Errors-To: owner-tmbg-digest@tmbg.org Reply-To: tmbg-digest@tmbg.org Sender: owner-tmbg-digest@tmbg.org Precedence: bulk From: owner-tmbg-digest@tmbg.org To: tmbg-digest@tmbg.org Subject: tmbg-list Digest #7-28 tmbg-list Digest, Volume 7, Number 28 Sunday, 28 June 1998 Today's Topics: Re: TMBG: Resident Evil/Dead Alive NONTMBG: testing my mail Re: NON-TMBG: What Kenny Says Re: TMBG: Re:non-tmbg: South Park Theme - What Kenny Says Re: TMBG:lotsa good shtuff Re: NON-TMBG: Harry The Handsome Executive Re: TMBG: Joshua Fried rantings -Reply TMBG: Newbie (none) TMBG: Re: Re: TMBG: Re: Re: TMBG: The Man Re: TMBG: IFTS postccard TMBG:GEOGRAPHY TMBG: non-tmbg: dilbert (sorry for dwelling on this so much) Non-TMBG: Conan and Musicality Re: Non-TMBG: Conan and Musicality TMBG: Stormy Pinkness and such TMBG: Re: your mail TMBG: Harry Registration Code TMBG: Re: TMBG: IFTS Postcard Non-TMBG: Conan O'Brien NON-TMBG: Mean Streak TMBG: dead? TMBG: Re: TMBG: Re: TMBG: Fucked up and have an explanation for it Re: TMBG: Fucked up and have an explanation for it Re: TMBG: Fucked up and have an explanation for it TMBG: Fucked up and have an explanation for it Re: TMBG: Fucked up and have an explanation for it TMBG: Non-Tmbg:Well, I don't see any use in arguing Re: TMBG: Fucked up and have an explanation for it Re: TMBG: Non-Tmbg:Well, I don't see any use in arguing Re: TMBG: "explanation" Re: TMBG: Fucked up and have an explanation for it TMBG: PhD? Re: TMBG: Non-Tmbg:Well, I don't see any use in arguing Re: TMBG: Fucked up and have an explanation for it Re: TMBG: Fucked up and have an explanation for it Re: TMBG: Fucked up and have an explanation for it Re: TMBG: Fucked up and have an explanation for it Re: Non-TMBG: Conan and Musicality Re: TMBG: Fuc*ed up and have an explanation for it Re: Non-TMBG: Conan and Musicality Re: NON TMBG: Fucked up and have an explanation for it Re: TMBG: Fucked up and have an explanation for it Re: NON TMBG: Fucked up and have an explanation for it Re: TMBG: explanation for it Re: TMBG: Fucked up and have an explanation for it Re: TMBG: Fucked up and have an explanation for it Re: TMBG: Fucked up and have an explanation for it Administrivia: If you wish to unsubscribe from this mailing send mail to tmbg-digest-request@tmbg.org for instructions on how to be automatically removed. --------------------------------------------------------------------- The views expressed herein are those of the individual authors. --------------------------------------------------------------------- tmbg-list is digested with Digest 3.5b (John Relph ). ---------------------------------------------------------------------- Date: Thu, 25 Jun 1998 19:01:24 -0500 (CDT) From: "Christopher M. Stangl" Subject: Re: TMBG: Resident Evil/Dead Alive Message-ID: Someone care to explain the Subject Line to me? HOW is this TMBG-related exactly? On Tue, 23 Jun 1998, Josh Buckland wrote: > > To anyone who has seen Dead Alive by Peter Jackson (The un-rated > version, not the wimpy-ass 'R' version), Wussy-ass American-boy, you ain't seen nothin' yet. Little do you suspect, there are no less than (at least) SIX versions of "Braindead", two of which are "Dead/ Alive". Here's the rundown in order from most-heavily cut to least-heavily cut: -German cut is drastically altered (as I've heard reported, but not witnessed), "Braindead". -US R-Rated "Dead/Alive" runs a scant 85 minutes (available on video) -US UN-rated "Dead/Alive" runs a less-scant but still-too-brief 97 minutes (ALSO available stateside on video, and unfortunately masquerading as some sort of "complete" version. This is a lie, and is the tape you have seen- I deduce this by the mere fact that you refer to the film as "Dead/Alive"). -Hong Kong release is 104 minutes long (available on video) -New Zealand/ UK cut (the most complete version) is 104 minutes. This is available on Japanese laserdisc. Low-price, quality dubs of this disc are readily available from Internet tape-traders everywhere. -Chris Stangl, wussy American-boy ------------------------------ Message-ID: <19980625235110.3336.rocketmail@web1.rocketmail.com> Date: Thu, 25 Jun 1998 16:51:10 -0700 (PDT) From: Danielle Gaither Subject: NONTMBG: testing my mail Let's see if this gets out. === URL: http://www.geocities.com/CollegePark/1054/index.html "Remember me? I'm not married, I don't have any kids, and I'd blow your head off if someone paid me enough." --from _Grosse Pointe Blank_ _________________________________________________________ DO YOU YAHOO!? Get your free @yahoo.com address at http://mail.yahoo.com ------------------------------ Date: Thu, 25 Jun 1998 19:08:32 -0500 (CDT) From: "Christopher M. Stangl" Subject: Re: NON-TMBG: What Kenny Says Message-ID: On Wed, 24 Jun 1998, Jeff Parker wrote: > For anyone out there who is a South Park fan, you should check out: > http://mrhat.simplenet.com/ > > Great site with lots of cool stuff AND a complete listing of what Kenny > is really saying!!! But believe at your own risk. According to words directly from the mouth of Mr. Trey Parker, the "Kenny Lines" listed on Internet sites are usually wrong. Very frequently Kenny isn't even literally saying ANYTHING (which is the joke, naturally- defeats the purpose if you bother to try do "decode" what he's mumbling about). -Chris Stangl ------------------------------ Date: Thu, 25 Jun 1998 19:11:57 -0500 (CDT) From: "Christopher M. Stangl" Subject: Re: TMBG: Re:non-tmbg: South Park Theme - What Kenny Says Message-ID: On Wed, 24 Jun 1998 DrWormX@aol.com wrote: > that is not true, he actually says: > "Our town is the best town dammit, down to the last piece of granite" > Don't argue with me, I know... You know better than Trey Parker and Matt Stone than, I guess, because in an October 27, 1997 appearance on KLBJ in Austin Texas, they explicitly explained that they weren't going to tell anyone what the line actually is, as "Comedy Central would make us edit it if we ever told what it was." What they DID tell us is that "the line starts with 'I love...'", and that despite what many web-pages say, it "has nothing to do with granite". -Chris Stangl ------------------------------ Date: Thu, 25 Jun 1998 20:33:12 -0500 (CDT) From: Bill Tatalovich Subject: Re: TMBG:lotsa good shtuff Message-ID: On Thu, 25 Jun 1998 tmbgirl@juno.com wrote: > > Myself, I've been listening to John and John ever since 1991 (jesus, > > seven years ago? where does the time go?) when I stole my brother's > > mix tape of assorted songs from the Pink Album, Misc. T, and Lincoln. > > heh... i stole my sister's lincoln tape in '89 been a fan since... > does your brother still like them? He's still a fan, but his tastes have since grown toward country-rock or folk-rock (as in Wilco/Son Volt/Uncle Tupelo, Old 97s, et al), whereas mine have grown toward general indie music. Go figure. > > > In my experience, TMBG live shows have grown more and more > > improvisational, and thus more "live" than they were in the past. > > i disagree... i think in the very begining it was a lot more dificult to > do any improv due to the drum machine (but that