Errors-To: owner-tmbg-digest@tmbg.org Reply-To: tmbg-digest@tmbg.org Sender: owner-tmbg-digest@tmbg.org Precedence: bulk From: owner-tmbg-digest@tmbg.org To: tmbg-digest@tmbg.org Subject: tmbg-list Digest #7-26 tmbg-list Digest, Volume 7, Number 26 Friday, 26 June 1998 Today's Topics: TMBG: A missing listee Re: TMBG: Resident Evil/Dead Alive Re: TMBG: Joshua Fried rantings -Reply TMBG: reference to TMBG on WDVE Re: TMBG: the whole schools issue / Hello club NON-TMBG: "art" Re: TMBG: Mono Who? Re: TMBG: you people aren't very talkative today Re: TMBG: you people aren't very talkative today Re: TMBG: IFTS "Hidden Track" TMBG: Other Music Re: TMBG: daily show--hbd / theremin / Planet of the Apes TMBG: tmbg in the movies Re: TMBG: tmbg in the movies TMBG: tmbg: techno? Re: TMBG: South Park Theme - What Kenny Says TMBG: TMBG in TV Re: TMBG: tmbg: techno? Re: TMBG: tmbg: techno? non-tmbg: Re: TMBG: TMBG in TV Re: non-tmbg: Re: TMBG: TMBG in TV TMBG: TMBG-most beautiful people Re: NON-TMBG: Postmodernism, Art, and Puff Daddy Re: NON-TMBG: Postmodernism, Art and Puff Daddy Re: TMBG: IFTS "Hidden Track" non-TMBG: IFTS Postcard Re: TMBG: tmbg in the movies Re: NON!-TMBG: South Park Theme - What Kenny Says Re: TMBG: A missing listee Re: TMBG: Other Music Re: TMBG: daily show--hbd / theremin / Planet of the Apes Re: TMBG: newbies NON-TMBG: What Kenny Says Re: TMBG: newbies Re: TMBG: newbies TMBG: Re: TMBG message in Harry the Handsome Executive TMBG: Re:\South Park/Dr. Katz/Conan O'Brien TMBG: Fan Geography TMBG: std blurb TMBG: non-tmbg: pomo and petname TMBG: missing persons TMBG: Non-TMBG TMBG: daily show--hbd Re: TMBG: TMBG-most beautiful people Re: TMBG: Mono Puff on the radio Re: non-TMBG: IFTS Postcard TMBG: Re: \South Park/Dr. Katz/Conan O'Brien Re: TMBG: Non-TMBG NON-TMBG:Dilbert2000 and this list (no hard feelings) Re: TMBG: Non-TMBG TMBG: Re:non-tmbg: South Park Theme - What Kenny Says Re: TMBG: TMBG-most beautiful people Re: TMBG: Re:\South Park/Dr. Katz/Conan O'Brien Administrivia: If you wish to unsubscribe from this mailing send mail to tmbg-digest-request@tmbg.org for instructions on how to be automatically removed. --------------------------------------------------------------------- The views expressed herein are those of the individual authors. --------------------------------------------------------------------- tmbg-list is digested with Digest 3.5b (John Relph ). ---------------------------------------------------------------------- Message-Id: <3.0.2.32.19980623233125.007e9b40@mail-in.keme.net> Date: Tue, 23 Jun 1998 23:31:25 +0100 From: the famous Uncle Squid Subject: TMBG: A missing listee >>>>>WARNING<<<<< THOSE ON THIS LIST WHO HAVE NEVER SEEN A STRESSED SQUID, IT IS NOTHING UNUSUAL,PLEASE BARE WITH THE MAIL AS IT IS RATHER IMPORTANT TO ME! * ---------------------------------------------------------------------------- --- Has anyone heard from Sullenmoon over the last few days? She said she was going away for like the weekend and now it's Tuesday. This is me worried ----> AAAAAAAARRRRRRGGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHH. WOW! I'm freakin' big-time! And on a related note... Strawboss_69, why on earth did you let me know where you came from as well as the list, the only reason for my concern is that hmmm, 'tis the same place a Sullenmoon and my paranoid little brain is having a fit with about one billion theories... --USQ (who needs help, or maybe just a slap 'round the face) ~THE ELLESLEYS~ (of Colchester-Essex-UK) Home Page: Http://www.keme.co.uk/~thelimes/trendsetting.html TMBG page: Http://members.xoom.com/uncle_squid/Xoom/ <><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><> "I keep seeing these red things... spaceships!" --My mate Pete Heddle <><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><> ------------------------------ Message-Id: <3.0.2.32.19980623234126.007dd9d0@mail-in.keme.net> Date: Tue, 23 Jun 1998 23:41:26 +0100 From: the famous Uncle Squid Subject: Re: TMBG: Resident Evil/Dead Alive At 10:49 23/06/98 PDT, you wrote: >--====================987654321_0==_ >Content-Type: text/plain; charset="us-ascii" > >Greetings! > > To anyone who has seen Dead Alive by Peter Jackson(The un-rated >version, not the wimpy-ass 'R' version), it is of my opinion that >Resident Evil wouldn't be Resident Evil unless the matched or even BEAT >the "Gore Factor"(TM) of Dead Alive. Dead Alive, better know to us Europeans (and the rest of the world excluding the US because of some stoopid censorship thing) as "Brain Dead" is a classic movie! I think that making me see this movie is the only thing I have to thank one of my ex-girlfriends for... oh, yeah and some other stuff (but that's private). I am wondering is Bad Taste gor released over there? That was Jackson'd first movie and it rules. Don't know which I like better but it still rules... they both do. I love the priest in Dead Alive... "I KICK ARSE FOR THE LORD!" hehehe... Anyways, thought I'd tell you all this nonsense. --USQ (who should know better but doesn't) ~THE ELLESLEYS~ (of Colchester-Essex-UK) Home Page: Http://www.keme.co.uk/~thelimes/trendsetting.html TMBG page: Http://members.xoom.com/uncle_squid/Xoom/ <><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><> "I keep seeing these red things... spaceships!" --My mate Pete Heddle <><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><> ------------------------------ Message-Id: <1.5.4.32.19980623225725.006842c8@Cybnetonline.com> Date: Tue, 23 Jun 1998 17:57:25 -0500 From: "The Li'l Depressed Boy" Subject: Re: TMBG: Joshua Fried rantings -Reply At 10:05 AM 6/23/98 +0000, rhilton@bitc.org.uk wrote: >My understanding was that 'every breath' was written by Sting about his >wife just after they had broken up and he was trying to come to terms >with this. Go back and listen to the original with this in mind and it really >isn't that romantic and is rather spooky - maybe puff daddy had it right >after all. Actually what I've heard him say on TV is that it is a song about a obsessed stalker. He thinks it's funny that they play it as a love song. It's funny. It's also great to hear "867-5309" played as a love song, because it is sooo not about that. LDB -- (this site cuts the amount of URL's I put in my Sig) My Web Page Index: http://www.cybnetonline.com/users/njack/ TMBG | D.U.M.B. NEWS | Mr. Gone Font -- Contemporary Cartoon Militia is (C) & TM 1998 S. Steven Struble and Kris W. M. Struble. The Li'l Depressed Boy, Phreeck, Spyder Hunt, and all related characters (C) & TM 1998 S. Steven Struble ------------------------------ Message-ID: <19980623230320.21649.qmail@hotmail.com> From: "Jason F." Subject: TMBG: reference to TMBG on WDVE Date: Tue, 23 Jun 1998 16:03:19 PDT I woke up the other day as I always do at 7:30 to the sound of Ed Crowe of WDVE Pittsburgh's morning show doing the sports. I was half asleep so I didn't catch the whole sentence but he said something about Istanbul and Bob the producer said "Not Constantinople" in a muffled producer-like voice. Then Ed Crowe said "Not Constantinople" almost simultaneously but not quite. Anyone who heard the full conext of this let me know what was going on. (wow, DVE's morning show mentioning INC...anyone else in the Burgh realize the magnitude of this? I know there's some of