Errors-To: owner-tmbg-digest@tmbg.org Reply-To: tmbg-digest@tmbg.org Sender: owner-tmbg-digest@tmbg.org Precedence: bulk From: owner-tmbg-digest@tmbg.org To: tmbg-digest@tmbg.org Subject: tmbg-list Digest #7-22 tmbg-list Digest, Volume 7, Number 22 Monday, 22 June 1998 Today's Topics: NON-TMBG: Schools NON-TMBG: Athletics Re: TMBG: Covering TMBG Re: TMBG: Covering TMBG Re: TMBG: POTA Re: TMBG: POTA TMBG: Hidden tracks (here we go again) TMBG: Hidden tracks (here we go again) TMBG: Tmbg uselessness, it exists!!!!! Re: TMBG: Tmbg uselessness, it exists!!!!! Re: TMBG: Tmbg uselessness, it exists!!!!! Re: TMBG: Tmbg uselessness, it exists!!!!! Re: TMBG: Tmbg uselessness, it exists!!!!! TMBG: Uselesness???? BLASPHEMY!!!! :0) TMBG: Fan Geography TMBG: Geography TMBG: Not so useless afterall Re: TMBG: Fan Geography Re: TMBG: Fan Geography Re: NON_TMBG: locales TMBG: Fan Geography TMBG: Super Fueled Freaksicle TMBG: Hidden tracks (here we go again) Re: TMBG: Fan Geography Re: TMBG: Fan Geography TMBG: Woo Hoo just bought a copy of the Pink Album Re: TMBG: Not so useless afterall Re: TMBG: Not so useless afterall TMBG: Misc. Things Re: TMBG: Not so useless afterall Non-TMBG: Resident Evil Movie TMBG: Fish Heads TMBG: free moxy show!!! Re: Not really TMBG: Tony Maimone & Soul Coughing Re: TMBG: free moxy show!!! Re: TMBG: Hidden tracks (here we go again) Re: TMBG: Fan Geography Re: TMBG: XTC v. AA on STD Re: TMBG: Fan Geography Re: TMBG: Fish Heads Re: TMBG: Fish Heads TMBG: On the Subject of Hidden Tracks Re: TMBG: On the Subject of Hidden Tracks Re: TMBG: On the Subject of Hidden Tracks Re: TMBG: Not so useless afterall Re: TMBG: Fish Heads TMBG:A Flibbledy Jig of Scrobby Poo (OCIODTTMTPME) Re: TMBG: Fan Geography Re: TMBG: Fish Heads Re: TMBG: Fan Geography Re: TMBG: Fan Geography Re: TMBG: Hidden tracks (here we go again) Re: TMBG: On the Subject of Hidden Tracks NON-TMBG: accents (i'm still playing catch-up) Re: TMBG: On the Subject of Hidden Tracks Administrivia: If you wish to unsubscribe from this mailing send mail to tmbg-digest-request@tmbg.org for instructions on how to be automatically removed. --------------------------------------------------------------------- The views expressed herein are those of the individual authors. --------------------------------------------------------------------- tmbg-list is digested with Digest 3.5b (John Relph ). ---------------------------------------------------------------------- From: Happyfroot@aol.com Message-ID: <1ebe95b5.358bd625@aol.com> Date: Sat, 20 Jun 1998 11:32:52 EDT Subject: NON-TMBG: Schools >>OH and whoever said something about American Schools being bad, know nothing >>of which they speak. #1 why do other countries have better scores in the >>samplings they send for the tests. The U.S. sends a random sampling of >>students, while other countries send a sampling of their best students. On an odd related note, according to my english teacher NH has the best schools in the country by this same reasoning using SAT or CAT tests or something. However, I would really hate to think that NH is the best place to get an education, as NH seems really pitiful, I mean REALLY, REALLY pitiful. jason "product of NH schools" glastetter ------------------------------ From: Happyfroot@aol.com Message-ID: <86d750f7.358bd93b@aol.com> Date: Sat, 20 Jun 1998 11:46:02 EDT Subject: NON-TMBG: Athletics >>>I'd prefer all schools to scrap their atheletic programs, >>i'm almost laughing at how elitist and pompous you sound... for some kids >>athletics are the only way to get to college... Um...this may sound even more elitist, but well, I think places like colleges are not places to play games, but to get an education. Basketball is merely a game, it should not be a reason for getting into college. I perhaps can even get more pompous in saying that, perhaps, we should have academic colleges & other places (maybe related to a particular college, but a seperate entity, nonetheless) where athletes thrive....kinda like graduate school, but directly after graduation from High School. Then take the example of anyone in the NBA. Again, pardon this elitist attitude, but they make too much money. Let's take a look at Michael Jordan vs. Bill Clinton. Michael Jordan makes several million more than than Bill & Bill currently has "the most stressful job on the planet" (maybe I'll look up where this quote is from later, maybe not). Is it just me or does this seem unfair to anyone else? To prove the intellegence of many athletes: Once there was a guy in his sophomore (or junior, I'm forgetful) year in college. He was offered to be in the NBA. People were angry saying that he should stay in college to finish his education first. Instead he joined the NBA, he was a smart athlete, knowing after being in the NBA for even a short time, he would be all set for money & go back to college if the need arose. I think the NBA should take more athletes out of college early. On a related note, does anyone find it odd that Michael Jordan makes about 10 million more dollars than the entire Utah Jazz team put together & yet, for some reason, the Utah Jazz managed to beat the Bulls at a few games? jason "wishes he was paid as well as the least paid person in the NBA" glastetter ------------------------------ Message-Id: <1.5.4.32.19980620164809.006b6e98@Cybnetonline.com> Date: Sat, 20 Jun 1998 11:48:09 -0500 From: "The Li'l Depressed Boy" Subject: Re: TMBG: Covering TMBG At 11:23 AM 6/20/98 EDT, Happyfroot@aol.com wrote: >Well, I feel like changing the subject & here is a somewhat related TMBG >thing. >I played a show with my band yesterday & i spontaneously covered two TMBG >songs, Exquisite Dead Guy (in the middle of another song) & Gas Mask (the TMBG >adaptation version). I was quite proud of myself > I cover lots of TMBG songs, but I won't go into a list. But when we do GasMask, we sort of mess with the words, we'll jump into the lyrics of other songs, it's pretti funny. It's a big lyrical improv. Singer of the Multilingual Number Three, LDB -- (this site cuts the amount of URL's I put in my Sig) My Web Page Index: http://www.cybnetonline.com/users/njack/ TMBG | D.U.M.B. NEWS | Mr. Gone Font -- Contemporary Cartoon Militia is (C) & TM 1998 S. Steven Struble and Kris W. M. Struble. The Li'l Depressed Boy, Phreeck, Spyder Hunt, and all related characters (C) & TM 1998 S. Steven Struble ------------------------------ From: KdsInThHal@aol.com Message-ID: <3a60c9df.358beeb3@aol.com> Date: Sat, 20 Jun 1998 13:17:38 EDT Subject: Re: Re: TMBG: Covering TMBG In a message dated 6/20/98 12:50:40 PM, you wrote: >>Well, I feel like changing the subject & here is a somewhat related TMBG >>thing. >>I played a show with my band yesterday & i spontaneously covered two TMBG >>songs, Exquisite Dead Guy (in the middle of another song) & Gas Mask (the TMBG >>adaptation version). I was quite proud of myself >> >I cover lots of TMBG songs, but I won't go into a list. > >But when we do GasMask, we sort of mess with the words, we'll jump into the >lyrics of other songs, it's pretti funny. It's a big lyrical improv. I know I'm going to hate myself later for doing this, because I probably *do* know what it is, I just can't think of it... whatthe frick is "Gasmask"? Is it from one of the DAS tapes (I can't really pay attention to all those song titles)... I know I've heard of the title but I'm drawing a blank.. sarah ------------------------------ Message-Id: <1.5.4.32.19980620205142.0069e59c@pop.cwru.edu> Date: Sat, 20 Jun 1998 16:51:42 -0400 From: Jen Subject: Re: TMBG: POTA >My CD player, and many others, often display a few >"negative seconds" at the start of each track, and when it hits zero, >that's where the sound kicks in. Perhaps this is how a track could be >hidden at various parts of the CD... Isn't that how "Token" was hidden on FS? At least, that's how my CD player registers it. We start track 1 and hit rewind within the song, to about -1:00. - SpiderEyes ------------------------------ Message-Id: <1.5.4.32.19980620205544.006951a0@pop.cwru.edu> Date: Sat, 20 Jun 1998 16:55:44 -0400 From: Jen Subject: Re: TMBG: POTA >Yeah, that's how I got the secret song on Factory Showroom. I held the >"Back" search button until it went to a little over negative one minute. >I assume they will use this same technique for Severe Tire Damage. Whoops. Sorry. One hundred times, "I shalt read all the posts before replying." - SpiderEyes ------------------------------ Message-ID: <001f01bd9c95$d6c2e940$a5321ed1@refund.rcn.nmt.edu> From: "Refund" Subject: TMBG: Hidden tracks (here we go again) Date: Sat, 20 Jun 1998 15:53:17 -0600 There is more than one way to hide a track on a CD, though. If anybody out there has...I think it was Green Day's 'Dookie' album, it had a hidden track /way/ at the end. You had to listen to the last song, then fast forward for a bit, then wait a really long time before the random animal noises or whatever started for the song to go. Incidentally, it was called 'I was alone' and it was pretty damned funny. Just thought I'd inform you all of that. I will now go back to building the perfect M:tG deck. Thank you for your patience. Signed, Nick Wolf, TMBG Ambassador to the state of New Mexico. And whoever said there's nothing new under the sun never thought much about individuals, but he's dead anyway. The Refreshments -- Down Together. P.S. Visit www.geocities.com/SunsetStrip/Amphitheatre/5550/ The first Julie Plug tribute page in HISTORY!!! :0) ------------------------------ From: mjames@khserver.loyola.edu (Matthew James) Message-Id: <9806202206.AA22535@khserver.loyola.edu> Subject: TMBG: Hidden tracks (here we go again) Date: Sat, 20 Jun 1998 18:06:41 -0400 (EDT) > There is more than one way to hide a track on a CD, though. If anybody out > there has...I think it was Green Day's 'Dookie' album, it had a hidden track > /way/ at the end. You had to listen to the last song, then fast forward for > a bit, then wait a really long time before the random animal noises or > whatever started for the song to go. Incidentally, it was called 'I was Is this anything like that Machines of Loving Grace CD where the last track was about 28 minutes long, the first 3 minutes of which were a song and then every 5 minutes for the next 25 minutes you'd hear a little noise or lyric? Also, with all of this talk about the