Errors-To: owner-tmbg-digest@tmbg.org Reply-To: tmbg-digest@tmbg.org Sender: owner-tmbg-digest@tmbg.org Precedence: bulk From: owner-tmbg-digest@tmbg.org To: tmbg-digest@tmbg.org Subject: tmbg-list Digest #8-30 tmbg-list Digest, Volume 8, Number 30 Thursday, 30 July 1998 Today's Topics: Re: NON TMBG: Moxy Fruvous TMBG: Help please! Re: TMBG: Dr. Worm on y100 TMBG: Minneapolis concert 2 Aug 1998 TMBG:radioworm TMBG: xtc Re: TMBG: xtc TMBG: Definate TMBG content plus could I get some help? Re: TMBG: Definate TMBG content Re: TMBG: Definate TMBG content plus could I get some help? TMBG: TMBG on WFNX TMBG: OMLTness Re: TMBG: TMBG interview this morning Re: TMBG: TMBG interview this morning Re: TMBG: Dr. Worm on y100 Re: TMBG: TMBG interview this morning Re: TMBG: Dr. Worm on y100 TMBG: Tabs Re: Non-TMBG: Getting easily suckered. Re: TMBG: Dr. Worm on 99X! Re: TMBG: Dr. Worm on 99X! Re: NON TMBG: Moxy Fruvous Re: TMBG: Definate TMBG content Re: NON TMBG: Moxy Fruvous TMBG: radio list Re: TMBG: Dr. Worm on y100 Re: TMBG: radio list - HEY QUIT STEPPIN' ON MY TOES!!! Re: NON TMBG: Moxy Fruvous Re: NON TMBG: Moxy Fruvous TMBG: kindergarten rhyming Re: TMBG: our mission... (if youu don't care about bootlegs, skip it) Re: TMBG: fruvous shmuvous TMBG: Re:SEXXY TMBG: radio stations TMBG:Hatch Shell Concert TMBG: NON TMBG - Re MF Kill kill kill etc. TMBG: Re: tmbg- Ha Ha!!! I know something y'all don't know! Re: TMBG: Dr. Worm on y100 Re: TMBG: Dr. Worm on y100 TMBG: STD Cover! Re: TMBG: STD Cover! Re: NON TMBG: Moxy Fruvous Re: TMBG: Re: tmbg- Ha Ha!!! I know something y'all don't know! TMBG: Re: Vote Flans to the top! TMBG: TMBG and a bunch of other crap Re: TMBG: Dr. Worm on y100 Re: TMBG: STD Cover! Re: TMBG: Dr. Worm on y100 Re: TMBG: Re:SEXXY TMBG: non-tmbg: the best thing to come out of germany Re: TMBG: non-tmbg: the best thing to come out of germany TMBG: TMBG Concert in Minneapolis this Sunday Re: TMBG: Dr. Worm on y100 Administrivia: If you wish to unsubscribe from this mailing send mail to tmbg-digest-request@tmbg.org for instructions on how to be automatically removed. --------------------------------------------------------------------- The views expressed herein are those of the individual authors. --------------------------------------------------------------------- tmbg-list is digested with Digest 3.5b (John Relph ). ---------------------------------------------------------------------- Message-Id: <35BDE349.4E86ACB@rosevc.rose-hulman.edu> Date: Tue, 28 Jul 1998 09:42:17 -0500 From: Chad Maloney Subject: Re: NON TMBG: Moxy Fruvous Sorry about dragging this on. I feel that I have placed loads of facts upon all issues presented by Malc and I can't let him put words in my mouth, which is what this entire email is. It does say NON TMBG in the title. If you don't like this thread, I ask you to please delete email titled NON TMBG: Moxy Fruvous. It' probably not TMBG related, and it is also probably about Moxy Fruvous. Malcolm MacTavish wrote: > Really? No one can ever declare anything irrelevant in a "good > debate"? I'm sorry, but some things *are* irrelevant. No one can declare anything in a debate. They must prove things irrelevant. You say something outlandish, people provide facts supporting the opposite of your outlandishness, and then you say those facts are irrelevant. That's the way I see things. > When I said what > I did about Moxy Fruvous, people started saying what great guys they > were and how so-and-so once changed strings in the middle of a song > and how remarkable it was for a folk group to write an antiwar song > (gasp!) and how unheard of it is to sing and play bass at the same > time. What you said about Moxy Fruvous was an outlandish statement that they were pedestrian and that Flans was a much much better technical musicial than either of the guitarists from Moxy Fruvous. _I_ said nothing about anyone changing a string in the middle of a song. I did say, in response to you saying that Dave and Mike are not talented guitarists, that I have seen Dave break two strings (B and upper E if you care) in a guitar heavy song and still pull the song off, including an improvised solo that was technically competent and stylistically fit, after retuning his G string to make for a more rounded out chord. That was damned relevent to me. In direct contradiction to your statement about the low quality of the musicianship of Dave, my example shows Dave was enough skill to comprehend what breaking two strings will do to the song and have the musical knowledge to fix it by correctly tuning a string that playing the song out, including a solo. I did not say he changed a string in the middle of a song (error on your part there). I also did not say that it was remarkable for a folk group to write an antiwar song. I used the Gulf War Song as an example of two things that you say Moxy Fruvous lacks. You flat out stated that the Moxy Fruvous lads weren't incredible singers. I say that one listen to the Gulf War Song will show they are incredible singers, with commanding control over their voices and wide ranges. You also said that Moxy Fruvous evoked no emotion whatsoever from you. That's fine with me. The first time I heard the Gulf War Song live (which is even more incredible than hearing it on CD if not just for the fact that they have the vocal skills to do it live and not just get it right once for a CD take) my stomach knotted up and I cried because the song was so beautiful. No where do the contents of the song come into play there. Chalk up another error on your part... No one said it is unheard of to sing and play bass at the same time. It is hard to do. It is not the most common setup. I assume most people will agree with me when I say that when we see a bass player singing, especially when it is more than just backup vocals in only select parts, that it is out of the ordinary. The nature of the bass part conflicts with the nature of vocals. The bass part traditionally blends with the drums to make the foundation rhythm for the song while the vocals give the melody and harmony parts. Yes, I know there are a lot of melodic bass players (Paul McCartney is my best example) and I know there are people that who sing extremely well and play bass at the same time. But I see it as uncommon. > There were a couple of good points, but there was a lot of stuff > that was completely beside the point, and a couple of outright factual > errors, too. Please tell me what was wrong and what the correct answers were. I'd appreciate it. I consider myself very very knowledgeable about Moxy Fruvous history and their music. I'd very much like to be correct when I tell someone something. Please correct me. Everything I have said is, to the best of my knowledge, true. > I expected to start hearing any second about Moxy > Fruvous's excellent taste in wine and their ongoing support for Save > the Children. Moxy Fruvous supports many causes. They have an annual Fruvous and Friend for Choice fundraiser which helps a pro-choice cause and