you on this list) --Jason-- "Hot Cha, where are you? Everybody's eyes are closed." -They Might Be Giants ______________________________________________________ Get Your Private, Free Email at http://www.hotmail.com ------------------------------ Message-Id: Date: Tue, 23 Jun 98 19:08 EDT From: kbrodbec@remcen.ehhs.cmich.edu (Kirsten Brodbeck) Subject: Re: TMBG: the whole schools issue / Hello club >I didn't say "bringing down membership"...I said that it brings down the >apparent quality of the music. When students feel forced to play music >well (as in for a grade), many of them do not enjoy it as much. The >enjoyment of the performers is highly important in realizing the feeling >of the music, which is one of the most important things. A lot of that can vary based on the instructor, as well. I had the same band instructor for six years (6th grade through 12th), and our band program has always been one of the top ones in the area, especially our jazz bands. Our marching band was started (well, revived) only four years ago as an extracurricular activity, and it's now a regular class and consistently getting 2's at competition. And I think a lot of it has to do with Smitty - everyone enjoys being in the band, because for the most part we pick the music, we help design the drills (in the case of the marching band), and although Smitty can get very crabby before competition, everybody I know loves the band and tries to do their best. Maybe that's the difference - we're not graded on performance, per se, just on *being* there. If you're the worst flute player there ever was, but you're at every performance and you're always trying, you'll get an "A". Kirsten (wondering what it'll be like to have a different band leader next year) -- [][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][] "And she said losing love is like a window in your heart Everybody sees you're blown apart..." - Paul Simon "Graceland" Kirsten Brodbeck AKA Crow kbrodbec@remcen.ehhs.cmich.edu ------------------------------ Message-Id: <3.0.1.32.19980623181955.006a8a6c@pop.indy.net> Date: Tue, 23 Jun 1998 18:19:55 -0400 From: rachel Subject: NON-TMBG: "art" jim kuemmerle wrote: > >granted, this definition is mindbogglingly broad, and i'm not sure i yet >grasp the full scope of its ramifications, but i like it anyway! :) > hee, hee. i like that defintion too. my boyfriend and i often argue over this topic, him being a graphic designer and me being a painting major, we don't always agree on what is good or not good, but one idea has always remained constant: (kind of like jim's defintion) that art is kind of utopian, that is, anything created with no personal gain in mind; anything created simply because you have to. i tend to call my creations "obsessive projects" because i often work with one subject matter and medium for a long period of time. BUT anyways... if you go by that definition then nothing is art because even if you do it for yourself you are gaining from it in some way. unless, of course, creating is torture for you, then i would say it would definetly fall under the category of "art." i just hate saying that "everything is art," or trying to decide what is, so i would rather make it easier on myself and say that _nothing_ is. meow meow meow. elitist hippocrate, rachel and on that note, ------------------------------ Message-Id: Date: Tue, 23 Jun 98 19:32 EDT From: kbrodbec@remcen.ehhs.cmich.edu (Kirsten Brodbeck) Subject: Re: TMBG: Mono Who? >I haven't heard It's Fun To Steal yet, but I have heard Unsupervised, and >it's great. I really recommend this CD. I also have The Devil Went Down >To Newport (Totally Rockin) single, and that is really cool too. In my >opinion, Mono Puff is a kick ass band! Today I brought "The Devil Went Down to Newport" to my guitar lesson for help with all the tricky bits, and my teacher loved it! He kept giggling at the lyrics, and also at all the neat things the guitarist (forgive my ignorance - is it Viola or Schermerhorn or someone else on that track) was doing. hee hee... Kirsten -- [][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][] "And she said losing love is like a window in your heart Everybody sees you're blown apart..." - Paul Simon "Graceland" Kirsten Brodbeck AKA Crow kbrodbec@remcen.ehhs.cmich.edu ------------------------------ Message-Id: <1.5.4.32.19980623233109.0068c034@Cybnetonline.com> Date: Tue, 23 Jun 1998 18:31:09 -0500 From: "The Li'l Depressed Boy" Subject: Re: TMBG: you people aren't very talkative today >Theramin! Theramin! (They don't already have that do they?) I agree. Or a 303 (or clone). Or my fav'rit instrument, the electric Violin. LDB -- (this site cuts the amount of URL's I put in my Sig) My Web Page Index: http://www.cybnetonline.com/users/njack/ TMBG | D.U.M.B. NEWS | Mr. Gone Font -- Contemporary Cartoon Militia is (C) & TM 1998 S. Steven Struble and Kris W. M. Struble. The Li'l Depressed Boy, Phreeck, Spyder Hunt, and all related characters (C) & TM 1998 S. Steven Struble ------------------------------ Message-Id: Date: Tue, 23 Jun 98 19:50 EDT From: kbrodbec@remcen.ehhs.cmich.edu (Kirsten Brodbeck) Subject: Re: TMBG: you people aren't very talkative today >Here's a silly question: if you could get the Johns to add another >instrument to the band, what would it be? I'd go for the mighty cello. Kazoo. :) I could be the kazoo virtuoso (sp?)... ;) Personally, I'd like to hear some flute, but that's 'cause I'm a sucker for rock flute. hee hee.. I just got this picture of Ian Anderson sharing the same stage with the Johns... Kirsten -- [][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][] "And she said losing love is like a window in your heart Everybody sees you're blown apart..." - Paul Simon "Graceland" Kirsten Brodbeck AKA Crow kbrodbec@remcen.ehhs.cmich.edu ------------------------------ From: mike12da@cyberwaves.com (Mike Mcguire) Subject: Re: Re: TMBG: IFTS "Hidden Track" Date: Tue, 23 Jun 1998 23:50:01 GMT Message-Id: <898645801@cyberwaves.com> Organization: SYNERGY RESOURCES, INC. -> Received: from localhost (majordom@localhost) -> by ussenterprise.ufp.org (8.8.8/8.8.7) with SMTP id OAA23549; -> Tue, 23 Jun 1998 14:38:31 -0400 (EDT) -> Received: by ussenterprise.ufp.org (bulk_mailer v1.6); Tue, 23 Jun 1998 14:38:31 -0400 -> Received: (from majordom@localhost) -> by ussenterprise.ufp.org (8.8.8/8.8.7) id OAA23538 -> for tmbg-list-outgoing; Tue, 23 Jun 1998 14:38:30 -0400 (EDT) -> Received: from dmswebworks.com (simper.dmswebworks.com [208.153.182.15]) -> by ussenterprise.ufp.org (8.8.8/8.8.7) with ESMTP id OAA23526 -> for ; Tue, 23 Jun 1998 14:38:27 -0400 (EDT) -> Received: from [208.153.182.151] by dmswebworks.com with ESMTP (Eudora Internet -> Mail Server 2.0); Tue, 23 Jun 1998 13:37:37 -0500 -> X-Sender: ja0022@pop.drake.edu -> Message-Id: -> In-Reply-To: <7954e8ef.358ff2f0@aol.com> -> Mime-Version: 1.0 -> Content-Type: text/plain; charset="us-ascii" -> Date: Tue, 23 Jun 1998 13:37:39 -0600 -> To: KdsInThHal@aol.com, tmbg-list@tmbg.org -> From: The Pope -> Subject: Re: Re: TMBG: IFTS "Hidden Track" -> Sender: owner-tmbg-list@tmbg.org -> Reply-To: The Pope -> At 2:24 PM -0400 6/23/98, KdsInThHal@aol.com wrote: -> >In a message dated 6/23/98 12:20:33 PM, mike12da@cyberwaves.com wrote: -> > -> >>Actually, if you want