Errors-To: owner-tmbg-digest@tmbg.org Reply-To: tmbg-digest@tmbg.org Sender: owner-tmbg-digest@tmbg.org Precedence: bulk From: owner-tmbg-digest@tmbg.org To: tmbg-digest@tmbg.org Subject: tmbg-list Digest #9-19 tmbg-list Digest, Volume 9, Number 19 Wednesday, 19 August 1998 Today's Topics: Re: TMBG: TMBG on CDNOW Re: TMBG: Dr. Worm & the movie (again) TMBG: Then TMBG: So Cal fan under 21 TMBG: So Cal fan under 21 TMBG: Two questions 2 think about TMBG: Dr. Worm & the movie (again) TMBG: Non TMBG Introducing Part II...or... plugging not to plug Re: TMBG: Dr. Worm & the movie (again) Re: TMBG: Dr. Worm & the movie (again) Re: TMBG: Dr. Worm & the movie (again) Re: TMBG: Then and DLS Re: TMBG: Dr. Worm & the movie (again) TMBG: the movie TMBG: TMBG on DVD or TMBDVD Re: TMBG: Dr. Worm & the movie (again) Re: TMBG: Dr. Worm & the movie (again) TMBG: The Linnell Fund Re: TMBG: The Linnell Fund Re: TMBG: The Linnell Fund TMBG: The Linnell Fund Re: TMBG: The Linnell Fund Re: TMBG: The Linnell Fund Re: TMBG: The Linnell Fund Re: NON-TMBG: The Linnell Fund TMBG: German tours? Re: NON-TMBG: Microsoft TMBG: Guessing up ideas for a Dr. Worm single.... Re: TMBG: Guessing up ideas for a Dr. Worm single.... Re: TMBG: Guessing up ideas for a Dr. Worm single.... Re: TMBG: German tours? Re: TMBG: Guessing up ideas for a Dr. Worm single.... Re: TMBG: Dr. Worm & the movie (again) Re: completely non-TMBG: Microsoft, the evil empire? Re: (non?)TMBG: The Linnell Fund Re: TMBG: Guessing up ideas for a Dr. Worm single.... TMBG: wtdss? Re: TMBG: wtdss? Re: TMBG: Then Re: TMBG: wtdss? Re: TMBG: Guessing up ideas for a Dr. Worm single.... Re: TMBG: Guessing up ideas for a Dr. Worm single.... TMBG: Something kind of cool... Re: TMBG: Guessing up ideas for a Dr. Worm single.... Re: TMBG: Guessing up ideas for a Dr. Worm single.... Re: TMBG: Two questions 2 think about TMBG: M2/tmbg videos (Non?)TMBG:The Linnell Fund Re: Non TMBG: Pete and Pete Re: TMBG: Then Re: TMBG: wtdss? Re: TMBG: Human Sacrafice (was: Guessing up ideas for a Dr. Administrivia: If you wish to unsubscribe from this mailing send mail to tmbg-digest-request@tmbg.org for instructions on how to be automatically removed. --------------------------------------------------------------------- The views expressed herein are those of the individual authors. --------------------------------------------------------------------- tmbg-list is digested with Digest 3.5b (John Relph ). ---------------------------------------------------------------------- From: gray42@juno.com Date: Tue, 18 Aug 1998 02:20:39 -0400 Subject: Re: TMBG: TMBG on CDNOW Message-ID: <19980818.022127.9462.2.gray42@juno.com> On Tue, 18 Aug 1998 00:46:42 EDT Spoonerism@aol.com writes: It also had this little review.... >" >The wry wit and high intellectualism will grow on you once you get >past John >Flansburg's nasally, whiney voice that dares you to hate him. What The Fudge?!?! I've always considered Linnell the nasal of the two (nasal rocks), and Flansie to be light and airy, not whiny! This person does not know his/her Johns, hmmmph >:( Mysterio Gal (fellow Overman) "There's only 120 minutes to the show, and only 120 minutes left to go. Then we die, then we die." -- John &John on 120 min. ICQ# 9585405 MST3K#88182 gray42@juno.com http://www.geocities.com/SoHo/Coffeehouse/4871 The Official Project Omicrom website: www.geocities.com/SoHo/Square/9007 > >-CAsey > _____________________________________________________________________ You don't need to buy Internet access to use free Internet e-mail. Get completely free e-mail from Juno at http://www.juno.com Or call Juno at (800) 654-JUNO [654-5866] ------------------------------ From: gray42@juno.com Date: Tue, 18 Aug 1998 02:08:33 -0400 Subject: Re: TMBG: Dr. Worm & the movie (again) Message-ID: <19980818.022127.9462.1.gray42@juno.com> On Mon, 17 Aug 1998 17:45:21 PDT "Jason Fickley" writes: > >Also, if there was a TMBG movie and David Spade didn't play Linnell, >it >would be a tragedy. (what brought this up, you ask? Tommy Boy on tv) > And Elvis Costello would have to play Flansie!!!! Awwwww Yeah!!!! Mysterio Gal (whose been thinking of duos, and how they relate to John and John, hmmm, Ren and Stimpy, Beavis and Butthead, Jared and Billy, Conan and Andy, Beeker and Buncen, Bert and Ernie...) "There's only 120 minutes to the show, and only 120 minutes left to go. Then we die, then we die." -- John &John on 120 min. ICQ# 9585405 MST3K#88182 gray42@juno.com http://www.geocities.com/SoHo/Coffeehouse/4871 The Official Project Omicrom website: www.geocities.com/SoHo/Square/9007 > >--Jason-- > >"Hot Cha, where are you? Everybody's eyes are closed." > -They Might Be Giants > >"As a lizard stalks a helpless creature on TV music underscores the >tragedy" > -They Might Be Giants > > >______________________________________________________ >Get Your Private, Free Email at http://www.hotmail.com > _____________________________________________________________________ You don't need to buy Internet access to use free Internet e-mail. Get completely free e-mail from Juno at http://www.juno.com Or call Juno at (800) 654-JUNO [654-5866] ------------------------------ From: gray42@juno.com Date: Tue, 18 Aug 1998 01:49:41 -0400 Subject: TMBG: Then Message-ID: <19980818.022126.9462.0.gray42@juno.com> Ok, let's get this straight. I used to have Lincoln, and I used to have a bootleg copy of the Pink Album, and I have Then, and I think I once heard the DLS EP, which is from a time so long ago that I barely remeber it. Just like Then contained every Pink album song available on my bootleg tape, I also assumed that it also contained all the Misc T songs, and therefore assumed the demo version of DLS was the song Josh and Mike were talking about, is there a version of DLS I've never heard because I don't have the Misc T album? Are there any other songs on that album not included? I'm just slightly confused right now. It's 1:45 A.M, I just watched 12 Monkeys, and most of the TMBG bootleg vidio vol. 1, so hopefully you'll pardon my inabillity to read ;}. These questions may have been previously answered, but I'm thick right now, and need reconfirmation. Mysterio Gal (Gawd! I feel a Migrane commin' on :(-) "I'm Dave Kendal." "I'm John Kendall..." "And I'm MC Search!" --Dave, John &John on 120 min. ICQ# 9585405 MST3K#88182 gray42@juno.com http://www.geocities.com/SoHo/Coffeehouse/4871 The Official Project Omicrom website: www.geocities.com/SoHo/Square/9007 _____________________________________________________________________ You don't need to buy Internet access to use free Internet e-mail. Get completely free e-mail from Juno at http://www.juno.com Or call Juno at (800) 654-JUNO [654-5866] ------------------------------ Message-Id: <199808180638.XAA15396@theta2.ben2.ucla.edu> From: "Josh Morgan" Subject: TMBG: So Cal fan under 21 Date: Mon, 17 Aug 1998 23:39:28 -0700 <> However I did learn they're playing at the House of Blues the 12th of next month, unfortunately, and this REALLY ticks me off...it's a 21+ gig... if there's anyone in the LA/So Cal area that'd like to meet up, I'm up for it, I live in Ventura Co, but moving to Orange soon... need to be delivered from the still life some how or another... please help me. Cheers! George>> Hey, George, i'm in the same boat... i live in Ventura, am under 21, and in desperate need of a fake