they did a lot of work for the No Megacity movement in Ontario (there was a No MegaCity CD that Jian helped work on and the Frulads wrote Today's the Day that We Fight Back for the CD). And yes, I agree none of those things have a place in this discussion. But what I just said is true... > What if the evidence is genuinely unimportant? My basic opinion is > that Moxy Fruvous are a bunch of undistinguished acoustic-music ponces > who write twee lyrics that are heavy with liberal platitudes and > agonizing jokes. The response has been "Well, we like that sort of > music, and they do it very well, and we think 'I spilled salad > dressing on Doris Lessing' is actually quite funny, thanks." What the hell? I respect your opinion that the music of Moxy Fruvous is not something you enjoy. Quit saying that my opinion that Moxy Fruvous music is my favorite is completely silly. I don't like twee lyrics heavy with liberal platitudes and agonizing jokes. I like meaningful lyrics that have substantial meaning, including politcal. I also like a good satirical funny song. I also think that "Spilled some dressing on Doris Lessing" is very humorous in the context of the song My Baby Loves a Bunch of Authors. If you don't, that's is fine with me. I care less and less about what you think every time you open your mouth. > Essentially there is no disagreement, except in our assessment of the > phenomenon at hand. Therefore there is no reason for *either* side to > revise its opinion. Look, you have done two things. You have stated you don't like Fruvous's music. You have said you believe they are trapped by the genres that they choose to confine their songs to and that those songs are childish and pedestrian. That's fine with me. But you also have made statements that have been flat out wrong about the level of musicianship in Moxy Fruvous. I have said two things. I have stated that you are wrong about the level of musicianship in Moxy Fruvous and I have given many examples, to which you have either not replied or dismissed as irrelevant, even though they directly speak to an issue you brought up. And I have stated that in my opinion, Moxy Fruvous's music is deep and laden with harmonies that make me very much enjoy their work and is full of lyrics that speak to me and evoke a high range of emotions. I also have said (okay 3 things) that I don't appreciate you coming here to a public forum and attempting to trash someone without good support for yourself. I want people to be openminded about their music and specifically to the music of Moxy Fruvous. I have gained so many things through the music of Moxy Fruvous and if one person on this list could get 1/10 of what I have, I want them to find Fruvous too. And when you come here at trash them with no support, you may be turning off people who haven't even given it a chance yet. Please stop it. > > I mean, jeez, to have torqued off *Chad*, of all people... I've met > > Chad in real life, and he's the nicest person imaginable. > > Somebody was saying something a little while ago about "whining"...who > was that again...? Thanks, Nicole. I appreciate it =) Are you just buttering me up so I send your tape off to you? *smile* I'll send that off this week. Sorry it took so long. I tossed in another show cuz I'm being so slow =) > > For myself, I'm a huge fan of both TMBG and Fruvous, but Fruvous's > live > > show leaves TMBG's in the dust. Maybe you caught them on an off > night. > > Well, it's not like they were tripping over each other on stage and > playing in different keys. To be honest, they sounded very good. But > if four guys are going to play with the same simple set-up for 100 > minutes, they had better have either (a) good songs or (b) a > willingness to set themselves on fire for the amusement of the crowd. Simple set up? Eh? They switch instruments about every 3 songs. They have that costume budget (that's a Fruvous joke - if you want to know more about it, I can explain. _I_ think its funny). They run off the stage into the middle of the audience for no apparent reason. Far from simple... and I'd bet Cal would agree. Cal's the soundman who has to setup and check all those instruments each night. If you'd like, I could copy a set list off of Fruvous.com and tell you what instruments each person is using in each song and prove it is far from simple. Just ask. Oh, and I could see Mike setting himself on fire if he had the tools to do it at hand... Again, people, I'm sorry to keep this going here. I stopped after my last one since Malcolm didn't see fit to answer me then. But I don't think that I have stated wrong facts at any point in this whole thing and I can't let him get away with supporting his side by saying that I did, especially without examples... - Chad ------------------------------ From: rhilton@bitc.org.uk Message-Id: Date: Mon, 27 Jul 1998 17:37:02 +0000 Subject: TMBG: Help please! For reasons which I can't explain I haven't received any post for the last few days from the list. (Problem our end I suspect). Didn't help that we has our annual bash out of the office for 2 days last week. Does anyone have the digests they can forward to me to cover, say, 22 to 27 July? I would be very grateful. If anyone send me individual EMails about things can they please resent them. Apologies all round. Many thanks Richard not coping in the modern world Hilton ------------------------------ Message-Id: <3.0.5.32.19980728115334.007bb870@mailin.icdc.com> Date: Tue, 28 Jul 1998 11:53:34 -0400 From: "J. L. Moquin" Subject: Re: TMBG: Dr. Worm on y100 Cow7451@aol.com wrote: >here in the bleak wastelands of southeastern pennsylvania, the most prominent >alternative station is Philadelphia's y100. In the past, I've found that if >you pester them enough, they'll put a song on their playlist (it worked with >Bid Bad Voodoo Daddy). They have an 800 number (1-800-232-1003) and the e- >mail addesses of the program/music directors (jim@y100.com, doug@y100.com, >preston@y100.com, danfein@y100.com). Their fax, for people in the area, is >610-565-5578. The address for on-line requests is y100monkey@aol.com, but I >think that's wrong, because he still hasn't read my mail... Well, thanks for >the help I've been trying to call their 800 number for a week now, on and off, since I saw they're the Philly station that got STD. Granted, I don't have much time to camp out by the phone, with a busy toddler to chase, but every time I call, the line is busy, except for the time they didn't pick up. :( Just my experience, so you all might want to try the other routes mentioned above. -jennifer, mommy to alice the bean, 8/15/97 http://www.emprl.psu.edu/~anth/ NEW E-MAIL! mailto:beanmom@icdc.com "Republicans understand the importance of bondage between a mother and child." -- Dan Quayle ------------------------------ Message-Id: <35bdf4e0526b002@garnet.tc.umn.edu> Subject: TMBG: Minneapolis concert 2 Aug 1998 Date: Tue, 28 Jul 1998 10:57:20 -0500 (CDT) From: Chris Bongaarts They Might Be Giants will be playing at