Errors-To: owner-tmbg-digest@tmbg.org Reply-To: tmbg-digest@tmbg.org Sender: owner-tmbg-digest@tmbg.org Precedence: bulk From: owner-tmbg-digest@tmbg.org To: tmbg-digest@tmbg.org Subject: tmbg-list Digest #8-25 tmbg-list Digest, Volume 8, Number 25 Saturday, 25 July 1998 Today's Topics: Re: TMBG: Are they watching us??? TMBG: second on the bandwagon, i believe--a parody. Re: TMBG: Are they watching us??? Re: TMBG: second on the bandwagon, i believe--a parody. TMBG: parodies Re: TMBG: Are they watching us??? TMBG: Non-Tmbg: You liked them??? Re: TMBG: second on the bandwagon, i believe--a parody. Re: TMBG: Are they watching us??? TMBG: Re: You're my biggest fan TMBG: eh hem... TMBG: The long awaited Doctor Worm parody... Non-TMBG: The State of the List Address TMBG: HELP!!!!! Re: TMBG: HELP!!!!! Non-TMBG: The F-Word -- Update! TMBG: Edison Museum Performance TMBG: The Animated Series! Subject: Re: TMBG: Are they watching us??? Re: TMBG: Edison Museum Performance TMBG: FREE TMBG CONCERT IN BOSTON! Re: TMBG: FREE TMBG CONCERT IN BOSTON! Re: Subject: Re: TMBG: Are they watching us??? Re: Subject: Re: TMBG: Are they watching us??? Re: Subject: Re: TMBG: Are they watching us??? TMBG: Flans vote and TMBG kids' show Re: Subject: Re: TMBG: Are they watching us??? Re: TMBG: Are they watching us??? Re: NON TMBG: German words TMBG: NEWS TMBG: Seeking support? TMBG: what jamie had to say TMBG: NEWS NON TMBG: Moxy Furvous TMBG: Flansburgh vote Re: NON TMBG: Moxy Furvous Re: TMBG: what jamie had to say Re: NON TMBG: Moxy Fruvous Re: Subject: Re: TMBG: Are they watching us??? TMBG: Listen to the Johns talk about K.C. Re: NON TMBG: Moxy Fruvous TMBG: radio stations Re: NON TMBG: Moxy Fruvous Re: TMBG: radio stations Administrivia: If you wish to unsubscribe from this mailing send mail to tmbg-digest-request@tmbg.org for instructions on how to be automatically removed. --------------------------------------------------------------------- The views expressed herein are those of the individual authors. --------------------------------------------------------------------- tmbg-list is digested with Digest 3.5b (John Relph ). ---------------------------------------------------------------------- From: TerryTMBG@aol.com Message-ID: <24cb26da.35b7d6c3@aol.com> Date: Thu, 23 Jul 1998 20:35:14 EDT Subject: Re: TMBG: Are they watching us??? >> Well? Are they? This may have been mentioned before, but has anyone >ever >> wondered weather or not one of the Johns (or both) are ocasional >> floaters on this list? They could be! Don't say it's stupid, 'cause >> you've know way of proving me wrong. > >And yet it manages to be stupid anyway. Actually, making non-testable >assertions is one of the primary symptoms of advanced stupidity. Forgive me for *my* stupidity, but what exactly *is* the assertion here? I actually looked up "assertion" because I thought I may have been wrong, but it apparently is "a positive statement or declaration." All Mr. B seems to be doing here is asking questions and saying it might be true. But knowing me I probably am wrong, so tell me what's going on here and I will happily retract my, um, questioning. By the way, to actually answer the original question, I wouldn't be surprised if they've checked out a digest or two to see what it's like, but I doubt even the TMBG content would really interest them. -Terry- P.S. I didn't expect to, but I really like the parodies. good work, josh! ------------------------------ Message-ID: <35B80438.836@fuse.net> Date: Thu, 23 Jul 1998 20:49:12 -0700 From: jays your one-paged dictionary Organization: dial-a-song! 718-387-6962, narrrrrrrrr! Subject: TMBG: second on the bandwagon, i believe--a parody. Greetings from Jayland. This stinks, quite royally--but this is my very own parody. I would wager that none of you will have trouble discerning the original song; written from a female perspective, the whole thing came from a burst of inspiration that ended at the first verse ... as you will surely see. Peace, love, and good happiness stuff, jayhc--now with capital letters! D Rodman Make a jump for the hoop perpendicular To the pole standing ten feet off the ground Exit ball with a screaming frenzy Showing how sane the American public is My ambition looks hazy-red from here In the stands where the scoreboard's all that counts And his hair is a neon lamplight Torching the way for my weekends left to come (chorus:) D. Rodman and I are getting old And I still don't know how I can stand To spend all my days without him Listen, Rodman, hear my words They're the ones I would think I would say If you ever signed my bra All alone at a '98 bulls game Eighty fans screaming "small brain after all" Who was at the old public restrooms? He had buzzed red hair, too, why'd he walk away? And the time when you beat up that poor fan 'Cause you thought he deserved it, hell yeah he did And in back of the quiet courtroom I was praying to hell that you'd kick his ass (chorus) When I was driving once, I saw this painted on a bridge: "I don't want the world, I just want his cash" They don't need me here, and I love your hair I don't want to live, it just isn't fair And it sticks like bad pair of shoes Everything sticks like a bad pair of shoes Everything sticks until it makes you trip, And the truth is I don't know anything. -- jayhc, now more accurate and intense than ever. e-mail: sirjamez@fuse.net, phonebook@tmbg.org aol im: SaturnChrd, PhoneBookJ irc: PhoneBook "and sadly the cross-eyed bear's been put to sleep behind the stairs, and his shoes are laced with irony." --tmbg "Hey, some people take drugs and some people like to have sex all day, I like to watch my bees as I make music, so what." --steve vai -- ------------------------------ Date: Thu, 23 Jul 1998 21:00:18 -0400 Subject: Re: TMBG: Are they watching us??? Message-ID: <19980723.210458.14430.0.Superman75@juno.com> From: superman75@juno.com (Adam Schaaf) hi. >has anyone ever wondered weather or not one of the Johns (or both) >are ocasional floaters on this list? i'm sure that if they are this past thread would have cemented their dislike for their fans. if i was in their place, that'd have been enough to make me want to stop performing all together. adam schaaf, who would like to move on to other things. p.s. - how much money has been raised for the Mike Leffel Fund? _____________________________________________________________________ You don't need to buy Internet access to use free Internet e-mail. Get completely free e-mail from Juno at http://www.juno.com Or call Juno at (800) 654-JUNO [654-5866] ------------------------------ Message-ID: <19980724011216.11170.qmail@hotmail.com> From: "Jason F." Subject: Re: TMBG: second on the bandwagon, i believe--a parody. Date: Thu, 23 Jul 1998 18:12:16 PDT That really should be third on the bandwagon, don't forget the Hot Cha Mike Leffel thing that started it all, written by yours truly. *sniff* alas, forgotten already. Unless,of course you meant "second to join the band wagon after it was started unintentionally" : ) --Jason-- "Hot Cha, where are you? Everybody's eyes are closed." -They Might Be Giants ______________________________________________________ Get Your Private, Free Email at http://www.hotmail.com ------------------------------ From: TerryTMBG@aol.com Message-ID: <839fd198.35b7e275@aol.com> Date: Thu, 23 Jul 1998 21:25:07 EDT Subject: TMBG: parodies I just wanted to say that all three of our parody writers are doing / have done a rather nice job of it, and if I weren't so lazy I'd go through the digests, pick them out, and put up a webpage. I think it'd be kind of neat. anyone else up for it?? -Terry- ------------------------------ From: Jeremy Skrenes Subject: Re: TMBG: Are they watching us??? Message-ID: Date: Thu, 23 Jul 1998 20:31:54 -0400 (EDT) from what i've heard, the johns know of our existence (the list), but at most are puzzled by it. they probably do pop in now and then, i'm sure they know about tmbg.org, and monopuff.org was listed on the ifts album. point is, they're probably not avid readers/posters to the list, nor are they wickedly writhing their hands and cackling madly in their underground lair miles below the surface of the earth at our obsession with their music. j * ----------------------------------------- Jeremy Skrenes Email: Jeremy.Skrenes@valpo.edu Valparaiso University ------------------------------ Message-ID: <19980724014615.5189.qmail@hotmail.com> From: "Josh Buckland" Subject: TMBG: Non-Tmbg: You liked them??? Date: Thu, 23 Jul 1998 18:46:15 PDT >P.S. I didn't expect to, but I really like the parodies. good work, josh! > Thanx alot man!!!!!!! Josh Buckland dilbert_2000@hotmail.com "He wants to knock your house down... And he can't, because you're lying in the way of his bulldozer... I think we can come to some arrangement." --Ford Prefect, "Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy" ______________________________________________________ Get Your Private, Free Email at http://www.hotmail.com ------------------------------ Message-ID: <19980724015059.1483.qmail@hotmail.com> From: "Josh Buckland" Subject: Re: TMBG: second on the bandwagon, i believe--a parody. Date: Thu, 23 Jul 1998 18:50:58 PDT I LOVED your parody, man! It ruled! We out to work on one together. Ya know, calaborate! Kep it up, Jay!!!! Josh Buckland dilbert_2000@hotmail.com "He wants to knock your house down... And he can't, because you're lying in the way of his bulldozer... I think we can come to some arrangement." --Ford Prefect, "Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy" ______________________________________________________ Get Your Private, Free Email at http://www.hotmail.com ------------------------------ Message-ID: <19980724015750.509.qmail@hotmail.com> From: "Josh Buckland" Subject: Re: TMBG: Are they watching us??? Date: Thu, 23 Jul 1998 18:57:50 PDT >they're probably not avid readers/posters to the list, nor >are they wickedly writhing their hands and cackling madly >in their underground lair miles below the surface of the >earth at our obsession with their music. > Writhing??? Maybe not. Underground??? Probably not. Cakling madly at our obsession with Their music??? Man, how could they NOT?!?!?! We must be, like, the world's most pitiful and gullible creatures to Them!!!!!!!! Josh "Laughed at daily" Buckland dilbert_2000@hotmail.com "He wants to knock your house down... And he can't, because you're lying in the way of his bulldozer... I think we can come to some arrangement." --Ford Prefect, "Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy" ______________________________________________________ Get Your Private, Free Email at http://www.hotmail.com ------------------------------ Message-ID: <19980724030945.28088.qmail@hotmail.com> From: "Josh Buckland" Subject: TMBG: Re: You're my biggest fan Date: Thu, 23 Jul 1998 20:09:43 PDT >groovy...I like being someone's biggest fan. Try a parody of "Whistling >In The Dark".....:) To Sarah, My only (aknowledged) fan. A lizard came up to me and said "I'd like to have your child I'll slowly slip in bed with you And then I'll act real wild" She looked at me, I looked at something Resting in her palm And these are the words that she loudly hissed As I tried to scream for help: There's only one guy that I know how to do well And I've often been told that you only should do Who you know how to do well And that is you, To do you now, To do you right, And so I wanna a wonderful time Though you'd rather be Chisling in some Bark Chisling in some Bark Chisling in some Bark Chisling in some Bark Chisling in some Bark Chisling in some Bark There's only one thing that I like And that is Chisling in some Bark A dog came up to me and said "I'd like to hump your leg By slamming it with my rocks," he said, "Or something like the kind." I laughed at the horney dog And then I happily waltzed away And hit my head the side of this Hell Where the two of us burn today. There's only one guy that I know how to do well And I've often been told that you only should do Who you know how to do well And that is you, To do you now, To do you right, And so I wanna a wonderful time Though you'd rather be Chisling in some Bark Chisling in some Bark Chisling in some Bark Chisling in some Bark Chisling in some Bark Chisling in some Bark There's only one thing that I like And that is Chisling in some Bark There's only one guy that I know how to do well And I've often been told that you only should do Who you know how to do well And that is you, To do you now, To do you right, And so I wanna a wonderful time Though you'd rather be Chisling in some Bark Chisling in some Bark Chisling in some Bark Chisling in some Bark Chisling in some Bark Chisling in some Bark There's only one thing that I like And that is Chisling in some Bark Blah, Blah, Blah. The rest, is unneeded. Why say it, you know the ending. Josh Buckland dilbert_2000@hotmail.com "He wants to knock your house down... And he can't, because you're lying in the way of his bulldozer... I think we can come to some arrangement." --Ford Prefect, "Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy" ______________________________________________________ Get Your Private, Free Email at http://www.hotmail.com ------------------------------ From: DrWormX@aol.com Message-ID: <2ec9fe98.35b7fd88@aol.com> Date: Thu, 23 Jul 1998 23:20:38 EDT Subject: TMBG: eh hem... <----------ATTENTION!!!!