to know my opinion, I don't think they used the -> >>same program that everyone is talking about. I know that there are -> >>several text to speech programs around, and they used one where you can -> >>change the tone and rhythm. This is obvious in the scat portion of the -> >>program. -> > -> >no.. i duplicated it fine on mine. i *think* the voice in the scat part ( -> >don't remember, i'd have to listen to it again) is "Bad News" (or "Good News") -> >where whatever it speaks is in a tune. -> > -> >sarah -> >http://lava.home.ml.org -> I definitely think they used SimpleText. I've also duplicated the hidden -> track just fine. Those tones and rhythms you talk about are just the -> different voices you can choose from, and how you punctuate your sentences. -> Ah the joys of SimpleText....mmmm...fred -> Jason "stop the insanity...oh wait you did already nevermind" Arnold -> http://jason.dmswebworks.com/jarnold/ -> ICQ: #4703178 No no no no no no no. I don't mean tones like male or female voice, I mean like notes when he sings the song. I will admit I have no experience with the program you are speaking of, but in order to duplicate it, you'd have to program in the pitch that the voice will speak in to get it to sing the songs the right way. Otherwise the whole thing would be the same note, like most speech programs. *Mike* ------------------------------ From: mike12da@cyberwaves.com (Mike Mcguire) Subject: TMBG: Other Music Date: Tue, 23 Jun 1998 23:59:49 GMT Message-Id: <898646389@cyberwaves.com> Organization: SYNERGY RESOURCES, INC. Does anyone else listen to Geggy Tah. Most of the people on the Geggy Tah list listen to TMBG. Just wanted to see. If you haven't heard of them, they're really cool. They aren't as funny as They, but they are very intelligent and creative musicians. *Mike* ------------------------------ Date: Tue, 23 Jun 1998 19:28:23 -0500 (CDT) From: Bill Tatalovich Subject: Re: TMBG: daily show--hbd / theremin / Planet of the Apes Message-ID: > has anyone else noticed a striking similarity between the daily show > theme and the intro to "hillbilly drummer girl"? almost sounds like > HDG looped the first few bars of the daily show theme. All right...time for me to show my obsession with another musician! I know this isn't really relevant to the above clip, but anyway....the Daily Show theme is actually written and performed by Bob Mould...formerly of Husker Du and Sugar (and has another solo album coming out in august!). The song's called "Dog on Fire"....odd thought here. I wonder if Flans used "Dog on Fire" as an inspiration for "Hillbilly Drummer Girl"? Ah...imagine.... > Theramin! Theramin! (They don't already have that do they?) To beat a dead horse, when I saw Pere Ubu open for TMBG a few years ago, Frank Thomas (lead singer) played a theremin on one song. I just stared at the stage, wondering what the hell kind of instrument that box with metal sticking out of it actually was. I have since come to embrace and love the music of the theremin. Yeah... One other thing....about the "Planet of the Apes" tracks set to be on Severe Tire Damage. Where did they record the tracks? Because I remember seeing them play "Escape..." (I think it was that one) when I saw them here in St. Louis last year. Are they going to use that track, or did they record them elsewhere? Just curious, if anyone knows... Bill Tatalovich wt3@cec.wustl.edu personnel@kwur.wustl.edu np: Wes Montgomery--best of (oooooo.....jazz guitar done right) ------------------------------ Message-Id: <9806240128.AA24975@willis.williams.edu> Date: Tue, 23 Jun 1998 21:34:37 +0100 From: beknowles@vaxsar.vassar.edu (Ben Knowles) Subject: TMBG: tmbg in the movies >Anyone have some more? i bet nobody knows about this one: there's a movie called "kicking and screaming" that's really good, has eric stoltz and one of them guys from "barcelona" and is about the horrors of graduating college and having nothing to do with your life (something with which i'm sure several of us are familiar). it's a comedy. uhh... anywaze, there's a dialogue scene in a dorm room where Ana Ng is playing in the room adjacent. you can barely hear it. i wouldn't have known except i saw a screening of it where the director gave a talk (he was a vassar alum), and i saw the song in the credits and asked him. whew. did that make sense? >For the record, I drink occasionally, but I smoke weed all the >damn time. After the Summer I will have graduated FSU cum laude. So >much for the ills of smoking. word. :) nub aka ben *%@%*=--=*%@%*=--=*%@%*=--=*%@%*=--=*%@%*=--=*%@%*=--=*%@%*=--=*%@%*=--=*%@%* | | | "Every jumbled pile of person Ben Knowles - Vassar College | | has a thinking part that wonders beknowles@vassar.edu | | what the part that isn't thinking Physics - Astronomy | | isn't thinking of." - TMBG Photography Editor, Misc. | | | *%@%*=--=*%@%*=--=*%@%*=--=*%@%*=--=*%@%*=--=*%@%*=--=*%@%*=--=*%@%*=--=*%@%* ------------------------------ From: HallOfEyes@aol.com Message-ID: <653a30fe.359058b0@aol.com> Date: Tue, 23 Jun 1998 21:38:55 EDT Subject: Re: TMBG: tmbg in the movies In a message dated 98-06-23 21:37:10 EDT, beknowles@vaxsar.vassar.edu writes: << i bet nobody knows about this one: there's a movie called "kicking and screaming" that's really good, has eric stoltz and one of them guys from "barcelona" and is about the horrors of graduating college and having nothing to do with your life (something with which i'm sure several of us are familiar). it's a comedy uhh... anywaze, there's a dialogue scene in a dorm room where Ana Ng is playing in the room adjacent. >> I knew about this, but I have always heard it was Don't Let's Start...I think tmbg.org says its DLS also... ------------------------------ Message-Id: <9806240148.AA23696@willis.williams.edu> Date: Tue, 23 Jun 1998 21:54:29 +0100 From: beknowles@vaxsar.vassar.edu (Ben Knowles) Subject: TMBG: tmbg: techno? as an avid techno fan, i would have to disagree with "fingertips" being made into a techno anthem. the "dance" versions of tmbg songs that i've heard have not really worked for dancing. actually, snail dust is pretty phat, but that's about it. i like the joshua fried mix of "the world's address" (not as much as the original) and the mix of I(NC), but they're still only working on that quirky tmbg level, and i wouldn't really want to dance to them. i think fingertips is fine just the way it is, and i think the johns had better start playing them live! that would be so awesome if they'd throw a few in here and there. it wouldn't even take very much of their time... and it would make it seem like a longer show! ...or something. and by the way, most good techno these days has left behind the gimick of the one endlessly-repeating phrase. sometimes it still works okay, i suppose. but groups like daft punk ("around the world around the wor-ld, around the world around the wor-ld...") are largely considered to be crap by the techno community. on a different subject, has anyone ever had any kind of profound (or pseudo-profound) metaphysical ephiphany having to do with a tmbg lyric? just curious. my recent one had to do with the quote in my sig... visualize using your turn signal, nub aka ben *%@%*=--=*%@%*=--=*%@%*=--=*%@%*=--=*%@%*=--=*%@%*=--=*%@%*=--=*%@%*=--=*%@%* | | | "Every jumbled