Errors-To: owner-tmbg-digest@tmbg.org Reply-To: tmbg-digest@tmbg.org Sender: owner-tmbg-digest@tmbg.org Precedence: bulk From: owner-tmbg-digest@tmbg.org To: tmbg-digest@tmbg.org Subject: tmbg-list Digest #9-10 tmbg-list Digest, Volume 9, Number 10 Monday, 10 August 1998 Today's Topics: Re: TMBG: New York Stories - tmbg edition Re: TMBG: Rammstein TMBG: Hello John, Hello John (RE:TMBG list mention by...) Semi-TMBG: $45 for a scetch of Them Semi-TMBG: $45 for a scetch of Them Re: TMBG: whistling in the dark TMBG: Flansburgh!! Vote him to the top!!! TMBG: TMBG good poll news TMBG: Pointfest Re: TMBG: person of the century TMBG: Music Self Played Pic Administrivia: If you wish to unsubscribe from this mailing send mail to tmbg-digest-request@tmbg.org for instructions on how to be automatically removed. --------------------------------------------------------------------- The views expressed herein are those of the individual authors. --------------------------------------------------------------------- tmbg-list is digested with Digest 3.5b (John Relph ). ---------------------------------------------------------------------- From: KdsInThHal@aol.com Message-ID: <6d7ba995.35cd3e2b@aol.com> Date: Sun, 9 Aug 1998 02:14:02 EDT Subject: Re: TMBG: New York Stories - tmbg edition In a message dated 8/8/98 11:40:55 PM, herne@earthlink.net wrote: >While on vacation in New York City, I did a lot of record shopping but >there wasn't much excitement TMBG-wise. No bootlegs to speak of. But I >did find a copy of Severe Tire Damage used. Which I found to be a bit >of a surprise as it hadn't been released yet. i found a NEW copy today:) sitting on the counter at a friendly independent cd store; had just arrived, hadn't been put away yet... *ahh* timing is everything..sweet. :) i'm cracking up over the apes tracks... heh heh... love flans in falsetto... >The other TMBG related thrill was from hearing them on the radio. While >driving from Buffalo to NYC. WBER in rochester was having a 1989 >flashback hour and they played We'll Need a Crane. Technically that was >from 1988 of course but the girl on the radio said it was from the e.p. >which I guess was her way of cheating. LOL, i was in bed listening to this when it was on... i was actually thinking about calling when she asked for requests from 1989 (this show is called "new wave wednesdays" by the way), to request tmbg but thought "nah, 'lincoln' is from '88.. there's nothing they'd play" ..so i was pretty surprised.:) sarah ------------------------------ Date: Sun, 9 Aug 1998 01:45:38 -0500 (CDT) From: bill tatalovich Subject: Re: TMBG: Rammstein Message-ID: On Sat, 8 Aug 1998, S. Bergeron wrote: > So what? They realized how stupid the song would be if they translated it > into English. I can name two other examples: > > Nena -- 99 Luftballoons > Falco -- Der Kommisar (performed by Under The Fire) > > "Du Hast" means, "You Have" Wow, that's amazing. Mr. Bergeron knows more about the song "Du Hast" than the band that created it. That's really amazing. So no one talked about this. Is "du hast" (aka "you have") pronounced the same way as "du hasst" (aka "you hate")? If it is, or even if we can logically conclude that the band is saying "du hasst", then why are we dragging this out? We can blame the lovely American record company for fucking up the lyric sheet and move on. Reminder: I really just don't like Rammstein one bit. In fact, I laugh when I hear them...they just sound humorous to me (like Humpmuscle, but I doubt anyone's heard of them). I just find it hard to believe that a bunch of self-proclaimed hard-asses like Rammstein would change lyrics like the bubble-gum pop groups of Nena and Falco. But hey, maybe Mr. Bergeron has some amazing insight into this band that no one else has. The Rev |~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~|~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~| | Reverend Bill Tatalovich | Home page: | | | http://students.cec.wustl.edu/~wt3/ | | wt3@cec.wustl.edu | feedback for toddlers e-zine: | | personnel@kwur.wustl.edu | http://www.poboxes.com/fft/ | ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ ------------------------------ Message-ID: <35CD9E13.F575A12@pacificnet.net> Date: Sun, 09 Aug 1998 05:03:19 -0800 From: Bongo Subject: TMBG: Hello John, Hello John (RE:TMBG list mention by...) References: <199808090604.CAA08785@ussenterprise.ufp.org> Content-Type: multipart/alternative; boundary="------------AD38AF69B7F4780919C44FDC" --------------AD38AF69B7F4780919C44FDC Content-Type: text/plain; charset=us-ascii; x-mac-type="54455854"; x-mac-creator="4D4F5353" Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit > From: KdsInThHal@aol.com > Message-ID: <6b9dded0.35cc886a@aol.com> > Date: Sat, 8 Aug 1998 13:18:33 EDT > Subject: TMBG: TMBG list mention by... > > :) well i saw moxy fruvous in toronto friday night - even if you dislike them, > read this anyways. > > as i met jian (one fo the guys in MF) after the show, we were talking about > the MF newsgroup and i told him my email address and he said "oh yeah! how are > you doing?" :) and then - "linnell.. linnellgirl, you're the they might be > giants fan.. so how's that debate going on the mailing list, ya fighting for > us?" :) > > i thought that was cute. > anyways. > > sarah > For all of you who are (somehow) certain TMBG never read this list ask yourself, if Moxy Fruvous read *their* list, how big of a jump is it to assume that John and John at least occasionally read theirs. Yes, I know TMBG have always been bigger than MF but you never, never who'll reply in your e-mail box tomorrow! --------------AD38AF69B7F4780919C44FDC Content-Type: text/html; charset=us-ascii Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit
Message-ID: <6b9dded0.35cc886a@aol.com>
Date: Sat, 8 Aug 1998 13:18:33 EDT
Subject: TMBG: TMBG list mention by...

