting accents, but >> Kansans have no accent. >> > >No accent? hmmm, I am missinformed....I must report this to the invasion force in >Ottawa, errrrr.....ha ha, you should really ignore that last bit there, (ottawa and >the like), it is nothing.....just a little picnic we are planning > Yessah. Everyone is stupid to enough to either think we have an indiana accent or a southern accent. (or is that an sothern accent? Any English teachers out there?!?) We have an amazing non-accent. Don't worry, I know about your plans, I have spies everywhere. >> Heh, my friend is going for exchange in Deutchland next year. I'm sooooooo >> pissed, I love Germany, plus they cancelled my exchange to Nihon (Japan). >> >> Japan?? I would love to go....it would be very good for me....being around little >> people... > >Germany is a right nice place....I lived there for about a year and a half starting >in '94. If ever I was going to settle down it would probably be there > Lucky you. >Layta Brothah........ > >Oh, and if you listen real close at night, you can hear us Canucks >planning......what, you might ask......you'll see > I already know, g'damnit. I sed that I 'ave spies everywere. > > > > > > >you'll see .... > Calm down, don't make me get the goldminer accent back out for this sentance too. LDB -- (this site cuts the amount of URL's I put in my Sig) My Web Page Index: http://www.cybnetonline.com/users/njack/ TMBG | D.U.M.B. NEWS | Mr. Gone Font -- Contemporary Cartoon Militia is (C) & TM 1998 S. Steven Struble and Kris W. M. Struble. The Li'l Depressed Boy, Phreeck, Spyder Hunt, and all related characters (C) & TM 1998 S. Steven Struble ------------------------------ Message-Id: <1.5.4.32.19980617221148.006a8890@Cybnetonline.com> Date: Wed, 17 Jun 1998 17:11:48 -0500 From: "The Li'l Depressed Boy" Subject: Re: TMBG: Re: canadians... US schools >>OH and whoever said something about American >>Schools being bad, know nothing >>of which they speak. > >MR LDB do you live in a suburb? a small town? > A small town. Yes I know your gonna get to the innercity schools are bad, but it was another of those silly generaliztions. No one should say that our (country's) schools are bad. Because not all of them are. LDBster -- (this site cuts the amount of URL's I put in my Sig) My Web Page Index: http://www.cybnetonline.com/users/njack/ TMBG | D.U.M.B. NEWS | Mr. Gone Font -- Contemporary Cartoon Militia is (C) & TM 1998 S. Steven Struble and Kris W. M. Struble. The Li'l Depressed Boy, Phreeck, Spyder Hunt, and all related characters (C) & TM 1998 S. Steven Struble ------------------------------ Message-Id: <1.5.4.32.19980617221810.006b8cf8@Cybnetonline.com> Date: Wed, 17 Jun 1998 17:18:10 -0500 From: "The Li'l Depressed Boy" Subject: Re: TMBG: POTA - Kraftwerk >>>"i am adding, and subtracting, i'm controlling, and composing.." :) >> >> >>AAAAAaaaaaaaghh!! Now I'm gonna have that song in my head >>all day!!! And I'll have to go dig through my old cassette tapes >>so I can listen to it!!! >> >>"I'm the operator of my pocket calculator..." >>*beam* > >heh... i try... >the worst is when i bust in to autobahn... but i imitate the entire >vocoder thing at the begining... people give me the funkiest looks... > Nah, it's worse when your singin Show Room Dummies in a different language. That scares people. LDB -- (this site cuts the amount of URL's I put in my Sig) My Web Page Index: http://www.cybnetonline.com/users/njack/ TMBG | D.U.M.B. NEWS | Mr. Gone Font -- Contemporary Cartoon Militia is (C) & TM 1998 S. Steven Struble and Kris W. M. Struble. The Li'l Depressed Boy, Phreeck, Spyder Hunt, and all related characters (C) & TM 1998 S. Steven Struble ------------------------------ Message-Id: <1.5.4.32.19980617222154.006b7ed0@Cybnetonline.com> Date: Wed, 17 Jun 1998 17:21:54 -0500 From: "The Li'l Depressed Boy" Subject: Re: Re: TMBG: POTA - Kraftwerk >LOL! I still need to get 'em on cd.. i have one sad little tape of computer >world and... another album i don't know the name of. i used to have autobahn >too but i can't find it. :P > Call me a geek but I got two of the "Greatest Hits" albums on CD, so what if they have some of the same songs?!? (One of the CD's is the Model) Anyone get their new album Tour de France? LDB -- (this site cuts the amount of URL's I put in my Sig) My Web Page Index: http://www.cybnetonline.com/users/njack/ TMBG | D.U.M.B. NEWS | Mr. Gone Font -- Contemporary Cartoon Militia is (C) & TM 1998 S. Steven Struble and Kris W. M. Struble. The Li'l Depressed Boy, Phreeck, Spyder Hunt, and all related characters (C) & TM 1998 S. Steven Struble ------------------------------ Message-Id: <1.5.4.32.19980617222435.006b2f30@Cybnetonline.com> Date: Wed, 17 Jun 1998 17:24:35 -0500 From: "The Li'l Depressed Boy" Subject: Re: Non-TMBG: Best movie of all time At 04:52 PM 6/17/98 -0500, Mitchell Harding wrote: >>> 8. that movie special on last night- I was so glad they picked Citizen >Kane >>> as #1. Well, assuming it wouldn't be Star Wars. What does everyone else >>> think? >> >> I think it's trite, dumb, ridiculous, belittling to the art of >>cinema, and a waste of everyone's time to pick a "greatest movie of all >>time". There's no such thing as the "greatest film of all time". There are >>just films. There are great films, and there are wonderful ones, and >>pictures that move us and help define us. But there cannot be a greatest. > >I assume you are excluding from that statement such obviously superior >films as Ghostbusters II, Friday the 13th Part VI, and Scarlet. > And don't forget HOWARD THE DUCK! HTD IS THE GREATEST MOVIE OF ALL TIME. With CO in second. >Harf, >Mitcharf > So how much ya bid anyway? LDB -- (this site cuts the amount of URL's I put in my Sig) My Web Page Index: http://www.cybnetonline.com/users/njack/ TMBG | D.U.M.B. NEWS | Mr. Gone Font -- Contemporary Cartoon Militia is (C) & TM 1998 S. Steven Struble and Kris W. M. Struble. The Li'l Depressed Boy, Phreeck, Spyder Hunt, and all related characters (C) & TM 1998 S. Steven Struble ------------------------------ From: mr.train@juno.com Date: Wed, 17 Jun 1998 18:05:11 -0400 Subject: Re: TMBG: She's Actual Size+other stuff Message-ID: <19980617.181216.4838.0.Mr.Train@juno.com> On Tue, 16 Jun 98 14:29 EDT kbrodbec@remcen.ehhs.cmich.edu (Kirsten Brodbeck) writes: > > Does anyone think that "She's Actual Size" might be on STD? I >sort of hope so - I think that this song is *so* much better live than >the >Apollo 18 album cut. However, I suppose the lack of horns on the tour >probably means that it won't be on there... I dunno... they played it sans-horns at the Boathouse show back in September... Granted, the horns sounds better, but it is still a great song live.... OTHER STUFF: I always forget which Python is American I was looking through my friends French 3 book and there was a schedule of upcoming concerts. Listed were: Stray Cats Concrete Blonde and Pere Ubu! among others... cool huh? There's also a cool pic of a Stray Cats poster, but he wouldn't let me rip it out :-( Pere Ubu albums: the only way I'd heard of Pere Ubu was by knowing that Tony was in TMBG and PU (hee hee)... I saw one of their albums in the bargain box at The Wall and I bought it... it's The Story of My Life.... the one I REALLY wanna get my hands on is Glad... which is actually a Miracle Legion album w/ Pere Ubu as Guests. Miracle Legion is the band that sings the Pete and Pete theme song on Nick (the best show on that station I think) they are now Polaris Tim, SHE-E-HEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE'S GOT! all the money... Miscellaneous Tim AKA TMB(do)G AKA Tambo (IRC) AKA Mr.Train (OML) Favorite TMBG song update: now that I think of it.... it's Actual Size right now... Last CD purchase: Everclear-Fountains of Wayne-Royal Crown Revue Favorite mainstream song:One Week - Barenaked Ladies _____________________________________________________________________ You don't need to buy Internet access to use free Internet e-mail. Get completely free e-mail from Juno at http://www.juno.com Or call Juno at (800) 654-JUNO [654-5866] ------------------------------ Message-Id: Date: Wed, 17 Jun 1998 17:37:03 -0600 From: The Pope Subject: Re: Non-TMBG: Best movie of all time I don't see how they could have picked some of those movies to be better than other movies. Many of the higher ranked movies were inspired by the lower ranked movies. It just isn't logical how they ranked some of them. And where were Clerks, Mallrats, and Chasing Amy!?!?!?! ; ^ ) Jason ICQ: 4703178 http://jason.dmswebworks.com/jarnold/ ------------------------------ From: Drayco@aol.com Message-ID: <95c6a750.358846fe@aol.com> Date: Wed, 17 Jun 1998 18:45:17 EDT Subject: semi-TMBG:Their manager on tv I just saw Jamie Lincoln Kitman on the CBS Evening News. He was being interviewed for a story about automobiles. Those of you in the west may still be able to catch it. --Jamal ------------------------------ Date: Wed, 17 Jun 1998 18:52:16 -0400 (EDT) From: 99 & 44/100% MIKe! Subject: TMBG: weird sighting Message-ID: I was watching the CBS Evening News just now, hypnotised by Dan Rather's voice, and then suddenly Mr. Jamie Lincoln Kitman appeared on my television screen. He was discussing the GM strikes currently in effect. Now, this