pile of person Ben Knowles - Vassar College | | has a thinking part that wonders beknowles@vassar.edu | | what the part that isn't thinking Physics - Astronomy | | isn't thinking of." - TMBG Photography Editor, Misc. | | | *%@%*=--=*%@%*=--=*%@%*=--=*%@%*=--=*%@%*=--=*%@%*=--=*%@%*=--=*%@%*=--=*%@%* ------------------------------ Message-ID: <35905BC3.E24DA8FF@home.com> Date: Tue, 23 Jun 1998 18:52:06 -0700 From: NICHOLAS JANSSEN Organization: @Home Network Subject: Re: TMBG: South Park Theme - What Kenny Says I herd that Kenny is supposed to be saying in the theme "I like girls with big vaginas! I like girls with big vaginas!" listen to it I swear that is what he says. Nicholas the famous Uncle Squid wrote: > > At 13:26 23/06/98 -0700, you wrote: > > > >I'm re-hashing this because I never got a good answer from anyone if they > >agreed or not. On Flood, in the song "Lucky Ball and Chain" part of the > >song sounds JUST LIKE the South Park theme. I'm just looking for someone > >to agree or disagree with this statement. It's in that song between 1:00 > >and 1:15. > > > > -The Yar > > > > > At first I was being my usual rubbish self and being all like "what the > fuck!?" but I now see what you mean. It sounds like Kenny's muffled singing > innit! Well, that's all I have to say about that. > > --USQ > > ~THE ELLESLEYS~ > (of Colchester-Essex-UK) > > Home Page: > Http://www.keme.co.uk/~thelimes/trendsetting.html > TMBG page: > Http://members.xoom.com/uncle_squid/Xoom/ > > <><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><> > > "I keep seeing these red > things... spaceships!" > > --My mate Pete Heddle > > <><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><> ------------------------------ Message-ID: <19980624015211.384.qmail@hotmail.com> From: "Josh Buckland" Subject: TMBG: TMBG in TV Date: Tue, 23 Jun 1998 18:52:10 PDT Here's a test of your fan knowledge. Does any one know which cartoon show from Warner Bros. has played Istanbul and Particle Man in their entirety, only to make up an alternitave music video involving the charactors from the cartoon??? Tiny Toon Adventures. Josh Buckland dilbert_2000@hotmail.com "He wants to knock your house down... And he can't, because you're lying in the way of his bulldozer... I think we can come to some arrangement." --Ford Prefect, "Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy" ______________________________________________________ Get Your Private, Free Email at http://www.hotmail.com ------------------------------ Message-ID: <19980624015512.21032.qmail@hotmail.com> From: "Josh Buckland" Subject: Re: TMBG: tmbg: techno? Date: Tue, 23 Jun 1998 18:55:11 PDT >i like the joshua fried mix of "the world's address" (not as much as the >original) See, people, that was my whole point!!!!!!!! Josh Buckland dilbert_2000@hotmail.com "He wants to knock your house down... And he can't, because you're lying in the way of his bulldozer... I think we can come to some arrangement." --Ford Prefect, "Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy" ______________________________________________________ Get Your Private, Free Email at http://www.hotmail.com ------------------------------ From: HallOfEyes@aol.com Message-ID: Date: Tue, 23 Jun 1998 22:00:59 EDT Subject: Re: TMBG: tmbg: techno? In a message dated 98-06-23 21:57:10 EDT, dilbert_2000@hotmail.com writes: << >i like the joshua fried mix of "the world's address" (not as much as the >original) See, people, that was my whole point!!!!!!!! >> woh woh woh...then why didn't you JUST say that? What you did say is that Joshua Fried is a bastard, and that he destroyed the song. Personally, I enjoy the remix, mostly due to the fact that their is new things from Linnell ("Someone in a club tonight has stolen my ideas" "feel free to raise your hand at any moment" "Meta-culture references" (I think he says that anyway) ). And "Paging Mr.Saxaphone" kinda sounds like Flans...ANYWAY, I like it because a good essense of the song still remains, with some cute little new things from the Johns. Jordan ------------------------------ Message-ID: <359089D8.FAC@fuse.net> Date: Tue, 23 Jun 1998 22:08:40 -0700 From: jays your one-paged dictionary Organization: dial-a-song! 718-287-6962, narrrrrrrrr! Subject: non-tmbg: Re: TMBG: TMBG in TV Josh Buckland wrote: > > Here's a test of your fan knowledge. Does any one know which cartoon > show from Warner Bros. has played Istanbul and Particle Man in their > entirety, only to make up an alternitave music video involving the > charactors from the cartoon??? Tiny Toon Adventures. > oh, god. oh, god. no no no no no no no no no .. please, god! you promised!!! i don't want to kill myself! -- jayhc--always accurate, constant, and intense. e-mail: sirjamez@fuse.net, phonebook@tmbg.org aol im: SaturnChrd, PhoneBookJ irc: PhoneBook "and sadly the cross-eyed bear's been put to sleep behind the stairs, and his shoes are laced with irony." --tmbg "Hey, some people take drugs and some people like to have sex all day, I like to watch my bees as I make music, so what." --steve vai -- ------------------------------ Message-ID: <19980624021127.24300.qmail@hotmail.com> From: "Josh Buckland" Subject: Re: non-tmbg: Re: TMBG: TMBG in TV Date: Tue, 23 Jun 1998 19:11:26 PDT >Reply-To: jays your one-paged dictionary >oh, god. oh, god. no no no no no no no no no .. please, god! you >promised!!! i don't want to kill myself! > What the hell did that have to do with ANYTHING I said?????? Josh Buckland dilbert_2000@hotmail.com "He wants to knock your house down... And he can't, because you're lying in the way of his bulldozer... I think we can come to some arrangement." --Ford Prefect, "Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy" ______________________________________________________ Get Your Private, Free Email at http://www.hotmail.com ------------------------------ Date: Tue, 23 Jun 1998 22:15:19 -0400 Subject: TMBG: TMBG-most beautiful people Message-ID: <19980623.221520.11438.1.erda@juno.com> From: erda@juno.com (g loworm) did anyone else happen to see the article in the NY times written by john linnel about the fact that he was a write in for most beautyful people? _____________________________________________________________________ You don't need to buy Internet access to use free Internet e-mail. Get completely free e-mail from Juno at http://www.juno.com Or call Juno at (800) 654-JUNO [654-5866] ------------------------------ From: Monotreme3@aol.com Message-ID: <46548fd.35906448@aol.com> Date: Tue, 23 Jun 1998 22:28:15 EDT Subject: Re: NON-TMBG: Postmodernism, Art, and Puff Daddy In a message dated 6/23/98 1:38:41 AM Eastern Daylight Time, kbrodbec@remcen.ehhs.cmich.edu writes: > ("Conform, go mad, or become an artist!") Why not all three? ------------------------------ From: Monotreme3@aol.com Message-ID: Date: Tue, 23 Jun 1998 22:35:18 EDT Subject: Re: NON-TMBG: Postmodernism, Art and Puff Daddy In a message dated 6/23/98 3:50:07 AM Eastern Daylight Time, nickis@home.com writes: > To figure out if Puff Daddy or any other suspected art is art, me must first > define the word art. Once we have agreed on the premises (the definition), > then we can pass judgment on the conclusion (Puff Daddy is art) I'm replying to this post before I go on to read the other 