Errors-To: owner-tmbg-digest@tmbg.org Reply-To: tmbg-digest@tmbg.org Sender: owner-tmbg-digest@tmbg.org Precedence: bulk From: owner-tmbg-digest@tmbg.org To: tmbg-digest@tmbg.org Subject: tmbg-list Digest #7-8 tmbg-list Digest, Volume 7, Number 8 Monday, 8 June 1998 Today's Topics: Re: TMBG: Old Where Your Eyes Don't Go Interp/The Truman Show TMBG: candy butchers? TMBG: somewhat tmbg: he's bacK! Re: TMBG: somewhat tmbg: he's bacK! TMBG: brian dewan and stuff TMBG: Re: NON-TMBG [Charles Hodges & Prince] TMBG: Restless Re: Non-TMBG: he's bacK! TMBG: phone? Re: TMBG: phone? TMBG: Re: Non-tmbg: Solipism TMBG: Re: Non-tmbg: Solipism TMBG: Re: Non-tmbg: Solipism Re: Non-TMBG: STD??? STD!!!!! Re: Non-TMBG: STD??? STD!!!!! TMBG: Other 2 studio cuts? Re: TMBG: Other 2 studio cuts? Re: TMBG: Other 2 studio cuts? Re: TMBG: Other 2 studio cuts? Re: TMBG: Other 2 studio cuts? Re: TMBG: Re: Non-tmbg: Solipism Re: TMBG: Other 2 studio cuts? Re: TMBG: Other 2 studio cuts? Administrivia: If you wish to unsubscribe from this mailing send mail to tmbg-digest-request@tmbg.org for instructions on how to be automatically removed. --------------------------------------------------------------------- The views expressed herein are those of the individual authors. --------------------------------------------------------------------- tmbg-list is digested with Digest 3.5b (John Relph ). ---------------------------------------------------------------------- From: gray42@juno.com Date: Sun, 7 Jun 1998 02:42:36 -0400 Subject: Re: TMBG: Old Where Your Eyes Don't Go Interp/The Truman Show Message-ID: <19980607.024526.3310.1.gray42@juno.com> Soooooo True! Where your Eyes Don't Go should be on the Truman Show* soundtrack**, along with Once In a Life Time *on a related note, after watching the movie I discovered that my parents had been paying driving insurance for me even tho' I do not yet have a liscence or permit, and my name was listed twice, creepy eh' And everywhere I went I kept looking for movie cameras. **Am I the only person who likes to pass the time by making a appropriate soundtrack for a favorite movie by finding songs that relate and using those. Back in the day when I was obsessed with Jurassic Park, before viewing the movie, and had just started listening to the giants, I'd turn on the pink album, open up my Jurass-Has-Had-It Park issue of MAD and laugh at the caricatures that I imagined to be singing The John and John songs. Then I began thinking, gee some of the songs are quite similar to the Jurassic Park plot, I.E: Absolutely Bill's Mood relates with Ian Malcolm's mental collapse and delerium of the book. Robert Muldoon is the perfect character for Alienation for the Rich. And So On And So On, after that I started making complilation tapes, using commic books as a reference, to make the combination funnier. Well you've steped into my mind, took a quick look around and have managed to survive :) good for you! Mysterio Gal (fellow Subgenius & Happy Mutant) " Have I been there? I live there! I made The School, I am The School! Anything that goes on there, they tell me first, I'm the boss, I control what goes on in the whole place. If you want to take a piss, you gotta ask me first." --Pitts ICQ# 9585405 MST3K#88182 gray42@juno.com http://www.geocities.com/SoHo/Coffeehouse/4871 _____________________________________________________________________ You don't need to buy Internet access to use free Internet e-mail. Get completely free e-mail from Juno at http://www.juno.com Or call Juno at (800) 654-JUNO [654-5866] ------------------------------ Date: Sun, 07 Jun 1998 03:14:55 -0500 (EST) From: Nub Subject: TMBG: candy butchers? Message-id: i thought the candy butchers were the worst opening band i've ever seen. and i've seen some bad ones. that perhaps was not a completely necessary comment. oh well. ben ------------------------------ Message-ID: <19980607135650.13740.qmail@hotmail.com> From: "Charles Hodges" Subject: TMBG: somewhat tmbg: he's bacK! Date: Sun, 07 Jun 1998 06:56:49 PDT Well, I'm finally back, and with normal punctuation this time! (I guess my English teacher side got the better of my poet side... whatever.) After suffering a terrible hard drive crash and being terrifically busy with end-of-semester stuff, and having hotmail erase