Errors-To: owner-tmbg-digest@tmbg.org Reply-To: tmbg-digest@tmbg.org Sender: owner-tmbg-digest@tmbg.org Precedence: bulk From: owner-tmbg-digest@tmbg.org To: tmbg-digest@tmbg.org Subject: tmbg-list Digest #8-23 tmbg-list Digest, Volume 8, Number 23 Thursday, 23 July 1998 Today's Topics: Re: TMBG: Fw: Time Person of the Century Poll TMBG: Istanbul Single... still trying to get rid of Re: non-TMBG: SNZ Re: non-TMBG: grammer [sic] TMBG: *Important TMBG News!* Re: TMBG: Fw: Time Person of the Century Poll TMBG: Dr. Worm on the radio!/touring info? Re: TMBG: Parody Inc. TMBG: Dr. Worm on the radio Re: TMBG:Rosie e-mail (Whose line is it) Non-TMBG:Rosie e-mail (Whose line is it) Re: TMBG: Fw: Time Person of the Century Poll TMBG: Person of the Centry and...cookies Fwd: TMBG: Parody Inc. Re: Fwd: TMBG: Parody Inc. Re: Fwd: TMBG: Parody Inc. Re: Fwd: TMBG: Parody Inc. Non-TMBG: Apollo 18 owners only? Re: Non-TMBG: Apollo 18 owners only? Re: TMBG: Who's in charge here??? Re: TMBG: Who's in charge here??? Re: TMBG: Who's in charge here??? TMBG: Non-tmbg Thinking TMBG: TMBG/VF show information Re: TMBG: Parody Inc. Re: non-TMBG: grammer [sic] Re: TMBG:STD promo for sale + more BNL +Sifl and Ollie Re: TMBG: parody exceptions Re: non-TMBG: SNZ Re: TMBG: Non-Tmbg: Let's tell off Hanson!!! Re: TMBG: parody exceptions Re: TMBG: parody exceptions Re: TMBG: parody exceptions TMBG: non-tmbg:don't look for dilbeert_2000 any time soon on this list Re: TMBG: parody exceptions Re: TMBG: parody exceptions Re: TMBG: non-tmbg:don't look for dilbeert_2000 any time soon on this list TMBG: non-tttmmmbbbggg:josh is dead Re: TMBG: non-tmbg:don't look for dilbeert_2000 any time soon on this list Re: TMBG: non-tmbg:don't look for dilbeert_2000 any time soon on this list Re: TMBG: non-tmbg:don't look for dilbeert_2000 any time soon on this list Re: TMBG: non-tmbg:don't look for dilbert_2000 any time soon on this list Re: TMBG: non-tmbg:don't look for dilbert_2000 any time soon on this list TMBG: here we go again. Re: TMBG: non-tmbg:don't look for dilbert_2000 any time soon on Re: TMBG: non-tmbg:don't look for dilbert_2000 any time soon on this list Re: TMBG: parody exceptions Re: non-TMBG: grammer [sic] Re: TMBG: here we go again. Re: non-TMBG: grammer [sic] 1/2 TMBG: Yeah! TMBG month & Mike Leffel Administrivia: If you wish to unsubscribe from this mailing send mail to tmbg-digest-request@tmbg.org for instructions on how to be automatically removed. --------------------------------------------------------------------- The views expressed herein are those of the individual authors. --------------------------------------------------------------------- tmbg-list is digested with Digest 3.5b (John Relph ). ---------------------------------------------------------------------- Message-Id: <199807220601.OAA20934@vector.wantree.com.au> From: "Carla Stagles" Subject: Re: TMBG: Fw: Time Person of the Century Poll Date: Wed, 22 Jul 1998 14:01:14 +0800 oh.. as an aside... Flans and Hitler are the same star sign... so maybe... in another world.. in another time.. in mud... flans COULD have kicked hilter's sorry Taurean ASS! carla "by taxi to the airport" ------------------------------ Message-ID: <35A4BB46.5E42@stlnet.com> Date: Thu, 09 Jul 1998 05:44:54 -0700 From: Pat Acquisto Subject: TMBG: Istanbul Single... still trying to get rid of By taking bids I was trying to see who wanted the c.d. most, I had no idea how high people would be willing to pay for it. When many people found they could get it for 6 over the Internet, they backed out and I don't blame them, but I still have the single and will start the bids again at zero. I am also willing to trade it off. Point being I have 1 Istanbul single I am trying to get rid of; I will trade or sell to anyone who gives me the best deal. nick ------------------------------ Date: Wed, 22 Jul 1998 03:04:45 -0500 (CDT) From: Bill Tatalovich Subject: Re: non-TMBG: SNZ Message-ID: On Tue, 21 Jul 1998, J Kuemmerle wrote: > > According to an ad in Hits Magazine (an awful, awful, pretentious music > > industry rag), the new SNZ single is "Suits Are Picking Up the Bill" > > (which is really amusing, if you think about it)... > > (enter THE REV, being carried by several men in suits and sunglasses) Okay, that's not exactly what I meant about it being amusing, but actually, Jim's way is a hell of a lot funnier. Congratulations. The Rev |~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~|~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~| | Reverend Bill Tatalovich | Home page: | | | http://students.cec.wustl.edu/~wt3/ | | wt3@cec.wustl.edu | feedback for toddlers e-zine: | | personnel@kwur.wustl.edu | http://www.poboxes.com/fft/ | ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ ------------------------------ Date: Wed, 22 Jul 1998 03:23:44 -0500 (CDT) From: Bill Tatalovich Subject: Re: non-TMBG: grammer [sic] Message-ID: Hey all-- I apologize to all of you (well, most of you) for the following flame. I'm just in a bad mood, I guess... On Tue, 21 Jul 1998, The Li'l Depressed Boy wrote: > >Could we PLEASE get this into the FAQ or something? We just talked about > >this a month ago or so. Yes, the Cherry Poppin' Daddies song, the TMBG > >song, and many many other songs, "interpret" the song "Powerhouse." That > > > Actualy the first person was right. When you interpolate, you basically > steal the music (Not the recording of it) and put it in your song. > Interpreting is something completely different. If your gonna correct > somone's grammer consult a dictionary to see if your right first. Um...I wasn't attempting to correct anyone's english there, Mr. LDB. I decided that I wanted to use the word "interpret" instead of "interpolate". I think I'm allowed to do that, okay? Okay, I may be using the wrong word...sue me. Christ, even with plenty o' nicotine in me (oh shit! wrong usage of the letter "o"!!!), I'm still scratching my head at this one. > >Damn it, listen to me. > No, how 'bout you listen to me. I explained this before. You explained WHAT before? Since you're such a stickler for grammar, you might want to explain "this" instead of throwing in a general term that no one will actually understand. You explained the whole "Powerhouse" thing? I don't think so...no one seems to know who Raymond Scott is but me (not bragging or anything...stating a fact). I didn't see any posts from Mr. LDB talking about the wonders of Raymond Scott, did anyone else? If I missed those posts, fine, I apologize. But I doubt that. Oh wait, you explained english grammar before? Uh, not in terms of the above situation. And that's a moot point anyway, since I wasn't correcting anyone's english. Oh, and third point to be made...I wasn't bitter when I wrote "Damn it, listen to me." I was kidding around. Everyone seemed to get it except Mr. LDB. Christ, L'il Depressed Boy...keep up with the rest of the group, or the bus is leaving without you. Oh wait, one other thing. LDB also posted the following: > Yeah, it was a li'l stab at ya. But it interpolate is the correct word. > Plus if you think about it you can't consult a dictionary for grammer, > and it was more of a spelling correction than a grammer correction. That's true. You can't consult a dictionary for grammar. But you CAN check a dictionary for "grammer." The word. Jesus Christ...if you're going to correct other's english, could you at least spell words correctly? And proofreading? "But it interpolate is the correct word."???? I look beyond english mistakes in posts until people start correcting me. And I just know that people will come back, correcting my english in this post. Don't bother. I no dat i kan skru up sumtims, and I really don't care. I just choose to correct the english of the people who correct my own english. Again, my apologies to everyone. This probably won't seem worth the time tomorrow morning, but until then.... Scratching his head, wondering just what LDB meant in his posts... The Rev |~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~|~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~| | Reverend Bill Tatalovich | Home page: | | | http://students.cec.wustl.edu/~wt3/ | | wt3@cec.wustl.edu | feedback for toddlers e-zine: | | personnel@kwur.wustl.edu | http://www.poboxes.com/fft/ | ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ ------------------------------ Message-ID: <35B5E70D.4B8878D7@pacificnet.net> Date: Wed, 22 Jul 1998 05:20:23 -0800 From: Bongo Subject: TMBG: *Important TMBG News!* Pardon the obnoxious title of this post but this relates to some *important* happenings with TMBG that I personally did not know about till today. Yesterday, Dylan Flipse gave a link to a TMBG news article on MTV's site. Dylan gets Bongo's "Post of the Week Award" because there was some damn good stuff in that article. First, it says They are doing a new nation-wide tour beginning in Oct. (After finishing what they call the "mini-tour") It also says TMBG have been trying to develop an animated series based on the band. Is that great or what?! (I'll bet they saw how powerful the Tiny Toons thing was.) Also, it gives a vague, tentative release date for their next studio album. Sorry if these things had been previously mentioned. If they were, they weren't mentioned enough because I didn't see them. If this *is* news to you, then read all about it at: http://www.mtv.com/mtv/sendme.cgi?/news/headlines/980721/story8.html -B O N G O (Have a nice They!) ------------------------------ Date: Wed, 22 Jul 1998 08:27:34 -0500 (CDT) From: Robin Subject: Re: TMBG: Fw: Time Person of the Century Poll Message-ID: Ok. I just went to the most influential person website thing. anyways, i am feeling the need to vent. hope you all don't mind... has anyone else marveled at the fact that there are so many stupid people in the world? people who think that they know what is going on but really have no clue. perfect example...most influential person number 3 - ERIC CARTMAN!!! what the? hello, he is a cartoon, and fairly recent one at that. how can a cartoon that cusses really have that much influence on the whole century? aargh! maybe i am the only one who is really takin this seriously, but i think that it would be much more intersting if people actually put some thought into who they voted for. some people on the list do belong to be there, but others...come on. if anyone else has been to the site, you understand what i mean. ok, sorry abut that little interlude. sometimes i just get upset when people don't think before they do something. very annoying... Robin ps sorry about all the spelling and grammer mistakes. i can't spell my name right most of the time. bad spellers of the world untie! ------------------------------ Date: Wed, 22 Jul 1998 12:13:04 -0500 Subject: TMBG: Dr. Worm on the radio!