ID... maybe there's a TMBGod that can help us if we pray hard enough... Joshua M. Eiseneier ------------------------------ Message-Id: <199808180639.XAA19522@theta2.ben2.ucla.edu> From: "Josh Morgan" Subject: TMBG: So Cal fan under 21 Date: Mon, 17 Aug 1998 23:39:28 -0700 <> However I did learn they're playing at the House of Blues the 12th of next month, unfortunately, and this REALLY ticks me off...it's a 21+ gig... if there's anyone in the LA/So Cal area that'd like to meet up, I'm up for it, I live in Ventura Co, but moving to Orange soon... need to be delivered from the still life some how or another... please help me. Cheers! George>> Hey, George, i'm in the same boat... i live in Ventura, am under 21, and in desperate need of a fake ID... maybe there's a TMBGod that can help us if we pray hard enough... Joshua M. Eiseneier ------------------------------ From: gray42@juno.com Date: Tue, 18 Aug 1998 02:35:53 -0400 Subject: TMBG: Two questions 2 think about Message-ID: <19980818.023704.9462.3.gray42@juno.com> (1) What's with Flansie and his pipe? What is the subliminal statement behind it? Does it have to do with his plan for world domination? (2) Has anyone noticed the striking resemblence between Linnell and "Big Pete" from "Pete and Pete" that aired on Nickelodeon. And if you don't know about "Pete and Pete", what rock have you been under? :) Hmmm, as a matter of fact... Oh My GAWD!, that's SOOOO perfect... John & John = Pete and Pete (though Arnie (the strongest man in the world) would make a darn good Flansie), well you got yer movie right there. GoD, this is almost scary, I'll stop now 8D Mysterio Gal (who now wants to go to her old show vidio archive and watch some early episodes of Pete and Pete) "There's only 120 minutes to the show, and only 120 minutes left to go. Then we die, then we die." -- John &John on 120 min. ICQ# 9585405 MST3K#88182 gray42@juno.com http://www.geocities.com/SoHo/Coffeehouse/4871 The Official Project Omicrom website: www.geocities.com/SoHo/Square/9007 _____________________________________________________________________ You don't need to buy Internet access to use free Internet e-mail. Get completely free e-mail from Juno at http://www.juno.com Or call Juno at (800) 654-JUNO [654-5866] ------------------------------ Message-Id: <199808180705.CAA24281@stan.lcc.net> From: "Kris Maxwell" Date: Tue, 18 Aug 1998 02:07:35 -0500 Subject: TMBG: Dr. Worm & the movie (again) Josh, I've never been a big Harry Connick, JR fan, but when i saw him on letterman looking almost exactly like a dumber Linnell, i realized that there was something he was good for. I think that he should play Linnell's evil twin, like with a goatee and all. And he takes over linnells place, and hilarity ensues.... its late, but i just wanted to agree with you that "that guy from hope floats" really can looks a lot like linnell. The D ------------------------------ Date: Tue, 18 Aug 1998 00:21:54 -0700 Subject: TMBG: Non TMBG Introducing Part II...or... plugging not to plug Message-ID: <19980818.002154.6350.0.schadenfreude@juno.com> From: schadenfreude@juno.com (Georges St. George) Just for a further insight in the boredom that consists for a major portion of my life, if anyone wanted to know who did the Frenzy Flush award on the www.tmbg.org awards page... and has tried to apply for it in the lasty 8-gazillion years and never got a reply, that's probably cos our email addresses have changed, it was a joint effort between my friend, John, and I, when we were a 'band'... I'll modestly take credit for the creation of the entire thing (Oh, I know, a major technological feat...), tho John did most of the the publicising... but anyways... if you feel ignored go ahead and rip it off (if you haven't already)... Cheers! George Visit My SO WHAT Life http://mysowhatlife.home.ml.org _____________________________________________________________________ You don't need to buy Internet access to use free Internet e-mail. Get completely free e-mail from Juno at http://www.juno.com Or call Juno at (800) 654-JUNO [654-5866] ------------------------------ Message-ID: <19980818024036.25226.qmail@hotmail.com> From: "Jason Fickley" Subject: Re: TMBG: Dr. Worm & the movie (again) Date: Mon, 17 Aug 1998 19:40:35 PDT >oh that hurts... how many times has the "if their lives were a movie who >should play them" thread come up and every time i said david spade should >play linny... but no... no one cares. :P hey now...I didn't claim to be the first to suggest this, merely reiterating the fact, I guess...just picture Spade with dyed hair singing "The statue got me hiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiigh"...that's about as close to Linnell as you're gonna get. --Jason-- "Hot Cha, where are you? Everybody's eyes are closed." -They Might Be Giants "As a lizard stalks a helpless creature on TV music underscores the tragedy" -They Might Be Giants ______________________________________________________ Get Your Private, Free Email at http://www.hotmail.com ------------------------------ Message-Id: <199808181332.VAA06194@vector.wantree.com.au> From: "Carla Stagles" Subject: Re: TMBG: Dr. Worm & the movie (again) Date: Tue, 18 Aug 1998 21:31:16 +0800 > just picture Spade with dyed hair > singing "The statue got me hiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiigh"...that's about as > close to Linnell as you're gonna get. here here! it's official, now let's write a script, get a production house, cast this bastard and make a million And of course... soundtrack by TMBG! carla "is he reminding you of anyone we know?" ------------------------------ Date: Tue, 18 Aug 1998 08:11:48 -0600 (MDT) From: J Kuemmerle Subject: Re: TMBG: Dr. Worm & the movie (again) Message-ID: On Tue, 18 Aug 1998 gray42@juno.com wrote: > > Also, if there was a TMBG movie and David Spade didn't play Linnell, > > it would be a tragedy. (what brought this up, you ask? Tommy Boy on > > tv) > > > And Elvis Costello would have to play Flansie!!!! Awwwww Yeah!!!! imho, i think they should find two relative unknowns to play the johns, people we've never heard of, and let the TMBG movie turn them into stars! also, i can definitely see the elvis/flans and spade/linnell resemblances, but can david spade act nice enough to play linnell? also, what about harold ramis? > Mysterio Gal (whose been thinking of duos, and how they relate to John > and John, hmmm, Ren and Stimpy, Beavis and Butthead, Jared and Billy, > Conan and Andy, Beeker and Buncen, Bert and Ernie...) rosencrantz and guildenstern; wayne and garth; bill and ted; fred and ginger; duke ellington and billy strayhorn; hepburn and tracy; batman and robin; bob, carol, ted, and alice.... --jim kuemmerle, who should probably stop with that. j.kuemmerle@m.cc.utah.edu http://www.geocities.com/soho/gallery/4668/ ------------------------------ Date: Tue, 18 Aug 1998 11:23:08 -0400 (EDT) From: "mike@journalx.com" Subject: Re: TMBG: Then and DLS Message-ID: OK, let's clear this up for once and for all. The recent conversations about the various mixes of DLS have EXCLUDED discussion of the 1985 demo version. This demo version does appear on the bonus track section of THEN but is not part of this discussion. The original question posed was in regards to the differences between the mix of DLS available on the pink album, and the mix of DLS credited as