Hops Fest in Minneapolis, MN on Sunday, Aug. 2 at 9pm. Admission $10. Hops fest is apparently some kind of gay/lesbian beer festival, so you might have to be 21 to get in. The phone number for info is (612) 822-7802; there is a blurb on sidewalk.com about it (though TMBG are not referenced on that page. We do have confirmation They'll be there, though.) %% Chris Bongaarts %% Chris.Bongaarts-1@umn.edu %% http://umn.edu/~cab %% U of Minnesota %% CBongo on EFnet IRC (#umn) %% Stop Plate Tectonics! ------------------------------ Subject: TMBG:radioworm Message-ID: <19980727.154508.7911.1.winningh@juno.com> From: winningh@juno.com (Winningham S. Sarah) Date: Tue, 28 Jul 1998 15:39:05 EDT Grrrrr, I was so busy pestering San Diego's main alterna-crap station 91X, that I missed it when the other station, 92.5 actually played Dr. Worm Sarah "first sunburn of the year received while posing as supergirl on her friends gay pride parade float" Winningham _____________________________________________________________________ You don't need to buy Internet access to use free Internet e-mail. Get completely free e-mail from Juno at http://www.juno.com Or call Juno at (800) 654-JUNO [654-5866] ------------------------------ From: filthyscarecrow@webtv.net Date: Tue, 28 Jul 1998 14:53:38 -0500 (EST) Subject: TMBG: xtc Message-ID: <1646-35BE2C42-764@mailtod-152.iap.bryant.webtv.net> Does anyone know where I can find xtc chords or tabliture? I bought "a testimonial dinner" and it's great, but now I want to know how to play those songs. ------------------------------ Message-Id: <3.0.1.32.19980728155713.006bd9ac@130.127.28.14> Date: Tue, 28 Jul 1998 15:57:13 -0400 From: Adam Tyner Subject: Re: TMBG: xtc Yes, I posted a reply about this the other day... http://reality.sgi.com/relph/chalkhills/charts/ -Adam At 02:53 PM 7/28/98 -0500, filthyscarecrow@webtv.net wrote: > Does anyone know where I can find xtc chords or tabliture? I bought "a >testimonial dinner" and it's great, but now I want to know how to play >those songs. > > > > > > > > > -- /=---------------- http://www.he-man.org/ctyner/ ----------------=\ http://www.awod.com/gallery/rwav/ctyner/ The home of He-Man, "Weird Al", Yoo-hoo, Killer Tomatoes, and more! Demented music list admin O- MiSTie #67,326 ------------------------------ Message-ID: <007301bdba62$bde7fa60$a5061ecf@default> From: "Green Jello" Subject: TMBG: Definate TMBG content plus could I get some help? Date: Tue, 28 Jul 1998 16:03:07 -0400 First the TMBG content.... 4:00pm EST on Tuesday July 28th 11 John Flansburgh 1.30 10250 http://www.pathfinder.com/time/time100/poc/century.html don't forget to delete that pathfinder.com cookie... Now for the help... Could someone please tell me when this became the list for Moxy F, XTC, and the other bands I've seen posted about the last few months? I totally think that as a list we should enlighten each other to bands... that's way cool. That's how I became a Ben Folds Five fan, but this is ridiculous. Couldn't we leave it at... "Hey if you like TMBG check out (this band)." This junk with a month long debate over whether or not Kurt Cobain was an idiot or if this band sux or that band sux is way TOO MUCH Brother John Green Jello who doesn't even bother putting on his flameproof skivvies ------------------------------ Date: Tue, 28 Jul 1998 14:16:29 -0600 (MDT) From: Scot Westwood Subject: Re: TMBG: Definate TMBG content Message-ID: Could somebody tell me what a cookie is, or how to delete one. Sorry about my complete lack of computer literacy. Scot (Who really doesn't want all of his votes for Flans to be ignored because he doesn't know anything about the internet.) PS I got STD today, just thought I'd rub it in ------------------------------ From: KdsInThHal@aol.com Message-ID: Date: Tue, 28 Jul 1998 16:57:13 EDT Subject: Re: TMBG: Definate TMBG content plus could I get some help? In a message dated 7/28/98 4:09:00 PM, greenjello1973@geocities.com wrote: >11 John Flansburgh 1.30 10250 > > > >http://www.pathfinder.com/time/time100/poc/century.html > > > >don't forget to delete that pathfinder.com cookie... > how about setting preferences to never accept cookies? (ooh, deja vu ) does voting from different zip codes or countries count too? :] sarah ------------------------------ From: Happyfroot@aol.com Message-ID: Date: Tue, 28 Jul 1998 17:16:23 EDT Subject: TMBG: TMBG on WFNX I heard upon the spinning of the radio dial about John coming into the WFNX studios today...anyone catch it? Anyone know if they will be back in the studios to do some stuff that i will be home to record???? jason "no time for a middle name" glastetter ------------------------------ Message-Id: <199807282203.RAA22465@mail1.nitco.com> From: "The Cowans" Subject: TMBG: OMLTness Date: Tue, 28 Jul 1998 17:05:50 -0500 At least she was so disorganized as to lose my check:) Blink ------------------------------ From: Monotreme3@aol.com Message-ID: Date: Tue, 28 Jul 1998 18:53:29 EDT Subject: Re: TMBG: TMBG interview this morning In a message dated 7/28/98 8:05:33 AM Eastern Daylight Time, pburge@acentech.com writes: > Hey. > > There will be an interview with John and/or John at about 8:15 this > morning on WFNX in Boston. You can hear it on the internet. > Go to: http://www.broadcast.com/radio/alternative/WFNX/ > > Maybe someone can record it. ::gets down on his knees and begs someone to record this PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE because the chances of him being able to get the phone line from his stepmother tonight are slim to slim to slim to "you must be fucking kidding me...." So... PLEASE, someone record that. Somehow. "I will find a way!" -Jack Frost:: -Carey P.S. PLEASE! I'm so pathetic, here! PLEASE! ------------------------------ From: KdsInThHal@aol.com Message-ID: <6d6526b3.35be6149@aol.com> Date: Tue, 28 Jul 1998 19:39:52 EDT Subject: Re: Re: TMBG: TMBG interview this morning In a message dated 7/28/98 7:01:17 PM, Monotreme3@aol.com wrote: > >> Hey. >> >> There will be an interview with John and/or John at about 8:15 this >> morning on WFNX in Boston. You can hear it on the internet. >> Go to: http://www.broadcast.com/radio/alternative/WFNX/ >> >> Maybe someone can record it. > >::gets down on his knees and begs someone to record this PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE >because the chances of him being able to get the phone line from his >stepmother tonight are slim to slim to slim to "you must be fucking kidding >me...." So... PLEASE, someone record that. Somehow. "I will find a way!" -Jack >Frost:: i don't know if i'm missing something, but i reread this 5 times.. 