-----------> Only five dollars have been collected for the Matt-is-poor fund (MIPF)! I am very ashamed of all of you! Reminder: Send all cash, checks, and/or money orders (sorry, no CODs) to: Matt Kay c/o The Matt-is-poor Fund 141 Cooper Avenue Up. Montclair, NJ 07043 All donations over a dollar will receive a ~FREE~ can of Spam, and a lovely dish towel. If you are too poor to afford a stamp and/or envelope and/or paper, the money can be sent via scanner/slash e-mail. This is the faster easier option. I don't know why someone would have a scanner/computer if they couldn't afford paper, an envelope, or a stamp, but that is beside the point. Also, I am thinking of possibly trying one of those parody thingies, because of the recent words of wisdom from one Joshua Buckland. I'll see how it goes (ha!) Matt--blame it on pez addiction DrWormX@tmbg.org I'm not as messed up as I'd like to be- Hearing Aid ------------------------------ From: DrWormX@aol.com Message-ID: <3bbc45ba.35b80777@aol.com> Date: Fri, 24 Jul 1998 00:03:02 EDT Subject: TMBG: The long awaited Doctor Worm parody... Doctor K (sung to the tune of Doctor Worm) My name is Dr. K Would you like to die? I'm Dr. K I'm interested in things I am a real doctor, and I've gone on trial like a hundred six kajillion times But what have I done? I end folks suffering If helping people out is a crime Then I'm guilty as charged I'll tell you what I think, Well I think: Euthanasia should be legal in the fifty states I'll leave the papers out, in case you change yooouuur mind When I get into it, I can kill like sixty peeeeople iiiin a year When I get your consent, Suicide-O-Matic Wiiiiiill end you Someday, somebody else besides me, will recognize my talents, they won't call me Dr. Death. Would you like to die? I'm Dr. K I'm interested in things I am a real doctor, and I've gone on trial like a hundred six kajillion times But what have I done? I end folks suffering If helping people out is a crime Then I'm guilty as charged I'll tell you what I think, Well I think: Euthanasia should be legal in the fifty states I am a real doctor, but they call me Dr. Deeeeeeeeaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaath. Thank you so much. Please forgive any mistakes and/or errors in the order of things (I don't think I made any, but just in case) Matt--blame it on pez addiction DrWormX@tmbg.org I'm not as messed up as I'd like to be- Hearing Aid ------------------------------ From: Spoonerism@aol.com Message-ID: Date: Fri, 24 Jul 1998 00:33:51 EDT Subject: Non-TMBG: The State of the List Address Hello again everyone. I don't post often, but I do dilligently read the digest, and what I have seen in the past few days has utterly disgusted me. I've seen a productive, friendly, community-style list degenerate into a sickly fragment of its former glory. The people on this list have gone from jovial and supportive to agitated and belligerant. Never in my wildest dreams would I have imagened the They Might Be Giants audience, which I have seen to be one of the most intelligent audiences around, resort to cancelling someone's email account because they didn't like him, personally attack people because they are new, flaming for such atrocities as spelling errors, or filling digests up with NON-TMBG complaints about other NON-TMBG posts. And then there are the great conservatives- the people who would usually do something about this type of nonsense, who have been content to sit back and recall the "good old days" with Mike Leffel. Yes, I was here for Leffel, and yes, I was the person last year to ask about Raymond Scott's "Powerhouse," and yes, the list probably would be better of if Leffel were still around, but the main reason that the list is so horrific right now is because- excuse my language- everyone on the list right now (well most people) are just jerks, plain and simple. Maybe that's not how they are in real life, I don't know... maybe they just had a bad day at work before sitting down at their computer to post, or just some bad coffee, but please, people... before you post just take 10 seconds and a deep breath. ***THINK*** about what you're saying before you post it. The people that read this list are real people with real feelings. Some may have forgotten that looking at their computer monitors. I'm going to watch this list for a few more days, and if it doesn't clean up its act (With STD coming out in three weeks, we should have plenty of TMBG content to talk about), then you can count yourself one listie short. If I wanted to see a bunch of people bickering and arguing about stupid things, I could take a walk through my town hall. -CAsey ------------------------------ Message-ID: <19980724054157.24451.rocketmail@send1c.yahoomail.com> Date: Thu, 23 Jul 1998 22:41:57 -0700 (PDT) From: "Mr. Riff Raff" Subject: TMBG: HELP!!!!! I'm not going to get my head in this stuiped war. But I'm just a P.O.W. who would like to know when: When the TMBG Video Comp. is out? When Dr. Worm will be played on WMRQ(104.1)in CT? When the Video for Dr. Worm will be on 120 min.? And when it does I say we take that eMpTyV (MTV) show Total Request and try to get Dr. Worm #1!!!! TMBG will rule the world. mr_riff_raff == "That a smile is just a frown, turned around on a face of a clowm, with a mean streak." -DEVO, Deep Sleep D, world destrution, O ver an overture, N, do I need, Apostophe T, need this torture? -They Might Be Giants, Don't lets start _________________________________________________________ DO YOU YAHOO!? Get your free @yahoo.com address at http://mail.yahoo.com ------------------------------ From: gray42@juno.com Date: Fri, 24 Jul 1998 01:58:16 -0400 Subject: Re: TMBG: HELP!!!!! Message-ID: <19980724.015906.3294.2.gray42@juno.com> On Thu, 23 Jul 1998 22:41:57 -0700 (PDT) "Mr. Riff Raff" writes: >When the TMBG Video Comp. is out? It should be out Aug 11, if all goes well :) Mysterio Gal (fellow Subgenius & Happy Mutant) "0113212108 0921252526 05031822 26082122 062613 042610" -- Claire (w/ credit to Michael Crichton) ICQ# 9585405 MST3K#88182 gray42@juno.com http://www.geocities.com/SoHo/Coffeehouse/4871 The Official Project Omicrom website: www.geocities.com/SoHo/Square/9007 _____________________________________________________________________ You don't need to buy Internet access to use free Internet e-mail. Get completely free e-mail from Juno at http://www.juno.com Or call Juno at (800) 654-JUNO [654-5866] ------------------------------ Message-Id: <199807240738.DAA23070@ussenterprise.ufp.org> Date: Fri, 24 Jul 1998 02:38:38 -0500 From: Mitchell Harding Subject: Non-TMBG: The F-Word -- Update! >>To nitpick just a bit, though...."For Unlawful Carnal Knowledge" IS the original definition of >>the word fuck. It goes back years and years and years, to where women (I >>believe it was just women) could be tried "for unlawful carnal knowledge." >>It then turned into the acronym that we all know (and, in my case, >>overuse) today. >[snip] > >Actually, I believe this is a myth. Webster's lists the etymology >of fuck to be "akin to Dutch fokken to breed (cattle), Swedish >dialect fokka to copulate". I've heard the "For Unlawful Carnal >Knowledge" story many times, but never with any proof to back it >up. Anybody has any, I'd be mildly interested in seeing it. I posed this question to the great oracle Ask Room 820, whose URL follows: The responses can be viewed at . I found the results quite interesting. Mitch Harding "There are two ways to slice easily through life; to believe everything or to doubt everything. Both ways save us from thinking." Support the Harf Project: All your questions answered, all your problems solved: ------------------------------ Date: Sat, 25 Jul 1998 04:57:20 -0500 From: Arash Sangha Subject: TMBG: Edison Museum Performance Message-id: <35B9ABFF.194CD827@uni.edu> I read an article about how TMBG recorded "I Can Hear You" and few other songs on non-electric edison sound equipment. It was kind of a mini concert in which they performed into this huge horn like microphone and then listened to the wax recordings. I was wondering if there was recording made of the performance (either of them playing the small concert or the wax recording, or better yet, both of them together) and if it is obtainable in bootleg