/touring info? Message-ID: <19980722.121306.17118.1.bnl_bff_tmbg_fan@juno.com> From: bnl_bff_tmbg_fan@juno.com (Jessica J Woletz) Wow...as I'm typing Dr. Worm is playing on the radio, but now Birdhouse in Your Soul is playing..."m so happy! They're playing at this thing called Endfest in Cleveland (they just announced it a few days ago), and it's put on by the radio station The End. So now I'm sure Dr. Worm is going to get tons of airplay 'cause I've heard it twice already. Sorry, it's just so exciting! Speaking of touring, does anyone know they're schedule? Are they playing at any other festivals? Jessie *********Visit my webpage! http://www.geocities.com/RainForest/Vines/7340********* _____________________________________________________________________ You don't need to buy Internet access to use free Internet e-mail. Get completely free e-mail from Juno at http://www.juno.com Or call Juno at (800) 654-JUNO [654-5866] ------------------------------ From: DrWormX@aol.com Message-ID: Date: Wed, 22 Jul 1998 12:59:28 EDT Subject: Re: TMBG: Parody Inc. ha ha haahhaah. Saying "make a parody of space suit" was one of the most obvious jokes I've ever made. I cannot believe he didn't pick up on that. Get it now Josh? Space suit doesn't have any words. I didn't think it needed to be explained, but I guess my humor is way too superior to your understanding (ha!). Kids these days... Matt--blame it on pez addiction Alone And Bored on a thirtieth-century night Will I see you on The Price Is Right? Will I cry? Will I smile? As you run down the aisle? ------------------------------ Subject: TMBG: Dr. Worm on the radio Message-ID: <19980722.134408.8991.0.captainmarvel2@juno.com> From: captainmarvel2@juno.com (Derek A Klein) Date: Wed, 22 Jul 1998 13:46:37 EDT Am I the only person left who hasn't heard Dr. Worm on the radio? Is there anyone in the New York area that's heard it? What station should I be listening to? Derek "Egad, a base tone denotes a bad age" _____________________________________________________________________ You don't need to buy Internet access to use free Internet e-mail. Get completely free e-mail from Juno at http://www.juno.com Or call Juno at (800) 654-JUNO [654-5866] ------------------------------ From: NoNonie@aol.com Message-ID: Date: Wed, 22 Jul 1998 13:52:26 EDT Subject: Re: TMBG:Rosie e-mail (Whose line is it) I'm sorry, but "Whose Line Is It Anyway" just won't be the same without the original actors and Clive Anderson. I'd rather watch old reruns on Comedey Central! ------------------------------ Message-Id: <199807221806.OAA25827@ussenterprise.ufp.org> Date: Wed, 22 Jul 1998 13:06:54 -0500 From: Mitchell Harding Subject: Non-TMBG:Rosie e-mail (Whose line is it) At 01:52 PM 7/22/98 -0400, you wrote: >I'm sorry, but "Whose Line Is It Anyway" just won't be the same without the >original actors and Clive Anderson. I'd rather watch old reruns on Comedey >Central! They are going to have some of the original actors, such as Ryan Stiles and Greg Prupes. Maybe more, who knows? Harf, Mitch ------------------------------ Message-ID: <35B62D90.17D0@rica.net> Date: Wed, 22 Jul 1998 14:21:04 -0400 From: Joey Groah Subject: Re: TMBG: Fw: Time Person of the Century Poll Robin wrote: > > Ok. I just went to the most influential person website thing. anyways, i > am feeling the need to vent. hope you all don't mind... > > has anyone else marveled at the fact that there are so many stupid people > in the world? Yes. people who think that they know what is going on but really > have no clue. perfect example...most influential person number 3 - ERIC > CARTMAN!!! what the? hello, he is a cartoon, and fairly recent one at > that. how can a cartoon that cusses really have that much influence on > the whole century? aargh! > > maybe i am the only one who is really takin this seriously, but i think > that it would be much more intersting if people actually put some thought > into who they voted for. some people on the list do belong to be there, > but others...come on. if anyone else has been to the site, you understand > what i mean. > > ok, sorry abut that little interlude. sometimes i just get upset when > people don't think before they do something. very annoying... > I thought before I did. Yeah, it's Time magazine, yeah it should be serious... but it's not. Jesus? Wrong century. Hitler? Wrong medication, or lack there of. Obscene little color form? Hello? The problem is not solved by taking it less seriously and throwing in with the "whatever, close enough," crowd, but, jeez, it's Time! It's the internet! Deep thinkin' and thoughtful dissertaion it ain't. I feel lucky when I find the right "to" used in a sentence (mebbe dats "da write "2"). Justification: I dunno. Flans is better than Hitler. Joey, sad about Alan Shepard passing, happy he was here to rise to the occasion and become an American hero, a person for the ages, not century ------------------------------ Message-ID: <19980722191112.20145.qmail@hotmail.com> From: "Nicholas Wolf" Subject: TMBG: Person of the Centry and...cookies Date: Wed, 22 Jul 1998 12:11:12 PDT Ok everyone, if you intend to vote more than once, please remember to delete the cookie:name@pathfinder.com cookie before placing your votes each time. If you don't, it knows you've voted before. This is just like the People poll earlier. Signed, Nick Wolf, TMBG Ambassador to the state of New Mexico who is upset because his normal email account has been set to 'read only' over the summer. ______________________________________________________ Get Your Private, Free Email at http://www.hotmail.com ------------------------------ From: DrWormX@aol.com Message-ID: <9d175f54.35b63bff@aol.com> Date: Wed, 22 Jul 1998 15:22:09 EDT Subject: Fwd: TMBG: Parody Inc. In a message dated 7/22/98 2:46:35 PM Eastern Daylight Time, dilbert_2000@hotmail.com writes: << HEY DUMB-ASS, I'VE ALREADY SAID I DON'T HAVE THE FUCKING ALBUM!!!! Josh Buckland dilbert_2000@hotmail.com >> How can you not have Apollo 18, and be on this mailing list? You are truly a disgrace to everyone everywhere. Also, I don't appreciate the agitated responce. I don't even know why you made that stupid suggestion to make parodies of songs, when you don't even know half of their songs, and a half of the one's you do know, you don't like. Man, I wish Leffel(L) was here Matt--blame it on pez addiction I'm not as messed up as I'd like to be- Hearing Aid (do you know this one Josh???) [Attachment omitted, unknown MIME type or encoding (message/rfc822)] ---DrWormX@aol.com wrote: > > In a message dated 7/22/98 2:46:35 PM Eastern Daylight Time, > dilbert_2000@hotmail.com writes: > > << HEY DUMB-ASS, I'VE ALREADY SAID I DON'T HAVE THE FUCKING ALBUM!!!! > > > Josh Buckland dilbert_2000@hotmail.com >> > > How can you not have Apollo 18, and be on this mailing list? Oh, that's good. Answer a moronic response with another moronic response. Note: I'm not saying you *people* are morons, but that your *responses* are moronic. > You are truly a > disgrace to everyone everywhere. Also, I don't appreciate the agitated > responce. Excuse me, but where does it say that to join this list, you must have every single thing They've ever recorded? The reason I and probably many others joined this list is an interest in Their music. I didn't acquire John Henry until a few weeks ago. Does that mean I'm not a dedicated enough fan to be on this list? > I don't even know why you made that stupid suggestion to make > parodies of songs, when you don't even know half of their songs, and a half of > the one's you do know, you don't like. I don't see why everyone is so uptight about parodies. I can't speak for Josh, but as someone who has written a few parodies herself, I can say that any parody I write isn't meant as a slur against the original writer. I am a person who pokes the most fun at things I *like* rather than dislike. Some of you may recall a parody I wrote and posted a few months back. Taken seriously, that song portrays John and John as cattier than the Gallagher brothers of Oasis infamy. But the thing is, it *isn't* meant to be taken seriously. If anything, I was making more fun of Their fans than of Them in the song. > Man, I wish Leffel(L) was here Oh, yes. The Messiah on earth, who would come and solve everything. He would probably tell everyone, including you, what schmucks we're being. > Matt--blame it on pez addiction Inspector Over the Mine _________________________________________________________ DO YOU YAHOO!? Get your free @yahoo.com address at http://mail.yahoo.com From owner-tmbg-list@tmbg.org Wed Jul 22 16:15:37 1998 Received: (from majordom@localhost) by ussenterprise.ufp.org (8.8.8/8.8.7) id QAA02949 for tmbg-list-outgoing; Wed, 22 Jul 1998 16:15:37 -0400 (EDT) Received: from hotmail.com (f228.hotmail.com [207.82.251.119]) by ussenterprise.ufp.org (8.8.8/8.8.7) with SMTP id QAA02936 for ; Wed, 22 Jul 1998 16:15:33 -0400 (EDT) Received: (qmail 7158 invoked by uid 0); 22 Jul 1998 20:14:57 -0000 Message-ID: <19980722201457.7157.qmail@hotmail.com> Received: from 208.217.185.109 by www.hotmail.com with HTTP; Wed, 22 Jul 1998 13:14:56 PDT X-Originating-IP: [208.217.185.109] From: "Josh Buckland" To: tmbg-list@tmbg.org Subject: Re: Fwd: TMBG: Parody Inc. Content-Type: text/plain Date: Wed, 22 Jul 1998 13:14:56 PDT Sender: owner-tmbg-list@tmbg.org Precedence: bulk Reply-To: "Josh Buckland" I DO know over half their songs, the only album I don't have is A18. I also wish Leffel were here, I'd like to meet him. He sounds like a real neat guy. Josh Buckland dilbert_2000@hotmail.com "He wants to knock your house down... And he can't, because you're lying in the way of his bulldozer... I think we can come to some arrangement." --Ford Prefect, "Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy" ______________________________________________________ Get Your Private, Free Email at http://www.hotmail.com From owner-tmbg-list@tmbg.org Wed Jul 22 16:17:22 1998 Received: (from majordom@localhost) by ussenterprise.ufp.org (8.8.8/8.8.7) id QAA03038 for tmbg-list-outgoing; Wed, 22 Jul 1998 16:17:22 -0400 (EDT) Received: from remcen.ehhs.cmich.edu (remcen.ehhs.cmich.edu [141.209.92.15]) by ussenterprise.ufp.org (8.8.8/8.8.7) with SMTP id QAA03029 for ; Wed, 22 Jul 1998 16:17:19 -0400 (EDT) Received: by remcen.ehhs.cmich.edu via sendmail with stdio id for tmbg-list@tmbg.org; Wed, 22 Jul 1998 16:16:48 -0400 (EDT) (Smail-3.2.0.93 1997-Apr-12 #2 built 1998-Jul-8) Message-Id: Date: Wed, 22 Jul 1998 16:16:48 -0400 (EDT) From: kbrodbec@remcen.ehhs.cmich.edu (Kirsten Brodbeck) To: tmbg-list@tmbg.org Subject: Re: Fwd: TMBG: Parody Inc. Sender: owner-tmbg-list@tmbg.org Precedence: bulk Reply-To: kbrodbec@remcen.ehhs.cmich.edu (Kirsten Brodbeck) >Oh, yes. The Messiah on earth, who would come and solve everything. He would >probably tell everyone, including you, what schmucks we're being. Actually, he'd probably just spout off something about pandas mating with our faces, and that would distract everyone... But while I'm typing, I guess I'll make a few points. 