1) from what i gather, it was *this morning* 2) what does it have to do with the phone? i'm not, trying to ~flame~ or anything, but i'm windering if i'm missing something else.. ooh live moxy fruvous on the radio, sarah ------------------------------ Message-Id: <199807290031.UAA25775@daisy.snet.net> From: "dext182" Date: Tue, 28 Jul 1998 20:28:30 +0000 Subject: Re: TMBG: Dr. Worm on y100 i just want to say phooey to all you lucky fools out there that get to listen to this new song. the only radio station here that would consider playing played it for a week, during this thing where they have 2 new singles go head to head and after they play both, people call in and vote which one they liked better. i just want to say, dr. worm kicked butt... but the dj had somethign against it because he got pissed everytime it won, and whent he week was over, it was declared champion... but they haven't played it since! so i have to wait in anticipation until i can purchase the cd... *sigh* ~jen~ > here in the bleak wastelands of southeastern pennsylvania, the most prominent > alternative station is Philadelphia's y100. In the past, I've found that if > you pester them enough, they'll put a song on their playlist (it worked with > Bid Bad Voodoo Daddy). They have an 800 number (1-800-232-1003) and the e- > mail addesses of the program/music directors (jim@y100.com, doug@y100.com, > preston@y100.com, danfein@y100.com). Their fax, for people in the area, is > 610-565-5578. The address for on-line requests is y100monkey@aol.com, but I > think that's wrong, because he still hasn't read my mail... Well, thanks for > the help > > > Alex > -------------------------------------------------------------- > "What he lacks in smarts he makes up for > in lack of smarts." > -- Xander of BtVS > -------------------------------------------------------------- > > ------------------------------ Message-Id: <199807290119.VAA24942@ussenterprise.ufp.org> Date: Tue, 28 Jul 1998 20:20:05 -0500 From: Mitchell Harding Subject: Re: Re: TMBG: TMBG interview this morning >i don't know if i'm missing something, but i reread this 5 times.. > >1) from what i gather, it was *this morning* >2) what does it have to do with the phone? > >i'm not, trying to ~flame~ or anything, but i'm windering if i'm missing >something else.. As for #1, you are correct, so far as I can tell. As for #2, some people require a free phone line with which to use their modem, which for some people is required in order to listen to web radio broadcasts. Or such is the result of my detective work, at any rate. Harf, Mitch "The world is full of magical things patiently waiting for our wits to grow sharper." Support the Harf Project: All your questions answered, all your problems solved: ------------------------------ Date: Wed, 29 Jul 1998 12:21:09 +0800 (WST) From: FatBob Smith Teen Idol Subject: Re: TMBG: Dr. Worm on y100 Message-ID: wah. Dr Worm. Wah. I will throw a temper tantrum. Try finding a radio station that will play it in perth australia. I shouldnt get on mailing lists, all I do is whinge about what i am missing out on. I went to download an mp3, only to find that my computer wont play mp3's. I'm bitter, damn it. This computer is shite and DJ's here can kiss my butt because they play crap. I am going to go now and ring my radio stations and demand they get a copy and play it. Somehow. On a different note, does anyone know what They have released on vinyl? Yesterday I went shopping for music and I found (she was a) hotel detective 12" maxi single. Is this the only thing they have released on vinyl? I also found the john henry cd with the bonus livein new york cd (woo)! and I found another copy of the s-e-x-x-y cd single. I bought it because it had different packaging to the one I already had, but then I realised that it had 6 songs on it (it was the australian release) where as the american release I already had only had three songs on it. Are there any other prints of it or would these be the only ones? Lorelei (Laura) leader of the mmmbop world domination society *************** A N G S T I N C. ******************* \~o If I were a carpenter, I'd hammer on my piglet I'd collect the seven dollars and I'd buy a big prosthetic forehead and wear it on my real head! o~/ t m b g ***************************************************** gratuitous waste of space '98 ------------------------------ Subject: TMBG: Tabs Message-ID: <19980728.012458.7911.2.winningh@juno.com> From: winningh@juno.com (Winningham S. Sarah) Date: Wed, 29 Jul 1998 01:18:44 EDT If such a thing as TMBG bass tabs exist, and somebody has them could they please email them to me? Its my brother what really wants em. Thanks... wow two posts in one day, perhaps a first for me Sarah "No musical pretensions of her own" Winningham _____________________________________________________________________ You don't need to buy Internet access to use free Internet e-mail. Get completely free e-mail from Juno at http://www.juno.com Or call Juno at (800) 654-JUNO [654-5866] ------------------------------ Message-ID: <19980729080717.25487.qmail@hotmail.com> From: "VoVat Quetzalcoatlus" Subject: Re: Non-TMBG: Getting easily suckered. Date: Wed, 29 Jul 1998 01:07:16 PDT >Reply-To: "Josh Buckland" > >>So....having been screwed over, anyone want to buy some official TMBG >dirt >>which I grow in my backyard? >> > > >OOH!!! OFICIAL TMBG DIRT?!?!?! HOW MUCH?!?!?! > > (please note sarcasm and mochery) Hey! You'll be thankful for it when the whole world slips away, and a piece of it is all you're standing on! -- Nathan, who can get you a good deal on a bridge that just happens to be in Brooklyn (or maybe a token back to Brooklyn) DinnerBell@tmbg.org http://www.geocities.com/Area51/Corridor/5447/ "The puffin sipped at his herbal tea and sighed, 'You can't get the buttons these days.'" ______________________________________________________ Get Your Private, Free Email at http://www.hotmail.com ------------------------------ Message-ID: <19980729081532.2629.qmail@hotmail.com> From: "VoVat Quetzalcoatlus" Subject: Re: TMBG: Dr. Worm on 99X! Date: Wed, 29 Jul 1998 01:15:31 PDT >Reply-To: Monotreme3@aol.com > >Okay. My friend Jacob and I called 99X, our local alternabilly station to >request Dr. Worm... and it went a little somethin' like this: >After that we gave up. 99X sucks. Fuck 99X. You should have gone down to that radio station, and demanded that they give you that elephant! -- Nathan (Where's my elephant?) DinnerBell@tmbg.org http://www.geocities.com/Area51/Corridor/5447/ "The puffin sipped at his herbal tea and sighed, 'You can't get the buttons these days.'" ______________________________________________________ Get Your Private, Free Email at http://www.hotmail.com ------------------------------ Message-ID: <19980729081938.24706.qmail@hotmail.com> From: "VoVat Quetzalcoatlus" Subject: Re: TMBG: Dr. Worm on 99X! Date: Wed, 29 Jul 1998 01:19:37 PDT >Reply-To: TerryTMBG@aol.com > >1. that was funny as all hell. mad propz go out to monotreme and jacob. Hear, hear! >2. that DJ sounds like a freak. I hate DJs who lie to you. Hey! Maybe it was the Mr. DJ from the song! Nah. At least he pretended to be a nice guy at first. >does 99X have a >1800 number? wouldn't it just *suck* to have like fifty different people keep >requesting that song during his next shift? Next shift? He's going to have a NEXT SHIFT? Is there no justice in the world? >sorry