Errors-To: owner-tmbg-digest@tmbg.org Reply-To: tmbg-digest@tmbg.org Sender: owner-tmbg-digest@tmbg.org Precedence: bulk From: owner-tmbg-digest@tmbg.org To: tmbg-digest@tmbg.org Subject: tmbg-list Digest #9-20 tmbg-list Digest, Volume 9, Number 20 Thursday, 20 August 1998 Today's Topics: Re: TMBG: Human Sacrafice (was: Guessing up ideas for a Dr. Re: TMBG: Guessing up ideas for a Dr. Worm single.... Re: TMBG: Guessing up ideas for a Dr. Worm single.... non-TMBG: Let's end the stupid Computer Question. Re: TMBG: Guessing up ideas for a Dr. Worm single.... TMBG: 8/18 mono puff in central park! Re: TMBG: The Linnell Fund TMBG: STD Yay!!! TMBG: Why Does the MAC Shine? (The Mac is a Tool of TMBG) Re: TMBG: German tours TMBG: Re: tmbg-list Digest #9-19 Re: TMBG: Re: tmbg-list Digest #9-19 TMBG: Re: tmbg-list Digest #9-666: Does this happen to you??? TMBG: IHLTVOHS - it's a real song! TMBG: STD... no sir, i didn't like it Re: Non TMBG: Pete and Pete NON-TMBG: Macs vs. PCs TMBG: WDTSS lyrics Re: TMBG: WDTSS lyrics NON-TMBG: Microsoft TMBG: Re: tmbg-list Digest #9-19 Re: TMBG: Guessing up ideas for a Dr. Worm single.... Re: TMBG: Re: tmbg-list Digest #9-19 TMBG: 8/18 mono puff Re: Non TMBG: Pete and Pete Re: TMBG: STD... no sir, i didn't like it TMBG: My Dr. Worm Remix Re: TMBG: The Linnell Fund TMBG: My Dr. Worm remix is done Re: Non TMBG: Pete and Pete Re: Non TMBG: Pete and Pete Re: Non TMBG: Pete and Pete TMBG: San Diego and Space Ghost TMBG: TMBG on MTV!!! Re: TMBG: 8/18 mono puff Administrivia: If you wish to unsubscribe from this mailing send mail to tmbg-digest-request@tmbg.org for instructions on how to be automatically removed. --------------------------------------------------------------------- The views expressed herein are those of the individual authors. --------------------------------------------------------------------- tmbg-list is digested with Digest 3.5b (John Relph ). ---------------------------------------------------------------------- Message-ID: <35DA4A22.C7146318@cannet.com> Date: Tue, 18 Aug 1998 23:44:34 -0400 From: Mike Blaser Subject: Re: TMBG: Human Sacrafice (was: Guessing up ideas for a Dr. mr.train@juno.com wrote: > > Also: CHRIS "FEENY" CAMPBELL: PLEASE TELL ME WHERE TO SEND THE MONEY FOR > THE HATCH SHELL CONCERT!!!! Thanks > Yes, tell me too....I e-mailed him several times and he won't reply... ~Mike P.S. Sorry for the one liner, but what can ya do ------------------------------ Message-ID: <19980819034448.2348.qmail@hotmail.com> From: "Jason Fickley" Subject: Re: TMBG: Guessing up ideas for a Dr. Worm single.... Date: Tue, 18 Aug 1998 20:44:48 PDT >Here'd be my guess (or my hope?) on the Dr. Worm single tracks I thought someone on this list confirmed somehow that there is no Dr. Worm EP in the works... --Jason-- "Hot Cha, where are you? Everybody's eyes are closed." -They Might Be Giants "As a lizard stalks a helpless creature on TV music underscores the tragedy" -They Might Be Giants ______________________________________________________ Get Your Private, Free Email at http://www.hotmail.com ------------------------------ Message-ID: <8pqYqpO00WB=0AUIU0@andrew.cmu.edu> Date: Tue, 18 Aug 1998 23:59:49 -0400 (EDT) From: Lawrence P Solomon Subject: Re: TMBG: Guessing up ideas for a Dr. Worm single.... Excerpts from internet.music.tmbg: 18-Aug-98 Re: TMBG: Guessing up ideas.. by "Jason Fickley"@hotmail. > I thought someone on this list confirmed somehow that there is no Dr. > Worm EP in the works... well, there may be something "in the works," but no record store has heard any such thing. I've asked a bunch of places, and they all said there is no EP being released. but that doesn't mean they won't sell something through the info club. (although I doubt it) also keep in mind that they're planning on putting out a new studio album next summer, and it will probably have a single with b-sides, which means they have to have between 16 and 20 songs in order to make an album and an EP... they may have a lot of songs, but the ones you hear on dial a song are, for the most part, not refined enough to put on a commercial release. my guess is