about half my e-mails, I finally found time to get a little caught up. As always, I'll go by topics. a) /me gnashes his teeth in envy as all the TMBG listies listen to their It's Fun to Steal CDs. I know I'll still have to wait at least 2 weeks, but I'll get it soon, I guarantee. b) I agree, sarcasism is funny, especially when it's spelled like that. c) What's wrong with Prince? I find it makes a lot of sense for Linnell to cite him as an influence (a lot more than when Nine Inch Nails mentions Prince as an influence). I mean, on TMBG's first albums, the two of them played (almost) all the instruments, just like Prince does on some of his albums (not that that's the only influence i see, but... I can't think of anything more to say on this topic. Just wanted to defend Prince). d) Living out of the U.S. just helps prove my theory that it's the country in the world that most makes people crazy. My (quite unformed) idea is that it's because people don't have anything to worry about, I mean survivalwise. So their minds start wandering. In Brazil we have a saying something like this: "An empty mind is the devil's workshop." Please know I'm not referring to anyone on the list specifically (certainly not that silly "stalker" story), but all this talk on paranoia drove me to comment. e) Finally for some TMBG content. Like I said, Hotmail very kindly considered my e-mail containing the John's birthdays irrelevant and deleted it. Could someone send me that agian, please? HW (r) aka platybuS aka enjauladO aka Official They Might be Giants Ambassador to Brazil ---------- CD listened to: Prince's "Sign "O" the Times" (classic!) Last movie seen: Austin Powers "I thought irrationally" - Nick Wolf I know there's something missing there, but I can't remember. ______________________________________________________ Get Your Private, Free Email at http://www.hotmail.com ------------------------------ Date: Sun, 7 Jun 1998 09:02:50 -0700 (PDT) Message-Id: From: Bob Gonsalves Subject: Re: TMBG: somewhat tmbg: he's bacK! At 6:56 AM -0700 6/7/98, Charles Hodges wrote: > >c) What's wrong with Prince? I find it makes a lot of sense for Linnell >to cite him as an influence (a lot more than when Nine Inch Nails >mentions Prince as an influence). I of course agree, and we're in good company: A mais atual chave da modernidade na musica popular esta' mesmo com Prince, segundao Caetano: "Ele inverte alguns conceitos intelectuais. Ao contrario de ser um exemplo de como as conquistas da modernidade vieram a se banalizar na cultura de massas, ele e' comprova@cao da assimila@ao profunda do que os grandes artistas de vanguarda do inicio do seculo fizeram". Goes on to compare him to Duchamp and Picasso... > >HW (r) aka platybuS aka enjauladO aka Official They Might be Giants >Ambassador to Brazil -Bob Gonsalves ------------------------------ From: GoodOmenz@aol.com Message-ID: <8bdeb23.357abac8@aol.com> Date: Sun, 7 Jun 1998 12:07:35 EDT Subject: TMBG: brian dewan and stuff hey all... not a lot of time here i was fortunate enough to watch and sing with brian at the edison labs yesterday, i'll post a long review of it somewhere when i have the time. i can sincerely say it was as cool if not cooler than when tmbg did it cuz they were all spontaneous like tmbg were ten years ago during the good ol' days. and i just feel honored to have been able to contribute to the long long history of the song The Edison Museum. Shana, TDK and myself will be signing autographs out back... for more stuff about brian including up coming shows check out http://members.aol.com/ievitateme tell yer friends! the song the Violin is one of my favorite songs and was co-written with David Yazbek who produced the Carmen Sandiego albums (and the XTC tribute with TMBG) like all things dewan, it deals with death and most likely traumatizes the small children who take the time to listen past the happy melody to the words. very cool and lastly, whoever was asking for the candy butchers album email me ~liz ------------------------------ Date: Sun, 7 Jun 1998 09:33:13 -0700 (PDT) Message-Id: From: Bob Gonsalves Subject: TMBG: Re: NON-TMBG [Charles Hodges & Prince] >At 6:56 AM -0700 6/7/98, Charles Hodges wrote: Please e-mail me, your reply-to address is no good. >A mais atual chave da modernidade na