:) well i saw moxy fruvous in toronto friday night - even if you dislike them,
read this anyways.

as i met jian (one fo the guys in MF) after the show, we were talking about
the MF newsgroup and i told him my email address and he said "oh yeah! how are
you doing?" :) and then - "linnell.. linnellgirl, you're the they might be
giants fan.. so how's that debate going on the mailing list, ya fighting for
us?" :)

i thought that was cute.
anyways.

sarah

For all of you who are (somehow) certain TMBG never read this list ask yourself, if Moxy Fruvous read *their* list, how big of a jump is it to assume that John and John at least occasionally read theirs. Yes, I know TMBG have always been bigger than MF but you never, never who'll reply in your e-mail box tomorrow! --------------AD38AF69B7F4780919C44FDC-- ------------------------------ Message-ID: <19980809182344.12296.qmail@hotmail.com> From: "Josh Buckland" Subject: Semi-TMBG: $45 for a scetch of Them Date: Sun, 09 Aug 1998 11:23:44 PDT If anyone from the list happened to be at Paramount's Kings Dominion yesterday (Namely, any one named Todd or Gibb, I think it was) and was running the cartoon portrait thingies, in which a scetch of the Johns was for sale for $40 bucks at the least, contact me. I think I might have soken with you yesterday. Wouldn't that be a bitch. HA--HA-HA. Josh "I only have 20 bucks, why $40?" Buckland dilbert_2000@hotmail.com ICQ#: 16461969 contact me! http://profiles.yahoo.com/LeChuck__ LeChuck: "We are bound to one another." Guybrush: "Like dreadlocks?" LeChuck: "Yes, rather like that. But more like...brothers!" Guybrush: "Eh?" Lechuck: "I am your brother." Guybrush: "That's not true, that's impossible!" Lechuck: "Search your feelings, you know it to be true" Guybrush: "NOOOOOOOOOOOOO!" -- Monkey Island 2: LeChuck's Revenge ______________________________________________________ Get Your Private, Free Email at http://www.hotmail.com ------------------------------ Message-ID: <19980809182353.29536.qmail@hotmail.com> From: "Josh Buckland" Subject: Semi-TMBG: $45 for a scetch of Them Date: Sun, 09 Aug 1998 11:23:52 PDT If anyone from the list happened to be at Paramount's Kings Dominion yesterday (Namely, any one named Todd or Gibb, I think it was) and was running the cartoon portrait thingies, in which a scetch of the Johns was for sale for $40 bucks at the least, contact me. I think I might have soken with you yesterday. Wouldn't that be a bitch. HA--HA-HA. Josh "I only have 20 bucks, why $40?" Buckland dilbert_2000@hotmail.com ICQ#: 16461969 contact me! http://profiles.yahoo.com/LeChuck__ LeChuck: "We are bound to one another." Guybrush: "Like dreadlocks?" LeChuck: "Yes, rather like that. But more like...brothers!" Guybrush: "Eh?" Lechuck: "I am your brother." Guybrush: "That's not true, that's impossible!" Lechuck: "Search your feelings, you know it to be true" Guybrush: "NOOOOOOOOOOOOO!" -- Monkey Island 2: LeChuck's Revenge ______________________________________________________ Get Your Private, Free Email at http://www.hotmail.com ------------------------------ Message-Id: <3.0.1.32.19980809132848.006929c0@pop.indy.net> Date: Sun, 09 Aug 1998 13:28:48 -0400 From: rachel Subject: Re: TMBG: whistling in the dark nathan, dinnerbell@tmbg.org, wrote: >That woman must have one friggin' big forehead, in that case. > well, no, not exzactly. the lyrics refer to her "scalp" which includes all the skin on the top and back of the skull that is covered with hair. if she shaved her head she would have plenty of room to write tmbg lyrics. ;) meow, rachel....thinking of shaving her head "obsessive projects" can now be found at: http://www.geocities.com/soho/museum/5039 enjoy, (or whatever it is that you do) "i stay inside, i have no television. but i can recite edgar allan poe line for line..." ------------------------------ Message-ID: <005701bdc3ca$1ccc40c0$a4061ecf@default> From: "Green Jello" Subject: TMBG: Flansburgh!! Vote him to the top!!! Date: Sun, 9 Aug 1998 15:15:45 -0400 It's 3:10 EST on Sunday