Errors-To: owner-tmbg-digest@tmbg.org Reply-To: tmbg-digest@tmbg.org Sender: owner-tmbg-digest@tmbg.org Precedence: bulk From: owner-tmbg-digest@tmbg.org To: tmbg-digest@tmbg.org Subject: tmbg-list Digest #7-29 tmbg-list Digest, Volume 7, Number 29 Monday, 29 June 1998 Today's Topics: Re: Non-TMBG: Conan and Musicality Re: Non-TMBG: Conan and Musicality Re: TMBG: Fucked up and have an explanation for it Re: TMBG: Fuc*ed up and have an explanation for it Re: NON TMBG: Fucked up and have an explanation for it Re: NON TMBG: woo hoo! Re: TMBG: Fuc*ed up and have an explanation for it Re: Non-TMBG: Conan and Musicality Re: TMBG: Fucked up and have an explanation for it TMBG: IFTS lyrics TMBG: blank subject line Re:Non-TMBG: Gemm Music Store Re: TMBG: blank subject line TMBG: Lets seek the Johns advice! Re: TMBG: Fucked up and have an explanation for it TMBG: Jeez... non-TMBG: my new web site!! TMBG: and the number one is... Re: TMBG: Fuc*ed up and have an explanation for it Re: TMBG: Jeez... TMBG: Re: Jeez Fw: TMBG: Jeez... TMBG: back to tmbg....TMBG ON THE RADIO!!!??? Re: TMBG: back to tmbg....TMBG ON THE RADIO!!!??? Re: TMBG: back to tmbg....TMBG ON THE RADIO!!!??? Re:Non-TMBG: Gemm Music Store Re: Non-TMBG: Conan and Musicality 1/3 TMBG: Happy Post (much needed) Re: 1/3 TMBG: Happy Post (much needed) Re: NON TMBG: Fucked up and have an explanation for it Re: 1/3 TMBG: Happy Post (much needed) Re: 1/3 TMBG: Happy Post (much needed) Re: 1/3 TMBG: Happy Post (much needed) Re: TMBG: The World's Address and Improv Re: TMBG: back to tmbg....TMBG ON THE RADIO!!!??? TMBG: TMBG - Li'l more STD info. TMBG: People Bashing TMBG - - Sort of Long TMBG: Re: Jeez Re: TMBG: TMBG - Li'l more STD info. Re: Fw: TMBG: Jeez... Re: TMBG: back to tmbg....TMBG ON THE RADIO!!!??? Re: TMBG: TMBG - Li'l more STD info. non-TMBG: Fan Geography Re: 1/3 TMBG: Happy Post (much needed) Re: TMBG: TMBG - Li'l more STD info. TMBG: Dr. Worm 1/3 TMBG: Happy Post (much needed) TMBG: Dirty Three Really NON TMBG: Hate Re: 1/3 TMBG: Happy Post (much needed) Re: Really NON TMBG: Hate Re: Really NON TMBG: Hate Re: Really NON TMBG: Hate Administrivia: If you wish to unsubscribe from this mailing send mail to tmbg-digest-request@tmbg.org for instructions on how to be automatically removed. --------------------------------------------------------------------- The views expressed herein are those of the individual authors. --------------------------------------------------------------------- tmbg-list is digested with Digest 3.5b (John Relph ). ---------------------------------------------------------------------- Date: Fri, 26 Jun 1998 17:03:44 -0500 (CDT) From: Bill Tatalovich Subject: Re: Non-TMBG: Conan and Musicality Message-ID: > On another note... > how many people on the list play an instrument or are in a band, school > or recreational? Well, I play trumpet, trombone, tuba, baritone, guitar (although I'm awful), electric bass....and now the electric triangle!! Anyway, no band membership as of now...planning on getting some electronic group together with a couple of friends when we all return from summer break. Perhaps we'll do some trance remixes of "Your Racist Friend" or something like that. Anyway....again I plead with y'all....cut it out. I'm not here to see the public flogging of Sr. Josh...I'm here for the same reason we all are (hopefully). Want to flame him? Go ahead...I don't want to read it, though. Reverend Bill Tatalovich wt3@cec.wustl.edu personnel@kwur.wustl.edu np: BT--Ima (go Tori...) ------------------------------ Message-ID: <19980626221857.20639.rocketmail@web4.rocketmail.com> Date: Fri, 26 Jun 1998 15:18:57 -0700 (PDT) From: Danielle Gaither Subject: Re: Non-TMBG: Conan and Musicality ---Kirsten Brodbeck wrote: > I play the flute and piccolo, and I was in marching band in Woohoo! Another flute player! I was never motivated enough to do piccolo, though. Although I was first chair, there was always someone else who "really wanted to do it," so who was I to stop them? > highschool - I'll most likely be in all sorts of bands at Kalamazoo > College in the fall. :) Best of luck to you! Band is something I already miss (I graduated in May). > I also play the electric guitar, quite badly I may add, but I have > fun with it. Right now I'm at second-guitar-for-a-mediocre-punk-band > level, which probably tells you something. ;) But I'm learning how to > play "The Devil Went Down to Newport." Woo hoo! I took a guitar class, but I'm not very good. Right now I'm working on Elvis Costello's "I Want You." Over Easter break I played and sang "Alienation's for the Rich" and scared the crap out of my family. I've also dabbled with piano, bari sax, and percussion. > Kirsten Danielle, inspector over the mine === URL: http://www.geocities.com/CollegePark/1054/index.html "Should you worry when the skullhead is in front of you, or is it worse because it's always waiting where your eyes don't go?" --They Might Be Giants _________________________________________________________ DO YOU YAHOO!? Get your free @yahoo.com address at http://mail.yahoo.com ------------------------------ Message-ID: <3594304D.3A09@geocities.com> Date: Fri, 26 Jun 1998 16:35:41 -0700 From: Vladimir Drakul Subject: Re: TMBG: Fucked up and have an explanation for it Josh Buckland wrote: > > Well, I've decided to research how bad news that can't be proved > affects people. Insted of going different people to experiment, I > thought of you guys. I could just type a paragraph, and instatly I have > some 20 responces. Don't mean to come off as an ass-hole, but if I told > you, I damn well wouldn't get a very realistic responce, would I????? > You guys were very helpful. Except Squid Guy. I couldn't tell if he took > it seriously. I see you people aren't very respectful of the dead. Respectful of the dead? No. This is bullshit. I wasn't expecting this to be real, I thought you were covering up for the fact you wanted to leave the list. Well, it turns out you were just "Running an experiment." Why didn't you put a funeral notice in the paper for someone who didn't exist? Then just attend the funeral, and see what people do about it? If you're looking for respect of the dead, look at the post to the list about the death of our FRIEND, Buster T. Bunny, who fatally wrecked his car after wiping it out on a bad road. He DID die, and people on the List mourned him for about a week. Faking your death without a really fucking good reason is stupid, buddy. > Sorry, but I have a tendency to misword things, and then notice it only when > it's too late. Oh yeah, and the 24th really was my birthday. > "Woo-hoo!!" Wow. You die, then two days later, you're born? Cooool. -- Vladimir Drakul -- http://www.geocities.com/SiliconValley/Heights/7343/ ******************************************************************* "Is everything normal now?" "And crawling on the "Well, he hasn't got planet's face... some religious mania, and he's called the Human Race. not running around in a Lost in time, and lost circle spouting