secret IFTS Monopuff track, I was wondering where exactly is it? If it's like Factory Showroom, with the -1:03 on the first track then I know my CD player can't play that, nor can my CDROM. Is this the case or is it somewhere else? Thanks, Matt -- Matt James mjames@greed.loyola.edu Loyola College in Baltimore, MD Bruce Campbell Gazette: www.bcgazette.com ------------------------------ Message-ID: <19980620221847.23727.qmail@hotmail.com> From: "Josh Buckland" Subject: TMBG: Tmbg uselessness, it exists!!!!! Date: Sat, 20 Jun 1998 15:18:46 PDT I'm a bit confused. I have most all of the albums. I'm a year-old fan. Actualy, I came upon a TMBG song being played on TV a few years ago. But it was only rescently that I've found out Their name. So I collect Their album as often as possible. With that in mind, pardon my ignorance. I was looking at the track listings for STD and The Early Years. Will someone give me one good reason to buy these albums??? They're the same songs I alredy have, only on another album!!! What is the use??? Why should I buy these CDs if I already have the songs? Am I missing something??? Plese post your responces. I need to know what's wrong with Them. Josh Buckland dilbert_2000@hotmail.com "She just goes a little mad sometimes. We ALL go a little mad sometimes. Haven't you?" --Norman Bates, "Psycho" ______________________________________________________ Get Your Private, Free Email at http://www.hotmail.com ------------------------------ From: Leo Bicknell Message-Id: <199806202224.SAA27287@ussenterprise.ufp.org> Subject: Re: TMBG: Tmbg uselessness, it exists!!!!! Date: Sat, 20 Jun 1998 18:24:57 -0400 (EDT) > album as often as possible. With that in mind, pardon my ignorance. I > was looking at the track listings for STD and The Early Years. Will > someone give me one good reason to buy these albums??? They're the same > songs I alredy have, only on another album!!! What is the use??? Why > should I buy these CDs if I already have the songs? Am I missing > something??? Plese post your responces. I need to know what's wrong with > Them. STD, with its live tracks, makes you feel like you are at a concert. It has more of a fun feel to it than a studio album like Then. Also, the songs aren't always the "same". The addition or removal of horns can greatly change a song, as can a new verse, or a new bridge. Most importantly, there are new tracks, songs that may not appear on another album for a long time. If you want to have a complete collection, you'll have to get it. -- Leo Bicknell - bicknell@ufp.org Systems Engineer - Internetworking Engineer - CCIE 3440 Read TMBG List - tmbg-list-request@tmbg.org, www.tmbg.org ------------------------------ Message-Id: <3.0.1.32.19980620182326.006a5000@mail.clemson.edu> Date: Sat, 20 Jun 1998 18:23:26 -0400 From: Adam Tyner Subject: Re: TMBG: Tmbg uselessness, it exists!!!!! No, you don't have all those songs. :) STD is a live album...given, you've heard most of the songs on there before, but they're live...there are also a few new ones. Then has a ton of bonus tracks not available elsewhere. Sure, a lot of them are disappointing, but you don't have them. -Adam At 03:18 PM 6/20/98 PDT, Josh Buckland wrote: >I'm a bit confused. I have most all of the albums. I'm a year-old fan. >Actualy, I came upon a TMBG song being played on TV a few years ago. But >it was only rescently that I've found out Their name. So I collect Their >album as often as possible. With that in mind, pardon my ignorance. I >was looking at the track listings for STD and The Early Years. Will >someone give me one good reason to buy these albums??? They're the same >songs I alredy have, only on another album!!! What is the use??? Why >should I buy these CDs if I already have the songs? Am I missing >something??? Plese post your responces. I need to know what's wrong with >Them. /=---------------- http://www.he-man.org/ctyner/ ----------------=\ http://www.awod.com/gallery/rwav/ctyner/ The home of He-Man, "Weird Al", Yoo-hoo, Killer Tomatoes, and more! Demented music list admin O- MiSTie #67,326 ------------------------------ Message-Id: <3.0.1.32.19980620182538.006a5740@mail.clemson.edu> Date: Sat, 20 Jun 1998 18:25:38 -0400 From: Adam Tyner Subject: Re: TMBG: Tmbg uselessness, it exists!!!!! One other thing - by the very nature of live albums and retrospectives, they contain material you've already heard. :) Why they're releasing all this stuff at once is beyond me, though. Normally such material doesn't see the day of light until a band's broken up or on its last legs. -Adam /=---------------- http://www.he-man.org/ctyner/ ----------------=\ http://www.awod.com/gallery/rwav/ctyner/ The home of He-Man, "Weird Al", Yoo-hoo, Killer Tomatoes, and more! Demented music list admin O- MiSTie #67,326 ------------------------------ From: KdsInThHal@aol.com Message-ID: <76b36079.358c3735@aol.com> Date: Sat, 20 Jun 1998 18:27:00 EDT Subject: Re: TMBG: Tmbg uselessness, it exists!!!!! *sigh* In a message dated 6/20/98 6:20:19 PM, dilbert_2000@hotmail.com wrote: >I'm a bit confused. I have most all of the albums. I'm a year-old fan. >Actualy, I came upon a TMBG song being played on TV a few