format. ------------------------------ Message-ID: <35B87E29.96C8B67A@pacificnet.net> Date: Fri, 24 Jul 1998 04:29:37 -0800 From: Bongo Subject: TMBG: The Animated Series! I'm a little surprised that none of you are speculating what the TMBG animated series will be like. (If it ever happen that is.) It was mentioned on MTV site. Strange... I see posts discussing in great detail things like, "If John and John were a brand of breakfast cereal, which one would they be and what would their free toys inside be like?" yet this exciting news is being overlooked. Is this OLD news that I never heard before? Was it mentioned anywhere before the MTV site? -B O N G O (waiting for his new favorite show to debut saturday mornings in Fall of 2000) ------------------------------ Message-ID: <35B8814C.C6CF214@pacificnet.net> Date: Fri, 24 Jul 1998 04:43:00 -0800 From: Bongo Subject: Subject: Re: TMBG: Are they watching us??? Regarding the question of whether or not THEY occasionally read this list or the newsgroup, I have to say it seem somewhat likely that they DO from time to time. Linnell at least seems to use his Mac a lot and its very likely he as an Internet connection. Think about it -- if 500 people were discussing your job or artistic endeavors in a world-wide forum, wouldn't you occasionally invest a couple mouse clicks in checking it out? -B O N G O ------------------------------ Message-Id: <3.0.1.32.19980724101017.006b9978@130.127.28.14> Date: Fri, 24 Jul 1998 10:10:17 -0400 From: Adam Tyner Subject: Re: TMBG: Edison Museum Performance On the Kit Kat Acoustic Break interview, Flansie said that a bunch of songs were recorded and that they were planning on releasing an Edison Sessions EP, but Pat Dillett talked them out of it. :-( I'm still hoping they'll release it through the info club one of these days, but to my knowledge, there aren't any copies of the rest of the sessions, even through bootleg tapes. -Adam At 04:57 AM 7/25/98 -0500, Arash Sangha wrote: >I read an article about how TMBG recorded "I Can Hear You" and few other >songs on non-electric edison sound equipment. It was kind of a mini >concert in which they performed into this huge horn like microphone and >then listened to the wax recordings. I was wondering if there was >recording made of the performance (either of them playing the small >concert or the wax recording, or better yet, both of them together) and >if it is obtainable in bootleg format. > > > -- /=---------------- http://www.he-man.org/ctyner/ ----------------=\ http://www.awod.com/gallery/rwav/ctyner/ The home of He-Man, "Weird Al", Yoo-hoo, Killer Tomatoes, and more! Demented music list admin O- MiSTie #67,326 ------------------------------ From: pburge@acentech.com Message-ID: <65C15B132BFAD0118EB400A0C96EAD8CFB87@HELMHOLTZ> Subject: TMBG: FREE TMBG CONCERT IN BOSTON! Date: Fri, 24 Jul 1998 10:59:39 -0400 HEY! HEY! HEY! HEY! WFNX in Boston just today announced that TMBG will be performing at the fabulous Hatch Shell on the Charles River Esplanade this coming Thursday night 7/30. Long time WFNX DJ Julie Kramer (the "Julie" in They Got Lost) told me this personally when I called in to request Dr. Worm just now. Right after I got off the phone with her she played the Live (STD) version on the air. It's obviously an Eric Slemermembemerhorn version. She followed it up with the story behind They Got Lost and a very cool plug for STD and the FREE FREE FREE concert this coming Thursday! There will be a couple other minor acts as well, but JOHN and JOHN are the headliners. Julie said "there's nothing cooler than 20,000 people doing the conga at the Hatch Shell." I agree. -- Yer Pal Paul Not back on that old Time is Money kick, still on it. [Attachment omitted, unknown MIME type or encoding (text/html)] [Attachment omitted, unknown MIME type or encoding (text/enriched)] ------------------------------ Message-ID: <19980724160638.6845.rocketmail@send1c.yahoomail.com> Date: Fri, 24 Jul 1998 09:06:38 -0700 (PDT) From: Malcolm MacTavish Subject: Re: Subject: Re: TMBG: Are they watching us??? Bongo wrote: > > Regarding the question of whether or not THEY > occasionally read this list or the newsgroup, I have to say > it seem somewhat likely that they DO from time to time. > Linnell at least seems to use his Mac a lot and its very > likely he as an Internet connection. Think about it -- if > 500 people were discussing your job or artistic endeavors in > a world-wide forum, wouldn't you occasionally invest a > couple mouse clicks in checking it out? No. I'd stay a hundred miles away from it. Even the most avant-garde, intellectual artist in the world is going to have fans who are 80% idiots, and that's a terrible thing to bear--to have your work interpreted and enjoyed and expounded by cretins. One of the reasons Kurt Cobain painted a ceiling with his brains was that he knew all the jocks and assholes he grew up with--who, in many cases, were the subjects of his songs--were buying Nirvana records and listening to them with sniggering glee. He couldn't bear it. Think about the question this way: if 500 people were discussing your parenting methods, your clothing, or your complexion in a worldwide forum, would *you* "invest a couple mouse clicks in checking it out?" Not, I dare say, if you wanted to stay sane. M. M'T. _________________________________________________________ DO YOU YAHOO!? Get your free @yahoo.com address at http://mail.yahoo.com ------------------------------ Date: Fri, 24 Jul 1998 13:22:08 -0400 (EDT) From: Eric Webber Subject: Re: Subject: Re: TMBG: Are they watching us??? Message-ID: On Fri, 24 Jul 1998, Malcolm MacTavish wrote: > No. I'd stay a hundred miles away from it. Even the most avant-garde, > intellectual artist in the world is going to have fans who are 80% > idiots, and that's a terrible thing to bear--to have your work > interpreted and enjoyed and expounded by cretins. One of the reasons > Kurt Cobain painted a ceiling with his brains was that he knew all the > jocks and assholes he grew up with--who, in many cases, were the > subjects of his songs--were buying Nirvana records and listening to > them with sniggering glee. He couldn't bear it. Did he communicate that to you telepathically? You should probably shy away from putting words in other people's minds. I don't know whether or not the John's ever read the list, but if they don't, my _guess_ wuold be that they probably just aren't interested in the conversations that go on here. > Think about the question this way: if 500 people were discussing your > parenting methods, your clothing, or your complexion in a worldwide > forum, would *you* "invest a couple mouse clicks in checking it out?" > Not, I dare say, if you wanted to stay sane. Yes, I certainly would. Famous people do read their fan mail, it's a fact. Most of them are considered sane, and trust me, the stuff people write in fan letters is a lot crazier than the stuff on lists like this. Take it easy, Wubba --- Eric Webber Network Support Specialist Electronic Information Network webbere@einpgh.org ------------------------------ Message-ID: <19980724164425.10251.rocketmail@send1c.yahoomail.com> Date: Fri, 24 Jul 1998 09:44:25 -0700 (PDT) From: Malcolm MacTavish Subject: Re: Subject: Re: TMBG: Are they watching us??? Eric Webber wrote: > > >One of the reasons > > Kurt Cobain painted a ceiling with his brains was that he knew all the > > jocks and assholes he grew up with--who, in many cases, were the > > subjects of his songs--were buying Nirvana records and listening to > > them with sniggering glee. He couldn't bear it. > > Did he communicate that to you telepathically? You should probably shy > away from putting words in other people's minds. No, he didn't communicate it to me telepathically--he communicated it fairly often to his friends and colleagues, who have spoken on the subject to what we call "journalists." I'm afraid I can't claim a direct link to the spirit world. > Famous people do read their fan mail, it's a > fact. Most of them are considered sane, and trust me, the stuff people > write in fan letters is a lot crazier than the stuff on lists like this. This is true, but (a) we aren't talking about fan mail _per se_, and (b) in my experience, most of the celebrities who boast about reading every piece of fan mail that comes their way are idiots themselves. Robert Fripp visits the King Crimson list, and he's a genius (albeit a slightly mad one), but it is notable that he *never* replies to unprompted postings from list members--instead, he fires questionnaires at them. He doesn't seem to read content that he hasn't already shaped rather carefully with his own questions. If you know of an intelligent musician who makes a point of reading Internet mailing lists or newsgroups about himself, please do name him. I admit I could be wrong about this issue. M. M'T. _________________________________________________________ DO YOU YAHOO!? Get your free @yahoo.com address at http://mail.yahoo.com ------------------------------ From: Kaylum@aol.com Message-ID: <6e0c5ee7.35b8bd1b@aol.com> Date: Fri, 24 Jul 1998 12:58:02 EDT Subject: TMBG: Flans vote and TMBG kids' show Flans is currently at #18--he deserves to beat Rick Flair and Eric Cartman, dammit! Let's keep voting! The MTV news thingy didn't specify that the kids' show TMBG was looking to produce would be animated. I picture it as mix between Bill Nye and some wacky adventure show (the video for "The Statue Got Me High" springs to mind). Sorry this is so brief, but I'm late for a date with the library :) Kay ------------------------------ Date: Fri, 24 Jul 1998 12:07:57 -0500 (CDT) From: Kim Justice Subject: Re: Subject: Re: TMBG: Are they watching us??? Message-ID: On Fri, 24 Jul 1998, Malcolm MacTavish wrote: > [...] If you know of an intelligent musician who makes a point of > reading Internet mailing lists or newsgroups about himself, please do > name him. I admit I could be wrong about this issue. You're right that it's rare, but it does happen. The singer/songwriter Happy Rhodes reads and participates in her fan mailing list on an irregular basis, has dedicated a song to them ("Collective Heart" on _Building the Colossus_) and has mentioned them in album liner notes. kj [Crucial Disclaimer: Not everyone on the list agrees with me.] -- justicek@edge.net (Kim Justice) http://edge.edge.net/~justicek Radiant and terrified, they fall. -- Anna Domino ------------------------------ From: Strawbos69@aol.com Message-ID: <43c0f52e.35b8c203@aol.com> Date: Fri, 24 Jul 1998 13:18:58 EDT Subject: Re: TMBG: Are they watching us??? Don't know about the list, but in an interview lastyear John Flansburgh had this to say about the New Group: Interviewer: "...That's what I was going to ask, if you're aware of the New Group and how it feels to know that there are thousands of people out there everyday...?" "Well, it doesn't seem like thousands, more like two dozen people who are very actively talking about things that are..." Interviewer: "But alot of people read it though" "Yeah, I guess so. I think, I wish there was more real information on it. We're working with a guy at Electra who's like actually putting articles and things we've written for our information club and other things that have like just like actual things to think about. Because alot of it's very fan based, rather than, like it's not like a library or someplace where you actually get information. It's sort of more like, yah know, it's just like, it just seems like blabbing to me. I mean, not that....some of it's critical and interesting. And some things like, open your eyes to things that you actually never think about, yah know. I mean, and some of it's fair and some of it's not, it can really be Iike a high school slambook, or something, at times. Yah know, there are portions of it that just seems kind of pathetic. But yah know, it's just another way for us to get feedback." ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~` Then he went on to talk about how they get plenty of feedback from other sources and that they don't fulfill they're roll as rock performers.... "That's all I can think of but I'm sure there's somthing else" ------------------------------ Message-Id: <199807241739.NAA13840@earth.colstate.edu> From: "Drunken Bird" Organization: Columbus State Univ.,Columbus, Ga. Date: Fri, 24 Jul 1998 13:30:11 EST Subject: Re: NON TMBG: German words > OK here's my German collection (simple stuff really): > > Dos- the Actually it is "das" but said like the infamous and evil Microsoft version. "der" and "die" also mean the. > boot- boat > nein- no > ja- yes > shnell- hurry (got that one from Ren & stimpy) > heimat- home > weltshmerz- world weariness > stimmen der zeit- "voices of the times" > now for the German sounding stuff: > ach,ist,oont > I'm not certain of the rest of this stuff, but from what I remember of my useless High School German class, it looks about right:) > BTW my sister gave me a cpy of this GREAT german drinking song. I love > it... pitzelpots and vaugenrod hee hee Hum, I use to have a great Monty Python's philosophier drinking song. - JT "I don't have low Self-Esteen, I have low Esteen for others" Daria.. LaLaLa,LaLa ------------------------------ From: tmbgirl@juno.com Date: Fri, 24 Jul 1998 11:37:38 -0600 Subject: TMBG: NEWS Message-ID: <19980724.113741.8966.0.TMBgirl@juno.com> HEy HEY! okay so some of this may be old news but we all know how i skim my mail so here goes... #1 there's a show on august 28th at the 9:30 club #2 go to tmbg.com and read the letter from jamie kitman #3 laugh at the radio stations they chose to send the promo cd to in your area take it easy, JOrdaN http://www2.netcom.com/~arnot/joda/bootlegs.html i will update this page soon... really i will NEW SITE: http://members.tripod.com/~tmbgirl/index.html don't count on me updating this one too soon! :P Currently on KTCL: Propellerheads: history repeating _____________________________________________________________________ You don't need to buy Internet access to use free Internet e-mail. Get completely free e-mail from Juno at http://www.juno.com Or call Juno at (800) 654-JUNO [654-5866] ------------------------------ From: echuss@notes.cc.bellcore.com Message-ID: <8525664B.0061A8D4.00@notes951.cc.bellcore.com> Date: Fri, 24 Jul 1998 13:49:50 -0400 Subject: TMBG: Seeking support? >Now that she gave her little spiel, who's with me?!? I know you are, CTyner. >Anyone else agree with what I