Errors-To: owner-tmbg-digest@tmbg.org Reply-To: tmbg-digest@tmbg.org Sender: owner-tmbg-digest@tmbg.org Precedence: bulk From: owner-tmbg-digest@tmbg.org To: tmbg-digest@tmbg.org Subject: tmbg-list Digest #9-17 tmbg-list Digest, Volume 9, Number 17 Monday, 17 August 1998 Today's Topics: TMBG: Re: non tmbg: barenaked ladies review TMBG: tmbg-list FAQ TMBG: What's the difference??? TMBG: Introducing... Re: TMBG: What's the difference??? Re: TMBG: Introducing... plus TMBG are GOOD! Re: TMBG: What's the difference??? TMBG: new member howdy! Re: TMBG: What's the difference??? Re: TMBG: Rolling Stones article about THEM Re: TMBG: Rolling Stones article about THEM Re: TMBG: new member howdy! non-TMBG: a question Re: non-TMBG: a question Non TMBG: Trotsky Icepick Re: TMBG: Introducing... plus TMBG are GOOD! TMBG: Vote for Flansburgh-athon TMBG: Certain People I Could Name TMBG: STD and Mrs. Doubtfire Re: TMBG: Introducing... plus TMBG are GOOD! Re: TMBG: Certain People I Could Name Re: TMBG: Introducing... plus TMBG are GOOD! Re: TMBG: Introducing... plus TMBG are GOOD! Re: TMBG: Introducing... plus TMBG are GOOD! Administrivia: If you wish to unsubscribe from this mailing send mail to tmbg-digest-request@tmbg.org for instructions on how to be automatically removed. --------------------------------------------------------------------- The views expressed herein are those of the individual authors. --------------------------------------------------------------------- tmbg-list is digested with Digest 3.5b (John Relph ). ---------------------------------------------------------------------- From: Gmcn3076@aol.com Message-ID: Date: Sun, 16 Aug 1998 02:30:18 EDT Subject: TMBG: Re: non tmbg: barenaked ladies review oh...i'm sorry, i apologize if i offended anyone with my dislike of the barenaked ladies...i was simply posting the url for a review of their latest album that i thought was well written, and did a good job of describing in words exactly why i don't enjoy their music. that, and the mention of they might be giants at the end of the review was noteworthy, i thought. okay then... geoffy ------------------------------ Date: Sun, 16 Aug 1998 03:15:00 -0400 (EDT) From: Majordomo Message-Id: <199808160715.DAA19236@ussenterprise.ufp.org> Subject: TMBG: tmbg-list FAQ *** ADMINISTRIVIA *** This notice is posted twice a month to tmbg-list and tmbg-digest, as well as sent to all new users. Please read it if you have questions about the list. The TMBG mailing list is administered by Leo Bicknell . It provides a forum for discussing They Might Be Giants and Their music. 1) Unsubscribing from the list It is easy to unsubscribe from this mailing list. If you are subscribed to the regular, or "bounce" list, send the command unsubscribe tmbg-list e-mail@address in the body of a message to . To unsubscribe from the tmbg-digest digested version of the list, send the command unsubscribe tmbg-digest e-mail@address in the body of a message to . "e-mail@address" stands for the email address that is subscribed to the list. If you are sending the command from the email account that is subscribed, this part of the command is optional. If you have problems, send mail to . 2) Subscribing to the list Follow the instructions above for unsubscribing but send the word 'subscribe' rather than unsubscribe. :-) Keep in mind that tmbg-list will send you a copy of each message as it's written, which may be a lot. tmbg-digest will send you all the messages written in a day in the middle of the night. See http://www.tmbg.org/mail-news/ for more information. 