was obvious). but when > the got the live band it was like they totally took it all the way with > stump the band and spin the dial. it seems that, sure, that was the only > improv they were doing at the time (along with spy) but now all we've got > is spy and planet of the apes... the ocassional song in particle man and > what not. but i really don't see much of a difference. > i think it may be that they've become much more comfortable writting for > the full band thus giving each of the band members a little bit of room > to do their own stuff... so i spose in that sense they do... Well, they weren't improv-ing a whole lot even on that 1993 tour, when it was a full band (with horns, if I'm not mistaken). I understand the problems involved with the drum machine. Admittedly, they did do Stump the Band back then (they covered "I am Woman" when I saw them), but my opinion is still that they're doing more recently. Jordan, when was your first TMBG show? Just curious... |~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~| | Reverend Bill Tatalovich | | | | wt3@cec.wustl.edu | | personnel@kwur.wustl.edu | | | ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ ------------------------------ Message-ID: <359303A8.D5E846DA@home.com> Date: Thu, 25 Jun 1998 19:12:57 -0700 From: NICHOLAS JANSSEN Organization: @Home Network Subject: Re: NON-TMBG: Harry The Handsome Executive I never herd of HTHE intill this post, soI cheched it out and last night I satade up till 2:30am playing it. It is great! Does anyone have a register code so I can play more levels? There is also a game for Mac's only called Snood it is totaly adictive. It is just like Bust-A-Move but way bette. http://www-personal.umich.edu/~dob/snood.html Nicholas ------------------------------ From: OverpassX@aol.com Message-ID: <17e81b98.35931bb7@aol.com> Date: Thu, 25 Jun 1998 23:55:34 EDT Subject: Re: TMBG: Joshua Fried rantings -Reply >My understanding was that 'every breath' was written by Sting about his >wife just after they had broken up and he was trying to come to terms >with this. Go back and listen to the original with this in mind and it really >isn't that romantic and is rather spooky No, no, no.. as a big Police fan I must intervene here.... this song was NOT.. I repeat NOT written as a ballad to stalking, but as a ballad to a lost love who he's be thinking of : "since you've gone I've been lost without a trace, I dream at night but I only see your face, I look around but its you I can't replace, I feel so cold and I long for your embrace, I keep callin' baby, baby please " so its not really scary if you think of it that way.. its quite sad... >please, don't compare tmbg, even joshua fried to puff daddy. they >sampled the police and ruined the theme of the song. total agreement here... its a completely different situation... that song is hated by tons of Police fans.. with "Fuck Puff Daddy" the subject of many letters on their mailing list last summer.... Nora :) ------------------------------ From: LouisRSPX@aol.com Message-ID: <2763e2f.3593221e@aol.com> Date: Fri, 26 Jun 1998 00:22:53 EDT Subject: TMBG: Newbie I've never posted to the list before, but I've been lurking for about a week and I recognize a few of you from the AOL folder. It's gonna be tough keeping up with so many posts, but I'll be sure to pipe my two cents in when I feel it appropriate. My info: Albuquerque New Mexico 87114 My comments on what I've read so far - My parents are upper-middle class Hispanics, and I am a 4.7 (because of AP classes, yadda, yadda, I know...) GPA student at a Catholic high school here in Albuquerque. Yes, I can get a scholarship. So can the thousands upon thousands of other equally-or- slightly-better-qualified college-bound students I'm up against. Because my parents make enough money (or own enough equity) to push us over the top as far as ANY financial aid goes, I can't get or even apply for the hundreds of "merit scholarships" which are actually based solely on financial need (with the "merit" competition coming into play only for the "needy" students) Nevermind the fact that I am the oldest of five children and my parents can't afford the $25,000+ a year tuition, room, and board at the more prestigious universities around the nation. I work my ass off for my grades, but I'm starting to realize that if I had put that much effort into football or basketball instead, I would get a full athletic scholarship without these schools even batting an eye. Yes, that annoys me. I don't usually rant, but this issue certainly hits home. I don't really see the connection between "monotonous" re-mix's and what Joshua Fried did to World's Address. I certainly don't find anything monotonous with his version. Just when it appears to repeat, you've got variation. A rocket ship, "paging Mr. Saxophone", "someone in the club tonight has stolen my ideas", the variation of the cha-cha and the techo -- all of these are prime examples of a good 5 minutes worth of entertainment. Enough for a first post -- I actually only intended to say hi. Hi! BIG LOU "D - world Destruction, over an overture" ------------------------------ Message-ID: <19980626042353.7311.qmail@hotmail.com> From: "Josh Buckland" Date: Thu, 25 Jun 1998 21:23:52 PDT To whoever is at this address, Unfortunatly, my husband, Joshua, shot himself in the head lastnight, June 24, on his birthday. It was in his suicide note, that he requested you be informed at this address. I normaly could not have brought myself to do this, but it was his request, so I'm trying to do this without breaking down. Regretfuly, Jennifer Buckland ______________________________________________________ Get Your Private, Free Email at http://www.hotmail.com ------------------------------ Message-Id: <3.0.1.32.19980626002748.006a7580@mail.clemson.edu> Date: Fri, 26 Jun 1998 00:27:48 -0400 From: Adam Tyner Subject: TMBG: Re: Wow! It seems his wife has the same poor spelling skills as her late, departed husband. Ha! -Adam At 09:23 PM 6/25/98 PDT, Josh Buckland wrote: >To whoever is at this address, > > Unfortunatly, my husband, Joshua, shot himself in the head lastnight, >June 24, on his birthday. It was in his suicide note, that he requested >you be informed at this address. I normaly could not have brought myself >to do this, but it was his request, so I'm trying to do this without >breaking down. > Regretfuly, > Jennifer >Buckland > >______________________________________________________ >Get Your Private, Free Email at http://www.hotmail.com > > /=---------------- http://www.he-man.org/ctyner/ ----------------=\ http://www.awod.com/gallery/rwav/ctyner/ The home of He-Man, "Weird Al", Yoo-hoo, Killer Tomatoes, and more! Demented music list admin O- MiSTie #67,326 ------------------------------ From: KdsInThHal@aol.com Message-ID: <547b15a2.35932550@aol.com> Date: Fri, 26 Jun 1998 00:36:31 EDT Subject: Re: TMBG: Re: In a message dated 6/25/98 12:31:25 AM, ctyner@clemson.edu wrote: >Wow! It seems his wife has the same poor spelling skills as her late, >departed husband. Ha! my thoughts too.. s'too bad he married