was odd because I do not watch the CBS Evening News regularly, and I happened to be watching tonight by accident. So, this was a random, chance occurrence, especially when you consider the context of his appearance. Now, on an unrelated note, I can't stop repeating the name S. Steven Struble to myself. S. Steven Struble. S. Steven Struble. Try it. S. Steven Struble. S. Steven Struble. Yeah. MIKe www.journalx.com - always free, never boring Last film seen: The Truman Show Last CD obtained: Mono Puff - It's Fun To Steal Last food eaten: Mini Wheats (dry) ------------------------------ Message-Id: <1.5.4.32.19980617225808.006adab4@Cybnetonline.com> Date: Wed, 17 Jun 1998 17:58:08 -0500 From: "The Li'l Depressed Boy" Subject: Re: TMBG: weird sighting > Now, on an unrelated note, I can't stop repeating the name S. >Steven Struble to myself. S. Steven Struble. S. Steven Struble. Try it. S. >Steven Struble. S. Steven Struble. Yeah. > Well thank ya Mike, now I'm beginning to get even bigger and bigger. Speaking of which, whoever I proved that I am bigger than the list to, could you please send me those posts. I lost 'em. LDB -- (this site cuts the amount of URL's I put in my Sig) My Web Page Index: http://www.cybnetonline.com/users/njack/ TMBG | D.U.M.B. NEWS | Mr. Gone Font -- Contemporary Cartoon Militia is (C) & TM 1998 S. Steven Struble and Kris W. M. Struble. The Li'l Depressed Boy, Phreeck, Spyder Hunt, and all related characters (C) & TM 1998 S. Steven Struble ------------------------------ Message-ID: <000401bd9a49$108b59e0$11c4f6ce@idiotnot.visi.net> From: "S. Bergeron" Subject: Re: semi-TMBG:Their manager on tv Date: Wed, 17 Jun 1998 19:38:41 -0400 :I just saw Jamie Lincoln Kitman on the CBS Evening News. He was being :interviewed for a story about automobiles. Those of you in the west may still :be able to catch it. Ya...Kitman is a regular writer for Automobile Magazine...his latest article, he takes his family on a trip to Florida in a Police-equipped Ford Crown Victoria...pretty funny article. No real pics of Marjorie, tho...you can see some of her in one pic, where they are locked in a jail cell. She does most of the TMB Productions stuff (shirts, hats, shot glasses, newsletter [which I still haven't received, despite registering in September], Hello stuff). Jack Bergeron idiotnot@visi.net bluedawg@tmbg.org http://www.monopuff.org/~bluedawg "As the light changed from red to green to yellow and back to red again, I sat there thinking about life. Was it nothing more than a bunch of honking and yelling? Sometimes it seemed that way."--Jack Handy ICQ#5909618 ------------------------------ From: mjames@khserver.loyola.edu (Matthew James) Message-Id: <9806172330.AA19136@khserver.loyola.edu> Subject: Re: TMBG: moths beat on the windowpane Date: Wed, 17 Jun 1998 19:30:01 -0400 (EDT) > > 8. that movie special on last night- I was so glad they picked Citizen Kane > > as #1. Well, assuming it wouldn't be Star Wars. What does everyone else > > think? > > I think it's trite, dumb, ridiculous, belittling to the art of > cinema, and a waste of everyone's time to pick a "greatest movie of all > time". There's no such thing as the "greatest film of all time". There are > just films. There are great films, and there are wonderful ones, and > pictures that move us and help define us. But there cannot be a greatest. > -Chris Stangl I agree there shouldn't be an all-encompasing greatest movie for all time, but there can be a personal all-time favorite movie for each individual person. To assume that everyone thinks that 1 movie is the greatest of all time is really stretching it, though. As for Kraftwerk, I haven't listened to my Computer World tape in a few years but I might suggest _Menschen Machina_ (sp??) or in English _The Man Machine_. I might have massacred the German name for it so forgive me, I think it's considered one of their best. -Matt -- Matt James mjames@greed.loyola.edu Loyola College in Baltimore, MD Bruce Campbell Gazette: www.bcgazette.com ------------------------------ From: DrWormX@aol.com Message-ID: <38339803.35885bc5@aol.com> Date: Wed, 17 Jun 1998 20:13:56 EDT Subject: Re: Non-TMBG: Best movie of all time um...excuse me..is everyone totally forgetting about Pee-Wee's Big Adventure?! You must be, because no one with any competence (I'm gonna look dumb if I spelled that wrong) would over look this great moment in cinema history. Matt- the town drunk's angry son The few surviving samurai surveyed the battle field, they count the arms, the legs, and heads, and then divide by five http://members.aol.com/DrWormX ------------------------------ Message-Id: Date: Wed, 17 Jun 98 20:47 EDT From: kbrodbec@remcen.ehhs.cmich.edu (Kirsten Brodbeck) Subject: Re: TMBG: Names, Books, and Drinks >Books: > Sorry to bring up an old thread, but here are some books that will >make you think. Speaking of, I picked up Mark Leyner's _Tetherballs of the Bourganville_ yesterday, and I'm already most of the way through, laughing all the way. This guy writes like Tom Robbins with a male protagonist and a mean streak! Check him out if you're into satire. Kirs -- [][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][] "And she said losing love is like a window in your heart Everybody sees you're blown apart..." - Paul Simon "Graceland" Kirsten Brodbeck AKA Crow kbrodbec@remcen.ehhs.cmich.edu ------------------------------ From: Insomneeak@aol.com Message-ID: <247bdcc9.35886d83@aol.com> Date: Wed, 17 Jun 1998 21:29:37 EDT Subject: TMBG: Hagfish I don't know if this has been brought up on the list before or not, so please disregard this if it's old news. Anyway, I work at a local college radio station (91.5 WRBC in Lewiston, Maine) and I archive EVERY CD that goes through the station. Today while listening to a CD by the decent punk band Hagfish I happened upon a track called "Twisting"... and, lo and behold, it was a cover of TMBG. Very interesting, a punk version. If anyone wants to find out more information I took note that the Cd was put out on Honest Don's Lame-Ass Recordings. Also, I don't know if this would be of any interest to you, but since our radio station broadcasts on Realaudio over the 'net, I was thinking maybe of doing a TMBG marathon sometime that everyone on the list could listen to and make requests for. Or something like that. But I digress. Nick ------------------------------ Date: Wed, 17 Jun 1998 20:46:24 -0500 (CDT) From: Bill Tatalovich Subject: Re: Semi-TMBG:Alcohol & Atlantic City Message-ID: > >ummm.. does > >anyone know where I can find a picture of the Johns wives?? > > yeah... you can find flansy's wife on the liner notes of "it's fun to > steal" Is his wife the one in the car with him where he's wearing the weird beard? Just curious....if that's his wife, I certainly can envy him... (jeez...what's happened to me? I never used to comment on attractiveness before...) Bill Tatalovich wt3@cec.wustl.edu "Thought that there was love in everything and everyone You're so naive" --Belle and Sebastian ------------------------------ Message-ID: <19980618015151.1674.qmail@hotmail.com> From: "Sarah Starr" Subject: Re: Non-TMBG: Best movie of all time Date: Wed, 17 Jun 1998 18:51:50 PDT >um...excuse me..is everyone totally forgetting about Pee-Wee's Big Adventure?! >You must be, because no one with any competence (I'm gonna look dumb if I >spelled that wrong) would over look this great moment in cinema history. Interview with the Vampire...the Crow....Harold and Maude....Monty Python and the Holy Grail...Alien...they forgot most of the good ones!!! They remembered Amadeus at least....Tom Hulce is so awesome in that movie with that little giggle :) Sarah faye shooting the yogurt satan man in the head fingerofmyglove@tmbg.org http://www.angelfire.com/ca/sarianway ______________________________________________________ Get Your Private, Free Email at http://www.hotmail.com ------------------------------ Date: Wed, 17 Jun 1998 21:04:38 -0500 (CDT) From: Bill Tatalovich Subject: Re: non-TMBG: Pere Ubu Message-ID: >> Despite being completely ignored by the public, I must >> admit that Pere Ubu ranks a little higher on the "importance scale" >> than TMBG. > > Something I've been meaning to ask for a long time - what's Pere > Ubu sound like, and which of their albums is a good one to start with? Ah....what does Pere Ubu sound like. Someone mentioned _The Story of My Life_. That's one of their newer albums (although they have a brand new one, called _Pennsylvania_), and thus VERY poppy and accessible for most. Not to say that _SOML_ is bad...I like it a lot, actually. It just doesn't begin to touch on the kind of stuff they did before. _Pennsylvania_ moves back in the old direction, but they're not quite back. Their older stuff is more "art-rock"-ish...it's very hard to describe. Very interesting lyrics, along with a very fragmented song structure. If you're feeling adventurous, pick up _Dub Housing_ or _The Modern Dance_. As a radio "colleague" of mine said, they were too conventional for the avant-garde music crowd, but too weird for the mainstream. A ton of bands, including Mission of Burma, Bauhaus, and Miracle Legion (yes! Miracle Legion!) have done covers of Pere Ubu at some point. I can't begin to describe the kind of impact this band has had, from industrial to plain old pop music. At the very least, people should be aware of this amazing band...even if you don't own their entire discography. Pere Ubu's links to TMBG: 1. The aforementioned Tony Maimone was in Pere Ubu (he's not on the new album...) 