3) Sending messages to the list To send a message to the list just mail it to tmbg-list@tmbg.org and it will get sent out to everyone. Please don't mail any chain letters, make money fast schemes, "me too" messages, or anything else that doesn't contribute to the discussion about TMBG. IMPORTANT IMPORTANT IMPORTANT IMPORTANT IMPORTANT When you send a message to the list you are sending messages to hundreds of people. Make sure that your message is one that hundreds of people need to read. Do not send "me too" messages to the list. Do not send messages about non-tmbg topics to the list. Hold private conversations in private e-mail. Sending messages that the list administrator deems off topic will result in your being removed from the list. 4) The TMBG FAQ The They Might Be Giants Frequently Asked Questions list is a compilation of the most requested information about the Johns. It is maintained by John Relph . To get the latest copy of the FAQ, you can do any of the following things. First, it is available on the World Wide Web at: http://reality.sgi.com/relph/music/TMBG-FAQ.html and, for a plaintext version: http://reality.sgi.com/relph/music/TMBG-FAQ Second, it is posted regularly on the newsgroup alt.music.tmbg. Third, if you can't get to one of those places, you can mail me and I'll send you a copy. 5) The websites The unofficial web site, http://www.tmbg.org/ has all sorts of good TMBG information including information on this mailing list (http://www.tmbg.org/mail-news/) as well as pointers to where you can read the list via news. You'll also find lyrics, chords, and interpretations for many of the songs. Also try out the Official TMBG Website at: http://www.tmbg.com/ As always, thank you for your mind. *** ADMINISTRIVIA *** ------------------------------ Message-ID: <19980816074549.20965.qmail@hotmail.com> From: "Josh Buckland" Subject: TMBG: What's the difference??? Date: Sun, 16 Aug 1998 00:45:48 PDT Well, I hate to be the off-topic misfit (off-topic is anything not refering to the hatch-shell concert or STD), but I don't know a single thing about the hatch-shell concert, and I can't right now afford STD, so I won't have it for awile (boo-hoo). Ahh, 'tis depressing times. But, anyway... Does anyone know what the difference between Don't Let's Star on the Pink Album and the one on the Misc. T album??? I've listened to them both back and forth, and I just can't seem to find a difference, though it lists the MT version as being yet another mix. I'm just not hearing anything different. Josh Buckland dilbert_2000@hotmail.com ICQ#: 17262308 contact me! http://profiles.yahoo.com/LeChuck__ LeChuck: "We are bound to one another." Guybrush: "Like dreadlocks?" LeChuck: "Yes, rather like that. But more like...brothers!" Guybrush: "Eh?" Lechuck: "I am your brother." Guybrush: "That's not true, that's impossible!" Lechuck: "Search your feelings, you know it to be true" Guybrush: "NOOOOOOOOOOOOO!" -- Monkey Island 2: LeChuck's Revenge ______________________________________________________ Get Your Private, Free Email at http://www.hotmail.com ------------------------------ Date: Sun, 16 Aug 1998 01:11:32 -0700 Subject: TMBG: Introducing... Message-ID: <19980816.011132.11014.0.schadenfreude@juno.com> From: schadenfreude@juno.com (Georges St. George) Hi all, just doing the obligatory new mail list member routine...Finally got a solid email account after months of trying to figure out where to live/where not to live and deciding whether or not to pay phone bills and handling the consequences thereof. Anyways, my name is George, I'm from Corpus Christi, Texas, but recently relocated to the Los Angeles area (I say area cos I've yet to find a real place to live...nomad) I'm 19, etc. I'll cheer on the stalkers that unknowingly make something of my lithargic life... Been a TMBG fan for long enough to be kind to newbies whilst not stepping on the toes of the pretentious few that seem to know the exact time either John checks their mail or some obscure fact like that; ambiguity is bliss. Fave album is Lincoln and fave song She Was a Hotel Detective (Back to Skull version). I've yet to see them in concert due to that my previous residence was many many miles from any city that had any decent venues and I simply couldn't afford the trip... However I did learn they're playing at the House of Blues the 12th of next month, unfortunately, and this REALLY ticks me off...it's a 21+ gig... this was on their website, perhaps there is someone else in the LA area, other than me of my age that has attempted to purchase tickets and are equally distraught? Not to make any judgements on musical