the single mix which was released as an EP and then on Miscellaneous T. You'll note that if you place the pink album and Misc. T side by side, and look at the track listings, you will find that the pink album contains Don't Let's Start, and Misc. T contains Don't Let's Start - single mix. Then: The Earlier Years is supposed to contain every song from the pink album, Lincoln and Misc. T. but of course if this were the case, there would be THREE versions of DLS in this box set, but instead there are only two. One of them is the 1985 demo version, and the other is simply credited as DLS with no mention of whether or not it is the single mix. In this circumstance, we must then assume that this version of DLS, placed in its proper position within the running order of the pink album on Then, is either the original album mix or the single mix. As it happens, it is in fact the single mix from Misc. T, masquerading as the original album version. As a result, this box set does NOT contain the original album mix of Don't Let's Start. Once again, the 1985 demo version does NOT figure into this discussion as far as what mixes are being compared. This comparison is between the original album mix and the single mix. I hope that clears this up. MIKe ------------------------------ From: tmbgirl@juno.com Date: Tue, 18 Aug 1998 11:15:18 -0600 Subject: Re: TMBG: Dr. Worm & the movie (again) Message-ID: <19980818.111639.11094.3.TMBgirl@juno.com> >also, i can definitely see the elvis/flans and spade/linnell >resemblances, >but can david spade act nice enough to play linnell? yes!! he's a really sweet guy. in fact i have a bunch of interviews where he's just like "you need a catch phrase or attitude (he's is the mean, witty one) to get you noticed and then you spend the rest of your career trying to get away from that" anyways i think he'd be more than willing to play a role where he's a nice guy :) take it easy, JOrdaN http://www2.netcom.com/~arnot/joda/bootlegs.html http://members.tripod.com/~tmbgirl/index.html _____________________________________________________________________ You don't need to buy Internet access to use free Internet e-mail. Get completely free e-mail from Juno at http://www.juno.com Or call Juno at (800) 654-JUNO [654-5866] ------------------------------ From: gray42@juno.com Date: Tue, 18 Aug 1998 13:14:16 -0400 Subject: TMBG: the movie Message-ID: <19980818.131434.10166.0.gray42@juno.com> For the person suggesting the two unknowns (sorry I lost the e-mail), how about the two guys that my parents saw when they went to the local bar who claimed that the men look JUST LIKE John and John, they also mentioned Devo quite a bit in their descriptions. Wow, a cuople people look like John who live near me, how wild :) I just wish I coul've seen them with my own eyes. Mysterio Gal (who thinks she looks like a mix of Bjork, Enya, and Sinead O' Conner) "There's only 120 minutes to the show, and only 120 minutes left to go. Then we die, then we die." -- John &John on 120 min. ICQ# 9585405 MST3K#88182 gray42@juno.com http://www.geocities.com/SoHo/Coffeehouse/4871 The Official Project Omicrom website: www.geocities.com/SoHo/Square/9007 _____________________________________________________________________ You don't need to buy Internet access to use free Internet e-mail. Get completely free e-mail from Juno at http://www.juno.com Or call Juno at (800) 654-JUNO [654-5866] ------------------------------ Message-Id: Date: Tue, 18 Aug 1998 12:22:25 -0500 From: The Pope Subject: TMBG: TMBG on DVD or TMBDVD I don't know if this has been mentioned before since I've deleted most of my emails. Anyway, there will be a new DVD coming out with all the TMBG videos on it including the Dr. Worm movie. I definitely will be purchasing this. Jason "If this was already stated then ignore" Arnold ------------------------------ Message-ID: <19980818181156.2761.qmail@hotmail.com> From: "Josh Buckland" Subject: Re: TMBG: Dr. Worm & the movie (again) Date: Tue, 18 Aug 1998 11:11:55 PDT >harold ramis? > Harold Ramis for what???? He may have looked good in Ghostbuster, but I saw him interviewed for directing Multiplicity, and he's a big 'ol tub now. The guys a Chris Farly! A John Candy! A Roy Orbison (only bigger)! Well, I'm off to spread more insight. Josh Buckland dilbert_2000@hotmail.com ICQ#: 17262308 contact me! http://profiles.yahoo.com/LeChuck__ LeChuck: "We are bound to one another." Guybrush: "Like dreadlocks?" LeChuck: "Yes, rather like that. But more like...brothers!" Guybrush: "Eh?" Lechuck: "I am your brother." Guybrush: "That's not true, that's impossible!" Lechuck: "Search your feelings, you know it to be true" Guybrush: "NOOOOOOOOOOOOO!" -- Monkey Island 2: LeChuck's Revenge ______________________________________________________ Get Your Private, Free Email at http://www.hotmail.com ------------------------------ Message-ID: <19980818181206.28029.qmail@hotmail.com> From: "Josh Buckland" Subject: Re: TMBG: Dr. Worm & the movie (again) Date: Tue, 18 Aug 1998 11:12:04 PDT >harold ramis? > Harold Ramis for what???? He may have looked good in Ghostbusters, but I saw him interviewed for directing Multiplicity, and he's a big 'ol tub now. The guys a Chris Farly! A John Candy! A Roy Orbison (only bigger)! Well, I'm off to spread more insight. Josh Buckland dilbert_2000@hotmail.com ICQ#: 17262308 contact me! http://profiles.yahoo.com/LeChuck__ LeChuck: "We are bound to one another." Guybrush: "Like dreadlocks?" LeChuck: "Yes, rather like that. But more like...brothers!" Guybrush: "Eh?" Lechuck: "I am your brother." Guybrush: "That's not true, that's impossible!" Lechuck: "Search your feelings, you know it to be true" Guybrush: "NOOOOOOOOOOOOO!" -- Monkey Island 2: LeChuck's Revenge ______________________________________________________ Get Your Private, Free Email at http://www.hotmail.com ------------------------------ Message-ID: <19980818183200.12866.qmail@hotmail.com> From: "Josh Buckland" Subject: TMBG: The Linnell Fund Date: Tue, 18 Aug 1998 11:31:59 PDT It has come to my attention the our good mate John Linnell uses... a... MAC!!! I've had thoughts of somehow collecting money to buy the good man a PC. but first, we'd have to find a way to contact a manager, agent, family member, etc., etc., etc... If there is any possible, I would like to see this happen. There is no more fan apreciation than buying that special celebrity a computer. I'm sure he'd find a PC a hell of alot better than a crummy old Mac... So, give me your thoughts, there HAS to be someway to make this thing happen! I mean, think about it! My library has phone books from all over America, and I think I've seen a Brooklyn book. Maybe he has a listed relative. I'd just have to make a few expinsive collect calls... Oh, yeah! One more thing... Why not let John and John do the movie casting? who better to know the Johns, than the Johns??? Josh Buckland dilbert_2000@hotmail.com ICQ#: 17262308 contact me! http://profiles.yahoo.com/LeChuck__ LeChuck: "We are bound to one another." Guybrush: "Like dreadlocks?" LeChuck: "Yes, rather like that. But more like...brothers!" Guybrush: "Eh?" Lechuck: "I am your brother." Guybrush: "That's not true, that's impossible!" Lechuck: "Search your feelings, you know it to be true" Guybrush: "NOOOOOOOOOOOOO!" -- Monkey Island 2: LeChuck's Revenge ______________________________________________________ Get Your Private, Free Email at http://www.hotmail.com ------------------------------ Message-Id: Date: Tue, 18 Aug 1998 13:49:15 -0500 From: The Pope Subject: Re: TMBG: The Linnell Fund At 1:31 PM -0500 8/18/98, Josh Buckland wrote: >It has come to my attention the our good mate John Linnell uses... a... >MAC!!! I've had thoughts of somehow collecting money to buy the good man >a PC. but first, we'd have to find a way to contact a manager, agent, >family member, etc., etc., etc... If there is any possible, I would like >to see this happen. There is no more fan apreciation than buying that >special celebrity a computer. I'm sure he'd find a PC a hell of alot >better than a crummy old Mac Don't make me beat you over the head with your P.O.S. PC. I wouldn't want to put Linnell through the torture of having to use Microsloth Products like Winblows 98 and Internet Exploder 4.0. Why do you feel the need to torture Linnell in such a horrible way?!?!?!?!?! Don't subject Linnell to the monopolistic powers that are Microsoft! That's just evil and wrong. ------------------------------ Message-ID: Date: Tue, 18 Aug 1998 15:14:06 -0400 (EDT) From: Lawrence P Solomon Subject: Re: TMBG: The Linnell Fund Excerpts from internet.music.tmbg: 18-Aug-98 TMBG: The Linnell Fund by "Josh Buckland"@hotmail. > It has come to my attention the our good mate John Linnell uses... a... > MAC!!! I've had thoughts of somehow collecting money to buy the good man > a PC. but first, we'd have to find a way to contact a manager, agent, > family member, etc., etc., etc... If there is any possible, I would like > to see this happen. There is no more fan apreciation than buying that > special celebrity a computer. I'm sure he'd find a PC a hell of alot > better than a crummy old Mac... So, give me your thoughts, there HAS to > be someway to make this thing happen! I mean, think about it! My library > has phone books from all over America, and I think I've seen a Brooklyn > book. Maybe he has a listed relative. I'd just have to make a few > expinsive collect calls... whooo, boy.... you don't realize what you may have just started. Macs are far superior for what Linnell is doing, which is MIDI composing, editing, and sampling. Actually, Macs are far superior in general, mainly because they're not restricted by Microsloth software. But then again, you're probably one of those people who will refuse to ever admit that Macs are decent computers. Lawrence Solomon http://www.contrib.andrew.cmu.edu/~lps/ lps@andrew.cmu.edu "Everything sticks until it goes away, * This space inadvertently And the truth is we don't know anything." -TMBG * left blank. ------------------------------ Date: Tue, 18 Aug 1998 13:22:35 -0600 (MDT) From: J Kuemmerle Subject: TMBG: The Linnell Fund Message-ID: On Tue, 18 Aug 1998, Josh Buckland wrote: > It has come to my attention the our good mate John Linnell uses... a... > MAC!!! I've had thoughts of somehow collecting money to buy the good man > a PC. (snip) > I'm sure he'd find a PC a hell of alot better than a crummy old Mac... > So, give me your thoughts, there HAS to be someway to make this thing > happen! heh. i'm sure that our good mr. linnell is perfectly aware of the existence of PCs and that his choice to use a Mac instead was well-considered and thought through, rather than an artifact of ignorance. --jim kuemmerle, who is also primarily a mac user... j.kuemmerle@m.cc.utah.edu http://www.geocities.com/soho/gallery/4668/ ------------------------------ Date: Tue, 18 Aug 1998 14:35:09 -0500 (CDT) From: Kim Justice Subject: Re: TMBG: The Linnell Fund Message-ID: On Tue, 18 Aug 1998, Josh Buckland wrote: > It has come to my attention the our good mate John Linnell uses... a... > MAC!!! [...] This is redundant information; we knew he was savvy and smart already! kj [Crucial Disclaimer: Not everyone on the list agrees with me.] -- justicek@edge.net (Kim Justice) http://edge.edge.net/~justicek What's me what? -- Bubble ------------------------------ Message-ID: <003e01bdcadf$727aa540$9f061ecf@default> From: "Green Jello" Subject: Re: TMBG: The Linnell Fund Date: Tue, 18 Aug 1998 15:35:29 -0400 >It has come to my attention the our good mate John Linnell uses... a... >MAC!!! I've had thoughts of somehow collecting money to buy the good man >a PC. I use a PC 100% of the time and I hate the few occasions that I HAVE to use a MacInslut machine, yet even I must bow to the MacInslut in the fields of graphics and music. It is FAR superior. I prefer the PC, b/c I DON'T work in those two industries. I cringe when I see a return address of dilweed_2000@imaidiot.com Brother John "Green Jello" LeDork: "We are in love with one another" GayBob: "Like homosexuals?" LeDork: "No, like this," (clucks like a chicken) GayBob: "Eh?" LeDork: "I am your father, Luke" GayBob: "Are you sure you haven't been at a Star Wars convention" LeDork: "Sleep with me, you'll know it's true" GayBob: "Dude, you're sick" LeDork: "No, I'm just an idiot who can't do dialog worth a S#$@ and likes to send it to ppl who don't care" ------------------------------ Date: Tue, 18 Aug 1998 14:49:40 -0500 (CDT) From: Kim Justice Subject: Re: TMBG: The Linnell Fund Message-ID: On Tue, 18 Aug 1998, Green Jello wrote: > I use a PC 100% of the time and I hate the few occasions that I HAVE to use > a [Macintosh], yet even I must bow to the [Macintosh] in the fields of > graphics and music. It is FAR superior. I prefer the PC, b/c I DON'T work > in those two industries. Heh. So the characteristics that make the Mac convenient and useful for artists are useless for everyone else? That's a non-sequitur if I ever saw one! "Get away from that easy-to-use computer! You'll poke your eye out!" kj [Crucial Disclaimer: Not everyone on the list agrees with me.] -- justicek@edge.net (Kim Justice) http://edge.edge.net/~justicek What's me what? -- Bubble ------------------------------ Message-Id: Date: Tue, 18 Aug 1998 14:47:48 -0500 From: The Pope Subject: Re: NON-TMBG: The Linnell Fund >whooo, boy.... you don't realize what you may have just started. Macs >are far superior for what Linnell is doing, which is MIDI composing, >editing, and sampling. Actually, Macs are far superior in general, >mainly because they're not restricted by Microsloth software. But then >again, you're probably one of those people who will refuse to ever admit >that Macs are decent computers. I agree that for what Linnell does as far as mixing music and midi and the like the Mac is far superior than any PC you can get. That and the fact that with a Macintosh you don't need to purchase one lick of Microsoft products. I own a Mac and don't have a single Microsoft product on it I am proud to say. That doesn't mean I hate PC's. In fact I would love to get a PC. Why?? To run Linux on it which is a free Operating System, and has nothing to do with Microsoft. mmmmm....linux. Other than that PC's are slow and hard to use. Anyway I would like to see what kind of Macintosh Linnell owns. Wonder if it's a G3. mmmmm....g3. Instead of getting Linnell a computer since he already has a great user friendly anit-microsoft machine. I would think you would want to get Flansburgh a computer since A) he has never been on-line (or at least from the interviews I've heard he hasn't) and B) does HE have a computer? Jason "Hates Microsoft with a Passion" Arnold Stupid