2. They opened for They Might Be Giants on the Why Does the Sun Shine? mini-tour...the one that toured almost exclusively the midwest (go midwest!!). Oh well...sorry for the long post about this, but Pere Ubu gets my mojo workin', so to speak. Bill Tatalovich wt3@cec.wustl.edu "Look at it this way You can either be successful or be us" --Belle and Sebastian ------------------------------ Date: Wed, 17 Jun 1998 21:14:28 -0500 (CDT) From: Bill Tatalovich Subject: Re: TMBG: random thoughts of an old-timer Message-ID: > WELCOME BACK!! :) But don't expect things to get too much less > bizarre... ;) Thank you Kirsten, and Matt, and Sarah...good to see that my presence is noticed. > live "greatest hits" type of deal. BTW, Mono Puff's newest is out - It's > Fun to Steal. (and I get my copy on Thursday, woo!) Yeah...I reviewed the Mono Puff album for play on our radio station. Very interesting album, I must admit....good to see "Night Security" on a mass-released CD, after a year or so of listening to the .mp3.... > >I've actually been trying to get Wally to come down and play for my > >birthday, but they said they'd rather play at a real club or something. > >Kind of upseting, but oh well... > > Heh... Tell 'im you'll get lots and lots of people to come.. Or > make up the name of a club, or something. ;) What's the going rate for a > Wally Birthday party? Have no idea. They wouldn't even consider the idea, so I couldn't ask. Doesn't matter, I guess...still going to get him to do an "in-studio" performance for the radio station (KWUR, if any of y'all are in St. Louis) Wow...even when I was on this damn list before I didn't post as much as I have been...I apologize for those you that I've bored. Bill Tatalovich wt3@cec.wustl.edu np: Incubus--S.C.I.E.N.C.E. (just finished with Belle and Sebastian--If You're Feeling Sinister) ------------------------------ From: TerryTMBG@aol.com Message-ID: <4b6c85d4.358884c4@aol.com> Date: Wed, 17 Jun 1998 23:08:50 EDT Subject: not-important-TMBG: TMBG in my local paper I know none of you care, but TMBG was mentioned in my local small-town newspaper, and the cause of it was none other than ME!! See, one of the coolio things about my li'l town is they cover graduations really well, and one of the major parts of my speech (the conclusion, actually, although it was the intro to a fake speech I was telling the administrators I was going to give) was the chorus to "Whistling In The Dark." I ended it after "having a wonderful time" to completely change the meaning, which I realize is probably wrong, but otherwise it wouldn't have made any sense with what I was trying to say. in any case, the paper said something like "McMahon quoted the band They Might Be Giants, who tell us to 'be you. be what you're like. be like yourself.' If we all follow the band's advice, McMahon said, we would all be successes in our own way." Which was of course not what I said, but it was pretty close. anyway, I just wanted to gloat about my little accomplishment, please keep the mailbombs to a minimum. thanks! -Terry, who picked the wrong day to switch from digest to regular format- ------------------------------ From: Superman25@aol.com Message-ID: <85562ed5.35888889@aol.com> Date: Wed, 17 Jun 1998 23:24:55 EDT Subject: Re: Non-TMBG: Best movie of all time hi. i feel it necessary to note that any movie staring Corey Feldman AND Corey Haim should be on this list. and that's all i have to say. oh, and welcome back jim. your presence was sorely missed. adam schaaf, who will one day make the greatest movie of all time. ------------------------------ From: Jaluit31@aol.com Message-ID: <6fad163.35889856@aol.com> Date: Thu, 18 Jun 1998 00:32:21 EDT Subject: Re: TMBG: XTC v. AA on STD > >at least the guitar has a distinct sound when it's live... XTC v AA is > >really not that great... i wonder what they were smoking when they > >decided to do this... maybe they were just hanging out with uncle > >squid... :P Although The Guitar isn't there and I'm disappointed about that, I think we should be thankful that as long as they had to put one bad song on the CD, they passed over some other Factory Showroom songs. For some reason, TMBG has an affinity for the song "Pet Name". Three out of the four They concerts that I've been to, I've had to suffer to the sounds of that song. Let us count our