styles, but it's ironic that the Insane Clown Posse, Sepultura, and Anthrax are listed as all-ages shows... I'd really like to know the reasoning behind that, I know the alcohol sales would be up, but would it really be that much of a difference considering a large portion of the TMBG audience are younger than 21 (not to make them sound like they're the house band for the Barney & Friends, of course) ... someone needs to talk to the promoters...or going beserk, anyone else in for charging the gates? That's my rant for the day. Other than that, my other main favourite bands are Pulp, XTC, Suede...and well, many others... if there's anyone in the LA/So Cal area that'd like to meet up, I'm up for it, I live in Ventura Co, but moving to Orange soon... need to be delivered from the still life some how or another... please help me. Cheers! George No I don't believe in voices, cos I hear them all the time scarping tears from hardened faces with their stupid, ugly rhymes -Pulp "There's No Emotion" _____________________________________________________________________ You don't need to buy Internet access to use free Internet e-mail. Get completely free e-mail from Juno at http://www.juno.com Or call Juno at (800) 654-JUNO [654-5866] ------------------------------ Date: Sun, 16 Aug 1998 04:34:29 -0400 (EDT) From: Kevin Keeler Subject: Re: TMBG: What's the difference??? Message-ID: On Sun, 16 Aug 1998, Josh Buckland wrote: > Does anyone know what the difference between Don't Let's Star on the > Pink Album and the one on the Misc. T album??? I've listened to them the most obvious aural difference (to me, anyway) is in the drums. on the 4 rapid tom-hits that rhythmically permeate the song, the MiscT drums sound more like drums..wher on Pink theyre very drum-machine sounding. hell..they may both be drum machines...but on Misc T. theyre much fuller and lower (?) sounding. im sure there are others...but thats the one i noticed before i even realized they were different versions. thought i was crazy for a spell.... --kevin first post in *long* time. :) "air leaving slow...still breathing, tho" --the somnambulist ------------------------------ Message-Id: <199808160848.QAA12584@vector.wantree.com.au> From: "Carla Stagles" Subject: Re: TMBG: Introducing... plus TMBG are GOOD! Date: Sun, 16 Aug 1998 16:47:20 +0800 I don't know why, but i am feeling social... and trying to get out of doing work... so i'll say "Hi George!" long live the johns! oh, here is an observation (i have been sick for a week and have watched nothing but TV and TMBG bootlegs that whole time and i have had the time to make a WHOLE PILE of observations). They Might Be Giants are different from the other's in the music industry and we freaky fans love them with an intelligent passion. I often ponder why this is so... apart from Their being REALLY great! They are one of very few HONOURABLE bands... everything they do they do for the right reasons! Their clips are about Them having fun and about not destroying any imagery Their songs have set up. Their music is about making music They enjoy making. They aren't pretentious in interviews, they are even patient (if a bit sullen) with complete morons. They are just great great great :) and watching lots of TMBG equals TMBG related delirium for all you guys with fevers! i thought i WAS flansburgh for most of Wednesday night! what a ride! :D carla "and what are we gonna do unless they are?" ------------------------------ Message-Id: <3.0.2.32.19980816132650.007e1100@mail-in.keme.net> Date: Sun, 16 Aug 1998 13:26:50 +0100 From: the famous Uncle Squid Subject: Re: TMBG: What's the difference??? At 00:45 16/08/98 PDT, you wrote: >Well, I hate to be the off-topic misfit (off-topic is anything not >refering to the hatch-shell concert or STD), but I don't know a single >thing about the hatch-shell concert, and I can't right now afford STD, >so I won't have it for awile (boo-hoo). Ahh, 'tis depressing times. But, >anyway... > > Does anyone know what the difference between Don't Let's Star on the >Pink Album and the one on the Misc. T album??? I've