so *young*, i'm sure that possibly contributed to his internal emotional problems... ------------------------------ Date: Thu, 25 Jun 1998 21:41:29 -0700 Subject: Re: TMBG: The Man Message-ID: <19980625.214358.3638.1.jnielsen69@juno.com> From: jnielsen69@juno.com (Josh Nielsen) Actually, I went to Bi-Mart like yesterday, and THEY DON'T HAVE THE BAGS ANYMORE!!! This made me very angry. Hopefully they'll resurface. They always seem to. If and when they come back, I'll be sure to notify the list. Josh Nielsen jnielsen69@juno.com http://www.angelfire.com/or/jnielsen/ http://www.geocities.com/SunsetStrip/Studio/4091 ICQ #1337243 ------------------------------ Date: Thu, 25 Jun 1998 21:43:52 -0700 Subject: Re: TMBG: IFTS postccard Message-ID: <19980625.214358.3638.3.jnielsen69@juno.com> From: jnielsen69@juno.com (Josh Nielsen) I just got it today. I'm keeping it also. Josh Nielsen jnielsen69@juno.com http://www.angelfire.com/or/jnielsen/ http://www.geocities.com/SunsetStrip/Studio/4091 ICQ #1337243 _____________________________________________________________________ You don't need to buy Internet access to use free Internet e-mail. Get completely free e-mail from Juno at http://www.juno.com Or call Juno at (800) 654-JUNO [654-5866] ------------------------------ Date: Fri, 26 Jun 1998 00:09:17 -0500 (CDT) From: Jason L Subject: TMBG:GEOGRAPHY Message-ID: Yeah, yeah yeah, I'm a lurker At Home: Salem Illinois 62881 At School: Charleston Illinois 61920 Blah, Blah, Blah, Darkheart, supreme something on efnet, blah blah blah ------------------------------ From: DrWormX@aol.com Message-ID: <75634ce6.35932ec4@aol.com> Date: Fri, 26 Jun 1998 01:16:51 EDT Subject: TMBG: non-tmbg: dilbert (sorry for dwelling on this so much) this sharade just further proves the idiocy that this moron really posseses, and obviously is showing us. I can't tell if this was just a stupid joke, or if he actually thinks that we believe this moronic rubbish... suspicious that he and his wife both sign their names identically in E-mail... Matt -- that better be the last of him (sorry for dwelling on this so much) You're really alive when you wish you were dead. And there isn't a god, or a heaven or hell, life's a little old apple and a William Tell ------------------------------ Message-ID: <35935D14.5A9D@stlnet.com> Date: Fri, 26 Jun 1998 02:34:36 -0600 From: Lynne Subject: Non-TMBG: Conan and Musicality Hey. Yeah, I as well am a Conan addict... I wonder what the outcome would be if he did a John and John "If They Made It"? I bet it would be pretty creepy. As for Max Weinberg, he looks stupid playing.. but that boy has some chops. On another note... how many people on the list play an instrument or are in a band, school or recreational? Just curious... As for me, I play the trumpet in my High School's Marching Band and Jazz Band, and am in the process of starting a band in August(when the drummer gets back from his touring in Switzerland.) It'll most likely be a Jazz or Swing band.... not that you care... Thanks. Chris chrisl@tmbg.org "Save the whales. Collect the whole set." ------------------------------ Message-ID: <000c01bda0d7$fc9cf700$04200792@super> From: "David Adams" Subject: Re: Non-TMBG: Conan and Musicality Date: Fri, 26 Jun 1998 02:56:50 -0500 Lynne wrote: >I wonder what the outcome would be if he did a John and John "If They Made It"? I believe the name of the feature is "If They Mated." I used to think it was "If They Made It," too, until I saw the book. Conan needs to work on his enunciation. Either that, or show the title along with some cheesy music like Letterman or Leno. David Adams adams@csc.smsu.edu http://www.cs.smsu.edu/~adams ------------------------------ Message-Id: Date: Fri, 26 Jun 1998 04:43:52 -0600 From: usher@betterbox.net (Jason Fondren) Subject: TMBG: Stormy Pinkness and such Hello everybody- Pretty new to the list, so a big hello to all you folks. May I say that as a whole, you are one of the most friendly groups on the internet. Don't know why I never found tmbg.org until just the other day, but I've completely ravaged the site since then. I was very interested in the We Might Be Giants, Too project, so I recorded off a submission for it. When I encoded my recording to mp3 it got a litttle jumpy, but you can still get the basic idea if you download it. You can get my version of Stormy Pinkness at: http://iotapi.betterbox.net/jason/ ...for the time being. Hopefully the WMBGT guys will dload it and put it on their page soon. It's 2 MB, but it's worth it :) Thanks for all the posts, it's fun to read what other fans have to say. I'm really looking forward to seeing what the convo is like after the release of STD. later, __________________________________________ Jason Fondren - Macintosh Devotee - Saxophonist usher@betterbox.net USHER@irc []___ / /\____ "When all is dark within the house, /_/\_//____/\ who knows the monster from the mouse?" | || |||__||| -James Thurber ------------------------------ Date: Fri, 26 Jun 1998 07:40:48 -0500 (CDT) From: Robin Subject: TMBG: Re: your mail Message-ID: is this for real? just curious. because if it is, i feel bad for his family. it is very difficult to deal with something like that. if it is not...that is the cruelest and rudest thing that i have heard of in a long time. and it is totally inappropriate! RObin On Thu, 25 Jun 1998, Josh Buckland wrote: > To whoever is at this address, > > Unfortunatly, my husband, Joshua, shot himself in the head lastnight, > June 24, on his birthday. It was in his suicide note, that he requested > you be informed at this address. I normaly could not have brought myself > to do this, but it was his request, so I'm trying to do this without > breaking down. > Regretfuly, > Jennifer > Buckland > > ______________________________________________________ > Get Your Private, Free Email at http://www.hotmail.com > ------------------------------ Message-Id: Date: Fri, 26 Jun 1998 08:53:13 -0400 From: Jonathan Chaffer Subject: TMBG: Harry Registration Code >satade up till 2:30am playing it. It is great! Does anyone have a register >code so I can play more levels? There is also a game for Mac's only called Since it is such a great game, I've decided to share the registration code with everyone. Simply go to: https://www.AmbrosiaSW.com/Registration/Register.html and follow the instructions. Please support shareware rather than hurting great programmers like Ben who decide to let us try their stuff before buying. Getting down off the soapbox, Jonathan (a registered Harry & EVO user) -- ,, Jonathan Chaffer http://www.tmbg.org/~jchaffer/ ->QQ<- Student, University of Michigan _||_ Crow: #(:)o Tom Servo: O=[] Gypsy: A=== Dogbert: O- Me: :-D ------------------------------ Message-Id: <3.0.2.32.19980626134827.007c2100@mail-in.keme.net> Date: Fri, 26 Jun 1998 13:48:27 +0100 From: the famous Uncle Squid Subject: TMBG: Re: At 21:23 25/06/98 PDT, you wrote: >To whoever is at this address, > > Unfortunatly, my husband, Joshua, shot himself in the head lastnight, >June 24, on his birthday. It was in his suicide note, that he requested >you be