years ago. But >it was only rescently that I've found out Their name. So I collect Their >album as often as possible. With that in mind, pardon my ignorance. I >was looking at the track listings for STD and The Early Years. Will >someone give me one good reason to buy these albums??? They're the same >songs I alredy have, only on another album!!! What is the use??? Why >should I buy these CDs if I already have the songs? Am I missing >something??? Plese post your responces. * >I need to know what's wrong with >Them. * completely - nothing. you have every reason to buy this. they are live versions of old songs, and unreleased studio tracks. you are still a fairly 'new' fan, so i don't know, maybe you don't see that as anything special, but many of us do. sarah ------------------------------ Message-ID: <001301bd9c9a$9276d580$a5321ed1@refund.rcn.nmt.edu> From: "Refund" Subject: TMBG: Uselesness???? BLASPHEMY!!!! :0) Date: Sat, 20 Jun 1998 16:27:10 -0600 First of all, let me tell you...you type pretty good for a one year old. Heh...sorry, couldn't resist. STD and Then: The Early Years are far from useless, though. STD, for instance, will have live recordings. Live performances, in my opinion, are great. Then, The Early Years has more than just the first two albums on it too. It has unreleased stuffs, and intros and things. It's great. Who can live without 'Become A Robot'? It's too funny to ignore. Trust me on one thing: it is never a bad idea to buy a TMBG album you don't already own. Thank you. Signed, Nick Wolf, TMBG Ambassador to the state of New Mexico. And whoever said there's nothing new under the sun never thought much about individuals, but he's dead anyway. The Refreshments -- Down Together. P.S. Visit www.geocities.com/SunsetStrip/Amphitheatre/5550/ The first Julie Plug tribute page in HISTORY!!! :0) ------------------------------ Date: Sat, 20 Jun 1998 15:31:06 -0700 (PDT) From: Alon Yaari Subject: TMBG: Fan Geography Message-ID: Just a simple survey out of sheer curiosity. Where are YOU located? I'm interested basically in these three pieces of info: city state zip code For example, I live in: Hollywood, CA, 90004. If you are worried about privacy, give me a nearby zipcode. I'm targeting this at active people on the list and you lurkers (people who read this list but never post to it). You can either post your info to the list or send it directly to my e-mail. If I get enough responses I'll post grouped results of where They Might Be Giants fans live in the United States (and around the world if I get enough international responses). -The Yar (Geographer by trade) ------------------------------ Message-ID: <001d01bd9c9b$2481eb40$a5321ed1@refund.rcn.nmt.edu> From: "Refund" Subject: TMBG: Geography Date: Sat, 20 Jun 1998 16:31:15 -0600 Albuquerque, New Mexico, 87111 Signed, Nick Wolf, TMBG Ambassador to the state of New Mexico. And whoever said there's nothing new under the sun never thought much about individuals, but he's dead anyway. The Refreshments -- Down Together. P.S. Visit www.geocities.com/SunsetStrip/Amphitheatre/5550/ The first Julie Plug tribute page in HISTORY!!! :0) ------------------------------ Message-ID: <19980620223413.28155.qmail@hotmail.com> From: "Josh Buckland" Subject: TMBG: Not so useless afterall Date: Sat, 20 Jun 1998 15:34:12 PDT Alright already!!! I didn't know about any "live" tracks. All I knew is that I saw a bunch of songs that I could go in my and slip in the player. When I said the previous sentence, I was refering to both STD and The Early Years. My opologies. Josh Buckland dilbert_2000@hotmail.com "She just goes a little mad sometimes. We ALL go a little mad sometimes. Haven't you?" --Norman Bates, "Psycho" ______________________________________________________ Get Your Private, Free Email at http://www.hotmail.com ------------------------------ From: KdsInThHal@aol.com Message-ID: <7d2cc7e9.358c3a79@aol.com> Date: Sat, 20 Jun 1998 18:40:56 EDT Subject: Re: TMBG: Fan Geography tmbg: yes. WDTSS is on the radio as i type. In a message dated 6/20/98 5:31:25 PM, ayaari@usc.edu wrote: > >Just a simple survey out of sheer curiosity. Where are YOU located? I'm >interested basically in these three pieces of info: > city > state > zip code city: Rochester state: NY zip code: 14616 >For example, I live in: Hollywood, CA, 90004. If you are worried about >privacy, give me a nearby zipcode. I'm targeting this at active people on >the list and you lurkers (people who read this list but never post to it). >You can either post your info to the list or send it directly to my >e-mail. If I get enough responses I'll post grouped results of where They >Might Be Giants fans live in the United States (and around the world if I >get enough international responses). are you going to make a map? I've made a map of a newsgroup's habitants (http://members.aol.com/snirv/map.html)... not that I'm volunteering to do this one.. ;) there's also a map for "cowtowners" (some overlapping with that and the list) that jake (mrshow) runs (?) but I don't know where he keeps it. anyways I think a map'd be swell. :) sarah ------------------------------ Date: Sat, 20 Jun 1998 16:07:50 -0700 (PDT) From: Alon Yaari Subject: Re: TMBG: Fan Geography Message-ID: > >are you going to make a map? >I've made a map of a newsgroup's habitants >(http://members.aol.com/snirv/map.html)... not that I'm volunteering to do >this one.. ;) there's also a map for "cowtowners" (some overlapping with that >and the list) that jake (mrshow) runs (?) but I don't know where he keeps it. > >anyways I think a map'd be swell. :) > >sarah My intent is to make a map of TMBG fans. After I get enough responses I'll put it up on the web. -The Yar (geographer extraordinnaire) ------------------------------ From: mike12da@cyberwaves.com (Mike Mcguire) Subject: Re: NON_TMBG: locales Date: Sat, 20 Jun 1998 23:35:16 GMT Message-Id: <898385716@cyberwaves.com> Organization: SYNERGY RESOURCES, INC. -> Received: from localhost (majordom@localhost) -> by ussenterprise.ufp.org (8.8.8/8.8.7) with SMTP id DAA11711; -> Sun, 14 Jun 1998 03:14:11 -0400 (EDT) -> Received: by ussenterprise.ufp.org (bulk_mailer v1.6); Sun, 14 Jun 1998 03:14:07 -0400 -> Received: (from majordom@localhost) -> by ussenterprise.ufp.org (8.8.8/8.8.7) id DAA11425 -> for tmbg-list-outgoing; Sun, 14 Jun 1998 03:14:07 -0400 (EDT) -> Received: from m10.boston.juno.com (m10.boston.juno.com [205.231.101.195]) -> by ussenterprise.ufp.org (8.8.8/8.8.7) with ESMTP id DAA11416 -> for ; Sun, 14 Jun 1998 03:14:04 -0400 (EDT) -> Received: (from jnielsen69@juno.com) -> by m10.boston.juno.com (queuemail) id DFPFVRTN; Sun, 14 Jun 1998 03:13:33 EDT -> To: tmbg-list@tmbg.org -> Date: Sun, 14 Jun 1998 00:17:57 -0700 -> Subject: Re: NON_TMBG: locales -> Message-ID: <19980614.001925.12006.0.jnielsen69@juno.com> -> References: <1.5.4.32.19980613175352.0068ed2c@cybnetonline.com> -> X-Mailer: Juno 1.49 -> X-Juno-Line-Breaks: 1-6 -> From: jnielsen69@juno.com (Josh Nielsen) -> Sender: owner-tmbg-list@tmbg.org -> Reply-To: jnielsen69@juno.com (Josh Nielsen) -> I'm from Portland (actually Newberg). That's all I wanted to say. Oh, -> have you been to Bi-Mart lately?? The Man is on their little paper bag. -> Josh Nielsen -> jnielsen69@juno.com -> http://www.angelfire.com/or/jnielsen/ -> http://www.geocities.com/SunsetStrip/Studio/4091 -> ICQ #1337243 -> _____________________________________________________________________ -> You don't need to buy Internet access to use free Internet e-mail. -> Get completely free e-mail from Juno at http://www.juno.com -> Or call Juno at (800) 654-JUNO [654-5866] I think that I'm the only person form Houston on this list. If there is anyone else, it would be quite a pleasant surprise. *Mike* ------------------------------ Subject: TMBG: Fan Geography Message-ID: <19980620.201958.8999.1.captainmarvel2@juno.com> From: captainmarvel2@juno.com (Derek A Klein) Date: Sat, 20 Jun 1998 20:20:51 EDT city: Troy state: New York zip code: 12180 Derek "Egad, a base tone denotes a bad age" _____________________________________________________________________ You don't need to buy Internet access to use free Internet e-mail. Get completely free e-mail from Juno at http://www.juno.com Or call Juno at (800) 654-JUNO [654-5866] ------------------------------ Subject: TMBG: Super Fueled Freaksicle Message-ID: <19980620.201958.8999.2.captainmarvel2@juno.com> From: captainmarvel2@juno.com (Derek A Klein) Date: Sat, 20 Jun 1998 20:20:51 EDT Does anyone know when Super Fueled Freaksicle is supposed to come out? I heard that it had been recorded, but that was last year, and that was the last I heard of it. Does anybody know anything else? Derek "Egad, a base tone denotes a bad age" _____________________________________________________________________ You don't need to buy Internet access to use free Internet e-mail. Get completely free e-mail from Juno at http://www.juno.com Or call Juno at (800) 654-JUNO [654-5866] ------------------------------ Subject: TMBG: Hidden tracks (here we go again) Message-ID: <19980620.201958.8999.0.captainmarvel2@juno.com> From: captainmarvel2@juno.com (Derek A Klein) Date: Sat, 20 Jun 1998 20:20:51 EDT >Also, with all of this talk about the secret IFTS Monopuff track, I was wondering where >exactly is it? If it's like Factory Showroom, with the -1:03 on the first track then I know >my CD player can't play that, nor can my CDROM. Is this the case or is it somewhere >else? IFTS? I thought we were talking about Severe Tire Damage. Is there a secret song on It's Fun To Steal? Derek "Egad, a base tone denotes a bad age" _____________________________________________________________________ You don't need to buy Internet access to use free Internet e-mail. Get completely free e-mail from Juno at http://www.juno.com Or call Juno at (800) 654-JUNO [654-5866] ------------------------------ Message-Id: <3.0.1.32.19980620202239.006a37b8@mail.clemson.edu> Date: Sat, 20 Jun 1998 20:22:39 -0400 From: Adam Tyner Subject: Re: TMBG: Fan Geography Well, it depends. :) Home - Charleston, SC, 29407 At college - Clemson, SC, 29632 -Adam /=---------------- http://www.he-man.org/ctyner/ ----------------=\ http://www.awod.com/gallery/rwav/ctyner/ The home of He-Man, "Weird Al", Yoo-hoo, Killer Tomatoes, and more! Demented music list admin O- MiSTie #67,326 ------------------------------ From: CajunGram@aol.com Message-ID: <67466ada.358c537e@aol.com> Date: Sat, 20 Jun 1998 20:27:41 EDT Subject: Re: TMBG: Fan Geography Seattle Washington 98146 Graham ------------------------------ Date: Sat, 20 Jun 1998 19:31:48 -0500 From: ja0022@drake.edu (The Pope) Subject: TMBG: Woo Hoo just bought a copy of the Pink Album Message-id: went to best buy today and what do I see...TMBG's Pink Album...needless to say I bought it right away and was quite surprised to see that Best Buy had TWO copies of it on their rack...I am most pleased now...however, they did not have Mono Puff's new one, but oh well, I will get that some other time... Nothing's going to change my clothes Jason ------------------------------ Message-Id: <3.0.5.32.19980620203833.007ced10@pop.cwru.edu> Date: Sat, 20 Jun 1998 20:38:33 -0400 From: Josh Buckland Subject: Re: TMBG: Not so useless afterall I've a question about Rabid (child) Fanhood. If a CD contained the EXACT same versions of the EXACT same songs (no extra or different songs) as another CD by the EXACT same group, but with a DIFFERENT alternative cover, would a true fan buy the CD for a change in the CD cover? I ask because I've given it my best to be the biggest fan I can be. It looks as though I've been unsuccessful. People of Cowtown, I need your help!!! Josh Buckland dilbert_2000@hotmail.com "She just goes a little mad sometimes. We ALL go a little mad sometimes. Haven't you?" --Norman Bates, "Psycho" ------------------------------ Message-Id: <3.0.1.32.19980620204045.006a6460@mail.clemson.edu> Date: Sat, 20 Jun 1998 20:40:45 -0400 From: Adam Tyner Subject: Re: TMBG: Not so useless afterall I've done it before... I bought the Don't Let's Start 3" single after having Misc. T for over a year, and I paid $15 for the Then in-store sampler when I already had it... It's not something I do very often, but I don't think anyone would say you're a rabid fan for not getting them. It's the really rare, obscure stuff that shows just how rabid a fan is...dedicating your time to find items like Dr. Spock's Backup Band, Live!! NYC, and Kit Kat Acoustic Break. (All of which I have. ;) -Adam At 08:38 PM 6/20/98 -0400, Josh Buckland wrote: >I've a question about Rabid (child) Fanhood. If a CD contained the EXACT >same versions of the EXACT same songs (no extra or different songs) as >another CD by the EXACT same group, but with a DIFFERENT alternative >cover, would a true fan buy the CD for a change in the CD cover? I ask >because I've given it my best to be the biggest fan I can be. It looks as >though I've been unsuccessful. People of Cowtown, I need your help!!! /=---------------- http://www.he-man.org/ctyner/ ----------------=\ http://www.awod.com/gallery/rwav/ctyner/ The home of He-Man, "Weird Al", Yoo-hoo, Killer Tomatoes, and more! Demented music list admin O- MiSTie #67,326 ------------------------------ Message-ID: <19980621010430.29675.qmail@hotmail.com> From: "Josh Buckland" Subject: TMBG: Misc. Things Date: Sat, 20 Jun 1998 18:04:29 PDT I'd like to say a few things to all of you. 1) Thanks to SpiderEyes for posting that message. 2) Was The Johns refering to the actual Dr. Spock in "They Might Be Giants", or were they showing their lack of Star Trek viewing by calling Mr. Spock "Dr. Spock"(A common non-fan mistake is calling Mr. Spock "Dr. Spock", when the doctor is actualy Dr. McCoy. That's how you weed out the Treky wannabes.)??? 3) Did any of you know that Dr. Spock died??? Josh Buckland dilbert_2000@hotmail.com "She just goes a little mad sometimes. We ALL go a little mad sometimes. Haven't you?" --Norman Bates, "Psycho" ______________________________________________________ Get Your Private, Free Email at http://www.hotmail.com ------------------------------ From: DrWormX@aol.com Message-ID: <64932a8c.358c5c63@aol.com> Date: Sat, 20 Jun 1998 21:05:38 EDT Subject: Re: TMBG: Not so useless afterall I wouldn't. For example, I became a fan after the first few albums were already out. I never purchaced the pink album, lincoln, or misc. T, but I did purchace Then. I am not going to go back and waste my money on those three albums that I already have. Matt - gsrkljgsrklnrgsrglkjsedlkjfwe236ythgddgh5e The few surviving samurai surveyed the battle field, they count the arms, the legs, and heads, and then divide by five http://members.aol.com/DrWormX- SOON TO BE DEMOLISHED ------------------------------ Subject: Non-TMBG: Resident Evil Movie Message-ID: <19980620.220516.2279.0.captainmarvel2@juno.com> From: captainmarvel2@juno.com (Derek A Klein) Date: Sat, 20 Jun 1998 22:06:19 EDT Sorry, this has nothing to do with TMBG, but all of this talk about movies has gotten me thinking: does anyone know anything about the upcoming Resident Evil movie? Actors, release date, whatever. Thanks. Derek "Egad, a base tone denotes a bad age" _____________________________________________________________________ You don't need to buy Internet access to use free Internet e-mail. Get completely free e-mail from Juno at http://www.juno.com Or call Juno at (800) 654-JUNO [654-5866] ------------------------------ From: mjames@khserver.loyola.edu (Matthew James) Message-Id: <9806210407.AA22767@khserver.loyola.edu> Subject: TMBG: Fish Heads Date: Sun, 21 Jun 1998 00:07:22 -0400 (EDT) I think it was on here the discussion about the Fish Heads song. Well a movie came on and that song was in it and it says it was by Haimer and Mumy, so I guess whoever said it was by Mumy was half right! -Matt -- Matt James mjames@greed.loyola.edu Loyola College in Baltimore, MD Bruce Campbell Gazette: www.bcgazette.com ------------------------------ Message-ID: <19980621050946.5326.qmail@hotmail.com> From: "Lauren Mullen" Subject: TMBG: free moxy show!!! Date: Sat, 20 Jun 1998 22:09:45 PDT i, the moxy fruvous virgin, will be graced with a free concert of theirs next friday. they are playing at a nearby festival of the arts completely and totally free of charge. what should i expect? i have heard sara (nekton64@tmbg.org) talk about them before, and some others. i am...intrigued (pinky to mouth, raise eyebrow). -luv.-later.-judy g. "there's no linking all of this with cheese." -kyle carrozza. *** "and if i always seem distracted like my mind is somewhere else that's because it's true..." -BNL.-break your heart. *** "don't call me at work again no, no, the boss still hates me and i'm just tired, and i don't love you anymore..." -TMBG.-they'll need a crane. ______________________________________________________ Get Your Private, Free Email at http://www.hotmail.com ------------------------------ From: mike12da@cyberwaves.com (Mike Mcguire) Subject: Re: Re: Not really TMBG: Tony Maimone & Soul Coughing Date: Sun, 21 Jun 1998 05:10:32 GMT Message-Id: <898405832@cyberwaves.com> Organization: SYNERGY RESOURCES, INC. -> Received: from localhost (majordom@localhost) -> by ussenterprise.ufp.org (8.8.8/8.8.7) with SMTP id PAA03231; -> Tue, 16 Jun 1998 15:27:14 -0400 (EDT) -> Received: by ussenterprise.ufp.org (bulk_mailer v1.6); Tue, 16 Jun 1998 15:27:13 -0400 -> Received: (from majordom@localhost) -> by ussenterprise.ufp.org (8.8.8/8.8.7) id PAA03220 -> for tmbg-list-outgoing; Tue, 16 Jun 1998 15:27:13 -0400 (EDT) -> Received: from imo26.mx.aol.com (imo26.mx.aol.com [198.81.17.70]) -> by ussenterprise.ufp.org (8.8.8/8.8.7) with ESMTP id PAA03211 -> for ; Tue, 16 Jun 1998 15:27:11 -0400 (EDT) -> From: KdsInThHal@aol.com -> Received: from KdsInThHal@aol.com -> by imo26.mx.aol.com (IMOv14_b1.1) id IHFFa04520 -> for ; Tue, 16 Jun 1998 15:26:33 -0400 (EDT) -> Message-ID: <27332cc6.3586c6ea@aol.com> -> Date: Tue, 16 Jun 1998 15:26:33 EDT -> To: tmbg-list@tmbg.org -> Mime-Version: 1.0 -> Subject: Re: Re: Not really TMBG: Tony Maimone & Soul Coughing -> Content-type: text/plain; charset=US-ASCII -> Content-transfer-encoding: 7bit -> X-Mailer: AOL 3.0 for Mac sub 82 -> Sender: owner-tmbg-list@tmbg.org -> Reply-To: KdsInThHal@aol.com -> In a message dated 6/16/98 3:19:53 PM, you wrote: -> >Just like Grant Maby is Joe Jackson's Bassist. -> > -> >spliting hairs, -> it's _Graham_. ;) i'm sure you knew that. but you know.. ;) -> i heard something vaguely that TMBG has a new bassist to replace Hal (but Hal -> was only temporary temporary anyways, right?) and his name is Dan? anyone know -> more about this? -> so now they're John and Dan squared? :) -> sarah -> linnellgirl@tmbg.org -> http://lava.home.ml.org -> "I was just trying to have some personality is all." - David Cross, Mr. Show I want to be their bassist. They should pick me up. I'd get down and funky with the boys. No, really... I could play bass for them. I'll just get my people to call their people. I would if I had people. I have some dishes. *Mike* Future TMBG bassist ------------------------------ From: CajunGram@aol.com Message-ID: Date: Sun, 21 Jun 1998 01:12:13 EDT Subject: Re: TMBG: free moxy show!!! In a message dated 98-06-21 01:10:45 EDT, you write: << i, the moxy fruvous virgin, will be graced with a free concert of theirs next friday. they are playing at a nearby festival of the arts completely and totally free of charge >> Damn you East Coast BASTARDS!!!!! Graham "He who really has nothing against the East Coast, other that all the good bands tour their exclusively" Amsden ------------------------------ From: gray42@juno.com Date: Sun, 21 Jun 1998 01:06:12 -0400 Subject: Re: TMBG: Hidden tracks (here we go again) Message-ID: <19980621.011506.3390.0.gray42@juno.com> Or there's the way that Mr. Bungle did it, put songs inbetween songs. It meant that I didn't realize that the song was hidden until I tried finding it by skipping tracks, cause I wanted to find it to play for a friend. The song was behind another, so I was going completely mad, trying to find this wonderful song for my friend, and couldn't come across it. Then I worried I had somehow broken the CD, it wasn't till later on when I sat through the CD and listened to it w/ out skipping that I realized the CD was fine and the song I tried so hard to find was hidden. Ha! The joke was on me ;) Another good way to hide music tracks would be simply to not tell anybody about them. someday I'd like to get a CD/movie preview with nothing but a big question mark on it, especially if it was free... heh Mysterio Gal (who just saw Mulan, loved it, and feels uplifted) "I DON'T LIKE HAMBURGER, I WANT