to make this so short, y'all, but I think that DJ needs a good smackz0rz >in the face. Or a good ol' kick in the ass -- Nathan DinnerBell@tmbg.org http://www.geocities.com/Area51/Corridor/5447/ "The puffin sipped at his herbal tea and sighed, 'You can't get the buttons these days.'" ______________________________________________________ Get Your Private, Free Email at http://www.hotmail.com ------------------------------ Message-ID: <19980729082419.8369.qmail@hotmail.com> From: "VoVat Quetzalcoatlus" Subject: Re: NON TMBG: Moxy Fruvous Date: Wed, 29 Jul 1998 01:24:18 PDT >Reply-To: J Kuemmerle > >On Mon, 27 Jul 1998 KdsInThHal@aol.com wrote: > >> >Either that, or someone who doesn't think name-dropping and >> >kindergarten rhyming games are howlingly funny. >> >> do you sing like olive oyl on purpose? you guys must be into the eurythmics. >> theeeeeeee sun is a mass of incandescent gas, a gi-- fuck, for a minute, i >> thought this was the tmbg list. sorry. > >::lol:: > >no, don't stop! > >(chiming in:) the daaaaaaaaaaay marvin gaaaaaaaaye and phil ooooooochs >got marrieeeeeeed.... particle man, particle man, doin' the thiiings a >particle can... shoulder, bicep, elbow, arm, forearm, thumb, wrist, >knuckle, palm, middle, pinky, index, ring... > >--jim kuemmerle, dinner bell, ding... Too late or soon to make noise about love and there's no time for sorrow. Run around in the rain with a hole in the brain 'til tomorrooooow...Turn around, turn around, it's a human skull on the ground... -- Nathan DinnerBell@tmbg.org http://www.geocities.com/Area51/Corridor/5447/ "It's a long, long rope they use to hang me soon, I hope..." ______________________________________________________ Get Your Private, Free Email at http://www.hotmail.com ------------------------------ Message-ID: <19980729082847.26694.qmail@hotmail.com> From: "VoVat Quetzalcoatlus" Subject: Re: TMBG: Definate TMBG content Date: Wed, 29 Jul 1998 01:28:46 PDT >Reply-To: Scot Westwood > > Could somebody tell me what a cookie is, or how to delete one. A cookie is sort of like a miniature cake, or a sweet cracker. Popular varieties include chocolate chip, oatmeal raisin, and Oreo. I would recommend eating them, rather than deleting them. > PS I got STD today, just thought I'd rub it in Rub it into what? Your skin? Does it keep bugs away, or what? -- Nathan, back on that old Lame Joke kick again DinnerBell@tmbg.org http://www.geocities.com/Area51/Corridor/5447/ "The puffin sipped at his herbal tea and sighed, 'You can't get the buttons these days.'" ______________________________________________________ Get Your Private, Free Email at http://www.hotmail.com ------------------------------ Message-ID: <19980729113610.21125.rocketmail@send1d.yahoomail.com> Date: Wed, 29 Jul 1998 04:36:10 -0700 (PDT) From: Jason Fickley Subject: Re: NON TMBG: Moxy Fruvous > >::lol:: > > > >no, don't stop! > > > >(chiming in:) the daaaaaaaaaaay marvin gaaaaaaaaye and phil ooooooochs > >got marrieeeeeeed.... particle man, particle man, doin' the thiiings > a > >particle can... shoulder, bicep, elbow, arm, forearm, thumb, wrist, > >knuckle, palm, middle, pinky, index, ring... > > > >--jim kuemmerle, dinner bell, ding... > > Too late or soon to make noise about love and there's no time for > sorrow. Run around in the rain with a hole in the brain 'til > tomorrooooow...Turn around, turn around, it's a human skull on the > ground... I would climb the highest mountain just to jump into a fountain... --Jason, who still can't get Hotmail to work _________________________________________________________ DO YOU YAHOO!? Get your free @yahoo.com address at http://mail.yahoo.com ------------------------------ From: filthyscarecrow@webtv.net Date: Wed, 29 Jul 1998 09:06:18 -0500 (EST) Subject: TMBG: radio list Message-ID: <7798-35BF2C5A-259@mailtod-152.iap.bryant.webtv.net> I'll make the list of radio stations. Just send them to me (my e-mail address, up there) and when I think I have all of them, I'll send the list to the list. Kay? ------------------------------ Subject: Re: TMBG: Dr. Worm on y100 Message-ID: <19980729.115017.12015.0.captainmarvel2@juno.com> From: captainmarvel2@juno.com (Derek A Klein) Date: Wed, 29 Jul 1998 11:51:53 EDT >I found another copy of the s-e-x-x-y cd single. I bought it because it had >different packaging to the one I already had, but then I realised that it had 6 >songs on it (it was the australian release) where as the american release I >already had only had three songs on it. Are there any other prints of it or would >these be the only ones? The copy of S-E-X-X-Y that I have has 5 songs on it. I got it from the Their website. Derek "Egad, a base tone denotes a bad age" _____________________________________________________________________ You don't need to buy Internet access to use free Internet e-mail. Get completely free e-mail from Juno at http://www.juno.com Or call Juno at (800) 654-JUNO [654-5866] ------------------------------ Message-Id: <1.5.4.32.19980729040315.006be430@cybnetonline.com> Date: Tue, 28 Jul 1998 23:03:15 -0500 From: "The Li'l Depressed Boy" Subject: Re: TMBG: radio list - HEY QUIT STEPPIN' ON MY TOES!!! Sorry Filthy Scarecrow. I've already volunteered for this position. The page is almost done. Thanx for the help Filth, but mine is gonna be more than a list it's gonna semi-automated, to make posting it to several dj's a really easy thing. LDB At 09:06 AM 7/29/98 -0500, filthyscarecrow@webtv.net wrote: > I'll make the list of radio stations. Just send them to me (my e-mail >address, up there) and when I think I have all of them, I'll send the >list to the list. Kay? > > > > > > > > > -- (this site cuts the amount of URL's I put in my Sig) My Web Page Index: http://www.cybnetonline.com/users/njack/ TMBG | D.U.M.B. NEWS | Mr. Gone Font -- Contemporary Cartoon Militia is (C) & TM 1998 S. Steven Struble and Kris W. M. Struble. The Li'l Depressed Boy, Phreeck, Spyder Hunt, and all related characters (C) & TM 1998 S. Steven Struble ------------------------------ Message-ID: <19980729163954.29950.rocketmail@send101.yahoomail.com> Date: Wed, 29 Jul 1998 09:39:54 -0700 (PDT) From: Malcolm MacTavish Subject: Re: NON TMBG: Moxy Fruvous Jason Fickley wrote: > > >::lol:: > > > > > >no, don't stop! > > > > > >(chiming in:) the daaaaaaaaaaay marvin gaaaaaaaaye and phil > ooooooochs > > >got marrieeeeeeed.... particle man, particle man, doin' the > thiiings > > a > > >particle can... shoulder, bicep, elbow, arm, forearm, thumb, wrist, > > >knuckle, palm, middle, pinky, index, ring... > > > > > >--jim kuemmerle, dinner bell, ding... > > > > Too late or soon to make noise about love and there's no time for > > sorrow. Run around in the rain with a hole in the brain 'til > > tomorrooooow...Turn around, turn around, it's a human skull on the > > ground... > > I would climb the highest mountain just to jump into a fountain... Why don't you guys just get it over with and upload the entire TMBG lyric compendium to the list? This is starting to remind me of one