1) Parodies are fun. Parodies are good. Well, not always good when it comes to the writing, but they are not harmful. 2) It's not necessary to own all the TMBG albums to be a True Fan. I didn't own John Henry or Apollo 18 when I joined the list; I bought them because I wanted to be in on the discussions, besides the obvious want to have more lovely music from the Johns. 3) Please do not scream profanities. Some of you people are touchier than... something really touchy, like a cat with PMS or something. Chill, try to love your fellow man, and if you start to get hot under the collar, distract yourself with happy music, or the thought of a giant panda mating with your face. Kirsten -- [][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][] "And she said losing love is like a window in your heart Everybody sees you're blown apart..." - Paul Simon "Graceland" Kirsten Brodbeck AKA Crow kbrodbec@remcen.ehhs.cmich.edu From owner-tmbg-list@tmbg.org Wed Jul 22 16:18:53 1998 Received: (from majordom@localhost) by ussenterprise.ufp.org (8.8.8/8.8.7) id QAA03486 for tmbg-list-outgoing; Wed, 22 Jul 1998 16:18:53 -0400 (EDT) Received: from mail.utexas.edu (mail.utexas.edu [128.83.126.1]) by ussenterprise.ufp.org (8.8.8/8.8.7) with SMTP id QAA03476 for ; Wed, 22 Jul 1998 16:18:50 -0400 (EDT) Message-Id: <199807222018.QAA03476@ussenterprise.ufp.org> Received: (qmail 29501 invoked by uid 0); 22 Jul 1998 20:18:48 -0000 Received: from dial-45-95.ots.utexas.edu (HELO fucker) (128.83.112.127) by mail.utexas.edu with SMTP; 22 Jul 1998 20:18:48 -0000 X-Sender: mitcharf@mail.utexas.edu X-Mailer: QUALCOMM Windows Eudora Pro Version 4.0 Date: Wed, 22 Jul 1998 15:18:51 -0500 To: tmbg-list@tmbg.org From: Mitchell Harding Subject: Non-TMBG: Apollo 18 owners only? In-Reply-To: <19980722194631.23935.rocketmail@web1.rocketmail.com> Mime-Version: 1.0 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="us-ascii" Sender: owner-tmbg-list@tmbg.org Precedence: bulk Reply-To: Mitchell Harding >I didn't acquire John Henry until a few weeks ago. Does that mean I'm not a dedicated >enough fan to be on this list? Yeah -- don't you read the FAQ? :) >> Man, I wish Leffel(L) was here >Oh, yes. The Messiah on earth, who would come and solve everything. He would >probably tell everyone, including you, what schmucks we're being. Hey lady, you're treading on thin ice! I'm sure there's something in the FAQ about bad-mouthing Leffel also. And I assume you have, per mailing list regulations, made your daily human sacrifice to Leffel today? Harf harf harf, what is a man to do. Harf, Mitch "There are two ways to slice easily through life; to believe everything or to doubt everything. Both ways save us from thinking." Support the Harf Project: All your questions answered, all your problems solved: From owner-tmbg-list@tmbg.org Wed Jul 22 16:32:58 1998 Received: (from majordom@localhost) by ussenterprise.ufp.org (8.8.8/8.8.7) id QAA04295 for tmbg-list-outgoing; Wed, 22 Jul 1998 16:32:58 -0400 (EDT) Received: from web4.rocketmail.com (web4.rocketmail.com [205.180.57.78]) by ussenterprise.ufp.org (8.8.8/8.8.7) with SMTP id QAA04280 for ; Wed, 22 Jul 1998 16:32:50 -0400 (EDT) Message-ID: <19980722202943.26105.rocketmail@web4.rocketmail.com> Received: from [129.115.5.140] by web4; Wed, 22 Jul 1998 13:29:43 PDT Date: Wed, 22 Jul 1998 13:29:43 -0700 (PDT) From: Danielle Gaither Subject: Re: Non-TMBG: Apollo 18 owners only? To: tmbg-list@tmbg.org MIME-Version: 1.0 Content-Type: text/plain; charset=us-ascii Sender: owner-tmbg-list@tmbg.org Precedence: bulk Reply-To: Danielle Gaither ---Mitchell Harding wrote: > > >I didn't acquire John Henry until a few weeks ago. Does that mean I'm not > a dedicated >enough fan to be on this list? > > Yeah -- don't you read the FAQ? :) Oh. (hangs head in shame) > >> Man, I wish Leffel(L) was here > >Oh, yes. The Messiah on earth, who would come and solve everything. He > would > >probably tell everyone, including you, what schmucks we're being. > > Hey lady, you're treading on thin ice! I'm sure there's something in the > FAQ about bad-mouthing Leffel also. And I assume you have, per mailing list > regulations, made your daily human sacrifice to Leffel today? I was not bad-mouthing Leffel. I don't know him, so I don't have an opinion regarding him. What I was, erm, questioning, is the tendency of many people to deify this individual. While he may have written humorous and intelligent posts, he was, and still is, a human being like the rest of us. It's interesting how people become sanctified when they're not around anymore. Pointing out that even the great Johns are still human, Inspector Over the Mine _________________________________________________________ DO YOU YAHOO!? Get your free @yahoo.com address at http://mail.yahoo.com From owner-tmbg-list@tmbg.org Wed Jul 22 16:56:39 1998 Received: (from majordom@localhost) by ussenterprise.ufp.org (8.8.8/8.8.7) id QAA05543 for tmbg-list-outgoing; Wed, 22 Jul 1998 16:56:39 -0400 (EDT) Received: from geocities.com (mail2.geocities.com [209.1.224.30]) by ussenterprise.ufp.org (8.8.8/8.8.7) with ESMTP id QAA05533 for ; Wed, 22 Jul 1998 16:56:35 -0400 (EDT) Received: from blatz (sttn-sh3-port27.snet.net [204.60.44.27]) by geocities.com (8.9.1/8.9.1) with SMTP id NAA10895 for ; Wed, 22 Jul 1998 13:56:18 -0700 (PDT) Message-ID: <000201bdb5b3$aea27de0$1b2c3ccc@blatz> From: "Johann D. Beheader" To: Subject: Re: TMBG: Who's in charge here??? Date: Wed, 22 Jul 1998 01:14:45 -0400 MIME-Version: 1.0 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="iso-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit X-Priority: 3 X-MSMail-Priority: Normal X-Mailer: Microsoft Outlook Express 4.72.3110.1 X-MimeOLE: Produced By Microsoft MimeOLE V4.72.3110.3 Sender: owner-tmbg-list@tmbg.org Precedence: bulk Reply-To: "Johann D. Beheader" >Flansburg seems to be the one in charge of TMBG, but a the same time, >Linnell seems to be the A #1 man. How does it go??? I'm sorry...but it's a band. Everybody has input... John and John and Dan and Dan...if that's still who it is. It's not a buisness (or shouldn't be) and they're not making a product on an assembly line. I sing in a band...I'm not "in charge"...everybody does what they think best, and get input from others as to what to do. It's kinda like making a big decision with four people. -fred "V.O.D. whips my face" holloran From owner-tmbg-list@tmbg.org Wed Jul 22 17:11:47 1998 Received: (from majordom@localhost) by ussenterprise.ufp.org (8.8.8/8.8.7) id RAA06524 for tmbg-list-outgoing; Wed, 22 Jul 1998 17:11:47 -0400 (EDT) Received: from attach1.rocketmail.com (attach1.rocketmail.com [205.180.57.81]) by ussenterprise.ufp.org (8.8.8/8.8.7) with SMTP id RAA06515 for ; Wed, 22 Jul 1998 17:11:45 -0400 (EDT) Message-ID: <19980722210732.9165.rocketmail@attach1.rocketmail.com> Received: from [129.115.5.140] by attach1; Wed, 22 Jul 1998 14:07:32 PDT Date: Wed, 22 Jul 1998 14:07:32 -0700 (PDT) From: Danielle Gaither Subject: Re: TMBG: Who's in charge here??? To: tmbg-list@tmbg.org MIME-Version: 1.0 Content-Type: text/plain; charset=us-ascii Sender: owner-tmbg-list@tmbg.org Precedence: bulk Reply-To: Danielle Gaither ---"Johann D. Beheader" wrote: > I'm sorry...but it's a band. Everybody has input... John and John and Dan > and Dan...if that's still who it is. It's not a buisness (or shouldn't be) Um, actually, I seem to recall an interview in which one of the Johns said that one of the things they had to get used to with working with a full band was that he and John were the leaders. So, my guess is that John and John work everything out with each other and then present it to the band. Whoever that may be. Feeling increasingly prolific, Inspector Over the Mine _________________________________________________________ DO YOU YAHOO!? Get your free @yahoo.com address at http://mail.yahoo.com From owner-tmbg-list@tmbg.org Wed Jul 22 17:18:59 1998 Received: (from majordom@localhost) by ussenterprise.ufp.org (8.8.8/8.8.7) id RAA07018 for tmbg-list-outgoing; Wed, 22 Jul 1998 17:18:59 -0400 (EDT) Received: from geocities.com (mail2.geocities.com [209.1.224.30]) by ussenterprise.ufp.org (8.8.8/8.8.7) with ESMTP id RAA07009 for ; Wed, 22 Jul 1998 17:18:55 -0400 (EDT) Received: from blatz (sttn-sh3-port27.snet.net [204.60.44.27]) by geocities.com (8.9.1/8.9.1) with SMTP id OAA21750 for ; Wed, 22 Jul 1998 14:18:48 -0700 (PDT) Message-ID: <005a01bdb5b6$d356d340$1b2c3ccc@blatz> From: "Johann D. Beheader" To: Subject: Re: TMBG: Who's in charge here??? Date: Wed, 22 Jul 1998 17:22:21 -0400 MIME-Version: 1.0 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="iso-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit X-Priority: 3 X-MSMail-Priority: Normal X-Mailer: Microsoft Outlook Express 4.72.3110.1 X-MimeOLE: Produced By Microsoft MimeOLE V4.72.3110.3 Sender: owner-tmbg-list@tmbg.org Precedence: bulk Reply-To: "Johann D. Beheader" >Um, actually, I seem to recall an interview in which one of the Johns said >that one of the things they had to get used to with working with a full band >was that he and John were the leaders. So, my guess is that John and John >work everything out with each other and then present it to the band. Whoever >that may be. My apologies...."my bad" From owner-tmbg-list@tmbg.org Wed Jul 22 17:55:02 1998 Received: (from majordom@localhost) by ussenterprise.ufp.org (8.8.8/8.8.7) id RAA08771 for tmbg-list-outgoing; Wed, 22 Jul 1998 17:55:02 -0400 (EDT) Received: from gos.oz.cc.utah.edu (scw03960@gos.oz.cc.utah.edu [155.99.2.3]) by ussenterprise.ufp.org (8.8.8/8.8.7) with ESMTP id RAA08755 for ; Wed, 22 Jul 1998 17:54:58 -0400 (EDT) Received: from localhost (scw03960@localhost) by gos.oz.cc.utah.edu (8.8.8/8.8.8) with SMTP id PAA14189; Wed, 22 Jul 1998 15:54:53 -0600 (MDT) Date: Wed, 22 Jul 1998 15:54:52 -0600 (MDT) From: Scot Westwood X-Sender: scw03960@gos To: Mitchell Harding cc: tmbg-list@tmbg.org Subject: TMBG: Non-tmbg Thinking In-Reply-To: <199807222018.QAA03476@ussenterprise.ufp.org> Message-ID: MIME-Version: 1.0 Content-Type: TEXT/PLAIN; charset=US-ASCII Sender: owner-tmbg-list@tmbg.org Precedence: bulk Reply-To: Scot Westwood On Wed, 22 Jul 1998, Mitchell Harding wrote: > "There are two ways to slice easily through life; to