Gilbert in space... and Sullivan, so I guess ...and meaning." he's normal." ------------------------------ From: tmbgirl@juno.com Date: Fri, 26 Jun 1998 17:54:43 -0600 Subject: Re: TMBG: Fuc*ed up and have an explanation for it Message-ID: <19980626.175947.16254.7.TMBgirl@juno.com> >I have in the past posted crap to the list, gotten my share of hate >mail, >and was punished for doing it, I accepted responsibility and corrected >my >mistakes. heh, i feel the same way about this dilbert dude as i did with you in the begining with all that "i'm talking to flansburgh" crap... i guess it just goes to show that all newbies learn eventually... let's just give this josh dude a chance to shut up for a while (hint hint winky winky... don't post as much anymore) and maybe you can redeem yourself to us. take it easy, JOrdaN http://www2.netcom.com/~arnot/joda/bootlegs.html " So yeah...keep on advertising your site. It gives me stuff to do when I'm really bored" _____________________________________________________________________ You don't need to buy Internet access to use free Internet e-mail. Get completely free e-mail from Juno at http://www.juno.com Or call Juno at (800) 654-JUNO [654-5866] ------------------------------ From: tmbgirl@juno.com Date: Fri, 26 Jun 1998 17:55:18 -0600 Subject: Re: NON TMBG: Fucked up and have an explanation for it Message-ID: <19980626.175947.16254.8.TMBgirl@juno.com> all apologies... >>I see you people aren't very respectful of the dead. > > >err.. you weren't *dead*. I never believed it for a minute.. you >expected us >*all* to buy it? but you still wanted us to "be respectful"? i don't >get it.. why would i respect someone i regard as an asshole? you post to teh list dissing an excellent band and expect me to have respect for you because you're dead? bud, you gotta learn a lil bit about life (and death). if you're an asshole while you're living no one's gonna care if you're dead... which none of us did. i'm not gonna go so far as to say we were glad but i was looking forward to getting about 20 fewer bullshit messages in my box each day. (heh, as i post like my 3rd message of the day...ah, i love being a hypocrite) :) >>Now, does >>anyone know if They're touring in the VA area? > >not if They've read any of your posts.. hah... i'm rotflmao over that one :) thanks for making this thread at least somewhat amusing :D take it easy, JOrdaN http://www2.netcom.com/~arnot/joda/bootlegs.html " So yeah...keep on advertising your site. It gives me stuff to do when I'm really bored" _____________________________________________________________________ You don't need to buy Internet access to use free Internet e-mail. Get completely free e-mail from Juno at http://www.juno.com Or call Juno at (800) 654-JUNO [654-5866] ------------------------------ Date: Fri, 26 Jun 1998 19:13:10 -0500 (CDT) From: Bill Tatalovich Subject: Re: NON TMBG: woo hoo! Message-ID: On Fri, 26 Jun 1998 tmbgirl@juno.com wrote: > take it easy, JOrdaN > http://www2.netcom.com/~arnot/joda/bootlegs.html > " So yeah...keep on advertising your site. It gives me > stuff to do when I'm really bored" Woo hoo! I've made it far enough up the ladder on this listserv that I'm being quoted in people's sigs!!! Thanks Jordan....you just absolutely made my day. |~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~| | Reverend Bill Tatalovich | | | | wt3@cec.wustl.edu | | personnel@kwur.wustl.edu | | | ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ ------------------------------ Date: Fri, 26 Jun 1998 19:17:24 -0500 (CDT) From: Robin Subject: Re: TMBG: Fuc*ed up and have an explanation for it Message-ID: in defence of all the newbies...we are not all stuipd. quiet yes, stupid no. Robin On Fri, 26 Jun 1998 tmbgirl@juno.com wrote: > > heh, i feel the same way about this dilbert dude as i did with you in the > begining with all that "i'm talking to flansburgh" crap... > i guess it just goes to show that all newbies learn eventually... let's ------------------------------ Date: Fri, 26 Jun 1998 17:56:17 -0700 (PDT) From: leonard helfgott Subject: Re: Non-TMBG: Conan and Musicality Message-ID: I play piano, saxophone, clarinet, flute, trombone, guitar, bass guitar, oboe, and drums, in school band, and in 6 recreational bands (although I live in Washington state, and they all live in Boston) ------------------------------ Message-ID: <19980627012855.6948.qmail@hotmail.com> From: "Jason F." Subject: Re: TMBG: Fucked up and have an explanation for it Date: Fri, 26 Jun 1998 18:28:54 PDT >have >we all forgotten what we signed onto this list for in the first >place???? Just out of curiosity, what would your reason for joining the list be? So far you have posted useless information that you really should have guessed we would know by now, insulted the band, and orchestrated some pointless, ignorant, and unconvincing "experiment". >I see you people aren't very respectful of the dead. I seriously doubt anyone really thought you were dead. What I call disrespect for the dead is pretending you ARE dead. Look bud, you brought this upon yourself. You should have known this would happen, in fact you probably expected it to happen. In my opinion, you saw that everyone was getting on your case so you decided to really piss everyone off by doing something that breached not only your previous levels of ignorance, but also morality in general. If you really want to end the controversy, then end it by dropping the subject. Every post you send trying to end the argument just postpones things, and you know it. (quoting someone else now): >you post to teh list >dissing an excellent band and expect me to have respect for you >because >you're dead? Not to defend dilbert or anything, but is that really reason enough to disrespect the dead? Because they dissed your band? Maybe it just came out wrong... --Jason Fickley, who wants to listen to some TMBG to relieve the stress of the TMBG mailing list-- "Hot Cha, where are you? Everybody's eyes are closed." -They Might Be Giants ______________________________________________________ Get Your Private, Free Email at http://www.hotmail.com ------------------------------ From: gmn7y@uva.pcmail.virginia.edu Date: Fri, 26 Jun 1998 21:39:39 -0400 (EDT) Message-Id: <199806270139.VAA26626@uva.pcmail.virginia.edu> Subject: TMBG: IFTS lyrics Can someone direct me to a URL with It's Fun to Steal lyrics? Thanks. Greg ------------------------------ Message-Id: <3.0.5.32.19980626211936.00848b70@email.psu.edu> Date: Fri, 26 Jun 1998 21:19:36 -0400 From: "J. L. Moquin" Subject: TMBG: blank subject line To all the friends of Joshua, Unfortunatly, I shot Joshua in the head lastnight, on my birthday. It was a spacial treat to myself. I normaly would be in Aruba, but in his murder note he requested you be informed at this address. I could not have brought myself to kill him, but it was at your request, so I'm trying to do this without busting out laughing. Regretfuly, Jennifer Moquin P.S. This is real, and not an experiment, so don't think it's an