of those '70s _Sesame Street_ sketches where Grover discusses the alphabet with 12-year-old Down Syndrome sufferers. M.M'T. _________________________________________________________ DO YOU YAHOO!? Get your free @yahoo.com address at http://mail.yahoo.com ------------------------------ Message-ID: <19980729171436.27289.qmail@hotmail.com> From: "VoVat Quetzalcoatlus" Subject: Re: NON TMBG: Moxy Fruvous Date: Wed, 29 Jul 1998 10:14:34 PDT >Reply-To: Malcolm MacTavish >Why don't you guys just get it over with and upload the entire TMBG >lyric compendium to the list? Maybe because not all TMBG lyrics rely on the "kindergarten rhyme game" scheme, or whatever you called it. It is fairly prominent in some songs, though. -- Nathan DinnerBell@tmbg.org http://www.geocities.com/Area51/Corridor/5447/ "The puffin sipped at his herbal tea and sighed, 'You can't get the buttons these days.'" ______________________________________________________ Get Your Private, Free Email at http://www.hotmail.com ------------------------------ Date: Wed, 29 Jul 1998 11:24:36 -0600 (MDT) From: J Kuemmerle Subject: TMBG: kindergarten rhyming Message-ID: On Wed, 29 Jul 1998, Malcolm MacTavish wrote: > Why don't you guys just get it over with and upload the entire TMBG > lyric compendium to the list? two words: revenge. ~_^ besides, i'm happy to have a discussion where i can use my knowledge of TMBG... having not yet heard fruvous... > This is starting to remind me of one of those '70s _Sesame Street_ > sketches where Grover discusses the alphabet with 12-year-old Down > Syndrome sufferers. i'm afraid i don't quite see the connection there, although given recent events here, i'm afraid to ask you to elaborate... --jim kuemmerle, the monster at the end of this book... j.kuemmerle@m.cc.utah.edu http://www.geocities.com/soho/gallery/4668/ ------------------------------ Date: Wed, 29 Jul 1998 14:01:45 -0400 (EDT) From: Josh Woodward Subject: Re: TMBG: our mission... (if youu don't care about bootlegs, skip it) Message-id: On Mon, 27 Jul 1998, Lawrence P Solomon wrote: > Unfortunately, I don't have anything with which to tape the show, but > I'm sure someone who's going to be there does. Is tape enough? > Probably not. What I'd like to see is a good DAT recording (because DAT > allows you to adjust the levels while recording, which is necessary at > the 9:30 club) to record a show at what seems to be a popular meeting > point for east coast TMBG'ers. Amen, brother! 99.9% of TMBG bootlegs are completely crap. It's because of crap equipment, plain and simple. Using analog tape isn't a complete sin in and of itself, but it usually implies that the show was recorded with a crap walkman and an internal microphone. If you use good microphones and a half-decent analog deck, it'll come out a lot better than most tapes. DAT is the best way to go, but it's also a lot more expensive. I picked mine up for $500. An additional $230 got me some nice-sounding binaural mics. I've tried the binaurals through a cheap walkman and they didn't sould half bad. But like you said, you don't get to fool with the levels, which is a problem. > Or another possibility - and a long shot - no, a *really* long shot - is > to get permission to use the sound board feed, and bring some nice > equipment without having to smuggle it in. You won't have luck with that. TMBG doesn't allow taping (you'll have to stealth even audience tapes), so their soundman won't go for that. :( * ----------------------------------------------------------------------- Josh Woodward, CheEsy Fru. joshw@mail.bgsu.edu Web Site and Tape List: http://www.dc-adnet.com/joshw/ "When I hold you, there are no secrets." - Fruvous ------------------------------ Date: Wed, 29 Jul 1998 13:54:36 -0400 (EDT) From: Josh Woodward Subject: Re: TMBG: fruvous shmuvous Message-id: On Mon, 27 Jul 1998, Nub wrote: > thank god! i was beginning to think i was the only one who thought that > way. moxy fruvous annoy me to no end. it's that whole barbershop quartet > cheesiness that i just can't deal with. Sorry to prolong this thread, but... Fruvous is not a barbershop quartet any more than TMBG is a polka band. * ----------------------------------------------------------------------- Josh Woodward, CheEsy Fru. joshw@mail.bgsu.edu Web Site and Tape List: http://www.dc-adnet.com/joshw/ "When I hold you, there are no secrets." - Fruvous ------------------------------ Date: Wed, 29 Jul 1998 13:28:11 -0600 (MDT) From: Scot Westwood Subject: TMBG: Re:SEXXY Message-ID: Whats the 6th song on the australian SEXXY ------------------------------ From: filthyscarecrow@webtv.net Date: Wed, 29 Jul 1998 16:08:13 -0500 (EST) Subject: TMBG: radio stations Message-ID: <29732-35BF8F3D-202@mailtod-151.iap.bryant.webtv.net> Marvin the Li'l depressed boyis makin' a semi-automated list for us all. so send your radio stations' e-mail addresses to him at LDB@TMBG.ORG ------------------------------ Message-ID: <35BF5F17.EC5DC13A@tmbg.org> Date: Wed, 29 Jul 1998 17:42:50 +0000 From: "Chris \"Feeny\" Campbell" Subject: TMBG:Hatch Shell Concert Hey all you TMBGer's, I think everyone going to see them at the hatch shell should meet at a restaurant (Someone suggest one, I'm not a Boston native!) after the show and talk! I'll be there in my black "Big Head" T-shirt and next to a video camera, come talk to me, I won't bite! I got scared, my dad's van broke down today (the other car is in the shop!) after being towed, we found that our other car was ready to go _to Boston_ :-) -- -Christopher ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ TMBG SHRINE! Http://www.mix-net.net/~ccampbell E-mail - feeny@tmbg.org ----"No one understands, No one knows my plan" -John Linnell, ----"A note to myself, do the dumb things I gotta do, touch the puppet head" -John Flansburgh They Might Be Giants ------------------------------ From: rhilton@bitc.org.uk Message-Id: Date: Wed, 29 Jul 1998 19:33:56 +0000 Subject: TMBG: NON TMBG - Re MF Kill kill kill etc. Recently Erik said that if we wanted his humble opinion on MF we could Email him privately. Well I tried and I keep getting knocked back so if you are out there Erik please contact me because I'm interested. If anyone else has humble (as in sensible) opinions about MFs and which CD I should consider investigating please feel free to EMail me privately. I thank you. Richard RHILTON@BITC.ORG.UK (hope this is correct!) ------------------------------ Date: Wed, 29 Jul 1998 19:17:02 -0400 Subject: TMBG: Re: tmbg- Ha Ha!!! I know something y'all don't know! Message-ID: <19980729.191704.4062.0.djMagma@juno.com> From: djmagma@juno.com (Davin Q. Hutchingstone) For the first time in my life I actually have a meaningful contribution to this list! There is a TMBG concert in about a month... it is in the United States... (More info at the end of this post.) HEY CHRIS CAMPBELL!!! YEAH, YOU!!! (Said in a big bully voice.) There is a slight error in your sig. It is "memo to myself", not "a note to myself." If you are not Chris Campbell, don't read