80 that are waiting for me. I have no doubt that many of them will be on this subject... but what do I know? I could be wrong. But, one thing I'm not wrong on is that not everyone will ever agree on all the terms that must be met to make something art. Some aspects of what they believe art is may overlap, but the final definition will only be agreed on by certain *groups* of people. Therefore, how could only one group be right? Compromise on the subject is almost always impossible. So, the most logical definition (once again *in my opinion*) would be that the artist decides. Or that I decide. Like, just me. But since I won't be around forever, and I wasn't here before, we'd better leave it up to the artists. -Carey ------------------------------ Date: Tue, 23 Jun 1998 21:56:36 -0500 (CDT) From: The Weirdo in Residence Subject: Re: Re: TMBG: IFTS "Hidden Track" Message-id: >No no no no no no no. I don't mean tones like male or female voice, I >mean like notes when he sings the song. I will admit I have no >experience with the program you are speaking of, but in order to >duplicate it, you'd have to program in the pitch that the voice will >speak in to get it to sing the songs the right way. Otherwise the whole >thing would be the same note, like most speech programs. > >*Mike* Actually, I believe that Jason is actually right this time.... :) The part I believe you are talking about is the part near the end where the voice is doing the "scat". If you listen carefully, it sounds like a funeral march. If I may: "If you play around with your PlainTalk's voices much, you'll discover that four of them are musically inclined! The voices called Bad News, Good News, Pipe Organ and Cellos each sing whatever you type--to familar melodies. Bad News is a funeral march (actually a Chopin prelude)...." -_Mac & Power Mac Secrets, 3rd. Edition. David Pogue and Joseph Schorr, page 700. If you want a sample of the voice, go to: http://www.speech.apple.com/ptk/voices.html Scroll down to MacInTalk3 and look for Bad News. 'Kay. Enough of that. In other news: At 21:54 +0100 6/23/98, Ben Knowles wrote: >on a different subject, has anyone ever had any kind of profound (or >pseudo-profound) metaphysical ephiphany having to do with a tmbg lyric? >just curious. my recent one had to do with the quote in my sig... > >visualize using your turn signal, >nub aka ben > >*%@%*=--=*%@%*=--=*%@%*=--=*%@%*=--=*%@%*=--=*%@%*=--=*%@%*=--=*%@%*=--=*%@%* >| | >| "Every jumbled pile of person Ben Knowles - Vassar College | >| has a thinking part that wonders beknowles@vassar.edu | >| what the part that isn't thinking Physics - Astronomy | >| isn't thinking of." - TMBG Photography Editor, Misc. | >| | >*%@%*=--=*%@%*=--=*%@%*=--=*%@%*=--=*%@%*=--=*%@%*=--=*%@%*=--=*%@%*=--=*%@%* Actually, that song has been going through my head for the past week or so, ever since I saw it in your sig. Except I mess it up so that it is "...the part that isn't thinking isn't thinking isn't thinking of." About as bad as when I keep messing up _We Want a Rock_: "Everybody wants a string to rock a wind around".... * ---------------------------------------------------------------------- # A Deranged Mind Crafting the Finest in Ideas since 1978 # # The Left Honourable D.r. Thomas L. Kula, GmPL, GON, OFM, OFB # # The Louis P. Weatherbacker Weirdo in Residence # # "Weird Gratia Weirdus" # # tk0003@acad.drake.edu | http://207.28.190.101/~tkula/ | 137 # * ---------------------------------------------------------------------- ------------------------------ Subject: non-TMBG: IFTS Postcard Message-ID: <19980623.232212.8991.0.captainmarvel2@juno.com> From: captainmarvel2@juno.com (Derek A Klein) Date: Tue, 23 Jun 1998 23:23:08 EDT Somebody said that they got an It's Fun To Steal postcard. Did anyone else get this? And does it come when you place an order, or is it just sent out to everyone like the Unsupervised postcard? Thanks. Derek "Egad, a base tone denotes a bad age" _____________________________________________________________________ You don't need to buy Internet access to use free Internet e-mail. Get completely free e-mail from Juno at http://www.juno.com Or call Juno at (800) 654-JUNO [654-5866] ------------------------------ Message-Id: <3.0.5.32.19980623225334.008406b0@email.psu.edu> Date: Tue, 23 Jun 1998 22:53:34 -0400 From: "J. L. Moquin" Subject: Re: TMBG: tmbg in the movies Ben Knowles wrote: >>Anyone have some more? > >i bet nobody knows about this one: there's a movie called "kicking and >screaming" that's really good, has eric stoltz and one of them guys from >"barcelona" and is about the horrors of graduating college and having >nothing to do with your life (something with which i'm sure several of us >are familiar). it's a comedy. > >uhh... anywaze, there's a dialogue scene in a dorm room where Ana Ng is >playing in the room adjacent. you can barely hear it. i wouldn't have known >except i saw a screening of it where the director gave a talk (he was a >vassar alum), and i saw the song in the credits and asked him. ohhh, I knew that but I couldn't remember the name of the film!! My husband stayed up late one night after I was in bed and watched that movie on Encore, then he told me the next day about that scene, and he made me watch it the next time it was on, just to hear Ana Ng and agree with him that it's there. :) -jennifer, mommy to alice the bean, 8/15/97 http://www.emprl.psu.edu/~anth/ mailto:jls5@psu.edu "My motto, as I live and learn, Is dig and be dug in return" -- Langston Hughes ------------------------------ From: Monotreme3@aol.com Message-ID: <8b6df200.359073e4@aol.com> Date: Tue, 23 Jun 1998 23:34:59 EDT Subject: Re: NON!-TMBG: South Park Theme - What Kenny Says In a message dated 6/23/98 9:55:58 PM Eastern Daylight Time, nickis@home.com writes: > I herd that Kenny is supposed to be saying in the theme "I like girls with > big vaginas! I like girls with big vaginas!" listen to it I swear that is > what > he says. I've heard something similar. But I'm pretty sure he says "I like girls with big fat titties!" first. And then the vaginas part. Hm... but I've forsaken South Park (kind of). It's just not funny anymore. And some people will agree with me, and others will say "what are you talking about? It's hilarious!" and still others will say it never was funny. Either way, I don't really like it any more. Dr. Katz, though... now *that's* comedy! -Carey "...I'll repeat it for those who may not have already guessed." ------------------------------ From: KdsInThHal@aol.com Message-ID: <4ae46a62.35907db1@aol.com> Date: Wed, 24 Jun 1998 00:16:48 EDT Subject: Re: TMBG: A missing listee In a message dated 6/23/98 6:44:35 PM, squid@thelimes.keme.co.uk wrote: >Has anyone heard from Sullenmoon over the last few days? She said she was >going away for like the weekend and now it's Tuesday. umm.. maybe it's just me, but i haven't seen anyone with that nick' post here... recently, if ever (that I can remember)... i do know of one 'sullenmoon' but she's not the one on the picture page that i assume you're talking about. ...sorry! :} sarah ------------------------------ From: KdsInThHal@aol.com Message-ID: <95bc4ef.3590836d@aol.com> Date: Wed, 24 Jun 1998 00:41:16 EDT Subject: Re: TMBG: Other Music In a message dated 6/23/98 8:03:15 