experiment or you'll screw it ALL UP!!! ------------------------------ Subject: Re:Non-TMBG: Gemm Music Store Message-ID: <19980626.215125.8303.0.captainmarvel2@juno.com> From: captainmarvel2@juno.com (Derek A Klein) Date: Fri, 26 Jun 1998 21:52:30 EDT Hello. Does anyone know the e-mail address for the on-line music store "Gemm"? Thanks. Derek "Egad, a base tone denotes a bad age" _____________________________________________________________________ You don't need to buy Internet access to use free Internet e-mail. Get completely free e-mail from Juno at http://www.juno.com Or call Juno at (800) 654-JUNO [654-5866] ------------------------------ Date: Fri, 26 Jun 1998 19:46:17 -0700 (PDT) From: leonard helfgott Subject: Re: TMBG: blank subject line Message-ID: I was just wondering, what the hell is this shit? ------------------------------ Message-ID: <35945E74.2370CCC4@home.com> Date: Fri, 26 Jun 1998 19:52:36 -0700 From: NICHOLAS JANSSEN Organization: @Home Network Subject: TMBG: Lets seek the Johns advice! Lets seek the Johns advice! Josh Buckland: You can't shake the devils hand and say your only kidding! ------------------------------ Message-Id: Date: Fri, 26 Jun 98 22:54 EDT From: kbrodbec@remcen.ehhs.cmich.edu (Kirsten Brodbeck) Subject: Re: TMBG: Fucked up and have an explanation for it I am not really suggesting that your letter could >have had the potential to spurn copycat suicides, rather that people who >have know suicidal people, or have had friends or family that have killed >themselves would be instantly reminded of their painful loss. Thank you, Olivia. You said just want I wanted to. Kirsten -- [][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][] "And she said losing love is like a window in your heart Everybody sees you're blown apart..." - Paul Simon "Graceland" Kirsten Brodbeck AKA Crow kbrodbec@remcen.ehhs.cmich.edu ------------------------------ Message-ID: <000b01bda177$b8613380$0c2c3ccc@blatz> From: "Johann D. Beheader" Subject: TMBG: Jeez... Date: Fri, 26 Jun 1998 23:00:16 -0400 Hey...Matt, Jordan...take it easy... Too much trouble to skip a few messages? Just point them to the faq...no big deal. -fred [Attachment omitted, unknown MIME type or encoding (text/html)] ------------------------------ Date: Fri, 26 Jun 1998 22:02:23 -0500 (CDT) From: Bill Tatalovich Subject: non-TMBG: my new web site!! Message-ID: Hey everyone-- I just wanted to take a moment to advertise my web site. A couple of people already have seen it, but I figured I would let everyone know that it's up and running. So, if y'all can tear yourselves away from flames for a moment, feel free to stop by feedback for toddlers at http://students.cec.wustl.edu/~wt3/ Any opinions as to the site will be happily accepted. All right, I'm outta here. |~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~| | Reverend Bill Tatalovich | | | | wt3@cec.wustl.edu | | personnel@kwur.wustl.edu | | | | http://students.cec.wustl.edu/~wt3/ | ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ np: Versus--Two Cents Plus Tax ------------------------------ Message-ID: <359461AC.E0D88593@home.com> Date: Fri, 26 Jun 1998 20:06:22 -0700 From: NICHOLAS JANSSEN Organization: @Home Network Subject: TMBG: and the number one is... Top Ten TMBG related Email addresses eon would NOT want to have. Number 10! - YourRacistFriend@dilbert_2000.gov I thought this would be fun. Do you have any ideas? (does not have to deal with Joshua Buckland, I just thought I would twist the dagger a bit. hee hee) ------------------------------ Message-Id: Date: Fri, 26 Jun 98 23:12 EDT From: kbrodbec@remcen.ehhs.cmich.edu (Kirsten Brodbeck) Subject: Re: TMBG: Fuc*ed up and have an explanation for it > >in defence of all the newbies...we are not all stuipd. quiet yes, stupid >no. > >Robin (Kirsten gives Robin a big hug and a noogie) Sorry guys, had to do my "I Heart Newbies" deed of the day. ;) Kirsten -- [][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][] "And she said losing love is like a window in your heart Everybody sees you're blown apart..." - Paul Simon "Graceland" Kirsten Brodbeck AKA Crow kbrodbec@remcen.ehhs.cmich.edu ------------------------------ Message-Id: Date: Fri, 26 Jun 98 23:16 EDT From: kbrodbec@remcen.ehhs.cmich.edu (Kirsten Brodbeck) Subject: Re: TMBG: Jeez... >Hey...Matt, Jordan...take it easy... >Too much trouble to skip a few messages? >Just point them to the faq...no big deal. >-fred Is there anything in the FAQ about pretending to be dead? Maybe there should be... Kirsten -- [][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][] "And she said losing love is like a window in your heart Everybody sees you're blown apart..." - Paul Simon "Graceland" Kirsten Brodbeck AKA Crow kbrodbec@remcen.ehhs.cmich.edu ------------------------------ From: DrWormX@aol.com Message-ID: Date: Fri, 26 Jun 1998 23:20:38 EDT Subject: TMBG: Re: Jeez what is this refering to exactly? directing someone to the FAQ will not stop them from being an idiot. It also will not stop them from posting horribly moronic jokes to this list. Matt --still doesn't regret a thing You're really alive when you wish you were dead. And there isn't a god, or a heaven or hell, life's a little old apple and a William Tell ------------------------------ Message-ID: <000401bda17b$28bd8400$0c2c3ccc@blatz> From: "Johann D. Beheader" Subject: Fw: TMBG: Jeez... Date: Fri, 26 Jun 1998 23:24:38 -0400 -----Original Message----- From: DrWormX@aol.com To: MrBlender@tmbg.org Date: Friday, June 26, 1998 11:14 Evening Subject: Re: TMBG: Jeez... >what is this refering to exactly? directing someone to the FAQ will not stop >them from being an idiot. It also will not stop them from posting horribly >moronic jokes to this list. > >Matt --still doesn't regret a thing >You're really alive when you wish you were dead. And there isn't a god, or a >heaven or hell, life's a little old apple and a William Tell Moronic in your opinion. Stupid in your opinion. I'd rather people not insult each other over the list. Learn to deal with the occasional bad joke, okay? It's not your place to tell people what they can post and what they can't. Just skip it..it's not like they're shouting in your face... Take it easy, -fred ------------------------------ Message-ID: <35946748.6B897262@stlmo.com> Date: Fri, 26 Jun 1998 22:30:16 -0500 From: "Zoo Laaa, King of the icky poos" Organization: Bob's Freezed dried onions Subject: TMBG: back to tmbg....TMBG ON THE RADIO!!!??? For anyone out there in St. Louis i'm sure your familiar with 105.7 the point....they are really good at playing irritating popular music....well....today on a thing they call 'the cage match'...(its a contest where they play two songs....people vote on which one is better...the winner goes on to the next day..blah blah blah..)