blessings. I think XTC vs. AA is annoying and a waste of space, but there are worse songs that could have ended up there. As far as bad songs go, that's not really all that bad. c a s e y -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=- From the desk of: Casey Grunnet -- The Flying Pollock Penn State University -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=- "I find myself haunted by a spooky man named me, I wish I could just jump out of my skin" -- They Might Be Giants ------------------------------ Message-Id: Date: Thu, 18 Jun 98 00:39 EDT From: kbrodbec@remcen.ehhs.cmich.edu (Kirsten Brodbeck) Subject: Re: TMBG: XTC v. AA on STD For some reason, TMBG has >an affinity for the song "Pet Name". Three out of the four They concerts that >I've been to, I've had to suffer to the sounds of that song. Let us count our >blessings. Ehhh.... I dunno. I definitely prefer "Pet Name" over "XTC vs. Adam Ant" on the album, but I suppose you're right as far as live performances go. "Pet Name" really doesn't translate well as a live song, I don't think. Crow (who thinks the subject line "XTC v. AA on STD" is really neat) -- [][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][] "And she said losing love is like a window in your heart Everybody sees you're blown apart..." - Paul Simon "Graceland" Kirsten Brodbeck AKA Crow kbrodbec@remcen.ehhs.cmich.edu ------------------------------ From: KdsInThHal@aol.com Message-ID: Date: Thu, 18 Jun 1998 00:46:14 EDT Subject: Re: Re: TMBG: XTC v. AA on STD In a message dated 6/17/98 12:33:26 PM, Jaluit31@aol.com wrote: >Although The Guitar isn't there and I'm disappointed about that, I think we >should be thankful that as long as they had to put one bad song on the CD, >they passed over some other Factory Showroom songs. For some reason, TMBG has >an affinity for the song "Pet Name". Three out of the four They concerts that >I've been to, I've had to suffer to the sounds of that song. Let us count our >blessings. I think XTC vs. AA is annoying and a waste of space, but there are >worse songs that could have ended up there. As far as bad songs go, that's >not really all that bad. i *love* pet name. i was going to bring that up before, about being on the album but i decided not to as i know how contorversial it is amongst us (what is it, like a 50/50 thing?) so... but anyways. yeah. (wooo hoo, sonic youth on letterman, yaaay:)) sarah http://lava.home.ml.org ------------------------------ From: tmbgirl@juno.com Date: Wed, 17 Jun 1998 19:54:44 -0600 Subject: TMBG: Re: US schools - long and irrelevant Message-ID: <19980617.195456.11126.9.TMBgirl@juno.com> > Yes I know your gonna get to the innercity schools are >bad, >but it was another of those silly generaliztions well i speak for colorado... i've lived in denver my entire life and spent all except for my first two years of schooling in the denver public schools system... let me just say: #1 weapons and gangs in denver schools are the least of anybody's troubles... but our politicians are just detarded or something... unless you're a psycho, you don't come to school with the purpose of blowing everyone's brains out (or seriously injuring people)... people like that don't bother coming to school (most of the time)... gang's in schools are a bunch of crap... if they're in anything that even resembles a gang they're not gonna bother coming to school... it's as simple as that. #2 i never once attended a school that wasn't infested with rats, mice, roaches, and other "critters" -this only becomes a problem when there are 15 desks and 60 kids in a classroom (yes, a verrry small classroom... but hey, we can't afford more teachers so oh well)... forcing everyone to sit on the floor... the floor that has these rodent's excrement everywhere on it... -dead animals in your lockers became the new craze this year... i'm not talking rats or squirrels (well that's what it all started with) but then it moved on to finding various body parts of cows, pigs, and horses strewn about in the lockers... meat paste everywhere... the department of health and human services came down to my school and just kinda laughed that we were all going there in these conditions that were obviously no where near safe. #3 when 90% of the people at the school (including teachers, security guards, etc.) are either high or drunk... hell, 7 of the teachers at my hs were dealers... -i took some C++ programming class (i didn't learn a thing cuz the teacher had this thing for me and my friend so pretty much we let him hit on us and we got A+'s... in fact, we missed the final in that class cuz we drove up to kansas to