they're trying to save their material. Lawrence Solomon http://www.contrib.andrew.cmu.edu/~lps/ lps@andrew.cmu.edu "Everything sticks until it goes away, * This space inadvertently And the truth is we don't know anything." -TMBG * left blank. ------------------------------ Message-Id: <1.5.4.32.19980819041229.006fbe44@cybnetonline.com> Date: Tue, 18 Aug 1998 23:12:29 -0500 From: "The Li'l Depressed Boy" Subject: non-TMBG: Let's end the stupid Computer Question. Great the Big PC vs. Mac fight, been waiting for this. (sarcasm) Every computer is good, for different things. I myself use both a PC and a Mac, as well as other machines all the time. PC = Good Math Machines, good for programs that use a lot of Math. Mac = Good Graphic Machines, Good Music Machines. SGI = Great Graphic Machines, Good Math Machines. Amiga = Supposedly Great Music Machines, haven't used one myself so I'll get back to you on that. So, both machines are good, as long as you know your limits with it. (Now, just in case the Windows is a rip off OS spiel is going on [did I mention I'm not reading these Mac vs. PC posts anymore] here's another thing) X-Windows = The first incarnation of Windows I can see, still it was probably a rip off of another windows program. MS Windows = Rip off of X-Windows. (things added) MAC OS = Rip off of MS Windows. (things added) Win95 = Rip off of Mac OS. (things added) MAC OS 8 = (Just a guess, but I think it's a lot like a Win95 rip off with things added) Win98 = Rip off of Win95 (Maybe a li'l Mac OS8 in there) (things added) End, LDB -- (this site cuts the amount of URL's I put in my Sig) My Web Page Index: http://www.cybnetonline.com/users/njack/ TMBG | D.U.M.B. NEWS | Mr. Gone Font -- Contemporary Cartoon Militia is (C) & TM 1998 S. Steven Struble and Kris W. M. Struble. The Li'l Depressed Boy, Phreeck, Spyder Hunt, and all related characters (C) & TM 1998 S. Steven Struble ------------------------------ From: tmbgirl@juno.com Date: Tue, 18 Aug 1998 23:11:03 -0600 Subject: Re: TMBG: Guessing up ideas for a Dr. Worm single.... Message-ID: <19980818.231411.16990.0.TMBgirl@juno.com> hEy hEy! >>yeah... check out the 4/29/97 bootleg as well as the NPR interview >from >>the beginning of this year (for a clip of it). > >Where was the 4/29/27 bootleg recorded? 27 huh?!?! no uhm it was in Chicago, IL at the cabaret metro (does anyone know if that's a 21+ joint? i'm just curious) take it easy, JOrdaN http://www2.netcom.com/~arnot/joda/bootlegs.html http://members.tripod.com/~tmbgirl/index.html _____________________________________________________________________ You don't need to buy Internet access to use free Internet e-mail. Get completely free e-mail from Juno at http://www.juno.com Or call Juno at (800) 654-JUNO [654-5866] ------------------------------ From: KdsInThHal@aol.com Message-ID: <8a534659.35da657a@aol.com> Date: Wed, 19 Aug 1998 01:41:13 EDT Subject: TMBG: 8/18 mono puff in central park! (i'm copying this from an email and editing out irrelevant parts, or, trying to.. ) lessee... my friend erin and i took the 12:05 train to penn station... walked (ugh!) to central park... as we were walking thru the path to the bandshell, we heard "unsupervised" -- soundcheck! :D as we got to the stage they were leaving.. :( we watched flans drive away in a TMBIncorporated van. so, this drunk hippie guy started talking to us about drunk hippie stuff, so we got up and she showed me where they filmed "they'll need a crane" ( I SWEAR in the video it's round... hmm). and as we walked, we saw flans {in a green cub shirt} walking ... didn't stalk him though. ;) as we walked back, [our friend] matt arrived. so, we ate lunch, ...and then we went back to central park! there was a kung- fu type performance, then a band, then a really ..."artsy" dance (?) performance - which was great - they wore flourescent fishnet tutus, put apples on the ground and they wore goggles... and had people just walk up and around slowly.. matt got up and it was so hilarious.. we all took pictures. :) and... bought a MP t-shirt..! *then* another band and then mono puff! it started raining but let up after