informed at this address. I normaly could not have brought myself >to do this, but it was his request, so I'm trying to do this without >breaking down. > Regretfuly, > Jennifer >Buckland Suicide isn't painless it hurts like hell it's set aside for the famous a little suicide sells nothing lasts for ever but nothing ever did it's big but it's not clever and it's really not that big so no more tears you're a big boy now we'll have a few more beers we'll sort it out somehow ~THE ELLESLEYS~ (of Colchester-Essex-UK) Home Page: Http://www.keme.co.uk/~thelimes/trendsetting.html TMBG page: Http://members.xoom.com/uncle_squid/Xoom/ <><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><> Passer by: Excuse me, you got the time? Robert: Um, no. -- Robert Head (who was wearing a watch) <><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><> ------------------------------ From: ArwenAnaNg@aol.com Message-ID: Date: Fri, 26 Jun 1998 09:16:17 EDT Subject: TMBG: IFTS Postcard << Somebody said that they got an It's Fun To Steal postcard. Did anyone else get this? And does it come when you place an order, or is it just sent out to everyone like the Unsupervised postcard? Thanks. >> I got one, too. However, I got the CD almost a month before the postcard came. It's from the TMBG fan club. Arwen "TMBG Fan # 31943" AnaNg ------------------------------ From: Spoonerism@aol.com Message-ID: <5b3a30db.3593a260@aol.com> Date: Fri, 26 Jun 1998 09:30:07 EDT Subject: Non-TMBG: Conan O'Brien <> This is by far my all time favourite TV show. A few weeks ago, my friends and I went to visit NYU, and then we went to see the Conan show (The studio is a lot smaller than it looks on TV). Before the show, Conan came out to "warm up" everyone, and he shook a bunch of hands (including mine :D). Then he just asked two random people to dance, and then Max, Andy, and the band all came in the audience and were dancing in the isles. The guests weren't that great (it was that guy from the Boku commercials) but the cast were all really funny. Did you all know that Conan is really tall? He's like 6'5 or something. When he came out, we were forced to say the obligitory "He doesn't look the same on TV!" Oh well, there's a little first-hand info -CAsey ------------------------------ From: ArwenAnaNg@aol.com Message-ID: <9dd8fd19.3593a498@aol.com> Date: Fri, 26 Jun 1998 09:39:35 EDT Subject: NON-TMBG: Mean Streak << You've posted about everything with really obvious, and stupid responces. Plus, you've brought up topics that were totally pointless, and that make you look like an idiot, E.G. we all knew tmbg was on tiny toons, and you looked really dumb for posting that, and trying to look smart. Okay is it that you're really young? Or maybe you're really Leffel in discuise, making a big joke out of posing as a newbie? Or maybe you're the kind of person who just talks way too much? Or maybe you're just dumb? >> Before you go calling people "dumb", why don't you learn how to spell? "Responces"? "Discuise"? Just exactly how smart do you think you are? Arwen -- who's not afraid to use spell check or use a dictionary. ------------------------------ From: mjames@khserver.loyola.edu (Matthew James) Message-Id: <9806261430.AA28289@khserver.loyola.edu> Subject: TMBG: dead? Date: Fri, 26 Jun 1998 10:30:09 -0400 (EDT) Hello, I've been having problems with my account so I'm not sure if I haven't been getting the list because of that or because the list is not getting any posts. Is anyone out there posting? Thanks, Matt -- Matt James mjames@greed.loyola.edu Loyola College in Baltimore, MD Bruce Campbell Gazette: www.bcgazette.com ------------------------------ Subject: TMBG: Re: Message-ID: <19980626.104008.2279.0.captainmarvel2@juno.com> From: captainmarvel2@juno.com (Derek A Klein) Date: Fri, 26 Jun 1998 10:41:08 EDT > Unfortunatly, my husband, Joshua, shot himself in the head lastnight, June 24, >on his birthday. It was in his suicide note, that he requested you be informed at >this address. I normaly could not have brought myself to do this, but it was his >request, so I'm trying to do this without breaking down. Regretfuly, > Jennifer >Buckland Okay, if this is for real, than that is just fucked up. If this is some sort of joke, that is incredibly disgusting and even more fucked up. And since I'm on the topic of "what's fucked up", I have to say: If you're writing a suicide and you say that you want everyone on an e-mailing list that you just complertely pissed off to know that your dead, that's pretty fucked up too. Derek _____________________________________________________________________ You don't need to buy Internet access to use free Internet e-mail. Get completely free e-mail from Juno at http://www.juno.com Or call Juno at (800) 654-JUNO [654-5866] ------------------------------ From: gray42@juno.com Date: Fri, 26 Jun 1998 13:35:11 -0400 Subject: TMBG: Re: Message-ID: <19980626.133547.3390.0.gray42@juno.com> On Fri, 26 Jun 1998 10:41:08 EDT captainmarvel2@juno.com (Derek A Klein) writes: >> Unfortunatly, my husband, Joshua, shot himself in the head >lastnight, June 24, >on his birthday. It was in his suicide note, that >he requested you be informed at >this address. I normaly could not >have brought myself to do this, but it was his >request, so I'm trying >to do this without breaking down. > Regretfuly, >> Jennifer >>Buckland > >Okay, if this is for real, than that is just fucked up. If this is >some sort of joke, that is incredibly disgusting and even more fucked >up. And since I'm on the topic of "what's fucked up", I have to say: >If you're writing a suicide and you say that you want everyone on an >e-mailing list that you just complertely pissed off to know that your >dead, that's pretty fucked up too. > >Derek Damn Straight ;) (yes, this post was somewhat pointless, but I just had to state my agreement w/ Derek's post) Mysterio Gal (who stays in back whilest louder people shout, and nods her head knowingly) "ME NO LIKE HAMBURGER, ME WANT PEANUTBUTTER, ACTUALLY ME HATE PEANUTBUTTER TOO! ME JUST WANT HAIR!" -- Claire Monster (fully equipped with extremely loud keyboard and monster voice) ICQ# 9585405 MST3K#88182 gray42@juno.com http://www.geocities.com/SoHo/Coffeehouse/4871 The Official Project Omicrom website: www.geocities.com/SoHo/Square/9007 ------------------------------ Message-ID: <19980626175246.27174.qmail@hotmail.com> From: "Josh Buckland" Subject: TMBG: Fucked up and have an explanation for it Date: Fri, 26 Jun 1998 10:52:45 PDT Well. Save your opinions 'till after you read this. On second thought, just save your opinions untill they're needed. Anyway, that letter wasn't for real, but at the same time it wasn't a joke. How do I explain this??? Well, I've decided to research how bad news that can't be proved affects people. Insted of going different people to experiment, I thought of you guys. I could just type a paragraph, and instatly I have some 20 responces. Don't mean to come off as an ass-hole, but if I told you, I damn well wouldn't get a very realistic responce, would I????? You guys were very helpful. Except