believe everything or > to doubt everything. Both ways save us from thinking." > I take exception to this, granted believing everything you hear does save you from thinking, but doubting everything causes you to think. As a scientist and a trained skeptic, I like to think of myself as doubting everything until I've had a chance to look at the facts and decide for myself. Granted I don't go around doubting things that are proven facts, such as the world is round, evolution, or the laws of gravity, but I don't believe everything I hear on CNN, or my neighbors tell me, even if the cite reputable sources. My point is being a skeptic is not easy, nor does it free one from thinking. Doubting everything until you've proven it for yourself requires thought, and it can also save you from making stupid decisions. Oh well I'm sure you're tired of hearing me rant and rave by now. Scot From owner-tmbg-list@tmbg.org Wed Jul 22 18:12:39 1998 Received: (from majordom@localhost) by ussenterprise.ufp.org (8.8.8/8.8.7) id SAA09833 for tmbg-list-outgoing; Wed, 22 Jul 1998 18:12:39 -0400 (EDT) Received: from cmu1.acs.cmu.edu (CMU1.ACS.CMU.EDU [128.2.35.186]) by ussenterprise.ufp.org (8.8.8/8.8.7) with ESMTP id SAA09824 for ; Wed, 22 Jul 1998 18:12:36 -0400 (EDT) Received: from unix45.andrew.cmu.edu (UNIX45.ANDREW.CMU.EDU [128.2.72.69]) by cmu1.acs.cmu.edu (8.8.5/8.8.5) with SMTP id SAA15387 for ; Wed, 22 Jul 1998 18:12:34 -0400 (EDT) Date: Wed, 22 Jul 1998 18:12:35 -0400 (EDT) From: Jish X-Sender: jish@unix45.andrew.cmu.edu To: tmbg-list@tmbg.org Subject: TMBG: TMBG/VF show information Message-ID: MIME-Version: 1.0 Content-Type: TEXT/PLAIN; charset=US-ASCII Sender: owner-tmbg-list@tmbg.org Precedence: bulk Reply-To: Jish Thanks to Deana for posting this to the Violent Femmes list. The show is part of WVU's Fall Funfest. It is a way of welcoming the students back to campus. It will be outdoors and FREE. They do not check student IDs so it is open to the public. There will be MANY people there...possibly more than 10,000....that's about it for now...Yea...it is on the campus of WVU Josh -- Excited about the Violent Giants/They Might Be Femmes concert :) From owner-tmbg-list@tmbg.org Wed Jul 22 18:15:44 1998 Received: (from majordom@localhost) by ussenterprise.ufp.org (8.8.8/8.8.7) id SAA09963 for tmbg-list-outgoing; Wed, 22 Jul 1998 18:15:44 -0400 (EDT) Received: from imo22.mx.aol.com (imo22.mx.aol.com [198.81.17.66]) by ussenterprise.ufp.org (8.8.8/8.8.7) with ESMTP id SAA09953 for ; Wed, 22 Jul 1998 18:15:41 -0400 (EDT) From: DrWormX@aol.com Received: from DrWormX@aol.com by imo22.mx.aol.com (IMOv14_b1.1) id IPLKa20982 for ; Wed, 22 Jul 1998 18:14:40 -0400 (EDT) Message-ID: <16bbda75.35b66451@aol.com> Date: Wed, 22 Jul 1998 18:14:40 EDT To: tmbg-list@tmbg.org Mime-Version: 1.0 Subject: Re: TMBG: Parody Inc. Content-type: text/plain; charset=US-ASCII Content-transfer-encoding: 7bit X-Mailer: AOL 4.0 for Windows 95 sub 120 Sender: owner-tmbg-list@tmbg.org Precedence: bulk Reply-To: DrWormX@aol.com ARG, okay, you all misinterpreted EVERYTHING I just said. First of alllll: I have no problem with parodies, I just didn't think anyone wanted to participate in his little making-up-of-parodies "game", and he was just REAAALLY slow on realizing it, so I decided to make it nice and clear for him. Neeeext: I said nothing at all like "you must have everything related to the band to be on this list". What I actually intended was something along the lines of "don't act like such an expert (or start a 'parody inc.' ha), especially when you only know half the songs" Oh, and another thing: you have to look at all of my posts expecting heavy sarcasm (if you go back and look at my post, you can tell I was being highly sarcastic, or at least you should be able to) And finally: talking about pandas mating with our faces could definitely be a valid solution. Matt--blame it on pez addiction DrWormX@tmbg.org I'm not as messed up as I'd like to be- Hearing Aid From owner-tmbg-list@tmbg.org Wed Jul 22 18:52:10 1998 Received: (from majordom@localhost) by ussenterprise.ufp.org (8.8.8/8.8.7) id SAA12058 for tmbg-list-outgoing; Wed, 22 Jul 1998 18:52:10 -0400 (EDT) Received: from onyx.southwind.net (root@onyx.southwind.net [206.53.103.2]) by ussenterprise.ufp.org (8.8.8/8.8.7) with ESMTP id SAA12049 for ; Wed, 22 Jul 1998 18:52:07 -0400 (EDT) Received: from 479382 ([206.53.111.199]) by onyx.southwind.net (8.8.8/8.8.8) with SMTP id RAA17571; Wed, 22 Jul 1998 17:50:47 -0500 (CDT) Message-Id: <1.5.4.32.19980722225043.00752ad0@cybnetonline.com> X-Sender: njack@cybnetonline.com X-Mailer: Windows Eudora Light Version 1.5.4 (32) Mime-Version: 1.0 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="us-ascii" Date: Wed, 22 Jul 1998 17:50:43 -0500 To: Bill Tatalovich From: "The Li'l Depressed Boy" Subject: Re: non-TMBG: grammer [sic] Cc: TMBG Sender: owner-tmbg-list@tmbg.org Precedence: bulk Reply-To: "The Li'l Depressed Boy" sigh. Rev, I corrected you because it appeared you were correcting them by putting the word interpret in quotations. And anyway, it was just a joke, you take things a li'l too wound up. I suggest you take a min. in Time Out before you finish this letter. At 03:23 AM 7/22/98 -0500, Bill Tatalovich wrote: >Hey all-- > >I apologize to all of you (well, most of you) for the following flame. >I'm just in a bad mood, I guess... > Why apologize, if you don't want people to get mad at you for flaming someone, don't post it. :) >On Tue, 21 Jul 1998, The Li'l Depressed Boy wrote: > >> >Could we PLEASE get this into the FAQ or something? We just talked about >> >this a month ago or so. Yes, the Cherry Poppin' Daddies song, the TMBG >> >song, and many many other songs, "interpret" the song "Powerhouse." That >> > >> Actualy the first person was right. When you interpolate, you basically >> steal the music (Not the recording of it) and put it in your song. >> Interpreting is something completely different. If your gonna correct >> somone's grammer consult a dictionary to see if your right first. > >Um...I wasn't attempting to correct anyone's english there, Mr. LDB. I >decided that I wanted to use the word "interpret" instead of >"interpolate". I think I'm allowed to do that, okay? Okay, I may >be using the wrong word...sue me. Christ, even with plenty o' nicotine in >me (oh shit! wrong usage of the letter "o"!!!), I'm still scratching my >head at this one. > Then it was both our faults. Not mine. Not Yours. Both. >> >Damn it, listen to me. >> No, how 'bout you listen to me. I explained this before. > >You explained WHAT before? Since you're such a stickler for grammar, you >might want to explain "this" instead of throwing in a general term that no >one will actually understand. You explained the whole "Powerhouse" thing? >I don't think so...no one seems to know who Raymond Scott is but me (not >bragging or anything...stating a fact). I didn't see any posts from Mr. >LDB talking about the wonders of Raymond Scott, did anyone else? If I >missed those posts, fine, I apologize. But I doubt that. Oh wait, you >explained english grammar before? Uh, not in terms of the above >situation. And that's a moot point anyway, since I wasn't correcting >anyone's english. Oh, and third point to be made...I wasn't bitter when I >wrote "Damn it, listen to me." I was kidding around. Everyone seemed to >get it except Mr. LDB. Christ, L'il Depressed Boy...keep up with the rest >of the group, or the bus is leaving without you. > You can't even take your own joke reversed on yourself. Rule Number 1 of comedy, if you couldn't take your own joke in return, then you shouldn't use the joke. Gah, you must think I think like you. >Oh wait, one other thing. LDB also posted the following: > >> Yeah, it was a li'l stab at ya. But it interpolate is the correct word. >> Plus if you think about it you can't consult a dictionary for grammer, >> and it was more of a spelling correction than a grammer correction. > >That's true. You can't consult a dictionary for grammar. But you CAN >check a dictionary for "grammer." The word. Jesus Christ...if you're >going to correct other's english, could you at least spell words >correctly? And proofreading? "But it interpolate is the correct >word."???? I look beyond english mistakes in posts until people start >correcting me. And I just know that people will come back, correcting my >english in this post. Don't bother. I no dat i kan skru up sumtims, and >I really don't care. I just choose to correct the english of the people >who correct my own english. > Check when I posted that message. It was late. I don't check my own grammer usually, but I never check it when I'm half asleep. >Again, my apologies to everyone. This probably won't seem worth the time >tomorrow morning, but until then.... > Stop apologizing, it makes it so I don't care about your post here. :) >Scratching his head, wondering just what LDB meant in his posts... > I was trying to be funny, something you try to do but don't understand when it comes your way. LDB, wondering why anyone would compare someone who takes the list so seriously to Leffel. -- (this site cuts the amount of URL's I put in my Sig) My Web Page Index: http://www.cybnetonline.com/users/njack/ TMBG | D.U.M.B. NEWS | Mr. Gone Font -- Contemporary Cartoon Militia is (C) & TM 1998 S. Steven Struble and Kris W. M. Struble. The Li'l Depressed Boy, Phreeck, Spyder Hunt, and all related characters (C) & TM 1998 S. Steven Struble From owner-tmbg-list@tmbg.org Wed Jul 22 19:05:00 1998 Received: (from majordom@localhost) by ussenterprise.ufp.org (8.8.8/8.8.7) id TAA12780 for tmbg-list-outgoing; Wed, 22 Jul 1998 19:05:00 -0400 (EDT) Received: from x18.boston.juno.com (x18.boston.juno.com [205.231.101.29]) by ussenterprise.ufp.org (8.8.8/8.8.7) with ESMTP id TAA12756 for ; Wed, 22 Jul 1998 19:04:57 -0400 (EDT) From: tmbgirl@juno.com Received: (from tmbgirl@juno.com) by x18.boston.juno.com (queuemail) id DJSZDJ33; Wed, 22 Jul 1998 19:04:05 EDT To: mr.train@juno.com Cc: tmbg-list@tmbg.org Date: Wed, 22 Jul 1998 16:18:11 -0600 Subject: Re: TMBG:STD promo for sale + more BNL +Sifl and Ollie Message-ID: <19980722.170506.13974.1.TMBgirl@juno.com> References: <596c26be.35b3ce0b@aol.com> X-Mailer: Juno 1.49 X-Juno-Line-Breaks: 0-5,9-13 Sender: owner-tmbg-list@tmbg.org Precedence: bulk Reply-To: tmbgirl@juno.com >Does anyone think the pogoing that BNL does at the end of the (IMO >disappointing) One Week video is a tribute to our Johns? They are >often mentioned in the same sentences together on this list... hmmm... >it's probably as I said before, just a really good dance... the pogo >that is... uhm not unless all the kiddies doing it at the hanson concert are tributing