Microsoft people I bet they get paid by number of lines of code rather than number of hours work. That's the only plausible explanation of the bloatware they produce. ------------------------------ From: mjames@khserver.loyola.edu (Matthew James) Message-Id: <9808181940.AA19171@khserver.loyola.edu> Subject: TMBG: German tours? Date: Tue, 18 Aug 1998 15:40:17 -0400 (EDT) Hello, I was thinking today about TMBG tours in Europe as I looked at my posters from their German tours. These tours took place back in '87 and '89, I believe, which were pre-Elecktra, pre-Major label tours. Doesn't it seem odd now that they have (or recently had) signed with a Major that they are not touring in Europe? How could they afford, back in the late 80s to go to Europe and play 10 different places all over Germany but now they seemingly have a hard time just getting up to Canada? Is there merely a greater focus on going to Australia and Japan or is there some other reason why they have not toured in Europe? Just wondering, Matt -- Matt James mjames@greed.loyola.edu Loyola College in Baltimore, MD Bruce Campbell Gazette: www.bcgazette.com ------------------------------ Message-ID: <01cf01bdcae5$099c4640$0100000a@shadowsedge.ml.org> From: "Jen" Subject: Re: NON-TMBG: Microsoft Date: Tue, 18 Aug 1998 13:15:54 -0700 >Stupid Microsoft people I bet they get paid by number of lines of >code rather than number of hours work. That's the only plausible >explanation of the bloatware they produce. Now look what you've done- you've finally dragged me in to defend my friends, neighbors, roommate, and boyfriend, all Microsoft employees. I'm assuming you were kidding by that above statement, and won't deal with it other than to note than they do not get paid by code produced _or_ hours worked- in fact, they work whatever hours they please (though most average well over 40 a week)- they also get no dress code, encouragement to play games and surf the net at work, occasional free pizza and beer at work, ridiculous benefits (inc 2 for 1 at Pizza Hut, Blockbuster, and other stores, and up to 90% employee discount) - and only 2% of interviewees get job offers. Most of Microsoft stuff is not bloatware, Win9x being a notable exception. For the record, I hate Win9x, won't go near it- but I'm currently running a pre-beta2 of WinNT 5 server, and it's a beautiful system, even though we've got two more beta releases to go before the final version. If you want an example of a really superior MS product, try Visual C++, the most popular C compiler on the market- despite the fact that Microsoft has no advantages over Borland or other compilers, and wins this one on pure merit. Even Sun uses VC to write their programs, rather than _their_own_ compiler. Okay, I'm done ranting in derfense of Microsoft now. SpiderEyes ------------------------------ From: Happyfroot@aol.com Message-ID: <7056e77a.35d9e5b9@aol.com> Date: Tue, 18 Aug 1998 16:36:08 EDT Subject: TMBG: Guessing up ideas for a Dr. Worm single.... Here'd be my guess (or my hope?) on the Dr. Worm single tracks (if any comes): Dr. Worm (lp version) - - obviously They Got Lost (studio version) - - because they don't have to record it one or two other other unreleased songs: Rest Awhile, Older, Finished With Lies, On the Drag, etc. - - I can't pick one that makes more sense than another Dr. Worm (early studio outtake) - - check out TMBG.COM's Giant Cam Dr. Worm (a remix, maybe?) jason "They call me Mister" glastetter ------------------------------ Date: Tue, 18 Aug 1998 15:02:23 -0600 (MDT) From: J Kuemmerle Subject: Re: TMBG: Guessing up ideas for a Dr. Worm single.... Message-ID: here's my wish list for a dr. worm single EP... dr worm - lp version, obviously triboro - however you want to spell it. wdtss?(tsiamoig) - with extra-silly talking parts and maybe getting the lyrics right. (my favorite? hydrogen, oxygen, nitrogen, boron, fluoron, chloron, moron, and estrogen)... older dr worm - alternate version, in the grand shoulda-been-a-tradition of kiss me, son of god; heavy on accordion, and with the horns extracted. --jim kuemmerle, who decided 'i am not your broom' is perhaps too much to hope for... j.kuemmerle@m.cc.utah.edu http://www.geocities.com/soho/gallery/4668/ ------------------------------ Message-Id: Date: Tue, 18 Aug 1998 16:07:14 -0500 From: The Pope Subject: Re: TMBG: Guessing up ideas for a Dr. Worm single.... >wdtss?(tsiamoig) - with extra-silly talking parts and maybe getting the > lyrics right. (my favorite? hydrogen, oxygen, nitrogen, boron, > fluoron, chloron, moron, and estrogen)... i can't see them putting this on a single since wdtss already has a single of it's own. maybe some more planet of the apes. who knows ------------------------------ From: tmbgirl@juno.com Date: Tue, 18 Aug 1998 14:46:21 -0600 Subject: Re: TMBG: German tours? Message-ID: <19980818.150947.16990.2.TMBgirl@juno.com> >Hello, >I was thinking today about TMBG tours in Europe as I looked at my >posters from their German tours. heh... who cares about europe... i got my info club newsletter today as was pleased to see denver listed as a possible stop on this tour :) take it easy, JOrdaN ***It's all about denver*** _____________________________________________________________________ You don't need to buy Internet access to use free Internet e-mail. Get completely free e-mail from Juno at http://www.juno.com Or call Juno at (800) 654-JUNO [654-5866] ------------------------------ From: tmbgirl@juno.com Date: Tue, 18 Aug 1998 15:16:31 -0600 Subject: Re: TMBG: Guessing up ideas for a Dr. Worm single.... Message-ID: <19980818.152107.16990.4.TMBgirl@juno.com> >wdtss?(tsiamoig) - with extra-silly talking parts and maybe getting >the > lyrics right. (my favorite? hydrogen, oxygen, nitrogen, boron, > fluoron, chloron, moron, and estrogen)... i like it better on the bootlegs (geez... '94 era?) where the entire crowd yells "and estrogen" i was really hopin' for that on the live album... take it easy, JOrdaN http://www2.netcom.com/~arnot/joda/bootlegs.html http://members.tripod.com/~tmbgirl/index.html _____________________________________________________________________ You don't need to buy Internet access to use free Internet e-mail. Get completely free e-mail from Juno at http://www.juno.com Or call Juno at (800) 654-JUNO [654-5866] ------------------------------ From: Kaylum@aol.com Message-ID: Date: Tue, 18 Aug 1998 17:52:17 EDT Subject: Re: TMBG: Dr. Worm & the movie (again) >also, i can definitely see the elvis/flans and spade/linnell >resemblances, but can david spade act nice enough to play linnell? I love Linnell, but he's definitely no mr. goody two-shoes. He can be every bit as snide as Mr. Spade when he wants to be, and even more antisocial. Nothin' wrong with that, either. Kay ------------------------------ Message-ID: <026901bdcaf3$6c461d80$0100000a@shadowsedge.ml.org> From: "Jen" Subject: Re: completely non-TMBG: Microsoft, the evil empire? Date: Tue, 18 Aug 1998 14:59:01 -0700 >Also from the amount of >lines of code I've heard it currently is compared to 4.0 it's just >unbelievably high. I had a quote for the MINIMUM number of bugs in 5.0 >and it was extraordinary high. I wouldn't want to touch Win NT 5.0. Well, of course. Come on, it's pre-beta software- what do you expect? We're currently doing beta 2. There will be a whole 'nother beta cycle before it's