about 5 minutes. the worst was as they were setting up.. hehe, we were fighting over an umbrella and erin did a hal sirowitz imitation (see, we'd been listening to his hello cd and, well, i guess it's been an inside reference.. uh, ok) to one of matt's friends "motha said.. sheah the umbrella.." and flans looked up and smiled this enormous silly grin, but he didn't see who it was ... the show was great! dan & dan from lincoln were part of the band. :) erin got a setlist, i'll have to swipe it from her to tell everyone what was played.. i hope someone taped it, it was great. began with a sample of that.. "oooh i hear laughter in the rain" song, and 5* scratching, then turned into a whole band cover song thing... and the show *ended* with a cover of "i love rock and roll." then ~after~ the show, we met dan (miller, the one that left lincoln ..."thanks for being you"), steve (the drummer "thanks for flying! xoxo"), flans, and robin. people were handing flans their cameras and he'd hold them up and take a picture of them, so i did too.. :) ...yay! hope it turns out.. met drayco and tdk (hello you guys.. uh, okay.. ).. :) so, and yeah.. we're gonna try to see conan tomorrow... still don't know who the guests are but it doesn't matter. :) i guess i'll be wearing my green barenaked ladies "stunt" t-shirt, so ... look for me? hmm, okay. yay. sarah:) ------------------------------ From: KdsInThHal@aol.com Message-ID: <1adac3cc.35da68aa@aol.com> Date: Wed, 19 Aug 1998 01:54:49 EDT Subject: Re: TMBG: The Linnell Fund In a message dated 8/18/98 2:37:17 PM Eastern Daylight Time, dilbert_2000@hotmail.com writes: << It has come to my attention the our good mate John Linnell uses... a... MAC!!! I've had thoughts of somehow collecting money to buy the good man a PC. >> gaah! no fucking waay! i'm forever a mac user. and in fact, i'm on my friends pc right now and it bites! :P crashed on me twice... macs "rule" so... there. let linnell use his mac. if he's anything like me... he... would still... want to use his mac.. ... so.. hah! sarah ------------------------------ Date: Tue, 18 Aug 1998 23:32:21 -0700 Subject: TMBG: STD Yay!!! Message-ID: <19980818.233224.9126.0.jnielsen69@juno.com> From: jnielsen69@juno.com (Josh Nielsen) Guess what?? I BOUGHT STD TODAY!!!! It was kinda cool because a couple of days ago I went into Fred Meyer and asked about it, and they didn't even have it on their oder list. So, today I went in there and didn't expect them to have it, but they did! So, they pretty much ordered it just for me. Josh Nielsen jnielsen69@juno.com http://www.angelfire.com/or/jnielsen/ http://www.geocities.com/SunsetStrip/Studio/4091 ICQ #1337243 _____________________________________________________________________ You don't need to buy Internet access to use free Internet e-mail. Get completely free e-mail from Juno at http://www.juno.com Or call Juno at (800) 654-JUNO [654-5866] ------------------------------ Message-ID: <35DAB73E.27ECAD9A@pacificnet.net> Date: Wed, 19 Aug 1998 03:30:13 -0800 From: Bongo Subject: TMBG: Why Does the MAC Shine? (The Mac is a Tool of TMBG) "Josh Buckland" sez: > It has come to my attention the our good mate John Linnell uses... a... > MAC!!! I've had thoughts of somehow collecting money to buy the good man > a PC. but first, we'd have to find a way to contact a manager, agent, > family member, etc., etc., etc... If there is any possible, I would like > to see this happen. There is no more fan apreciation than buying that > special celebrity a computer. I'm sure he'd find a PC a hell of alot > better than a crummy old Mac... > It is not possible to simultaneously love and TMBG and hate the MAC. I won't tell you the reasons why I love the MAC but let me point out a few case where the MAC has been integrated into the TMBG world: 1) The "Dr. Worm" and "I Am Not Your Broom" QuickTime movies were created on a MAC 2) Linnell created the John Henry Hypercard stack using the MAC and Apple's Hypercard program 3) The MAC even appears as a guest vocalist on the new Mono Puff album!!! (Hidden Track) These are just the instances I know of. They may use the MAC in