did? Please? Anyone? >Matt--blame it on pez addiction I'm sorry Matt I can't back you up here. I thought Josh was kind of interesting in a bizarre kind of way. I like bizarre. I like the Tin Man. Erik ------------------------------ From: tmbgirl@juno.com Date: Fri, 24 Jul 1998 11:49:42 -0600 Subject: TMBG: what jamie had to say Message-ID: <19980724.114947.8966.1.TMBgirl@juno.com> okay at your (or at least a few of your) requests i'm posting what jamie had to say... HIT SINGLE We made Linnell the 9th most beautiful person, now lets make a hit song The Manager's Corner with Jamie Lincoln Kitman What makes a song a hit? A good song always helps, but wait, as they say on tv, there's more. Way more. And most of it every right-thinking music fan doesn't really want to know about, because most of it is depressing. Because most of it involves money. Back in the 1950s, a Cleveland disk jockey named Alan Freed helped put rock & roll music on the map, but he was soon stripped of his glory when it was revealed that he -- along with other radio programmers -- was accepting cash imoluments (i.e, money) from record companies to play their artists' records. An high-profile investigation by the U.S. Congress exposed the practice, known as payola, and the careers of Freed (who really wasn't such a bad guy) and many others went down in flames. Crude, cash-in-the-envelope payola is no longer the rule nowadays, but over the last forty years, many, er, monetary exchange programs and payola equivalents have been devised. You could write a book on the subject of corrupt practices related to radio and, indeed, several have (to learn more, read Frederick Dannon's Hit Men or, on the more general subject of business and rock, Fred Goodman's Mansions on the Hill,) although the specific practices change, like the fly-by-night operator's business address, most every year. Nowadays, according to a recent report in The New York Times, independent radio promotion people (who are hired by record companies to work specific records) actually pay money to radio stations at the beginning of the business year; large amounts, like $100,000 and more, for big stations. Because the payments go on the radio stations' books, it is "legal." The indie promo guy then gets his records played and, better yet (or worse, depending on your perspective,) he can stop someone else's -- someone who hasn't paid him -- from getting played. A still more recent innovation has seen record companies actually buy time on radio broadcasts in which to play their records, kind of like an info-mercial. From my seat, managing a band that has more outstanding songs than money, that's the bad news. The good news is that there are some upstanding citizens out there in radioland who also want to play what people want to hear. One of the best ways they have of determining what people want to hear is telephone calls from listeners. This has, in fact, been instrumental in the success of They Might Be Giants' biggest hits, several of which are found on the new "Severe Tire Damage" album. Speaking for myself, the boys' new single Doctor Worm is one of their best ever. So why not deputize yourself and join the honest side of the music business for a few minutes each day, by calling your favorite local radio station (see list) and requesting Doctor Worm? Tell your friends, too. But don't forget to be nice. Because money isn't everything. Please take a look at this list of stations throughout the US, find your local station and place a call. take it easy, JOrdaN http://www2.netcom.com/~arnot/joda/bootlegs.html NEW SITE: http://members.tripod.com/~tmbgirl/index.html Currently on KTCL: i dare not write it (SP...bleh!) _____________________________________________________________________ You don't need to buy Internet access to use free Internet e-mail. Get completely free e-mail from Juno at http://www.juno.com Or call Juno at (800) 654-JUNO [654-5866] ------------------------------ From: mjames@khserver.loyola.edu (Matthew James) Message-Id: <9807241751.AA24810@khserver.loyola.edu> Subject: TMBG: NEWS Date: Fri, 24 Jul 1998 13:51:58 -0400 (EDT) > #1 there's a show on august 28th at the 9:30 club The 9:30 Club in Washington, D.C.? Where did you find this information? Thanks, Matt -- Matt James mjames@greed.loyola.edu Loyola College in Baltimore, MD Bruce Campbell Gazette: www.bcgazette.com ------------------------------ Message-ID: <35B8DDCC.D8831D5A@softhome.net> Date: Fri, 24 Jul 1998 14:17:32 -0500 From: melissa Subject: NON TMBG: Moxy Furvous hey has anyone on this list heard Moxy Furvous? i just got one of thier cds and they sound kinda like TMBG and theyre really good!, well, imo anyway. anybody else heard them? anyone agree? just wanted to know. melissa ------------------------------ Message-ID: <35B8D3EF.43DF28B0@stlmo.com> Date: Fri, 24 Jul 1998 13:35:27 -0500 From: "Zoo Laaa, King of the icky poos" Organization: Bob's Freezed dried onions Subject: TMBG: Flansburgh vote uhh....im not sure what happined..but.....as of 1:30pm CDT....the person of the centry just crashed.........try to vote and tell me if it works for you. -tim ------------------------------ Message-ID: <19980724183415.15192.rocketmail@send1e.yahoomail.com> Date: Fri, 24 Jul 1998 11:34:15 -0700 (PDT) From: Malcolm MacTavish Subject: Re: NON TMBG: Moxy Furvous melissa wrote: > hey has anyone on this list heard Moxy Furvous? i just got one of thier > cds and they sound kinda like TMBG and theyre really good!, well, imo > anyway. anybody else heard them? anyone agree? > just wanted to know. Moxy Fruvous [note spelling] is a ruggedly handsome gang of Canadian folkies-with-a-sense-of-humour-and-big-liberal-hearts. Canada is full of such people--we gave the world Leonard Cohen, and no good deed goes unpunished. MF had a couple of hit songs here that were played to death on MuchMusic circa 1993. Then they fell off the edge of the world, like all Canadian folkies-with-a-sense-of-humour-and-big-liberal-hearts. Forgive me, Melissa, but I must advise the readers that, in my opinion (who else's would it be?), Moxy Fruvous are trash. Anyone who buys a Moxy Fruvous record in the hopes of getting even 1% of TMBG's technique, songwriting skill, or humour had better get used to disappointment. M. M'T. _________________________________________________________ DO YOU YAHOO!? Get your free @yahoo.com address at http://mail.yahoo.com ------------------------------ Subject: Re: TMBG: what jamie had to say Message-ID: <19980724.144303.12111.1.captainmarvel2@juno.com> From: captainmarvel2@juno.com (Derek A Klein) Date: Fri, 24 Jul 1998 14:44:08 EDT > Please take a look at this list of stations throughout > the US, find your local station and place a call. Thanks for the info, Jordan. Now would someone like to post the list of radio stations? Derek "Egad, a base tone denotes a bad age" _____________________________________________________________________ You don't need to buy Internet access to use free Internet e-mail. Get completely free e-mail from Juno at http://www.juno.com Or call Juno at (800) 654-JUNO [654-5866] ------------------------------ Message-ID: <35B8E5CF.73C20EFF@softhome.net> Date: Fri, 24 Jul 1998 14:51:44 -0500 From: melissa Subject: Re: NON TMBG: Moxy Fruvous >>Moxy Fruvous [note spelling] is a ruggedly handsome gang of Canadian folkies-with-a-sense-of-humour-and-big-liberal-hearts. Canada is full of such people--we gave the world Leonard Cohen, and no good deed goes unpunished. MF had a couple of hit songs here that were played to death on MuchMusic circa 1993. Then they fell off the edge of the world, like all Canadian folkies-with-a-sense-of-humour-and-big-liberal-hearts. Forgive me, Melissa, but I must advise the readers that, in my opinion (who else's would it be?), Moxy Fruvous are trash. Anyone who buys a Moxy Fruvous record in the hopes of getting even 1% of TMBG's technique, songwriting skill, or humour had better get used to disappointment. oh no! its not true! dont listen to him! listen to moxy fruvous! melissa ------------------------------ Message-Id: Date: Fri, 24 Jul 1998 14:55:36 -0400 (EDT) From: kbrodbec@remcen.ehhs.cmich.edu (Kirsten Brodbeck) Subject: Re: Subject: Re: TMBG: Are they watching us??? >If you know of an intelligent musician who makes a point of reading >Internet mailing lists or newsgroups about himself, please do name >him. I admit I could be wrong about this issue. Not a musician, but author Charles de Lint is subscribed to Tamson House, the Charles de Lint mailing list. Granted, this is slightly different; I mean, we're not talking 500 people here, more like 100 (if that), and he usually doesn't have time to post much. His wife, Maryann, reads most of the postings and answers questions directed at CdL and herself. Charles is rather unique, in that he has his own webpage that he maintains all by himself, and makes a point of answering private emails and letters. Also, he and Maryann have invited the entire Tamson House population to visit them next September... Kirsten -- [][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][] "And she said losing love is like a window in your heart Everybody sees you're blown apart..." - Paul Simon "Graceland" Kirsten Brodbeck AKA Crow kbrodbec@remcen.ehhs.cmich.edu ------------------------------ Message-ID: <000901bdb734$c023dc80$c8061ecf@default> From: "John Lambert" Subject: TMBG: Listen to the Johns talk about K.C. Date: Fri, 24 Jul 1998 14:56:20 -0400 >One of the reasons Kurt Cobain painted >a ceiling with his brains was... I'm glad this came up, b/c when I chatted with both John's last night on AOL (they both knew that Graham was once in the band AND that Flans directed videos!!!!) and then they gave me their home phone numbers (I told them I wouldn't tell you, but here it is... 718-387-6962), email addresses (John_Flansburgh@juno.com & John_Linnell@juno.com), opinions on what they think of the list (they're only on the digest, since they tour and stuff!)... I really felt that they understood Kurt. The John's seemed to have very strong opinions on LOTS of things: **Beer: "Miller High Life for everyone" **Parody songs on the list: Flans hates them, Linnell sends them to his mom for Flag Day! **World peace: Flans is against it since he's now a Iraqi citizen, Linnell is quietly achieving it through subliminal lyrics **Kurt "the man of all men" Cobain: Flans "He was my idol" Linnell: "He was my first crush" **Leffel: Flans "Who?" Linnell "Who?" **Dr.WormX and Josh_Buckland (after I explained the war) "What kind of idiots are we attracting as fans???? Fake suicides... loser attitudes... maybe we should quit music" Amazing huh? Brother John Green Jello ------------------------------ Message-Id: <35B8D916.B091614D@rosevc.rose-hulman.edu> Date: Fri, 24 Jul 1998 13:57:26 -0500 From: Chad Maloney Subject: Re: NON TMBG: Moxy Fruvous melissa wrote: > > hey has anyone on this list heard Moxy Furvous? i just got one of thier > cds and they sound kinda like TMBG and theyre really good!, well, imo > anyway. anybody else heard them? anyone agree? > just wanted to know. Well, Melissa, Moxy Fruvous is my most favoritest group in the world. I've seen then 35 times in the past year, as many as 6 times in one week and every show I've ever seen (even the off nights) has been one of the best live shows I've seen. Fruvous and TMBG do have some things in common. Certain aspects of each group overlap. The main thing overlapping is the use of intelligent language in the lyrics. Oh, and the accordian *grin* If you (or anyone else for that matter) needs Moxy Fruvous information, checkout http://www.fruvous.com. It's the best music website I've ever seen, the tour information is complete and up to date, and they have a positively huge collection of Fruvous information right there (we love you, Chris O'Malley). Check it out for your Fruvous needs. There's also a great newsgroup, alt.music.moxy-fruvous and a IRC channel on the Undernet (#MoxyFruvous *plug* *plug*). I highly recommend Fruvous for anyone who wants to give them a try. You all won't like them, but if you do, you'll love them. Their live show is really the kicker though, so if you get a chance to see them live, do it. - Chad ------------------------------ Subject: TMBG: radio stations Message-ID: <19980723.150824.4687.0.winningh@juno.com> From: winningh@juno.com (Winningham S. Sarah) Date: Fri, 24 Jul 1998 15:04:14 EDT Ladies and Germs, As crazy as it may seem I have email, but no Internet access. I speak not just for myself but for all net-deprived listies (come to think of it that may be just myself) in begging people to send things like the list of Dr. Worm stations to the list, instead of taunting me cruelly with addresses I'm to lazy to go to the library to visit. Sarah "sniff, sniff, can't even vote for Flansie, sob, moan" Winningham _____________________________________________________________________ You don't need to buy Internet access to use free Internet e-mail. Get completely free e-mail from Juno at http://www.juno.com Or call Juno at (800) 654-JUNO [654-5866] ------------------------------ Message-Id: <3.0.1.32.19980724150657.006a0758@130.127.28.14> Date: Fri, 24 Jul 1998 15:06:57 -0400 From: Adam Tyner Subject: Re: NON TMBG: Moxy Fruvous At 01:57 PM 7/24/98 -0500, Chad Maloney wrote: > >Well, Melissa, Moxy Fruvous is my most favoritest group in the world. >I've seen then 35 times in the past year, as many as 6 times in one >week and every show I've ever seen (even the off nights) has been >one of the best live shows I've seen. Oh yes, I have to agree. Recently, I've all but stopped listening to TMBG, but I can rarely go a few days without some Fruvous. :-) I haven't seen them live, but that's because I live in the Southeast... :-) >Fruvous and TMBG do have some things in common. Certain aspects of >each group overlap. The main thing overlapping is the use of >intelligent language in the lyrics. Oh, and the accordian *grin* Aw, comparing Dave's brilliant accordion squeezin' to Linnell isn't fair at all... ;) >I highly recommend Fruvous for anyone who wants to give them a try. >You all won't like them, but if you do, you'll love them. Their live >show is really the kicker though, so if you get a chance to see them >live, do it. Fru-virgins ought to give Live Noise a try. It perfectly captures their spirit and energy, plus a lot of the songs I was hoping would be on there did end up on the album (unlike most live albums..."Rock