released. Of course it's inefficient and buggy. >>If you want an example of a really superior MS product, try Visual C++... >>Even Sun uses VC to write their programs, rather than _their_own_ >>compiler. > >It wins only because it has a Microsoft name on it Wait a sec- _Sun_ uses VC because it has a Microsoft name on it? Umm... >Working at a help desk at college you wouldn't believe the amount of >calls we get about Microsoft Office alone. Yeah, and my neighbor called the college help desk because she couldn't figure out what to do with a URL, and because she couldn't figure out how to send email in Eudora, and because her printer mysteriously wouldn't work ("does it have paper in it?" "uh, I dunno"). Office is one of the programs most used by college students, especially the less computer-literate ones- of course you get lots of calls about it. And no, I don't think Office is that great a product, it's much too feature-heavy; but I don't see much better out there, either. >You want a great compiler try Metrowerks Codewarrior. I've used Codewarrior, primarily for C++, and my personal opinion is that it's far inferior. But I suppose that's a matter of personal preference- if you like it, enjoy. I'll stick to VC 7. I do hope you (and all of you) enjoy your software, regardless of whose products you choose, or if you just write your own instead. - SpiderEyes ------------------------------ Date: Tue, 18 Aug 1998 18:11:53 -0400 (EDT) From: Kevin Keeler Subject: Re: (non?)TMBG: The Linnell Fund Message-ID: On Tue, 18 Aug 1998, The Pope wrote: > At 1:31 PM -0500 8/18/98, Josh Buckland wrote: > >It has come to my attention the our good mate John Linnell uses... a... > >MAC!!! I've had thoughts of somehow collecting money to buy the good man > >a PC. but first, we'd have to find a way to contact a manager, agent, > >family member, etc., etc., etc... If there is any possible, I would like > >to see this happen. There is no more fan apreciation than buying that > >special celebrity a computer. I'm sure he'd find a PC a hell of alot > >better than a crummy old Mac > > Don't make me beat you over the head with your P.O.S. PC. I wouldn't want > to put Linnell through the torture of having to use Microsloth Products > like Winblows 98 and Internet Exploder 4.0. Why do you feel the need to > torture Linnell in such a horrible way?!?!?!?!?! Don't subject Linnell to > the monopolistic powers that are Microsoft! That's just evil and wrong. ummm...this is hardly the place for y digression....but what the hell. let me just start out by saying that recently i spend a strong majority of my time running Linux because my computer will spontaneously reboot every 40 minutes or so whenever I boot to windows. (95 *or* 98)...so obviously im not a big microsoft fan! in other words...we should be rallying for outr team and patting each other on the back in agreeance!!! --but no. i just get the strong feeling that you're talking out your ass. don't get me wrong..your little "Microsloth Winblows internet exploder" are very cute (far from ORIGINAL..but thats not my point right now.)...but do you actually have a clue what youre talking about? i guess we''lll see.... in the mean time, i'll try to refrain from making comments about how you would have made a good nazi or inquisitionist... oops! my bad! --kevin minus5 PC points for me!! ** holy piss! an ascii stereogram!! : http://www.ta.jcu.cz/aa/aa3d/ ** ------------------------------ From: mr.train@juno.com Date: Tue, 18 Aug 1998 18:21:42 -0400 Subject: Re: TMBG: Guessing up ideas for a Dr. Worm single.... Message-ID: <19980818.182218.6278.0.Mr.Train@juno.com> Here's my Dr. Worm EP wishlist Dr. Worm (LP ver.) Older Finished With Lies The Value of Human Sacrafice (I can't remember if this song is a rumor or not... but here are some lyrics: Don't, don't criticize what you don't understand I've been tested with my time time and again I am sick of Sick of being nice 'Cause I've learned The value of human sacrifice Anyone ever heard this song?) Dr. Worm (ringworm mix) Dr. Worm (flatworm remix) Sun: also my fave WDTSS? screw up was on Conan when Linnell said "Iron, hazim, hzim, hzzm..." or something like that... check out the Video boot Tim, learned the the value of Human Sacrafice Miscellaneous Tim AKA TMB(do)G AKA Tambo (IRC) AKA Mr.Train (OML) Favorite TMBG song update: They got Lost Last CD purchase: Severe Tire Damage - TMBG Favorite mainstream song: One Week - BNL _____________________________________________________________________ You don't need to buy Internet access to use free Internet e-mail. Get completely free e-mail from Juno at http://www.juno.com Or call Juno at (800) 654-JUNO [654-5866] ------------------------------ Date: Tue, 18 Aug 1998 16:36:08 -0600 (MDT) From: J Kuemmerle Subject: TMBG: wtdss? Message-ID: On Tue, 18 Aug 1998, The Pope wrote: > >wdtss?(tsiamoig) - with extra-silly talking parts and maybe getting the > > lyrics right. (my favorite? hydrogen, oxygen, nitrogen, boron, > > fluoron, chloron, moron, and estrogen)... > > i can't see them putting this on a single since wdtss already has a single > of it's own. oh, yeah, huh. i'd forgotten. i guess i'm just kind of annoyed that they picked such a normal version of wtdss? to put on std when they toy around with it so much in concert... or is this the usual method of performance for it? (those of you with buttloads of bootlegs or plenty of concert experiences?) --jim kuemmerle j.kuemmerle@m.cc.utah.edu http://www.geocities.com/soho/gallery/4668/ ------------------------------ From: tmbgirl@juno.com Date: Tue, 18 Aug 1998 16:48:12 -0600 Subject: Re: TMBG: wtdss? Message-ID: <19980818.164817.16990.7.TMBgirl@juno.com> >oh, yeah, huh. i'd forgotten. i guess i'm just kind of annoyed that >they >picked such a normal version of wtdss? to put on std when they toy >around >with it so much in concert... or is this the usual method of >performance >for it? (those of you with buttloads of bootlegs or plenty of concert >experiences?) ooh ooh i'm a buttloader!! waitaminute... no, uhm, i think fo rthe most part they will play around with the lyrics... not to mention those shows where flansy and linnell traded parts... then the whole song got messed up not just the spoken parts :) take it easy, JOrdaN http://www2.netcom.com/~arnot/joda/bootlegs.html http://members.tripod.com/~tmbgirl/index.html _____________________________________________________________________ You don't need to buy Internet access to use free Internet e-mail. Get completely free e-mail from Juno at http://www.juno.com Or call Juno at (800) 654-JUNO [654-5866] ------------------------------ Message-ID: <19980818225138.6367.qmail@hotmail.com> From: "VoVat Quetzalcoatlus" Subject: Re: TMBG: Then Date: Tue, 18 Aug 1998 15:51:36 PDT Mysterio Gal wrote: >Ok, let's get this straight. I used to have Lincoln, and I used to have >a bootleg copy of the Pink Album, and I have Then, and I think I once >heard the DLS EP, which is from a time so long ago that I barely remeber >it. Just like Then contained every Pink album song available on my >bootleg tape, I also assumed that it also contained all the Misc T songs, >and therefore assumed the demo version of DLS was the song Josh and Mike >were talking about, is there a version of DLS I've never heard because I >don't have the Misc T album? Are there any other songs on that