other less obvious ways on other TMBG projects. By the way, what makes you think Linnell has a "crummy old Mac"? He could have upgraded to a G3 for all we know. It would be a good tax write of for him. I can picture Linnell in one of Apple's "Think Different" ads, can't you? -B O N G O [Attachment omitted, unknown MIME type or encoding (text/html)] ------------------------------ Message-Id: <199808191108.HAA13649@ussenterprise.ufp.org> From: "Phil Moss" Date: Wed, 19 Aug 1998 12:11:26 +0000 Subject: Re: TMBG: German tours Greetings all from Europe....... Cheers to Matt for giving this little old insignificant area a mention, which, contrary to list belief, does have some TMBG relevance. We may be small in number, but European Giants are as committed and enthusiastic as 'you lot' over the pond. I long for the Flood/Apollo days when They used to do a few gigs in the UK as part of a European promotional tour, although I do have to admit the best TMBG show I've seen was at the 9:30 Club in DC when I was over last October. I'm currently waiting for Virgin to get me a copy of SVT, so I might emerge once more from my lurking shadow once I've listened and compared to Live in NY. Laters from a sunny Liverpool, Phil ------------------------------ Message-Id: <3.0.5.32.19980819071619.007938b0@cei.net> Date: Wed, 19 Aug 1998 07:16:19 -0500 From: Roger & Jaime Sikes Subject: TMBG: Re: tmbg-list Digest #9-19 Here's a long running debate between me and my wife... Maybe you guys can help settle it... "We're the Replacements"- mocking or praising? -Rog ------------------------------ Message-Id: <1.5.4.32.19980819122433.006f936c@cybnetonline.com> Date: Wed, 19 Aug 1998 07:24:33 -0500 From: "The Li'l Depressed Boy" Subject: Re: TMBG: Re: tmbg-list Digest #9-19 At 07:16 AM 8/19/98 -0500, Roger & Jaime Sikes wrote: >Here's a long running debate between me and my wife... > >Maybe you guys can help settle it... > >"We're the Replacements"- mocking or praising? > Well, actually I'd call it parody. (I'm sorry folks, but TMBG does do parody, I know of at least two songs, so quit yer whinin') I think it's more parodizing (is that even a word?) the TV show "The Archies." (or whatever it was called) Let's look at a lyric sample from them: "Hey, where's Tommy, someone find Tommy..." "Hey, Jughead where are you..." I'm not saying it's a Al Yankovic style parody, but a different kind of parody, a more subtle parody. LDB, who states the other TMBG parody song is Particle Man (Spider Man) -- (this site cuts the amount of URL's I put in my Sig) My Web Page Index: http://www.cybnetonline.com/users/njack/ TMBG | D.U.M.B. NEWS | Mr. Gone Font -- Contemporary Cartoon Militia is (C) & TM 1998 S. Steven Struble and Kris W. M. Struble. The Li'l Depressed Boy, Phreeck, Spyder Hunt, and all related characters (C) & TM 1998 S. Steven Struble ------------------------------ Date: Wed, 19 Aug 1998 08:40:53 -0400 Subject: TMBG: Re: tmbg-list Digest #9-666: Does this happen to you??? Message-ID: <19980819.084055.4582.0.djMagma@juno.com> From: djmagma@juno.com (Davin Q. Hutchingstone) I dunno, but ever since I got Then: TEY, I stopped listening to Pink, Lincoln, and Misc T. Then I stopped listening to Then: TEY. Now I don't listen to any of the 4! I think Then: TEY ruined those 3 albums for me! And they were awesome! Gavin (not really, I'm Dave) ____________________ "Feel the strength of my two-ply!" - Mortimer Kahn, as a roll of toilet paper. _____________________________________________________________________ You don't need to buy Internet access to use free Internet e-mail. Get completely free e-mail from Juno at http://www.juno.com Or call Juno at (800) 654-JUNO [654-5866] ------------------------------ Message-ID: From: Robert Plass Subject: TMBG: IHLTVOHS - it's a real song! Date: Wed, 19 Aug 1998 09:29:49 -0400 Hello exquisite living people, I want to add to the confirmation of the existence of the song, "I Have Learnt the Value of Human Sacrifice." One time after a Mercury Lounge Concert (God- please don't ask me which one - they're all a blur now), Flans ran back to the sound board and popped in a cassette