Squid Guy. I couldn't tell if he took it seriously. I see you people aren't very respectful of the dead. On another note, when I said quite a bit of their songs suck, the phrase I was aiming for was more along the lines of "a couple." Sorry, but I have a tendency to misword things, and then notice it only when it's too late. Oh yeah, and the 24th really was my birthday. "Woo-hoo!!" Josh Buckland dilbert_2000@hotmail.com "Damn you and your fairy stories, he's smashing up my home!!!!." --Arther Dent, "Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy" ______________________________________________________ Get Your Private, Free Email at http://www.hotmail.com ------------------------------ Message-Id: <1.5.4.32.19980626181007.006d0bd0@cybnetonline.com> Date: Fri, 26 Jun 1998 13:10:07 -0500 From: "The Li'l Depressed Boy" Subject: Re: TMBG: Fucked up and have an explanation for it At 10:52 AM 6/26/98 PDT, Josh Buckland wrote: >Well. Save your opinions 'till after you read this. On second thought, >just save your opinions untill they're needed. Anyway, that letter >wasn't for real, but at the same time it wasn't a joke. How do I explain >this??? Well, I've decided to research how bad news that can't be proved >affects people. Insted of going different people to experiment, I >thought of you guys. I could just type a paragraph, and instatly I have >some 20 responces. Don't mean to come off as an ass-hole, but if I told >you, I damn well wouldn't get a very realistic responce, would I????? >You guys were very helpful. Except Squid Guy. I couldn't tell if he took >it seriously. I see you people aren't very respectful of the dead. > Ahem. COUGH AHEM LIE COUGH. (clearing of throat) Don't cover your ass. That isn't research, if it was research you wouldn't be utilizing the Internet. You wanted to be an ass, that is the truth. Keep the excuses from this list. You knew what would happen, and you thought it funny. Now if you excuse me I have a life, and don't have to fake my death to a bunch of people *I* don't care about. LDB, who loves *almost* everbody. -- (this site cuts the amount of URL's I put in my Sig) My Web Page Index: http://www.cybnetonline.com/users/njack/ TMBG | D.U.M.B. NEWS | Mr. Gone Font -- Contemporary Cartoon Militia is (C) & TM 1998 S. Steven Struble and Kris W. M. Struble. The Li'l Depressed Boy, Phreeck, Spyder Hunt, and all related characters (C) & TM 1998 S. Steven Struble ------------------------------ Message-ID: <3593E420.780B@tmbg.org> Date: Fri, 26 Jun 1998 14:10:40 -0400 From: Z Subject: Re: TMBG: Fucked up and have an explanation for it That's just a bunch of bull! When you didn't get a ton of sympathy mail, you came up with this jerkass answer for your stupidity. I doubt anyone believed your death email or this crap your trying to unload here. get a life. N Josh Buckland wrote: > > Well. Save your opinions 'till after you read this. On second thought, > just save your opinions untill they're needed. Anyway, that letter > wasn't for real, but at the same time it wasn't a joke. How do I explain > this??? Well, I've decided to research how bad news that can't be proved > affects people. Insted of going different people to experiment, I > thought of you guys. I could just type a paragraph, and instatly I have > some 20 responces. Don't mean to come off as an ass-hole, but if I told > you, I damn well wouldn't get a very realistic responce, would I????? > You guys were very helpful. Except Squid Guy. I couldn't tell if he took > it seriously. I see you people aren't very respectful of the dead. > > On another note, when I said quite a bit of their songs suck, the > phrase I was aiming for was more along the lines of "a couple." Sorry, > but I have a tendency to misword things, and then notice it only when > it's too late. Oh yeah, and the 24th really was my birthday. > "Woo-hoo!!" > > Josh Buckland dilbert_2000@hotmail.com ------------------------------ From: mjames@khserver.loyola.edu (Matthew James) Message-Id: <9806261805.AA28500@khserver.loyola.edu> Subject: TMBG: Fucked up and have an explanation for it Date: Fri, 26 Jun 1998 14:05:11 -0400 (EDT) > Well. Save your opinions 'till after you read this. On second thought, > just save your opinions untill they're needed. Anyway, that letter > wasn't for real, but at the same time it wasn't a joke. How do I explain > this??? Well, I've decided to research how bad news that can't be proved > affects people. Insted of going different people to experiment, I > thought of you guys. I could just type a paragraph, and instatly I have > some 20 responces. Don't mean to come off as an ass-hole, but if I told > you, I damn well wouldn't get a very realistic responce, would I????? > You guys were very helpful. Except Squid Guy. I couldn't tell if he took > it seriously. I see you people aren't very respectful of the dead. > Firstly, this is about the most impersonal place to give any kind of news you can find. You are typing to a bunch of (basically) anonymous email addresses to people all over the world who don't know the first thing about you. Surely people are going to think you are kidding or just not care at all. Secondly, if you really did have a wife and you committed suicide and left that note for her, the last thing she would do is go ahead and post to the list. I doubt she could or would operate a computer, log on and post that message she'd be so stricken with grief from receiving the note. Basically, that was a dick move. Just cool it, man. -Matt -- Matt James mjames@greed.loyola.edu Loyola College in Baltimore, MD Bruce Campbell Gazette: www.bcgazette.com ------------------------------ From: Superman25@aol.com Message-ID: <538fc0a0.3593e555@aol.com> Date: Fri, 26 Jun 1998 14:15:51 EDT Subject: Re: TMBG: Fucked up and have an explanation for it hi. > Well, I've decided to research how bad news that can't be proved > affects people. Insted of going different people to experiment, I > thought of you guys. I could just type a paragraph, and instatly I have > some 20 responces. Don't mean to come off as an ass-hole, but if I told > you, I damn well wouldn't get a very realistic responce, would I????? while this is true, you must understand that when it is terribly obvious that something is fake, no one will believe it. second, why would you be doing an "experiment" like this? did you think it would prove something to us? are you a part of some secret team of scientists doing some survey on human emotional reaction? i doubt it. why don't you stop with the games? no one wants to play them. adam schaaf, who would like to be on a team of secret scientist. ------------------------------ Message-ID: <19980626182823.4295.qmail@hotmail.com> From: "Josh Buckland" Subject: TMBG: Non-Tmbg:Well, I don't see any use in arguing Date: Fri, 26 Jun 1998 11:28:23 PDT As you read in my last post, I'm tired of this unneeded arguing. I'm willing to get on with "Fans sharing info with Fans" if you are. I know I've came across as a bastard, but if you'de rather stay on that subject, well, that's your own damn fault. You seem to not care, but