PM, mike12da@cyberwaves.com wrote: >Does anyone else listen to Geggy Tah. Most of the people on the Geggy >Tah list listen to TMBG. Just wanted to see. If you haven't heard of >them, they're really cool. They aren't as funny as They, but they are >very intelligent and creative musicians. >*Mike* YES! :D yesyesyes! as a matter of fact, I just pulled out my GT cd's this afternoon after having not really listened to them in a while... they're so great... :) I love to put "Bomb Fishin" as filler on people's tapes.. ;) "there's nothing like wakin' up early in the mornin'.. before the sun rises like a bomb ex-plo-din.." sarah ------------------------------ From: KdsInThHal@aol.com Message-ID: <7841b0c.359084ec@aol.com> Date: Wed, 24 Jun 1998 00:47:37 EDT Subject: Re: Re: TMBG: daily show--hbd / theremin / Planet of the Apes In a message dated 6/23/98 8:30:00 PM, wt3@cec.wustl.edu wrote: > >> has anyone else noticed a striking similarity between the daily show >> theme and the intro to "hillbilly drummer girl"? almost sounds like >> HDG looped the first few bars of the daily show theme. > what the hell..? i never got the original message of this... but - yes! I have! i always have the theme (dog on fire) in my head.. do dodo dodo do do do.. DO dodo.. :) one day in particular, i did notice the similarities to that and HDG, but i can't believe i didn't post it to the list, huh. >The song's called "Dog on Fire"....odd thought here. I wonder if Flans >used "Dog on Fire" as an inspiration for "Hillbilly Drummer Girl"? >Ah...imagine.... is this on an album of his? i looked a couple times while i was cd shopping but didn't find it.. sarah~ ------------------------------ From: tmbgirl@juno.com Date: Tue, 23 Jun 1998 23:12:49 -0600 Subject: Re: TMBG: newbies Message-ID: <19980623.231252.16310.0.TMBgirl@juno.com> >did anyone else happen to see the article in the NY times written by >john linnel about the fact that he was a write in for most beautyful >people? see comment to newbies below... >What the hell did that have to do with ANYTHING I said?????? dear newbies... please think PRIOR to sending worthless crap that everyone knows about to the list... another fun thing is to try to send fewer than like 33 messages a day... you reeeally don't need to reply to EVERY funking message that people send to the list. take it easy, JOrdaN http://www2.netcom.com/~arnot/joda/bootlegs.html " So yeah...keep on advertising your site. It gives me stuff to do when I'm really bored" _____________________________________________________________________ You don't need to buy Internet access to use free Internet e-mail. Get completely free e-mail from Juno at http://www.juno.com Or call Juno at (800) 654-JUNO [654-5866] ------------------------------ Date: Wed, 24 Jun 1998 01:09:43 -0400 Subject: NON-TMBG: What Kenny Says Message-ID: <19980624.012532.3446.0.jbparke@juno.com> From: jbparke@juno.com (Jeff Parker) For anyone out there who is a South Park fan, you should check out: http://mrhat.simplenet.com/ Great site with lots of cool stuff AND a complete listing of what Kenny is really saying!!! Check it out... check it totally out! That's it... v^v Jeffro v^v "Now that's what I call a sticky situation!!!" _____________________________________________________________________ You don't need to buy Internet access to use free Internet e-mail. Get completely free e-mail from Juno at http://www.juno.com Or call Juno at (800) 654-JUNO [654-5866] ------------------------------ Message-Id: Date: Wed, 24 Jun 98 01:20 EDT From: kbrodbec@remcen.ehhs.cmich.edu (Kirsten Brodbeck) Subject: Re: TMBG: newbies > >>did anyone else happen to see the article in the NY times written by >>john linnel about the fact that he was a write in for most beautyful >>people? > >see comment to newbies below... Oh, c'mon.. Maybe they didn't know that we'd seen the article? It's not as though this person was saying, "Hey, did you know that both the guys in TMBG are named John?" or even, "Hey, there's a hidden track on Factory Showroom!" I mean, the whole write-in thing isn't in the FAQ or anything... But you guys, the new ones, please read the Frequently Asked Questions list. It's on the unofficial site: www.tmbg.org. I usually try to intercept new people and let them know, but some of you slipped past me... The FAQ's got all kinds of cool stuff, and it'll make you look a lot less stupid.. and besides, I'm mentioned in it. :) love and fuzzy ducks- Kirsten -- [][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][] "And she said losing love is like a window in your heart Everybody sees you're blown apart..." - Paul Simon "Graceland" Kirsten Brodbeck AKA Crow kbrodbec@remcen.ehhs.cmich.edu ------------------------------ Date: Wed, 24 Jun 1998 01:25:33 -0400 Subject: Re: TMBG: newbies Message-ID: <19980624.012533.5198.0.erda@juno.com> From: erda@juno.com (g loworm) i posted about the article that was the first time i have posted in a while. i'm not a newbie ive been here for 2 yrs. maybe i missed it cause i had problems with my e-mail. i'm not the one writting33 messages a day. you dont have to be such a bitch about it > >see comment to newbies below... > >>What the hell did that have to do with ANYTHING I said?????? > >dear newbies... please think PRIOR to sending worthless crap that >everyone knows about to the list... >another fun thing is to try to send fewer than like 33 messages a >day... you reeeally don't need to reply to EVERY funking message that >people send to the list. > >take it easy, JOrdaN >http://www2.netcom.com/~arnot/joda/bootlegs.html >" So yeah...keep on advertising your site. It gives me >stuff to do when I'm really bored" >_____________________________________________________________________ >You don't need to buy Internet access to use free Internet e-mail. Get >completely free e-mail from Juno at http://www.juno.com Or call Juno >at (800) 654-JUNO [654-5866] ------------------------------ Message-Id: <199806240630.BAA08355@dfw-ix10.ix.netcom.com> Subject: TMBG: Re: TMBG message in Harry the Handsome Executive Date: Wed, 24 Jun 98 02:29:37 -0400 From: Ben Spees >hey! :) i remember someone mentioning this before, can you tell me *what* you >press to see "Someone keeps moving my chair" in HtHE? I used to have this >game >but my trial period ran out;) ...i got another copy today, and pressed all >the >keys but the damn message never came up. if ya can help me, *thanks*. :) > >sarah To see the silly little easter egg/tribute, just press 'X' at the main menu. -Ben (author of the game who has fortunately not been sued by John & John yet.) -- Ben Spees Mixed Metaphor Software/Ambrosia Software Harry Kicks! http://www.handsomeharry.com ------------------------------ Message-ID: <3590CD34.16AE02EE@home.com> Date: Wed, 24 Jun 1998 02:56:08 -0700 From: NICHOLAS JANSSEN Organization: @Home Network Subject: TMBG: Re:\South Park/Dr. Katz/Conan O'Brien I totally agree. It can have it's moments but on the whole I would say it's boring. I love Dr. Katz. My Dad and I watch it together when I come home for my lunch break. For me that is half The fun! The other day I caught the tale end of a Dr. Katz with Conan O'Brien as a patient (as if I have to ask but) was It funny. The Conan O'Brien Show is Fucking Great. I think that Andy Richter is