listened to them >both back and forth, and I just can't seem to find a difference, though >it lists the MT version as being yet another mix. I'm just not hearing >anything different. > >Josh Buckland dilbert_2000@hotmail.com > ICQ#: 17262308 contact me! Josh mate, The two versions of DLS are different, they have slightly different timing from each other, the one on MT has that weird "Uhh" noise in it too. here are a few differences, you just need to listen quite closely, I always think of the MT version as the Glam Rock version.... but I'm a freak. --USQ Colin Ellesley: The eastern counties authority on Carter USM/TMBG/Bennet/The Levellers Home Page: www.keme.co.uk/~thelimes/trendsetting.html New Photo Site: www.keme.co.uk/~thelimes/cols/ <><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><> -- Quotes about Colin #1 -- "He loves carter usm so much, he probably screams out lyrics when he cums" -- Mira <><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><> ------------------------------ From: "Halsted" Subject: TMBG: new member howdy! Date: Sun, 16 Aug 1998 10:25:00 -0500 Message-ID: <000001bdc92a$08ace580$24dd0fd0@halsted.scott.net> oh dear, I've been reading the newsgroup for a few days now and haven't introduced myself. well, here goes. I'm a human, and I like tmbg. a whole lot. enough to make me join a mailing list, which is a whoooooole lot. I've liked tmbg ever since I heard "ana ng" on a mixtape someone made for me. now people are bugging me to get into moxy fruvous, too. I might. mostly I'm just happy liking tmbg. feel free to talk at me about moxy fruvous (suggestions for albums I might like since I like tmbg) or just direct me to places on the web where I can get that info. I also got my (first ever) tmbg newsletter in snailmail yesterday. crazy. I'm excited about pieces of paper. how goofy! thanks for being out there and posting cool stuff. I'm reading. _halsted._ -- 'there is no time for metaphors,' cried the little pill to me he said, 'life is a placebo, masquerading as a simile' they might be giants, "lie still, little bottle" (halsted@tmbg.org) ------------------------------ Message-ID: <19980816162555.11892.qmail@hotmail.com> From: "Jason Fickley" Subject: Re: TMBG: What's the difference??? Date: Sun, 16 Aug 1998 09:25:54 PDT >Well, I hate to be the off-topic misfit (off-topic is anything not >refering to the hatch-shell concert or STD) excuse me, but...WHAT?!?!? Says who? > Does anyone know what the difference between Don't Let's Star on the >Pink Album and the one on the Misc. T album??? I've listened to them >both back and forth, and I just can't seem to find a difference, Well, it seemes to me that the keyboard is different in the very beginning and from memory I seem to remember the music during the "I don't want to live..." part being a little different. I may be totally wrong, though, as these are both from memory alone. --Jason-- "Hot Cha, where are you? Everybody's eyes are closed." -They Might Be Giants "As a lizard stalks a helpless creature on TV music underscores the tragedy" -They Might Be Giants ______________________________________________________ Get Your Private, Free Email at http://www.hotmail.com ------------------------------ Message-ID: <19980816163251.4300.qmail@hotmail.com> From: "Jason Fickley" Subject: Re: TMBG: Rolling Stones article about THEM Date: Sun, 16 Aug 1998 09:32:50 PDT >Here's an article with Flansy discussing their new album. It even mention >the People surveys and how we voted Linnell to them. Go check it out: http://www.rollingstone.com/sections/news/text/newsarticle.asp?afl=rsn&NewsID=5258&ArtistID=31&origin=news?afl=mail2 Pardon me, but where at this link does it mention TMBG? --Jason, who just wants to read the article-- "Hot Cha, where are you? Everybody's eyes are closed." -They Might Be Giants "As a lizard stalks a helpless creature on TV music underscores the tragedy" -They Might Be Giants ______________________________________________________ Get Your Private, Free Email at http://www.hotmail.com ------------------------------ Message-ID: <19980816164858.15000.qmail@hotmail.com> From: "Jason Fickley" Subject: Re: TMBG: Rolling Stones article about THEM Date: Sun, 16 Aug 1998 09:48:58 PDT >>Here's an article with Flansy discussing their new album. It even >mention >>the People surveys and how we voted Linnell to them. Go check it out: > >http://www.rollingstone.com/sections/news/text/newsarticle.asp?afl=rsn&NewsID=5258&ArtistID=31&origin=news?afl=mail2 > >Pardon me, but where at this link does it mention TMBG? hmmm...after going to this link again, the TMBG article came up...but the first three times I tried it, a Wyclef Jean article came up, I swear...I must be going crazy...many apologies... --Jason-- "Hot Cha, where are you? Everybody's eyes are closed." -They Might Be Giants "As a lizard stalks a helpless creature on TV music underscores the tragedy" -They Might Be Giants ______________________________________________________ Get Your Private, Free Email at http://www.hotmail.com ------------------------------ Message-ID: <19980816165549.22309.qmail@hotmail.com> From: "VoVat Quetzalcoatlus" Subject: Re: TMBG: new member howdy! Date: Sun, 16 Aug 1998 09:55:48 PDT >I'm a human, and I like tmbg. A human? Who let one of THEM onto the list? -- Nathan DinnerBell@tmbg.org http://www.geocities.com/Area51/Corridor/5447/ "The puffin sipped at his herbal tea and sighed, 'You can't get the buttons these days.'" ______________________________________________________ Get Your Private, Free Email at http://www.hotmail.com ------------------------------ From: ErgoTM@aol.com Message-ID: <5c6d7459.35d722a4@aol.com> Date: Sun, 16 Aug 1998 14:19:15 EDT Subject: non-TMBG: a question As a TMBG fan what moxy fruvous album do you think I would like the best? also I think I have posted this before but, has anyone heard of the band Daniel Amos? Also I am bored and have nothing better to do than post this stupid thing. Jeff "Can't think of anything now, maybe after some caffeine." Craig ------------------------------ From: OPERCMM@RoseVC.Rose-Hulman.Edu Date: Sun, 16 Aug 1998 14:07:03 -0500 (EST) Subject: Re: non-TMBG: a question Message-id: <01J0OA77LGWY8ZLDEM@RoseVC.Rose-Hulman.Edu> > As a TMBG fan what moxy fruvous album do you think I would like the best? Well, I'd recommend Live Noise to anyone who hasn't heard Fruvous before. Why you ask? 1) Widely distributed, so it should be easiest to find 2) Live album that very well represents many elements of the Moxy Fruvous live show, which is their strength. 3) Good mix of songs/banter/improvs that will introduce you to what makes up Moxy Fruvous For more Moxy Fruvous information that you could ever care to peruse, check out http://www.fruvous.com. It is incredibly up to date and complete in its information. The band is in constant contact with the maintainer of the site and the Tour Dates page is as up to date as the band is, sometimes even including directions and stuff to shows. I also recommend cehcking out the Tour Dates page to see if they are in your town. You don't get the full Fruvous experience until you've seen a show. And I'm not even gonna compare Live Noise to STD. The albums, though both touted as "live", serve different purposes. But I will point out that Live Noise is close to the 70 minute mark, almost completely filling the CD. - Chad ------------------------------ From: gray42@juno.com Date: Sun, 16 Aug 1998 15:40:10 -0400 Subject: Non TMBG: Trotsky Icepick Message-ID: <19980816.154034.6454.0.gray42@juno.com> Is anyone here familiar with the group Trotsky Icepick. I felkl in love with them for the same reason that I fell in love with TMBG, because my sister introduced me to both. Well, for some reason, it's fairly hard to find there music unless you order it. And there's a particular album I'm looking for, I remeber that it had a pink cover, and a song about throwing someone down the stairs or something. It of course is my favorite Trotsky Icepick album, and I can't order it unless I know the name of it. I know that what I said is not much to work with, but I was interested if anyone else has heard about this group, and if anyone could help me out. Mysterio