see TMBG playing!) but uhm he walked into class one day and dropped his bag... starts picking things up frantically.."where's my pipe?! anyone seen my pipe... ah, here it is!" #4 other "crazes" during the school year... - pouring baby oil all over the halls, doors, windows (pretty much everywhere)... the school would then become a giant "slip n' slide" -cutting holes in the plastic bags that line the trash cans and then urinating in the bag so that when the janitors pulled the bags out of the can urine would go everywhere... -getting plastic balls from discovery zone (you know for like ball pits) and filling the stairways with them. -setting the janitor's closets on fire -setting the trash cans on fire (that's enough for now) #5 last year we started with 2200 people (in a school that can only hole 1500 max) but anyways... by the end of the year we had 1600... that's almost 25% of the students dropping out #6 of the 400 people in the graduating class i would assume that 200 people (tops) could read. and of those 200 people i think about 180 could read and actually comprehend what they were reading. (heh... this is a school with the IB program for all of you that may know what that is... this is what you're competing with...let's get those 7's kids!) #7 our sports teams are a total joke... since we start the year out with 2200 people we're automatically placed in 5A (the largest school divisions in competition) and so we get to these games against any suburban team and we just get laughed at (in every sport except basketball... we're semi-ok when it comes to basketball) (and water polo but that's a long story...) anyways... i'm getting bored with relating my wonderful schooling experiences with all of you... if you want more stories feel free to ask.. or if you'd like me to inform you of the conditions of some of the suburban schools around here in comparison i'd be glad to... take it easy, JOrdaN http://www2.netcom.com/~arnot/joda/bootlegs.html :::people wonder why i hate the suburbs::: _____________________________________________________________________ You don't need to buy Internet access to use free Internet e-mail. Get completely free e-mail from Juno at http://www.juno.com Or call Juno at (800) 654-JUNO [654-5866] ------------------------------ Message-Id: <3.0.3.32.19980618011825.00a9ca10@csrlink.net> Date: Thu, 18 Jun 1998 01:18:25 -0400 From: Dylan Flipse Subject: Re: TMBG: XTC v. AA on STD At 12:32 AM 6/18/98 EDT, you wrote: >Although The Guitar isn't there and I'm disappointed about that, I think we Yes. Big time "Waaaaah" on this. I love the Guitar. Give me more Guitar. NOWish. >they passed over some other Factory Showroom songs. TMBG has >an affinity for the song "Pet Name". Now, I don't have any proof, but I bet this all has to do with whatever goes on in the dark on that stage. You just wait and see... > Casey Grunnet -- The Flying Pollock Tee hee, remember me? Dylan "Sometime Flying, Not Polish, Always Mike Leffel Sig-ish" Flipse Dylan Flipse...one of them. - dflipse@csrlink.net Dylan's page is at http://www.geocities.com/Athens/9909/ for now. I'll never see myself in the mirror with my eyes closed -They Might Be Giants, the coolest thing this side of Zaphod Beeblebrox. ------------------------------ From: gray42@juno.com Date: Thu, 18 Jun 1998 01:06:56 -0400 Subject: Re: Non-TMBG: Best movie of all time Message-ID: <19980618.011454.3470.3.gray42@juno.com> wait, yer also forgetting Betelguese, Edward Siscor(sp?)*wow it's been such a long time since I last typed this word that I've forgotten how to spell it, and yes I am insane* Hands, and David Lynch's Eraserhead! Mysterio Gal (fellow Subgenius & Happy Mutant) "I DON'T LIKE HAMBURGER, I WANT PEANUTBUTTER, ACTUALLY I HATE PEANUTBUTTER TOO! I JUST WANT HAIR!" -- Claire Monster (fully equipped with extremely loud keyboard and monster voice) ICQ# 9585405 MST3K#88182 gray42@juno.com http://www.geocities.com/SoHo/Coffeehouse/4871 _____________________________________________________________________ You don't need to buy Internet access to use free Internet e-mail. Get completely free e-mail from Juno at http://www.juno.com Or call Juno at (800) 654-JUNO [654-5866] ------------------------------ Message-ID: <00a401bd9a7b$e342c260$3f321ed1@refund.rcn.nmt.edu> From: "Refund" Subject: Re: TMBG: Postmaster Direct Problem Date: Wed, 17 Jun 1998 23:42:29 -0600 By the power vested in me by myself, and through actions demonstrated, and attested to by numerous witnesses, I, Nick Wolf, TMBG Ambassador to the state of New Mexico and giver of the title 'The Man' do hereby bestow upon you, Leo Bicknell, sed