even funnier then Conan but they half to get rid of Max "Hay guys, can I be In the show? Please!!!! Please!!!!! Please!!!!!!" Weinberg. Someone should slap that bitch to get him from smiling that stupid grin all of the time when he drums. What do you think of Conan O'Brien? Nicholas Monotreme3@aol.com wrote: It's just not funny anymore. And some people will agree > with me, and others will say "what are you talking about? It's hilarious!" and > still others will say it never was funny. Either way, I don't really like it > any more. Dr. Katz, though... now *that's* comedy! ------------------------------ From: ArwenAnaNg@aol.com Message-ID: Date: Wed, 24 Jun 1998 08:08:47 EDT Subject: TMBG: Fan Geography City: Safety Harbor State: Florida Zip: 34695 Arwen "generally lurking" AnaNg ------------------------------ Message-Id: <199806241402.JAA14763@cs.utexas.edu> Date: Wed, 24 Jun 1998 09:02:59 -0500 From: ska-ti-da Subject: TMBG: std blurb sonicnet's music news of the world has a quick little thing about severe tire damage in it today... pretty much just has the track listing, but it's good to see them being mentioned.... you can find it at http://rl.sonicnet.com/news/scans.jhtml rabidchild paul swan ------------------------------ Message-Id: <9806241454.AA23048@willis.williams.edu> Date: Wed, 24 Jun 1998 11:00:35 +0100 From: beknowles@vaxsar.vassar.edu (Ben Knowles) Subject: TMBG: non-tmbg: pomo and petname postmodernism is not simply a kind of art. it's a descriptive idea. tmbg's musics is postmodern in that it is self-referential, ie. it takes bits and pieces of every genre of music that's ever been created and self-consciously recycles it into a new form. likewise, any music that uses samples is postmodern to some extent. okay, so i'm not an expert on this. the idea of postmodernism is cool, but the way in which people use the term (as a tool for their pseudo-intellectual egos) is annoying. anyway, that's all the pseudo-intellectualism i can muster for today. hmmm... pet name. well, i'll try not to offend anyone too badly (i mean, you asked). i don't like the song. i think it's slow and boring and the fact that flansy's voice is ever-so-slightly off-key just annoys me to death. and i would never rate a tmbg song on the quality of the lyrics. i don't listen to them - i think they're largely irrelevent. they're icing on the cake. melody is what i'm interested in, and pet name just doesn't do it for me. i much prefer the linnel stuff from factory showroom: til my head falls off, spiralling shape, the bells are ringing... late for work, nub aka ben *%@%*=--=*%@%*=--=*%@%*=--=*%@%*=--=*%@%*=--=*%@%*=--=*%@%*=--=*%@%*=--=*%@%* | | | "Every jumbled pile of person Ben Knowles - Vassar College | | has a thinking part that wonders beknowles@vassar.edu | | what the part that isn't thinking Physics - Astronomy | | isn't thinking of." - TMBG Photography Editor, Misc. | | | *%@%*=--=*%@%*=--=*%@%*=--=*%@%*=--=*%@%*=--=*%@%*=--=*%@%*=--=*%@%*=--=*%@%* ------------------------------ Message-ID: <3591230B.85317B8A@netsense.net> Date: Wed, 24 Jun 1998 12:02:20 -0400 From: Kathy Hardiman Subject: TMBG: missing persons hi! i'm new to the list! some back ground.....i'm Alternative music director for 90.7 WXIN FM, which is at Rhode Island College (probably the only place with mono-puff in heavy rotation!). anyway....i'm looking for a fellow fan that i met at two shows. the first time was at Lupo's in providence in october 1997. the second time was at the Avalon in Boston this year. You were with a girl that was involved in radio, i was with my boyfriend (with really short black hair... you offered him a smoke). you were wearing a bootleg john henry tour t-shirt signed by everyone, and were talking about getting linnell's autograph on a ticket stub. i have puffy black hair and glasses. i'm just wondering if you're out there....and if you are, write. its weird since i got in touch with a fan i met at a Clarke U show, and he's become my #1 source for info.....so i decided to try again....i don't know. hating these lists 'cause i never can organize my toughts....----kathy. ------------------------------ Message-ID: <19980624163238.11554.qmail@hotmail.com> From: "Josh Buckland" Subject: TMBG: Non-TMBG Date: Wed, 24 Jun 1998 09:32:37 PDT It's my birthday! It's today!!! It's my birthday, so, come on, lunge out at me!!!!!! Woo-hoo, It's June 24!!! Y'know, I feel the same. I'm not really that excited. It's depressing, really. No one has given me anything yet. Josh Buckland dilbert_2000@hotmail.com "He wants to knock your house down... And he can't, because you're lying in the way of his bulldozer... I think we can come to some arrangement." --Ford Prefect, "Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy" ______________________________________________________ Get Your Private, Free Email at http://www.hotmail.com ------------------------------ Message-Id: Date: Wed, 24 Jun 1998 11:42:16 -0500 From: Mitchell Harding Subject: TMBG: daily show--hbd >> has anyone else noticed a striking similarity between the daily show >> theme and the intro to "hillbilly drummer girl"? almost sounds like >> HDG looped the first few bars of the daily show theme. > >All right...time for me to show my obsession with another musician! I >know this isn't really relevant to the above clip, but anyway....the Daily >Show theme is actually written and performed by Bob Mould...formerly of >Husker Du and Sugar (and has another solo album coming out in august!). >The song's called "Dog on Fire"....odd thought here. I wonder if Flans >used "Dog on Fire" as an inspiration for "Hillbilly Drummer Girl"? >Ah...imagine.... I suspect not, since it is a cover. It was originally by the Young Fresh Fellows, I believe. Harf, Mitcharf ------------------------------ Message-Id: <199806241644.MAA02297@ussenterprise.ufp.org> Date: Wed, 24 Jun 1998 11:44:58 -0500 From: Mitchell Harding Subject: Re: TMBG: TMBG-most beautiful people At 10:15 PM 6/23/98 -0400, you wrote: >did anyone else happen to see the article in the NY times written by john >linnel about the fact that he was a write in for most beautyful people? It was posted to the list, so yes. Mitcharf ------------------------------ Date: Wed, 24 Jun 1998 12:46:54 -0400 From: Destin Berthelot Subject: Re: TMBG: Mono Puff on the radio Message-id: <35912D7E.3DC@rollins.edu> Organization: Rollins College Actually, I'm the web director and a DJ at WPRK 91.5 FM in Winter Park, FL, and Mono Puff is #2 on our top 19 for this week. Beat that! Heh... actually, Double Dong is #8, oddly enough. Check out the full list if you want: http://www.rollins.edu/wprk/ Kathy Hardiman wrote: > > hi! i'm new to the list! some back ground.....i'm Alternative music director for 90.7 WXIN FM, which is at Rhode Island College > (probably the only place with mono-puff in heavy rotation!). -- ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ Destin Berthelot | "All persons, http://fox.rollins.edu/~dberthelot/ | living or dead, | are purely They Might Be Giants Visual Discography: | coincidental." http://members.xoom.com/theymightbe/ | -Kurt Vonnegut ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ ------------------------------ Message-ID: <35913A6B.2BC0@rica.net> Date: Wed, 24 Jun 1998 13:42:03 -0400 From: Joey