Gal (whose wanting those funky peas in 97') "I'm Dave Kendal." "I'm John Kendall..." "And I'm MC Search!" --Dave, John &John on 120 min. ICQ# 9585405 MST3K#88182 gray42@juno.com http://www.geocities.com/SoHo/Coffeehouse/4871 The Official Project Omicrom website: www.geocities.com/SoHo/Square/9007 _____________________________________________________________________ You don't need to buy Internet access to use free Internet e-mail. Get completely free e-mail from Juno at http://www.juno.com Or call Juno at (800) 654-JUNO [654-5866] ------------------------------ From: tmbgirl@juno.com Date: Sun, 16 Aug 1998 14:05:01 -0600 Subject: Re: TMBG: Introducing... plus TMBG are GOOD! Message-ID: <19980816.140855.14310.5.TMBgirl@juno.com> everything they do they >do for >the right reasons! >Their clips are about Them having fun and about not destroying any >imagery >Their songs have set up. Their music is about making music They enjoy >making. They aren't pretentious in interviews, they are even patient >(if a >bit sullen) with complete morons. They are just great great great :) hmm... i used to feel that way... i mean in all the interviews that are pre-96-FS tour they'd always claim that they 'play rock music for the love of it' and then come the FS tour it was like "yeah well we gotta pay the bills." i guess i just feel like they're not at the same place they were when they started... and honestly i don't think they'll ever have a hit song if that's all they're focused on. maybe that's why i feel like mono puff is more likely to have a "hit" song in the next few years. flans seems to be using mono puff as a way to write songs (and cover songs) that he really likes. it's not all about being #1... it's just there cuz he enjoys it. take it easy, JOrdaN, making no sense whatsoever. http://www2.netcom.com/~arnot/joda/bootlegs.html http://members.tripod.com/~tmbgirl/index.html _____________________________________________________________________ You don't need to buy Internet access to use free Internet e-mail. Get completely free e-mail from Juno at http://www.juno.com Or call Juno at (800) 654-JUNO [654-5866] ------------------------------ Message-ID: <19980817020549.5835.rocketmail@send102.yahoomail.com> Date: Sun, 16 Aug 1998 19:05:49 -0700 (PDT) From: Khris Tyler Subject: TMBG: Vote for Flansburgh-athon I've voted for Flansburgh 100 times now and next summer me and my friend are have the vote for flansburgh-athon in which we vote for flansburgh all night. Please DO YOUR PART!!!! Eric Cartman will perish LONG LIVE FLANSBURGH -A Concerned Voter _________________________________________________________ DO YOU YAHOO!? Get your free @yahoo.com address at http://mail.yahoo.com ------------------------------ Message-ID: <35D7A2DA.2C04C0E2@garnet.acns.fsu.edu> Date: Sun, 16 Aug 1998 23:26:19 -0400 From: Emmanuel Donio Subject: TMBG: Certain People I Could Name This will be quick so as not to diffuse the interest of whoever is reading this...both of you. Anyway, my modem is slow and so the Quicktime 3 streaming thing goes really slow, and I'm too cheap to poney up the dough for the ugrade to save the dial up songs, and yet I want to listen to "Certain People." If anyone knows where I can get a .wav file of it, I would be most appreciative. Let me know. Oh, and does anyone know who sings that song with the lyric "I'm a picture I am holding of someone who is cool?" If so, drop a line. Later. Manny ------------------------------ Message-Id: <3.0.5.16.19980816225053.3617f024@martin.luther.edu> Date: Sun, 16 Aug 1998 22:50:53 From: ***Tarnished Silence*** Subject: TMBG: STD and Mrs. Doubtfire Now, someone slap me with a 2x4 if the list has hit this one already, but has anyone else noticed that the name "Severe Tire Damage" was the name of the band in Mrs. Doubtfire? It's where Robin Williams is pretending to be all of these crazy housekeepers calling up his ex-wife for the job interview. The first one he does says her former employer was a band, Severe Tire Damage. Has anyone else caught this? (Not like it'll make your life easier or put hair on your chest or