....well...it was some everclear song ...didn't sound all exciting so i changed the station....came back to 'the point' a few minutes later and i about peed in my pants....Dr Worm??????....wheeee!.....So this means that the single is out there i guess.....or just radio stations have it...........but...TMBG lost to everclear and i probably wont hear this version of it again till the cd comes out.... Also....a local college station 89.5 played three tmbg songs in a row the other day.......spider..hello radio...and the guitar.....never have i heard so much tmbg on the radio here in St. louis....heh...oh well... ....i just realized that this was my longest post ever onto the list out of the maybe 4 or 5 i've posted in the last 1 and a half years....kay...i'll shut up now... "hi...st louis is boring" -tim ------------------------------ Date: Fri, 26 Jun 1998 22:47:34 -0500 (CDT) From: Bill Tatalovich Subject: Re: TMBG: back to tmbg....TMBG ON THE RADIO!!!??? Message-ID: On Fri, 26 Jun 1998, Zoo Laaa, King of the icky poos wrote: > For anyone out there in St. Louis i'm sure your familiar with 105.7 the > point....they are really good at playing irritating popular music... I'll agree with that one... > exciting so i changed the station....came back to 'the point' a few > minutes later and i about peed in my pants....Dr Worm????? Duh.....[Bill stares in disbelief]. This is both good and bad for me. Good, because it's getting airplay, which is great. Bad, because our radio station (KWUR 90.3 FM, also in St. Louis) can't play it now....we have this policy against playing stuff that is played on commercial radio. > Also....a local college station 89.5 played three tmbg songs in a row > the other day.......spider..hello radio...and the guitar.....never have > i heard so much tmbg on the radio here in St. louis....heh...oh well... Tim....you must listen to my show on KWUR (if you can...our radius is awful...but we're on the web, doing real audio!!). I, too, am amazed at the sheer amound of TMBG playing around St. Louis as of late. Wow. > "hi...st louis is boring" Nah...it's just boring if you're under 21. So yeah, it's boring, I guess. But its a hell of a lot better than Dayton, Ohio, I'll give you that. Woo hoo! St. Louis TMBG-er count is up to three!!! |~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~| | Reverend Bill Tatalovich | | | | wt3@cec.wustl.edu | | personnel@kwur.wustl.edu | | | | http://students.cec.wustl.edu/~wt3/ | ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ ------------------------------ Message-ID: <19980627050214.26769.qmail@hotmail.com> From: "shannon schipper" Subject: Re: TMBG: back to tmbg....TMBG ON THE RADIO!!!??? Date: Fri, 26 Jun 1998 22:02:13 PDT >For anyone out there in St. Louis i'm sure your familiar with 105.7 the >point....they are really good at playing irritating popular >music... heh, i've actually stopped listening to the Point for that reason. they really piss me off. especially since the Johns have played practically every PointFest, and They *still* don't get airplay from the damn station. 93.3 plays TMBG, even though that's only between 11PM and 3AM, but it's still better than 105.7, who haven't yet figured out how to play anything besides Green Day and Nirvana...... has the Point even said anything about the next Fest? i'm praying that They'll be there again.... well, anyways, this was just kind of pointless ranting. sorry 'bout that. love, shannon, (unfortunately) a fellow St. Louisan ______________________________________________________ Get Your Private, Free Email at http://www.hotmail.com ------------------------------ Message-Id: <3.0.1.32.19980627013002.006a31b4@mail.clemson.edu> Date: Sat, 27 Jun 1998 01:30:02 -0400 From: Adam Tyner Subject: Re:Non-TMBG: Gemm Music Store At 09:52 PM 6/26/98 EDT, Derek A Klein wrote: >Hello. Does anyone know the e-mail address for the on-line music store >"Gemm"? Thanks. Maybe webmaster@gemm.com? Bear in mind that GEMM isn't a music store, though - it's just a listing of the contents of a number of different on-line stores. /=---------------- http://www.he-man.org/ctyner/ ----------------=\ http://www.awod.com/gallery/rwav/ctyner/ The home of He-Man, "Weird Al", Yoo-hoo, Killer Tomatoes, and more! Demented music list admin O- MiSTie #67,326 ------------------------------ Message-ID: Date: Sat, 27 Jun 1998 01:40:30 -0400 (EDT) From: Lawrence P Solomon Subject: Re: Non-TMBG: Conan and Musicality Excerpts from internet.music.tmbg: 26-Jun-98 Non-TMBG: Conan and Musicality by Lynne@stlnet.com > On another note... > how many people on the list play an instrument or are in a band, school > or recreational? ooh, ooh! I play accordion, piano/keyboard, and guitar (but I suck at guitar) and I sing... I also do MIDI sequencing of TMBG songs, some of which are probably floating around the net (Metal Detector, The Statue Got Me High, Rhythm Section Want Ad, Where Your Eyes Don't Go, Rest Awhile, and Dr. Worm (full version) are probably out there...) using said MIDI files, I mute out a part (usually accordion) and play it and sing the vocals. an example (three examples) of this can be found at http://www.contrib.andrew.cmu.edu/~lps/songs I did She's Actual Size just to see how it would turn out, and I really liked the result, which is why it's up there (but not quite accurate to the original, because I couuldn't figure out all the chords) soon I'll try to get a song up there where I'm playing guitar... perhaps Ana Ng... or First Kiss... Lawrence Solomon http://www.contrib.andrew.cmu.edu/~lps/ lps@andrew.cmu.edu "Everything sticks until it goes away, * This space inadvertently And the truth is we don't know anything." -TMBG * left blank. ------------------------------ From: gray42@juno.com Date: Sat, 27 Jun 1998 02:36:08 -0400 Subject: 1/3 TMBG: Happy Post (much needed) Message-ID: <19980627.023632.4374.0.gray42@juno.com> YAY! I had such a great day today! I received 2 TMBG related things in the snail mail today, The IFTS postcard, and the Flood Album that I ordered on CD (my tape had been kinda fallin apart) and a lot of other good and happy stuff happened also, but they're all non-tmbg related. Just wanted to spread my happiness to anyone who cares to listen ;) For an unrelated thing (ha!) What is everyone going to do to celebrate X-Day, just one more week to go. Wow! What is everyone going to do to prepare for this most treasured event? And What are you sposed to do if you can't make it to the NY gathering, particularly if you're in Florida? And for another thing... I hear news that Jim Carrey will be a title star in the Hitchhiker's Guide Film, possibly directed by Tim Burton (This is officially a rumor at the moment) The movie is expected to come out in the year 2000. Does anyone else want to add their oppinions, news to this subject? Mysterio Gal (who always tries her best to keep her chin up durring hard list times) "ME NO LIKE HAMBURGER, ME WANT PEANUTBUTTER, ACTUALLY ME HATE PEANUTBUTTER TOO! ME JUST WANT HAIR!" -- Claire Monster (fully equipped with extremely loud keyboard and monster voice) ICQ# 9585405 MST3K#88182 gray42@juno.com http://www.geocities.com/SoHo/Coffeehouse/4871 The Official Project Omicrom website: www.geocities.com/SoHo/Square/9007 _____________________________________________________________________ You don't need to buy Internet access to use free Internet e-mail. Get completely free e-mail from Juno at http://www.juno.com Or call Juno at (800) 654-JUNO [654-5866] ------------------------------ From: KdsInThHal@aol.com Message-ID: <256cd020.35949a43@aol.com> Date: Sat, 27 Jun 1998 03:07:46 EDT Subject: Re: 1/3 TMBG: Happy Post (much needed) In a message dated 6/27/98 3:01:31 AM, gray42@juno.com wrote: >For an unrelated thing (ha!) What is everyone going to do to celebrate >X-Day, just one more week to go. Wow! What is everyone going to do to >prepare for this most treasured event? And What are you sposed to do if >you can't make it to the NY gathering, particularly if you're in Florida? ...what's 'X day'? sarah ------------------------------ From: gray42@juno.com Date: Sat, 27 Jun 1998 02:48:44 -0400 Subject: Re: NON TMBG: Fucked up and have an explanation for it Message-ID: <19980627.030028.4374.1.gray42@juno.com> On Fri, 26 Jun 1998 17:55:18 -0600 tmbgirl@juno.com writes: >all apologies... > >>>I see you people aren't very respectful of the dead. >> >> >>err.. you weren't *dead*. I never believed it for a minute.. you >>expected us >>*all* to buy it? but you still wanted us to "be respectful"? i don't > >>get it.. > >why would i respect someone i regard as an asshole? you post to teh >list dissing an excellent band and expect me to have respect for you >because you're dead? bud, you gotta learn a lil bit about life (and >death). if you're an asshole while you're living no one's gonna care >if you're dead... which none of us did. >i'm not gonna go so far as to say we were glad but i was looking >forward to getting about 20 fewer bullshit messages in my box each >day. >(heh, as i post like my 3rd message of the day...ah, i love being a >hypocrite) :) Don't we all "I'm proud to be a hypocrite" sung(incorrect on purpose) to the tune of "I'm proud to be an American" Heck, I'm queen of the hypocrites, my biggest hipocracy was when my straight-edge ass became a pothead/drunk 8) Oh yeah, and that time I went to see Titanic, a movie I swore not to see (no offense to Titanic fans) Or the time I bought a Beenie Baby (Ha I'll never be forgiven for that one ), oh the list goes on and on, so I'll stop and spare everybody Mysterio Gal (who sometimes gets the creepy feeling that she says way to much about herself for a person who is sposed' to be Mysterious, heh) "ME NO LIKE HAMBURGER, ME WANT PEANUTBUTTER, ACTUALLY ME HATE PEANUTBUTTER TOO! ME JUST WANT HAIR!" -- Claire Monster (fully equipped with extremely loud keyboard and monster voice) ICQ# 9585405 MST3K#88182 gray42@juno.com http://www.geocities.com/SoHo/Coffeehouse/4871 The Official Project Omicrom website: www.geocities.com/SoHo/Square/9007 ------------------------------ Message-Id: Date: Sat, 27 Jun 98 03:19 EDT From: kbrodbec@remcen.ehhs.cmich.edu (Kirsten Brodbeck) Subject: Re: 1/3 TMBG: Happy Post (much needed) >>For an unrelated thing (ha!) What is everyone going to do to celebrate >>X-Day, just one more week to go. Wow! What is everyone going to do to >>prepare for this most treasured event? And What are you sposed to do if >>you can't make it to the NY gathering, particularly if you're in Florida? > > >...what's 'X day'? I too add to Sarah's confused blinking. What, dearest, is X Day? Kirsten -- [][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][] "And she said losing love is like a window in your heart Everybody sees you're blown apart..." - Paul Simon "Graceland" Kirsten Brodbeck AKA Crow kbrodbec@remcen.ehhs.cmich.edu ------------------------------ From: gray42@juno.com Date: Sat, 27 Jun 1998 03:13:53 -0400 Subject: Re: 1/3 TMBG: Happy Post (much needed) Message-ID: <19980627.031412.4374.3.gray42@juno.com> On Sat, 27 Jun 1998 03:07:46 EDT KdsInThHal@aol.com writes: > >In a message dated 6/27/98 3:01:31 AM, gray42@juno.com wrote: > >>For an unrelated thing (ha!) What is everyone going to do to >celebrate >>X-Day, just one more week to go. Wow! What is everyone going to do >to >>prepare for this most treasured event? And What are you sposed to do >if >>you can't make it to the NY gathering, particularly if you're in >Florida? > > >...what's 'X day'? > That, my dear Sarah, is the day that the X-ist's come down from outer space in their spaceships and destroy the pinks, and all the subgeniuses turn into overmen, hope I've made things thouroghly(sp?) confusing for you :) My good friend is currently borrowing my SubGenius book, so I suggest going to www.subgenius.com, that'll give you a good idea of what X-day is Mysterio Gal (who hopes and assumes that no one on the list is a pink) "ME NO LIKE HAMBURGER, ME WANT PEANUTBUTTER, ACTUALLY ME HATE PEANUTBUTTER TOO! ME JUST WANT HAIR!" -- Claire Monster (fully equipped with extremely loud keyboard and monster voice) ICQ# 9585405 MST3K#88182 gray42@juno.com http://www.geocities.com/SoHo/Coffeehouse/4871 The Official Project Omicrom website: www.geocities.com/SoHo/Square/9007 >sarah > _____________________________________________________________________ You don't need to buy Internet access to use free Internet e-mail. Get completely free e-mail from Juno at http://www.juno.com Or call Juno at (800) 654-JUNO [654-5866] ------------------------------ Message-Id: <1.5.4.32.19980627074117.006ce3a4@cybnetonline.com> Date: Sat, 27 Jun 1998 02:41:17 -0500 From: "The Li'l Depressed Boy" Subject: Re: 1/3 TMBG: Happy Post (much needed) >For an unrelated thing (ha!) What is everyone going to do to celebrate >X-Day, just one more week to go. Wow! What is everyone going to do to >prepare for this most treasured event? And What are you sposed to do if >you can't make it to the NY gathering, particularly if you're in Florida? > Well, I myself, am not old enough to be ordained. Therefore I shall die on X-day. That's it. >And for another thing... I hear news that Jim Carrey will be a title star >in the Hitchhiker's Guide Film, possibly directed by Tim Burton (This is >officially a rumor at the moment) The movie is expected to come out in >the year 2000. Does anyone else want to add their oppinions, news to >this subject? > Jim Carey, doubt it and hope not. Tim Burton, seriously doubt it and seriously hope not. (I'm losing respect of burton, but gaining for Carey, what the hell?!?) LDB -- (this site cuts the amount of URL's I put in my Sig) My Web Page Index: http://www.cybnetonline.com/users/njack/ TMBG | D.U.M.B. NEWS | Mr. Gone Font -- Contemporary Cartoon Militia is (C) & TM 1998 S. Steven Struble and Kris W. M. Struble. The Li'l Depressed Boy, Phreeck, Spyder Hunt, and all related characters (C) & TM 1998 S. Steven Struble ------------------------------ From: Spoonerism@aol.com Message-ID: <4c069dc3.3594fbb8@aol.com> Date: Sat, 27 Jun 1998 10:03:35 EDT Subject: Re: TMBG: The World's Address and Improv << "Meta-culture references" (I think he says that anyway) i've always heard it as "i may have to contact your references"... like something in a job interview... i've always thought it was "mass culture references." who knows.