if that's so, here's a tip, it's better NOT to keep replying to someone you don't care about, eh??? So for all of you that are going to reply to this post, saying that you don't care, but can still find the time to reply: SHUT UP, WHAT'S DONE IS DONE. That's all I wanna here outta this whole thing. So, anyone know if They're coming to VA???? Josh Buckland dilbert_2000@hotmail.com "He wants to knock your house down... And he can't, because you're lying in the way of his bulldozer... I think we can come to some arrangement." --Ford Prefect, "Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy" ______________________________________________________ Get Your Private, Free Email at http://www.hotmail.com ------------------------------ Message-ID: <19980626183412.20690.qmail@hotmail.com> From: "Josh Buckland" Subject: Re: TMBG: Fucked up and have an explanation for it Date: Fri, 26 Jun 1998 11:34:12 PDT >are you a part of some secret team of scientists doing some survey >on human emotional reaction? Uh, yes, except for the team of scientists. It's just me, and I don't have a PhD. Josh Buckland dilbert_2000@hotmail.com "He wants to knock your house down... And he can't, because you're lying in the way of his bulldozer... I think we can come to some arrangement." --Ford Prefect, "Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy" ______________________________________________________ Get Your Private, Free Email at http://www.hotmail.com ------------------------------ Message-Id: <1.5.4.32.19980626183619.006ce0c0@cybnetonline.com> Date: Fri, 26 Jun 1998 13:36:19 -0500 From: "The Li'l Depressed Boy" Subject: Re: TMBG: Non-Tmbg:Well, I don't see any use in arguing >That's all I wanna here outta this whole thing. So, anyone know if >They're coming to VA???? > You wanted to see our reaction, you got a reaction. Now that the reaction is oposing you, your crying about it. I know your li'l reasoning, "heh, I'll post last and tell them to stop, therefore I win." (But your probably saying it in simplier words) So shut up. Now why'd you post that one if you didn't want our response. Stupid. Liars always lose, LDB -- (this site cuts the amount of URL's I put in my Sig) My Web Page Index: http://www.cybnetonline.com/users/njack/ TMBG | D.U.M.B. NEWS | Mr. Gone Font -- Contemporary Cartoon Militia is (C) & TM 1998 S. Steven Struble and Kris W. M. Struble. The Li'l Depressed Boy, Phreeck, Spyder Hunt, and all related characters (C) & TM 1998 S. Steven Struble ------------------------------ Date: Fri, 26 Jun 1998 11:41:09 -0700 (PDT) Message-Id: From: Bob Gonsalves Subject: Re: TMBG: "explanation" >Well. Save your opinions 'till after you read this. On second thought, >just save your opinions untill they're needed. As determined by whom? blah blah blah. Thankfully there are e-mail filters to send nonsense like this directly to the trash. ------------------------------ Date: Fri, 26 Jun 1998 14:48:41 -0400 (EDT) From: "(*)" Subject: Re: TMBG: Fucked up and have an explanation for it Message-ID: I think that what is so bothersome is that you didn't stop to consider the potential repercussions of such an experiment. Suicide is a very serious and dangerous issue. I am not really suggesting that your letter could have had the potential to spurn copycat suicides, rather that people who have know suicidal people, or have had friends or family that have killed themselves would be instantly reminded of their painful loss. Simply it is not nice to mess about with that idea. In scientific experiments the subjects must sign a consent form before being tested on. This is a right that people have. Please be more considerate in the future. Olivia ------------------------------ Message-ID: <3593ECB9.BDD@tmbg.org> Date: Fri, 26 Jun 1998 14:47:21 -0400 From: Z Subject: TMBG: PhD? Josh Buckland wrote: > > Uh, yes, except for the team of scientists. It's just me, and I don't > have a PhD. > > Josh Buckland dilbert_2000@hotmail.com Really, no PhD? I never would have guessed!! Sorry that was just screaming for a response, I couldn't resist. ------------------------------ Message-ID: <3593EE4E.95F520B@home.com> Date: Fri, 26 Jun 1998 11:54:06 -0700 From: NICHOLAS JANSSEN Organization: @Home Network Subject: Re: TMBG: Non-Tmbg:Well, I don't see any use in arguing What a fucking jerk off. Nick Josh Buckland wrote: > > As you read in my last post, I'm tired of this unneeded arguing. I'm > willing to get on with "Fans sharing info with Fans" if you are. I know > I've came across as a bastard, but if you'de rather stay on that > subject, well, that's your own damn fault. You seem to not care, but if > that's so, here's a tip, it's better NOT to keep replying to someone you > don't care about, eh??? So for all of you that are going to reply to > this post, saying that you don't care, but can still find the time to > reply: SHUT UP, WHAT'S DONE IS DONE. > > That's all I wanna here outta this whole thing. So, anyone know if > They're coming to VA????0 ------------------------------ Date: Fri, 26 Jun 1998 14:17:07 -0500 (CDT) From: Robin Subject: Re: TMBG: Fucked up and have an explanation for it Message-ID: well, i feel just wonderful being a part of some psych experiment...but as a psych major who has put lots of unfortunate freshmen through the same experience, how can i complain. oh well... On Fri, 26 Jun 1998, Josh Buckland wrote: > Well. Save your opinions 'till after you read this. On second thought, > just save your opinions untill they're needed. Anyway, that letter > wasn't for real, but at the same time it wasn't a joke. How do I explain > this??? Well, I've decided to research how bad news that can't be proved > affects people. Insted of going different people to experiment, I > thought of you guys. I could just type a paragraph, and instatly I have > some 20 responces. Don't mean to come off as an ass-hole, but if I told > you, I damn well wouldn't get a very realistic responce, would I????? > You guys were very helpful. Except Squid Guy. I couldn't tell if he took > it seriously. I see you people aren't very respectful of the dead. > > On another note, when I said quite a bit of their songs suck, the > phrase I was aiming for was more along the lines of "a couple." Sorry, > but I have a tendency to misword things, and then notice it only when > it's too late. Oh yeah, and the 24th really was my birthday. > "Woo-hoo!!" > > > Josh Buckland dilbert_2000@hotmail.com > > "Damn you and your fairy stories, he's smashing up my home!!!!." > --Arther Dent, "Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy" > > > ______________________________________________________ > Get Your Private, Free Email at http://www.hotmail.com > ------------------------------ Message-ID: <19980626193142.2231.rocketmail@web4.rocketmail.com> Date: Fri, 26 Jun 1998 12:31:42 -0700 (PDT) From: Danielle Gaither Subject: Re: TMBG: Fucked up and have an explanation for it ---Josh Buckland wrote: > > Well. Save your opinions 'till after you read this. On second thought, > just save your opinions untill they're needed. Anyway, that letter > wasn't for