Groah Subject: Re: non-TMBG: IFTS Postcard > > Somebody said that they got an It's Fun To Steal postcard. Did anyone > else get this? And does it come when you place an order, or is it just > sent out to everyone like the Unsupervised postcard? Thanks. > > Derek I haven't ordered anything since last year and got one. I'm guessing it's the same deal as Unsupervised. Anybody going to Hero Con in North Carolina? Joey, hopes to get a loan from Mark"$250,000 a year" Waid ------------------------------ From: gray42@juno.com Date: Wed, 24 Jun 1998 13:36:28 -0400 Subject: TMBG: Re: \South Park/Dr. Katz/Conan O'Brien Message-ID: <19980624.133648.3302.0.gray42@juno.com> Conan O' Brian kicks Ass! Conan is King, I used to watch Letterman/Conan all the time, but my PC addiction has stoped him coming into my house. I used to try to combine both, but I realized it was futile. But I still watch Conan (sorry Letterman) Hearing that Conan was on Dr. Katz makes me wish I had cable again. I miss Dr. Katz, the old episodes of SNL, any chance of seeing a TMBG vidio, MST3K, Saturday Morning Anime (I'm glad I taped Robot Carnival when I had the chance.) but at the same time, I have much more of a life than I used to have, except for my PC addiction. As for Andy and Maxx, (ha, I'm SO good at getting off subject) they kick ass too, I have no qualms w/ Mr. Weinburg, he reminds me of my good friend Gabe, who is always making goofy faces when he drums. And what about that Ostrich, very disturbing (what's the word? It's a kind of puppet [not marionette]) Anyway Blah Blah Blah Bye Mysterio Gal (What will U Do 4 X-Day?) "ME NO LIKE HAMBURGER, ME WANT PEANUTBUTTER, ACTUALLY ME HATE PEANUTBUTTER TOO! ME JUST WANT HAIR!" -- Claire Monster (fully equipped with extremely loud keyboard and monster voice) ICQ# 9585405 MST3K#88182 gray42@juno.com http://www.geocities.com/SoHo/Coffeehouse/4871 The Official Project Omicrom website: www.geocities.com/SoHo/Square/9007 _____________________________________________________________________ You don't need to buy Internet access to use free Internet e-mail. Get completely free e-mail from Juno at http://www.juno.com Or call Juno at (800) 654-JUNO [654-5866] ------------------------------ From: tmbgirl@juno.com Date: Wed, 24 Jun 1998 11:27:23 -0600 Subject: Re: TMBG: Non-TMBG Message-ID: <19980624.120256.11150.1.TMBgirl@juno.com> i would just like to prove my point about the newbies right here... >It's my birthday! It's today!!! It's my birthday, so, come on, lunge >out >at me!!!!!! Woo-hoo, It's June 24!!! > >Y'know, I feel the same. I'm not really that excited. It's depressing, > >really. No one has given me anything yet. somehow i've got Moxy fruvous's "kick in the ass" running through my head right now... take it easy, JOrdaN http://www2.netcom.com/~arnot/joda/bootlegs.html " So yeah...keep on advertising your site. It gives me stuff to do when I'm really bored" _____________________________________________________________________ You don't need to buy Internet access to use free Internet e-mail. Get completely free e-mail from Juno at http://www.juno.com Or call Juno at (800) 654-JUNO [654-5866] ------------------------------ From: DrWormX@aol.com Message-ID: <38405d61.359140ff@aol.com> Date: Wed, 24 Jun 1998 14:10:05 EDT Subject: NON-TMBG:Dilbert2000 and this list (no hard feelings) okay...Dilbert 2000. I thought maybe since you were really a newbie like last week, I would resist ragging on you. But now the time has come. I want to know what your deal is. You've posted about everything with really obvious, and stupid responces. Plus, you've brought up topics that were totally pointless, and that make you look like an idiot, E.G. we all knew tmbg was on tiny toons, and you looked really dumb for posting that, and trying to look smart. Okay is it that you're really young? Or maybe you're really Leffel in discuise, making a big joke out of posing as a newbie? Or maybe you're the kind of person who just talks way too much? Or maybe you're just dumb? I've noticed that you've avoided anwering these questions over the last week or two, and now I'd like a valid responce. If you decide to ignore me, just take my advise which is: unless you have something slightly valid to post, DON'T POST. I'm almost sure that everyone (or at least nearly everyone) agrees with my opinions, and feels the same way. Matt --fed up You're really alive when you wish you were dead. And there isn't a god, or a heaven or hell, life's a little old apple and a William Tell ------------------------------ From: DrWormX@aol.com Message-ID: <78b7d5fb.3591417e@aol.com> Date: Wed, 24 Jun 1998 14:11:47 EDT Subject: Re: TMBG: Non-TMBG shut up, nobody cares. Matt -- just blew his lid, and is probably about to start recieving mail telling him to leave this poor kid (or moron) alone You're really alive when you wish you were dead. And there isn't a god, or a heaven or hell, life's a little old apple and a William Tell ------------------------------ From: DrWormX@aol.com Message-ID: <1818e21.35914203@aol.com> Date: Wed, 24 Jun 1998 14:14:26 EDT Subject: TMBG: Re:non-tmbg: South Park Theme - What Kenny Says that is not true, he actually says: "Our town is the best town dammit, down to the last piece of granite" Don't argue with me, I know... Matt- wow, my third pointless post in five minutes... You're really alive when you wish you were dead. And there isn't a god, or a heaven or hell, life's a little old apple and a William Tell ------------------------------ From: DrWormX@aol.com Message-ID: <1692391f.359142cb@aol.com> Date: Wed, 24 Jun 1998 14:17:46 EDT Subject: Re: TMBG: TMBG-most beautiful people thanks to you-know who... Matt-- #4, I think I'll settle down now You're really alive when you wish you were dead. And there isn't a god, or a heaven or hell, life's a little old apple and a William Tell ------------------------------ From: KdsInThHal@aol.com Message-ID: <649a2988.35914897@aol.com> Date: Wed, 24 Jun 1998 14:42:30 EDT Subject: Re: TMBG: Re:\South Park/Dr. Katz/Conan O'Brien In a message dated 6/24/98 5:55:23 AM, nickis@home.home.com wrote: >I totally agree. It can have it's moments but on the whole I would say it's >boring. I love Dr. Katz. My Dad and I watch it together when I come home for >my lunch break. For me that is half The fun! The other day I caught the tale >end of a Dr. Katz with Conan O'Brien as a patient (as if I have to ask but) >was It funny. > I love dr. katz. I only wish they'd keep cranking out new episodes.. I know almost all of them by heart now.. >The Conan O'Brien Show is Fucking Great. herehere! :) it's one of my very favourite shows. (benefit of being an insomniac;)) >I think that Andy Richter is even >funnier then Conan I love andy. he's my favourite on the show. I wrote to him for his autograph and got it really quickly. :) >but they half to get rid of Max "Hay guys, can I be In the >show? Please!!!! Please!!!!! Please!!!!!!" Weinberg. Someone should slap that >bitch to get him from smiling that stupid grin all of the time when he drums. > awww... don't be mean to max! sure he's annoying and creepy, but in a good way. sarah -> who got a mono puff postcard today!! yay!! http://lava.home.ml.org ------------------------------ End of tmbg-list Digest #7-26 *****************************