PEANUTBUTTER, ACTUALLY I HATE PEANUTBUTTER TOO! I JUST WANT HAIR!" -- Claire Monster (fully equipped with extremely loud keyboard and monster voice) ICQ# 9585405 MST3K#88182 gray42@juno.com http://www.geocities.com/SoHo/Coffeehouse/4871 _____________________________________________________________________ You don't need to buy Internet access to use free Internet e-mail. Get completely free e-mail from Juno at http://www.juno.com Or call Juno at (800) 654-JUNO [654-5866] ------------------------------ From: gray42@juno.com Date: Sun, 21 Jun 1998 01:12:28 -0400 Subject: Re: TMBG: Fan Geography Message-ID: <19980621.011507.3390.1.gray42@juno.com> Venice Florida 34293 Mysterio Gal (who loves participating in surveys) "I DON'T LIKE HAMBURGER, I WANT PEANUTBUTTER, ACTUALLY I HATE PEANUTBUTTER TOO! I JUST WANT HAIR!" -- Claire Monster (fully equipped with extremely loud keyboard and monster voice) ICQ# 9585405 MST3K#88182 gray42@juno.com http://www.geocities.com/SoHo/Coffeehouse/4871 _____________________________________________________________________ You don't need to buy Internet access to use free Internet e-mail. Get completely free e-mail from Juno at http://www.juno.com Or call Juno at (800) 654-JUNO [654-5866] ------------------------------ From: mike12da@cyberwaves.com (Mike Mcguire) Subject: Re: TMBG: XTC v. AA on STD Date: Sun, 21 Jun 1998 05:30:39 GMT Message-Id: <898407039@cyberwaves.com> Organization: SYNERGY RESOURCES, INC. -> Received: from localhost (majordom@localhost) -> by ussenterprise.ufp.org (8.8.8/8.8.7) with SMTP id QAA17622; -> Wed, 17 Jun 1998 16:04:25 -0400 (EDT) -> Received: by ussenterprise.ufp.org (bulk_mailer v1.6); Wed, 17 Jun 1998 16:04:23 -0400 -> Received: (from majordom@localhost) -> by ussenterprise.ufp.org (8.8.8/8.8.7) id QAA17611 -> for tmbg-list-outgoing; Wed, 17 Jun 1998 16:04:23 -0400 (EDT) -> Received: from mail.utexas.edu (mail.utexas.edu [128.83.126.1]) -> by ussenterprise.ufp.org (8.8.8/8.8.7) with SMTP id QAA17602 -> for ; Wed, 17 Jun 1998 16:04:20 -0400 (EDT) -> Message-Id: <199806172004.QAA17602@ussenterprise.ufp.org> -> Received: (qmail 28533 invoked by uid 0); 17 Jun 1998 20:04:18 -0000 -> Received: from dial-17-10.ots.utexas.edu (HELO fucker) (128.83.128.42) -> by mail.utexas.edu with SMTP; 17 Jun 1998 20:04:18 -0000 -> X-Sender: mitcharf@mail.utexas.edu -> X-Mailer: QUALCOMM Windows Eudora Pro Version 4.0 -> Date: Wed, 17 Jun 1998 15:04:22 -0500 -> To: tmbg-list@tmbg.org -> From: Mitchell Harding -> Subject: Re: TMBG: XTC v. AA on STD -> In-Reply-To: <19980617.130158.11126.5.TMBgirl@juno.com> -> References: <81c63e41.35880d45@aol.com> -> Mime-Version: 1.0 -> Content-Type: text/plain; charset="us-ascii" -> Sender: owner-tmbg-list@tmbg.org -> Reply-To: Mitchell Harding -> >at least the guitar has a distinct sound when it's live... XTC v AA is -> >really not that great... i wonder what they were smoking when they -> >decided to do this... maybe they were just hanging out with uncle -> >squid... :P -> You're all crazy. It's a great song. My wife and I officially cast you all -> into deepest darkest Massachusetts. -> Mitch -> HEy, I love the song too. I wouldn't mind going to Mass. though, I've never been there. Is it pretty? *Mike* ------------------------------ Date: Sun, 21 Jun 1998 00:40:50 -0500 (CDT) From: "Christopher M. Stangl" Subject: Re: TMBG: Fan Geography Message-ID: On Sat, 20 Jun 1998, Alon Yaari wrote: > Just a simple survey out of sheer curiosity. Where are YOU located? I'm > interested basically in these three pieces of info: Iowa City, Iowa 52246 -Rev. Chris Stangl ------------------------------ From: ForScience@aol.com Message-ID: Date: Sun, 21 Jun 1998 01:41:11 EDT Subject: Re: TMBG: Fish Heads In a message dated 98-06-21 00:17:04 EDT, mjames@khserver.loyola.edu writes: << I think it was on here the discussion about the Fish Heads song. Well a movie came on and that song was in it and it says it was by Haimer and Mumy, so I guess whoever said it was by Mumy was half right! -Matt >> They actually showed that video on M2 a few months back (the video is hilarious), it is by Robert Haimer and Bill Mumy, but they also go by Barnes & Barnes. Amber~ ------------------------------ Message-Id: Date: Sun, 21 Jun 1998 00:49:31 -0500 From: Mitchell Harding Subject: Re: TMBG: Fish Heads At 12:07 AM 6/21/98 -0400, you wrote: >I think it was on here the discussion about the Fish Heads song. >Well a movie came on and that song was in it and it says it was >by Haimer and Mumy, so I guess whoever said it was by Mumy was half >right! I have the CD with Fish Heads on it. The CD is by Barnes & Barnes. Harf, Mitcharf I had a dream about a Chinese toothpaste that was elegant and solitary. ------------------------------ From: mike12da@cyberwaves.com (Mike Mcguire) Subject: TMBG: On the Subject of Hidden Tracks Date: Sun, 21 Jun 1998 06:04:46 GMT Message-Id: <898409086@cyberwaves.com> Organization: SYNERGY RESOURCES, INC. I love the hidden track on IFTS. Espescially the last male part at the end. It's silly. I think you rewind to a little over -2:00. Anyway There are a few ways to put hidden tracks in. The Most popular is to put it a ways after the last song M