real, but at the same time it wasn't a joke. How do I explain To make this TMBG relevant, go look up the words to "Your Racist Friend." Especially the last verse. Study those words really carefully and then try to come back with bullshit like this. > this??? Well, I've decided to research how bad news that can't be proved I sincerely hope you're not affiliated with any legitimate researchers. > some 20 responces. Don't mean to come off as an ass-hole, but if I told Sorry, but you certainly succeeded. > You guys were very helpful. Except Squid Guy. I couldn't tell if he took > it seriously. I see you people aren't very respectful of the dead. It's not that; it's just that everything else you had said previously was of, at best, questionable credibility. So pardon us if we doubted the integrity of your alleged science. > On another note, when I said quite a bit of their songs suck, the > phrase I was aiming for was more along the lines of "a couple." Sorry, "Quite a bit." "A couple." Those are not remotely the same. > but I have a tendency to misword things, and then notice it only when You sound like the Nixon administration. > it's too late. Oh yeah, and the 24th really was my birthday. > "Woo-hoo!!" Happy birthday. Everyone's entitled to a little joy. Danielle, inspector over the mine === URL: http://www.geocities.com/CollegePark/1054/index.html "Should you worry when the skullhead is in front of you, or is it worse because it's always waiting where your eyes don't go?" --They Might Be Giants _________________________________________________________ DO YOU YAHOO!? Get your free @yahoo.com address at http://mail.yahoo.com ------------------------------ Message-ID: <19980626190426.12120.qmail@hotmail.com> From: "Josh Buckland" Subject: Re: TMBG: Fucked up and have an explanation for it Date: Fri, 26 Jun 1998 12:04:25 PDT >I think that what is so bothersome is that you didn't stop to consider the >potential repercussions of such an experiment. Suicide is a very serious >and dangerous issue. I am not really suggesting that your letter could >have had the potential to spurn copycat suicides, rather that people who >have know suicidal people, or have had friends or family that have killed >themselves would be instantly reminded of their painful loss. Simply it is >not nice to mess about with that idea. In scientific experiments the >subjects must sign a consent form before being tested on. This is a right >that people have. Please be more considerate in the future. > >Olivia > I aplaud you, Olivia. You're the only one who has tried to talk some sence into me without spewing out random curses and "shut-up"s. Olivia, I will keep what you said in mind. For the rest of you, and myself, have we all forgotten what we signed onto this list for in the first place???? You think it's good to bash me, but it makes you look worse, when I opologize and say I'd like to get on with tmbg posting. Come on, you guys are waisting time. Can't we all get along? I've already admited to my mistakes. Come on, for God's sake. What have we become. Now, does anyone know if They're touring in the VA area? Josh Buckland dilbert_2000@hotmail.com "He wants to knock your house down... And he can't, because you're lying in the way of his bulldozer... I think we can come to some arrangement." --Ford Prefect, "Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy" ______________________________________________________ Get Your Private, Free Email at http://www.hotmail.com ------------------------------ Message-Id: <1.5.4.32.19980626200220.006d4bdc@cybnetonline.com> Date: Fri, 26 Jun 1998 15:02:20 -0500 From: "The Li'l Depressed Boy" Subject: Re: TMBG: Fucked up and have an explanation for it >I aplaud you, Olivia. You're the only one who has tried to talk some >sence into me without spewing out random curses and "shut-up"s. Olivia, >I will keep what you said in mind. For the rest of you, and myself, have >we all forgotten what we signed onto this list for in the first >place???? You think it's good to bash me, but it makes you look worse, >when I opologize and say I'd like to get on with tmbg posting. Come on, >you guys are waisting time. Can't we all get along? I've already admited >to my mistakes. Come on, for God's sake. What have we become. Now, does >anyone know if They're touring in the VA area? Ahem, Josh, you are acting High and Mighty. In absolutely no-way have you really apologized, because in your mind you are still laughing about it. You understand it was stupid, but you still justify in your mind that it was good. And, I might want to add us TMBGers don't throw out "random curses" we carefully plan out each of our obsinities to further exemplify our points. If you care to hear no more about this, then shut up about it. Slowly people will start losing interest in your sad pathetic little life, and stop responding to posts about it. Though you act as if you want it to stop, you make an attempt to keep the argument going. You cannot get the last word, give up and crawl into the hole you dug for yourself. Now about your VA question, I'll teach you a lesson in politeness. Do not attach a question you want answered to a post in which you refer to them as idiots and morons. If you want to learn of whether they are coming to VA, click on that button that makes new mail, type in the lists address, and politely ask the question without trying to tell us were dolts, that is the way to get your questions answered. LDB, longwinded (for once) -- (this site cuts the amount of URL's I put in my Sig) My Web Page Index: http://www.cybnetonline.com/users/njack/ TMBG | D.U.M.B. NEWS | Mr. Gone Font -- Contemporary Cartoon Militia is (C) & TM 1998 S. Steven Struble and Kris W. M. Struble. The Li'l Depressed Boy, Phreeck, Spyder Hunt, and all related characters (C) & TM 1998 S. Steven Struble ------------------------------ Message-Id: Date: Fri, 26 Jun 98 16:06 EDT From: kbrodbec@remcen.ehhs.cmich.edu (Kirsten Brodbeck) Subject: Re: Non-TMBG: Conan and Musicality >On another note... >how many people on the list play an instrument or are in a band, school >or recreational? I play the flute and piccolo, and I was in marching band in highschool - I'll most likely be in all sorts of bands at Kalamazoo College in the fall. :) I also play the electric guitar, quite badly I may add, but I have fun with it. Right now I'm at second-guitar-for-a-mediocre-punk-band level, which probably tells you something. ;) But I'm learning how to play "The Devil Went Down to Newport." Woo hoo! Kirsten -- [][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][] "And she said losing love is like a window in your heart Everybody sees you're blown apart..." - Paul Simon "Graceland" Kirsten Brodbeck AKA Crow kbrodbec@remcen.ehhs.cmich.edu ------------------------------ Message-ID: <3593C7FE.E217D5A0@tmbg.org> Date: Fri, 26 Jun 1998 16:10:42 +0000 From: "Chris \"Feeny\" Campbell" Subject: Re: TMBG: Fuc*ed up and have an explanation for it >You think it's good to bash me, but it makes you look worse I wasn't going to say anything, but... When people "bash" you, no