Spectacle" and "STD", f'r instance). I still wish it would've been a double album tho'. :-) -Adam -- /=---------------- http://www.he-man.org/ctyner/ ----------------=\ http://www.awod.com/gallery/rwav/ctyner/ The home of He-Man, "Weird Al", Yoo-hoo, Killer Tomatoes, and more! Demented music list admin O- MiSTie #67,326 ------------------------------ Date: Fri, 24 Jul 1998 14:11:35 -0500 (CDT) From: Kim Justice Subject: Re: TMBG: radio stations Message-ID: On Fri, 24 Jul 1998, Winningham S. Sarah wrote: > As crazy as it may seem I have email, but no Internet access. I speak not > just for myself but for all net-deprived listies (come to think of it > that may be just myself) in begging people to send things like the list > of Dr. Worm stations to the list, instead of taunting me cruelly with > addresses I'm to lazy to go to the library to visit. Auburn, AL WTGZ 95.5 FM (334) 826-ROCK Birmingham, AL WRAX 105.9 FM (205) 741-1077 Anchorage, AK KWHL 106.5 FM (907) 349-9691 Haines, AK KHNS 102.3 FM (907) 766-2020 ("New Century Rock" F 9 pm-12 am) Homer, AK KBBI 890 AM (907) 235-7721 Juneau, AK KTOO 104.3 FM (907) 586-1212 (F after 9pm) Phoenix, AZ KZON 101.5 FM (602) 260-1015 Phoenix, AZ KEDJ 106.3 FM (602) 260-1063 Tuscon, AZ KFMA 92.1 FM (520) 628-8457 Fayetteville, AR KBRS 104.9 FM (501) 582-1049 Burbank, CA KROQ 106.7 FM 1-800-520-1067 Fresno, CA KFRR 104.1 FM (209) 255-3687 National City, CA XHRM 92.5 FM (619) 570-1925 Pasadeno, CA KLYY 107.1 FM 1-888-999-9107 Sacramento, CA KWOD 106.5 FM (916) 448-1065 San Bernadino, CA KCXX 103.9 FM (909) 889-1039 San Diego, CA XTRA 91.1 FM (619) 570-1919 San Francisco, CA KITS 105.3 FM (415) 478-LIVE San Luis Obispo, CA KCBX 90.1 FM (805) 781-3020 ("Crypto Musicology" Sun 11pm) Santa Barbara, CA KHTY 97.5 FM (805) 965-9797 Santa Barbara, CA KJEE 92.9 FM (805) 899-3292 Santa Monica, CA KRCW 89.9 FM (310) 450-5183 ("Morning Becomes Eclectic" M-F 9am - noon) Avon, CO KZYR 103.1 FM (970) 949-0103 Colorado Springs, CO KRCC 91.5 FM (719) 473-4801 M-F 9am - 3pm Ft. Collins, CO KTCL 93.3 FM (303) 631-2933 Daytona Beach, FL WKRO 93.1 FM (904) 257-9576 Jacksonville, FL WPLA 93.3 FM (904) 448-0933 Tallahassee, FL WXSR 101.5 FM (850) 386-3101 Atlanta, GA WNNX 99.7 FM (404) 741-0997 Honolulu, HI KPOI 97.5 FM (808) 596-0727 Boise, ID KQXR 100.3 FM (208) 344-5575 Chicago, IL WKQK 101.1 FM (312) 245-1214 Champaign, IL WPGU 107.1 FM (217) 244-1071 Macomb, IL WIUM 91.3 FM (309) 298-1873 "World Cafe" -M-F 7pm - 8:30pm Pekin, IL WIXO 99.9 FM (309) 346-2134 Ft. Wayne, IN WEJE 96.3 FM (219) 747-7711 Indianapolis, IN WRZX 103.3 FM (317) 239-9103 Lafayette, IN WGBD 95.7 FM (765) 474-7400 Davenport, IA KORB 93.5 FM (319) 322-9352 Des Moines, IA KKDM 107.5 FM (515) 263-1075 Lawrence, KS KJHK 90.7 FM (913) 864-4747 Wichita, KS KICT 95.1 FM (316) 436-1095 Lexington, KY WXZZ 103.3 FM (606) 280-1033 Louisville, KY WLRS 102.3 FM (502) 681-0148 New Orleans, LA KKND 106.7 FM (504) 260-1067 Lafayette, LA KFTE 96.5 FM (318) 235-9636 Portland ME WCYY 94.3 FM (207) 792-9299 Landover, MD WHFS 99.1 FM 1-800-321-WHFS Salisbury, MD WOSC 95.9 FM (410) 860-2345 Boston, MA WBCN 104.1 FM (617) 536-8000 Lynn, MA WFNX 101.7 FM (781) 595-1017 Northampton, MA WHMP 99.3 FM (413) 584-9900 Bingham Farms, MI CIMX 88.7 FM (313) 298-7999 Detroit, MI WPLT 96.3 FM (313) 298-9630 East Lansing, MI WWDX 92.1 FM (517) 363-2921 Grand Rapids, MI WGRD 97.9 FM (616) 770 8398 Southfield, MI WXDG 105.1 FM (313) 298-3343 Duluth, MN KRBR 102.5 FM (218) 723-2327 Grand Rapids, MN KAXE 91.7 FM (218) 326-1234 (Sun - Tue 10pm - 1am) Columbia, MO KFMZ 98.3 FM (573) 442-ROCK Independence, MO KCCX 107.3 FM (816) 576-7107 Kansas City, MO KYYS 102.1 FM (816) 576-7102 Rolla, MO KMUR 88.5 FM (573) 341-4020 ("Sounds Eclectic" M-F 8am - 10am) St. Louis, MO KPNT 105.7 FM (314) 969-DUDE Springfield, MO KTOZ 95.5 FM (417) 577-7955 Bozeman, MT KPKX 97.5 FM (406) 586-5858 Missoula, MT KBGA 89.9 FM (406) 243-6226 Las Vegas, NV KXTE 107.5 FM (702) 791-1075 Asbury Park, NJ WHTG 106.3 FM (732) 493-2002 Rio Grande, NJ WDOX 93.1 FM (888) 818-WDOX Somers Point, NJ WJSE 102.7 FM (609) 927-1027 Albuquerque, NM KTEG 107.9 FM (505) 875-1079 Albequerque/Santa Fe, NM KUNM 89.9 FM (505) 277-4806 Bridgeport, NY WKRL 100.9 FM (315) 424-ROCK Garden City, NY WLIR 92.7 FM (516) 955-0927 Geneva, NY WEOS 89.7 FM (315) 781-3897 (after 7PM) Jeffersonville, NY WJFF FM (914) 482-4141 ("Radio Ed" F 7pm - 9pm) Middletown, NY WRRV 92.7 FM (914) 343-0092 New York, NY WXRK 92.3 FM 1-888-770-1998 Penfield, NY KBER 90.5 FM (716) 442-7155 Rochester, NY WNVE 95.1 FM (716) 222-6378 Washington Mills, NY WKLL 94.9 FM (315) 797-9490 Woodstock, NY WDST 100.1 FM (914) 679-WDST Charlotte, NC WEND 106.5 FM 1-800-934-1065 New Bern, NC WXNR 99.5 FM (919) 636-9967 Wilmington, NC WSFM 107.5 FM (910) 251-1075 Winston-Salem, NC WXRA 94.5 FM (336) 730-1041 Fargo, ND KDSU 91.1 FM (701) 231-8215 (after 8pm) Cincinnati, OH WAQZ 107.1 FM (513) 749-1071 Cleveland, OH WENZ 107.9 FM (216) 578-1079 Columbus, OH WWCD 101.1 FM (614) 221-1011 Columbus, OH WZAZ 98.9 FM (614) 821-9890 Columbus, OH WCBE 90.5 FM (614)821-9223 Dayton, OH WXEG 103.9 FM (937) 457-1039 Oxford, OH WOXY 97.7 FM (513) 523-4114 Tulsa, OK KMYZ 104.5 FM (918) 460-1045 Eugene, OR KNRQ 95.3 FM (541) 686-9533 Eugene, OR KLCC 89.7FM (541-726-2212 ("Fresh Tracks" M - F 9am - 3:30pm) Portland, OR KNRK 94.7 FM (503) 733-5470 Bethlehem, PA WDIY 88.1 FM (610) 694-8100 x1 ("Late Night Alternative" W & F 11pm) Philadelphia, PA WPLY 100.3 FM 1-800-232-1003 Pittsburgh, PA WXDX 105.9 FM (412) 333-9939 State College, PA WGMR 101.1 FM (814) 235-7388 Providence, RI WBRU 95.5 FM (401) 272-9555 West Warwick, RI WXEX 99.7 FM (401) 821-4997 Columbia, SC WARQ 93.5 FM (803) 695-9935 Charleston, SC WAVF 96.1 FM (803) 852-WAVE Myrtle Beach, SC WWSK 107.1 FM (803) 293-1071 N. Augusta, SC WRXR 96.3 FM (803) 819-9696 Knoxville, TN WNFZ 94.3 FM (423) 656-5963 Memphis, TN WREG 103.0 FM (901) 535-9103 Nashville, TN WKDF 103.3 FM (615) 737-7625 Austin, TX KROX 101.5 FM (512) 390-5769 Bryan, TX KHLR 103.9 FM (409) 731-8709 Dallas, TX KDGE 94.5 FM (214) 787-1945 Gardendale, TX KQRX 95.1 FM (915) 563-9500 Houston, TX KTBZ 107.5 FM (713) 390-5107 Salt Lake City, UT KENZ 107.5 FM (801) 570-1075 Salt Lake City, UT KXRK 96.3 FM (801) 570-9696 Burlington, VT WBTZ 99.9 FM (802) 658-4999 Manchester, VT WEQX 102.7 FM (802) 362-1027 Christiansburg, VA WBNK 100.7 FM (540) 731-0100 Norfolk, VA WROX 96.1 FM (757) 622-9696 Richmond, VA WBZU 106.5 FM (804) 345-1065 Seattle, WA KNDD 107.7 FM (206) 421-1077 Charleston, WV WRVZ 98.7 FM (304) 345-8100 Hayward, WI WOJB 88.9 FM (715) 634-2100 Milwaukee, WI WLUM 102.1 FM (414) 799-1021 Sun Prairie, WI WMAD 92.1 FM (608) 281-0921 Laramie, WY KUWR FM (307) 766-4255 (9am - 12pm weekdays) Toronto, ONT, Canada CFNY 102.1 FM (416) 870-EDGE [2]Go Back [3]HOME [INLINE] [INLINE] [INLINE] [INLINE] References 1. http://www.tmbg.com/news/index.html 2. http://www.tmbg.com/news/music.html 3. http://www.tmbg.com/index.html [Crucial Disclaimer: Not everyone on the list agrees with me.] -- justicek@edge.net (Kim Justice) http://edge.edge.net/~justicek Radiant and terrified, they fall. -- Anna Domino ------------------------------ End of tmbg-list Digest #8-25 *****************************