and started playing a song over the Merc Lounge sound system. We clearly heard the lyrics, "I'm sick of.." from the refrain. We went up to him and asked him what it was and he said, "Oh, just something we recorded today that I wanted to hear." So apparently, They have recorded this as a real song. I suspect that this recording was used as the background clip for the previously mentioned NPR interview. This is a true rarity, but it does exist, and is not a rumored song. The "IHLTVOHS is a hoax" rumor surfaces every once in a while, nevertheless. It's real! I heard it with my own eyes! Robert Plass ------------------------------ Message-Id: <199808191336.VAA11932@vector.wantree.com.au> From: "Carla Stagles" Subject: TMBG: STD... no sir, i didn't like it Date: Wed, 19 Aug 1998 21:34:40 +0800 Today should have been a happy day. My friend got STD from CD Now and i got to have my first perusal of the magnificent Giant's latest effort... Wow, said i, Dr Worm! Wacky, said i, STD Theme, exciting! Funny, said i, this live stuff sounds familiar and i don't have many bootlegs. But now all is clear... most of the live tracks were released with John Henry on a Bonus Live! CD. I think this was just in Australia, but man... i can't see the point of buying STD at all now, i already have this god damn CD. The mix doesn't even sound that different. i don't know why i am cheesed off. i knew this was gonna be Giants Revisited. i guess i just wanted to hear some different versions. broken hearted, carla "i don't want the world, i just want your half" ------------------------------ From: Drayco@aol.com Message-ID: Date: Wed, 19 Aug 1998 09:36:55 EDT Subject: Re: Non TMBG: Pete and Pete In a message dated 98-08-19 00:39:36 EDT, you write: > BTW what is the young actors name who depicts Big Pete anyway. Matter of > fact, what's the actors name who depics Artie, I'd really like to know. > I don't know about Big Pete, but Artie was played by Toby Huss. --Jamal ------------------------------ From: Happyfroot@aol.com Message-ID: Date: Wed, 19 Aug 1998 10:19:17 EDT Subject: NON-TMBG: Macs vs. PCs Goddamnit! People shut up!!!! I hate this arguement (it's not the first time we've had it)...& each has it's own good points (& bad points) & we can spend hours on end argueing about which is "better..." There is no right or wrong people...it's a personal preference thing....sorry, I should calm down, but I hate to see y'all argue over something so insignifigant as the type of computer someone uses (& I'd figured I'd stop it before it got out of hand)... jason "who doesn't like things that are user-friendly...mmm..DOS based EMail" glastetter ------------------------------ From: Spoonerism@aol.com Message-ID: <240dbeb9.35dae626@aol.com> Date: Wed, 19 Aug 1998 10:50:13 EDT Subject: TMBG: WDTSS lyrics <> My fav would have to be "Hydrogen, Nitrogen, Helium, and Nutra Sweet." Anyone else have interesting additions? -CAsey, who could never get IE 4.0 to work right, and who's "Natural Keyboard"has been acting quite unnatural lately ------------------------------ Date: Wed, 19 Aug 1998 11:34:43 -0400 (EDT) From: Alex Gershon Subject: Re: TMBG: WDTSS lyrics Message-ID: On Wed, 19 Aug 1998 Spoonerism@aol.com wrote: > My fav would have to be "Hydrogen, Nitrogen, Helium, and Nutra Sweet." Anyone > else have interesting additions? Mr. Flippy answers the age old question: Why Does The Sun Change? Uncover the truth at http://www.connection.com/~alexg/tmbg ------------------------------ Date: Wed, 19 Aug 1998 08:49:29 -0700 (PDT) From: Nicole Carlson Subject: NON-TMBG: Microsoft Message-ID: >>but I'm currently running a pre-beta2 of WinNT 5 server, and it's a beautiful system, even though we've got two more beta releases to go before the final version. >> Please tell me you're joking. We're running NT on three workstations here at work. The one I'm using has crashed six or seven times this week alone (it's Wednesday morning.) The other intern's NT workstation is even worse. What a sorry excuse for an operating system! Compare our bevy of UNIX boxes, which have yet to crash. Perhaps you have grown accustomed to rebooting