our johns... beleive me... TMBG fans were NOT the first people to do it. it's been around since forever ago for all those people that don't know how to dance. take it easy, JOrdaN http://www2.netcom.com/~arnot/joda/bootlegs.html NEW SITE: http://members.tripod.com/~tmbgirl/index.html From owner-tmbg-list@tmbg.org Wed Jul 22 19:05:01 1998 Received: (from majordom@localhost) by ussenterprise.ufp.org (8.8.8/8.8.7) id TAA12789 for tmbg-list-outgoing; Wed, 22 Jul 1998 19:05:01 -0400 (EDT) Received: from x18.boston.juno.com (x18.boston.juno.com [205.231.101.29]) by ussenterprise.ufp.org (8.8.8/8.8.7) with ESMTP id TAA12762 for ; Wed, 22 Jul 1998 19:04:58 -0400 (EDT) From: tmbgirl@juno.com Received: (from tmbgirl@juno.com) by x18.boston.juno.com (queuemail) id DJSZDKVS; Wed, 22 Jul 1998 19:04:05 EDT To: dilbert_2000@hotmail.com Cc: tmbg-list@tmbg.org Date: Wed, 22 Jul 1998 16:36:58 -0600 Subject: Re: TMBG: parody exceptions Message-ID: <19980722.170506.13974.6.TMBgirl@juno.com> References: <19980721202005.26857.qmail@hotmail.com> X-Mailer: Juno 1.49 X-Juno-Line-Breaks: 0-3,5-6,8-11 Sender: owner-tmbg-list@tmbg.org Precedence: bulk Reply-To: tmbgirl@juno.com >Alright, I'll do any album EXCEPT Apollo 18, be cause it's the only >one >I don't have yeah? how about Hell Hotel? or better yet Cabbagetown? Welcome To The Jungle? take it easy, JOrdaN "who's gonna laugh when he doesn't know these songs either" http://www2.netcom.com/~arnot/joda/bootlegs.html NEW SITE: http://members.tripod.com/~tmbgirl/index.html _____________________________________________________________________ You don't need to buy Internet access to use free Internet e-mail. Get completely free e-mail from Juno at http://www.juno.com Or call Juno at (800) 654-JUNO [654-5866] From owner-tmbg-list@tmbg.org Wed Jul 22 19:08:27 1998 Received: (from majordom@localhost) by ussenterprise.ufp.org (8.8.8/8.8.7) id TAA13093 for tmbg-list-outgoing; Wed, 22 Jul 1998 19:08:27 -0400 (EDT) Received: from x18.boston.juno.com (x18.boston.juno.com [205.231.101.29]) by ussenterprise.ufp.org (8.8.8/8.8.7) with ESMTP id TAA13084 for ; Wed, 22 Jul 1998 19:08:25 -0400 (EDT) From: tmbgirl@juno.com Received: (from tmbgirl@juno.com) by x18.boston.juno.com (queuemail) id DJSZDKPV; Wed, 22 Jul 1998 19:04:05 EDT To: tmbg-list@tmbg.org Date: Wed, 22 Jul 1998 16:30:28 -0600 Subject: Re: non-TMBG: SNZ Message-ID: <19980722.170506.13974.4.TMBgirl@juno.com> References: X-Mailer: Juno 1.49 X-Juno-Line-Breaks: 0-3,8-12,14 Sender: owner-tmbg-list@tmbg.org Precedence: bulk Reply-To: tmbgirl@juno.com >> According to an ad in Hits Magazine (an awful, awful, pretentious >music >> industry rag), the new SNZ single is "Suits Are Picking Up the Bill" uhm... so i've only heard that damn song 80 times in the past week (it's KTCL's "Fresh Track of The Week" which means they put it in total over-rotation and give away a few copies of the disc and then never play the song again). I really don't like it. It's sounds like their early stuff not so much like HOT. anyways... take it easy, JOrdaN http://www2.netcom.com/~arnot/joda/bootlegs.html NEW SITE: http://members.tripod.com/~tmbgirl/index.html on KTCL right now: Beastie Boys - intergalactic planetary. (yes, it was a fresh track) _____________________________________________________________________ You don't need to buy Internet access to use free Internet e-mail. Get completely free e-mail from Juno at http://www.juno.com Or call Juno at (800) 654-JUNO [654-5866] From owner-tmbg-list@tmbg.org Wed Jul 22 19:08:40 1998 Received: (from majordom@localhost) by ussenterprise.ufp.org (8.8.8/8.8.7) id TAA13145 for tmbg-list-outgoing; Wed, 22 Jul 1998 19:08:40 -0400 (EDT) Received: from x18.boston.juno.com (x18.boston.juno.com [205.231.101.29]) by ussenterprise.ufp.org (8.8.8/8.8.7) with ESMTP id TAA13129 for ; Wed, 22 Jul 1998 19:08:35 -0400 (EDT) From: tmbgirl@juno.com Received: (from tmbgirl@juno.com) by x18.boston.juno.com (queuemail) id DJSZDK6C; Wed, 22 Jul 1998 19:04:06 EDT To: tmbgneat@stlmo.com Cc: tmbg-list@tmbg.org Date: Wed, 22 Jul 1998 16:57:03 -0600 Subject: Re: TMBG: Non-Tmbg: Let's tell off Hanson!!! Message-ID: <19980722.170506.13974.7.TMBgirl@juno.com> References: <19980721230541.12431.qmail@hotmail.com> <35B52B1A.AF1F3241@stlmo.com> X-Mailer: Juno 1.49 X-Juno-Line-Breaks: 0-5,8,10-15,20-24,27-32 Sender: owner-tmbg-list@tmbg.org Precedence: bulk Reply-To: tmbgirl@juno.com >> Quick, go to http://www.chat.yahoo.com by 8:00 PM EST for a live >chat >> with Hanson. Under the "Ask" bar, repetedly type in "You guys suck >> dick!!!" If enough people do it, we'll have enough to get it >through. by now you should have all heard about my "relationship" with (to?) the hanson brothers... anyways, i know that 90% of the World Population that's older than like 12 doesn't like 'em but come on. doing crap like this is waaay more immature and obnoxious than any of those teeny-bopper hanson fans are. >i dont like hanson >either.....but....they >are richer than i will ever be..they also got a lucky break.... okay yeah, they may have gotten a lucky break but come on you guys... you can't go like quadruple platinum without *some* (i'm talking a little) talent here. And don't give me any crap that they don't have any talent. (when you were 10 years old could you play the drums, keyboards, guitar, and sing as well as them?) ."you guys suck dick!!!"......reminds me of the typical >highschooler..."im cool cuase i can say 'suck dick'".... no, don't even give him highschool... that's like 2nd grade stuff bud. if you get around the entire hanson scene perhaps you'll be able to be less biased and close-minded about the band. eh? take it easy, JOrdaN (do i really like this band?) http://www2.netcom.com/~arnot/joda/bootlegs.html NEW SITE: http://members.tripod.com/~tmbgirl/index.html _____________________________________________________________________ You don't need to buy Internet access to use free Internet e-mail. Get completely free e-mail from Juno at http://www.juno.com Or call Juno at (800) 654-JUNO [654-5866] From owner-tmbg-list@tmbg.org Wed Jul 22 19:09:42 1998 Received: (from majordom@localhost) by ussenterprise.ufp.org (8.8.8/8.8.7) id TAA13553 for tmbg-list-outgoing; Wed, 22 Jul 1998 19:09:42 -0400 (EDT) Received: from onyx.southwind.net (root@onyx.southwind.net [206.53.103.2]) by ussenterprise.ufp.org (8.8.8/8.8.7) with ESMTP id TAA13543 for ; Wed, 22 Jul 1998 19:09:39 -0400 (EDT) Received: from 479382 (Njack@[206.53.111.199]) by onyx.southwind.net (8.8.8/8.8.8) with SMTP id SAA24615; Wed, 22 Jul 1998 18:08:15 -0500 (CDT) Message-Id: <1.5.4.32.19980722230811.0075c9d0@cybnetonline.com> X-Sender: njack@cybnetonline.com X-Mailer: Windows Eudora Light Version 1.5.4 (32) Mime-Version: 1.0 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="us-ascii" Date: Wed, 22 Jul 1998 18:08:11 -0500 To: tmbgirl@juno.com From: "The Li'l Depressed Boy" Subject: Re: TMBG: parody exceptions Cc: dilbert_2000@hotmail.com, tmbg-list@tmbg.org Sender: owner-tmbg-list@tmbg.org Precedence: bulk Reply-To: "The Li'l Depressed Boy" At 04:36 PM 7/22/98 -0600, tmbgirl@juno.com wrote: >>Alright, I'll do any album EXCEPT Apollo 18, be cause it's the only >>one >>I don't have > >yeah? how about Hell Hotel? or better yet Cabbagetown? Welcome To The >Jungle? > While were at it, The Summer Breeze, So long Mocking Bird, Feel Good Sublet of the Summer, and Certain People I could name? >take it easy, JOrdaN "who's gonna laugh when he doesn't know these songs >either" Laughin' with ya. LDB, adding insult to injury. :) -- (this site cuts the amount of URL's I put in my Sig) My Web Page Index: http://www.cybnetonline.com/users/njack/ TMBG | D.U.M.B. NEWS | Mr. Gone Font -- Contemporary Cartoon Militia is (C) & TM 1998 S. Steven Struble and Kris W. M. Struble. The Li'l Depressed Boy, Phreeck, Spyder Hunt, and all related characters (C) & TM 1998 S. Steven Struble From owner-tmbg-list@tmbg.org Wed Jul 22 19:45:59 1998 Received: (from majordom@localhost) by ussenterprise.ufp.org (8.8.8/8.8.7) id TAA15373 for tmbg-list-outgoing; Wed, 22 Jul 1998 19:45:59 -0400 (EDT) Received: from m18.boston.juno.com (m18.boston.juno.com [205.231.101.191]) by ussenterprise.ufp.org (8.8.8/8.8.7) with ESMTP id TAA15363 for ; Wed, 22 Jul 1998 19:45:55 -0400 (EDT) Received: (from captainmarvel2@juno.com) by m18.boston.juno.com (queuemail) id DJS3LNL4; Wed, 22 Jul 1998 19:42:55 EDT To: tmbg-list@tmbg.org Subject: Re: TMBG: parody exceptions Message-ID: <19980722.194143.8991.0.captainmarvel2@juno.com> References: <1.5.4.32.19980722230811.0075c9d0@cybnetonline.com> X-Mailer: Juno 1.49 X-Juno-Line-Breaks: 1-4 From: captainmarvel2@juno.com (Derek A Klein) Date: Wed, 22 Jul 1998 19:42:55 EDT Sender: owner-tmbg-list@tmbg.org Precedence: bulk Reply-To: captainmarvel2@juno.com (Derek A Klein) I was just wondering: Is Hell Hotel on some EP that I don't have, or is this an unreleased song? Derek "Egad, a base tone denotes a bad age" _____________________________________________________________________ You don't need to buy Internet access to use free Internet e-mail. Get completely free e-mail from Juno at http://www.juno.com Or call Juno at (800) 654-JUNO [654-5866] From owner-tmbg-list@tmbg.org Wed Jul 22 19:49:57 1998 Received: (from majordom@localhost) by ussenterprise.ufp.org (8.8.8/8.8.7) id TAA15881 for tmbg-list-outgoing; Wed, 22 Jul 1998 19:49:57 -0400 (EDT) Received: from sumter.awod.com (sumter.awod.com [208.140.99.1] (may be forged)) by ussenterprise.ufp.org (8.8.8/8.8.7) with ESMTP id TAA15872 for ; Wed, 22 Jul 1998 19:49:54 -0400 (EDT) Received: from ctyner.awod.com (chs0287.awod.com [208.140.97.47]) by sumter.awod.com (8.8.7/8.8.8) with SMTP id TAA14811; Wed, 22 Jul 1998 19:48:33 -0400 (EDT) (envelope-from ctyner@clemson.edu) Message-Id: <3.0.1.32.19980722194800.0069ffcc@130.127.28.14> X-Sender: ctyner@130.127.28.14 X-Mailer: Windows Eudora Pro Version 3.0.1 (32) Date: Wed, 22 Jul 1998 19:48:00 -0400 To: captainmarvel2@juno.com (Derek A Klein), tmbg-list@tmbg.org From: Adam Tyner Subject: Re: TMBG: parody exceptions In-Reply-To: <19980722.194143.8991.0.captainmarvel2@juno.com> References: <1.5.4.32.19980722230811.0075c9d0@cybnetonline.com> Mime-Version: 1.0 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="us-ascii" Sender: owner-tmbg-list@tmbg.org Precedence: bulk Reply-To: Adam Tyner At 07:42 PM 7/22/98 EDT, Derek A Klein wrote: >I was just wondering: Is Hell Hotel on some EP that I don't have, or is >this an unreleased song? It's on one of the early demo tapes...it's the only song from the 23-song demo tape that hasn't been re-recorded or in some way released on CD. -Adam -- /=---------------- http://www.he-man.org/ctyner/ ----------------=\ http://www.awod.com/gallery/rwav/ctyner/ The home of He-Man, "Weird Al", Yoo-hoo, Killer Tomatoes, and more! Demented music list admin O- MiSTie #67,326 From owner-tmbg-list@tmbg.org Wed Jul 22 20:21:00 1998 Received: (from majordom@localhost) by ussenterprise.ufp.org (8.8.8/8.8.7) id UAA17567 for tmbg-list-outgoing; Wed, 22 Jul 1998 20:21:00 -0400 (EDT) Received: from imo28.mx.aol.com (imo28.mx.aol.com [198.81.17.72]) by ussenterprise.ufp.org (8.8.8/8.8.7) with ESMTP id UAA17558 for ; Wed, 22 Jul 1998 20:20:58 -0400 (EDT) From: DrWormX@aol.com Received: from DrWormX@aol.com by imo28.mx.aol.com (IMOv14_b1.1) id ISJLa17153 for ; Wed, 22 Jul 1998 20:20:21 +2000 (EDT) Message-ID: <193d14c7.35b681c7@aol.com> Date: Wed, 22 Jul 1998 20:20:21 EDT To: tmbg-list@tmbg.org Mime-Version: 1.0 Subject: TMBG: non-tmbg:don't look for dilbeert_2000 any time soon on this list Content-type: text/plain; charset=US-ASCII Content-transfer-encoding: 7bit X-Mailer: AOL 4.0 for Windows 95 sub 120 Sender: owner-tmbg-list@tmbg.org Precedence: bulk Reply-To: DrWormX@aol.com I would like to report that Dilbert_2000@hotmail.com (this specific name) will not be posting to this list anymore. This is for reasons I cannot give (hotmail is the best), and if you would like to thank me, donations to the matt is poor fund can be sent to 141 Cooper Ave, Up. Montclair, NJ 07043. if you are too cheap to donate, you can send me an e-mail of thanks, and if you think what I did was wrong, screw you. monkeys mating with our faces Matt--blame it on pez addiction DrWormX@tmbg.org I'm not as messed up as I'd like to be- Hearing Aid From owner-tmbg-list@tmbg.org Wed Jul 22 20:31:21 1998 Received: (from majordom@localhost) by ussenterprise.ufp.org (8.8.8/8.8.7) id UAA18116 for tmbg-list-outgoing; Wed, 22 Jul 1998 20:31:21 -0400 (EDT) Received: from web1.rocketmail.com (web1.rocketmail.com [205.180.57.67]) by ussenterprise.ufp.org (8.8.8/8.8.7) with SMTP id UAA18107 for ; Wed, 22 Jul 1998 20:31:19 -0400 (EDT) Message-ID: <19980723001951.27348.rocketmail@web1.rocketmail.com> Received: from [129.115.5.231] by web1; Wed, 22 Jul 1998 17:19:51 PDT Date: Wed, 22 Jul 1998 17:19:51 -0700 (PDT) From: Danielle Gaither Subject: Re: TMBG: parody exceptions To: tmbg-list@tmbg.org MIME-Version: 1.0 Content-Type: text/plain; charset=us-ascii Sender: owner-tmbg-list@tmbg.org Precedence: bulk Reply-To: Danielle Gaither ---The Li'l Depressed Boy wrote: > > At 04:36 PM 7/22/98 -0600, tmbgirl@juno.com wrote: > >yeah? how about Hell Hotel? or better yet Cabbagetown? Welcome To The > >Jungle? > > > While were at it, The Summer Breeze, So long Mocking Bird, Feel Good Sublet > of the Summer, and Certain People I could name? > > >take it easy, JOrdaN "who's gonna laugh when he doesn't know these songs > >either" > Laughin' with ya. That's right, laughing is the answer! It's good to know there are vigilant ones like you who are helping to keep the riff-raff out. I say that we close off this list to new subscribers unless they pass a test of TMBG knowledge. A mere interest in Their music isn't enough! It may be for other bands, but we're better than that, aren't we? Also, they must own all the albums and singles, at least 3 bootlegs, and have seen Them live 10 times. I think the only true fans are the ones who have been around for 10 years, and the newer ones who come along just don't get it. If they weren't there in the beginning, forget 'em! Anyone who doesn't meet the above qualifications is obviously just a trendy little neophyte with no real interest in Their music and obviously deserves to be flamed incessantly. Bonus points for those who know more about the Johns than they do about their own best friends. > LDB, adding insult to injury. :) Pointing everyone to her new .sig, Inspector Over the Mine == URL: http://www.geocities.com/CollegePark/1054/index.html "Your mouth is made up, but your mind is undone." --Elvis Costello _________________________________________________________ DO YOU YAHOO!? Get your free @yahoo.com address at http://mail.yahoo.com From owner-tmbg-list@tmbg.org Wed Jul 22 20:35:52 1998 Received: (from majordom@localhost) by ussenterprise.ufp.org (8.8.8/8.8.7) id UAA18224 for tmbg-list-outgoing; Wed, 22 Jul 1998 20:35:52 -0400 (EDT) Received: from imo25.mx.aol.com (imo25.mx.aol.com [198.81.17.69]) by ussenterprise.ufp.org (8.8.8/8.8.7) with ESMTP id UAA18215 for ; Wed, 22 Jul 1998 20:35:50 -0400 (EDT) From: DrWormX@aol.com Received: from DrWormX@aol.com by imo25.mx.aol.com (IMOv14_b1.1) id 4SOKa03745; Wed, 22 Jul 1998 20:35:15 +2000 (EDT) Message-ID: <3caffc7e.35b68546@aol.com> Date: Wed, 22 Jul 1998 20:35:15 EDT To: cherubino@rocketmail.com, tmbg-list@tmbg.org Mime-Version: 1.0 Subject: Re: TMBG: parody exceptions Content-type: text/plain; charset=US-ASCII Content-transfer-encoding: 7bit X-Mailer: AOL 4.0 for Windows 95 sub 120 Sender: owner-tmbg-list@tmbg.org Precedence: bulk Reply-To: DrWormX@aol.com great idea! Matt--blame it on pez addiction DrWormX@tmbg.org I'm not as messed up as I'd like to be- Hearing Aid From owner-tmbg-list@tmbg.org Wed Jul 22 20:39:28 1998 Received: (from majordom@localhost) by ussenterprise.ufp.org (8.8.8/8.8.7) id UAA18412 for tmbg-list-outgoing; Wed, 22 Jul 1998 20:39:28 -0400 (EDT) Received: from aludra.usc.edu (aludra.usc.edu [128.125.253.184]) by ussenterprise.ufp.org (8.8.8/8.8.7) with ESMTP id UAA18402 for ; Wed, 22 Jul 1998 20:39:25 -0400 (EDT) Received: from localhost (ayaari@localhost) by aludra.usc.edu (8.8.8/8.8.8/usc) with SMTP id RAA01438; Wed, 22 Jul 1998 17:39:23 -0700 (PDT) X-Authentication-Warning: aludra.usc.edu: ayaari owned process doing -bs Date: Wed, 22 Jul 1998 17:39:23 -0700 (PDT) From: Alon Yaari To: DrWormX@aol.com cc: tmbg-list@tmbg.org Subject: Re: TMBG: non-tmbg:don't look for dilbeert_2000 any time soon on this list In-Reply-To: <193d14c7.35b681c7@aol.com> Message-ID: MIME-Version: 1.0 Content-Type: TEXT/PLAIN; charset=US-ASCII Sender: owner-tmbg-list@tmbg.org Precedence: bulk Reply-To: Alon Yaari >I would like to report that Dilbert_2000@hotmail.com (this specific name) will >not be posting to this list anymore. This is for reasons I cannot give >(hotmail is the best), and if you would like to thank me, donations to the >matt is poor fund can be sent to 141 Cooper Ave, Up. Montclair, NJ 07043. if >you are too cheap to donate, you can send me an e-mail of thanks, and if you >think what I did was wrong, screw you. You mean I won't have to see any more posts about how Dilbert2000 killed himself because someone insulted him in this list? -Yar From owner-tmbg-list@tmbg.org Wed Jul 22 20:46:09 1998 Received: (from majordom@localhost) by ussenterprise.ufp.org (8.8.8/8.8.7) id UAA18874 for tmbg-list-outgoing; Wed, 22 Jul 1998 20:46:09 -0400 (EDT) Received: from imo27.mx.aol.com (imo27.mx.aol.com [198.81.17.71]) by ussenterprise.ufp.org (8.8.8/8.8.7) with ESMTP id UAA18865 for ; Wed, 22 Jul 1998 20:46:07 -0400 (EDT) From: DrWormX@aol.com Received: from DrWormX@aol.com by imo27.mx.aol.com (IMOv14_b1.1) id IAPOa06640 for ; Wed, 22 Jul 1998 20:45:06 +2000 (EDT) Message-ID: <3cb0a684.35b68793@aol.com> Date: Wed, 22 Jul 1998 20:45:06 EDT To: tmbg-list@tmbg.org Mime-Version: 1.0 Subject: TMBG: non-tttmmmbbbggg:josh is dead Content-type: text/plain; charset=US-ASCII Content-transfer-encoding: 7bit X-Mailer: AOL 4.0 for Windows 95 sub 120 Sender: owner-tmbg-list@tmbg.org Precedence: bulk Reply-To: DrWormX@aol.com unless (like the jack ass he is) starts another hotmail account. But once a profanity comes out of his mouth, abuse@hotmail.com will know about it Matt--blame it on pez addiction DrWormX@tmbg.org I'm not as messed up as I'd like to be- Hearing Aid From owner-tmbg-list@tmbg.org Wed Jul 22 20:53:43 1998 Received: (from majordom@localhost) by ussenterprise.ufp.org (8.8.8/8.8.7) id UAA19426 for tmbg-list-outgoing; Wed, 22 Jul 1998 20:53:43 -0400 (EDT) Received: from web4.rocketmail.com (web4.rocketmail.com [205.180.57.78]) by ussenterprise.ufp.org (8.8.8/8.8.7) with SMTP id UAA19417 for ; Wed, 22 Jul 1998 20:53:41 -0400 (EDT) Message-ID: <19980723005042.25414.rocketmail@web4.rocketmail.com> Received: from [129.115.5.231] by web4; Wed, 22 Jul 1998 17:50:42 PDT Date: Wed, 22 Jul 1998 17:50:42 -0700 (PDT) From: Danielle Gaither Subject: Re: TMBG: non-tmbg:don't look for dilbeert_2000 any time soon on this list To: DrWormX@aol.com Cc: tmbg-list@tmbg.org MIME-Version: 1.0 Content-Type: text/plain; charset=us-ascii Sender: owner-tmbg-list@tmbg.org Precedence: bulk Reply-To: Danielle Gaither ---DrWormX@aol.com wrote: > > I would like to report that Dilbert_2000@hotmail.com (this specific name) will > not be posting to this list anymore. This is for reasons I cannot give > (hotmail is the best), and if you would like to thank me, donations to the OK, his reply to your post was a bit excessive, but I think your actions amount to using a nuclear weapon on an ant. > matt is poor fund can be sent to 141 Cooper Ave, Up. Montclair, NJ 07043. if > you are too cheap to donate, you can send me an e-mail of thanks, and if you > think what I did was wrong, screw you. Ooh, is that an invitation? :P Since your opinion is already established, let me state mine: what you did was seriously uncool. Sure, he made some stupid statements, but I really don't think that merited getting his account zapped. I do think he had a genuine interest in Their music, and I think that should be the only requirement to be on this list. Just because he didn't meet your elitist definition and got angry when you expressed your elitism does not give you the right to do what you did. Daring you (or anyone else) to flame her, Inspector Over the Mine == URL: http://www.geocities.com/CollegePark/1054/index.html "Your mouth is made up, but your mind is undone." --Elvis Costello _________________________________________________________ DO YOU YAHOO!? Get your free @yahoo.com address at http://mail.yahoo.com From owner-tmbg-list@tmbg.org Wed Jul 22 21:03:26 1998 Received: (from majordom@localhost) by ussenterprise.ufp.org (8.8.8/8.8.7) id VAA19947 for tmbg-list-outgoing; Wed, 22 Jul 1998 21:03:26 -0400 (EDT) Received: from imo24.mx.aol.com (imo24.mx.aol.com [198.81.17.68]) by ussenterprise.ufp.org (8.8.8/8.8.7) with ESMTP id VAA19938 for ; Wed, 22 Jul 1998 21:03:24 -0400 (EDT) From: DrWormX@aol.com Received: from DrWormX@aol.com by imo24.mx.aol.com (IMOv14_b1.1) id 4KQPa22588; Wed, 22 Jul 1998 21:02:29 +2000 (EDT) Message-ID: Date: Wed, 22 Jul 1998 21:02:29 EDT To: cherubino@rocketmail.com, tmbg-list@tmbg.org Mime-Version: 1.0 Subject: Re: TMBG: non-tmbg:don't look for dilbeert_2000 any time soon on this list Content-type: text/plain; charset=US-ASCII Content-transfer-encoding: 7bit