title. Thank you. Signed, Nick Wolf, TMBG Ambassador to the state of New Mexico. -----Original Message----- From: Strawbos69@aol.com To: tmbg-list@tmbg.org Date: Monday, June 15, 1998 7:26 PM Subject: Re: TMBG: Postmaster Direct Problem >In a message dated 98-06-15 18:03:03 EDT, bicknell@ufp.org writes: > ><< PostMasterDirect is now not allowed to send any > e-mail to anyone @tmbg.org. You should see no more messages > from them. >> > >Let us all pause for a moment and hail the mighty Leo! > ------------------------------ Message-ID: <018e01bd9a7d$0b1d48e0$3f321ed1@refund.rcn.nmt.edu> From: "Refund" Subject: Re: TMBG: Severe Tire Damage track List Date: Wed, 17 Jun 1998 23:50:45 -0600 Nooooooooooooooooooooo!!!!!!!! 'Certain People I Could Name' isn't on there!!! Signed (sadly), Nick Wolf, TMBG Ambassador to the state of New Mexico -----Original Message----- From: J. Brown To: tmbg-list@tmbg.org Date: Wednesday, June 17, 1998 12:31 PM Subject: TMBG: Severe Tire Damage track List >For every ones pleasure from tmbg.org The STD tracklist! > > Doctor Worm (0:00) > Severe Tire Damage (0:00) > They Got Lost (0:00) > Why Does the Sun Shine (0:00) > Birdhouse in Your Soul (0:00) > She's An Angel (0:00) > XTC vs. Adam Ant (0:00) > Istanbul (Not Constantinople) (0:00) > Ana Ng (0:00) > First Kiss (0:00) > Spider (0:00) > Particle Man (0:00) > She's Actual Size (0:00) > S-E-X-X-Y (0:00) > Meet James Ensor (0:00) > Until My Head Falls Off (0:00) > About Me (0:00) > >wow 5 new songs! > > Jason Wilson Brown > History & Canadian Studies Major > President- GEEK The Secret Society of the College Bowl > ringostr@u.washington.edu geekbowl@u.washington.edu > P.O. Box 45822 Seattle, WA 98145-0822 (206) 632-4905 >"Thought I knew all the steps quite clearly, I don't have a clue" > -Elvis Costello > > ------------------------------ From: gray42@juno.com Date: Thu, 18 Jun 1998 00:25:09 -0400 Subject: Re: TMBG: Names, Books, and Drinks Message-ID: <19980618.002841.3470.1.gray42@juno.com> On Wed, 17 Jun 1998 15:50:59 -0400 "Johann D. Beheader" writes: > >Books that won't: > Hitchikers series. Adams kicks my moose ass. BTW, He said that >there's >going to be a new Hitchhikers book coming out. It was supposed to be >another Dirk Gently book, but he said that it fit Arthur Dent better, >so >it's going to be a hitchhiker book. "Salmon of Doubt"<--Title Wow! Wow Wow! *excited* Did you find that out from the chat thing with DNA Wednesday? I had to miss it, I was busy helping a friend prepare for an art show that will include 60 of his art peices, 4 vidios, his toast portrait, and his machine for mass manipulation! ;) Mysterio Gal (fellow Subgenius & Happy Mutant) "I DON'T LIKE HAMBURGER, I WANT PEANUTBUTTER, ACTUALLY I HATE PEANUTBUTTER TOO! I JUST WANT HAIR!" -- Claire Monster (fully equipped with extremely loud keyboard and monster voice) ICQ# 9585405 MST3K#88182 gray42@juno.com http://www.geocities.com/SoHo/Coffeehouse/4871 _____________________________________________________________________ You don't need to buy Internet access to use free Internet e-mail. Get completely free e-mail from Juno at http://www.juno.com Or call Juno at (800) 654-JUNO [654-5866] ------------------------------ Date: Thu, 18 Jun 1998 01:36:40 -0500 (CDT) From: Bill Tatalovich Subject: Re: TMBG: XTC v. AA on STD Message-ID: > Dylan "Sometime Flying, Not Polish, Always Mike Leffel Sig-ish" Flipse Oh man, I forgot about this. Is the aforementioned Mike Leffel still on this list? And if so, is he still doing those lovely sigs? I'm just sort of curious... > 1) Dr. Worm > 2) Severe Tire Damage (another studio track?) > 3) They Got Lost Forgot to post my thoughts on the track listing. First off, I'm virtually keeling over in sheer ecstasy from the fact that "They Got Lost" is on there. From my first listen of the song (live--duh--at Bogart's in Cincinnati, May of '96), I've loved it profusely. Also, another little tidbit of information about Mono Puff, Mr. Flansburgh, and "Dr. Worm." I'm not sure it's been mentioned, but it said in the promo flyer that came to my radio station with _It's Fun to Steal_ the following (off the top of my head...no quote involved): John Flansburgh has directed videos for Edwyn Collins's "A Girl Like You", Soul Coughing's "Soundtrack to Mary", and Frank Black's "Los Angeles" and "Hang On To Your Ego." He is currently directing the video for They Might Be Giants' "Dr. Worm." So we can look forward (finally) to a video for a new TMBG song. Rejoice! Bill Tatalovich wt3@cec.wustl.edu np: Brian Wilson--Imagination ------------------------------ End of tmbg-list Digest #7-19 *****************************