your computer to solve OS problems that shouldn't happen in the first place... I urge you to dump your shoddy OS and replace it with UNIX. As far as Visual C++ goes, it may be a good product (I wouldn't know--I use emacs and g++), but it's not a reflection on Microsoft, inasmuch as they bought it from another company. (It used to be "Lattice C".) Microsoft's strongest tradition is of NON-innovation and NON-excellence (marketing excellence excepted). --nicole the wonder nerd whose new computer will never know the defilement that is Windows... it's a Linux box! ------------------------------ From: gray42@juno.com Date: Wed, 19 Aug 1998 11:39:13 -0400 Subject: TMBG: Re: tmbg-list Digest #9-19 Message-ID: <19980819.115630.3742.4.gray42@juno.com> mocking : ^ ) Mr. G. (who has woken up early for the first time this summer) "There's only 120 minutes to the show, and only 120 minutes left to go. Then we die, then we die." -- John &John on 120 min. ICQ# 9585405 MST3K#88182 gray42@juno.com http://www.geocities.com/SoHo/Coffeehouse/4871 The Official Project Omicrom website: www.geocities.com/SoHo/Square/9007 _____________________________________________________________________ You don't need to buy Internet access to use free Internet e-mail. Get completely free e-mail from Juno at http://www.juno.com Or call Juno at (800) 654-JUNO [654-5866] ------------------------------ Message-ID: <19980819162541.23932.qmail@hotmail.com> From: "VoVat Quetzalcoatlus" Subject: Re: TMBG: Guessing up ideas for a Dr. Worm single.... Date: Wed, 19 Aug 1998 09:25:40 PDT JOrdaN wrote: >>>yeah... check out the 4/29/97 bootleg as well as the NPR interview >>from >>>the beginning of this year (for a clip of it). >> >>Where was the 4/29/27 bootleg recorded? > >27 huh?!?! no uhm it was in Chicago, IL at the cabaret metro (does >anyone know if that's a 21+ joint? i'm just curious) I meant '97, not '27. I was wondering if that was the show that I attended. It wasn't, but it was around the same time period. I guess They performed the song at several shows around that time. Oh, and I have no idea whether or not the Cabaret Metro is a 21+ joint. -- Nathan DinnerBell@tmbg.org http://www.geocities.com/Area51/Corridor/5447/ "The puffin sipped at his herbal tea and sighed, 'You can't get the buttons these days.'" ______________________________________________________ Get Your Private, Free Email at http://www.hotmail.com ------------------------------ Message-ID: <19980819162712.20984.qmail@hotmail.com> From: "VoVat Quetzalcoatlus" Subject: Re: TMBG: Re: tmbg-list Digest #9-19 Date: Wed, 19 Aug 1998 09:27:11 PDT Roger Sikes wrote: >Here's a long running debate between me and my wife... > >Maybe you guys can help settle it... > >"We're the Replacements"- mocking or praising? Both, I suppose. -- Nathan DinnerBell@tmbg.org http://www.geocities.com/Area51/Corridor/5447/ "The puffin sipped at his herbal tea and sighed, 'You can't get the buttons these days.'" ______________________________________________________ Get Your Private, Free Email at http://www.hotmail.com ------------------------------ From: Drayco@aol.com Message-ID: <2ad0f51d.35db26d3@aol.com> Date: Wed, 19 Aug 1998 15:26:09 EDT Subject: TMBG: 8/18 mono puff The concert was totally rockin'! Sarah pretty much summed everything up nicely, so there isn't much for me to add. Here are some highlights: -At one point during inter-song banter, Flans said "People..." Instinctively, Rob Plass and I responded by shouting "Apes!" I wonder if he got the joke. -After Mono Puff finished their set, a woman affiliated with the concert series made some announcements. I took this opportunity to get her attention and ask for a setlist. The other concertgoers groaned, but hey, y'all would have done the same thing. Speaking of the setlist, here it is: GROOVE-E GUITAR MR. HUGHES UNSUPERVISED IMAGINARY DEDICATED CREEPY FUN 2 STEAL GIRLS POISON DEVIL *BACKSTABBING (they didn't play this) for an encore, they did Night Security. It was a great show. Sarah, Erin, Matt, Jordan, tdk, Rob, Shana, etc., nice meeting you. --Jamal ------------------------------ From: NoNonie@aol.com