>> I read somewhere that it IS "mass culture references," since the song "World's Address" is about the mass marketing that exists in today's culture. (You did know the song was about the world being as commecial as a dress, right?) <> I haven't been to too many of Their shows, but at the one I was at (1997), none of their songs sounded like they were on CD. I especially liked the version of "She's Actual Size," which featured off-tempo jazz lyrics from Flansie and some awesome jazz drumming from Dan Hickey. -CAsey ------------------------------ Message-ID: <35950C0C.2A009754@stlmo.com> Date: Sat, 27 Jun 1998 10:13:16 -0500 From: "Zoo Laaa, King of the icky poos" Organization: Bob's Freezed dried onions Subject: Re: TMBG: back to tmbg....TMBG ON THE RADIO!!!??? > >For anyone out there in St. Louis i'm sure your familiar with 105.7 the > >point....they are really good at playing irritating popular > >music... > heh, i've actually stopped listening to the Point for that reason. they > really piss me off. especially since the Johns have played practically > every PointFest, and They *still* don't get airplay from the damn > station. 93.3 plays TMBG, even though that's only between 11PM and 3AM, > but it's still better than 105.7, who haven't yet figured out how to > play anything besides Green Day and Nirvana...... > > has the Point even said anything about the next Fest? i'm praying that > They'll be there again.... EXACTLY....ugh....another thing that they do is call every concert a point concert.....every tmbg show i've been to here....im sittin there standing in line waitin for the doors to open...and here comes the point van...and parks right there in front of us....all i want to say is "why the hell are you here????".....i kinda hope tmbg arn't at the next pointfest.....i've never been to a pointfest...never want to....cuase if they do come...i just couldnt handle all the people (and the bands)........is it like this in other citys? on another note...93.3 has to be the best radio station ever.....no commercials...no dj's...no stupid morning shows...all computerized......and about 2 months ahead of 105.7 in playing songs......and all the songs they play are listed at www.knsx.com ....i just wish their antenna was closer to st louis -tim ------------------------------ Message-ID: <35951526.742@rica.net> Date: Sat, 27 Jun 1998 11:52:06 -0400 From: Joey Groah Subject: TMBG: TMBG - Li'l more STD info. Musis News of the World has a blurb about STD, including the title of an Ape song called 'This Ape's for You.' http://www.addict.com/MNOT/hifi/ then type 'they might be giants' in the 'search' box. Joey, reports of his death are sorta true ------------------------------ From: Happyfroot@aol.com Message-ID: <12135bbe.359520c6@aol.com> Date: Sat, 27 Jun 1998 12:41:40 EDT Subject: TMBG: People Bashing TMBG - - Sort of Long I think it's funny when people bash bands who often times are ignorant. I've been on this list for a while now, & come to know some of the people to an ok extent & if someone comes on the list & bashes TMBG, nothing bad will really happen to them. However, be glad this was not a Marilyn Manson list or anything, because some of those people go crazy & do stupid things like Mail Bombings or other crap. Most people on the list are pretty forgiving, except that some of them don't say these things with a sensitive attitude. I think we all also have our pet peeves (I think the Tiny Toons one is just one of those things that people are sick of hearing about on this list). Ok, as for saying "quite a bit of songs that suck." I would (if you know the names) like to tell me which songs you think suck & why you think this. Suck is a very broad term & can range from the song not being a stlye which they like to not lacking a good bassline to, well, just about anything. Oh, by the way, I get told almost constantly by people that the bands I like (including TMBG) suck. >>I DON'T SPEND EVERY WAKING HOUR WATCHING OUT FOR THEM. Check out the Giant Cam at tmbg.com, you can watch them for hours upon end! >>ARE YOU GONNA TELL YOUR THERAPIST THAT I DISSED YOUR GROUP, >>AND THAT IT HURT YOUR FEELINGS???? Yeah, I'm going to be in disarray for the rest of my life & will never be able to even move up off my chair again, if it wasn't for the fact that someone keeps moving it... >>NEXT TIME I SAY SOMETHING THAT SOUNDS DUMB, ACT LIKE YOU DIDN'T >>KNOW!!! I don't know why anyone would do this, it makes no sense, really, it doesn't. Let's say you've taken Spanish 1 & then you move to a new school & they make you take it again, you mean to tell me that you would just sit there acting as if you don't know? I think the people on this list were just trying to stop you from doing something that seems dumbs twice (even though, I may add, it might not be dumb), although maybe they could've said it nicer, I'm sure thy only meant the best. Ok, I've said my bit, now I'm done.... jason "ranting" glastetter http://www.poingly.com <~~~~crappy ad ------------------------------ From: tmbgirl@juno.com Date: Sat, 27 Jun 1998 10:40:21 -0600 Subject: TMBG: Re: Jeez Message-ID: <19980627.104729.16254.11.TMBgirl@juno.com> >what is this refering to exactly? directing someone to the FAQ will >not stop >them from being an idiot. It also will not stop them from posting >horribly >moronic jokes to this list. not to mention that i directed him to the FAQ about 7 times in personal e-mails prior to his making even more of an ass of himself with the "i'm dead" crap. take it easy, JOrdaN http://www2.netcom.com/~arnot/joda/bootlegs.html " So yeah...keep on advertising your site. It gives me stuff to do when I'm really bored" _____________________________________________________________________ You don't need to buy Internet access to use free Internet e-mail. Get completely free e-mail from Juno at http://www.juno.com Or call Juno at (800) 654-JUNO [654-5866] ------------------------------ From: tmbgirl@juno.com Date: Sat, 27 Jun 1998 10:39:59 -0600 Subject: Re: TMBG: TMBG - Li'l more STD info. Message-ID: <19980627.104729.16254.10.TMBgirl@juno.com> >Musis News of the World has a blurb about STD, including the title of >an Ape song called 'This Ape's for You.' yeah, this ape's for you is on stumpbox three... which mysteriously disappeared in the mail... when we find it tho i'll let you guys know :) take it easy, JOrdaN http://www2.netcom.com/~arnot/joda/bootlegs.html " So yeah...keep on advertising your site. It gives me stuff to do when I'm really bored" _____________________________________________________________________ You don't need to buy Internet access to use free Internet e-mail. Get completely free e-mail from Juno at http://www.juno.com Or call Juno at (800) 654-JUNO [654-5866] ------------------------------ From: DrWormX@aol.com Message-ID: Date: Sat, 27 Jun 1998 13:27:34 EDT Subject: Re: Fw: TMBG: Jeez... I still don't know what this has to do with the FAQ... Matt --? You're really alive when you wish you