matter how deep the swaring or insults, I think they are just teaching you a lesson and you should take what ever they throw at you as punishment. I have in the past posted crap to the list, gotten my share of hate mail, and was punished for doing it, I accepted responsibility and corrected my mistakes. You can't try to defend yourself now! It's to late, you should have though about before you started this whole mess!!! ------------------------------ Message-Id: <3.0.1.32.19980626162023.006a2770@mail.clemson.edu> Date: Fri, 26 Jun 1998 16:20:23 -0400 From: Adam Tyner Subject: Re: Non-TMBG: Conan and Musicality Well, I guess it depends on what you mean. I own a few instruments, but I can't play any of them. So far, I have a full-sized Dallape piano accordion, a Casio CTK-301 keyboard, an Epiphone Epi ES-300 electric guitar, 2 kazoos, and a slide whistle. :-) -Adam /=---------------- http://www.he-man.org/ctyner/ ----------------=\ http://www.awod.com/gallery/rwav/ctyner/ The home of He-Man, "Weird Al", Yoo-hoo, Killer Tomatoes, and more! Demented music list admin O- MiSTie #67,326 ------------------------------ From: KdsInThHal@aol.com Message-ID: <1c22d422.3594035a@aol.com> Date: Fri, 26 Jun 1998 16:23:53 EDT Subject: Re: NON TMBG: Fucked up and have an explanation for it In a message dated 6/26/98 1:53:45 PM, dilbert_2000@hotmail.com wrote: >I see you people aren't very respectful of the dead. err.. you weren't *dead*. I never believed it for a minute.. you expected us *all* to buy it? but you still wanted us to "be respectful"? i don't get it.. sarah ------------------------------ Subject: Re: TMBG: Fucked up and have an explanation for it Message-ID: <19980626.163353.4030.0.Superman75@juno.com> From: superman75@juno.com (Adam Schaaf) Date: Fri, 26 Jun 1998 16:37:15 EDT >For the rest of you, and myself, have >we all forgotten what we signed onto this list for in the first >place???? hello, pot? this is kettle. your black. adam schaaf. _____________________________________________________________________ You don't need to buy Internet access to use free Internet e-mail. Get completely free e-mail from Juno at http://www.juno.com Or call Juno at (800) 654-JUNO [654-5866] ------------------------------ From: KdsInThHal@aol.com Message-ID: <1418b333.35940967@aol.com> Date: Fri, 26 Jun 1998 16:49:42 EDT Subject: Re: Re: NON TMBG: Fucked up and have an explanation for it *A*pologies to the rest of you, as I need to get in my 2 cents. In a message dated 6/26/98 3:50:40 PM, dilbert_2000@hotmail.com wrote: >sence sense. >For the rest of you, and myself, have >we all forgotten what we signed onto this list for in the first >place???? apparently you have. >You think it's good to bash me, but it makes you look worse, >when I opologize apologize. but actually, you didn't. what you posted was a phony excuse for a "joke" that backfired on you. and apparently you still don't get it. and people are *going* to be replying to you, whether you like it or not to inform you of this. aside from that excuse, what you have been posting instead of plain old "i'm sorry" messages is, *whining* and basically, attempting to degrade people who, basically, think your "joke" sucked (oh, and also posting *files* to the list which screwed several people up and therefore could not download their daily TMBG digest). > and say I'd like to get on with tmbg posting. Come on, >you guys are waisting time. wasting. not waisting. a waist is a part of the body. how old are you? and regarding the "wasting time" - did you expect no one to reply to your little death hoax? or, if people actually *believed* it (and actually *cared*) and posted "oh no!" - that wouldn't be wasting time, would it? looks like you're not cut out to be a scientist. scientists have to take the outcome of their experiments and deal with it. not throw a hissy fit if they get undesirable results. >and Can't we all get along? Go back and read some of your posts (mostly the recent ones) archived over on tmbg.org. read them twice if you need to. then try to answer this question yourself. > I've already admited >to my mistakes. Come on, for God's sake. that's a cop out there. (especially since i'm an atheist:)) >What have we become. we've become responsive. >Now, does >anyone know if They're touring in the VA area? not if They've read any of your posts.. sarah http://lava.home.ml.org ------------------------------ From: DrWormX@aol.com Message-ID: Date: Fri, 26 Jun 1998 16:48:23 EDT Subject: Re: TMBG: explanation for it the reason we didn't have any respect for the dead, because the more intelligent of us knew you were lying, and just acting like an idiot. Also, quit trying to play off yout stupidity by saying it was an "experiment". Everyone knows you are a lying fool, and now any respect anyone had for you has dominished to nil. Also, no one's saying that "we don't care". The fact is that we care very much. The thing we care so much about is your moronic tendencies. I know that I've probably been the head of the "Dilbert 2000 bashing", but I don't regret what I've done at all. I know that more people than not have totally agreed with me, and if he continues to act this way, I will continue to bash him. That is all... Matt-- doesn't regret a thing You're really alive when you wish you were dead. And there isn't a god, or a heaven or hell, life's a little old apple and a William Tell ------------------------------ Date: Fri, 26 Jun 1998 13:50:57 -0700 (PDT) From: leonard helfgott Subject: Re: TMBG: Fucked up and have an explanation for it Message-ID: I think that you can't really expect for everyone to just forgive you for using us all in a psych experiment, once people get really mad, you can't just say sorry and they will forgive you. Some of the people on this list (no offense to anyone) might be seperated from reality a little bit, but this still isn't some 50's sitcom. If you've learned your lesson, great, but we won't forget about it for awhile. Jon "I hope other people on the list agree with me" Helfgott ------------------------------ Date: Fri, 26 Jun 1998 13:52:25 -0700 (PDT) From: leonard helfgott Subject: Re: TMBG: Fucked up and have an explanation for it Message-ID: the other way to find out about whether they're touring in VA is to go to the website that has the tour dates! ------------------------------ Date: Fri, 26 Jun 1998 13:53:42 -0700 (PDT) From: leonard helfgott Subject: Re: TMBG: Fucked up and have an explanation for it Message-ID: excuse me for this pointless message, but right on! On Fri, 26 Jun 1998, Adam Schaaf wrote: > >For the rest of you, and myself, have > >we all forgotten what we signed onto this list for in the first > >place???? > > hello, pot? this is kettle. your black. > > adam schaaf. > > _____________________________________________________________________ > You don't need to buy Internet access to use free Internet e-mail. > Get completely free e-mail from Juno at http://www.juno.com > Or call Juno at (800) 654-JUNO [654-5866] > ------------------------------ End of tmbg-list Digest #7-28 *****************************