Message-ID: <6fc6d842.35db318c@aol.com> Date: Wed, 19 Aug 1998 16:11:55 EDT Subject: Re: Non TMBG: Pete and Pete Michael Stipe was the ice cream vendor in Pete and Pete. It was in the episode where Mr. Tasty ran away...I think. I don't remember Big Pete's name, but Little Pete's was Danny Tambarelli. I think that Artie and Big Pete would make awesome Johns! ------------------------------ From: HallOfEyes@aol.com Message-ID: <2c9c44ca.35db37af@aol.com> Date: Wed, 19 Aug 1998 16:38:06 EDT Subject: Re: TMBG: STD... no sir, i didn't like it In a message dated 8/19/98 9:42:40 AM Eastern Daylight Time, stagles@wantree.com.au writes: << But now all is clear... most of the live tracks were released with John Henry on a Bonus Live! CD. I think this was just in Australia, but man... i can't see the point of buying STD at all now, i already have this god damn CD. >> Um...relax. Only 3 songs were released with the John Henry cd (Live!!NY). >>The mix doesn't even sound that different.<< Yes...they do sound pretty different. Ive never heard that long intro to She's an Angel before...so now it is basically 2 and a half songs out of 24 from Live!!NY Jordan ------------------------------ From: Happyfroot@aol.com Message-ID: Date: Wed, 19 Aug 1998 16:58:25 EDT Subject: TMBG: My Dr. Worm Remix I'm making a Dr. Worm remix everyone!!! It sounds damn cool (I'll post a URL of MP3 or RA or something when I finish it)... jason "remixer, extraordianre" glastetter ------------------------------ Date: Wed, 19 Aug 1998 17:19:56 -0500 (CDT) From: David Adams Subject: Re: TMBG: The Linnell Fund Message-ID: I think you both need to just calm down a bit. How does it affect any of us what computer John Linnell chooses to use? I'm sure he would not appreciate Josh's insinuation that he is too stupid to know PCs are better. And Mr. Pope, your comments are completely unnecessary! DaveA On Tue, 18 Aug 1998, The Pope wrote: > At 1:31 PM -0500 8/18/98, Josh Buckland wrote: > >It has come to my attention the our good mate John Linnell uses... a... > >MAC!!! I've had thoughts of somehow collecting money to buy the good man > >a PC. but first, we'd have to find a way to contact a manager, agent, > >family member, etc., etc., etc... If there is any possible, I would like > >to see this happen. There is no more fan apreciation than buying that > >special celebrity a computer. I'm sure he'd find a PC a hell of alot > >better than a crummy old Mac > > Don't make me beat you over the head with your P.O.S. PC. I wouldn't want > to put Linnell through the torture of having to use Microsloth Products > like Winblows 98 and Internet Exploder 4.0. Why do you feel the need to > torture Linnell in such a horrible way?!?!?!?!?! Don't subject Linnell to > the monopolistic powers that are Microsoft! That's just evil and wrong. > > ------------------------------ From: Happyfroot@aol.com Message-ID: <38bc3f95.35db602a@aol.com> Date: Wed, 19 Aug 1998 19:30:48 EDT Subject: TMBG: My Dr. Worm remix is done Well, I sat down dilligently to finish it & it's done...my Dr. Worm remix... The URL is: http://poingly.com/crappycovers/wormmix.ra You can do an open location on your Real Player to hear it stream... Remember the following before listening: Real Audio (at the low level I recorded in) sucks ass, I had no separation of tracks (can't take the bass apart from vocals apart from guitar, etc.), I had to conserve space on my harddrive (reuse the same verses from the beginning at the end, etc.), oh, yeah...it's also really hard to cut a wav & paste it in trackers & get it smooth (makes me wish I had some good studio equipment)... ok, enjoy... jason "Morning Mix" glastetter ------------------------------ From: WeepDay@aol.com Message-ID: <1dce9a26.35db6d6a@aol.com> Date: Wed, 19 Aug 1998 20:27:21 EDT Subject: Re: Non TMBG: Pete and Pete In a message dated 98-08-18 23:37:28 EDT, you write: << BTW what is the young actors name who depicts Big Pete anyway. Matter of fact, what's the actors name who depics Artie, I'd really like to know. >> Big Pete's real name is Micheal Maronna, he was also one of the kids in the first Home Alone, I haven't noticed him in anything except a couple of commercials since Pete and Pete ended......Wasn't Toby Huss/Artie on an episode of Seinfeld? Seems like I remember seeing him....