album not >included? Okay. There are three studio versions of "Don't Let's Start." There's the demo version, which appears on the demo tape and on "Then." There's a version that appears on the pink album. Then there's the single mix, which appears on the single, in the video, on Misc. T, and on Then (in place of the pink album version). If you have Then, and you used to have a bootleg copy of the pink album, then you've heard all of these versions of DLS. Personally, since I have never owned the pink album, I have probably ONLY heard the single mix and the demo version. As for stuff that appears on Misc. T and not Then, the only other thing I can think of is the single mix of "Hotel Detective." This appears on the single, on Misc. T, and in the video, but NOT on Then. -- Nathan DinnerBell@tmbg.org http://www.geocities.com/Area51/Corridor/5447/ "The puffin sipped at his herbal tea and sighed, 'You can't get the buttons these days.'" ______________________________________________________ Get Your Private, Free Email at http://www.hotmail.com ------------------------------ Date: Tue, 18 Aug 1998 17:05:33 -0600 (MDT) From: J Kuemmerle Subject: Re: TMBG: wtdss? Message-ID: On Tue, 18 Aug 1998 tmbgirl@juno.com wrote: > not to mention those shows where flansy and linnell traded parts... then > the whole song got messed up not just the spoken parts :) is that what's behind the lyric fudging on the std version? --jim kuemmerle, still trying to figure out why they chose that one... j.kuemmerle@m.cc.utah.edu http://www.geocities.com/soho/gallery/4668/ ------------------------------ Message-ID: <19980818231302.18092.qmail@hotmail.com> From: "VoVat Quetzalcoatlus" Subject: Re: TMBG: Guessing up ideas for a Dr. Worm single.... Date: Tue, 18 Aug 1998 16:13:01 PDT jason glastetter wrote: >Here'd be my guess (or my hope?) on the Dr. Worm single tracks (if any comes): >one or two other other unreleased songs: Rest Awhile, Older, Finished With >Lies, On the Drag, etc. - - I can't pick one that makes more sense than >another Well, I'd say that "Older" might be the least likely, since Flans has stated that he doesn't really want it to be released. That's what I've heard, at least. He said something about it only working if you see the Johns performing it. -- Nathan DinnerBell@tmbg.org http://www.geocities.com/Area51/Corridor/5447/ "The puffin sipped at his herbal tea and sighed, 'You can't get the buttons these days.'" ______________________________________________________ Get Your Private, Free Email at http://www.hotmail.com ------------------------------ Message-ID: <19980818231504.18059.qmail@hotmail.com> From: "VoVat Quetzalcoatlus" Subject: Re: TMBG: Guessing up ideas for a Dr. Worm single.... Date: Tue, 18 Aug 1998 16:15:03 PDT Tim wrote: >The Value of Human Sacrafice (I can't remember if this song is a rumor or >not... but here are some lyrics: > Don't, don't criticize > what you don't understand > I've been tested with my time > time and again > > I am sick of > Sick of being nice > 'Cause I've learned > The value of human sacrifice >Anyone ever heard this song?) I can confirm this song's existence, since They played it at the one TMBG concert I attended. I don't recall any of the lyrics, though. I think it might have been an improv song. -- Nathan DinnerBell@tmbg.org http://www.geocities.com/Area51/Corridor/5447/ "The puffin sipped at his herbal tea and sighed, 'You can't get the buttons these days.'" ______________________________________________________ Get Your Private, Free Email at http://www.hotmail.com ------------------------------ From: Happyfroot@aol.com Message-ID: <61e0e21e.35da11b9@aol.com> Date: Tue, 18 Aug 1998 19:43:52 EDT Subject: TMBG: Something kind of cool... I'm starting to put the first 72 minutes of TMBG's 11/27/97 show on CD & it sounds pretty cool (although I messed up on the Table of Contents, so it can only play in my computer, not in a normal CD player, doh!)...& I hope to finish it before my accsess to a CD burner goes away (I know other people have made underground CD bootlegs...I'm curious: which shows?) jason "the thanksgiving show, man" glastetter ------------------------------ From: tmbgirl@juno.com Date: Tue, 18 Aug 1998 16:44:12 -0600 Subject: Re: TMBG: Guessing up ideas for a Dr. Worm single.... Message-ID: <19980818.164417.16990.6.TMBgirl@juno.com> > --kevin > minus5 PC points for me!! heh... i read this and immediately just thought of the minus 5. ah, i miss hello. :( > 'Cause I've learned > The value of human sacrifice >Anyone ever heard this song?) yeah... check out the 4/29/97 bootleg as well as the NPR interview from the beginning of this year (for a clip of it). >Tim, learned the the value of Human Sacrafice take it easy, JOrdaN, listening to brian dewan's "cadavers" right now! :) http://www2.netcom.com/~arnot/joda/bootlegs.html http://members.tripod.com/~tmbgirl/index.html ------------------------------ Message-ID: <19980819004031.25736.qmail@hotmail.com> From: "VoVat Quetzalcoatlus" Subject: Re: TMBG: Guessing up ideas for a Dr. Worm single.... Date: Tue, 18 Aug 1998 17:40:29 PDT JOrdaN wrote: >yeah... check out the 4/29/97 bootleg as well as the NPR interview from >the beginning of this year (for a clip of it). Where was the 4/29/27 bootleg recorded? -- Nathan DinnerBell@tmbg.org http://www.geocities.com/Area51/Corridor/5447/ "The puffin sipped at his herbal tea and sighed, 'You can't get the buttons these days.'" ______________________________________________________ Get Your Private, Free Email at http://www.hotmail.com ------------------------------ From: WeepDay@aol.com Message-ID: Date: Tue, 18 Aug 1998 20:56:14 EDT Subject: Re: TMBG: Two questions 2 think about In a message dated 98-08-18 04:24:01 EDT, gray42@juno.com writes: << (2) Has anyone noticed the striking resemblence between Linnell and "Big Pete" from "Pete and Pete" that aired on Nickelodeon. And if you don't know about "Pete and Pete", what rock have you been under? :) Hmmm, as a matter of fact... Oh My GAWD!, that's SOOOO perfect... John & John = Pete and Pete (though Arnie (the strongest man in the world) would make a darn good Flansie), well you got yer movie right there. GoD, this is almost scary, I'll stop now 8D >> I have! Pete and Pete is one of my favorites shows! Actually, I always thought that TMBG should have been guests on that show since they had people like Iggy Pop, Syd Straw, Micheal Stipe and tons of others. =) ------------------------------ From: WeepDay@aol.com Message-ID: <6a2696db.35da260c@aol.com> Date: Tue, 18 Aug 1998 21:10:35 EDT Subject: TMBG: M2/tmbg videos Hello All, Has anyone else noticed how much M2 has shown TMBG lately? Within the past week and a half, they have played "The Statue Got Me High", "Put Your Hand Inside the Puppet Head", and today they played "Istanbul", they also played Mono Puff's "Devil Went Down to Newport" last week, which I had never seen before!! Do they always play them this much?? Just curious...... Alias Athena~ ------------------------------ Message-ID: <35D9F5AB.71185BA@tmbg.org> Date: Tue, 18 Aug 1998 21:44:15 +0000 From: "Chris \"Feeny\" Campbell" Subject: (Non?)TMBG:The Linnell Fund > At 1:31 PM -0500 8/18/98, Josh Buckland wrote: > >It has come to my attention the our good mate John Linnell uses... a... > >MAC!!! I've had thoughts of somehow collecting money to buy the good man > >a