X-Mailer: AOL 4.0 for Windows 95 sub 120 Sender: owner-tmbg-list@tmbg.org Precedence: bulk Reply-To: DrWormX@aol.com In a message dated 7/22/98 8:54:55 PM Eastern Daylight Time, cherubino@rocketmail.com writes: << Since your opinion is already established, let me state mine: what you did was seriously uncool. Sure, he made some stupid statements, but I really don't think that merited getting his account zapped. I do think he had a genuine interest in Their music, and I think that should be the only requirement to be on this list. Just because he didn't meet your elitist definition and got angry when you expressed your elitism does not give you the right to do what you did. Daring you (or anyone else) to flame her, Inspector Over the Mine >> did you not hear me, or are you just stupid, I said "If you think what I did id wrong, screw you" and no it's not an invitation, and yes, he did deserve it, and yes you've started getting on my nerves the last day or two. Matt--blame it on pez addiction DrWormX@tmbg.org I'm not as messed up as I'd like to be- Hearing Aid From owner-tmbg-list@tmbg.org Wed Jul 22 21:13:03 1998 Received: (from majordom@localhost) by ussenterprise.ufp.org (8.8.8/8.8.7) id VAA20452 for tmbg-list-outgoing; Wed, 22 Jul 1998 21:13:03 -0400 (EDT) Received: from web2.rocketmail.com (web2.rocketmail.com [205.180.57.68]) by ussenterprise.ufp.org (8.8.8/8.8.7) with SMTP id VAA20443 for ; Wed, 22 Jul 1998 21:12:56 -0400 (EDT) Message-ID: <19980723012142.9035.rocketmail@web2.rocketmail.com> Received: from [129.115.5.231] by web2; Wed, 22 Jul 1998 18:21:42 PDT Date: Wed, 22 Jul 1998 18:21:42 -0700 (PDT) From: Danielle Gaither Subject: Re: TMBG: non-tmbg:don't look for dilbeert_2000 any time soon on this list To: tmbg-list@tmbg.org MIME-Version: 1.0 Content-Type: text/plain; charset=us-ascii Sender: owner-tmbg-list@tmbg.org Precedence: bulk Reply-To: Danielle Gaither ---DrWormX@aol.com wrote: > did you not hear me, Yes, I did. > or are you just stupid, No, I'm not. > I said "If you think what I did id wrong, screw you" I'm quite aware of that, but "not everything is about you, Mulder." > and no it's not an invitation, Duh. Sarcasm. Besides, I wouldn't accept it if it were. > and yes, he did deserve it, That's your opinion. > and yes you've started getting on my nerves the last day or two. How 'bout I show you the same sensitivity you're showing? Beating people up for stating their beliefs, Inspector Over the Mine == URL: http://www.geocities.com/CollegePark/1054/index.html "Your mouth is made up, but your mind is undone." --Elvis Costello _________________________________________________________ DO YOU YAHOO!? Get your free @yahoo.com address at http://mail.yahoo.com From owner-tmbg-list@tmbg.org Wed Jul 22 21:21:42 1998 Received: (from majordom@localhost) by ussenterprise.ufp.org (8.8.8/8.8.7) id VAA20980 for tmbg-list-outgoing; Wed, 22 Jul 1998 21:21:42 -0400 (EDT) Received: from imo16.mx.aol.com (imo16.mx.aol.com [198.81.17.6]) by ussenterprise.ufp.org (8.8.8/8.8.7) with ESMTP id VAA20971 for ; Wed, 22 Jul 1998 21:21:39 -0400 (EDT) From: DrWormX@aol.com Received: from DrWormX@aol.com by imo16.mx.aol.com (IMOv14_b1.1) id ILSGa27698 for ; Wed, 22 Jul 1998 21:21:01 +2000 (EDT) Message-ID: <74f47716.35b68ffe@aol.com> Date: Wed, 22 Jul 1998 21:21:01 EDT To: tmbg-list@tmbg.org Mime-Version: 1.0 Subject: Re: TMBG: non-tmbg:don't look for dilbert_2000 any time soon on this list Content-type: text/plain; charset=US-ASCII Content-transfer-encoding: 7bit X-Mailer: AOL 4.0 for Windows 95 sub 120 Sender: owner-tmbg-list@tmbg.org Precedence: bulk Reply-To: DrWormX@aol.com dammit (you can tell I'm pissed now), by saying "If you think what I did was wrong, screw you" I meant, I didn't want to hear about it. Obviously, you couldn't comprehend this, or you would've kept your mouth clo-sed. Let it end like this, because I know people are gonna get pissed when they check their mail in the morning, and they find an argument that should've been settled off of the list. Matt--blame it on pez addiction DrWormX@tmbg.org I'm not as messed up as I'd like to be- Hearing Aid From owner-tmbg-list@tmbg.org Wed Jul 22 21:32:34 1998 Received: (from majordom@localhost) by ussenterprise.ufp.org (8.8.8/8.8.7) id VAA21559 for tmbg-list-outgoing; Wed, 22 Jul 1998 21:32:34 -0400 (EDT) Received: from imo17.mx.aol.com (imo17.mx.aol.com [198.81.17.7]) by ussenterprise.ufp.org (8.8.8/8.8.7) with ESMTP id VAA21550 for ; Wed, 22 Jul 1998 21:32:32 -0400 (EDT) From: DrWormX@aol.com Received: from DrWormX@aol.com by imo17.mx.aol.com (IMOv14_b1.1) id IOAKa02269 for ; Wed, 22 Jul 1998 21:31:52 +2000 (EDT) Message-ID: <5d854f9a.35b6928a@aol.com> Date: Wed, 22 Jul 1998 21:31:52 EDT To: tmbg-list@tmbg.org Mime-Version: 1.0 Subject: Re: TMBG: non-tmbg:don't look for dilbert_2000 any time soon on this list Content-type: text/plain; charset=US-ASCII Content-transfer-encoding: 7bit X-Mailer: AOL 4.0 for Windows 95 sub 120 Sender: owner-tmbg-list@tmbg.org Precedence: bulk Reply-To: DrWormX@aol.com Now that she gave her little spiel, who's with me?!? I know you are, CTyner. Anyone else agree with what I did? Please? Anyone? Matt--blame it on pez addiction DrWormX@tmbg.org I'm not as messed up as I'd like to be- Hearing Aid From owner-tmbg-list@tmbg.org Wed Jul 22 21:39:36 1998 Received: (from majordom@localhost) by ussenterprise.ufp.org (8.8.8/8.8.7) id VAA21853 for tmbg-list-outgoing; Wed, 22 Jul 1998 21:39:36 -0400 (EDT) Received: from gos.oz.cc.utah.edu (jek1@gos.oz.cc.utah.edu [155.99.2.3]) by ussenterprise.ufp.org (8.8.8/8.8.7) with ESMTP id VAA21844 for ; Wed, 22 Jul 1998 21:39:33 -0400 (EDT) Received: from localhost (jek1@localhost) by gos.oz.cc.utah.edu (8.8.8/8.8.8) with SMTP id TAA22816 for ; Wed, 22 Jul 1998 19:39:29 -0600 (MDT) Date: Wed, 22 Jul 1998 19:39:28 -0600 (MDT) From: J Kuemmerle X-Sender: jek1@gos To: The TMBG Mailing List Subject: TMBG: here we go again. Message-ID: MIME-Version: 1.0 Content-Type: TEXT/PLAIN; charset=US-ASCII Sender: owner-tmbg-list@tmbg.org Precedence: bulk Reply-To: J Kuemmerle matt wrote: > I would like to report that Dilbert_2000@hotmail.com (this specific > name) will not be posting to this list anymore. This is for reasons I > cannot give (hotmail is the best), and if you would like to thank me... you'll of course forgive me if i don't exactly just stand up and give a big rousing cheer, huh? :/ then danielle wrote: > OK, his reply to your post was a bit excessive, but I think your actions > amount to using a nuclear weapon on an ant. "there's an ant crawling up my back in the nighttime! AIEEEEEee..." (sizzle) sorry. couldn't resist that. anyway, now that i've got that out of my system, here's a quick quiz: how can you tell if i'm ticked off when i'm writing an e-mail? the answer: i start using roman numerals. so -- here i go: (i) i've done what matt did before (using a loophole to get rid of somebody who wouldn't leave on his own,) so i can't condemn *that*, specifically. however, in my instance, the guy was *actually* abusive, rather than just loud, and he was also physically there, as well as physically threatening. that having been said, i have to come down in full agreement with danielle. what you did was uncool. there's no law against just being annoying. oh, wait! there's that "new mail" beep again. let's see what gem this brings! matt writes: > dammit (you can tell I'm pissed now), by saying "If you think what I did > was wrong, screw you" I meant, I didn't want to hear about it. > Obviously, you couldn't comprehend this, or you would've kept your mouth > clo-sed. hmm. i think there's a difference, matt, between "couldn't comprehend this" and "doesn't give a fuck what you think." count me for the time being in the latter category. i'm pissed (and let me say that i do *not* get pissed easily *at* all) that you took this all into your own hands, that there was (at least not that you've mentioned) no appeal or complaint to leo on these matters, that you bragged (take a good long look at that and just try to tell me that it's not bragging!) about it to the list, that you continued your argument with danielle on list, particularly since you then went on to say: > I know people are gonna get pissed when they check their mail in the > morning, and they find an argument that should've been settled off > of the list. to continue: i'm also pissed that you have been insulting danielle, and, for that matter, josh, on the list. i'm pissed that you do something like this and expect *not* to have any discussion and/or argument about it from opposing viewpoints, and that you just happen to insult anyone who just so happens to disagree with your views and actions. and if you want to have it out with me for saying so, be my guest. if you want to defend your actions, go ahead and post it. if you just want to give my ass a little chewing, send it to me off-list, as that doesn't concern anybody else here. ope! there's the beep: > Now that she gave her little spiel, who's with me?!? I know you are, > CTyner. Anyone else agree with what I did? Please? Anyone? i think you can tell where i stand on the issue. --jim kuemmerle, for once *not* a happy camper... j.kuemmerle@m.cc.utah.edu http://www.geocities.com/soho/gallery/4668/ From owner-tmbg-list@tmbg.org Wed Jul 22 21:40:47 1998 Received: (from majordom@localhost) by ussenterprise.ufp.org (8.8.8/8.8.7) id VAA21946 for tmbg-list-outgoing; Wed, 22 Jul 1998 21:40:47 -0400 (EDT) Received: from hotmail.com (f56.hotmail.com [207.82.251.68]) by ussenterprise.ufp.org (8.8.8/8.8.7) with SMTP id VAA21936 for ; Wed, 22 Jul 1998 21:40:44 -0400 (EDT) Received: (qmail 23038 invoked by uid 0); 23 Jul 1998 01:40:13 -0000 Message-ID: <19980723014013.23037.qmail@hotmail.com> Received: from 204.60.205.70 by www.hotmail.com with HTTP; Wed, 22 Jul 1998 18:40:13 PDT X-Originating-IP: [204.60.205.70] From: "Sarah faye" To: tmbg-list@tmbg.org Subject: Re: TMBG: non-tmbg:don't look for dilbert_2000 any time soon on this list Content-Type: text/plain Date: Wed, 22 Jul 1998 18:40:13 PDT Sender: owner-tmbg-list@tmbg.org Precedence: bulk Reply-To: "Sarah faye" >Now that she gave her little spiel, who's with me?!? I know you are, CTyner. >Anyone else agree with what I did? Please? Anyone? i agree with what you did, not because he wasn't "a true fan" or anything of that sort of stuff that's been being bandied about recently, but because he was being an ignorant, annoying dork, swearing at people for no reason, and acting like everyone had to respond to his posts or else he was entitled to whine about it. People like that deserve to be taught a lesson as a general principle. sarah faye yeux commes etoiles, figure d'un ange ______________________________________________________ Get Your Private, Free Email at http://www.hotmail.com From owner-tmbg-list@tmbg.org Wed Jul 22 21:40:51 1998 Received: (from majordom@localhost) by ussenterprise.ufp.org (8.8.8/8.8.7) id VAA21986 for tmbg-list-outgoing; Wed, 22 Jul 1998 21:40:51 -0400 (EDT) Received: from web4.rocketmail.com (web4.rocketmail.com [205.180.57.78]) by ussenterprise.ufp.org (8.8.8/8.8.7) with SMTP id VAA21973 for ; Wed, 22 Jul 1998 21:40:49 -0400 (EDT) Message-ID: <19980723013747.354.rocketmail@web4.rocketmail.com> Received: from [129.115.5.231] by web4; Wed, 22 Jul 1998 18:37:47 PDT Date: Wed, 22 Jul 1998 18:37:47 -0700 (PDT) From: Danielle Gaither Subject: Re: TMBG: non-tmbg:don't look for dilbert_2000 any time soon on this list To: tmbg-list@tmbg.org MIME-Version: 1.0 Content-Type: text/plain; charset=us-ascii Sender: owner-tmbg-list@tmbg.org Precedence: bulk Reply-To: Danielle Gaither ---DrWormX@aol.com wrote: > > dammit (you can tell I'm pissed now), Yes, I can. > by saying "If you think what I did was > wrong, screw you" I meant, I didn't want to hear about it. There's a word for that: copout. You can't just say "nobody express any disagreement with me." It doesn't work that way. > Obviously, you > couldn't comprehend this, or you would've kept your mouth clo-sed. I understood you perfectly. However, my reasons for replying had very little to do with you. I simply wanted to say that your actions did not speak for everybody. > Let it end > like this, because I know people are gonna get pissed when they check their > mail in the morning, and they find an argument that should've been settled off > of the list. Yet in your next post, you clamor for support. Doesn't sound to me like you're too interested in ending this. > Matt--blame it on pez addiction > DrWormX@tmbg.org > I'm not as messed up as I'd like to be- Hearing Aid Standing her ground, Inspector Over the Mine == URL: http://www.geocities.com/CollegePark/1054/index.html "Your mouth is made up, but your mind is undone." --Elvis Costello _________________________________________________________ DO YOU YAHOO!? Get your free @yahoo.com address at http://mail.yahoo.com From owner-tmbg-list@tmbg.org Wed Jul 22 21:54:22 1998 Received: (from majordom@localhost) by ussenterprise.ufp.org (8.8.8/8.8.7) id VAA23027 for tmbg-list-outgoing; Wed, 22 Jul 1998 21:54:22 -0400 (EDT) Received: from x18.boston.juno.com (x18.boston.juno.com [205.231.101.29]) by ussenterprise.ufp.org (8.8.8/8.8.7) with ESMTP id VAA23017 for ; Wed, 22 Jul 1998 21:54:20 -0400 (EDT) From: tmbgirl@juno.com Received: (from tmbgirl@juno.com) by x18.boston.juno.com (queuemail) id DJTA38KP; Wed, 22 Jul 1998 21:53:45 EDT To: cherubino@rocketmail.com, tmbg-list@tmbg.org Date: Wed, 22 Jul 1998 19:54:24 -0600 Subject: Re: TMBG: parody exceptions Message-ID: <19980722.195452.13974.13.TMBgirl@juno.com> References: <19980723001951.27348.rocketmail@web1.rocketmail.com> X-Mailer: Juno 1.49 X-Juno-Line-Breaks: 0-6,8 Sender: owner-tmbg-list@tmbg.org Precedence: bulk Reply-To: tmbgirl@juno.com >Also, they must own all the albums and singles, at least 3 bootlegs, should i start laughing now? take it easy, JOrdaN "whose prolly hit 200 TMBG bootlegs by now" http://www2.netcom.com/~arnot/joda/bootlegs.html NEW SITE: http://members.tripod.com/~tmbgirl/index.html Currently on KTCL: Fat Boy Slim: (the song i'd call soul-funk brotha but i know it's not...) _____________________________________________________________________ You don't need to buy Internet access to use free Internet e-mail. Get completely free e-mail from Juno at http://www.juno.com Or call Juno at (800) 654-JUNO [654-5866] From owner-tmbg-list@tmbg.org Wed Jul 22 21:54:50 1998 Received: (from majordom@localhost) by ussenterprise.ufp.org (8.8.8/8.8.7) id VAA23098 for tmbg-list-outgoing; Wed, 22 Jul 1998 21:54:50 -0400 (EDT) Received: from imo20.mx.aol.com (imo20.mx.aol.com [198.81.17.10]) by ussenterprise.ufp.org (8.8.8/8.8.7) with ESMTP id VAA23082 for ; Wed, 22 Jul 1998 21:54:47 -0400 (EDT) From: OverpassX@aol.com Received: from OverpassX@aol.com by imo20.mx.aol.com (IMOv14_b1.1) id QHCQa19316; Wed, 22 Jul 1998 21:53:40 +2000 (EDT) Message-ID: <839c108a.35b697a5@aol.com> Date: Wed, 22 Jul 1998 21:53:40 EDT To: wt3@cec.wustl.edu, tmbg-digest@tmbg.org Mime-Version: 1.0 Subject: Re: non-TMBG: grammer [sic] Content-type: text/plain; charset=US-ASCII Content-transfer-encoding: 7bit X-Mailer: AOL 4.0 for Windows 95 sub 170 Sender: owner-tmbg-list@tmbg.org Precedence: bulk Reply-To: OverpassX@aol.com << You can't consult a dictionary for grammar. But you CAN check a dictionary for "grammer." The word. Jesus Christ...if you're going to correct other's english, could you at least spell words correctly? >> Ummmm.... grammar is spelled G -R -A -M - M - A- R..... dumb-ass.. at least look it up before you bash some one for spelling it wrong.... From owner-tmbg-list@tmbg.org Wed Jul 22 22:00:07 1998 Received: (from majordom@localhost) by ussenterprise.ufp.org (8.8.8/8.8.7) id WAA23391 for tmbg-list-outgoing; Wed, 22 Jul 1998 22:00:07 -0400 (EDT) Received: from imo12.mx.aol.com (imo12.mx.aol.com [198.81.17.2]) by ussenterprise.ufp.org (8.8.8/8.8.7) with ESMTP id WAA23381 for ; Wed, 22 Jul 1998 22:00:04 -0400 (EDT) From: DrWormX@aol.com Received: from DrWormX@aol.com by imo12.mx.aol.com (IMOv14_b1.1) id 7XDWa11469; Wed, 22 Jul 1998 21:58:46 +2000 (EDT) Message-ID: <47c07ea7.35b698d7@aol.com> Date: Wed, 22 Jul 1998 21:58:46 EDT To: J.Kuemmerle@m.cc.utah.edu, tmbg-list@tmbg.org Mime-Version: 1.0 Subject: Re: TMBG: here we go again. Content-type: text/plain; charset=US-ASCII Content-transfer-encoding: 7bit X-Mailer: AOL 4.0 for Windows 95 sub 120 Sender: owner-tmbg-list@tmbg.org Precedence: bulk Reply-To: DrWormX@aol.com here we go again is right.... First of all, it wasn't my idea in the beginning at all, but actually a few others who urged me to send to abuse@hotmail.com, which until then, I was not even aware of. Plus, it's not like I kicked him off of the list or anything (and this is why this list SHOULD be a dictatorship, and not a democracy) only off of hotmail, and in my opinion, there were perfectly good reasons to have him expelled from hotmail (for now) (he'll probably be back on tommorow anyway). The biggest reason I had him punted was because he was a JACKASS. He sent me a plethora of private e-mails cursing me off, and basically just trying to get me back for making him look like the moron that he is. there, I think that clears up the reason for punting him (if you agree with it, or not) Again, as I have stated many times, you have to look at all my posts expecting HEAVY sarcasm. Sometimes it's a little tricky to pick up on, but with a little practice, you will be able to identify it in a gigosecond. I honestly didn't think so many people would object to what I did, and that's why I said screw anyone else's opinion, but it looks like I was wrong (2 people is actually more than I expected, and that isn't sarcasm) On a more serious note: sec afruoh tiwgnit am sad nap this one's tricky Matt--blame it on pez addiction DrWormX@tmbg.org I'm not as messed up as I'd like to be- Hearing Aid From owner-tmbg-list@tmbg.org Wed Jul 22 22:02:24 1998 Received: (from majordom@localhost) by ussenterprise.ufp.org (8.8.8/8.8.7) id WAA23771 for tmbg-list-outgoing; Wed, 22 Jul 1998 22:02:24 -0400 (EDT) Received: from send1d.yahoomail.com (send1d.yahoomail.com [205.180.60.48]) by ussenterprise.ufp.org (8.8.8/8.8.7) with SMTP id WAA23761 for ; Wed, 22 Jul 1998 22:02:21 -0400 (EDT) Message-ID: <19980723015554.25177.rocketmail@send1d.yahoomail.com> Received: from [207.34.61.85] by send1d; Wed, 22 Jul 1998 18:55:54 PDT Date: Wed, 22 Jul 1998 18:55:54 -0700 (PDT) From: Malcolm MacTavish Subject: Re: non-TMBG: grammer [sic] To: tmbg-digest@tmbg.org, wt3@cec.wustl.edu MIME-Version: 1.0 Content-Type: text/plain; charset=us-ascii Sender: owner-tmbg-list@tmbg.org Precedence: bulk Reply-To: Malcolm MacTavish ---OverpassX@aol.com wrote: > > << You can't consult a dictionary for grammar. But you CAN > check a dictionary for "grammer." The word. Jesus Christ...if you're > going to correct other's english, could you at least spell words > correctly? >> Wow. "Grammer." I joined this list seven minutes ago and already I've witnessed the single stupidest thing I've ever seen on the Internet, bar none. And on a mailing list devoted to a band that didn't, as far as I had known, have listeners with IQs under 150. Jesus Christ indeed. M. M'T. _________________________________________________________ DO YOU YAHOO!? Get your free @yahoo.com address at http://mail.yahoo.com From owner-tmbg-list@tmbg.org Wed Jul 22 22:17:32 1998 Received: (from majordom@localhost) by ussenterprise.ufp.org (8.8.8/8.8.7) id WAA24339 for tmbg-list-outgoing; Wed, 22 Jul 1998 22:17:32 -0400 (EDT) Received: from m14.boston.juno.com (m14.boston.juno.com [205.231.101.193]) by ussenterprise.ufp.org (8.8.8/8.8.7) with ESMTP id WAA24330 for ; Wed, 22 Jul 1998 22:17:30 -0400 (EDT) From: gray42@juno.com Received: (from gray42@juno.com) by m14.boston.juno.com (queuemail) id DJTB9L8V; Wed, 22 Jul 1998 22:14:10 EDT To: tmbg-list@tmbg.org Date: Wed, 22 Jul 1998 21:43:24 -0400 Subject: 1/2 TMBG: Yeah! TMBG month & Mike Leffel Message-ID: <19980722.215546.3318.0.gray42@juno.com> X-Mailer: Juno 1.49 X-Juno-Line-Breaks: 5-6,8-9,12-15,17 Sender: owner-tmbg-list@tmbg.org Precedence: bulk Reply-To: gray42@juno.com Yeah, I just sent some money fer Russ and his bootleg fun, and from my favrit' independent music store, I ordered the Dr. Worm single, and the STD CD and Vidio Compilation. And since my birthday will be here soon, I have to pay nothing for it, this'll just be a TMBG month for me, and I'm still addicted to IFTS by Monopuff :) Hopefully everything'll come through ok ;) And did anyone consider that Mike Leffel might be secretly posing as a List Lurker, watching our reactions to his disappearence? Mysterio Gal (who loves independent music stores, and turning harmless situations into devious acts, especially when she gets her killer migraines like she has 2-night :( ) "0113212108 0921252526 05031822 26082122 062613 042610" -- Claire (w/ credit to Michael Crichton) ICQ# 9585405 MST3K#88182 gray42@juno.com http://www.geocities.com/SoHo/Coffeehouse/4871 The Official Project Omicrom website: www.geocities.com/SoHo/Square/9007 _____________________________________________________________________ You don't need to buy Internet access to use free Internet e-mail. Get completely free e-mail from Juno at http://www.juno.com Or call Juno at (800) 654-JUNO [654-5866] ------------------------------ End of tmbg-list Digest #8-23 *****************************