=) Alias Athena~ ------------------------------ From: Drayco@aol.com Message-ID: <662dbf92.35db79c4@aol.com> Date: Wed, 19 Aug 1998 21:20:02 EDT Subject: Re: Non TMBG: Pete and Pete In a message dated 98-08-19 20:30:11 EDT, you write: > Wasn't Toby Huss/Artie on an > episode of Seinfeld? Seems like I remember seeing him....=) I think so. Also, he and Tone Loc played security guards on a couple of episodes of Newsradio. --Jamal ------------------------------ Message-ID: <19980820021354.25615.qmail@hotmail.com> From: "Josh Buckland" Subject: Re: Non TMBG: Pete and Pete Date: Wed, 19 Aug 1998 19:13:53 PDT Who was that girl who played Ellen? She seems familiar, as if I'd seen her in something ealse, but I can't recall what. Josh Buckland dilbert_2000@hotmail.com ICQ#: 17262308 contact me! http://profiles.yahoo.com/LeChuck__ * ----------------------------------------------------------------------- Linda Wheatley: Karl, you know what? Melinda here was voted employee of the month at the dollar store last February. Isn't that something? Karl Childers: Yes ma'am, I reckon. Melinda: Well, when you like pricing items as much as I do, it's just bound to happen sooner or later, I guess. "Sling Blade" ______________________________________________________ Get Your Private, Free Email at http://www.hotmail.com ------------------------------ Subject: TMBG: San Diego and Space Ghost Message-ID: <19980818.233834.4687.6.winningh@juno.com> From: winningh@juno.com (Winningham S. Sarah) Date: Wed, 19 Aug 1998 23:32:59 EDT So at the san Diego comic con my friend talked to one of the space ghost creators (she doesn't remember which, but not andy) and he said he wasn't sure if Flansy would be made into an episode or not, although he loves flansy, sometimes great people give useless interviews, but he hasn't seen flansy's. And I talked to Evan Dorkin who also thinks flansy is great, and he says that he does get to pick the interviews him and sarah dyer use, but he thinks someone else may have already picked flansy. Which is bad in that it wouldn't be a Dyer Dorkin episode, but good in that it would be an episode at all. Also, is anyone going to se They at San Diego's Streetscene? Especially anyone who lives in LA and has a car? Sarah "I want some gum" Winningham _____________________________________________________________________ You don't need to buy Internet access to use free Internet e-mail. Get completely free e-mail from Juno at http://www.juno.com Or call Juno at (800) 654-JUNO [654-5866] ------------------------------ From: Spoonerism@aol.com Message-ID: <197bf0ad.35dba787@aol.com> Date: Thu, 20 Aug 1998 00:35:18 EDT Subject: TMBG: TMBG on MTV!!! Heyo all! I just saw TMBG on MTV!!! Not M2 or 3 or 42, but MTV! And it wasn't 2AM either! Ok, Ok, it was just for about 2 seconds, but a sighting is a sighting nonetheless :) They were doing some bio of the Dust Brothers, and the narrator said "The Dust Brothers have since worked with a slew of alternative bands..." and the first clip they showed was from the Snail Shell video, at which point I promptly jumped on the couch and pointed my brother's attention toward the screen, shouting "It's They Might be Giants! It's They Might Be Giants!" I know it's not much, but it was the most excited I've been since the clerk at Circuit City had to open the box of STD at 11AM to give me copy -CAsey ------------------------------ Message-ID: <006001bdcbf6$79a51fe0$6b896fc6@kbrodbecremcen.ehhs.cmich.edu> From: "Kirsten Brodbeck" Subject: Re: TMBG: 8/18 mono puff Date: Thu, 20 Aug 1998 00:53:29 -0400 >GIRLS What's "GIRLS"? Kirsten (hoping she's not about to sound really stupid) ================================================ "If I was dressed in my best defenses, would you agree to meet me for coffee?" - Ani DiFranco "Superhero" Kirsten Brodbeck * AKA Crow kbrodbec@remcen.ehhs.cmich.edu ------------------------------ End of tmbg-list Digest #9-20 *****************************