were dead. And there isn't a god, or a heaven or hell, life's a little old apple and a William Tell ------------------------------ Message-ID: <19980627181746.27675.qmail@hotmail.com> From: "shannon schipper" Subject: Re: TMBG: back to tmbg....TMBG ON THE RADIO!!!??? Date: Sat, 27 Jun 1998 11:17:45 PDT >.....i kinda hope tmbg arn't at the next pointfest.....i've never >been to a pointfest...never want to....cuase if they do come...i just >couldnt handle all the people (and the bands)........is it like this in >other citys? i've only been to PF4, but my wonderful brother went to one of the Fests which the Johns played (which just happened to be on my birthday, but he was just to cool to take his kid sister. but not that i'm bitter, nooooo, not me...never...), and i believe that's where They started MO's biggest conga line, or something to that affect. i don't know. i didn't get to be there!!! so despite all the annoying mainstream bands they have there, i'd still go, seeing as how i've never had the joys of seeing Them... ***sniff*** >on another note...93.3 has to be the best radio station ever.....no >commercials...no dj's...no stupid morning shows...all >computerized......and about 2 months ahead of 105.7 in playing >songs......and all the songs they play are listed at www.knsx.com ....i >just wish their antenna was closer to st louis damn skippy! and yet the Point dj's always say "you heard it first on the Point" and all that shit. now *that* makes me angry..... love, shannon, the pointless ranter ______________________________________________________ Get Your Private, Free Email at http://www.hotmail.com ------------------------------ From: KdsInThHal@aol.com Message-ID: Date: Sat, 27 Jun 1998 14:19:29 EDT Subject: Re: TMBG: TMBG - Li'l more STD info. In a message dated 6/27/98 11:57:10 AM, jgroah@rica.net wrote: >Musis News of the World has a blurb about STD, including the title of >an Ape song called 'This Ape's for You.' >http://www.addict.com/MNOT/hifi/ then type 'they might be giants' in >the 'search' box. i did a search and the most recent article it pulled up was from 1/98... sarah ------------------------------ Message-Id: <3.0.5.32.19980627191223.007f0100@pop3.demon.co.uk> Date: Sat, 27 Jun 1998 19:12:23 +0100 From: The Larsons Subject: non-TMBG: Fan Geography Home: Harrogate, N Yorks, UK I haven't seen anyone else from here on the list either! School: Long ago and far away ... * ------------------------------ Larson Family Web Page: http://www.larson4.demon.co.uk * ------------------------------ ------------------------------ Message-Id: Date: Sat, 27 Jun 98 14:31 EDT From: kbrodbec@remcen.ehhs.cmich.edu (Kirsten Brodbeck) Subject: Re: 1/3 TMBG: Happy Post (much needed) >Jim Carey, doubt it and hope not. Tim Burton, seriously doubt it and >seriously hope not. (I'm losing respect of burton, but gaining for Carey, >what the hell?!?) I dunno, I've heard from another email list that Carrey is going to be "starring" (whether he's playing Arthur, Ford, or someone else, no one knows), and I for one think he'd be an excellent Arthur or Ford. He definitely has some Arthur-like qualities in "The Truman Show," I'd say. And I think Tim Burton as a director could do it justice, but I'd probably prefer Terry Gilliam, as I usually prefer him above all things. ;) Kirsten -- [][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][] "And she said losing love is like a window in your heart Everybody sees you're blown apart..." - Paul Simon "Graceland" Kirsten Brodbeck AKA Crow kbrodbec@remcen.ehhs.cmich.edu ------------------------------ Message-ID: <35953D3F.53BC@rica.net> Date: Sat, 27 Jun 1998 14:43:11 -0400 From: Joey Groah Subject: Re: TMBG: TMBG - Li'l more STD info. KdsInThHal@aol.com wrote: > > In a message dated 6/27/98 11:57:10 AM, jgroah@rica.net wrote: > > >Musis News of the World has a blurb about STD, including the title of > >an Ape song called 'This Ape's for You.' > >http://www.addict.com/MNOT/hifi/ then type 'they might be giants' in > >the 'search' box. > > i did a search and the most recent article it pulled up was from 1/98... > > sarah D'oh! Try http://www.addict.com/MNOTW/lofi/ Sorry 'bout that and my many spelling errors. I ken spell real good sometimes. Jowey, something something ------------------------------ From: mike12da@cyberwaves.com (Mike Mcguire) Subject: TMBG: Dr. Worm Date: Sat, 27 Jun 1998 18:50:17 GMT Message-Id: <898973417@cyberwaves.com> Organization: SYNERGY RESOURCES, INC. So I'm assuming that I'm the only Person on this list that hasn't heard Dr. Worm. Why not? Where has everyone heard it? And the Planet of the Apes stuff. Probably live, huh? I know that I'm the only one in Houston. *Mike* ------------------------------ From: mike12da@cyberwaves.com (Mike Mcguire) Subject: 1/3 TMBG: Happy Post (much needed) Date: Sat, 27 Jun 1998 18:52:18 GMT Message-Id: <898973538@cyberwaves.com> Organization: SYNERGY RESOURCES, INC. -> Received: from localhost (majordom@localhost) -> by ussenterprise.ufp.org (8.8.8/8.8.7) with SMTP id CAA14914; -> Sat, 27 Jun 1998 02:53:43 -0400 (EDT) -> Received: by ussenterprise.ufp.org (bulk_mailer v1.6); Sat, 27 Jun 1998 02:53:42 -0400 -> Received: (from majordom@localhost) -> by ussenterprise.ufp.org (8.8.8/8.8.7) id CAA14903 -> for tmbg-list-outgoing; Sat, 27 Jun 1998 02:53:42 -0400 (EDT) -> Received: from m14.boston.juno.com (m14.boston.juno.com [205.231.101.193]) -> by ussenterprise.ufp.org (8.8.8/8.8.7) with ESMTP id CAA14894 -> for ; Sat, 27 Jun 1998 02:53:38 -0400 (EDT) -> From: gray42@juno.com -> Received: (from gray42@juno.com) -> by m14.boston.juno.com (queuemail) id DGQVVA57; Sat, 27 Jun 1998 02:52:54 EDT -> To: tmbg-list@tmbg.com -> Date: Sat, 27 Jun 1998 02:36:08 -0400 -> Subject: 1/3 TMBG: Happy Post (much needed) -> Message-ID: <19980627.023632.4374.0.gray42@juno.com> -> X-Mailer: Juno 1.49 -> X-Juno-Line-Breaks: 4-5,9-10,15-16,18,20,22-23,25 -> Sender: owner-tmbg-list@tmbg.org -> Reply-To: gray42@juno.com -> YAY! I had such a great day today! I received 2 TMBG related things in -> the snail mail today, The IFTS postcard, and the Flood Album that I -> ordered on CD (my tape had been kinda fallin apart) and a lot of other -> good and happy stuff happened also, but they're all non-tmbg related. -> Just wanted to spread my happiness to anyone who cares to listen ;) -> For an unrelated thing (ha!) What is everyone going to do to celebrate -> X-Day, just one more week to go. Wow! What is everyone going to do to -> prepare for this most treasured event? And What are you sposed to do if -> you can't make it to the NY gathering, particularly if you're in Florida? -> And for another thing... I hear news that Jim Carrey will be a title star -> in the Hitchhiker's Guide Film, possibly directed by Tim Burton (This is -> officially a rumor at the moment) The movie is expected to come out in -> the year 2000. Does anyone else want to add their oppinions, news to -> this subject? -> Mysterio Gal (who always tries her best to keep her chin up durring hard -> list times) -> "ME NO LIKE HAMBURGER, ME WANT PEANUTBUTTER, ACTUALLY ME HATE -> PEANUTBUTTER TOO! ME JUST WANT HAIR!" -> -- Claire Monster (fully equipped with extremely loud keyboard and -> monster voice) -> ICQ# 9585405 MST3K#88182 -> gray42@juno.com http://www.geocities.com/SoHo/Coffeehouse/4871 The -> Official Project Omicrom website: www.geocities.com/SoHo/Square/9007 -> _____________________________________________________________________ -> You don't need to buy Internet access to use free Internet e-mail. -> Get completely free e-mail from Juno at http://www.juno.com -> Or call Juno at (800) 654-JUNO [654-5866] My opinion of a Hitchhikers Guide movie is that if they do it, it better be good. I don't want to see another good book destroyed by a bad movie. *Mike* ------------------------------ From: mike12da@cyberwaves.com (Mike Mcguire) Subject: TMBG: Dirty Three Date: Sat, 27 Jun 1998 18:59:39 GMT Message-Id: <898973979@cyberwaves.com> Organization: SYNERGY RESOURCES, INC. Has anyone out there heard of the band Dirty Three? I just bought one of their albums (Horse Stories) and I'm listening to it for the first time right now, and it's really really good. Just curious to see if there's anyone else out there. *Mike* ------------------------------ Date: Sat, 27 Jun 1998 12:03:49 -0700 (PDT) From: leonard helfgott Subject: Really NON TMBG: Hate Message-ID: I recently had a bit of a debate with a friend that left me extremely interested, and I thought that I would mail the list, and see what you guys think, being smart people all of you. The debate was whether or not in a community where hate was never introduced, do you think that hate would stem, and why? If you don't want to respond given the Non TMBG subject line, don't, but I am curious to see what the general populace thinks about this. Thank you jon Helfgott ------------------------------ Message-Id: <1.5.4.32.19980627191933.006de508@cybnetonline.com> Date: Sat, 27 Jun 1998 14:19:33 -0500 From: "The Li'l Depressed Boy" Subject: Re: 1/3 TMBG: Happy Post (much needed) At 02:31 PM 6/27/98 EDT, Kirsten Brodbeck wrote: >>Jim Carey, doubt it and hope not. Tim Burton, seriously doubt it and >>seriously hope not. (I'm losing respect of burton, but gaining for Carey, >>what the hell?!?) > > I dunno, I've heard from another email list that Carrey is going >to be "starring" (whether he's playing Arthur, Ford, or someone else, no >one knows), and I for one think he'd be an excellent Arthur or Ford. He >definitely has some Arthur-like qualities in "The Truman Show," I'd say. >And I think Tim Burton as a director could do it justice, but I'd probably >prefer Terry Gilliam, as I usually prefer him above all things. ;) > Number one, I never trust anything on an E-mail list. #2 isn't Arthur british? I don't want it to be screwed up to make it "viewable" for americans. LDB -- (this site cuts the amount of URL's I put in my Sig) My Web Page Index: http://www.cybnetonline.com/users/njack/ TMBG | D.U.M.B. NEWS | Mr. Gone Font -- Contemporary Cartoon Militia is (C) & TM 1998 S. Steven Struble and Kris W. M. Struble. The Li'l Depressed Boy, Phreeck, Spyder Hunt, and all related characters (C) & TM 1998 S. Steven Struble ------------------------------ Message-Id: <1.5.4.32.19980627192556.006d5334@cybnetonline.com> Date: Sat, 27 Jun 1998 14:25:56 -0500 From: "The Li'l Depressed Boy" Subject: Re: Really NON TMBG: Hate At 12:03 PM 6/27/98 -0700, leonard helfgott wrote: >I recently had a bit of a debate with a friend that left me extremely >interested, and I thought that I would mail the list, and see what you >guys think, being smart people all of you. The debate was whether or not >in a community where hate was never introduced, do you think that hate >would stem, and why? If you don't want to respond given the Non TMBG >subject line, don't, but I am curious to see what the general populace >thinks about this. Thank you > My personal oppinion, yes. There would be a void. Nature has a way of filling voids. The End. LDB -- (this site cuts the amount of URL's I put in my Sig) My Web Page Index: http://www.cybnetonline.com/users/njack/ TMBG | D.U.M.B. NEWS | Mr. Gone Font -- Contemporary Cartoon Militia is (C) & TM 1998 S. Steven Struble and Kris W. M. Struble. The Li'l Depressed Boy, Phreeck, Spyder Hunt, and all related characters (C) & TM 1998 S. Steven Struble ------------------------------ From: KdsInThHal@aol.com Message-ID: <7ede8347.35954aba@aol.com> Date: Sat, 27 Jun 1998 15:40:41 EDT Subject: Re: Really NON TMBG: Hate In a message dated 6/27/98 3:10:48 PM, helfgott@cc.wwu.edu wrote: >I recently had a bit of a debate with a friend that left me extremely >interested, and I thought that I would mail the list, and see what you >guys think, being smart people all of you. The debate was whether or not >in a community where hate was never introduced, do you think that hate >would stem, and why? If you don't want to respond given the Non TMBG >subject line, don't, but I am curious to see what the general populace >thinks about this. Thank you I think so.. in a way. i mean, it's pretty much human nature, isn't it...? ------------------------------ Message-ID: <35957958.7160@fuse.net> Date: Sat, 27 Jun 1998 15:59:36 -0700 From: jays your one-paged dictionary Organization: dial-a-song! 718-387-6962, narrrrrrrrr! Subject: Re: Really NON TMBG: Hate leonard helfgott wrote: > > I recently had a bit of a debate with a friend that left me extremely > interested, and I thought that I would mail the list, and see what you > guys think, being smart people all of you. The debate was whether or not > in a community where hate was never introduced, do you think that hate > would stem, and why? If you don't want to respond given the Non TMBG > subject line, don't, but I am curious to see what the general populace > thinks about this. Thank you > jon Helfgott hate as an idea is not introduced until a point after which we have felt it--chilren feel hatred for others that scorn them, or who are less than they, or who have what they do not long before they can put words to what they experience. it is human nature to completely clash with an idea, to experience burning jealousy, just not to get along; all things stem from hate, and nothing can control that. it's brain chemistry, just as is love and caring. ie, they will soon realize hatred's existence. before the dawn of civilzation, hatred was present, and as the last human dies an old wrinkled bag of bones he will hold hatred for something. peace, love, and good happiness stuff, jay. -- jayhc, christopher parkening's satanic heir. e-mail: sirjamez@fuse.net, phonebook@tmbg.org aol im: SaturnChrd, PhoneBookJ irc: PhoneBook "and sadly the cross-eyed bear's been put to sleep behind the stairs, and his shoes are laced with irony." --tmbg "Hey, some people take drugs and some people like to have sex all day, I like to watch my bees as I make music, so what." --steve vai -- ------------------------------ End of tmbg-list Digest #7-29 *****************************