the previous message. I do not want to embarrass Chris by pointing out this misprint. ANYWAY, I called the best Cleveland radio station, 107.9 WENZ, "The End" and requested Dr. Worm. They still haven't played it, but I have faith in them. They are the radio station that sponsors all the Cleveland TMBG shows, AAAAAAAAND.................!! (continued post from top) THEY ARE HOLDING THEIR ANNUAL "END-FEST", AND TMBG IS GONNA BE THERE!!!!!!!!!!! Yes folks, you heard me right! TMBG is going to playing at Blossom (NE Ohio) August 29! Halleluja! I missed the damn Ohio Wesleyan one, but I can go to dis one! (I can't believe I was the first to report this since this info has been out for weeks!) Sorry to make such a long, boring post. At least they only come once a month. Wait, that sounded weird... -Dave Hutch "Notice all the yokels through the window, I'm scoping all the humans at the window." -Joe and Joe of TMBQ, from "The Windeaux" _____________________________________________________________________ You don't need to buy Internet access to use free Internet e-mail. Get completely free e-mail from Juno at http://www.juno.com Or call Juno at (800) 654-JUNO [654-5866] ------------------------------ Message-ID: <004c01bdbb49$60ed19c0$321d3ccc@blatz> From: "Johann D. Beheader" Subject: Re: TMBG: Dr. Worm on y100 Date: Wed, 29 Jul 1998 19:34:04 -0400 -----Original Message----- From: dext182 To: tmbg-list@tmbg.org Date: Tuesday, July 28, 1998 8:31 Evening Subject: Re: TMBG: Dr. Worm on y100 i just want to say phooey to all you lucky fools out there that get to listen to this new song. the only radio station here that would consider playing played it for a week, during this thing where they have 2 new singles go head to head and after they play both, people call in and vote which one they liked better. i just want to say, dr. worm kicked butt... but the dj had somethign against it because he got pissed everytime it won, and whent he week was over, it was declared champion... but they haven't played it since! so i have to wait in anticipation until i can purchase the cd... *sigh* That was 104....wasn't it? That dj's a dick. He laughed at me and called me a dork when I voted for it. Of course it DID win....so.... The first 2 times it won, I called and it would be busy....busy....busy....get through...vote...get called a name. Went like that for a couple days. Then the day it lost, I called over and over again and it kept ringing and ringing until he came on the radio and announced that They had lost. The fucker didn't even take votes. YOOOAAARRRGHHHH! -angry fred ------------------------------ From: KdsInThHal@aol.com Message-ID: Date: Wed, 29 Jul 1998 19:45:06 EDT Subject: Re: Re: TMBG: Dr. Worm on y100 >i just want to say phooey to all you lucky fools out there that get > >to listen to this new song. the only radio station here that would > >consider playing played it for a week, i'm sorry, i know i'm being redundant here .. but if you can download and use realaudio:) you can hear it on the radio... via the computer. it's been suddenly playing well, a lot lately on my local TMBG friendly station:) i even heard they'll need a crane this morning on "new wave wednesdays" ((ok, and istanbul yesterday afternoon..) they do play some other cool stuff, so, yah might want to listen if you can, whatever. http://wber.monroe.edu they *do* play crap that shouldn't be classified as music on there (rammstein? what the hell IS this?) but you gotta take the bad to get the good. promises this'll be the last time i plug it , sarah ------------------------------ Message-ID: <19980730002426.24341.qmail@hotmail.com> From: "mr mumbly" Subject: TMBG: STD Cover! Date: Wed, 29 Jul 1998 17:24:26 PDT Here it is: http://www.asan.com/users/plassrob/stdcover.jpg ______________________________________________________ Get Your Private, Free Email at http://www.hotmail.com ------------------------------ Message-ID: <19980730003156.24961.qmail@hotmail.com> From: "Jason F." Subject: Re: TMBG: STD Cover! Date: Wed, 29 Jul 1998 17:31:56 PDT >Here it is: No! Don't show me that! Ahhhhhhhhhh! Too late I couldn't resist. Pretty cool, though, huh? --Jason,who got Hotmail to work if this gets through-- "Hot Cha, where are you? Everybody's eyes are closed." -They Might Be Giants ______________________________________________________ Get Your Private, Free Email at http://www.hotmail.com ------------------------------ From: CajunGram@aol.com Message-ID: <780f1c63.35bfbf92@aol.com> Date: Wed, 29 Jul 1998 20:34:24 EDT Subject: Re: NON TMBG: Moxy Fruvous In a message dated 98-07-29 12:44:31 EDT, you write: << Why don't you guys just get it over with and upload the entire TMBG lyric compendium to the list? This is starting to remind me of one of those '70s _Sesame Street_ sketches where Grover discusses the alphabet with 12-year-old Down Syndrome sufferers. M.M'T. >> I have listened to this for long enough from Mr. M.M'T about Fruvous sucks this and Fruvous sucks that... and I just sort of wonder with this last post if anyone could identify animal that has crawled up his ass and made a nest for itself? I'll give points for creativity, and if you can give it's Latin name, double bonus! Graham P.S. MOXY FRUVOUS ROCK!!!!! (Insert Buttrock-Handsign here) ------------------------------ From: CajunGram@aol.com Message-ID: <1f842371.35bfc074@aol.com> Date: Wed, 29 Jul 1998 20:38:11 EDT Subject: Re: TMBG: Re: tmbg- Ha Ha!!! I know something y'all don't know! In a message dated 98-07-29 19:35:15 EDT, you write: << 107.9 WENZ, "The End" >> <> Weird, there is a 107.7 The End in Seattle, and they have an annual EndFest each summer as well, and TMBG played back in the Early Nineties. Weird... Graham ------------------------------ Message-ID: <19980730011639.9037.qmail@hotmail.com> From: "Josh Buckland" Subject: TMBG: Re: Vote Flans to the top! Date: Wed, 29 Jul 1998 18:16:38 PDT >Jesus is in the lead with over 200,000 votes. This can change, however. I myself, beleiving and loving Christ, would ONLY like to see Flansburgh in ONE place. 