August 9th 1998. Currently the poll shows: # Person % Tally 1 Jesus Christ 29.14 262982 2 Adolf Hitler 19.08 172178 3 Eric Cartman 15.36 138617 4 Ric Flair 9.24 83470 5 Mohandas Gandhi 4.06 36716 6 Mustafa Kemal Ataturk 2.75 24906 7 John Flansburgh 2.36 21320 Please vote as many times as possible on the following page: http://www.pathfinder.com/time/time100/poc/century.html please remember that the "cookie" you need to delete is named: Cookie:anyuser@pathfinder.com/ If you are a relative newbie or you just aren't that computer literate and you use Internet Explorer on a Win95 system (I believe it's the same for Win98, too) this file is MOST LIKELY located in the directory: C:\Windows\Temporary Internet Files\ Delete it, and then you can vote again... if you don't it won't count it. Brother John Green Jello ------------------------------ From: ErgoTM@aol.com Message-ID: <9f5cb319.35ce08c6@aol.com> Date: Sun, 9 Aug 1998 16:38:29 EDT Subject: TMBG: TMBG good poll news They seemed to have accidentally erased the placings, which because we vote ridiculously often has put flansie at #4. Wooo Weeee ------------------------------ Message-ID: <35CE1CD2.9EA@stlnet.com> Date: Sun, 09 Aug 1998 16:04:07 -0600 From: Chris Lynne Subject: TMBG: Pointfest Yo. Just thought I'd share the wonderful news. TMBG are coming to Pointfest! I was listening to the radio and they mentioned all of the bands coming, and then played Snail Shell, and announced They as one of the bands. I'm really excited, but I think they only have lawn seats left. So... if any of you are thinkin' about going, let me know. It's at Riverport Ampitheater in case you didn't know. Also, if any of you were listening to the Point last night and heard some guy call in and ask about They instead of WWF tickets, which I think I might have had a chance to win, that was me. I really pissed Joe and John off. They kept asking me about WWF junk and I kept asking about TMBG. Thanks. Chris chrisl@tmbg.org ------------------------------ Message-ID: <19980809211548.12089.qmail@hotmail.com> From: "Michael Fink" Subject: Re: TMBG: person of the century Date: Sun, 09 Aug 1998 14:15:47 PDT Well, today was the first time (but not anywhere near the last time) that I voted for Flansie. A century being 100 years, I put 100 votes in today. Today was one of those days that I actually got some time in on the internet. Anyway, after the first 50 or so votes, I noticed that that Flansie's tally only went up about 3 or 4. That bothers me... i labeled everything in my cookies folder, and deleted everything that those pages put in there. Also, about halfway through my voting spree, I accidentally left the zip code box blank, and everytime after that, Flansburgh was at #4, but with 400 votes or something like that. Odd.... >I really pissed Joe and John off. They kept asking me about WWF junk and >I kept asking about TMBG. Way To Go!!!! Mike "the biggest non-WWF fan this side of the Mississippi" Fink *'*'*'*'*'*'*'*'*'*'*'*'*'*'*'*'*'*'*'*'*'*'*'*'*'*'*'*'*'*'*'*'*'*'*'*'*'*'* Boycott Microsoft http://www.vcnet.com/bms *'*'*'*'*'*'*'*'*'*'*'*'*'*'*'*'*'*'*'*'*'*'*'*'*'*'*'*'*'*'*'*'*'*'*'*'*'*'* ______________________________________________________ Get Your Private, Free Email at http://www.hotmail.com ------------------------------ Subject: TMBG: Music Self Played Pic Message-ID: <19980809.193333.19087.0.captainmarvel2@juno.com> From: captainmarvel2@juno.com (Derek A Klein) Date: Sun, 09 Aug 1998 19:34:45 EDT Hello. I remember that someone said that they wanted a "music self played" pic, but unfortunatly I lost your e-mail address. Whoever wanted it, e-mail me soon so I can send it. Derek "Egad, a base tone denotes a bad age" _____________________________________________________________________ You don't need to buy Internet access to use free Internet e-mail. Get completely free e-mail from Juno at http://www.juno.com Or call Juno at (800) 654-JUNO [654-5866] ------------------------------ End of tmbg-list Digest #9-10 *****************************