anything.) Nathan 210 Nathan Pralle prallena@luther.edu http://pralle.home.ml.org http://tfb-web.home.ml.org ------------------------------ Message-Id: <199808170400.MAA04275@vector.wantree.com.au> From: "Carla Stagles" Subject: Re: TMBG: Introducing... plus TMBG are GOOD! Date: Mon, 17 Aug 1998 11:59:27 +0800 > > everything They do they > >do for > >the right reasons! > hmm... i used to feel that way... i mean in all the interviews that are > pre-96-FS tour they'd always claim that they 'play rock music for the > love of it' and then come the FS tour it was like "yeah well we gotta pay > the bills." i guess i just feel like they're not at the same place they > were when they started... and honestly i don't think they'll ever have a > hit song if that's all they're focused on. > > maybe that's why i feel like mono puff is more likely to have a "hit" > song in the next few years. would that make Linnell the perpetrator of the Bill Paying mentallity, then? ------------------------------ From: KdsInThHal@aol.com Message-ID: <59b19e2d.35d7aece@aol.com> Date: Mon, 17 Aug 1998 00:17:17 EDT Subject: Re: TMBG: Certain People I Could Name In a message dated 8/16/98 11:48:19 PM Eastern Daylight Time, edd1981@garnet.acns.fsu.edu writes: << Oh, and does anyone know who sings that song with the lyric "I'm a picture I am holding of someone who is cool?" If so, drop a line. Later. >> yah-hah! [the] odds. buy all of their cd's. sarah ------------------------------ From: tmbgirl@juno.com Date: Sun, 16 Aug 1998 22:35:02 -0600 Subject: Re: TMBG: Introducing... plus TMBG are GOOD! Message-ID: <19980816.223524.14310.11.TMBgirl@juno.com> > >would that make Linnell the perpetrator of the Bill Paying mentallity, >then? > absolutely not!! i just think there is a lot of pressure on the band as a whole... that's why flans branched out... so he could explore... (my $.03) take it easy, JOrdaN http://www2.netcom.com/~arnot/joda/bootlegs.html http://members.tripod.com/~tmbgirl/index.html _____________________________________________________________________ You don't need to buy Internet access to use free Internet e-mail. Get completely free e-mail from Juno at http://www.juno.com Or call Juno at (800) 654-JUNO [654-5866] ------------------------------ Message-Id: <199808170445.MAA15910@vector.wantree.com.au> From: "Carla Stagles" Subject: Re: TMBG: Introducing... plus TMBG are GOOD! Date: Mon, 17 Aug 1998 12:44:00 +0800 > >would that make Linnell the perpetrator of the Bill Paying mentallity, > >then? > > > > absolutely not!! i just think there is a lot of pressure on the band as > a whole... that's why flans branched out... so he could explore... (my > $.03) phew! that's a relief. i was worried for a second there :) still pondering the ever elusive secrets of Their group dynamics, carla ------------------------------ From: tmbgirl@uo.com Date: Sun, 16 Aug 1998 23:02:44 -0600 Subject: Re: TMBG: Introducing... plus TMBG are GOOD! Message-ID: <19980816.230248.14310.14.TMBgirl@juno.com> >still pondering the ever elusive secrets of Their group dynamics, >carla "We like playing fun rock music, for the love of it. We only pretend to have a plan for world domination." ---Flansburgh '88 anyways... i just e-mailed Alf, a DJ at KTCL, requesting something like x-ray spex (did you know poly styrene is gonna be on bush's next album?!) and at the end i was like "i got an STD from TMBG" anyways... he replied with the fact that they are, after all, the big steamy thing. it amused me. it's late. i'm tired... take it easy, JOrdaN " I think the biggest problem people have with the band is the idea that our actions are somehow motivated by any perception of the outside world. We're the most self-unaware, uniformed individuals that you could magine." ---Flansburgh _____________________________________________________________________ You don't need to buy Internet access to use free Internet e-mail. Get completely free e-mail from Juno at http://www.juno.com Or call Juno at (800) 654-JUNO [654-5866] ------------------------------ End of tmbg-list Digest #9-17 *****************************