2nd. No further, not a place more behind. Josh Buckland dilbert_2000@hotmail.com http://profiles.yahoo.com/LeChuck__ LeChuck: "We are bound to one another." Guybrush: "Like dreadlocks?" LeChuck: "Yes, rather like that. But more like...brothers!" Guybrush: "Eh?" Lechuck: "I am your brother." Guybrush: "That's not true, that's impossible!" Lechuck: "Search your feelings, you know it to be true" Guybrush: "NOOOOOOOOOOOOO!" -- Monkey Island 2: LeChuck's Revenge ______________________________________________________ Get Your Private, Free Email at http://www.hotmail.com ------------------------------ Message-ID: <35BFDE1A.FE63F0EC@softhome.net> Date: Wed, 29 Jul 1998 21:44:42 -0500 From: melissa Subject: TMBG: TMBG and a bunch of other crap okokok, im REALLY sorry i ever even brought MF up. its just that i just discovered them and wanted to know if anyone else knew about them. i didnt expect a flame the size of a fat man convention. i like, maybe you dont, but we all love TMBG and that what counts. the end. :) anyway, everyone whos goin to the TMBG hatch shell concert tommorrow, look out for the short girl with the long and very bright pink hair, cause, buddy, thats me! so say hi! also, for those of you who do like MF [not to bring up a sore subject]...theres a FREE MF CONCERT the very next day [fri, 7/31] in quincy market, under the sam goody, at 5:30, so if anyone wants to go...eh, you get the point. oh yeah, and did anyone get the tmbg interview from FNX this morning on tape? if so, is it on the net somewhere so i can leech off of it like a ...well, like a leech? thats it, im goin... which state has the lowest highest point? melissa p.s. its not a fucking state with mountains :) ------------------------------ Message-ID: <35BFD1A2.843A2C43@cannet.com> Date: Wed, 29 Jul 1998 21:51:30 -0400 From: Mike Blaser Subject: Re: TMBG: Dr. Worm on y100 KdsInThHal@aol.com wrote: > > they *do* play crap that shouldn't be classified as music on there (rammstein? > what the hell IS this?) but you gotta take the bad to get the good. > You wanna know what Rammstein is? It's the best damn thing to come out of Germany since...well, it's the best thing to come out of Germany period. Granted, they're not for everybody, but if you've got an open mind and like industrial, then I suggest you check em out. ~Mike who's been a fan for two years and is somewhat pissed they're becoming popular in the US now... ------------------------------ From: Monotreme3@aol.com Message-ID: <6d67f2c2.35bfd2f0@aol.com> Date: Wed, 29 Jul 1998 21:57:03 EDT Subject: Re: TMBG: STD Cover! I didn't mind downloading Dr. Worm, because I'd actually already heard the song before, so it wasn't much of a surprise. And nothing exclusive. But I think I, for one, will hold off on the cover. I'd like to be "wowed." -Carey ------------------------------ Message-Id: <1.5.4.32.19980729135837.006b78f4@cybnetonline.com> Date: Wed, 29 Jul 1998 08:58:37 -0500 From: "The Li'l Depressed Boy" Subject: Re: TMBG: Dr. Worm on y100 At 09:51 PM 7/29/98 -0400, Mike Blaser wrote: >You wanna know what Rammstein is? It's the best damn thing to come out >of Germany since...well, it's the best thing to come out of Germany >period. Granted, they're not for everybody, but if you've got an open >mind and like industrial, then I suggest you check em out. > Nah, I've seen better things from Germany. And Ramstein (I'm pronouncing it STEEN to piss ya off :) is not industrial, they are Dance Metal, the stupidest concept ever. LDB -- (this site cuts the amount of URL's I put in my Sig) My Web Page Index: http://www.cybnetonline.com/users/njack/ TMBG | D.U.M.B. NEWS | Mr. Gone Font -- Contemporary Cartoon Militia is (C) & TM 1998 S. Steven Struble and Kris W. M. Struble. The Li'l Depressed Boy, Phreeck, Spyder Hunt, and all related characters (C) & TM 1998 S. Steven Struble ------------------------------ Date: Thu, 30 Jul 1998 10:09:52 +0800 (WST) From: FatBob Smith Teen Idol Subject: Re: TMBG: Re:SEXXY Message-ID: On Wed, 29 Jul 1998, Scot Westwood wrote: > > Whats the 6th song on the australian SEXXY > The 6th track is s-e-x-x-y Tee's Freeze MIx Lorelei (Laura) leader of the mmmbop world domination society *************** A N G S T I N C. ******************* ~~~~~~~ http://www.vianet.net.au/~ophidian ~~~~~~~~~~ \~o If I were a carpenter, I'd hammer on my piglet I'd collect the seven dollars and I'd buy a big prosthetic forehead and wear it on my real head! o~/ t m b g ~~~~~~~~~~~~~gratuitous waste of space '98~~~~~~~~~~~ ***************************************************** ------------------------------ From: DrWormX@aol.com Message-ID: <18a693b7.35bfd626@aol.com> Date: Wed, 29 Jul 1998 22:10:45 EDT Subject: TMBG: non-tmbg: the best thing to come out of germany In a message dated 7/29/98 10:06:26 PM Eastern Daylight Time, mblaser@cannet.com writes: << You wanna know what Rammstein is? It's the best damn thing to come out of Germany since...well, it's the best thing to come out of Germany period. >> That is not true at all. The best thing to come out of Germany is Nazi's (cough). But seriously the best thing (and band) to come out of Germany is the band Nena. Has anyone ever heard 99 luftballoons? Matt- Blame it on pez addiction DrWormX@tmbg.org I'm not as messed up as I'd like to be- Hearing Aid ------------------------------ Date: Thu, 30 Jul 1998 10:26:00 +0800 (WST) From: FatBob Smith Teen Idol Subject: Re: TMBG: non-tmbg: the best thing to come out of germany Message-ID: > << You wanna know what Rammstein is? It's the best damn thing to come out > of Germany since...well, it's the best thing to come out of Germany > period. >> > > That is not true at all. The best thing to come out of Germany is Nazi's > (cough). But seriously the best thing (and band) to come out of Germany is > the band Nena. Has anyone ever heard 99 luftballoons? Yey! Nena!! :) yeh, I heard 99 luftballoons. :) And yeh, rammstein suck. They are as industrial as marilyn Manson is goth, i.e. not at all. They suck. Nena however, rocks! Lorelei (Laura) leader of the mmmbop world domination society *************** A N G S T I N C. ******************* ~~~~~~~ http://www.vianet.net.au/~ophidian ~~~~~~~~~~ \~o If I were a carpenter, I'd hammer on my piglet I'd collect the seven dollars and I'd buy a big prosthetic forehead and wear it on my real head! o~/ t m b g ~~~~~~~~~~~~~gratuitous waste of space '98~~~~~~~~~~~ ***************************************************** ------------------------------ Message-Id: Date: Wed, 29 Jul 1998 21:28:17 -0500 From: The Pope Subject: TMBG: TMBG Concert in Minneapolis this Sunday The TMBG concert in Minneapolis this Sunday, Aug. 2 is $10 and it's an **ALL AGES** concert. Starts at 9pm and it's being held outside from what my sources say(friends who actually called the place). You pay at the gate and no tickets. Location is right next to a place called Gay 90's and it'll be held in a parking lot. Yes that's right, it's outside and at night. woo hoo!! Jason "I know some of you know some of this info but just thought I'd answer that all ages question" Arnold ------------------------------ Message-ID: <35BFDCD1.6B382424@cannet.com> Date: Wed, 29 Jul 1998 22:39:14 -0400 From: Mike Blaser Subject: Re: TMBG: Dr. Worm on y100 The Li'l Depressed Boy wrote: > > Nah, I've seen better things from Germany. And Ramstein (I'm pronouncing it > STEEN to piss ya off :) is not industrial, they are Dance Metal, the > stupidest concept ever. > HA! Dance metal? I can smell the shit on that thing cause I know it came outta your ass. How the fuck can you classify anything as dance metal, let alone Rammstein....it's an oxymoron How can you dance to metal? Other than maybe moshing. I don't think they really fit into any category but industrial is probably the closest. It's a good mix of prog metal, industrial, and some electronica. out of curiosity, what would you classify KMFDM as? ~Mike ------------------------------ End of tmbg-list Digest #8-30 *****************************