PC. but first, we'd have to find a way to contact a manager, agent, > >family member, etc., etc., etc... If there is any possible, I would like > >to see this happen. There is no more fan apreciation than buying that > >special celebrity a computer. I'm sure he'd find a PC a hell of alot > >better than a crummy old Mac > > Don't make me beat you over the head with your P.O.S. PC. I wouldn't want > to put Linnell through the torture of having to use Microsloth Products > like Winblows 98 and Internet Exploder 4.0. Why do you feel the need to > torture Linnell in such a horrible way?!?!?!?!?! Don't subject Linnell to > the monopolistic powers that are Microsoft! That's just evil and wrong. Chris Feeny and I are ROFL about your pet names for the Microsoft software. Anyhoo, I think Linny is perfectly happy with his Mac. I own both an IBM and (4) Macs, and I have to say that I prefer Macs. Apparently my pal Linny does too. To each his own, and I hope this thread doesn't go any longer, I'm enjoying the STD posts (BTW, I love it! SAA is my fav.) I think I'm pretty tired if I thought Internet Exploder was that funny, Charis ------------------------------ From: gray42@juno.com Date: Tue, 18 Aug 1998 22:49:47 -0400 Subject: Re: Non TMBG: Pete and Pete Message-ID: <19980818.225025.8422.0.gray42@juno.com> On Tue, 18 Aug 1998 20:56:14 EDT WeepDay@aol.com writes: >In a message dated 98-08-18 04:24:01 EDT, gray42@juno.com writes: > ><< (2) Has anyone noticed the striking resemblence between Linnell >and "Big > Pete" from "Pete and Pete" that aired on Nickelodeon. And if you >don't > know about "Pete and Pete", what rock have you been under? :) >Hmmm, as > a matter of fact... Oh My GAWD!, that's SOOOO perfect... John & John >= > Pete and Pete (though Arnie (the strongest man in the world) would >make a > darn good Flansie), well you got yer movie right there. GoD, this is > almost scary, I'll stop now 8D >> > > >I have! Pete and Pete is one of my favorites shows! Actually, I >always >thought that TMBG should have been guests on that show since they had >people >like Iggy Pop, Syd Straw, Micheal Stipe and tons of others. =) > Or don't forget Orson Bean (sp?) (critic intro), i think he was an ice cream vendor on one of the shows, or it could very well be a rumor... BTW what is the young actors name who depicts Big Pete anyway. Matter of fact, what's the actors name who depics Artie, I'd really like to know. Mr. G. (once was Mysterio Gal) "There's only 120 minutes to the show, and only 120 minutes left to go. Then we die, then we die." -- John &John on 120 min. ICQ# 9585405 MST3K#88182 gray42@juno.com http://www.geocities.com/SoHo/Coffeehouse/4871 The Official Project Omicrom website: www.geocities.com/SoHo/Square/9007 _____________________________________________________________________ You don't need to buy Internet access to use free Internet e-mail. Get completely free e-mail from Juno at http://www.juno.com Or call Juno at (800) 654-JUNO [654-5866] ------------------------------ From: gray42@juno.com Date: Tue, 18 Aug 1998 22:57:11 -0400 Subject: Re: TMBG: Then Message-ID: <19980818.230010.8422.1.gray42@juno.com> On Tue, 18 Aug 1998 15:51:36 PDT "VoVat Quetzalcoatlus" writes: >Okay. There are three studio versions of "Don't Let's Start." >There's >the demo version, which appears on the demo tape and on "Then." >There's >a version that appears on the pink album. Then there's the single >mix, >which appears on the single, in the video, on Misc. T, and on Then (in > >place of the pink album version). If you have Then, and you used to >have a bootleg copy of the pink album, then you've heard all of these >versions of DLS. Personally, since I have never owned the pink album, >I >have probably ONLY heard the single mix and the demo version. > >As for stuff that appears on Misc. T and not Then, the only other >thing >I can think of is the single mix of "Hotel Detective." This appears >on >the single, on Misc. T, and in the video, but NOT on Then. OK, I think I understand now, hmmm.... alright I thought it over, I guess I'll have to climb in the boat with Josh, I also do not see a difference, only because I have an awful memory, and no longer have the pink album to compare the Misc T remix to. The one that replaces The Pink album version on Then. Now I'm starting to confuse myself, blubitablubitablubita : ^ ) Mr. G. (once was Mysterio Gal) "There's only 120 minutes to the show, and only 120 minutes left to go. Then we die, then we die." -- John &John on 120 min. ICQ# 9585405 MST3K#88182 gray42@juno.com http://www.geocities.com/SoHo/Coffeehouse/4871 The Official Project Omicrom website: www.geocities.com/SoHo/Square/9007 >Nathan >DinnerBell@tmbg.org >http://www.geocities.com/Area51/Corridor/5447/ >"The puffin sipped at his herbal tea and sighed, 'You can't get the >buttons these days.'" > > >______________________________________________________ >Get Your Private, Free Email at http://www.hotmail.com > _____________________________________________________________________ You don't need to buy Internet access to use free Internet e-mail. Get completely free e-mail from Juno at http://www.juno.com Or call Juno at (800) 654-JUNO [654-5866] ------------------------------ From: Kreadoubt@aol.com Message-ID: Date: Tue, 18 Aug 1998 23:02:54 EDT Subject: Re: TMBG: wtdss? In a message dated 98-08-18 20:08:54 EDT, tmbgirl@JUNO.COM writes: << not to mention those shows where flansy and linnell traded parts... then the whole song got messed up not just the spoken parts :) >> Really? COOL!!!!!! That would have been a sight to see. I can almost see them doing it, but can't hear it...Oh well, maybe sommme day. -They Might Be a Lounge Band ------------------------------ From: mr.train@juno.com Date: Tue, 18 Aug 1998 23:16:21 -0400 Subject: Re: TMBG: Human Sacrafice (was: Guessing up ideas for a Dr. Message-ID: <19980818.231629.6294.0.Mr.Train@juno.com> On Tue, 18 Aug 1998 16:15:03 PDT "VoVat Quetzalcoatlus" writes: >Tim wrote: >>The Value of Human Sacrafice (I can't remember if this song is a >rumor or not... but here are some lyrics: <> >> 'Cause I've learned >> The value of human sacrifice >>Anyone ever heard this song?) > >I can confirm this song's existence, since They played it at the one >TMBG concert I attended. I don't recall any of the lyrics, though. I > >think it might have been an improv song. goatboy@one.net (AKA Chris Combs) gave me and the whole list these lyrics back in July (7-10-97!!!!) I dunno if he is still on the list.... maybe someone can put up an mp3? Also: CHRIS "FEENY" CAMPBELL: PLEASE TELL ME WHERE TO SEND THE MONEY FOR THE HATCH SHELL CONCERT!!!! Thanks Tim, topfueled and he's bad Miscellaneous Tim AKA TMB(do)G AKA Tambo (IRC) AKA Mr.Train (OML) Favorite TMBG song update: They Got Lost Last CD purchase: Severe Tire Damage - TMBG Favorite mainstream song: One Week - BNL >-- >Nathan >DinnerBell@tmbg.org >http://www.geocities.com/Area51/Corridor/5447/ >"The puffin sipped at his herbal tea and sighed, 'You can't get the >buttons these days.'" _____________________________________________________________________ You don't need to buy Internet access to use free Internet e-mail. Get completely free e-mail from Juno at http://www.juno.com Or call Juno at (800) 654-JUNO [654-5866] ------------------------------ End of tmbg-list Digest #9-19 *****************************