musica popular esta' mesmo com Prince, >segundao Caetano: > "Ele inverte alguns conceitos intelectuais. Ao contrario de ser um exemplo >de como as conquistas da modernidade vieram a se banalizar na cultura de >massas, ele e' comprova@cao da assimila@ao profunda do que os grandes >artistas de vanguarda do inicio do seculo fizeram". "The current key to modernity is with Prince, according to [Brazilian pop star and poet] Caetano Veloso: He inverts some intellectual concepts. Instead of being an example of how the conquests of modernity comes to debase the culture of the masses, he is proof of the deep assimilation made by the great artists of the beginning of the century." In the interview he mentions also David Byrne and Arto Lindsay, who he positions between Prince and Talking Heads. Arto plays noise guitar on 'Hearing Aid', and his cousin?/brother? lived with Linnell. ------------------------------ From: Happyfroot@aol.com Message-ID: <18283b3d.357ac2b1@aol.com> Date: Sun, 7 Jun 1998 12:41:20 EDT Subject: TMBG: Restless I found a Restless CD Sampler today from 1992 & it had Don't Let's Start on it. I found this odd because at that point the song was 6 years old & well, TMBG wasn't on Restless anymore. This to me suggests Restless's proudness (?) of TMBG or something & why maybe they could easily get back together for STD or the Mono Puff album.... jason glastetter ------------------------------ Message-Id: <3.0.3.32.19980607135753.00a1ed30@mail.csrlink.net> Date: Sun, 07 Jun 1998 13:57:53 -0400 From: Dylan Flipse Subject: Re: Non-TMBG: he's bacK! >c) What's wrong with Prince? I find it makes a lot of sense for Linnell >to cite him as an influence (a lot more than when Nine Inch Nails >mentions Prince as an influence). Plus, it's his 40th birthday today. Oh yah, and STD obviously means Several Tears Drop. Or Soon, Tim Dies. Or Someone Tips Dumbly. Or Steve Tells Dave. Or Superman's Tie Darkens. Or, it's almost 2:00 and Dylan has just gotten up, so Stupid Trance-y Dylan. Dylan "Mike Leffel has yet to celebrate his 40th Birthday" Flipse Dylan Flipse...one of them. - dflipse@csrlink.net Dylan's page is at http://www.geocities.com/Athens/9909/ for now. I'll never see myself in the mirror with my eyes closed -They Might Be Giants, the coolest thing this side of Zaphod Beeblebrox. ------------------------------ From: filthyscarecrow@webtv.net Message-Id: <199806071842.LAA22783@mailtod-152.iap.bryant.webtv.net> Date: Sun, 7 Jun 1998 13:42:05 -0500 Subject: TMBG: phone? Can someone please explain this whole phone call thing you're talking about? Reference of the day: I was watchin' Tiny Toon Adventures and there was this whale explaining the physics of cartoons and he said the first four lines of "The Sun Is A Mass of Incandescent Gas". True story. Only thing is, Tiny toons cartoons were from 1990 to 1992 (I think) and the "WDTSS" single was released in 1993. Whats up? " Your Uncle Walter told me everything he'd do if he were president. Oh, what a perfect world this world would be if he were president." -Ben Folds Five "This was a pizza hut, now it's all covered with daises." -The Talking Heads Hey, ya know what? The Easter Bunny isn't real! ------------------------------ From: Monotreme3@aol.com Message-ID: <692c614e.357ae11d@aol.com> Date: Sun, 7 Jun 1998 14:51:08 EDT Subject: Re: TMBG: phone? In a message dated 6/7/98 2:42:33 PM Eastern Daylight Time, filthyscarecrow@webtv.net writes: > Reference of the day: I was watchin' Tiny Toon Adventures and there > was this whale explaining the physics of cartoons and he said the first > four lines of "The Sun Is A Mass of Incandescent Gas". True story. Only > thing is, Tiny toons cartoons were from 1990 to 1992 (I think) and the > "WDTSS" single was released in 1993. Whats up? John and John didn't write WDTSS. It was written a while ago by the same guy that wrote "On Top of Spaghetti." So... that's what's up. Besides the sun.... -Carey "The sun is large..." -John Flansburgh "It is so large that if the sun were hollow a million earths could fit inside, and still leave room for other... smaller... earths." -John Linnell ------------------------------ Date: Sun, 7 Jun 1998 16:31:00 -0400 Subject: TMBG: Re: Non-tmbg: Solipism Message-ID: <19980607.163102.3766.1.djMagma@juno.com> From: djmagma@juno.com (Davin Q. Hutchingstone) I always felt like the Truman Show was an unoriginal idea... Because once I read a short science fiction story about a guy who lived his life in an artificial world. I think aliens made his surroundings and stuff. He finally discovered that everything he knew was fake when it was dark and stormy on one side of his house, but nice and sunny on the other side. I forgot what the hell it was called. Someone help me. -Hutch Anyone have a TMBG Bootleg page? I need the names of the songs on a few tapes I have. _____________________________________________________________________ You don't need to buy Internet access to use free Internet e-mail. Get completely free e-mail from Juno at http://www.juno.com Or call Juno at (800) 654-JUNO [654-5866] ------------------------------ Date: Sun, 7 Jun 1998 15:11:41 -0700 (PDT) Message-Id: From: Bob Gonsalves Subject: TMBG: Re: Non-tmbg: Solipism >I always felt like the Truman Show was an unoriginal idea... > >Because once I read a short science fiction story about a >guy who lived his life in an artificial world. >I think aliens made his surroundings and stuff. >He finally discovered that everything he knew was >fake when it was dark and stormy on one side of his >house, but nice and sunny on the other side. >I forgot what the hell it was called. >Someone help me. I don't know about this one, but there's a Philip K. Dick sci-fi novel that is like this also. Fellow wins the newspaper game every day. The game consists of predicting which square of a matrix the little green man icon will appear on the next day. In actuality he has precognitive abilities and is predicting where bombs are going to be dropped - a whole alternative reality is built up around him by his neighbors, which he eventually discovers. ------------------------------ From: Monotreme3@aol.com Message-ID: <493a4375.357b3c15@aol.com> Date: Sun, 7 Jun 1998 21:19:16 EDT Subject: TMBG: Re: Non-tmbg: Solipism In a message dated 6/7/98 4:40:08 PM Eastern Daylight Time, djmagma@juno.com writes: > I always felt like the Truman Show was an unoriginal idea... Unoriginal idea or not... it was still a great movie. Hands down. So there. Ow! My head! Owwwwww! Stop! Ahhhhhh! -Carey ------------------------------ From: mr.train@juno.com Date: Sun, 7 Jun 1998 21:37:53 -0400 Subject: Re: Non-TMBG: STD??? STD!!!!! Message-ID: <19980607.213754.4902.0.Mr.Train@juno.com> On Sun, 07 Jun 1998 13:57:53 -0400 Dylan Flipse writes: <>Oh yah, and STD obviously means ... Soon, Tim Dies. <> AHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!! NOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!! PLEASE GOD!!! DON'T KILL TIM!!! (anyone remember that State episode?) sorry about this stupid post.. I couldn't resist... I saw the Connells today.. it rocked... I'm expecting my "Brick" UK import in the mail anyday now.. it has a ska remix of "Kate"! Tim, he just found out... what everybody knows Miscellaneous Tim AKA TMB(do)G AKA Tambo (IRC) AKA Mr.Train (OML) Favorite TMBG song update: Out Of Jail Last CD purchase: Lo, Our Much Praised Yet Not Altogether Satisfactory Lady - Refreshments Favorite mainstream song: One Week - BNL _____________________________________________________________________ You don't need to buy Internet access to use free Internet e-mail. Get completely free e-mail from Juno at http://www.juno.com Or call Juno at (800) 654-JUNO [654-5866] ------------------------------ Message-Id: <3.0.1.32.19980607214610.006aa1f4@mail.clemson.edu> Date: Sun, 07 Jun 1998 21:46:10 -0400 From: Adam Tyner Subject: Re: Non-TMBG: STD??? STD!!!!! At 09:37 PM 6/7/98 -0400, mr.train@juno.com wrote: >I'm expecting my "Brick" UK import in the mail anyday now.. it has a ska >remix of "Kate"! Not really. It says it's a ska remix, but it's actually just Kate with strings. No horns, no jangly guitar...nothin' even remotely ska related. I think they put down that it's a ska mix as a joke. (Same goes for the disco mix of some other song on the Japanese import.) Sorry to disappoint you, -Adam /=---------------- http://www.he-man.org/ctyner/ ----------------=\ http://www.awod.com/gallery/rwav/ctyner/ The home of He-Man, "Weird Al", Yoo-hoo, Killer Tomatoes, and more! Demented music list admin O- MiSTie #67,326 ------------------------------ Message-Id: <3.0.1.32.19980607231115.006acae0@mail.clemson.edu> Date: Sun, 07 Jun 1998 23:11:15 -0400 From: Adam Tyner Subject: TMBG: Other 2 studio cuts? It says on the Restless site that there'll be 3 studio tracks on STD...any idea what the 2 non-Doctor Worm tracks'll be? Also, the site says that this'll be a live-greatest-hits collection. That, IMO, kinda sucks. -Adam /=---------------- http://www.he-man.org/ctyner/ ----------------=\ http://www.awod.com/gallery/rwav/ctyner/ The home of He-Man, "Weird Al", Yoo-hoo, Killer Tomatoes, and more! Demented music list admin O- MiSTie #67,326 ------------------------------ From: KdsInThHal@aol.com Message-ID: <8bef934.357b58ac@aol.com> Date: Sun, 7 Jun 1998 23:21:15 EDT Subject: Re: TMBG: Other 2 studio cuts? In a message dated 6/7/98 11:13:54 PM, adam wrote: >It says on the Restless site that there'll be 3 studio tracks on STD...any >idea what the 2 non-Doctor Worm tracks'll be? i'm guessing "finished with lies" and... oh.. i can't think of the other one.. sarah http://lava.home.ml.org ------------------------------ Message-ID: <357B8482.7207@fuse.net> Date: Sun, 07 Jun 1998 23:28:18 -0700 From: jays your one-paged dictionary Organization: dial-a-song! 718-287-6962, narrrrrrrrr! Subject: Re: TMBG: Other 2 studio cuts? Adam Tyner wrote: > > It says on the Restless site that there'll be 3 studio tracks on STD...any > idea what the 2 non-Doctor Worm tracks'll be? > > Also, the site says that this'll be a live-greatest-hits collection. That, > IMO, kinda sucks. > > -Adam from www.restless.com: "THEY MIGHT BE GIANTS - TMBG have a cool new release coming on Restless. It's called "Severe Tire Damage" and will be in stores 8/11. It features three new studio tracks plus all their greatest hits LIVE. One of the new songs is called "Doctor Worm" and we think it's one of their best songs EVER! ew. well, we should thank them for the radical, way-cool info, shouldn't we? this guy must be a staff writer for seventeen. ;) in any event ... ah. std is my reason to live, and true evidence of its upcoming existence is good for my young, ableit old, heart and soul. *beam* glad to be living until august 11, three days before his seventeenth birthday, jay. -- jayhc, lamenting for society. e-mail: sirjamez@fuse.net, phonebook@tmbg.org aol im: SaturnChrd, PhoneBookJ irc: PhoneBook "and sadly the cross-eyed bear's been put to sleep behind the stairs, and his shoes are laced with irony." --tmbg "Hey, some people take drugs and some people like to have sex all day, I like to watch my bees as I make music, so what." --steve vai -- ------------------------------ Message-Id: <3.0.3.32.19980607233803.00aea220@mail.csrlink.net> Date: Sun, 07 Jun 1998 23:38:03 -0400 From: Dylan Flipse Subject: Re: TMBG: Other 2 studio cuts? At 11:11 PM 6/7/98 -0400, you wrote: >It says on the Restless site that there'll be 3 studio tracks on STD...any >idea what the 2 non-Doctor Worm tracks'll be? > >Also, the site says that this'll be a live-greatest-hits collection. That, >IMO, kinda sucks. Second things first. At the 5/3 show, Flans made a remark something to the effect of "It'll have a combination of old favorites and stuff you've never heard before, for the maxium contrast." It's my personal opinion that the studio tracks would be the new stuff, and the live tracks old stuff, meaning that there'd be no new stuff live. As far as the other tracks, my guess would then be Rest Awhile and First Kiss. Dylan "Ah, got through post without mentioning Mike Leffel...DOH!" Flipse This bounced once, sorry if this is a second go at it. Dylan Flipse...one of them. - dflipse@csrlink.net Dylan's page is at http://www.geocities.com/Athens/9909/ for now. I'll never see myself in the mirror with my eyes closed -They Might Be Giants, the coolest thing this side of Zaphod Beeblebrox. ------------------------------ Message-Id: Date: Mon, 8 Jun 98 00:12 EDT From: kbrodbec@remcen.ehhs.cmich.edu (Kirsten Brodbeck) Subject: Re: TMBG: Other 2 studio cuts? >> Also, the site says that this'll be a live-greatest-hits collection. That, >> IMO, kinda sucks. It features >three new studio tracks plus all their greatest hits LIVE. OTOH, it might not be greatest hits after all; that could just be the stupidity of the writer. "All their greatest hits" does not necessarily mean "TMBG's Greatest Hits". Or maybe it does, I don't know. I just finished watching "Clue," and nothing makes sense anymore.. Kirsten "I Heart Tim Curry" Brodbeck -- `'`'`'`'`'`'`'`'`'`'`'`'`'`'`'`'`'`'`'`'`'`'`'`'`'`'`'`'`'`'`'`'`'`'`'`'`'`'`' "I have a great imaginary world, but, um, sometimes I need things to happen for real." - Ally McBeal Kirsten Brodbeck AKA Crow kbrodbec@remcen.ehhs.cmich.edu ------------------------------ Date: Sun, 7 Jun 1998 23:31:10 -0500 (CDT) From: "Christopher M. Stangl" Subject: Re: TMBG: Re: Non-tmbg: Solipism Message-ID: On Sun, 7 Jun 1998, Davin Q. Hutchingstone wrote: > I always felt like the Truman Show was an unoriginal idea... > > Because once I read a short science fiction story about a > guy who lived his life in an artificial world. > I think aliens made his surroundings and stuff. > He finally discovered that everything he knew was > fake when it was dark and stormy on one side of his > house, but nice and sunny on the other side. > I forgot what the hell it was called. > Someone help me. Dunno about that. But the concept for "The Truman Show" just as equally rips off a short story David Byrne wrote for his book "Strange Ritual", titled "Life Style". The story goes down in a more typically David Byrne-y manner than the descriptions I've heard of the movie (which I guess unfolds more closely akin to the movie "Urusei Yatsura 2: Beautiful Dreamer", if that's worth anything...) -Chris Stangl ------------------------------ From: Monotreme3@aol.com Message-ID: <293880e1.357b69ae@aol.com> Date: Mon, 8 Jun 1998 00:33:49 EDT Subject: Re: TMBG: Other 2 studio cuts? In a message dated 6/7/98 11:42:02 PM Eastern Daylight Time, dflipse@csrlink.net writes: > It's my personal opinion that the > studio tracks would be the new stuff, and the live tracks old stuff, > meaning that there'd be no new stuff live. As far as the other tracks, my > guess would then be Rest Awhile and First Kiss. Well, isn't "They Got Lost" new stuff? Meaning that it's never been on a cd? Hm... now that I think about it, that's a rhetorical question. Yes. It is new stuff. And at the free show at GA tech last month Flans said that "They Got Lost" was gonna be the first track of the album. I think that's what he said. So... that's either gonna be a new live one, or a new studio one instead of "Rest Awhile" or "First Kiss." -Carey ------------------------------ Message-ID: <357B9CA4.2F1F@fuse.net> Date: Mon, 08 Jun 1998 01:11:16 -0700 From: jays your one-paged dictionary Organization: dial-a-song! 718-287-6962, narrrrrrrrr! Subject: Re: TMBG: Other 2 studio cuts? while we're on the subject of STD, i feel i should express my concerns of its length. 45 minutes is not an easy amount of time into which to fit the essence of a true live show, especially with what may be ten or fifteen minutes of live tracks. i was disappointed with bnl's "rock spectacle" for that reason--it was only 39 minutes long, miniscule even when compared to most studio cds. i would absolutely love to see a two cd set, despite any dent it may make in the pocketbook of me and others. i haven't heard any banter on that subject, but i assume it will be one cd; that seems to be the more feasible option to attract buyers. i digress ... an hour and a half--or more--of pure live action would be more powerful, to me, than any drug available on both white and black markets. on another note, i wonder if i could look up/do a trace on the number found when doing a whois on dialasong.com, determine its function, call the number, and dupe the answerer into giving me flansie's home phone number? hehe. t'would more than rock, i say, despite the disturbing genre of fandom into which i'd be subsequently placed. ah, well. peace, love, and good happiness stuff, jay. -- jayhc, unfoundedly in love with a girl whom all reason dictates he shouldn't be. e-mail: sirjamez@fuse.net, phonebook@tmbg.org aol im: SaturnChrd, PhoneBookJ irc: PhoneBook "and sadly the cross-eyed bear's been put to sleep behind the stairs, and his shoes are laced with irony." --tmbg "Hey, some people take drugs and some people like to have sex all day, I like to watch my bees as I make music, so what." --steve vai -- ------------------------------ End of tmbg-list Digest #7-8 ****************************